User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Sun Jan 21, 2018 4:24 am

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-econ ... uts-trade/

Not so hot for tRrumps claims about the economy according to this news piece. Look at the approval scores in the article. Not so hot either.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:17 am

Just wait until this time next year, when the health of the US economy will be even better!

The social "agenda" of the Progressive Left is going to be swallowed by a prosperous America.

When the little people have good jobs and make good money, they won't give a F what the Eastern Establishment wonks have to say...
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:19 am

stratosphere wrote:
Obama pulling out of Iraq helped form ISIS in my opinion


Your opinion is based on the false assumption that Obama withdrew from Iraq. The agreement with the Iraqi government regarding withdrawal was signed by Bush Jr., Obama did slow down withdrawal as much as Iraq allowed. Violating that agreement would mean a new war and the power to declare war lies with congress, right?

Best regards
Thomas
This signature is a safe place.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4320
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:01 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Just wait until this time next year, when the health of the US economy will be even better!

The social "agenda" of the Progressive Left is going to be swallowed by a prosperous America.

When the little people have good jobs and make good money, they won't give a F what the Eastern Establishment wonks have to say...


I know It would be a better use of my time talking to a wall, but I would honestly really love to have an insight into how you think the economy works...
How exactly do you manage to broadly tie the economic health and wealth of 'the little people' to the overall economy?
The economy has been doing nothing but improving since the GFC, yet the wealth gap between the higher and lower classes has done nothing but increase. Unemployment has been at a record low for a while now, yet low-end jobs do not seem to be rewarded any better than they were, and the moment they are, inflationary pressures will ensure that the gap remains exactly as it is, or worse.

The divide between the workers who can make a comfortable living and those who can't (on comparable amount of labour), is not affected by the overall state of the economy.

All Trump has done is taken money from the economy and given it to corporation, claiming the old fallacy that helping businesses make more money will benefit the entire population down to the lower strata of it, when in retrospect this has never worked and effectively never will.

Businesses exist for the sole purpose of making money, The fact that they hire people to generate this profit is just an unwelcome necessity, not something they seek to do if they can avoid it. Now, this is fine, the system is based on that paradigm. The problem is that the recent fiscal measures only allow these businesses to make more money, and they then have to decide how to redirect this windfall.
Whereas you might be of the undying faith, advocated by your apparently quasi-religious leaders, that they will redirect most of that towards existing and new employees, the fact is most of it will be used to consolidate the economic basis of the business and to reward its investors before any of it is used for a possible expansion. And when that expansion indeed does happen, none of these businesses would still rather hire a human being over a machine if they can, and is they do have to hire a human, they will still seek to pay as little as possible for him/her.
All in all, what you're essentially doing is diverting money from the country as a whole (debt) and giving it to the top earning tier of the population in hope that a tiny fraction of it will distill down to the majority of Americans who form the middle, lower-middle and lower classes while creating a potential for inflation which will, on the contrary, hurt them further.

The general health of the economy (as in stock indices and corporate revenue) is not an indicator of general quality of life nor a way to strengthen a country's middle class, especially if you ensure that it is distributed unfairly. It doesn't take a detailed look at the people who came up with this measures to understand where their motivation came from, and it certainly wasn't from the desire to help the struggling working class.

The US is taking great stries towards weakening its consumption-based economy, the very one that's buoyed by the majority of the citizens it's leaving behind.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
VSMUT
Posts: 1511
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:40 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Sun Jan 21, 2018 5:38 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Just wait until this time next year, when the health of the US economy will be even better!


Unless it doesn't. The economy is overheated, and there are more and more indications that the next global economic crash is approaching. This will affect the lower classes in the US too. And honestly, giving tax cuts at this time is just about the worst thing you could do under those circumstances.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Sun Jan 21, 2018 10:02 pm

We must remember that any opinion not supporting the far right ideologues is good , God's truth, and any thing negative is Fake News. :wave:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
apodino
Posts: 3233
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:32 pm

In my opinion, Economics is one issue where politicians have a lot less influence than we think they do, and people take credit for good economies and get blamed for bad ones, and I don't think either of them are right.

