salttee
Topic Author
Posts: 2121
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:14 am

seahawk wrote:
blueflyer wrote:
seahawk wrote:
And considering the support he is seeing from large co-operations (bonus payments just in time for the tax break) it could turn out to be very hard to remove him before he did his second term.

I don't think the one-off bonuses are going to buy as much good will as you seem to think. Employees would much rather forgo the bonus and get a pay raise... Isn't it what Gary Cohn promised after all?


Human psychology works differently. You will have more positive memories of me giving you 1000$ once a year, than of me giving you 100$ each months. And more importantly the one time bonus payment will be more strongly connected to the tax cuts in the mind of his supporters this way. With the additional bonus that the form of it forms no basis for an ongoing entitlement in the future.

IMO blueflyer has it right. The bonus will be spent in two weeks and forgotten in two months. The only residual from that will be the hope/expectation for another bonus. A pay raise is tangible and ongoing.

In your example, at the end of a year the employee gets $1,200 from the raise, and only $1,000 from the bonus. Employees can do math and they know that a pay raise is forever.
 
seb146
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:59 am

seahawk wrote:
blueflyer wrote:
seahawk wrote:
And considering the support he is seeing from large co-operations (bonus payments just in time for the tax break) it could turn out to be very hard to remove him before he did his second term.

I don't think the one-off bonuses are going to buy as much good will as you seem to think. Employees would much rather forgo the bonus and get a pay raise... Isn't it what Gary Cohn promised after all?


Human psychology works differently. You will have more positive memories of me giving you 1000$ once a year, than of me giving you 100$ each months. And more importantly the one time bonus payment will be more strongly connected to the tax cuts in the mind of his supporters this way. With the additional bonus that the form of it forms no basis for an ongoing entitlement in the future.


Once a year? Who said it is once a year? You? Do you know something the rest of us don't?

Remember that Bush II handed out "free" (raised the deficit) money twice.

Which do you think is better:

Here is $1000. We probably will not give you any more. This is most likely a one time thing.

or:

Here is $5 an hour more for as long as you work here.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6392
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 am

I did not say it is better, I said that a one time big gift is a stronger memory than many small ones.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11670
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:41 am

jetero wrote:
come now, Nikky V, you're letting her off way too easy. She also colluded with the Russians, murdered Seth Rich (along with many others), torpedoed Bernie, and roasted the Libyan ambassador. And that certainly isn't "propaganda" to which you seem to be so sensitive.


I would think more Vince Foster than Seth Rich. As for Bernie there is more hard evidence that it was the DNC not Hillary.

seb146 wrote:
Because you righties and right wing media insisted there was a huge scandal behind it. There was not but you all insisted it was something.


I am not a righty and I am not from New Zealand, if you are going to engage me in dialogue can you at least remember? Now to your claim that Hillary installing hardware in her house whose only purpose is to hide her public info from oversight is nothing, all I can say is you are way out in the solar system. It just was more of her nefarious behavior that got her in trouble. Not some far right party you keep referring to as a way to explain away the crazy.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
ltbewr
Posts: 13231
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Trump is supposed to undergo an annual physical at a military hospital this week as usual practice of Presidents and to release the results of it shortly thereafter. Parts of the physical will include indirect checks on his mental state but unless something really stands out to require a follow up, it will not go any further and besides, he can, like any other person in our country, invoke his medical care rights and medical privacy rights (HIPAA) to decline to have any further tests done or to have info released to others and the public. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a serious heart condition, possibly some mental cognitive issues (his father had them), perhaps a sleep problem (apena or insomnia) that could explain some of his behaviors. Of course there is a part of me that would love the doctors to find something really bad in his mental or physical health that could invoke the 25th Amendment or resignation but that is morally wrong to wish for.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6254
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:42 pm

Ozair wrote:
None of the things you have mentioned would meet the clearly specified criteria for removal from office.

No, but it does merit questioning mental stability. And the 25th Amendment allows a cabinet, with the VP, to declare a president unable to discharge his powers (for whatever reason)...in other words, impeachment is not the only way to solve the issue.

The only problem is that it's not automatic: Congress must still vote on the issue by 2/3rds in each chamber, so party loyalty remains strong.

But are you telling me that if Trump were to actually order the killing of civilians who disagree with him you'd still leave him in office because "there's no criterion to remove him from office"?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
blueflyer
Posts: 3859
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 pm

seahawk wrote:
blueflyer wrote:
seahawk wrote:
And considering the support he is seeing from large co-operations (bonus payments just in time for the tax break) it could turn out to be very hard to remove him before he did his second term.

I don't think the one-off bonuses are going to buy as much good will as you seem to think. Employees would much rather forgo the bonus and get a pay raise... Isn't it what Gary Cohn promised after all?


Human psychology works differently. You will have more positive memories of me giving you 1000$ once a year, than of me giving you 100$ each months. And more importantly the one time bonus payment will be more strongly connected to the tax cuts in the mind of his supporters this way. With the additional bonus that the form of it forms no basis for an ongoing entitlement in the future.

It depends on the context.

I would agree that a large one-time bonus is more likely to be noticed and remembered positively than a marginal increase in net weekly income due to, say, a tax cut, especially among hourly employees who may not work the same number of hours from week to week.

It is highly unlikely an employer would silently grant an across-the-board pay increase, however. Quite the opposite, employers would want to make sure employees notice their generosity. And I put it to you that employees would remember just as well, and appreciate more, the department meeting or the company newsletter announcing a permanent rise in wages.

In this context, if Democrats have any competence, they will make sure workers remember they were promised pay increases, not bonuses when the Trump tax cuts are adopted.
MAGag
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6392
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:41 pm

Trump is very good at using psychology - the one time gift is getting the maximum impact - aka Presenter´s Paradox.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 6257
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:43 pm

seahawk wrote:
Trump is very good at using psychology - the one time gift is getting the maximum impact - aka Presenter´s Paradox.

