Francoflier

Re: Economists agree: Trump, not Obama, gets credit for economy

Mon Feb 12, 2018 3:21 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump is abandoning deficit control. Wants to be known for the HUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEESSSST deficits.
http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStor ... r-53011637

"Instead, the new budget deal and last year's tax cuts herald the return of trillion dollar-plus deficits. Last year, Trump's budget predicted a $526 billion budget deficit for the 2019 fiscal year starting Oct. 1; instead, it's set to easily exceed $1 trillion once the cost of the new spending pact and the tax cuts are added to Congressional Budget Office projections"

Let's be honest here for a second... Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He barely has a clue about how the economy works. In fact, he can barely keep a business up without ruining it or without assistance from the Russian mafia.

He's a maleable lump of clay in the hands of those who surround him, themselves controlled by the corporate interests and lobbies who fund them.
He's taking a fast growing economy riding on the trail of loose monetary policy and instead of consolidating and stabilizing it through measured rate hikes and tightened regulations, he is cutting it loose and letting it redline, at the joy of the corporate world which will gain immediate profits, but at the expense of just about everyone else who will suffer the compounding effects of inflation, massive debt increase and likely currency devaluation.

There is no thought, reason or long term planning on behalf of Trump or anybody on the current government. Just the Wall Street types he filled it with pushing him to open the taps as far as they go in order for them to maximize tomorrow's gains. Let the riffraff pay for the ensuing damage, they always do anyway...
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

casinterest

Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:20 pm

Francoflier wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Trump is abandoning deficit control. Wants to be known for the HUUUUUUGGGGGGGEEEESSSST deficits.

"Instead, the new budget deal and last year's tax cuts herald the return of trillion dollar-plus deficits. Last year, Trump's budget predicted a $526 billion budget deficit for the 2019 fiscal year starting Oct. 1; instead, it's set to easily exceed $1 trillion once the cost of the new spending pact and the tax cuts are added to Congressional Budget Office projections"

Let's be honest here for a second... Trump doesn't know what he's doing. He barely has a clue about how the economy works. In fact, he can barely keep a business up without ruining it or without assistance from the Russian mafia.

He's a maleable lump of clay in the hands of those who surround him, themselves controlled by the corporate interests and lobbies who fund them.
He's taking a fast growing economy riding on the trail of loose monetary policy and instead of consolidating and stabilizing it through measured rate hikes and tightened regulations, he is cutting it loose and letting it redline, at the joy of the corporate world which will gain immediate profits, but at the expense of just about everyone else who will suffer the compounding effects of inflation, massive debt increase and likely currency devaluation.

There is no thought, reason or long term planning on behalf of Trump or anybody on the current government. Just the Wall Street types he filled it with pushing him to open the taps as far as they go in order for them to maximize tomorrow's gains. Let the riffraff pay for the ensuing damage, they always do anyway...

Well that is how i see it, but the GOP has always been so fiscally guarded during Obama's tenure to get the economy going. Now they don't care since the Lying Grand pooh bah has been elected.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

wingman

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:31 pm

$3T in cuts to social programs while the wealthy slurp up all that new cream in tax cuts, it's a laugh riot folks. Trump and Fox News are luckier than they know that at least 50% of their dumbshit 30% Core doesn't know how to read, much less comprehend what he's doing to them. I think of those coal miners that were all so excited and the "Amerika Fuck Yeah!" crowds that turned Wisconsin and Michigan. Trump will be yet another catastrophic 4 year lesson in economics and a reminder that the GOP is of, by and for the 1/10th of 1%. All we can hope for this year is a massive midterm turnout that will protect at least some Americans from the more ravaging consequences of this epic money grab. All around us the 99.9th percentile is building 4th or 5th mountain palazzos and cavorting on 100 ft + mega yachts, did we really need to lick their boots with a massive tax cut to boot? What a fucking waste.

Route66

Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:33 pm

Francoflier wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Another classic case of people who grossly underestimate Trump. He is not the stupid lug you've portrayed, nobody survives and thrives in the cutthroat New York real estate market for 30 years with those qualities. Ignorant people like to point to bankruptcies as proof of that but bankruptcies happen for many reasons besides mismanagement and stupidity.

bgm

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:29 pm

Route66 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:
casinterest wrote:

Another classic case of people who grossly underestimate Trump. He is not the stupid lug you've portrayed, nobody survives and thrives in the cutthroat New York real estate market for 30 years with those qualities. Ignorant people like to point to bankruptcies as proof of that but bankruptcies happen for many reasons besides mismanagement and stupidity.

