WarRI1
Topic Author

tRump exempts Oil Drilling in Florida

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:28 am

https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2018/01 ... nors-plea/

Imagine that, a key Republican State gets an exemption from Oil Drilling. The state of Florida which just happens to be a key state for tRump and Republicans has a unique ecology and coastline. These hypocritical liars and cheats as the article states leave themselves open to other states claiming the same and why should they not? You talk about hypocrisy, this is so typical of Republicans, just as the redistricting Republican plan in North Carolina which has also been declared unconstitutional by the Federal Judge shows the true nature of the far right agenda. Power at any cost. Their policy is lie,cheat and steal in their pursuit of such. A pathetic bunch.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Tugger

Re: tRump exempts Oil Drilling in Florida

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:47 am

And California?

Why not? It's coast is dollar-wise and tourism-wise as valuable. Great to know Trump is open to making exceptions.

(And don't worry, I know it is only political because California can effectively block any drilling for as long as is needed however as a "Republican open for business" Scott could not and risked either pissing off a majority in Floridians for allowing it or pissing off another majority for opposing a Trump promise which would affect his future campaign against Nelson),

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:02 am

Tugger wrote:
And California?

Why not? It's coast is dollar-wise and tourism-wise as valuable. Great to know Trump is open to making exceptions.

(And don't worry, I know it is only political because California can effectively block any drilling for as long as is needed however as a "Republican open for business" Scott could not and risked either pissing off a majority in Floridians for allowing it or pissing off another majority for opposing a Trump promise which would affect his future campaign against Nelson),

Tugg

Now that is a tough one, did they not vote Democratic? This has nothing to do with ecology or coastlines, this is nothing but a sham as is standard for Republicans these days, more than ever it seems.

NIKV69

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:16 am

WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2018/01/09/trump-administration-bars-oil-drilling-off-florida-after-governors-plea/

Imagine that, a key Republican State gets an exemption from Oil Drilling. The state of Florida which just happens to be a key state for tRump and Republicans has a unique ecology and coastline. These hypocritical liars and cheats as the article states leave themselves open to other states claiming the same and why should they not? You talk about hypocrisy, this is so typical of Republicans, just as the redistricting Republican plan in North Carolina which has also been declared unconstitutional by the Federal Judge shows the true nature of the far right agenda. Power at any cost. Their policy is lie,cheat and steal in their pursuit of such. A pathetic bunch.

So If Trump makes a great deal for the DACA kids then what? They sure as heck are not going to vote for him. What will the excuse be then?

Your overt hatred and partisanship is not helping.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

Tugger

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:29 am

NIKV69 wrote:
So If Trump makes a great deal for the DACA kids then what? They sure as heck are not going to vote for him. What will the excuse be then?

So you are stating that presidents should or should not only operate on who will vote for them?

That appears to be what you are calling for all presidents to do, publicly and obviously. (We all know politics play a role but normally there is a more even treatment.) Just curious what you will call for future presidents to do.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

casinterest

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 pm

Trump and his Administration are incompetent and lack integrity. This whole offshore drilling excemption for Florida shows it.
Every state has a business and Tourism relationship with their coast. Excepting Florida is nothing but a sham and highlights the lack of integrity in the Trump Administration. This is Pay to Play with Florida getting a special exemption. If Florida gets an exemption, every state should get one.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

wingman

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:46 pm

This administration is the saddest collection of scumbags in US history. What an absolute joke. I try to wrap my head around the sheer ignorance of wide open drilling off our coasts but the scumbaggery is so off the charts it becomes impossible to analyze in any rational manner. Then POS Trump sends his #1 Asshole for the environment (Christ, just writing that sentence is enough to choke on your own vomit), to meet his salad-tossing Florida Senator and in five minutes they waive his state off the list.

You know how I know this story blows the doors off of any remaining semblance of integrity or transparency in this White House? Fox News doesn't have the balls to even publish it on their website.

But let's talk about DACA.

jetero

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:58 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... cef32dce6d

Zinke said Tuesday that “Florida is obviously unique” and that the decision to remove the state came after meetings and discussion with Scott.

“Our tactic was [to] open everything up, then meet with the governors, meet with the stakeholders, so that when we shaped it, it was right,” he told reporters at a news conference Tuesday night.

----

When asked what caused the administration to change its position on Florida drilling, Zinke said bluntly, “The governor.”

jetero

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:01 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
https://www.adn.com/alaska-news/2018/01/09/trump-administration-bars-oil-drilling-off-florida-after-governors-plea/

So sorry Put-Upon Nikky V(ictim).

Maybe they would vote for him if he didn't make statement after statement revealing what he really feels about Latinos. From the Indiana judge to the border wall to the rapist comments, do you really think he deserves their vote? We're talking about continued displays of complete disregard for an individual's humanity, the common thread being their race.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:18 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Once again the word hate or hatred. That is so typical of people from the right, like fake news. Let me explain once again the difference. I do not hate anyone, I deplore and intensly dislike the big phoney and anyone of his ilk. I dislike anyone who endangers the well being of my country and our people, militarily, economically and enviromentally foremost. I will not even get into politically, that is quite apparent by my threads. Now let me reiterate what I have said over and over on here, do not screw with our country, our people, our institutions, our beliefs, our sexual, racial makeup to gratify and to enrich, yourself, along with your friends. I will intensly dislike, all who do. That is why I intensly dislike all politicians and corporations who I fought for many years of my working life. Are we clear on that , or will you contiue to follow your old trail of accusations about hatred as you have for too long. If and when I hate someone, I will be not as nice as this, and they will know it. It has not happened yet in my life, imagine that.

apodino

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:24 pm

Oil is one of those things where due to more fuel efficient vehicles and planes, as well as people adopting electric cars, green energy, and organic foods, I think its going to be less and less vital going forward, yet it seems like they want to drill more. I get the drilling part, because if we produce more and more of our own oil we don't have to import it from countries that don't like us. But at the same time, its one of those things where I think in the next 10-20 years will be less vital to our economy. Drilling isn't the answer. As good as the tax bill was, the ANWR provision in the bill made me sick, and it was simply put in there to buy Lisa Murkowski's vote.

As for what is going on here, it would seem to me that Trump really has no intention of opening drilling anywhere. The only groups left that would support drilling would be big oil, and possibly Labor Union's as they would see more union jobs created because of this. And the latter isn't going to start turning red anytime soon. I think what Trump is trying to do is pretend that he wants to drill and use it as a negotiating ploy during this year. It is why FL was cancelled. Its why NJ will be next, and the problem is the Blue states really arent in a mood to give in to Trump. This was not very well thought out, and I think isnt the way to go at all.

jetero

Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:55 pm

apodino wrote:
Oil is one of those things where due to more fuel efficient vehicles and planes, as well as people adopting electric cars, green energy, and organic foods, I think its going to be less and less vital going forward, yet it seems like they want to drill more. I get the drilling part, because if we produce more and more of our own oil we don't have to import it from countries that don't like us. But at the same time, its one of those things where I think in the next 10-20 years will be less vital to our economy. Drilling isn't the answer. As good as the tax bill was, the ANWR provision in the bill made me sick, and it was simply put in there to buy Lisa Murkowski's vote.

As for what is going on here, it would seem to me that Trump really has no intention of opening drilling anywhere. The only groups left that would support drilling would be big oil, and possibly Labor Union's as they would see more union jobs created because of this. And the latter isn't going to start turning red anytime soon. I think what Trump is trying to do is pretend that he wants to drill and use it as a negotiating ploy during this year. It is why FL was cancelled. Its why NJ will be next, and the problem is the Blue states really arent in a mood to give in to Trump. This was not very well thought out, and I think isnt the way to go at all.

If there were still a Respect button, I'd press it. I disagree with you re the tax bill being "good," but you are balanced enough to acknowledge things about it you don't like. (And I'm the first person to admit that my guttural reaction to the tax bill may be wrong. I just can't square the circle in my mind, however, with regard to what I think I know as an economist as to how it could possibly be good in the long run.)

These Trump threads are minefields, and I lay many mines myself because I just can't stand the "politics-as-sport" mentality where someone wins and the other guy loses. It's nice to have someone who can contribute sans viscera.

WarRI1
Topic Author

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:18 am

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2018 ... ption.html

And so it begins and tRump asked for it. May it continue.