Trump is just good at fooling stupid people.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 5430
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:46 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
...And the 25th Amendment allows a cabinet, with the VP, to declare a president unable to discharge his powers (for whatever reason)...in other words, impeachment is not the only way to solve the issue....


That would be the end of GOP and good for chastity lock manufacturers.
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:24 pm

seahawk wrote:
Cynicism no, that is basic democracy. Democracy depends on which topics are important to which group of voters. And I dare say that the grabbing of women is not high on the list of his supporters. This is as hard to understand as the fact that people have not turned away from him after reading his tweets.


seahawk wrote:
Human psychology works differently. You will have more positive memories of me giving you 1000$ once a year, than of me giving you 100$ each months. And more importantly the one time bonus payment will be more strongly connected to the tax cuts in the mind of his supporters this way. With the additional bonus that the form of it forms no basis for an ongoing entitlement in the future.


Seahawk, it seems you fancy yourself some sort of genius with some particularly keen, sui generis insight into how the human mind works, but I suspect you use this appearance as a cloak for your own personal views, as you never consider other perspectives from the same feigned academic/political scientist/psychological slant.

If your point is that Trump has supporters who will support him no matter what, you're preaching to the choir. At this point it's tantamount saying, "Well, even if you tell a KKK member that there's no genetic basis for claiming racial superiority, they'll still be racist." (Yeah, really? You think?) That is more or less the insight you add again and again and again and again to the discussion. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, buddy.

What seems to fail you, Ozair, and others in this and other threads is that the veracity of none of the above is up for debate. What is being remarked on is the absolute disgrace of it all. We're not questioning the legitimacy of the election. We're not advocating that he be involuntarily put in a straightjacket, ignore the Constitution, and put Hillary (someone most of us never had strong feelings of support for) into the Oval Office. Maybe your message is that the 20% of us that have as strong views against Trump (you know, we "Trump Derangement Syndrome Libtards") as those that support him just shut up and hibernate for 3 years, and, if our fears for national security, the economy, and the welfare of our fellow Americans are realized, well then SO BE IT . . . people knew what they were getting into, after all. (And, BTW, it'd be just as bad under someone else, probably even worse under that criminal b*tch HILLARY.)

As I said before, I think we've really hit a low in cynicism, relativism (without even a shred of meaningful attempt at gauging relative degree), and absolute resignation in the face of circumstances whose implications could be absolutely disastrous for the long-term health of this country and its 325 million citizens, if not the world.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9135
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:39 pm

There was a hard 20% against Obama too. You know, saying that he is was of Muslim faith from Kenya, and that Valerie Jarrett was an emissary from Iran, her country of birth. What we need to understand is it wasn't about Obama and his actions. It never was. That is just what the hard ends of the spectrum on the left and right do - they behave and talk like dummies, 100% of the time. And they come by it honestly!
Last edited by Flighty on Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:40 pm

seahawk wrote:
I think you will not like the next 7 years of Trump awesomeness.


I think you will not like the next 15 years of Trump/Pence awesomeness.

Saltee is not any better than Michael Savage, who, at least once on each of his programs, after Obama took office, announced, and heralded that Obama was unfit.... but to no avail.

I believe it is Saltee whose mental knuckles dragg across the floor, are merely echo chambers of what they are spoon fed by their 'Michael Savages' every news cycle...
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:59 pm

Flighty wrote:
There was a hard 20% against Obama too. You know, saying that he is was of Muslim faith from Kenya, and that Valerie Jarrett was an emissary from Iran, her country of birth. What we need to understand is it wasn't about Obama and his actions. It never was. That is just what the hard ends of the spectrum on the left and right do - they behave and talk like dummies, 100% of the time. And they come by it honestly!


Flighty wrote:
I think you will not like the next 15 years of Trump/Pence awesomeness.

Saltee is not any better than Michael Savage, who, at least once on each of his programs, after Obama took office, announced, and heralded that Obama was unfit.... but to no avail.

I believe it is Saltee whose mental knuckles dragg across the floor, are merely echo chambers of what they are spoon fed by their 'Michael Savages' every news cycle...


The Parade of Whatabout Relativists continues, without any inability to measure what constitutes the "same."

Whackos on the right baselessly said Obama was from Kenya and was a Muslim.

Countless reports from reputed media sources that people from within the White House and other branches of government question the President's mental state.

Those reports backed up repeatedly by a president who talks like a bumbling juvenile fool in interview after interview and tweets about Mika's face bleeding profusely at Mar-a-Lago because his feelings are hurt.

Yep, those situations are exactly the same.

What planet do you people live on?
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6392
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:02 pm

jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Cynicism no, that is basic democracy. Democracy depends on which topics are important to which group of voters. And I dare say that the grabbing of women is not high on the list of his supporters. This is as hard to understand as the fact that people have not turned away from him after reading his tweets.


seahawk wrote:
Human psychology works differently. You will have more positive memories of me giving you 1000$ once a year, than of me giving you 100$ each months. And more importantly the one time bonus payment will be more strongly connected to the tax cuts in the mind of his supporters this way. With the additional bonus that the form of it forms no basis for an ongoing entitlement in the future.


Seahawk, it seems you fancy yourself some sort of genius with some particularly keen, sui generis insight into how the human mind works, but I suspect you use this appearance as a cloak for your own personal views, as you never consider other perspectives from the same feigned academic/political scientist/psychological slant.

If your point is that Trump has supporters who will support him no matter what, you're preaching to the choir. At this point it's tantamount saying, "Well, even if you tell a KKK member that there's no genetic basis for claiming racial superiority, they'll still be racist." (Yeah, really? You think?) That is more or less the insight you add again and again and again and again to the discussion. Thanks for pointing out the obvious, buddy.

What seems to fail you, Ozair, and others in this and other threads is that the veracity of none of the above is up for debate. What is being remarked on is the absolute disgrace of it all. We're not questioning the legitimacy of the election. We're not advocating that he be involuntarily put in a straightjacket, ignore the Constitution, and put Hillary (someone most of us never had strong feelings of support for) into the Oval Office. Maybe your message is that the 20% of us that have as strong views against Trump (you know, we "Trump Derangement Syndrome Libtards") as those that support him just shut up and hibernate for 3 years, and, if our fears for national security, the economy, and the welfare of our fellow Americans are realized, well then SO BE IT . . . people knew what they were getting into, after all. (And, BTW, it'd be just as bad under someone else, probably even worse under that criminal b*tch HILLARY.)

As I said before, I think we've really hit a low in cynicism, relativism (without even a shred of meaningful attempt at gauging relative degree), and absolute resignation in the face of circumstances whose implications could be absolutely disastrous for the long-term health of this country and its 325 million citizens, if not the world.


I fully understand your position, but in the end one has to understand his own position. You can repeat over and over again how much Trump sucks and you will probably not convince one of his supporters to abandon him.
I am of the opinion that the team behind Trump is anything but stupid, in fact they are very clever. There is a lot of strategy and use of psychological principles behind his actions.
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:10 pm

seahawk wrote:
I fully understand your position, but in the end one has to understand his own position. You can repeat over and over again how much Trump sucks and you will probably not convince one of his supporters to abandon him.


And here's where you're wrong, Seahawk. Look at trends in his approval rating, and look at exit polling data in recent elections the slippage of people who voted for Trump who voted for a Democratic candidate. This is the problem with speaking in generalizations, seahawk. "I predict seven more years of Twitter awesomeness."

seahawk wrote:
I am of the opinion that the team behind Trump is anything but stupid, in fact they are very clever. There is a lot of strategy and use of psychological principles behind his actions.


They're following the fine tradition set by Rupert Murdoch, Roger Ailes, and their political spawnage. It is "clever" in the sense that it works for a very rigid subset of the population--I'll give you that. I don't think it will be a "clever" strategy for 2020.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9135
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:27 pm

Fortunately, the electorate consists of Americans. It makes an America First strategy quite politically feasible until the middle class has high wages like it used to. Then, we can definitely talk about other priorities. After a lot more progress has been made. No one in the world has been more generous than the American middle class. I think they need some time to heal.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6392
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:06 pm

jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
I fully understand your position, but in the end one has to understand his own position. You can repeat over and over again how much Trump sucks and you will probably not convince one of his supporters to abandon him.


And here's where you're wrong, Seahawk. Look at trends in his approval rating, and look at exit polling data in recent elections the slippage of people who voted for Trump who voted for a Democratic candidate. This is the problem with speaking in generalizations, seahawk. "I predict seven more years of Twitter awesomeness.".


I think people change their opinion because either they are put off by his action or are informed about the consequences of his decisions. Not so much from comparing Trump to Nero.
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:45 pm

seahawk wrote:
jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
I fully understand your position, but in the end one has to understand his own position. You can repeat over and over again how much Trump sucks and you will probably not convince one of his supporters to abandon him.


And here's where you're wrong, Seahawk. Look at trends in his approval rating, and look at exit polling data in recent elections the slippage of people who voted for Trump who voted for a Democratic candidate. This is the problem with speaking in generalizations, seahawk. "I predict seven more years of Twitter awesomeness.".


I think people change their opinion because either they are put off by his action or are informed about the consequences of his decisions. Not so much from comparing Trump to Nero.


I'm confused (as is admittedly often the case when it comes to you). Is your implicit position the trend of people being "put off by his action" will not only continue, but also reverse, thus making "7 more years of Twitter awesomeness" a foregone conclusion? We can't "repeat over and over again how much Trump sucks" (said nowhere in this thread), even though you acknowledge that people becoming "informed about the consequences of his decisions" (which has been discussed in this thread) may cause them to "change their opinion"?

Those are quite some mental gymnastics, seahawk.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 6254
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:02 pm

Flighty wrote:
Fortunately, the electorate consists of Americans. It makes an America First strategy quite politically feasible until the middle class has high wages like it used to. Then, we can definitely talk about other priorities. After a lot more progress has been made. No one in the world has been more generous than the American middle class. I think they need some time to heal.

I get where you're coming from, but this is true only for Congress.

For POTUS, the electorate is the states (unfortunately). The middle class of one state could be far better off than in another. Politicians like to say that the "middle class needs a break", but there may be one state where the middle class enjoys breaks and is thriving while in another state investment is lacking and no more breaks are to be found. If the middle class is in the right state, they have the benefit to swing an election either way; if not, their concerns are dismissed.

So to say that the electorate is Americans...I disagree. The electorate is only Americans in a handful of states whose allegiance is hard to pinpoint. Why would Utahans, for example, care about the revival of coal? Utah doesn't depend on coal exports. Ohioans in Appalachia, however, can swing hard enough to move the state either way.

Why would Washington state care about the revival of the automobile industry? Washington doesn't export cars. Folks in Michigan, however, would very much like their industry alive if it means they have a job to go to.

This would further explain why people are not completely sold on the tax reform package.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
slider
Posts: 6956
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2004 11:42 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:42 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Of course there is a part of me that would love the doctors to find something really bad in his mental or physical health that could invoke the 25th Amendment or resignation but that is morally wrong to wish for.



But you're wishing for it all the same...
 
seb146
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:52 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:
come now, Nikky V, you're letting her off way too easy. She also colluded with the Russians, murdered Seth Rich (along with many others), torpedoed Bernie, and roasted the Libyan ambassador. And that certainly isn't "propaganda" to which you seem to be so sensitive.


I would think more Vince Foster than Seth Rich. As for Bernie there is more hard evidence that it was the DNC not Hillary.

seb146 wrote:
Because you righties and right wing media insisted there was a huge scandal behind it. There was not but you all insisted it was something.


I am not a righty and I am not from New Zealand, if you are going to engage me in dialogue can you at least remember? Now to your claim that Hillary installing hardware in her house whose only purpose is to hide her public info from oversight is nothing, all I can say is you are way out in the solar system. It just was more of her nefarious behavior that got her in trouble. Not some far right party you keep referring to as a way to explain away the crazy.


As vigorously as you are defending the "president" I would say you are a rightie. Hillary handed over her server when she was asked to. She testified under oath when asked. How often has the "president" done any of that?

You righties accuse Democrats of being partisan against tRump but what about this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... /74323940/

Trey Gowdy altered Hillary's documents to make her look guilty of something. Anything. And you righties bought it hook. line, and sinker.

What was that about cheap swamp land in Florida?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6392
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:55 pm

jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
jetero wrote:

And here's where you're wrong, Seahawk. Look at trends in his approval rating, and look at exit polling data in recent elections the slippage of people who voted for Trump who voted for a Democratic candidate. This is the problem with speaking in generalizations, seahawk. "I predict seven more years of Twitter awesomeness.".


I think people change their opinion because either they are put off by his action or are informed about the consequences of his decisions. Not so much from comparing Trump to Nero.


I'm confused (as is admittedly often the case when it comes to you). Is your implicit position the trend of people being "put off by his action" will not only continue, but also reverse, thus making "7 more years of Twitter awesomeness" a foregone conclusion? We can't "repeat over and over again how much Trump sucks" (said nowhere in this thread), even though you acknowledge that people becoming "informed about the consequences of his decisions" (which has been discussed in this thread) may cause them to "change their opinion"?

Those are quite some mental gymnastics, seahawk.


Both is possible. Will the economy boom in 3 years? Who will the Democrats nominate? And you can repeat that you dislike Trump as often as you like, but I would not rule out the option that he gets a second term. Not because I would like it, but because it is simply possible.
 
seb146
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:57 pm

Remember when the "president" said he would be too busy to take time off for golf? That he would be working all day, every day?

http://www.woay.tv/i-wont-have-time-to- ... -vacation/

Well, not so much

http://trumpgolfcount.com
https://www.axios.com/scoop-trumps-secr ... 51840.html

He is giving himself more time daily for Fox "news" and Twitter and Big Macs. What a leader!
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:13 pm

seahawk wrote:
jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I think people change their opinion because either they are put off by his action or are informed about the consequences of his decisions. Not so much from comparing Trump to Nero.


I'm confused (as is admittedly often the case when it comes to you). Is your implicit position the trend of people being "put off by his action" will not only continue, but also reverse, thus making "7 more years of Twitter awesomeness" a foregone conclusion? We can't "repeat over and over again how much Trump sucks" (said nowhere in this thread), even though you acknowledge that people becoming "informed about the consequences of his decisions" (which has been discussed in this thread) may cause them to "change their opinion"?

Those are quite some mental gymnastics, seahawk.


Both is possible. Will the economy boom in 3 years? Who will the Democrats nominate? And you can repeat that you dislike Trump as often as you like, but I would not rule out the option that he gets a second term. Not because I would like it, but because it is simply possible.


OK, so now your message is "anything is possible"?

I'd say we're all in agreement on that, as I'd expect we'd all be on any speculative matter.

Which, again, brings into question the point of your other posts.
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:13 pm

seb146 wrote:
https://www.axios.com/scoop-trumps-secr ... 51840.html

He is giving himself more time daily for Fox "news" and Twitter and Big Macs. What a leader!


I wanted to post this.

According to Jonathan Swan of Axios, Trump's routine for (at least some days) was:

8 to 11 AM: Executive Time
11 AM: Arrival at the Oval Office, Intelligence Briefing
12:15: One hour of lunch, and Executive Time until 2 PM.

2 PM: Meeting with a foreign politician.

End of the day? At 4 PM.

And "Executive Time" is White-House-speak for watching TV, using Twitter and making phone calls.


David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2475
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:33 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I don't think the economy will be as bad as you think it will be in 3 years. It;s doing ok last 12 months.


The economy has been running on Obama era policies, let's see where we are at in 12-18 months.

NIKV69 wrote:
Trump is for fiscal responsibility and encouraging business to thrive.


If your idea of fiscal responsibility is running up the debt even more and a growing trade imbalance then yes, Trump is fiscally responsible. Of course a fiscally responsible person would not be flying down to Florida every weekend at $3m a pop......

NIKV69 wrote:

Yes if you really believe the Dems idea that he is going to be removed from office I have some cheap swamp land in Florida for sale.



He isn't going anywhere for 3 years

KLDC10 wrote:

"Reasoned opinion"?! How about "frothing vitriol"? Because that's all I see coming out of the mouth of the mainstream media and that libelous scoundrel Wolff.


It would be interesting to see if Trump did actually try and sue for liable, he loves to sue in business, he seems to think that will work the same way as the President....It's a dangerous can of worms for him to open.

seahawk wrote:

That is saying that in a booming economy every moron had a good chance to be re-elected. He will probably even get the money to built his stupid wall and his supporters will be ecstatic. Therefore and because of all the winning going on, I am expecting 7 more years of awesome twitter winning.


I have to agree with you on part of this, people vote with their pockets to a point, if the economy is still rocking and rolling in 2 1/2 years time things will get interesting
.[/quote]


seahawk wrote:
Do you believe his voters care about any women he grabbed?


Sad but true.
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:43 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
seb146 wrote:
https://www.axios.com/scoop-trumps-secr ... 51840.html

He is giving himself more time daily for Fox "news" and Twitter and Big Macs. What a leader!


I wanted to post this.

According to Jonathan Swan of Axios, Trump's routine for (at least some days) was:

8 to 11 AM: Executive Time
11 AM: Arrival at the Oval Office, Intelligence Briefing
12:15: One hour of lunch, and Executive Time until 2 PM.

2 PM: Meeting with a foreign politician.

End of the day? At 4 PM.

And "Executive Time" is White-House-speak for watching TV, using Twitter and making phone calls.


David


As much Faux News talk as there is about a "coup" to remove the President, the truth probably is that the country is being run by unelected technocrats like John Kelly and the like and that Trump is not likely involved in shaping major policy decisions--he just makes public statements as if he is, but even those are pretty damned naked in showing he has little grasp on any details or nuances.

