Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

flyingturtle
Topic Author

Dear America, we have our Trump, too

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:58 pm

Sebastian Kurz, 31 years old, is heading the Austrian government. He has tremendous experience, believe me.

His legal eggs-purrrt, justice minister Moser, just proposed to do away with laws that stifle freedom, entrepreneurship and everything else.

How to do that?

"Well, we'll ask companies which laws are the worst... and then we'll try to modernize them..."

No, this is just boogaboo for the stupid governments everywhere else.

Well, he just proposed to remove all laws that were enacted before the year 2000.

The penal law? I'll do an involuntary appropriation of wealth! I'm getting rich!

Aviation laws? I'm Captain with enough experience and knowledge, believe me!

Food safety? Oh, the bacteria in your food just prove that you're eating healthy food. You don't want dead food!

Civil law? Finally, I can marry my two goats, my humpback whale and my favourite wrestling champion!

Oh my.

https://kurier.at/politik/inland/ueberf ... 05.592.534

David

NIKV69

Re: Dear America, we have our Trump, too

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:19 pm

So your country elected someone who doesn't believe in open borders and you want us to support your mock not my president routine?

Interesting..

flyingturtle
Topic Author

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:23 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
So your country elected someone who doesn't believe in open borders and you want us to support your mock not my president routine?

Interesting..

Last time I checked, Europe is still not a country. If you've had paid attention to the other thread, you would have noticed I'm not Austrian, either.

And we don't believe in open borders anyway. We believe in protection for refugees. Thank you. The amount of refugees the U.S. ever had to endure pales in comparison. It's nice to be protected by two big oceans, isn't it?

David

KLDC10

Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:46 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Interesting..

Last time I checked, Europe is still not a country. If you've had paid attention to the other thread, you would have noticed I'm not Austrian, either.

And we don't believe in open borders anyway. We believe in protection for refugees. Thank you. The amount of refugees the U.S. ever had to endure pales in comparison. It's nice to be protected by two big oceans, isn't it?

David

But you wrote "we have our Trump, too", which implies that you are indeed Austrian, since Kurz is the Chancellor of Austria, not of Europe. I think this is where the confusion has arisen.

Europe would be protected too if European politicians had the guts to do so.