CitizenJustin
Topic Author

Arpaio Running For Arizona Senate

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:59 pm

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... enate-seat

Here we go again. This adds to the list of daily horrors the news must report on.

Any thoughts on his chances?

Ken777

Re: Arpaio Running For Arizona Senate

Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:35 pm

There will probably be some fans who voted for him in hte past and see no problem with a convicted felon sitting in the Senate.

Just don't count on him getting the Hispanic vote.

DarkSnowyNight

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:23 pm

The next time I hear about that guy running for something it better be his life.
Much like a GE90, I'm a huge fan of Big Twins...

dmg626

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:26 pm

He’s a good man but at age 85, while fitting in with other fossils in Congress, is much too old and should just retire to the book and talk show circuit

LittleFokker

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:08 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
The next time I hear about that guy running for something it better be his life.

Correct

dmg626 wrote:
He’s a good man but at age 85, while fitting in with other fossils in Congress, is much too old and should just retire to the book and talk show circuit

He's not a good man, he's a hateful, racist old asshole who abused his authoritative power to run a torture chamber and patrol only the heavy Hispanic areas of Maricopa County. If we lived in a fair and just society, his crooked old ass should be spending the rest of his useless life in jail.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

MaverickM11

Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:35 pm

“Concentration camp” must poll really well with the GOP
E pur si muove -Galileo

CitizenJustin
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:08 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

Correct

dmg626 wrote:

He's not a good man, he's a hateful, racist old asshole who abused his authoritative power to run a torture chamber and patrol only the heavy Hispanic areas of Maricopa County. If we lived in a fair and just society, his crooked old ass should be spending the rest of his useless life in jail.

Here here

910A

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:35 pm

I doubt that he will actually follow through with submitting the official paperwork. The citizens of Maricopa County have seen his song and dance before, I'm think about running for Governor, President etc..Maricopa County is the largest county in Arizona, and he couldn't win re-election, so how in earth would he win in the Democrat leaning parts of the state, like Tucson and Flagstaff?

NIKV69

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:28 am

CitizenJustin wrote:
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/09/joe-arpaio-arizona-senate-seat

Here we go again. This adds to the list of daily horrors the news must report on.

They don't have to report on it since with candidates like Flake, Ward and Mcally he has zero chance and will probably not run in his current age and health. The media is just stroking this because they need people to call racists so they group the whole GOP as racist for the big push this mid term election.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!

ER757

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:35 am

LittleFokker wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

Correct

dmg626 wrote:

Don't hold back - tell us how you really feel :smile:

This sounds like Roy Moore 2.0

MaverickM11

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:54 am

NIKV69 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

They don't have to report on it since with candidates like Flake, Ward and Mcally he has zero chance and will probably not run in his current age and health. The media is just stroking this because they need people to call racists so they group the whole GOP as racist for the big push this mid term election.

Oh honey, no one is calling the GOP racist. Racist is so far back in the rear view mirror Dubya is looking like a smart, kind old President. We’ve moved on to how-white-supremacist-are-you with today’s GOP
E pur si muove -Galileo

WarRI1

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:51 am

What do these politicians and fools take us for,Morons???? :crackup:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

apodino

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:02 am

NIKV69 wrote:
CitizenJustin wrote:

I agree that the Democratic party is deliberately trying to make the GOP racist so they can keep the black vote, even though the democratic party itself has done very little for minorities in the last couple of decades.

That being said, Joe is very much running and said so himself. I didn't think he was a bad sheriff myself as he was one who was willing to actually enforce all the laws. But I thought some of the things he did were way over the top, particularly in the later years, and given the pardon and his age I would rather he not run. We need more youth in politics, not more fossils, and certainly not people who would be divisive as Arapaio would. Flake is not running again so I don't know why you mentioned him. Ward and McCally are the other two people, and honestly Arapaio being in the race splits the anti establishment primary vote between him and Ward. If everyone stays in the race, McCally would be my pick to win the primary, and if he does he probably wins the general as well. Not sure either of the other names could win the general.

McConnell would be wise to avoid getting involved in the primary here as well.

MaverickM11

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:22 am

apodino wrote:
I agree that the Democratic party is deliberately trying to make the GOP racist so they can keep the black vote, even though the democratic party itself has done very little for minorities in the last couple of decades.

While the second half of your statement may be true, the first half is laughable. The GOP needs zero help being racist--Moore, Arpaio, Sessions, Kobach, Trump, Miller, and the phalanx of white supremacists and outright nazis are not external creations--they were birthed from the GOP's loins decades in the making. Roy Moore and Joe Arpaio are just the next (il)logical step on the GOP road for lunatic racist old white men, and absolutely not outliers.
E pur si muove -Galileo

dmg626

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:35 am

LittleFokker wrote:
DarkSnowyNight wrote:

Correct

dmg626 wrote:

Sorry snowflakes but he did a great job as sheriff. What was the torture chamber ?