Pray tell, what were the reasons for his many, many bankruptcies then? Do enlighten us.
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

jetero

Mon Feb 12, 2018 9:36 pm

bgm wrote:
Route66 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

Pray tell, what were the reasons for his many, many bankruptcies then? Do enlighten us.

All part of the master plan, obviously, bgm.

wingman

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:13 pm

Trump is most definitely one of the world's great assholes, but not many genuinely believe him to be stupid. I'm personally in the former, I truly believe he's a bag of gas and lacks any of the core qualities essential for office. And you're right, bankruptcies can happen for many reasons and can be a great vehicle to rebuild a business fallen on hard times due to reasons outside of its direct control (like the Great Depression and Great Recession). But when an individual goes to the Chapter 11 well time and time again and then becomes the first President to ever refuse to divulge 10-20 years of tax returns it looks to me like that person is indeed a stupid lug, at minimum in the context of their chosen profession. And the investors and bankers (and Russian mobsters) that continue to finance such an F grade business person of such "tremendous" success are also stupid lugs. The next circle of stupidity hell is reserved for his voters, though I save them from the final circle on the hunch many of them can't possibly read and are hence deserving of some pity, and that final circle is reserved for people like you BGM, people so devoid of shame that they continue to defend this asshole using third rate talking points from Assholes and Friends.

Listen to yourself "just cuz he went bankrupt doesn't mean he's dumb". Now try that line again and insert 4-6 times bankrupt and refuses to divulge his returns. I can only pray your genetic material hasn't gotten loose. Put a wrapper on it bud, do everyone a favor.

Route66

Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:49 pm

I looked at the history. You all should have too.

Put this in the context of over 30 years in a cutthroat New York industry. He filed 4 bankruptcies in 1990-92. All in succession and look to be Atlantic City-recession related. Another in 2006 and the last in 2009, also recession related. I had to look this up too, since none of his critics here have. The Trump Organization currently lists 500 separate companies. So, a bit more than 1% of his current holdings went bust over 30 years. In fairness (something none of his critics here are capable of), those are only the failures that went to bankruptcy protection and not those that simply dissolved but I'd take that success rate any day.

Yes, people still believing him to be some kind of a dumb lump are not looking at it with any objectivity. And it appears Americans are starting to think the same...a headline today...

Trump isn't getting more popular, but his policies are

More voters are giving high ratings to the economy and giving President Trump credit for it.
History shows a candidate's perceived competency is more important than likability.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/12/trump-i ... ntary.html

LMP737

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:08 pm

Route66 wrote:
Trump isn't getting more popular, but his policies are[/size][/b]
More voters are giving high ratings to the economy and giving President Trump credit for it.
History shows a candidate's perceived competency is more important than likability.

That's because we have become a nation of bullies who are willing to vote against their own long term self interest.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

jetero

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:24 pm

LMP737 wrote:
Route66 wrote:
Trump isn't getting more popular, but his policies are[/size][/b]

That's because we have become a nation of bullies who are willing to vote against their own long term self interest.

Not to mention it’s really easy to get people onboard by blatantly lying and inciting them. You know, the same thing Democrats have been accused for decades of doing to African-Americans.

Route66

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:27 pm

LMP737 wrote:

I vote principles over my personal interests all the time. You don't?

LMP737

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:31 pm

Route66 wrote:

What principles are you speaking of? Blaming others for your own problems?
Last edited by LMP737 on Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetero

Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:38 pm

Route66 wrote:
LMP737 wrote:

By principles, do you mean p*ssy grabbing?

seb146

Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:22 am

Why can't tRump get his budget passed? His party controls both houses of Congress, he should be able to get his budget passed.

Remember the righties crying and screaming at the utter failure of Obama because he never passed a budget? Same thing now, only Republicans are in charge.
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

Route66

Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:41 pm

LMP737 wrote:
Route66 wrote:

I have no idea what that response is all about. I've often voted against my own personal interests for the good of society. Don't you?

jetero wrote:

Unfortunately, the alternative was worse but does make one wonder what the economy would look like if Hillary were in charge.

seb146

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:06 pm

Route66 wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
Route66 wrote:

I have no idea what that response is all about. I've often voted against my own personal interests for the good of society. Don't you?

No. I want low cost health care, affordable education, good paying jobs. So, I vote for the party who has tried to get those things. I don't like it, but they align more with what I want. I would much prefer a third party option, like in Canada or France or Germany but I deal with what we have been given.

If a person votes Republican, that says they do not want affordable health care, they do not want affordable education and they do not want good paying jobs. If a person votes Republican, that says they say one thing and do the opposite. They vote against their own interests.

Route66 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Unfortunately, the alternative was worse but does make one wonder what the economy would look like if Hillary were in charge.

Stalled, if Republicans were in control of Congress, but, at least she would be talking about things that we who work want to hear. Taxing the rich to help the poor in order to keep the economy going strong and low cost health care and so forth. She would not be talking about how big her launch button is and would not talk about how she would date her daughter and would not talk about how she wants a military parade because it would feed her ego. I would even go so far as to say that the (now) hated FBI would be loved and used heavily if she were president. That she would have testified multiple times under oath. If Hillary were president, Republicans would refuse to do anything and call themselves the best for doing so.
Last edited by seb146 on Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cledaybuck

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:07 pm

jetero wrote:
bgm wrote:
Route66 wrote:

All part of the master plan, obviously, bgm.
You could argue his plan is to get/keep the economy and stock market (which appears to be his main understanding of the economy) going as much as possible to get re-elected in 2020 and ignore any long term effects.

cledaybuck

Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:09 pm

Route66 wrote:
but does make one wonder what the economy would look like if Hillary were in charge.
Probably almost exactly the same. Presidents don't have that much power to alter the short term economy and any effects from the tax bill haven't hit the economy much if any yet.

casinterest

Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:40 pm

More reports about how this woefully unprepared president and staff t continues to misread reports on the economy and labor pool .

http://www.wral.com/ap-fact-check-trump ... /17337119/

"Out of Trump's pool of 100 million (actually 95.7 million, according to the government), only about 5.2 million say they want to be working. The vast majority is made up of students aged 16 and over, the elderly and people who want to stay home to raise their children. That information comes from the same government survey used to calculate the unemployment rate."

Inflation is imminent folks. Time to sell the stocks.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Aesma

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:09 am

Here we have plenty of unemployed people who want to work, and plenty of companies who need people, however they don't meet. One of the main reasons is that these people aren't qualified for the jobs, unqualified work being rarer and rarer.

Is that an issue in the US ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

einsteinboricua

Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:25 am

Aesma wrote:

There's that AND there's also the unwillingness to work for minimum wage (though I can't say I blame someone for not wanting to do so, especially if they held a job that paid more). But then it's those damn illegals who are ruining the country by taking the jobs no one wants to do (like janitors, housekeeping, and construction).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

WarRI1

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:37 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Aesma wrote:

There's that AND there's also the unwillingness to work for minimum wage (though I can't say I blame someone for not wanting to do so, especially if they held a job that paid more). But then it's those damn illegals who are ruining the country by taking the jobs no one wants to do (like janitors, housekeeping, and construction).

Since when has construction been a job nobody wants? I suggest you look at union wages in the construction industry. Of course when there are no union wages or prevailing wages, the wages are minimal as usual, easier to go on welfare for natives because the owners everywhere and in every category will hire the illegals because they can and will pay them shit wages. :banghead:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:46 am

seb146 wrote:
Route66 wrote:
LMP737 wrote:

No. I want low cost health care, affordable education, good paying jobs. So, I vote for the party who has tried to get those things. I don't like it, but they align more with what I want. I would much prefer a third party option, like in Canada or France or Germany but I deal with what we have been given.

If a person votes Republican, that says they do not want affordable health care, they do not want affordable education and they do not want good paying jobs. If a person votes Republican, that says they say one thing and do the opposite. They vote against their own interests.

Route66 wrote:
jetero wrote:

Stalled, if Republicans were in control of Congress, but, at least she would be talking about things that we who work want to hear. Taxing the rich to help the poor in order to keep the economy going strong and low cost health care and so forth. She would not be talking about how big her launch button is and would not talk about how she would date her daughter and would not talk about how she wants a military parade because it would feed her ego. I would even go so far as to say that the (now) hated FBI would be loved and used heavily if she were president. That she would have testified multiple times under oath. If Hillary were president, Republicans would refuse to do anything and call themselves the best for doing so.

One of the dumber comments I've read in a long time. "republicans don't want cheap healthcare, education, etc.". What a dumb comment. Seriously, maybe try looking at how much the average family's insurance premium shots up under Obamacare. Maybe try looking at how Obamacare was about to go bankrupt, and why so many insurance providers were pulling out of it. On education, yeah, we all know you democrats want everything for free. Last time I checked, grades K-12 are still free, thanks to our tax dollars. Sorry you don't get college for free, but we cannot afford that as a country, as much as you'd like it. It would also diminish the meaning and value of a degree holding person.
From flying to the NOTAM office

WarRI1

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:54 am

ual763 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Route66 wrote:

Route66 wrote:

One of the dumber comments I've read in a long time. "republicans don't want cheap healthcare, education, etc.". What a dumb comment. Seriously, maybe try looking at how much the average family's insurance premium shots up under Obamacare. Maybe try looking at how Obamacare was about to go bankrupt, and why so many insurance providers were pulling out of it. On education, yeah, we all know you democrats want everything for free. Last time I checked, grades K-12 are still free, thanks to our tax dollars. Sorry you don't get college for free, but we cannot afford that as a country, as much as you'd like it. It would also diminish the meaning and value of a degree holding person.

Will you provide a list of Republican programs in the last 75 years that helped the common folks that I am one of. Just a short list will do. You know like wages, benefits, SS, Medicare, savings, welfare, old age help, any old thing will do.
Last edited by WarRI1 on Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:00 am

WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Will you provide a list of Republican programs in the last 75 years that helped the common folks that I am one of. Just a short list will do. You know like wages, benefits, savings, welfare, old age help, any old thing will do.

For starters, how about the tax plan? I don't know about you, but the vast majority of low-income/middle-income people will save a lot of money with their reduced taxes. I myself am one of them. Oh, and People are also getting tremendous bonuses from their employers because of the tax bill. Remind yourself, that not a single democrat voted for tax cuts. They also said the $1000-2000 bonuses we're all getting is just "crumbs". Maybe it's crumbs to the Uber rich Nancy Pelosi, but to both myself and many other ordinary Americans, it's a lot of money.

WarRI1

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:18 am

ual763 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

Will you provide a list of Republican programs in the last 75 years that helped the common folks that I am one of. Just a short list will do. You know like wages, benefits, savings, welfare, old age help, any old thing will do.

For starters, how about the tax plan? I don't know about you, but the vast majority of low-income/middle-income people will save a lot of money with their reduced taxes. I myself am one of them. Oh, and People are also getting tremendous bonuses from their employers because of the tax bill. Remind yourself, that not a single democrat voted for tax cuts. They also said the $1000-2000 bonuses we're all getting is just "crumbs". Maybe it's crumbs to the Uber rich Nancy Pelosi, but to both myself and many other ordinary Americans, it's a lot of money.

Let me tell you one thing, I never laugh at any wage increases, but beware the details and the long range affects of bonus's. I mean no harm to any working person. These bonus's are a one time thing, and if they are not, I will be pleasantly surprised, in fact amazed. This flies in the face of my knowledge by virtue of past history and practices of business.I have received a bonus on top of a wage increase, not just a bonus, so has my wife.

That was an earned bonus for increased corporate earnings, not because of a give away to those corporations. In the last ten years shall we say, how much was given as wage increases, not too much for sure. I will bet on that fact from what I have seen and read on the news and papers. Not on fox News for sure. Trust me on one thing, I am always on the side of the worker and against most corporations. To me this is theater, an act and unless history has changed, we will all find that out one year from now. Annual wage increases were the norm then, not anymore. Bonuses replacing wage increases, not good for anyone but corporations. The Republican way. By the way, I am waiting for the list from anyone out there.

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:22 am

WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Let me tell you one thing, I never laugh at any wage increases, but beware the details and the long range affects of bonus's. I mean no harm to any working person. These bonus's are a one time thing, and if they are not, I will be pleasantly surprised, in fact amazed. This flies in the face of my knowledge by virtue of past history and practices of business.I have received a bonus on top of a wage increase, not just a bonus, so has my wife.

That was an earned bonus for increased corporate earnings, not because of a give away to those corporations. In the last ten years shall we say, how much was given as wage increases, not too much for sure. I will bet on that fact from what I have seen and read on the news and papers. Not on fox News for sure. Trust me on one thing, I am always on the side of the worker and against most corporations. To me this is theater, an act and unless history has changed, we will all find that out one year from now. Annual wage increases were the norm then, not anymore. Bonuses replacing wage increases, not good.

But it is something! We could have gotten nothing, or even more taxes. I'm ecstatic with the extra money I've gotten. My fixed wages also go up 3% every year. And I'm glad companies are making more money. That helps everyone, my friend!

WarRI1

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:33 am

ual763 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

That was an earned bonus for increased corporate earnings, not because of a give away to those corporations. In the last ten years shall we say, how much was given as wage increases, not too much for sure. I will bet on that fact from what I have seen and read on the news and papers. Not on fox News for sure. Trust me on one thing, I am always on the side of the worker and against most corporations. To me this is theater, an act and unless history has changed, we will all find that out one year from now. Annual wage increases were the norm then, not anymore. Bonuses replacing wage increases, not good.

But it is something! We could have gotten nothing, or even more taxes. I'm ecstatic with the extra money I've gotten. My fixed wages also go up 3% every year. And I'm glad companies are making more money. That helps everyone, my friend!

I guess you are happy, so be it. I know of millions more including my daughter in law who have received nothing over the last 2 years, and she works for a large corporation. I guess they could not afford it before the tax give away. (Kool Ade drinking will make you believe that) There was once a practice of rewarding workers to some degree, with them sharing in the productivity increases. As I said, you are happy, many more are not. By the way, many people were exempted from collecting a bonus, certainly not across the board. I wonder how many companies actually gave out a bonus?

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:36 am

WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I guess you are happy, so be it. I know of millions more including my daughter in law who have received nothing over the last 2 years, and she works for a large corporation. I guess they could not afford it before the tax give away. (Kool Ade drinking will make you believe that) There was once a practice of rewarding workers to some degree, with them sharing in the productivity increases. As I said, you are happy, many more are not. By the way, many people were exempted from collecting a bonus, certainly not across the board. I wonder how many companies actually gave out a bonus?

There are a lot actually. More are announced every day it seems. Sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law. The good news is though, even if she doesn't see a bonus, she (hopefully) will see a tax break. Hopefully!

seb146

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:37 am

ual763 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

UAL, you honestly believe that giving $2 to the working people once and also giving $10,000,000,000 to corporations every month is good for the economy? That it is sustainable? Yes, that is hyperbole, but it is pretty darn close to the right wing truth!

seb146

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:38 am

ual763 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

There are a lot actually. More are announced every day it seems. Sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law. The good news is though, even if she doesn't see a bonus, she (hopefully) will see a tax break. Hopefully!

You can keep the hope, give me the change! Isn't that what the right was screaming for eight years?

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:40 am

Those companies are now investing in our country again. Company's that left, are now coming back and building huge plants here, creating tons of jobs. Again, when companies make money, everyone benefits. Sure, certain companies could award their employees a little more. But, in general companies making, and SAVING, money is a great thing!

WarRI1

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:49 am

seb146 wrote:
ual763 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

You can keep the hope, give me the change! Isn't that what the right was screaming for eight years?

They sure did the screaming, and the sabotaging of the process we call Democracy. We now see them going against all their so called principles of small government and austerity. Obama advocated deficit spending to rescue the national economy after the great collapse, under a Republican Administration by the way. We now see the Deficit hawks of the Repubs, standing almost mute while the tax money which the Repubs said over and over was our money is now being spent to make the wealthy more wealthy. I use the abbreviation Repubs because all I hear from the Repubs is Dems. Which is said in a nasty way also. Tit for Tat, the American political way now.

WarRI1

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:54 am

ual763 wrote:
Those companies are now investing in our country again. Company's that left, are now coming back and building huge plants here, creating tons of jobs. Again, when companies make money, everyone benefits. Sure, certain companies could award their employees a little more. But, in general companies making, and SAVING, money is a great thing!

I hope they hurry, just today I went to three drugstores to find a Valentines Card made in the USA. I can not bring myself to buy one made in China. I am a bought in the USA fanatic also. Made my living here and I do my damnedest to spent it here and support workers like yourself and those in my family and friends. I am retired. Never give up the fight.

ual763

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:59 am

WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

I hope they hurry, just today I went to three drugstores to find a Valentines Card made in the USA. I can not bring myself to buy one made in China. I am a bought in the USA fanatic also. Made my living here and I do my damnedest to spent it here and support workers like yourself and those in my family and friends. I am retired. Never give up the fight.

That we can definitely agree on!

seahawk

Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:05 am

WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

That is why Trump is now willing to set import taxes to protect American workers. He will bring the jobs back and in 7 years when his presidency ends, the USA will be the unchallenged economic power of the world again. Trump is simply fantastic, the best president in decades.

LMP737

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:44 am

Route66 wrote:

What good of society, principles or whatever you want to call it are you referring too?

LMP737

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:52 am

ual763 wrote:

What companies are you talking about?

LMP737

Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:58 am

ual763 wrote:

Do you work in the airline industry?

Aesma

Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:11 am

Building plants locally is a good thing, however they may not be filled with people. Nowadays, robots are key, and you only need people to do what robots can't yet do (including taking care of the robots).
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

einsteinboricua

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:41 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
They sure did the screaming, and the sabotaging of the process we call Democracy. We now see them going against all their so called principles of small government and austerity. Obama advocated deficit spending to rescue the national economy after the great collapse, under a Republican Administration by the way. We now see the Deficit hawks of the Repubs, standing almost mute while the tax money which the Repubs said over and over was our money is now being spent to make the wealthy more wealthy. I use the abbreviation Repubs because all I hear from the Repubs is Dems. Which is said in a nasty way also. Tit for Tat, the American political way now.

I don't necessarily see eye to eye with Sen Rand Paul, but one thing I have to applaud him is the speech he gave in the Senate about how the GOP, which for years clamored to bring deficit under control, is now presiding as it expands.

Just one problem: he voted for the tax cuts. Perfect message, not the ideal messenger however.

WarRI1

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:48 pm

seahawk wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
ual763 wrote:

That is why Trump is now willing to set import taxes to protect American workers. He will bring the jobs back and in 7 years when his presidency ends, the USA will be the unchallenged economic power of the world again. Trump is simply fantastic, the best president in decades.

We will have to see about the seven year part of the program by tRump. It may not work, nor last that long. I myself see 3 more years of this madness and mayhem. Let us see what he accomplish's with jobs in the USA. Believe me I wish him luck on that score. Both parties and our esteemed corporations share in the blame for our economy, let us not forget that. Unfortunately he and we are controlled by big money and corporations. If I remember correctly, he also falls into the part about using big money and his business's to control our congress. Just a tad of conflict there for someone who will supposedly drain the swamp. I must also agree to disagree about his ranking of good Presidents and his position on the list. Just a tad early on the call for me, of course not for him and you.

WarRI1

Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:55 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

I don't necessarily see eye to eye with Sen Rand Paul, but one thing I have to applaud him is the speech he gave in the Senate about how the GOP, which for years clamored to bring deficit under control, is now presiding as it expands.

Just one problem: he voted for the tax cuts. Perfect message, not the ideal messenger however.

I agree completely, the hypocrisy is appalling, but not unexpected. Obama/Democrats deficits not good, but Republican deficits good and noble, just ask the Corporations and the wealthy, they need more to continue the flow up instead of down. The Republicans have perfected the Anti Gravity tool for wealth.

LMP737

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:46 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:

Hilarious. Rand Paul voted for the tax cuts that just added a whole lot of red ink to the deficit and now he's expressing his concerns about deficit control. So like him. He votes to confirm Jeff Sessions then voices his concerns on Sessions marijuana decree.

einsteinboricua

Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:58 pm

LMP737 wrote:
Hilarious. Rand Paul voted for the tax cuts that just added a whole lot of red ink to the deficit and now he's expressing his concerns about deficit control. So like him. He votes to confirm Jeff Sessions then voices his concerns on Sessions marijuana decree.

Like I said, he made a statement that I agree with. But he's not the ideal person to deliver it. You can like a message and not the messenger. It's just like Cory Gardner from Colorado who is now defending his state's stance on marijuana and is critical of Sessions's attempts to curb the states from relaxing their laws, even though he confirmed Sessions to the post.