Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

BestWestern
Topic Author

Pence in Korea

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:02 am

For decades the United States has entertained, is entertaining and will entertain, fund and sponsor tyrants and their genocidal battles around the world. It’s what superpowers do.

North Korea has operated like such a tyrannical regime. For the first time very Senior officials from both North and South Korea have met in South Korea to celebrate sport, discuss peace and realise that they aren’t that all different after all.

This thawing of relationships has hopefully postponed a nuclear war for a good while. This is a good thing?

The Vice President of the US arrives and acts like a spoilt child, refusing to clap the Korean team, or stand for their anthem. He just sits there with a frown on his face. The hypocrisy of not helping to stop mutually assured distraction is strong.

Why? Has America walked away from a peacemaker position in the world? They played this so well in the past, most recently in Northern Ireland.

Is it because someone has taken away a chance of a good battle?

DLFREEBIRD

Re: Pence in Korea

Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:59 am

Trump is a pious asshole, so of course he's going to act like a spoiled child while in another country. obviously he think he's better than everyone else by that stupid smug look on his face. can't stand him or Trump.

777222LR

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:05 am

The Trump administration is the most inept group of people, who do not care about laws unless it suits them, full of racism, homophobia, sexism, xenophobia, islamaphobia, who's agenda is set by Donald Trump's thumbs and phone through tweets. They spend the whole day defending and maneuvering around what thoughts come into his mind and out of his thumbs. I've never been so embarrassed of a president and the people around him. I didn't particularly like Bush, but honestly, we could go back to him for all I care. Trump is taking our country back to the idiocy of uneducated fears. He embolden's those who fear what they cannot understand, which up until now, we've manage to repress and began to educate. It's absolutely disgusting.

And another thing, Donald Trump is a LIAR. He lies, DAILY to the American people. He's a snaky salesman, and honestly, I get so tired is seeing his hashtags, his catchphrases, and his slogans. Then, his administration lies to protect him. I cannot stand a liar in normal life. He's not even good at it, yet 1/4 of the people of this country love it. 35-40 percent of them support it. Percentage depends on how deplorable, and yes, I said "deplorable" his behavior is that day.

MaverickM11

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:21 am

Pence reminds the world that you may not necessarily be born dumb like Trump, but you are always born again dumb.

BestWestern wrote:
Why? Has America walked away from a peacemaker position in the world?

Fear not. The bombings will continue until morale improves..

jetero

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:42 am

BestWestern wrote:
For decades the United States has entertained, is entertaining and will entertain, fund and sponsor tyrants and their genocidal battles around the world. It’s what superpowers do.

North Korea has operated like such a tyrannical regime. For the first time very Senior officials from both North and South Korea have met in South Korea to celebrate sport, discuss peace and realise that they aren’t that all different after all.

This thawing of relationships has hopefully postponed a nuclear war for a good while. This is a good thing?

The Vice President of the US arrives and acts like a spoilt child, refusing to clap the Korean team, or stand for their anthem. He just sits there with a frown on his face. The hypocrisy of not helping to stop mutually assured distraction is strong.

Why? Has America walked away from a peacemaker position in the world? They played this so well in the past, most recently in Northern Ireland.

Only Trump can solve the crisis on the Korean Peninsula by getting the missiles redirected on us.

Only Trump can turn a nuclear crisis that the world hasn’t had to think about seriously for awhile into the first time since 1958 a member of the ruling family stepped foot in South Korea.

Only Trump could awkwardly have the VP in the same box as said family member.

And only Trump could have said VP groveling for a meeting 24 hours afterward.

Never before has the US had its pants downs to this degree.

#MAGA

Aesma

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 am

Isn't Pence waiting for the end times or something stupid like that ? He's pissed it ain't happening after all.

vrbarreto

Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:06 am

Aesma wrote:
Isn't Pence waiting for the end times or something stupid like that ? He's pissed it ain't happening after all.

Yes actively working towards the Rapture...

bgm

Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:28 pm

Aesma wrote:
Isn't Pence waiting for the end times or something stupid like that ?

Trump's impeachment, the midterms, or the 2020 elections? Take your pick :duck:

cledaybuck

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:33 pm

BestWestern wrote:
The Vice President of the US arrives and acts like a spoilt child, refusing to clap the Korean team, or stand for their anthem.
Are you telling me he didn't stand for the anthem? Is this a way of protesting against something he doesn't believe in? I think we need to "get that son of a bitch out of the stadium right now!"

BestWestern
Topic Author

Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:09 pm

He didn’t stand for their anthem.

Why Wouldn’t Pence try and support a fragile peace on the Korean Peninsula rather than act all churlish? I really don’t get what’s going on in the US.

The US government have supported bringing about peace processes in ireland and Colombia with some real bad dudes. What’s wrong with Korea?

cledaybuck

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:58 pm

BestWestern wrote:

Why Wouldn’t Pence try and support a fragile peace on the Korean Peninsula rather than act all churlish? I really don’t get what’s going on in the US.
It's pretty simple. Our president is an idiot and doesn't understand international diplomacy.

einsteinboricua

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:21 pm

I love how the irony is lost on Trump supporters.

"We refuse to applaud a team from a government that mistreats its people and does not allow freedom of speech. Now stand up and applaud for ours or face the consequences."

jfklganyc

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:06 am

Just a dose of reality for this thread...

North Korea has concentration camps the size of US cities

They are starving their people

They kill at will

You may hate Trump. Never forget the above when you look at the smiling, pretty sister. She’d have you killed in a North Korean minute.

Dont ever let your political hatred allow you to normalize sharing a box with a ruthless regime.

In this case the enemy of your political enemy is still your enemy

777222LR

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:22 am

jfklganyc wrote:

They kill at will

You may hate Trump. Never forget the above when you look at the smiling, pretty sister. She’d have you killed in a North Korean minute.

Dont ever let your political hatred allow you to normalize sharing a box with a ruthless regime.

Ummm...no one is saying they like North Korea. We are simply stating we dislike Trump/Pence and the administration. Not liking your president and his administration does not equal supporting North Korea and their actions. No one thinks that the smiling/pretty sister has any bearing on how one views North Korea, much like how I don't care how smiley, pretty, and white her teeth are, Ivanka doesn't make me appreciate our president's administration.

Ken777

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:41 am

BestWestern wrote:

The US government have supported bringing about peace processes in ireland and Colombia with some real bad dudes. What’s wrong with Korea?

Of course he didn't stand, just like he didn't acknowledge the North's attendees with at least a nod of his head. While he can deliver comments for the faithful he does seem to have the brains of a flea. Of course he didn't have instructions from Trump so he simply didn't know what to do or say. He could have made history in a positive way with a nod, a smile and a brief handshake.

What's; going on in the US? Trump is going on in the US and we are far better off because of him. I believe that he really wants some military action (causing a bloody nose?) just like Bush had and has no knowledge or understanding of how fast his little strike can explode.

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:11 am

BestWestern wrote:

Yes, Pence is the most deplorable person for not standing and paying respect to a regime that starves and kills their own people...

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 am

777222LR wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

They kill at will

Ummm...no one is saying they like North Korea. We are simply stating we dislike Trump/Pence and the administration. Not liking your president and his administration does not equal supporting North Korea and their actions. No one thinks that the smiling/pretty sister has any bearing on how one views North Korea, much like how I don't care how smiley, pretty, and white her teeth are, Ivanka doesn't make me appreciate our president's administration.

But yet you're saying we should stand and support a regime who kills their own people and wants to turn our country into "jelly".... If Obama/Biden had done the same, the same people bashing Trump here, would guaranteed be praising it.

NIKV69

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:19 am

North Korea's ploy of Marching together and having a joint hockey team was ingenious. It also got the desired result by getting CNN to fawn over them and the Dictators sister who was sent there for the propaganda win which CNN fell for. This put Pence in a bad spot. It's a shame that we cave to this murderous loser every time. I just wish one day someone takes him out.

MaverickM11

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:30 am

jfklganyc wrote:

They kill at will

...but definitely bend over for Russia and our good friend Putin who is super kind to his critics. :roll:

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:41 am

MaverickM11 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

They kill at will

...but definitely bend over for Russia and our good friend Putin. :roll:

Good God, now we're getting into the Russian collusion thing. Btw, in the year and a half that the democrats have been wasting millions of our tax dollars trying to dig up dirt on Trump, there hasn't been any evidence that Trump colluded with Russia so far. Quite to the contrary, we now know that the dossier was a political scam paid for by none other than the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign. The only evidence of any collusion is the Hillary Clinton selling Russia tons of Uranium in exchange for bribes to her so called "foundation". I find it quite amusing that in attempting to find dirt on Trump, the only thing anyone has found, is dirt on Hillary and the DNC.

And btw, last time I checked, Putin hasn't killed thousand of his own people.

