Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Amazon miscategorizing clothing with its color filters?

Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:57 pm

This seemed to have started last year, but for most of IZOD's products in Fairy Tale, with a few exceptions, Amazon seems to miscategorize them in its color filters, placing them under Red instead of Pink.

I was wondering, has anyone seen that happen with other clothing that are clearly one color but categorized by Amazon as a different color?

910A

Re: Amazon miscategorizing clothing with its color filters?

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:23 pm

I saw the title of this thread, and just thought wow this is some really important stuff. :bouncy:

Why would anyone buy their clothes from Amazon, I like to know they fit before putting down my green backs..A size like Large can be different depending if the clothes were made in Vietnam or Honduras.

vikkyvik

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:35 pm

Rest assured, I have sent several strongly worded emails to Amazon regarding this.

This is utter blasphemy!

casinterest

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:56 pm

I am mad that they keep mistaking pine tree green for spruce pine. Everyone should know the difference.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:23 pm

910A wrote:
I saw the title of this thread, and just thought wow this is some really important stuff. :bouncy:

Why would anyone buy their clothes from Amazon, I like to know they fit before putting down my green backs..A size like Large can be different depending if the clothes were made in Vietnam or Honduras.

IZOD is mostly consistent with it sizing and has one of the best fits for me. Some brands such as Polo Ralph Lauren run small for some items.

BestWestern

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:29 pm

Shopping on amazon will mean that your favourite department stores will close.

I’d write to congress on the selling practices? We all know Donald hates Jeff.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:52 pm

BestWestern wrote:
Shopping on amazon will mean that your favourite department stores will close.

I’d write to congress on the selling practices? We all know Donald hates Jeff.

Kohl's is in the best financial shape of the major department stores right now, and JCPenney did post a better than expected holiday season.

Interestingly, it seems that lately Amazon has been first at getting a lot of IZOD's new products in Fairy Tale. Maybe IZOD is moving with the times by giving them first dibs.

skyservice_330

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:08 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
This seemed to have started last year, but for most of IZOD's products in Fairy Tale, with a few exceptions, Amazon seems to miscategorize them in its color filters, placing them under Red instead of Pink.

I was wondering, has anyone seen that happen with other clothing that are clearly one color but categorized by Amazon as a different color?

What Amazon is doing is totally reasonable / accurate. Pink is not a color - Pink is a tint (created by adding white to a primary color which, in this case, would be red).

It seems they have made the logical decision to categorize the product by the primary color it is derived from.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:26 pm

skyservice_330 wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

What Amazon is doing is totally reasonable / accurate. Pink is not a color - Pink is a tint (created by adding white to a primary color which, in this case, would be red).

It seems they have made the logical decision to categorize the product by the primary color it is derived from.

But pink is one of the color filter selections as well.

einsteinboricua

Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:56 pm

skyservice_330 wrote:

Thou hath sinned for saying that pink is not a color. Pink IS a color. Not a gay color, because gays despise pink!

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:09 pm

To me, merely adding red to white (or vice versa) doesn't make a true pink color. Pink is a mix of red and violet light, sometimes with other spectrums depending on lightness (but with more red and violet spectrums and less green spectrums).

skyservice_330

Thu Feb 15, 2018 7:58 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
skyservice_330 wrote:
1337Delta764 wrote:

But pink is one of the color filter selections as well.

In that case, I would be complaining to Amazon that they shouldn't be including Pink on their color selection list as it is not a color. It is a tint of a primary color - red. At best it should be included as a sub-option under the red category.

P1aneMad

Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:03 am

I think the issue is serious enough that Congress should deal with it!
We should all write letters to our congressman and notify him of this color miscategorization.
If we don't things might get far worse than pink shirts. Amazon could start ordering A330 freighters for all we know. Oh the humanity!

Airstud

Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:35 am

1337Delta764 wrote:

I want to know why the networks didn't interrupt their coverage of the Parkland shooting to alert the American public that Amazon was doing this.