Do people really think Trump provided any policy input whatsoever on the tax bill? His only contribution as far as I can tell was that he wanted to name it the "Cut, Cut, Cut Act." Do people really think Trump provided any policy input whatsoever on the many "repeal and replace" bills despite his masterful understanding of health policy? Have there be any public statements since taking office that demonstrate any real grasp on major policy issues? I'm sure people will be able to find a couple here and there, but when measured as a proportion of the other public statements about policy issues, I think you'll find they are certainly the exception, not the rule. ("We're going to build a big, beautiful wall and Mexico is going to pay for it" does not fill this bill, nor does, "We're going to pass a tax cut and it's going to be the biggest in history," nor does, "We're going to repeal and replace the horrible Obamacare . . . it's a disaster!") Not that I'm complaining . . .

I suspect many of our conservative friends fully realize this, DF included (he just finds it all entertaining), and are fully OK with it because they get to realize a right-of-center agenda while somehow holding on to the votes of people the policies won't help in any way, shape, or form.
 
Flighty
Posts: 9135
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 10:52 pm

jetero wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
seb146 wrote:
https://www.axios.com/scoop-trumps-secr ... 51840.html

He is giving himself more time daily for Fox "news" and Twitter and Big Macs. What a leader!


I wanted to post this.

According to Jonathan Swan of Axios, Trump's routine for (at least some days) was:

8 to 11 AM: Executive Time
11 AM: Arrival at the Oval Office, Intelligence Briefing
12:15: One hour of lunch, and Executive Time until 2 PM.

2 PM: Meeting with a foreign politician.

End of the day? At 4 PM.

And "Executive Time" is White-House-speak for watching TV, using Twitter and making phone calls.


David


As much Faux News talk as there is about a "coup" to remove the President, the truth probably is that the country is being run by unelected technocrats like John Kelly and the like and that Trump is not likely involved in shaping major policy decisions--he just makes public statements as if he is, but even those are pretty damned naked in showing he has little grasp on any details or nuances.

Do people really think Trump provided any policy input whatsoever on the tax bill? His only contribution as far as I can tell was that he wanted to name it the "Cut, Cut, Cut Act." Do people really think Trump provided any policy input whatsoever on the many "repeal and replace" bills despite his masterful understanding of health policy? Have there be any public statements since taking office that demonstrate any real grasp on major policy issues? I'm sure people will be able to find a couple here and there, but when measured as a proportion of the other public statements about policy issues, I think you'll find they are certainly the exception, not the rule. ("We're going to build a big, beautiful wall and Mexico is going to pay for it" does not fill this bill, nor does, "We're going to pass a tax cut and it's going to be the biggest in history," nor does, "We're going to repeal and replace the horrible Obamacare . . . it's a disaster!") Not that I'm complaining . . .

I suspect many of our conservative friends fully realize this, DF included (he just finds it all entertaining), and are fully OK with it because they get to realize a right-of-center agenda while somehow holding on to the votes of people the policies won't help in any way, shape, or form.


Yes, that is how it usually works. The executive conjures up broad themes. The executive hires and fires the people who implement the details according to the themes. Pretty much what an executive does. If he took time to "read the details" he would have to stop time and spend millions of hours doing it. Not possible. DT only has a few years to live, anyway.

It's important to understand what the job is and how to get it. DT enemies should work on it. Only, don't forget the middle class and small business this time.
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:02 pm

Flighty wrote:
Yes, that is how it usually works. The executive conjures up broad themes. The executive hires and fires the people who implement the details according to the themes. Pretty much what an executive does. If he took time to "read the details" he would have to stop time and spend millions of hours doing it. Not possible. DT only has a few years to live, anyway.


Flighty, you're absolutely right, but I don't think there's much evidence to indicate that is what is going on in the White House. At any point during the Obamacare debate, did he make any substantive public statements other than "Obamacare is a disaster," "repeal and replace," "greatest healthcare ever," etc., etc. Did we ever hear his policy views on what constituted any of those empty ideas? Go back to every other President in modern history--they had a broad thematic platform as you say, but were always able to articulate the key policy provisions they felt were needed to achieve those broad themes.

Flighty wrote:
It's important to understand what the job is and how to get it. DT enemies should work on it. Only, don't forget the middle class and small business this time.


I don't disagree with you at all, but I'd love to know what exactly the President has done to restore the middle class and small businesses. Generally the response is "tax cuts" and "got rid of regulations." Tax cuts I can at least get, although we have yet to see the long-term effects. ANWAR, offshore drilling, Muslim ban, DACA, border walls, etc., etc. ain't about small business, Flighty. If you just "feel better" because Trump is in office, why not just phrase it that way?
 
apodino
Posts: 3254
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:23 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
jetero wrote:
come now, Nikky V, you're letting her off way too easy. She also colluded with the Russians, murdered Seth Rich (along with many others), torpedoed Bernie, and roasted the Libyan ambassador. And that certainly isn't "propaganda" to which you seem to be so sensitive.


I would think more Vince Foster than Seth Rich. As for Bernie there is more hard evidence that it was the DNC not Hillary.

seb146 wrote:
Because you righties and right wing media insisted there was a huge scandal behind it. There was not but you all insisted it was something.


I am not a righty and I am not from New Zealand, if you are going to engage me in dialogue can you at least remember? Now to your claim that Hillary installing hardware in her house whose only purpose is to hide her public info from oversight is nothing, all I can say is you are way out in the solar system. It just was more of her nefarious behavior that got her in trouble. Not some far right party you keep referring to as a way to explain away the crazy.


As vigorously as you are defending the "president" I would say you are a rightie. Hillary handed over her server when she was asked to. She testified under oath when asked. How often has the "president" done any of that?

You righties accuse Democrats of being partisan against tRump but what about this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... /74323940/

Trey Gowdy altered Hillary's documents to make her look guilty of something. Anything. And you righties bought it hook. line, and sinker.