MaverickM11

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:59 am

ual763 wrote:
Good God, now we're getting into the Russian collusion thing.

Who said anything about collusion

ual763 wrote:
Btw, in the year and a half that the democrats have been wasting millions of our tax dollars trying to dig up dirt on Trump, there hasn't been any evidence that Trump colluded with Russia so far. Quite to the contrary, we now know that the dossier was a political scam paid for by none other than the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign. The only evidence of any collusion is the Hillary Clinton selling Russia tons of Uranium in exchange for bribes to her so called "foundation". I find it quite amusing that in attempting to find dirt on Trump, the only thing anyone has found, is dirt on Hillary and the DNC.

:liar: :liar: :liar: :liar: That's a whole lot'o'crazy in one paragraph
ual763 wrote:

Just journalists and critics and anyone that gets in his way,

MSPbrandon

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:09 am

ual763 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
jfklganyc wrote:

They kill at will

Good God, now we're getting into the Russian collusion thing. Btw, in the year and a half that the democrats have been wasting millions of our tax dollars trying to dig up dirt on Trump, there hasn't been any evidence that Trump colluded with Russia so far. Quite to the contrary, we now know that the dossier was a political scam paid for by none other than the DNC and the Hillary Clinton campaign. The only evidence of any collusion is the Hillary Clinton selling Russia tons of Uranium in exchange for bribes to her so called "foundation". I find it quite amusing that in attempting to find dirt on Trump, the only thing anyone has found, is dirt on Hillary and the DNC.

That's right, Putin only kills Journalists and Political Opponents, Annexes parts of other countries, and suppresses Liberty and Justice of the unforntunate Russian people.

Oh and btw, there is evidence of Trump's financial crimes, and that's what they can nail him on.

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
ual763 wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

That's right, Putin only kills Journalists and Political Opponents, Annexes parts of other countries, and suppresses Liberty and Justice of the unforntunate Russian people.

Oh and btw, there is evidence of Trump's financial crimes, and that's what they can nail him on.

Kind of like Hillary then.

Oh, and Financial crimes? Please elaborate

BestWestern
Topic Author

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:50 am

Oh God.

Yes, North Korea does terrible things. But why not try and bring about peace and change?

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
ual763 wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:

Money Laundering.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/17/57762420 ... laundering

The author here is quoting a book, that is known to contain many inaccuracies/lies. It's a work of fiction.

MSPbrandon

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 am

ual763 wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Money Laundering.

https://www.npr.org/2018/01/17/57762420 ... laundering

c933103

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:40 am

BestWestern wrote:

They all knows how to talk about it. They know that they are the same for decades. It was true at past and still true right now. What have happened have already taken that into account.

The event does not "thaw" the relationship. South Korea started softening their altitude on North Korea since the election of this new president which started last year. North Korea continue to act as it is but pleasantly surprised by the fact that they are welcomed even though they didn't change the way they're acting. US, China, Japan all continues to act the same way.

It depend on which of the following is more important: Is it more important to have a nuclear-free NE Asia, or is it more important to have peace?

c933103

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:46 am

BestWestern wrote:

It is simple-minded to think that supporting the fragile peace in Korea as of current moment would be helpful, unless you think it is okay for North Korea to obtain the nuclear strike capability. The position of North Korea is always simply that it is their right to develop their own missiles and nuclear weapons and officially they think it is those enemy countries acting bad in trying to stop them from developing weapons that can help defend themselves. That is the reason why all six countries are getting together to start sanctioning North Korea afterall. If you just let the situation pass then North Korea will complete their nuclear weapon and missile development.

c933103

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:55 am

NIKV69 wrote:
North Korea's ploy of Marching together and having a joint hockey team was ingenious. It also got the desired result by getting CNN to fawn over them and the Dictators sister who was sent there for the propaganda win which CNN fell for. This put Pence in a bad spot. It's a shame that we cave to this murderous loser every time. I just wish one day someone takes him out.

The idea did not come from North. It was the South Korea government's idea. They proposed it to IOC and invited the North to join. The current party that lead that South Korean government have always been sympathetic to North Korea. They are elected to control South Korea's government last year after the previous president from the opposing party was found to be acting as a puppet to some others that are related to a cult, alleged for deliberately producing accidents that kill hundreds of people for the purpose of cult ceremony, and suppressing celebrities that're trying to voice opposition against them before the situation become public.

c933103

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:03 am

BestWestern wrote:
Oh God.

Yes, North Korea does terrible things. But why not try and bring about peace and change?

South Korea have been adopting the "Sunshine policy" from 1998 to 2008. The current South Korea president want to continue that. As you might have noted, that decade of sunshine policy was not able to shift the behavior of North Korea government to a better direction.

bennett123

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:43 am

Our ally (South Korea) invited North Korea to this event.

Clearly they think engagement is the smart thing to do.

Besides do US politians only shake hands with nice people.

c933103

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:30 pm

bennett123 wrote:

Well, they clearly do think so, but US and other US allies (Japan) does not agree, and they were talking about conveying this message to South Korean president before the Olympic. But then South Korean government think otherwise so we get to see this.

cledaybuck

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:12 pm

ual763 wrote:
BestWestern wrote:

Yes, Pence is the most deplorable person for not standing and paying respect to a regime that starves and kills their own people...
But if you protest by not standing because the government (police) is killing people in the US...

cledaybuck

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:22 pm

c933103 wrote:
It depend on which of the following is more important: Is it more important to have a nuclear-free NE Asia, or is it more important to have peace?
Peace. Because at least that is somewhat realistic. North Korea has nuclear weapons and they are not giving them up. And why would they, seeing how the US acts towards nuclear powers vs. non nuclear powers?

c933103

Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:28 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
c933103 wrote:
Peace. Because at least that is somewhat realistic. North Korea has nuclear weapons and they are not giving them up. And why would they, seeing how the US acts towards nuclear powers vs. non nuclear powers?

Then you don't even need to deal with the issue. The entire reason why all countries including China and Russia are sanctioning and blockading North Korea and talk about them this much is simply because they're developing nuclear weapon. If this is acceptable then the entire situation would immediately become a non-issue.

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:21 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
ual763 wrote:
BestWestern wrote:

But if you protest by not standing because the government (police) is killing people in the US...

Yet, a large number of these thugs whose death was sensationalized by the media, and even Obama before we had any evidence of police wrong-doing, were almost all found to not be the fault of the police involved, with the exception of 1 or 2 (which btw, justice was served in those cases). For example, Trayvon Martin, who you all love to idolize as an innocent little kid killed too early by a ruthless police officer: 1.) He was not an innocent little kid. He was a gigantic man, and also was just pulled over for shoplifting - innocent little kid my ass. 2.) He assaulted the cop in his car and tried to steal the cop's weapon. 3.) His race-baiting friends told the media that Trayvon was running away with his hands up. 4.) This previous claim was proven false by another cell-phone recording/eyewitness account claiming Trayvon turned around and charged the police officer. 5.) This is what resulted in him being shot and killed. But, because it is en vogue to demonize our entire police force, you all think that we should not stand for our flag of freedom and that we should stand for North Korea's flag of merciless torture, starvation, and brutality.

cledaybuck

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:37 pm

c933103 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
c933103 wrote:

Then you don't even need to deal with the issue. The entire reason why all countries including China and Russia are sanctioning and blockading North Korea and talk about them this much is simply because they're developing nuclear weapon. If this is acceptable then the entire situation would immediately become a non-issue.
They have had nuclear weapons for over a decade now. The time to stop them has long since passed. Whether it is "acceptable" or not doesn't really matter because they have them, and it is hard to imagine any scenario in which they give them up.

c933103

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:13 pm

cledaybuck wrote:
c933103 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:

They have had nuclear weapons for over a decade now. The time to stop them has long since passed. Whether it is "acceptable" or not doesn't really matter because they have them, and it is hard to imagine any scenario in which they give them up.

There are still the ability to deploy and use them that they are developing. And I think an invasion is not unlikely to occur depend on situation.

cledaybuck

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:29 pm

c933103 wrote:
cledaybuck wrote:
c933103 wrote:

There are still the ability to deploy and use them that they are developing. And I think an invasion is not unlikely to occur depend on situation.
I am having trouble imagining a scenario in which an invasion goes well.

MaverickM11

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:56 pm

bennett123 wrote:

Besides do US politians only shake hands with nice people.

Speaking of Valentine's Day Image

Aesma

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 pm

My country has nuclear weapons, and I find it highly hypocritical that it's countries with them that are leading the charge against other countries getting them. We should not be included in the discussion at all, unless we give up ours first.

c933103

Thu Feb 15, 2018 4:25 am

Aesma wrote:
My country has nuclear weapons, and I find it highly hypocritical that it's countries with them that are leading the charge against other countries getting them. We should not be included in the discussion at all, unless we give up ours first.

On the other hand it's those countries that are powerful enough to stop their spread