jetero
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:42 pm

aviationaware wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Just about every statement above is incorrect


It's all a 100% correct and backed by fact. I left out the guesswork deliberately so it's unassailable. You are welcome to try to take it apart bit by bit though - a broad stroke passing it off as incorrect is too cheap even for leftist standards.


Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Do they teach you this rhetorical strategy at Camp Hannity?
 
aviationaware
Posts: 1827
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 pm

I have literally never watched Hannity's show, but your getting personal pretty much proves my point.
 
salttee
Posts: 2340
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:02 pm

Consider yourself dismissed.
 
jetero
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:09 pm

aviationaware wrote:
I have literally never watched Hannity's show, but your getting personal pretty much proves my point.


Happy to help!

(Let me know where I can send flowers for your extreme distress. Your proclivity for willful ignorance at best or deliberate mendacity, or a destructive combination thereof, is pretty personal to me.)
 
aviationaware
Posts: 1827
Joined: Mon May 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:35 pm

Love you two, you remind me of the livid freaks I watch every day on CNN. They haven't had a good day in over a year - always negative and outraged. Missing all the positive things happening in the country. A truly remarkably sad story.
 
jetero
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:57 pm

aviationaware wrote:
Love you two, you remind me of the livid freaks I watch every day on CNN. They haven't had a good day in over a year - always negative and outraged. Missing all the positive things happening in the country. A truly remarkably sad story.


Well aviationaware you have a choice not to watch those “livid freaks” and turn it on to Easy Listening Hannity, where you’ll get that Smooth Jazz of things never being better!

Oh wait. All Hannity can talk about is how things haven’t ever been so bad. (Kind of like you did several posts up ... you’re so “disturbed.”)

Let me use some Republican logic ...

If things are so good, how could they be this bad?

So remarkably sad.

Since I’m using Republican logic I need to add:

P.S. All of the above are facts and are indisputable. It proves everything.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3159
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:12 am

The best thing about all of this is how all the people who previously loved the deep-state (Patriot Act, Warentless Wiretapping etc) suddenly get awoken to the negative consequences of those pieces of legislation. :lol:

Making an enemy out of the FBI doesn't seem like too smarter idea.

Catching Trump in a lie is like catching a raindrop with a bucket in a South East Asian monsoon. Unless he really does have a clean record, Trump's days are numbered. Mueller has been looking through his bank records. It's of course natural for his supporters to do what they can to try and make it look like a stitch up.

Francoflier wrote:
Oh, and let's conveniently forget the fact that Page had been under surveillance for several Months by that stage and has had many contacts with Russian oligarchs and people close to or within the Putin circle and has been a vocal pro-Russian advocate since he started working for Big Russian businesses and lived in Moscow for a few years...
:scratchchin:


Indeed. Trump supporters are in denial, but Page was being spied on by long before he joined the Trump campaign. His links to Russia were hardly a secret. Why did Trump decide to hire him?
Most recent planes I've been in: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, B737-600 LN-RPA, B737-700 OY-JTY, B737-800 LN-NGA, B767-300 ZK-NCI, B777-300 ZK-OKN, B787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG
 
seb146
Posts: 16691
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:38 pm

There is also the FISA courts involved with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ance_Court

They spy on foreign entities. If an American happens to be doing business against the United States while the FISA warrant is active, why is that a bad thing?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
jetero
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:49 pm

seb146 wrote:
There is also the FISA courts involved with this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_St ... ance_Court

They spy on foreign entities. If an American happens to be doing business against the United States while the FISA warrant is active, why is that a bad thing?


Because, obviously, it’s an ASSAULT on civil liberties ... just ask AA.
 
User avatar
777222LR
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:20 pm

zkojq wrote:
The best thing about all of this is how all the people who previously loved the deep-state (Patriot Act, Warentless Wiretapping etc) suddenly get awoken to the negative consequences of those pieces of legislation. :lol:

Making an enemy out of the FBI doesn't seem like too smarter idea.

Catching Trump in a lie is like catching a raindrop with a bucket in a South East Asian monsoon. Unless he really does have a clean record, Trump's days are numbered. Mueller has been looking through his bank records. It's of course natural for his supporters to do what they can to try and make it look like a stitch up.

Francoflier wrote:
Oh, and let's conveniently forget the fact that Page had been under surveillance for several Months by that stage and has had many contacts with Russian oligarchs and people close to or within the Putin circle and has been a vocal pro-Russian advocate since he started working for Big Russian businesses and lived in Moscow for a few years...
:scratchchin:


Indeed. Trump supporters are in denial, but Page was being spied on by long before he joined the Trump campaign. His links to Russia were hardly a secret. Why did Trump decide to hire him?



Let's remember too, that Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn, before Trump was in office. What did Trump do? He hired Flynn.
 
jetero
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:30 pm

777222LR wrote:
zkojq wrote:
The best thing about all of this is how all the people who previously loved the deep-state (Patriot Act, Warentless Wiretapping etc) suddenly get awoken to the negative consequences of those pieces of legislation. :lol:

Making an enemy out of the FBI doesn't seem like too smarter idea.

Catching Trump in a lie is like catching a raindrop with a bucket in a South East Asian monsoon. Unless he really does have a clean record, Trump's days are numbered. Mueller has been looking through his bank records. It's of course natural for his supporters to do what they can to try and make it look like a stitch up.

Francoflier wrote:
Oh, and let's conveniently forget the fact that Page had been under surveillance for several Months by that stage and has had many contacts with Russian oligarchs and people close to or within the Putin circle and has been a vocal pro-Russian advocate since he started working for Big Russian businesses and lived in Moscow for a few years...
:scratchchin:


Indeed. Trump supporters are in denial, but Page was being spied on by long before he joined the Trump campaign. His links to Russia were hardly a secret. Why did Trump decide to hire him?



Let's remember too, that Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn, before Trump was in office. What did Trump do? He hired Flynn.


FAKE NEWS! Obama and Hillary colluded against the best president ever (nevermind how ineffective, and they had the whole FBI on their side.) We’ve never been so unsafe!!!!!
 
User avatar
777222LR
Posts: 242
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:19 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:35 pm

jetero wrote:
777222LR wrote:
zkojq wrote:
The best thing about all of this is how all the people who previously loved the deep-state (Patriot Act, Warentless Wiretapping etc) suddenly get awoken to the negative consequences of those pieces of legislation. :lol:

Making an enemy out of the FBI doesn't seem like too smarter idea.

Catching Trump in a lie is like catching a raindrop with a bucket in a South East Asian monsoon. Unless he really does have a clean record, Trump's days are numbered. Mueller has been looking through his bank records. It's of course natural for his supporters to do what they can to try and make it look like a stitch up.



Indeed. Trump supporters are in denial, but Page was being spied on by long before he joined the Trump campaign. His links to Russia were hardly a secret. Why did Trump decide to hire him?



Let's remember too, that Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn, before Trump was in office. What did Trump do? He hired Flynn.


FAKE NEWS! Obama and Hillary colluded against the best president ever (nevermind how ineffective, and they had the whole FBI on their side.) We’ve never been so unsafe!!!!!



Oh honey, this is not fake news. "Fake news" is something Trumpians shout when they don't have facts to back them up. You need to read up. This actually happened. Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn. Trump is a lost cause. He's not making American great. This year has done nothing but provide internal instability, at his doing.
 
salttee
Posts: 2340
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:11 pm

jetero was posting satire.

This is proof once more that satire usually doesn't work in internet forums unless you label it as satire and that kinda sucks all the satire out of it.
 
jetero
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:32 pm

salttee wrote:
jetero was posting satire.

This is proof once more that satire usually doesn't work in internet forums unless you label it as satire and that kinda sucks all the satire out of it.


Thanks for that :bigthumbsup:
 
Mir
Posts: 19462
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:55 pm

aviationaware wrote:
This is worse than Watergate really when you take into account the intent behind the abuse.


Only in Trumpland could a legally obtained warrant to conduct surveillance on a person suspected of being a foreign agent (in other words, exactly the sort of thing that our law enforcement should be doing) be considered worse than illegally wiretapping a political opponent. It's laughable, really.

aviationaware wrote:
First, before the release, it was played up by the Democrats and their media flunkies as a national security risk. Now that everyone has read it and it's more than clear that it isn't remotely one, they have turned the tables and are trying to pass it off as a nothingburger.


The two are not mutually exclusive. It could be a national security risk because of the information it contained and still have that information reveal no improper action. It should be pointed out that it was not just the Democrats that said it was a national security risk, but also the Director of the FBI and the Assistant Attorney General. At the very least, this has exposed that Carter Page was being surveilled. One might say that he should have known this anyway, but it remains true that alerting the subject of surveillance to that surveillance is considered a bad thing to do when one is trying to run an investigation.

aviationaware wrote:
They said it contained sources and methods that couldn't be released. They were lying.


One does not have to specifically name sources or methods to reveal sources or methods. Sometimes simply stating that you know something is enough for a foreign power to figure out where that information was obtained. While the memo does not on its face seem to reveal anything important, we don't know whether sources or other investigations were compromised as a result (other than Page's surveillance, of course).

aviationaware wrote:
They said it was materially altered. It was not.


In order for you to say this, you would have to be privy to the original memo to know what alterations were made. You aren't privy to that information, so this statement is completely and utterly unsubstantiated.

aviationaware wrote:
Hillary Clinton colluded with the DNC to rig the primaries in her favor.


This did not happen.

aviationaware wrote:
I have zero difficulty believing that she would also try to rig the general election in her favor with illicit practices and influence peddling.


If she were trying to use the FBI to rig the election, why would the FBI publicly reveal that they were reopening the investigation into her emails in late October? That makes absolutely zero sense. And it wasn't some rogue agent in the FBI who put that information out, it was Comey, the same Comey who the Cult of Orange claim was crooked. That claim is absolutely laughable.

The FBI is well-known to be professional, but also to have a conservative bias. There is no way that a scheme to fix an election for a Democrat could be kept secret. Yet we have no evidence of it. It's time to let that argument go. It it meritless.

aviationaware wrote:
6 senior officials at the DOJ and FBI were fired (including deputy director McCabe) or reassigned based on the facts from the memo.


Name them. Comey doesn't count, because we know Trump fired him because he wouldn't let the Russia investigation go (Trump said so himself). And you can't count McCabe, because you don't know why he was forced out.

aviationaware wrote:
Over the past year, zero evidence has come up that would support or even prove a Trump-Russia collusion narrative.


Publicly, yes. But that doesn't mean it doesn't exist and is being kept close to the vest by Mueller and his team.

aviationaware wrote:
Meanwhile, in the same timeframe, tons of evidence on Clinton-DOJ/FBI collusion has come out, especially over the past month with the Strzok scandal.


There is no Strzok scandal. His text messages reveal little more than a guy who is into politics who wasn't particularly thrilled with either Trump or Clinton (or Sanders, for that matter). That puts him in the company of most of the country. Strzok also supported the reopening of the investigation into Clinton's emails, so if was was trying to help her he was going about it in a very weird way.

aviationaware wrote:
The FISA warrant against the Trump campaign was obtained by presenting raw, uncorroborated intelligence to the court.


Not true. It had been at least partially corroborated. This is according to the memo.

aviationaware wrote:
McCabe did in fact testify under oath that there would not have been a FISA warrant if not for the dossier. It was recorded. The democrats on the HPSCI, lead by leaker-in-chief Rep. Schiff, deny this


That would be a material alteration, would it not? :scratchchin:

aviationaware wrote:
This means that the FBI under McCabe/Comey presented information that they knew was false to a federal court. Not only is that a disgrace, it's also a crime.