NIKV69

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:40 am

apodino wrote:

That being said, Joe is very much running and said so himself. I didn't think he was a bad sheriff myself as he was one who was willing to actually enforce all the laws. But I thought some of the things he did were way over the top, particularly in the later years, and given the pardon and his age I would rather he not run. We need more youth in politics, not more fossils, and certainly not people who would be divisive as Arapaio would. Flake is not running again so I don't know why you mentioned him. Ward and McCally are the other two people, and honestly Arapaio being in the race splits the anti establishment primary vote between him and Ward. If everyone stays in the race, McCally would be my pick to win the primary, and if he does he probably wins the general as well. Not sure either of the other names could win the general.

McConnell would be wise to avoid getting involved in the primary here as well.

Forgot about Flake and yes he was a good sheriff but he ended on a bad note and way too polarizing and old. I don't see him going too far and for the life of me can't understand why he needs this. I am backing Ward.

Aesma

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 am

How can someone be called a good cop/sheriff/LEO if they need a presidential pardon ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

ltbewr

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:54 am

I just hope the Republican Party leadership in AZ figures out some way to keep this racist jerk well away from the primaries.

salttee

Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:17 pm

Joe is turning this into an IQ test for Arizonians.

Arpaio doubles down on ‘birther’ claims against Obama as he launches Senate bid
In a Wednesday night interview with Chris Cuomo on CNN, Arpaio said there was “no doubt” Obama’s birth certificate is fake.

“We have the evidence,” he said. “I’m not going to go into all the details. It’s a phony document.”

He knows the electorate better than me. Are the bulk of Arizonians really stupid enough to make this a viable pitch?

dragon-wings

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:15 pm

salttee wrote:

In a Wednesday night interview with Chris Cuomo on CNN, Arpaio said there was “no doubt” Obama’s birth certificate is fake.

“We have the evidence,” he said. “I’m not going to go into all the details. It’s a phony document.”

Oh god, not this again! :banghead:
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano

BartSimpson

Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:00 pm

salttee wrote:

He knows the electorate better than me. Are the bulk of Arizonians really stupid enough to make this a viable pitch?

In totally unrelated news, Trump wants people who say "something that is false and defamatory about someone that person will have meaningful recourse in our courts."

(Source: https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/10/trump-wants-to-change-libel-law-experts-say-theres-nothing-he-can-do.html)

Would that make this guy the first person to receive two presidential pardons?

RyanairGuru

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:56 pm

I kind of hope he wins primary. Sure it means we have to sit trough 6 months of racially divisive vitriol in the general election, but it will make AZ an all-but-guaranteed Democratic pick up. It will be Roy Moore all over again, just this time in a state the Democrats have a chance of wining as opposed to Alabama.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

einsteinboricua

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:39 pm

salttee wrote:

Wait for him to win the primary first before asking if all Arizonans are stupid. First, AZ Republicans must elect him in the primary. If he loses and becomes yesterday's news, the seat could still stay red and prove that Arizonans are not "stupid".

All AZ Republicans ARE Arizonans but not all Arizonans are AZ Republicans.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

NIKV69

Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:43 pm

salttee wrote:

I think he is second behind McSally now and slightly ahead of Ward and his base support probably agrees with the Birther thing.

Ken777

Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:14 pm

Might be a good time to have a cartoon character of a plump Arpaio wearing only nice pink underpants.

Toss in a count of the number of Prisoners who have died under his care

Then ask if people really want a convicted felon for their Senator.

Then make sure all Dem ads against him use the plump cartoon character with pink underpants

ER757

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:47 pm

salttee wrote:

You know, I'd like to ask these birther morons a question - even if it was true, so what? Are you going to anull his presidency or something? Get over it. It's as bad as people who still say Gore beat Bush because of the Florida fiasco. Water under the bridge......

BN747

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:18 am

dmg626 wrote:
He’s a good man but at age 85...

A GOOD MAN????

WTF are you talking about?

His SWAT Team raided the wrong house, then burned it to the ground BUT not before forcing and escaping PUPPY back inside only to perish in it!!!

http://gawker.com/5836445/steven-seagal ... uppy-death

The manner in which you, Steven Segal and other disgusting supporters of this racist Bigot, 'select' your "Good Men"... harkens back to the 11th Century or there abouts...in
other words you contribute nothing good to an advancing sociey-

BN747
"Home of the Brave, made by the Slaves..Land of the Free, if you look like me.." T. Jefferson

tommy1808

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:03 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
apodino wrote:

While the second half of your statement may be true, the first half is laughable.

Why? Decent people turn their back on the GOP in large numbers, racists become a larger share of the GOP base, which drives even more decent people away.
They are making the GOP more racist ... by being non racist (well, or a ot less).
Basically just racists complaining that hiding becomes harder once you become the majority of the party...

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......