Lets look at the recession of 2008. Bush was the guy who was largely blamed for this. While I do think there were some things he did that didn't help, I don't think you can pin the blame exclusively on him. For starters, there were a lot of subprime mortgages issued back before he even came into office to people who couldn't afford them. people blame Clinton for this, though I don't think that's fair. When they couldn't pay, financial institutions took a big hit as a result and pulled money out of the stock market, which caused a huge panic. It was magnified after Enron, and also the failures of Bear Stearns and Lehman Brothers. The fact the Bernie Madoff was revealed to be a fraud at the time added fuel to the fire. Bush was not responsible for any of these events other than the fact that Alberto Gonzalez didn't provide enough oversight in this area. Because all this happened, the relief that the tax cuts were supposed to provide did not come close to offsetting the losses realized from all that was going on. Oil prices reaching record highs during this time magnified the problem as people couldn't afford to fill up. The real estate market had been overheated by investors who thought they could cash in on the boom, and when this all happened prices tanked and these investors lost everything.

A lot of people who look at what happened will claim that this was all caused by the bush tax cuts. As I have illustrated it was much more complicated than that, and I think the tax cuts played a limited role. The only other areas I would fault Bush in are the lack of oversight and his failure to address spiking oil prices. (Which is one issue I really pin on Cheney, who I think caused way more damage during the Bush years than Bush himself did.)

Obama came in after that. Aside from Obamacare, which impacted 1/6 of the economy which is dependent on Healthcare, I really struggle to find a specific policy that he signed into law that really had a positive impact on the economy. People will point to the bailouts, and the shovel ready project bill. I would argue that the Bailouts were more harmful longterm than beneficial. Yes when you bail out a failing company it does save some jobs. But by doing so, where is the long term incentive for the CEOs to run a sound business? (This goes much deeper than this).

Where I think the recovery came from largely during the Obama administration was the Federal Reserve. The Feds pumped a lot of money into the economy, and of course much of it went straight to the stock market, which is the real reason the dow grew under Obama. Adding a bunch of regulations in my opinion really slowed the growth of the economy, and while there is no question it grew under Obama, I think it could have grown a lot more and quicker if Obama had done different things. And I also think some of the recovery is stuff that was natural and would have happened in any event regardless of who was in the oval office.

Which brings me to trump. There is no question the Dow has been on a record tear ever since Trump took office. I agree that much of this is continued momentum and a recovered economy from the Obama administration (which Trump had nothing to do with). But Wall Street likes a lot of what Trump has done since taking office, and there is no question this has been a contributor as well.
So to the original point, both Obama and Trump deserve a bit of credit, but not as much as the base of either man would say. The Fed deserves a lot of credit. But Nature deserves a lot of credit as well. And Bush does not deserve as much blame as he got.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7267
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:57 pm

apodino wrote:
But Wall Street likes a lot of what Trump has done since taking office,

One of the things the Street likes most is deadlock. Because then things can't change and they can plan and manage for a longer term without a surprise or change.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:32 pm

Trump now owns a 1500 pt 6 day plunge in the stock market. Instead of UP, UP, UP it is going down, down , down.

Is it just a blip after an excellent run up, or a sign that the GOP tax cuts and tarrifs may be working to undermine the world and consumer faith in the US economy?
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
Okie
Posts: 3766
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:14 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump now owns a 1500 pt 6 day plunge in the stock market. Instead of UP, UP, UP it is going down, down , down.


Looks more like margin calls on day "pattern" traders who live in the basement who are using grandma's Visa card credit line for equity.
Probably going to be a drum of Cheesy Poofs and Bologna Sandwiches for a while. :yes:

*********

Considering the run up since Trump has been elected there has to be some pull back at some point. 4-5% should be relatively normal.

Okie
 
B777LRF
Posts: 1934
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:44 pm

Okie wrote:
Looks more like margin calls on day "pattern" traders who live in the basement who are using grandma's Visa card credit line for equity.
Probably going to be a drum of Cheesy Poofs and Bologna Sandwiches for a while. :yes:

*********

Considering the run up since Trump has been elected there has to be some pull back at some point. 4-5% should be relatively normal.

Okie


Actually, the problem is inflation and a higher cost of capital. Neither of which is good if you wish to grow an economy, as the former undermines consumer confidence and the latter decreases corporate investments in production.
From receips and radials over straight pipes to big fans - been there, done that, got the hearing defects to prove
 
dc10lover
Posts: 1325
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:11 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:12 pm

Just read gas prices will be up .25 - .50 a gallon by Memorial Day. What about jet fuel prices?
Why endure the nightmare and congestion of LAX when BUR, LGB, ONT & SNA is so much easier to fly in and out of.
 
seb146
Posts: 15885
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:50 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Just wait until this time next year, when the health of the US economy will be even better!

The social "agenda" of the Progressive Left is going to be swallowed by a prosperous America.

When the little people have good jobs and make good money, they won't give a F what the Eastern Establishment wonks have to say...


You righties are a strange lot. You all complain that if people on welfare would just work harder and make more money, everything would be great for them but that logic does not apply to the government. Think about this:

If you cut your own income but still live the high life, how is that sustainable? You righties seem to think it is.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
DDR
Posts: 1200
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:09 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:24 am

dc10lover wrote:
Just read gas prices will be up .25 - .50 a gallon by Memorial Day. What about jet fuel prices?


This is one of the problems with the economy. Higher gas prices hurt some people, but benefit others. If you live in Houston, Dallas, or Tulsa, higher oil prices help the local economy. If you live in Atlanta, not so much.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:44 am

Okie wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump now owns a 1500 pt 6 day plunge in the stock market. Instead of UP, UP, UP it is going down, down , down.


Looks more like margin calls on day "pattern" traders who live in the basement who are using grandma's Visa card credit line for equity.
Probably going to be a drum of Cheesy Poofs and Bologna Sandwiches for a while. :yes:

*********

Considering the run up since Trump has been elected there has to be some pull back at some point. 4-5% should be relatively normal.

Okie


Not sure about the pattern day traders. Most of them have been making bukku bucks over the past few months. they won't feel this one. In fact most everyone won't feel this as of yet. However it may give people pause if it continues or a slow decline begins.

The current US congress does not seem interested in passing or voting on a budget for 2019 or beyond. If these Tax cuts were supposed to be so good, why don't they show us the budget?
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16126
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:10 am

seb146 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Just wait until this time next year, when the health of the US economy will be even better!

The social "agenda" of the Progressive Left is going to be swallowed by a prosperous America.

When the little people have good jobs and make good money, they won't give a F what the Eastern Establishment wonks have to say...


You righties are a strange lot. You all complain that if people on welfare would just work harder and make more money, everything would be great for them but that logic does not apply to the government. Think about this:

If you cut your own income but still live the high life, how is that sustainable? You righties seem to think it is.

Poor people always need to work harder, longer, more jobs, unlike daddy Trump who needs more executive time to yell at the boob tube. Poor people are poor because it's their fault--of course if Trump wasn't born into money he'd be eating garbage under a bridge, never mind his idiot children
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:05 am

B777LRF wrote:
Actually, the problem is inflation and a higher cost of capital. Neither of which is good if you wish to grow an economy, as the former undermines consumer confidence and the latter decreases corporate investments in production.


High inflation and too high cost of capital is bad yes. But we had no inflation and free capital, and that wasn't great either. What's happening now is that Wall Street was addicted to that free capital, so signs it will end, to go back to normal cost of capital, is causing withdrawal fears for the addicts.

Meanwhile Bitcoin has been in a slow but steady "krach" and I'm feeling it, I won't be losing money but I feel poorer !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:15 am

casinterest wrote:
The current US congress does not seem interested in passing or voting on a budget for 2019 or beyond. If these Tax cuts were supposed to be so good, why don't they show us the budget?


They don´t want the debt big bang they are working on to become widely known before the mid-terms. Simple as that.

Trump is already on track piling on more debt than Obama, despite a booming economy instead of a global financial crisis.

best regards
Thomas
This signature is a safe place.
 
mmo
Posts: 1321
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Just wondering if Trump will take credit for the latest market adjustment or will he blame it on Obama and the Dems.
If we weren't all crazy we'd all go insane!
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6099
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:48 pm

mmo wrote:
Just wondering if Trump will take credit for the latest market adjustment or will he blame it on Obama and the Dems.

Sean Hannity already blamed it on Obama...all while saying that the slide shows the strength of the economy.

I swear, conservatives have found a way to make fuzzy logic mainstream. It's Obama's fault that the slide happened but the slide is also a sign of the strength of the economy (so he's giving credit AND blame to Obama).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:48 pm

mmo wrote:
Just wondering if Trump will take credit for the latest market adjustment or will he blame it on Obama and the Dems.

NAH,
Trump's cowardly lying cohort, Hannity, is already trying to pass it off as Obama's' fault.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/se ... ad894f229c

Never mind the pesky fact that the stock market has had a 9 year Bull run
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
seb146
Posts: 15885
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:16 pm

And will tRump take credit for this or blame Obama?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/won ... f86c7bbd32
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:41 pm

Remember all those Carrier Jobs trump was going to save.

He lied

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/2 ... mp-layoffs
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:16 am

mmo wrote:
Just wondering if Trump will take credit for the latest market adjustment or will he blame it on Obama and the Dems.


Thanks for market slump Mr. President... I was able to buy into BitCoin at near record lows... :thumbsup:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:56 am

casinterest wrote:
Remember all those Carrier Jobs trump was going to save.

He lied

https://www.vox.com/first-person/2018/2 ... mp-layoffs


as a first, second and third approximation it is correct to assume that everything he says is a lie.......

By this time him being truthful would be newsworthy.

best regards
Thomas
This signature is a safe place.
 
jetero
Posts: 2007
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:04 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
mmo wrote:
Just wondering if Trump will take credit for the latest market adjustment or will he blame it on Obama and the Dems.


Thanks for market slump Mr. President... I was able to buy into BitCoin at near record lows... :thumbsup:


Once again you come across as the smartest guy in the room, DF. When will you write your self-help book so we can all benefit?

P.S. Please don’t expect a bailout from me 5 years from now.

P.P.S. Oh, wait, I’d do that. Why? Because I have a conscience. Kicking myself for that as I type this, but, sadly enough, as much as I want retribution for your nakedly blind idiocy (Strato, Nikky V, even Voldemort NoTime), I’d do it. In some respect, we are brothers. Makes me sick to say it, but we are. Joke’s on me at the end of the day because I know you would never return the favor.
 
WIederling
Posts: 5420
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:34 am

tommy1808 wrote:
He lied


as a first, second and third approximation it is correct to assume that everything he says is a lie.......

he is in no way outstanding in his peer group.

good strategy. always lie. big lies hidden in a jungle of lesser lies.
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:32 pm

Trillion Dollar deficits here we come.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/07/news/ec ... l?adkey=bn
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
salttee
Posts: 1855
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:49 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trillion Dollar deficits here we come.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/07/news/ec ... l?adkey=bn

Trump's base has no idea what that means. Any amount larger than the value of their house is but an abstract term to them. Million, billion, trillion is all about the same to them. Those are just CNN words or bureaucrat's words.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:18 pm

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
mmo wrote:
Just wondering if Trump will take credit for the latest market adjustment or will he blame it on Obama and the Dems.


Thanks for market slump Mr. President... I was able to buy into BitCoin at near record lows... :thumbsup:


Once again you come across as the smartest guy in the room, DF. When will you write your self-help book so we can all benefit?

P.S. Please don’t expect a bailout from me 5 years from now.

P.P.S. Oh, wait, I’d do that. Why? Because I have a conscience. Kicking myself for that as I type this, but, sadly enough, as much as I want retribution for your nakedly blind idiocy (Strato, Nikky V, even Voldemort NoTime), I’d do it. In some respect, we are brothers. Makes me sick to say it, but we are. Joke’s on me at the end of the day because I know you would never return the favor.


I won't need a bailout... Read it and weep Jetero ! ! !

https://www.prisonplanet.com/cryptocurr ... s-say.html
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
jetero
Posts: 2007
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:51 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Thanks for market slump Mr. President... I was able to buy into BitCoin at near record lows... :thumbsup:


Once again you come across as the smartest guy in the room, DF. When will you write your self-help book so we can all benefit?

P.S. Please don’t expect a bailout from me 5 years from now.

P.P.S. Oh, wait, I’d do that. Why? Because I have a conscience. Kicking myself for that as I type this, but, sadly enough, as much as I want retribution for your nakedly blind idiocy (Strato, Nikky V, even Voldemort NoTime), I’d do it. In some respect, we are brothers. Makes me sick to say it, but we are. Joke’s on me at the end of the day because I know you would never return the favor.


I won't need a bailout... Read it and weep Jetero ! ! !

https://www.prisonplanet.com/cryptocurr ... s-say.html


Being an overly sensitive liberal snowflake, your posts usually make me cry--this one, however, is a rare exception.

(Glad to know you're not really ignoring me--now that would've really hurt.)
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1073
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:59 pm

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:

Once again you come across as the smartest guy in the room, DF. When will you write your self-help book so we can all benefit?

P.S. Please don’t expect a bailout from me 5 years from now.

P.P.S. Oh, wait, I’d do that. Why? Because I have a conscience. Kicking myself for that as I type this, but, sadly enough, as much as I want retribution for your nakedly blind idiocy (Strato, Nikky V, even Voldemort NoTime), I’d do it. In some respect, we are brothers. Makes me sick to say it, but we are. Joke’s on me at the end of the day because I know you would never return the favor.


I won't need a bailout... Read it and weep Jetero ! ! !

https://www.prisonplanet.com/cryptocurr ... s-say.html


Being an overly sensitive liberal snowflake, your posts usually make me cry--this one, however, is a rare exception.

(Glad to know you're not really ignoring me--now that would've really hurt.)


Image
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
jetero
Posts: 2007
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:49 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

I won't need a bailout... Read it and weep Jetero ! ! !

https://www.prisonplanet.com/cryptocurr ... s-say.html


Being an overly sensitive liberal snowflake, your posts usually make me cry--this one, however, is a rare exception.

(Glad to know you're not really ignoring me--now that would've really hurt.)


Image


That’s my DF! Well done!
 
BerenErchamion
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu May 28, 2015 12:44 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:35 pm

stratosphere wrote:
he like most every other democratic president has left our military in a weakened state


Good. Killing people is wrong. It's not the sort of thing we should want to be good at.

So you agree that Democrats are more moral than Republicans, then?
It's OK to be rude to fascists.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 441
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:18 pm

Another banner day for the Trump stock market! MAGA MAGA MAGA!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:48 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Another banner day for the Trump stock market! MAGA MAGA MAGA!



I think folks are finally figuring out that when the GOP said tax cuts would increase wage growth, they were really talking about massive inflation.

Also it could be that the GOP is losing faith in Fox news and the Trump lie machine.

On a day where a WH staff member who NEVER had his background check completed ( EXTREME VETTING) was in the news and was let go /forced to resign. Barely a mention of the fact that the Chief of Staff didn't know his secretary had been accused of Domestic abuse by his two previous wives

Rather the Fox news propoganda machine is pushing the Hannity Uranium one story all day long.

Then while the market started to tank, they were covering the George Soros issue as their headline, Everyone tell me how much you care or are surprised that Soros is funding an Anti Brexit group?


No one with any intelligence should watch fox news anymore.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
wingman
Posts: 3287
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:53 pm

The GOP is up to its old tricks yet again, less money in and more money out. And now with a 6 time bankruptcy monkey who can't even find his own dongle leading the moronic core to another fiscal meltdown. It was only 2 presidents ago that they tried this idiotic medicine on the country but I guess even basic arithmetic is fake news these days.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10664
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:58 pm

casinterest wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Another banner day for the Trump stock market! MAGA MAGA MAGA!



I think folks are finally figuring out that when the GOP said tax cuts would increase wage growth, they were really talking about massive inflation.

Also it could be that the GOP is losing faith in Fox news and the Trump lie machine.

On a day where a WH staff member who NEVER had his background check completed ( EXTREME VETTING) was in the news and was let go /forced to resign. Barely a mention of the fact that the Chief of Staff didn't know his secretary had been accused of Domestic abuse by his two previous wives

Rather the Fox news propoganda machine is pushing the Hannity Uranium one story all day long.

Then while the market started to tank, they were covering the George Soros issue as their headline, Everyone tell me how much you care or are surprised that Soros is funding an Anti Brexit group?

7
No one with any intelligence should watch fox news anymore.


I will always check Fox news after a breaking story everywhere else on the so called Liberal Media sites. They are always covering another story especially when the breaking story is against their favorite agenda, right wing news. I will always say to my wife, let me see what is being reported in the Alternate Universe, they never disappoint. I am amazed at the gullibility of Fox News fans.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7267
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:00 pm

What I am really curious about right now is whether Trump will be able to watch a correction if that is what is happening. Or if he will try to push/influence Powell, the newly appointed head of the Federal Reserve.

I am honestly hoping he stays clear but I also know that is not his style.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
LMP737
Posts: 5375
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:37 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

I won't need a bailout... Read it and weep Jetero ! ! !

https://www.prisonplanet.com/cryptocurr ... s-say.html


Find a source with a bit more credibility.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5375
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:46 am

stratosphere wrote:
But he did make a grave mistake in Iraq ( Bush made the biggest mistake) Obama pulling out of Iraq helped form ISIS in my opinion .


So were you going to volunteer yourself to stand watch over in Iraq? Or at the very least knock on peoples door to let them know their loved one was KIA.

stratosphere wrote:
not to mention he like most every other democratic president has left our military in a weakened state


And what proof of this do you have?
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:43 am

stratosphere wrote:
Obama pulling out of Iraq helped form ISIS in my opinion .


for the god-knows-how-many-times: Obama did not pull out or Iraq, he only followed through with the withdrawal treaty Bush Jr. signed a month before he took office.

Keeping troops in a country that doesn´t want you there, is called "war". The power to declare war lays with who again?

best regards
Thomas
This signature is a safe place.
 
salttee
Posts: 1855
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:19 pm

That's like water rolling off a duck's back.

Strato will be back next week, again claiming that Obama was the one who "pulled out of Iraq".
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:34 pm

salttee wrote:
Strato will be back next week, again claiming that Obama was the one who "pulled out of Iraq".


Hence i won´t if there ever will be an ICD code for the condition. "Trump serfdom disorder" or something like that....

The interesting question always is "do they know its BS or are they really that far gone"?

http://comprop.oii.ox.ac.uk/research/po ... junk-news/

Gist: the left tries to use arguments, the right keeps repeating lies.....

best regards
Thomas
This signature is a safe place.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6099
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:59 pm

Listening to Joe Scarborough, he made a a point which economists have been warning since the GOP took power in DC: you don't cut taxes when the economy is at full employment; you don't cut taxes when the economy is growing at a healthy pace. All you're doing is overheating the economy.

Why have we seen the two biggest drops of the DJIA in the same week? Because traders are now concerned about what an overheated economy will bring: high interest rates. Read about the two plunges and they all point to the same thing: the rates are moving too fast. Cheap money is running out, sure. But to cut it out too fast will have the opposite result.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:35 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Listening to Joe Scarborough, he made a a point which economists have been warning since the GOP took power in DC: you don't cut taxes when the economy is at full employment; you don't cut taxes when the economy is growing at a healthy pace. All you're doing is overheating the economy.

Why have we seen the two biggest drops of the DJIA in the same week? Because traders are now concerned about what an overheated economy will bring: high interest rates. Read about the two plunges and they all point to the same thing: the rates are moving too fast. Cheap money is running out, sure. But to cut it out too fast will have the opposite result.


Look don't worry. The Republicans have this math thing all figured out. They cut taxes to speed growth, and then they increase spending to drive inflation to kill it. All in the name of the Trump Trillions deficit plan. Then the Chinese will probably stop buying our debt as the dollar plummets, and we will be left as a pauper nation. We will get to have all the jobs no one really wants to work.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 7196
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:03 pm

casinterest wrote:
Then the Chinese will probably stop buying our debt as the dollar plummets, and we will be left as a pauper nation. .


They can´t really. They have a trade deficit with the US, which means they get up in the morning to make stuff for the US, and all they get is paper with stinking ink on it. And that is essentially worthless outside the US. Exchanging it for another currency makes the Dollars only someone else´s problem. In the end all a foreigner can do with an US$ is buy something in the US, well... if there was enough interesting for them to buy there wouldn´t be a deficit, buy stock that gives you more equally worthless $ and is very volatile, or park it in US treasury bonds.The principle is true for any currency.

As long as the trade balance is the way it is, they will buy your debt. No matter how bad the US economy gets, it is still better than its calorific value.

The foreign held US debt is pretty much stuff consumed in the US that no one in the US ever worked or expended resources for, and the money is coming back to the US one way or another anyways.
Trade deficit means basically free stuff, and as long inflation is high enough (but not so high to kill the economy) and the money stays outside the US for long enough, you never really pay back its true value.

best regards
Thomas
This signature is a safe place.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:11 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Then the Chinese will probably stop buying our debt as the dollar plummets, and we will be left as a pauper nation. .


They can´t really. They have a trade deficit with the US, which means they get up in the morning to make stuff for the US, and all they get is paper with stinking ink on it. And that is essentially worthless outside the US. Exchanging it for another currency makes the Dollars only someone else´s problem. In the end all a foreigner can do with an US$ is buy something in the US, well... if there was enough interesting for them to buy there wouldn´t be a deficit, buy stock that gives you more equally worthless $ and is very volatile, or park it in US treasury bonds.The principle is true for any currency.

As long as the trade balance is the way it is, they will buy your debt. No matter how bad the US economy gets, it is still better than its calorific value.

The foreign held US debt is pretty much stuff consumed in the US that no one in the US ever worked or expended resources for, and the money is coming back to the US one way or another anyways.
Trade deficit means basically free stuff, and as long inflation is high enough (but not so high to kill the economy) and the money stays outside the US for long enough, you never really pay back its true value.

best regards
Thomas


https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1GN ... IuGpxPsBsA

The Yuan is floating more, and right now China is starting to figure out that they can make their own stuff. Check out cars, planes, phones, computers , buildings islands. China is diversifying it's basket as are many other countries. The US dollar will be able to buy less and less in China over time, and eventually inflation will take over here, and with reduced buying power. The US will be hurt.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 9669
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:46 pm

Tugger wrote:
What I am really curious about right now is whether Trump will be able to watch a correction if that is what is happening. Or if he will try to push/influence Powell, the newly appointed head of the Federal Reserve.

I am honestly hoping he stays clear but I also know that is not his style.

Tugg


On the (French) business radio I listen to someone said that everybody is focusing on the Fed and watches if a mistake will be made, meanwhile what could happen is a budgetary fiasco.

Massive inflation through wage increases, I don't think so, inflation for US citizens because of the dollar tanking, or because of high interest rates, linked to the fact that less and less people are ready to buy US debt, that's more probable.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6140
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Mon Feb 12, 2018 1:59 pm

Trump is abandoning deficit control. Wants to be known for the HUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEESSSST deficits.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... r-53011637

"Instead, the new budget deal and last year's tax cuts herald the return of trillion dollar-plus deficits. Last year, Trump's budget predicted a $526 billion budget deficit for the 2019 fiscal year starting Oct. 1; instead, it's set to easily exceed $1 trillion once the cost of the new spending pact and the tax cuts are added to Congressional Budget Office projections"
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jetero, JJJ and 23 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos