Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dutchy
Topic Author

Karma is a bitch.....

Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:05 pm

New information has come in that the man mauled to death by lions on a game reserve close to Hoedspruit is believed to be a poacher and not a farm worker.

The incident occurred on Friday, February 9. The half-eaten lifeless body of a man was recovered on Ingwelala reserve. Initial reports suggested that the man was a farm worker.

However, Limpopo Police spokesperson, Maotshe Ngoepe, says the farm worker who was believed to have been killed was subsequently found alive. As per the original report, the tractor he was driving did indeed break down but he managed to walk to the compound safely.

https://letabaherald.co.za/49334/update ... akes-turn/

Karma is a bitch.....

What are your "karma" moments?

casinterest

Re: Karma is a bitch.....

Mon Feb 12, 2018 8:07 pm

This one is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8dkDWrFaQ

Pellegrine

Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:11 am

Dutchy wrote:
New information has come in that the man mauled to death by lions on a game reserve close to Hoedspruit is believed to be a poacher and not a farm worker.

The incident occurred on Friday, February 9. The half-eaten lifeless body of a man was recovered on Ingwelala reserve. Initial reports suggested that the man was a farm worker.

However, Limpopo Police spokesperson, Maotshe Ngoepe, says the farm worker who was believed to have been killed was subsequently found alive. As per the original report, the tractor he was driving did indeed break down but he managed to walk to the compound safely.

Karma is a bitch.....

Worked for some asshole who didn't pay me what I was due. I had access to his whole small business email, including all the employees he was skimming (which was all of the employees). Send them all an email on my way out the door and informed the US EEOC, local government, local employment office, and IRS. Sued his ass. Got my money. Don't know what happened with everyone else, but I got mine.

His business closed ~2 years after my email and subsequent lawsuit.

I'm the bitch not to fuck with.

TWA772LR

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:06 pm

My old supervisor gave us a city code test one day and decided to throw everyone off by adding FRU (Bishkek, in lieu of everyone thinking Frankfurt). Everyone including myself got it wrong, but when the answers were revealed I at least knew of Bishkek and that it is the capital of Kyrgyzstan. When she told us all about the reason she put that on the quiz was to throw us off and make us study (she was totally on her high horse), I immediately challenged her in front of everyone and asked her what country is Bishkek in. All I got was a stammering "um... um... um...", then informed her thusly.

787Driver

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:18 pm

Pellegrine wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Karma is a bitch.....

Worked for some asshole who didn't pay me what I was due. I had access to his whole small business email, including all the employees he was skimming (which was all of the employees). Send them all an email on my way out the door and informed the US EEOC, local government, local employment office, and IRS. Sued his ass. Got my money. Don't know what happened with everyone else, but I got mine.

I understand your frustration and I don't know any of you in person but it sounds like you went overboard. I would have settled with suing him maybe together with my colleagues, but no need to roast him like that. Maybe it was difficult for him to make ends meet as a small business.

bagoldex

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:41 pm

787Driver wrote:
Maybe it was difficult for him to make ends meet as a small business.

Every company struggles at some point or another but there's never an excuse to steal from employees.

LittleFokker

Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:57 pm

787Driver wrote:
I understand your frustration and I don't know any of you in person but it sounds like you went overboard. I would have settled with suing him maybe together with my colleagues, but no need to roast him like that. Maybe it was difficult for him to make ends meet as a small business.

If you cannot operate a business ethically, you don't deserve to be in business. If you stiff people out of bills or steal in some way, you deserve to be shut down and taken to the cleaners.

It's just a shame that in America, that rule only applies to small businesses and not large ones.

787Driver

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:11 pm

I’m not defending the business owner hence why I think it’s justified to sue him but the rest seems a bit childish in my opinion.

Super80Fan

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:17 pm

casinterest wrote:
This one is one of my favorites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uE8dkDWrFaQ

That's fantastic.

bagoldex

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:18 pm

787Driver wrote:
I’m not defending the business owner hence why I think it’s justified to sue him but the rest seems a bit childish in my opinion.

His name and face should have been plastered on a billboard so as to prevent anyone else from being ripped off. A person like that deserves to have their life and livelihood ruined.

787Driver

Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:36 pm

bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:

His name and face should have been plastered on a billboard so as to prevent anyone else from being ripped off. A person like that deserves to have their life and livelihood ruined.

Not in a civilized society. Why don’t you move to somewhere where self justice is the norm? I’m sure it’s a great place to live :-)

bagoldex

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:05 pm

787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:

Not in a civilized society. Why don’t you move to somewhere where self justice is the norm? I’m sure it’s a great place to live :-)

I split my time between London, San Francisco and Miami. Fabulous!

bennett123

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:14 pm

Pity that the staff also lost their livelihoods.

787Driver

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:54 pm

bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Ok I was thinking you might like places like Syria, Afghanistan and the like based on what you wrote...

seb146

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:03 am

787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:

I am part of a class action law suit against a former employer. It has been going for about five years. It is expected to be settled in another two or three years. If we are lucky. Why not save a few steps and a few years? Besides, some of us do not have a corporate attorney on permanent retainer.

bagoldex

Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:46 am

787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:

Ok I was thinking you might like places like Syria, Afghanistan and the like based on what you wrote...

Lol, nope. Enjoy driving that bus, piker.

Tugger

Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:38 am

I'm kinda likin' this one: https://youtu.be/E14CpfUJXvU?t=246

Tugg

tommy1808

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:46 am

787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:

Not in a civilized society.

i am pretty sure most registered sex offenders agree with you full heatedly. They have to life in such a society for sometimes as little as sending a nude selfie of themselves .....

Why don’t you move to somewhere where self justice is the norm? I’m sure it’s a great place to live :-)

Since when is speaking out facts to make them publicly known "self justice"? It is a good idea to live your life in a way that what ever you do won´t be embarrassing if whatever you do or say makes it on the front page of a newspaper.

best regards
Thomas

787Driver

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am

bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Lol, nope. Enjoy driving that bus, piker.

Lol, when you run out of good arguments and your insecurity is revealed...

And thanks, that's just my hobby though (which I do enjoy very much!)
Last edited by 787Driver on Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:15 am, edited 3 times in total.

787Driver

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:05 am

tommy1808 wrote:
787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Not in a civilized society.

i am pretty sure most registered sex offenders agree with you full heatedly. They have to life in such a society for sometimes as little as sending a nude selfie of themselves .....

Why don’t you move to somewhere where self justice is the norm? I’m sure it’s a great place to live :-)

Since when is speaking out facts to make them publicly known "self justice"? It is a good idea to live your life in a way that what ever you do won´t be embarrassing if whatever you do or say makes it on the front page of a newspaper.

best regards
Thomas

What he wrote there would be illegal action in the country I'm from. But good luck to you as well.

Also worrying how so many here choose to believe everything from an anonymous user at face value without knowing the story from the other involved part.

Agree with your life philosophy though, but that is unrelated to what I was discussing :-)

tommy1808

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:00 am

787Driver wrote:
What he wrote there would be illegal action in the country I'm from. But good luck to you as well.

unmasking criminals is illegal in your county? My work-contract also says i can not make any internal information public, and i signed it, but those words are null and void when it comes to criminal activities.

Also worrying how so many here choose to believe everything from an anonymous user at face value without knowing the story from the other involved part.

on the internet there isn´t much in the way of deciding which personal story you can take at face value or not. I would however assume that if he did commit a crime, or even got payback in the way of a civil suit, he wouldn´t be touting around his story like that. Could be completely made up of course, but, at least for the sake of the argument, it doesn´t make much sense to not assume the story to be true.

Agree with your life philosophy though, but that is unrelated to what I was discussing :-)

Good, to few people seem to do.

best regards
Thomas

787Driver

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:10 am

tommy1808 wrote:
787Driver wrote:

unmasking criminals is illegal in your county? My work-contract also says i can not make any internal information public, and i signed it, but those words are null and void when it comes to criminal activities.

on the internet there isn´t much in the way of deciding which personal story you can take at face value or not. I would however assume that if he did commit a crime, or even got payback in the way of a civil suit, he wouldn´t be touting around his story like that. Could be completely made up of course, but, at least for the sake of the argument, it doesn´t make much sense to not assume the story to be true.

best regards
Thomas

Yes unmasking criminals may be illegal in my country. Depending on the method.

bagoldex

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 am

787Driver wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
787Driver wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Nambia?

787Driver

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 am

bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Nambia?

I doubt that’s even a country ;-)

bagoldex

Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:35 am

787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:

Nambia?

It's not. It was a joke, like the country you actually live in, wherever that is.

787Driver

Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:02 am

bagoldex wrote:
787Driver wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Nambia?

It's not. It was a joke, like the country you actually live in, wherever that is.

ha-ha

Pellegrine

Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:06 am

787Driver wrote:
Pellegrine wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Karma is a bitch.....

I understand why you say that, but the thing is.... When you get involved with civil legal matters, lawyers, paperwork flying back and forth, mediation, depositions, settlements, going to trial...there's a lot you can't stop once you get the ball rolling. And I sent demand letters through my lawyer, sent cease and desists...since he was running his mouth falsely about me. And I also have resources, and I feel like I have to stand up for the smaller guy who doesn't have them.

When it all hit the fan during my exit, that guy tried to through me under the bus legally. He called the police on me, sent to the police to my residence, falsely claimed to the police that I disrupted his operations, which wasn't true until I was actually fired (I didn't just quit...I was fired unjustly). And when he fired me, he was the nastiest person on the planet. I pride myself on working hard, I have never been fired from any job except for that crook's business.

What makes me incensed is when you work your ass off for someone, and they don't pay you what you are owed, and they fire you unjustly for bringing their malfeasance up.

Ultimately, you can say it's childish, petty, whatever. You (anyone) can call me any types of names, but when you mess with my money, my friends money...I have a problem.

I had quite a few people to tell me, "just move on". I don't think so when someone screws me. I don't work for free. I've worked hard all my life for the amazing life I have now. And you're not going to think I'll ever roll over, especially in my own neighborhood and locale. Never as long as I'm walking this earth.