There is nothing in the memo to substantiate that. In the very best case for Nunes, the memo accuses the DOJ and FBI of presenting information to the FISA court that, despite being partially corroborated, nevertheless came from a supposedly biased source because they failed to disclose that the DNC was paying for it. As mentioned earlier, that would not be enough to stop the warrant from being issued (and multiple people are claiming the court was told), but let's dig a little deeper into those claims anyway. The memo never in fact states that the DOJ and FBI knew the DNC was paying for the memo. All the memo says is that the FBI knew the "political origins" of the Steele dossier. That's a marvelously non-specific term that could just as easily mean "a political research and consultancy firm" (which Fusion GPS is) as it could "the DNC". Later on it claims that the DOJ knew that "political actors were involved", but this too is remarkably non-specific, and could even refer to John McCain, who passed the dossier to the FBI. In a memo trying to tie the DNC to the Steele dossier, one would think that if there was evidence the FBI and DOJ knew the DNC was behind it, the memo would say so. But it doesn't. The memo also suggests that Steele should not have been used as a source because he lied to the FBI, but immediately afterward admits that Steele concealed his contacts from the FBI, so the FBI would have no reason not to use him as a source based on what they knew at the time. There is absolutely nothing incriminating there.

I get that you want to tear down the law enforcement system of the country to protect Donald Trump, but that's how authoritarian regimes do things, not free and democratic governments. Even Representative Gowdy thinks that there would be a Russia investigation without the dossier, and he's certainly no fan of Clinton. It's time to come back to reality and admit that if this memo is the best offense that the Republicans can mount against law enforcement, their argument is very weak indeed.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
jetero
Posts: 2837
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:01 pm

[quote=“Mir”]

aviationaware wrote:
They said it was materially altered. It was not.


In order for you to say this, you would have to be privy to the original memo to know what alterations were made. You aren't privy to that information, so this statement is completely and utterly unsubstantiated.[/quote]

Mir you did a great job at trying to reason with someone whose head is obviously 2 feet underground.

But at the end of the day it comes back to this for me, as you pointed out.

How in the hell can people be so selectively certain?

Do I think Trump actively “colluded” with Russia?

No. Because I think he’s inept.

He’s so damned inept that it is acknowledged that his son met with Russians for “dirt” on Hillary.

There are also plenty of other examples of the Keystone Kops at work here, and there will be plenty more, I have no doubt.

Do I think he’s a criminal?

Hell yes I do.

What I am reasonably certain of (and I’ll put an aviationaware stamp of approval on it by saying that “all of the above are facts and are indisputable) is that Trump is a fraud. There are millions of dollars running through his sh*t-for-nothing company for no other purpose than laundering money, with Russia the #1 client.

What is sad is that half of the country bought his shilling. Not only did they buy it but they’ve gone all in.

P.S. All of the above are facts and are indisputable.
 
seb146
Posts: 16691
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:25 am

It seems Republicans do not care about the security of the nation. I mean, they outed a CIA operative because reasons, they demanded every letter Hillary had in her emails not be redacted, and, now, they do not want anything removed or redacted because reasons. I guess as long as they can say they are winning they battle, they don't care if we lose the war.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4411
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:11 am

The funniest part of this is that Nunez is going after a system that was designed and setup by Republicans. He himself fought in the house to renew its warrant just a few weeks ago. The FISA court was created mostly by Republicans and filled mostly with Republicans, as 80% of its judges were designated by Republicans...

He is now arguing that these very judges would not only be biased against Trump in some sort of massive conspiracy, but also incompetent and/or unprincipled enough that they would authorize surveillance warrants without corroborating the information presented to them.

Nunez doesn't seem to contest the first few times FISA accorded surveillance warrants against Page, before he started having a role in the Trump campaign... Does that mean he tacitly agrees that it spying on Page was justified until after he stopped working for the Trump campaign for whatever reason? Or is he implying that Page's surveillance was never warranted despite the several FISA warrants issued by essentially a Republican construct before Trump was even a candidate?

The whole thing makes no sense. America entered bizarro World the moment Trump was elected, but this is further down the crazy tunnel than I ever expected we'd go.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7727
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:45 am

apodino wrote:
We don't know if the memo is bullshit or not. Some people are saying it is, and others are not. Until all the facts come out, lets refrain from drawing any conclusions on this.


Yeah, we can all remember the "Lock her up, once we know all the facts needed to draw conclusions in case she turns out to be guilty of anything". shouts at Trump ralley´s.

Fun how Republicans suddenly can remember "innocent until proven guilty" when it suits....

best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5380
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:53 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Fun how Republicans suddenly can remember "innocent until proven guilty" when it suits....


It's not surprising. Conservatives rather care about their tribal society, about social cohesion. Keine Krähe pickt der anderen eine Auge aus. That's why they are against abortion, because that empowers women and endangers traditional family structures. Their foremost plight is to reinforce and defend their society.

Liberals, on the other hand, more eagerly turn against themselves (e.g. the still simmering fights of the Bernie crowd vs. the Hillary crowd), because they weigh logical and rational thought much more. It's also no wonder Republican presidencies had much more crooks than Democrats.

While Clinton feared backlash so much that he only pardoned his millionaire friend, Marc Rich, and his half-brother, Roger Clinton, only in his last day in office, Trump readily pardoned his campaign speaker Joe Arpaio...


David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3159
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:39 pm

777222LR wrote:
Let's remember too, that Obama warned Trump not to hire Flynn, before Trump was in office. What did Trump do? He hired Flynn.


For sure. The mental gymnastics for how they justify that "Flynn was Obama's guy - his responsibility" are always entertaining.

Mir wrote:
Only in Trumpland could a legally obtained warrant to conduct surveillance on a person suspected of being a foreign agent (in other words, exactly the sort of thing that our law enforcement should be doing) be considered worse than illegally wiretapping a political opponent. It's laughable, really.


Its not even that; remember how he publicly called on a foreign government to use their intelligence agency to hack his political opponent.

Mir wrote:
Strzok also supported the reopening of the investigation into Clinton's emails, so if was was trying to help her he was going about it in a very weird way.


An important fact that often seems to be overlooked. Claims that he was trying to hurt Trump in Clinton's favour hold no water.
Most recent planes I've been in: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, B737-600 LN-RPA, B737-700 OY-JTY, B737-800 LN-NGA, B767-300 ZK-NCI, B777-300 ZK-OKN, B787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 11178
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:05 am

The Democratic Memo is now on the way to tRumps desk, let us see how he handles this one. Would he dare to not declassify it after a unanimous vote of the committee to release it?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4411
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:46 am

The democrats should have done nothing at all and let this memo fizzle and be forgotten like the ridiculous partisan propaganda stunt it is rather than stoop down to that level of stupidity.

Their memo won't hold any more water than Nunez, even if it said the truth.
The House and Senate investigations have devolved into partisan fights with one side fighting tooth and nail to protect the president and the other trying to get anything past them.

It's all about misrepresentation, amplification and confusion.

Let Mueller do his job and come up with the truth. I'll wait, it'll be worth it...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6353
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:49 am

Francoflier wrote:
The democrats should have done nothing at all and let this memo fizzle and be forgotten like the ridiculous partisan propaganda stunt it is rather than stoop down to that level of stupidity.

Their memo won't hold any more water than Nunez, even if it said the truth.
The House and Senate investigations have devolved into partisan fights with one side fighting tooth and nail to protect the president and the other trying to get anything past them.

It's all about misrepresentation, amplification and confusion.

Let Mueller do his job and come up with the truth. I'll wait, it'll be worth it...


The problem is that Mueller is not being allowed to do his job by the Trump administration. the memo, with as little as it contains, should serve as an answer ot this political charade. Perhaps it will end there. Perhaps not. Most likely Not. However there are serious issues with how the President belittles those that have chosen to serve this country as members of the needed parts of checks and balances in the constitution.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4411
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:01 am

casinterest wrote:
The problem is that Mueller is not being allowed to do his job by the Trump administration. the memo, with as little as it contains, should serve as an answer ot this political charade. Perhaps it will end there. Perhaps not. Most likely Not. However there are serious issues with how the President belittles those that have chosen to serve this country as members of the needed parts of checks and balances in the constitution.


Mueller is doing his job. So far there is nothing impeding him. Yes, Trump and his sbires in the party are trying their darndest to stop him, but so far the checks and balances are working... just.

The memo's only goal is obviously to try to discredit the investigation and pushing a conspiracy theory, but only to his loyal base. Those with a sense of reason and half a brain will see through the charade, and they still constitute the majority of the country.

The Democrats releasing a memo will do nothing to change the mind of the great brainwashed with the MAGA hats, as it might as well come from the devil himself. On the other hand, it will only prompt more Whataboutism from Trump and his crowd who will no doubt point that the Democrat's memo will hold no more value than his own which they harshly decried.
They would be fighting a ridiculous and blatant attempt at propaganda and obstruction of justice with more partisan propaganda, effectively.

Trump knows he cannot fire Mueller. To anyone who has even loosely followed the Trump-Russia affair since day one, there is ample circumstantial evidence of collusion and obstruction to justify the probe. Elected Republicans are fighting for Trump at the expense of every possible value they were elected to protect because they are all facing re-election which campaigns are financed by Corporations and wealthy individuals who profit immensely from Trump's tax cuts and deregulation. But, funny enough, every Republican who isn't pursuing re-election suddenly seems to change their tune and find their moral fiber again... :scratchchin:

At the end of the day, the GOP might hold both houses, but I don't think Trump has enough die-hard spineless loyalists who'd sell their mothers for a vote and wipe their asses with the constitution for the sake of their political career like Nunez and Ryan to pull off a Saturday night Massacre successfully...

...But God knows he wants to.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
Eyad89
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:33 am

Francoflier wrote:

To anyone who has even loosely followed the Trump-Russia affair since day one, there is ample circumstantial evidence of collusion and obstruction to justify the probe.



To me, the strongest evidence is how Trump reacts to anything related to the investigation, It's like he can't hide it. I mean, just look at his tweets a few minutes after the memo was released. I don't really get how his loyalists can't see through that. He didn't just look desperate, he looked like a fool exposing himself in that way.
 
seb146
Posts: 16691
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:48 pm

The font size in the footnote of the FISA warrant was too small for Republicans to include or read or anything...

http://addictinginfo.com/2018/02/06/nun ... too-small/
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4411
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:55 am

Well, fancy that...

The Great Orange One has refused to release the Democrats' memo:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-43012430

Color me shocked.

I don't suppose he liked what he read much... We wouldn't want to hurt his fragile ego now, would we? It's much better to just close our eyes on the fact that the US is presided by a de facto African despot with dictatorial tendencies who randomly attacks the opposition, the media, anybody who dares speak up against him and just about every national institution.

Let's just throw him a parade with the big tanks and the planes, that'll please his highness I'm sure and take his mind off the general chaos that perpetually seems to follow him.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
ltbewr
Posts: 13297
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:50 am

That President Trump won't allow the release of the Democrat's memo at this time doesn't mean it is all political and to save his sorry butt. It is possible that clear and unbiased persons in the Justice Dept. may want to review and limit declassification of some of their points/counterpoints for sound security reasons as well as prevent damage to current investigations.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 5516
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:01 pm

ltbewr wrote:
That President Trump won't allow the release of the Democrat's memo at this time doesn't mean it is all political and to save his sorry butt. It is possible that clear and unbiased persons in the Justice Dept. may want to review and limit declassification of some of their points/counterpoints for sound security reasons as well as prevent damage to current investigations.


Sure, possible, but Trump has all the appearances against him.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4044
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:22 pm

Didn't the FBI and DOJ warn against releasing the Republican memo? But Trump released it anyway. Now the FBI say the same thing and the Democratic memo gets blocked. Sounds to me he doesn't want the truth to come out.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5380
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Trump Declassifies the Nunes"Memo"

Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:08 pm

I wish the House committee would unanimously agree to leak that memo.


David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: citrusrsw, EverUnited, Skyblue39 and 66 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos