salttee
Topic Author
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:38 am

Very much against the wishes of Senator Grassley and the Republicans, Diane Feinstein, unilaterally released the transcript of an interview the Senate Judiciary Committee conducted with Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson. This is the company who hired Christopher Steele, the ex head of MI6's Russian desk, to see what Donald Trump was up to when he visited Moscow so often.

This is some very revealing and fairly detailed information about why Fusion GPS hired Steele to inquire about Trump. The testimony also provides an introduction to Bill Browder as well as the Russian holding company, Prevezon.

The transcript:
https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/public ... dacted.pdf

Feinstein gets an attaboy and two gold stars for this, Grassley wanted this hushed up.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6464
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:38 pm

Republicans have been known to hold hearings and interviews and release only what they find convenient (we saw it with Benghazi). While I'm against tactics like this and unilateral action, I'm willing to look the other way if it means that the truth is published.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
mbmbos
Posts: 2744
Joined: Sat May 27, 2000 4:16 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:22 pm

Does the Republican Party have any credibility left? For months the committee has been feeding Fox News and other propaganda outlets tidbits indicating the Russian collusion was entirely the province of the HRC Campaign. Thanks to Feinstein we now know that is patently false. And to think that Grassley and Graham referred Steele to the Justice Department for investigation. That's pure, bald faced fascism.
"If I don't manage to fly, someone else will. The spirit wants only for there to be flying. As for who happens to do it, in that he has only a passing interest."
- R.M. Rilke
 
salttee
Topic Author
Posts: 2470
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:23 pm

mbmbos wrote:
And to think that Grassley and Graham referred Steele to the Justice Department for investigation. That's pure, bald faced fascism.
It really is - it's beyond a garden variety lack of ethics. Steele is a patriot to the western cause.

And the British in particular should be outraged.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11751
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:13 pm

salttee wrote:

Feinstein gets an attaboy and two gold stars for this, Grassley wanted this hushed up.


She needs it after her horrible performance at the DACA meeting.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
jetero
Posts: 3374
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:50 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
salttee wrote:

Feinstein gets an attaboy and two gold stars for this, Grassley wanted this hushed up.


She needs it after her horrible performance at the DACA meeting.


What meeting were you watching?! (Something doctored by Hannity, I assume?)

Image
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11751
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:58 pm

jetero wrote:
What meeting were you watching?! (Something doctored by Hannity, I assume?)

Image


No I watched it live and loved how Feinstein tried to get Trump to do DACA alone and with no concessions like securing the border and McCarthy shut her down.

She doesn't want to give anything and Trump is willing to negotiate. Same story. Open borders has been rejected its about time she saw that.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7844
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:59 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
salttee wrote:

Feinstein gets an attaboy and two gold stars for this, Grassley wanted this hushed up.


She needs it after her horrible performance at the DACA meeting.

This is the second time (I have seen) you bring up DACA where it doesn't matter and is not the topic being discussed, why?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
wingman
Posts: 3385
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:01 pm

NIK's coming off like a lapdog these days, and not a very bright one at that. Not uncommon for people watching 12 hrs if Fox News per day and regurgitating their endless cycle of bullshit. He sounds like Trump (I can spell "DACA" on one tiny hand, so easy to tweet!).
 
jetero
Posts: 3374
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:01 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:
What meeting were you watching?! (Something doctored by Hannity, I assume?)

Image


No I watched it live and loved how Feinstein tried to get Trump to do DACA alone and with no concessions like securing the border and McCarthy shut her down.

She doesn't want to give anything and Trump is willing to negotiate. Same story. Open borders has been rejected its about time she saw that.


So she essentially pulled a fast one on President Dunderhead and got him to accept something that was against his stated position, forcing a lowly Congressman to jolt said President Dunderhead’s memory as to what he supposedly “wants” and proving Dunderhead’s dunderheadedness.

Yeah, that performance was truly frightful. But not by Feinstein.
 
apodino
Posts: 3274
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:07 pm

Just for the record, this action by Feinstein was also endorsed by John Cornyn, who is Mitch McConnel's right hand man in the senate. So there is bipartisan support for this.

That being said, people who know more about this investigation that this testimony that was released are arguing that by releasing this transcript, the entire investigation is in jeopardy and witnesses that should come forward are now going to stay silent. I don't know all the facts that this committee has, and I also think its prudent to let the investigation play out. Releasing a transcript without telling all the facts is just leading to more partisan spin by both sides, which is actually suspicious in itself. I do know two things. One is that the fact that someone may have been dead in relation to this is very scary and really needs to be looked at closely. Secondly, Dianne Feinstein has a history of endangering investigations with press releases. Back when she was mayor of San Francisco, she revealed a key piece of forensic evidence that police were withholding from the public in the Night Stalker case, and very nearly ruined the entire case by doing so. Not saying that is true here, but I felt it was worth mentioning.
 
jetero
Posts: 3374
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:47 pm

apodino wrote:
Just for the record, this action by Feinstein was also endorsed by John Cornyn, who is Mitch McConnel's right hand man in the senate. So there is bipartisan support for this.


An important and heartening point, indeed.

apodino wrote:
That being said, people who know more about this investigation that this testimony that was released are arguing that by releasing this transcript, the entire investigation is in jeopardy and witnesses that should come forward are now going to stay silent. I don't know all the facts that this committee has, and I also think its prudent to let the investigation play out. Releasing a transcript without telling all the facts is just leading to more partisan spin by both sides, which is actually suspicious in itself. I do know two things. One is that the fact that someone may have been dead in relation to this is very scary and really needs to be looked at closely. Secondly, Dianne Feinstein has a history of endangering investigations with press releases. Back when she was mayor of San Francisco, she revealed a key piece of forensic evidence that police were withholding from the public in the Night Stalker case, and very nearly ruined the entire case by doing so. Not saying that is true here, but I felt it was worth mentioning.


I think going back to the 1970s and implying that she has a "history of endangering investigations with press releases" in the absence of other examples is a bit of a stretch. (I appreciate your last statement giving her the benefit of the doubt.) She probably been sitting on plenty for a while and she has been forthright in, as Trump cites, stating publicly she has seen no evidence of collusion.

I've said it several times before, I highly doubt Trump directed any sort of collusion with Russia because I just don't think he's smart enough or even wired that way--he just loved the spectacle of it all. He probably doesn't even have a clue as to how much money he has allowed to be laundered, nevermind the consequences. If he did, well, I guess at the end of the day, he's just a modern-day mobster who happens to be President of the United States.
 
wingman
Posts: 3385
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:26 pm

In this particular context though, Feinstein's release of the transcript was preceded by months of much more damaging "leaks" by GOP Senators to Fox News that the dossier was all "a nothing burger". They've been leaking this shit for months while giving no one in the public any transparency into the actual proceedings. Now that's the the bullshit right there..only to be topped by Grassley ramming his own face up his ass on national television today by literally claiming that Feinstein's actions would impede further cooperation or testimony by key witnesses...AFTER HIS OWN PARTY DECIDED TO REFER CHARGES AGAINST THE DOSSIER AUTHOR!!!!!! Like that wouldn't dissuade willing cooperation and testimony down the road. I mean really, you have to be a medically classified off the charts moron to buy into this GOP bullshit. Total clowns, the Senators and the Fox News vegetables alike.

DACA, MAGA, CACA!
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11751
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Feinstein, releases transcript of testimony by Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:37 am

jetero wrote:

Yeah, that performance was truly frightful. But not by Feinstein.


The 19th is approaching quickly. Should be fun.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Airstud, anrec80, BN747, Google [Bot], jetero, LMP737, wingman and 45 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos