Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

wardialer
Topic Author

Florida shooting - Europe should set an example to the USA

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:22 pm

In regards to the thread below.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1386589

I think countries like in Eastern Europe where guns are practically illegal should set an example to the US.
Just compare the statistics, its no brainer. Europe has way less crime than the USA because people cannot purchase guns and people can handle much more stress than an average American.

Just talk to any European, there not on Prozac nor on these opiates like the Americans are on, being DRUGGED up enough to carry out such an act. The kid was drugged on psych meds, I will bet my money on this one.

Enough said.

US should ban guns. Period.

CCGPV

Re: Florida shooting - Europe should set an example to the USA

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:30 pm

How would you go about that?

fallap

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:38 pm

wardialer wrote:
In regards to the thread below.
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1386589

I think countries like in Eastern Europe where guns are practically illegal should set an example to the US.
Just compare the statistics, its no brainer. Europe has way less crime than the USA because people cannot purchase guns and people can handle much more stress than an average American.

Just talk to any European, there not on Prozac nor on these opiates like the Americans are on, being DRUGGED up enough to carry out such an act. The kid was drugged on psych meds, I will bet my money on this one.

Enough said.

Could you please supply us with those statistics that don't require a brain? You mention that the perpetrator were on the influence of drugs, yet you conclude that the availability of guns is the only thing that needs to be changed. It would seem to me, that there are a whole range of different variables interacting on the (X) Availability of weapons ---> (Y) Risk of mass shootings correlation. Such as the availability of drugs, socioeconomic factors, unemployment, mental stability etc.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:52 pm

wardialer wrote:

Enough said.

Congratulations you just towed the line of Diane Feinstein and Nancy Pelosi, but we don't want to be like Europe. I know the base of the Democratic party does but the majority of the country does not. We don't want high taxes and no guns. If it works for Europe God bless them. I will take the USA just the way it is.

The America bashing here has a long history but please we don't need your suggestions. Thank you.

bennett123

Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:54 pm

What do tax levels have to do with it?.

tommy1808

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:34 pm

bennett123 wrote:

If they start copying Europe in that people may start to look closer and realize that people in Europe get something back for their higher taxes that has higher cash value. Pretty reliable social systems and such, low crime rates ect, more free time, lower average work time or that a lower gini coefficient means that a lot of people would have more money despite higher taxes or lower average income....
And heck, EU countries have unlimited "state" rights, where US states can't even secede. ..

Copying Europe is dangerous.

Best regards
Thomas

wardialer
Topic Author

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:46 pm

Ok ok...Sorry Its not bashing the US. I am a proud American myself and pro-gun.
I agree, its not all about the guns that's at fault here but its the people of America.

The US should be like Israel as well. Having armed guards in airports and at every malls and schools.

Americans tend to be weakened by stress than Europeans and even Asians.
American teens don't get to travel as much as they do in European countries so their minds wonder about...practically due to boredom.

But I am willing to bet this kid was drugged up by a shrink with who knows what type of psychotropic meds that may have triggered his fantasies about killing up many people.

tommy1808

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:48 pm

wardialer wrote:
Americans tend to be weakened by stress than Europeans and even Asians.

They all have paid leave too. I wonder if anyone ever checked how mass shootings corelate to the killers last real vacation.

Best regards
Thomas

NIKV69

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:52 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

If they start copying Europe in that people may start to look closer and realize that people in Europe get something back for their higher taxes that has higher cash value. Pretty reliable social systems and such, low crime rates ect, more free time, lower average work time or that a lower gini coefficient means that a lot of people would have more money despite higher taxes or lower average income....
And heck, EU countries have unlimited "state" rights, where US states can't even secede. ..

Best regards
Thomas

You also make a lot less money and have less opportunity. You can have your 4 day work week. I will take the USA over your model any day.

tommy1808

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:03 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
You also make a lot less money and have less opportunity. You can have your 4 day work week. I will take the USA over your model any day.

GDP PPP per working hour is virtually identical to the US in Germany. We work less because we chose to, and can afford it. Even without taking our children's money by deficit spending, nor having them killed in their schools every other day.

Best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:08 pm

There is some debatable evidence linking antidepressants and violence but at the end of the day, if you have a lot of guns, you have a lot of gun deaths, including mass killings, suicides, unintentional firings, etc. It's really not that complicated.

bagoldex

Fri Feb 16, 2018 8:53 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

So if your kid had his head blown off at school you'd be cool with that because you might be able to make a little more money at your crappy job?

bagoldex

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:02 pm

CCGPV wrote:

Amend the constitution then use whatever means necessary, including military force.

B777LRF

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:44 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

It's ignorant, bordering on offensive, to lob all of Europe into one basket. Regardless, you couldn't be any further from the truth. The biggest driver of opportunity is education, which is usually free of charge or orders of magnitude cheaper in 'Europe' than the US. As for the money bit you're both right and wrong, however, many Europeans place a higher value on time off with family and shorter working weeks than worshipping at the alter of the almighty dollar. To boot, once you're above a certain threshold, the size of your bank account has little to no bearing on your happiness. Check the happiness index for reference. No, I'll be good and save you the effort and just present the facts:

1: Norway
2. Denmark
3: Iceland
4: Switzerland
5: Finland
6: Netherlands
14: United States

MaverickM11

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:01 pm

B777LRF wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

It's ignorant, bordering on offensive, to lob all of Europe into one basket. Regardless, you couldn't be any further from the truth. The biggest driver of opportunity is education, which is usually free of charge or orders of magnitude cheaper in 'Europe' than the US. As for the money bit you're both right and wrong, however, many Europeans place a higher value on time off with family and shorter working weeks than worshipping at the alter of the almighty dollar. To boot, once you're above a certain threshold, the size of your bank account has little to no bearing on your happiness. Check the happiness index for reference. No, I'll be good and save you the effort and just present the facts:

1: Norway
2. Denmark
3: Iceland
4: Switzerland
5: Finland
6: Netherlands
14: United States

:checkmark: Seems like something an American that lives in their parents' basement would say...

bagoldex wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

So if your kid had his head blown off at school you'd be cool with that because you might be able to make a little more money at your crappy job?

Easy! Buy a new one! #blessed

NIKV69

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:21 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Seems like something an American that lives in their parents' basement would say...

More hateful personal attacks. Just like most Euros when questioned about their high tax utopia . Unfortunately I own my condo. Free and clear.

Again I am glad you enjoy your country. Which you choose to evoke every time we have a shooting as some way to thump your chest. It's not us though and I am glad it isn't. We have more opportunity as a non nanny state and entrepreneurship here in America.

Carry on.

EstherLouise

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:32 pm

NIKV69. That name rings a bell. I think I've seen that name on Google in aviation posts elsewhere. I've heard about you. Aren't you that world-famous professional golfer that spends more time at Mar-A-Lago than Trump? Anyway.... Mueller is just getting started. The right seems to think every time he announces something that it's the end of the investigation. I predict that he'll indict Trump in the end and that's when I can break out my 32 gallon trash bag of popcorn and enjoy some action sports.

Aesma

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Today a bank heist made the news here in France (we don't have enough of them to be numb, I guess), the attacker was shot and captured (shot non fatally). It turns out he was waving a plastic gun. Which is the case most of the time.

CCGPV

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:43 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Amend the constitution then use whatever means necessary, including military force.

Haha ok. Let me just casually amend the BILL OF RIGHTS and suspend habeas corpus real quick.

Ridiculous.

bagoldex

Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:44 pm

CCGPV wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Haha ok. Let me just casually amend the BILL OF RIGHTS and suspend habeas corpus real quick.

Ridiculous.

One can dream.

DiamondFlyer

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:09 pm

bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

The 2A was made to prevent ignorant people like you from being in the government. You want to ban guns, forcibly remove them. How you going to do it, with guns. The irony.

NIKV69

Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:22 pm

EstherLouise wrote:
NIKV69. That name rings a bell. I think I've seen that name on Google in aviation posts elsewhere. I've heard about you. Aren't you that world-famous professional golfer that spends more time at Mar-A-Lago than Trump? Anyway.... Mueller is just getting started. The right seems to think every time he announces something that it's the end of the investigation. I predict that he'll indict Trump in the end and that's when I can break out my 32 gallon trash bag of popcorn and enjoy some action sports.

It's good to know I have cyber stalkers out there. My profession is none of your business suffice to say I have a job that provides me financial security. I have never been to Mar-A-Lago since it doesn't have a golf course. Nor do I spend much time in Florida.

Your prediction that Trump will be indicted for some voodoo with Russia that prevented a Hillary win is a long shot but you are more than free to further indulge if it makes you feel better every time you turn on your TV and see Trump sitting in the oval office.

In fact if he is indicted and removed from office I will buy you that popcorn. Extra butter?

Draken21fx

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:28 am

wardialer wrote:
The US should be like Israel as well. Having armed guards in airports and at every malls and schools.

Out of curiosity have you ever been to Israel?

DIRECTFLT

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:31 am

The Protection of Texas Children law was passed in 2013.

The law allows districts in the state to create “school marshals” for campuses. Those marshals are usually employees at campuses.

To become a school marshal, those employees must undergo extensive active shooter and firearms training with the state. They must also undergo a mental health evaluation.

They receive a school marshal designation by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement and must renew their license every two years by undergoing the same training and evaluation.

Outside of campuses in Keene and Argyle, signs warn visitors that there are staff members who are armed and are prepared to protect children.

Lawmakers in Florida are currently trying to amend a state law that prohibits firearms on school grounds.

If passed, the bill would let employees carry guns on campuses if they passed background checks and were certified with training created by the state’s Criminal Justice Standards.

Other lawmakers have expressed interest in introducing similar legislation in other states since the shooting.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/denton-c ... /519416914

DIRECTFLT

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:33 am

America stays strong by having it's populace armed and ready to fight. Whomever.

When a tyrant like Hitler, or the Land of the Rising Sun, rises up and declares war on the world... It's been a 2nd Amendment Nation like the US, that comes to the rest of the world's rescue.

Our existence while grotesque, and incomprehensible, to some, saves lives.

I’d rather those with anti-gun feelings just said ‘thank you’, and went on their way. :yes:

DIRECTFLT

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:37 am

wardialer wrote:
Just talk to any European, they're not on Prozac nor on these opiates like the Americans are on, being DRUGGED up enough to carry out such an act. The kid was drugged on psych meds, I will bet my money on this one.

Correct.... Please read this report:

:point: :point: http://www.wnd.com/2018/02/media-ignori ... -shooting/

Fact: A disturbing number of perpetrators of school shootings and similar mass murders in our modern era were either on – or just recently coming off of – psychiatric medications.

The truth is, to avoid costly settlements and public relations catastrophes – such as when GlaxoSmithKline was ordered to pay millions of dollars to the family of 60-year-old Donald Schell who murdered his wife, daughter and granddaughter in a fit of rage shortly after starting on Paxil – drug companies’ legal teams have quietly and skillfully settled hundreds of cases out-of-court, shelling out hundreds of millions of dollars to plaintiffs. Pharmaceutical giant Eli Lilly fought scores of legal claims against Prozac in this way, settling for cash before the complaint could go to court while stipulating that the settlement remain secret – and then claiming it had never lost a Prozac lawsuit.

Criticize it, if you like.

Aesma

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:01 am

Hitler was liked by a majority of Germans, what does owning guns have to do with it ?

The 2nd amendment is a modification on the original US constitution, not something universal that means anything to most people in the world, nor a commandment from a deity.

salttee

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:02 am

@DIRECTFLT
Did it ever occur to you that people "were either on – or just recently coming off of – psychiatric medications" were people with diagnosed mental problems which were in an active state (hence the "on or just recently coming off" meds) therefore the most likely group of people to have breakdowns?

It seems likely that if people with mental illness were commonly told to carry rabbit's foots in their pockets, people like you would end up maintaining that rabbit's foots are a cause of mass murder.
Last edited by salttee on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

EstherLouise

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:08 am

NIKV69 wrote:
EstherLouise wrote:

It's good to know I have cyber stalkers out there. My profession is none of your business suffice to say I have a job that provides me financial security. I have never been to Mar-A-Lago since it doesn't have a golf course. Nor do I spend much time in Florida.

Your prediction that Trump will be indicted for some voodoo with Russia that prevented a Hillary win is a long shot but you are more than free to further indulge if it makes you feel better every time you turn on your TV and see Trump sitting in the oval office.

In fact if he is indicted and removed from office I will buy you that popcorn. Extra butter?

Real butter. Not that glorified rancid grease that you get in movie theaters. And you have to help me to improve my back swing.

MaverickM11

Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:21 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
America stays strong by having it's populace armed and ready to fight. Whomever.

When a tyrant like Hitler, or the Land of the Rising Sun, rises up and declares war on the world... It's been a 2nd Amendment Nation like the US, that comes to the rest of the world's rescue.

I’d rather those with anti-gun feelings just said ‘thank you’, and went on their way. :yes:

More Americans have died from guns since the 60s than in all US wars combined. But cool story bro

nwadeicer

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:36 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

Didn't he get arrested after that little diatribe?
Last edited by nwadeicer on Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

nwadeicer

Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:38 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

More Americans have died from guns since the 60s than in all US wars combined. But cool story bro

He can't even come up with his own quotes...

TheFlyingDisk

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:02 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Is there actually any correlation between the number of guns in the hands of American civilians and the number of outright wins for American troops in battle to "rescue" the world?

scbriml

Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:31 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Yeah, right. What has Billy-Bob and his AR-15 done to fight ISIS, Al-Q, global terrorism, etc. Oh yes, that’s right - diddly squat. Hell, Billy-Bob can’t even stop school kids from being massacred on a regular basis. :banghead:

DiamondFlyer wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

The 2A was made to prevent ignorant people like you from being in the government. You want to ban guns, forcibly remove them. How you going to do it, with guns. The irony.

The real irony is rednecks with their AR-15s believing they can stop the gubmint. You know, the ones with the Army and Air Force. :rotfl:

NIKV69

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:30 am

EstherLouise wrote:

Real butter. Not that glorified rancid grease that you get in movie theaters. And you have to help me to improve my back swing.

I always use real butter melted in a saucepan with salt too. As for your swing no problem but watch Annika Sorenstam videos from every angle. You won't find a better fundamentally sound swing.

DIRECTFLT

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:44 am

nwadeicer wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Hmmm, where have I heard that before?

Didn't he get arrested after that little diatribe?

No, not immediately after, he didn't. It was after further cross examination by Lt. Kaffee, screaming "Did you order the Code Red," .... And the Colonel's answer to that final questioning, that got him arrested...

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/A_Few_Good_Men
Last edited by DIRECTFLT on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

DIRECTFLT

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:51 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Is there actually any correlation between the number of guns in the hands of American civilians and the number of outright wins for American troops in battle to "rescue" the world?

I would rather ask, is there a correlation yet between, a non-"2nd Amendment" country being the deciding factor in victory over an Axis of evil like Germany, Japan (& Italy) in WWII??

DIRECTFLT

Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:55 am

salttee wrote:
@DIRECTFLT
It seems likely that if people with mental illness were commonly told to carry rabbit's foots in their pockets, people like you would end up maintaining that rabbit's foots are a cause of mass murder.

There you go again .... Trying to put words where I didn't say them....

LMP737

Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:14 am

NIKV69 wrote:
[
, but we don't want to be like Europe.

You keep using the word we as if you speak for all of us. News flash, you don't so I suggest you use the word letter I next time.

flipdewaf

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:24 am

Europe should set an example? Europe already has. The powers that be in the US obviously think dead children is ok. The evidence is there for what the problem is and numerous potential solution to be implemented but the vocal opposition to even what the problems might be suggest that they like dead kids.

It's funny that children are dead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheFlyingDisk

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:45 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I would rather ask, is there a correlation yet between, a non-"2nd Amendment" country being the deciding factor in victory over an Axis of evil like Germany, Japan (& Italy) in WWII??

So basically the answer is no then. In any case, why limit yourself to WWII? Why not expand it to include the wars in Vietnam or Afghanistan or Iraq or even Somalia? I really don't see the relevency between the Second Amendment and America's war record.

Thank god I live in a country where gun laws are incredibly stringent that it takes real determination for anyone to be able to even get a permit to own a gun. I don't have to worry about getting shot at indiscriminately by some mentally deranged kid who has a gripe.

Dutchy

Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:51 am

NIKV69 wrote:
We have more opportunity as a non nanny state and entrepreneurship here in America.

Could you elaborate on that? I will give you a head start on it: American investors seem to be less risk averse when it comes to investing in start-ups, which is a good thing for entrepreneurs and the thing I like about America. You have made a general assumption, so I am keen to hear about this.

Scorpio

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:01 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

You know someone's out of real arguments when 'but we saved your ass in World War Two' stumbles its way into the debate. Especially since that is impressively irrelevant in this discussion. I mean, what the hell does the 2nd amentment have to do with world war 2???

JJJ

Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
bennett123 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

I once had the chance to get transferred to the US subsidiary.

After a quick math workout just the extra health care coverage for me and my wife are a big bite of the raise (we didn't even get to housing costs because it was a toss up between Miami and SoCal). And I do have private insurance here.

But then I had to work out school and healthcare for my son who suffers from ASD. That alone would take 60 to 90k per year and would also hit my healthcare premium.

So nopes. I just stayed here, with a 37h workweek and 5 week paid holiday thank you very much.

WIederling

Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:04 am

tommy1808 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

GDP PPP per working hour is virtually identical to the US in Germany. We work less because we chose to, and can afford it. Even without taking our children's money by deficit spending, nor having them killed in their schools every other day.

commercialization expands GDP without actual gain.
lawyers are better placed on the bottom of an ocean.
( How much of US GDP is lawyers ping ponging plain peoples money around?)
Taking your food in a burger joint shows up in GDP
cooking your ( much healthier ) food at home does not show up.
cramming yourself full of opioids and your kids with psych meds shows up in GDP
A more pleasant society ( that does not need these things) not.

tommy1808

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:26 am

LMP737 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
[
, but we don't want to be like Europe.

You keep using the word we as if you speak for all of us. News flash, you don't so I suggest you use the word letter I next time.

Syria sees a lot of war tourists, I would assume there are also people that like to live in a civil war torn country and the US is as close to that as possible you get without a total breakdown own burocracy.

Suplying mass-child murderers with their tools is also pretty profitable and sone people may have a hard time valuing other parents kids life over their own cash....

Best regards
Thomas

tommy1808

Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:34 am

Dutchy wrote:
. You have made a general assumption, so I am keen to hear about this.

"We have google and facebook"

Both shady companies bordering on illegal activities by civilized standards (and basically lose a cout case somewhere in Europe almost as often as NRA radicalized domestic terrorists murder children)

We also don't have the opportunity to sell guns and ammunition to the mentally ill. And the child coffin Industrie suffers too...

Best regards
Thomas

bagoldex

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:43 pm

DiamondFlyer wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
CCGPV wrote:

Maybe a strategic drone strike or two to remind the most dangerous holdouts(gun-hoarding militia groups) who's boss.

tommy1808

Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:54 pm

bagoldex wrote:
DiamondFlyer wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Maybe a strategic drone strike or two to remind the most dangerous holdouts who's boss.

Not needed, the US constitution talks about bearing arms, not weapons. The one has nothing to do with the other.

Lack of gun control is the real violaton of the constitution.

Best regards
Thomas

787Driver

Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:26 pm

NIKV69 wrote:

lol American media propaganda seems to be very effective. I travel to the US every other week and I’ve been to the US +200 times and all over the country. Don’t get me wrong, I really like visiting but I could never imagine living there and I don’t see how the average American has more opportunity. To me it seems the opposite is true.
Last edited by 787Driver on Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.