What was that about cheap swamp land in Florida?

Seb, nothing that the FBI looked at in their investigation had anything to do with documents that Gowdy may or may not have altered. IMO, based solely on the evidence that Comey outlined in the press conference last summer, I do believe there was sufficient evidence there to prove that Hillary Clinton was guilty of gross negligence. This is not based on listening to Fox News, or Breitbart, or some other right wing news outlet, but simply based on the facts presented by Comey. I have seen people convicted of less serious charges with less evidence than what Comey presented in that press conference. Even if it wasnt criminal, I would have had a hard time trusting someone who was careless with classified information not only having further access to said information, but also controlling the nuclear codes. I also have a hard time trusting someone as unpredictable as the current occupant of the White House with classified information and the Nuclear codes.


As unpredictable as Trump is, I dont believe he has done anything impeachable, and to threaten impeachment in this particular situation just because you dont like the guy in office to me spits in the face of the electorate so soon. If Mueller does prove something in the Russia investigation, then thats a different story. (IMO, conservatives need to shut their mouth on this and let Mueller do his job because IMO some of the accusations against him threaten his impartiality and the integrity of the investigation, especially if nothing is found) But if not, let the chips fall where they may.

I do hope though that voters vote with logic and reason this election season, and dont go to the polls "on tilt". Voters on Tilt tend to elect whacko politicians, and over the years we have seen too many of those.
And I pray that the parties give us good candidates to vote for. Increasingly, this seems out of reach.
 
Ozair
Posts: 2362
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2005 8:38 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:58 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
No, but it does merit questioning mental stability. And the 25th Amendment allows a cabinet, with the VP, to declare a president unable to discharge his powers (for whatever reason)...in other words, impeachment is not the only way to solve the issue.

The only problem is that it's not automatic: Congress must still vote on the issue by 2/3rds in each chamber, so party loyalty remains strong.

That was and is not the intent nor interpretation of the 25th amendment. You would require a significant decision or issue occur that would allow the VP, and congress, to make that move. I don't see that yet. If he attempts to first strike nuke NK then sure but until we get an event of significant magnitude then the 25th is not applicable.

einsteinboricua wrote:
But are you telling me that if Trump were to actually order the killing of civilians who disagree with him you'd still leave him in office because "there's no criterion to remove him from office"?

LOL, no I didn't bother responding to the rather extreme example of killing people. In the unlikely event that this occurs there is of course justification of an alleged serious crime and the President can be removed from office via the impeachment process.
 
salttee
Topic Author
Posts: 2121
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:10 am

apodino wrote:
to threaten impeachment in this particular situation just because you dont like the guy in office to me spits in the face of the electorate so soon

It's not a matter of just not liking the guy. Trump is utterly unethical as he has demonstrated a thousand ways both before and after taking office. His most salient attribute is greed, followed up by bigotry and small mindedness; one of his best friends in life was Roy Cohn, a man who was the personification of evil and injustice his entire miserable lifetime, and a man who was proud of that distinction.
Trump's play on gossip, divisiveness, populist revisionism and treason to get elected has done serious and lasting damage to the country that many of us have loved.
He is the man who still tries to sell the idea that Barrack Obama is a Muslim who was born in Africa to the uneducated masses.

And apodino, there is not an ounce of exaggeration or hyperbole in the above.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 11037
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:01 am

seahawk wrote:
blueflyer wrote:
seahawk wrote:
And considering the support he is seeing from large co-operations (bonus payments just in time for the tax break) it could turn out to be very hard to remove him before he did his second term.

I don't think the one-off bonuses are going to buy as much good will as you seem to think. Employees would much rather forgo the bonus and get a pay raise... Isn't it what Gary Cohn promised after all?


Human psychology works differently. You will have more positive memories of me giving you 1000$ once a year, than of me giving you 100$ each months. And more importantly the one time bonus payment will be more strongly connected to the tax cuts in the mind of his supporters this way. With the additional bonus that the form of it forms no basis for an ongoing entitlement in the future.



Can you give us a count of these benificent corporations who gave out these mind bending 1000 dollar bonus's which will make these underpaid employee's forever gratefu? Even better, can you provide a dollar amount from the bonus give away., It would be interesting to see how much was given away by the Republicans tax breaks and how much actually was returned in a bonus for a few thousand employees. Do you think it might favor the business sector just a bit more? Is one foolish enough to think that it will be an annual bonus program?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
seb146
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:59 am

apodino wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

I would think more Vince Foster than Seth Rich. As for Bernie there is more hard evidence that it was the DNC not Hillary.



I am not a righty and I am not from New Zealand, if you are going to engage me in dialogue can you at least remember? Now to your claim that Hillary installing hardware in her house whose only purpose is to hide her public info from oversight is nothing, all I can say is you are way out in the solar system. It just was more of her nefarious behavior that got her in trouble. Not some far right party you keep referring to as a way to explain away the crazy.


As vigorously as you are defending the "president" I would say you are a rightie. Hillary handed over her server when she was asked to. She testified under oath when asked. How often has the "president" done any of that?

You righties accuse Democrats of being partisan against tRump but what about this

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/ ... /74323940/

Trey Gowdy altered Hillary's documents to make her look guilty of something. Anything. And you righties bought it hook. line, and sinker.

What was that about cheap swamp land in Florida?

Seb, nothing that the FBI looked at in their investigation had anything to do with documents that Gowdy may or may not have altered.


Gowdy altered (redacted) documents. Hillary used a private server. Which is worse? Consider that Hillary admitted to and apologized for doing what two other Secretaries of State did. I want to know how she is not trustworthy when she admitted and apologized for what she had been investigated for? Did Gowdy or tRump do the same?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 6392
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:56 am

WarRI1 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
blueflyer wrote:
I don't think the one-off bonuses are going to buy as much good will as you seem to think. Employees would much rather forgo the bonus and get a pay raise... Isn't it what Gary Cohn promised after all?


Human psychology works differently. You will have more positive memories of me giving you 1000$ once a year, than of me giving you 100$ each months. And more importantly the one time bonus payment will be more strongly connected to the tax cuts in the mind of his supporters this way. With the additional bonus that the form of it forms no basis for an ongoing entitlement in the future.



Can you give us a count of these benificent corporations who gave out these mind bending 1000 dollar bonus's which will make these underpaid employee's forever gratefu? Even better, can you provide a dollar amount from the bonus give away., It would be interesting to see how much was given away by the Republicans tax breaks and how much actually was returned in a bonus for a few thousand employees. Do you think it might favor the business sector just a bit more? Is one foolish enough to think that it will be an annual bonus program?


I think I might made my point not clearly. I am not thinking the 1000$ bonus is really that great, but I do believe that it still is aiming at the psychological effect I mentioned.

jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
jetero wrote:

I'm confused (as is admittedly often the case when it comes to you). Is your implicit position the trend of people being "put off by his action" will not only continue, but also reverse, thus making "7 more years of Twitter awesomeness" a foregone conclusion? We can't "repeat over and over again how much Trump sucks" (said nowhere in this thread), even though you acknowledge that people becoming "informed about the consequences of his decisions" (which has been discussed in this thread) may cause them to "change their opinion"?

Those are quite some mental gymnastics, seahawk.


Both is possible. Will the economy boom in 3 years? Who will the Democrats nominate? And you can repeat that you dislike Trump as often as you like, but I would not rule out the option that he gets a second term. Not because I would like it, but because it is simply possible.


OK, so now your message is "anything is possible"?

I'd say we're all in agreement on that, as I'd expect we'd all be on any speculative matter.

Which, again, brings into question the point of your other posts.


In the case of the threat, the point was to point out that Trump might get a second term. Even if one does not like him, one should be prepared for this to happen.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:59 am

salttee wrote:
apodino wrote:
to threaten impeachment in this particular situation just because you dont like the guy in office to me spits in the face of the electorate so soon

It's not a matter of just not liking the guy. Trump is utterly unethical as he has demonstrated a thousand ways both before and after taking office. His most salient attribute is greed, followed up by bigotry and small mindedness; one of his best friends in life was Roy Cohn, a man who was the personification of evil and injustice his entire miserable lifetime, and a man who was proud of that distinction.
Trump's play on gossip, divisiveness, populist revisionism and treason to get elected has done serious and lasting damage to the country that many of us have loved.
He is the man who still tries to sell the idea that Barrack Obama is a Muslim who was born in Africa to the uneducated masses.

And apodino, there is not an ounce of exaggeration or hyperbole in the above.


Trump supporters are not interested in who Trump *was*!!!!!!!!!!!

We look at the positive results that have happened since his election.

But your obsession to complain about the "sausage is made" gives me thought to ridicule.

But, I've got better things to do.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
seb146
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:15 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:
apodino wrote:
to threaten impeachment in this particular situation just because you dont like the guy in office to me spits in the face of the electorate so soon

It's not a matter of just not liking the guy. Trump is utterly unethical as he has demonstrated a thousand ways both before and after taking office. His most salient attribute is greed, followed up by bigotry and small mindedness; one of his best friends in life was Roy Cohn, a man who was the personification of evil and injustice his entire miserable lifetime, and a man who was proud of that distinction.
Trump's play on gossip, divisiveness, populist revisionism and treason to get elected has done serious and lasting damage to the country that many of us have loved.
He is the man who still tries to sell the idea that Barrack Obama is a Muslim who was born in Africa to the uneducated masses.

And apodino, there is not an ounce of exaggeration or hyperbole in the above.


Trump supporters are not interested in who Trump *was*!!!!!!!!!!!

We look at the positive results that have happened since his election.

But your obsession to complain about the "sausage is made" gives me thought to ridicule.

But, I've got better things to do.


What positive results? Ending affordable health care? Ending environmental protections? Ending a path to citizenship for those who want it? Racists being able to be open? Hate? Greed? Just like the Good Book talks about. Those "positive results?"
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:22 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
But your obsession to complain about the "sausage is made" gives me thought to ridicule.


Of course it does. Apparently, the end justifies the means. And anyone who disagrees deserves ridicule. I appreciate your forthrightness.
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:37 pm

seahawk wrote:
In the case of the threat, the point was to point out that Trump might get a second term. Even if one does not like him, one should be prepared for this to happen.


Image
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:41 pm

Bozo doesn't know the words to our GREAT NATIONAL ANTHEM. VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... bling.html

(I chose the Daily Mail's version instead of Fake News CNN, but I doubt that'll make a difference with most.)
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1389
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:58 pm

seb146 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:
It's not a matter of just not liking the guy. Trump is utterly unethical as he has demonstrated a thousand ways both before and after taking office. His most salient attribute is greed, followed up by bigotry and small mindedness; one of his best friends in life was Roy Cohn, a man who was the personification of evil and injustice his entire miserable lifetime, and a man who was proud of that distinction.
Trump's play on gossip, divisiveness, populist revisionism and treason to get elected has done serious and lasting damage to the country that many of us have loved.
He is the man who still tries to sell the idea that Barrack Obama is a Muslim who was born in Africa to the uneducated masses.

And apodino, there is not an ounce of exaggeration or hyperbole in the above.


Trump supporters are not interested in who Trump *was*!!!!!!!!!!!

We look at the positive results that have happened since his election.

But your obsession to complain about the "sausage is made" gives me thought to ridicule.

But, I've got better things to do.


What positive results? Ending affordable health care? Ending environmental protections? Ending a path to citizenship for those who want it? Racists being able to be open? Hate? Greed? Just like the Good Book talks about. Those "positive results?"


Ending Affordable Health Care? Tell me Seb what part of the ACA in any way shape or form is "Affordable"? Keep your own doctor? Remember that? Ending a path to citizenship? For whom? DACA? That is still in the works as far as I know. If it's the Haitians or Hondurans you are talking about that are here on the temporary stay after their earthquakes what part of "temporary" do you not all understand? is 14 years not enough? Racists being open? Again where? you progressives throw the race card around so much it's hard to distinguish what is true racism and what isn't. And greed? Ok that one I will give you there is plenty of greed in Washington on both sides of the aisle. Notice all the politicians that get elected to office and how much wealth they had before they came and after they left. So far Trump is the only one who came in with more than he has now. The Clintons sure racked up a fortune as did the Obamas. Guess time will tell to see where Trump will be at.
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5353
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:34 pm

stratosphere wrote:
what part of the ACA in any way shape or form is "Affordable"?


The problem with US healthcare is that it works perfectly well. Just not for the patient. There is still a huge resistance towards making healthcare affordable.

For example, hospitals basically live off their marketing. Insurances contract with them based on information the insured persons don't have access to. How are relapse rates? How is quality of care? Zilch, nothing. It's a business secret.

And if you're not forced to disclose information, you'll use it to your benefit.

Even in the second-most expensive healthcare system of the world, my home, Switzerland, we don't have a 1:1 ratio of billing clerks and hospital beds. Most people have the same insurance plan, which is defined by the federal healthcare law, and what is covered (and what not) is defined on a single sheet of paper.

The problem with any insurance plan is that you have to make the zero- and low-risk customers pay into the system. Otherwise, premiums will stay high, and the insurance plan attracts only the high-risk customers. That's how the market works. So you have to design the market out of the insurance market, and make it mandatory.

And guess what, two of my friends were diagnosed with cancer in December. They are even younger than myself. None of them are smoking or overweight. Nobody would have said they were high-risk in any way. But luckily for them, healthcare insurance is mandatory.


David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.
 
bagoldex
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:02 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Tell me Seb what part of the ACA in any way shape or form is "Affordable"?


There used to be a time when the Republicans stood for personal responsibility. Can't afford that house? Work harder. Can't afford that vacation? Work harder. Can't afford your healthcare because people in your own party undermined it at the state level? I'm glad to hear it but work harder.
 
seb146
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:46 pm

stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Trump supporters are not interested in who Trump *was*!!!!!!!!!!!

We look at the positive results that have happened since his election.

But your obsession to complain about the "sausage is made" gives me thought to ridicule.

But, I've got better things to do.


What positive results? Ending affordable health care? Ending environmental protections? Ending a path to citizenship for those who want it? Racists being able to be open? Hate? Greed? Just like the Good Book talks about. Those "positive results?"


Ending Affordable Health Care? Tell me Seb what part of the ACA in any way shape or form is "Affordable"? Keep your own doctor? Remember that? Ending a path to citizenship? For whom? DACA? That is still in the works as far as I know. If it's the Haitians or Hondurans you are talking about that are here on the temporary stay after their earthquakes what part of "temporary" do you not all understand? is 14 years not enough? Racists being open? Again where? you progressives throw the race card around so much it's hard to distinguish what is true racism and what isn't. And greed? Ok that one I will give you there is plenty of greed in Washington on both sides of the aisle. Notice all the politicians that get elected to office and how much wealth they had before they came and after they left. So far Trump is the only one who came in with more than he has now. The Clintons sure racked up a fortune as did the Obamas. Guess time will tell to see where Trump will be at.


Your summation shows the disconnect the right has with history.

Because of ACA/Obamacare, people have been able to afford health care. The current administration is trying desperately to end DACA, which was very well received under Bush II and revived under Obama. Racists being open? You honestly do not remember Charlottesville? The whole right wing outrage over Confederate statues and the ensuing history lesson as to why they were put up in the first place? Neo Nazi rallies for Republicans and dear leader? You honestly do not remember any of that? Yes the race card is played because, guess what? The Republican party is supported by racists.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 1258
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:09 pm

seb146 wrote:
The Republican party is supported by racists.


The Democratic Party is supported by _______ ( something equally bad as racists).

I'll leave it to the rest of you to fill in those blanks... :rotfl:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15388
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:24 pm

jetero wrote:
Bozo doesn't know the words to our GREAT NATIONAL ANTHEM. VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... bling.html

(I chose the Daily Mail's version instead of Fake News CNN, but I doubt that'll make a difference with most.)


He was jiggling around like he was desperate for a pee. I know he has the attention span of a goldfish (and that's probably an insult to goldfish), but can't he even stand still?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
jetero
Posts: 2552
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:40 pm

scbriml wrote:
jetero wrote:
Bozo doesn't know the words to our GREAT NATIONAL ANTHEM. VERY DISRESPECTFUL!!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... bling.html

(I chose the Daily Mail's version instead of Fake News CNN, but I doubt that'll make a difference with most.)


He was jiggling around like he was desperate for a pee. I know he has the attention span of a goldfish (and that's probably an insult to goldfish), but can't he even stand still?


The coming weeks, as Trump overcompensates to demonstrate what a "very stable genius" he is, will only continue to backfire.

In the currently being televised Cabinet meeting, the guy is, very transparently, a bumbling fool. Going through his list of accomplishments again (bigger, better, faster, great reviews!) and he is now claiming that he got letters from all the news anchors as to how yesterday's border security meeting was the greatest in history. He remarked how regretful they must be for sending him those letters now that they've been told they have to be mean to Trump again.

Can't. Wait. To. See. Those. Letters.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11670
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:07 pm

seb146 wrote:


As vigorously as you are defending the "president" I would say you are a rightie.


You call anyone that doesn't agree with open border high tax mantra that. You don't even understand what a righty, lefty or centrist is. Again why Obama voiters in key states abandoned you and voted in someone else besides Hillary.


seb146 wrote:
Hillary handed over her server when she was asked to. She testified under oath when asked. How often has the "president" done any of that?



She had to hand it over and testify she couldn't refuse. Why should the president? Is he hiding his stuff on a private server?
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
seb146
Posts: 16254
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:07 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:


As vigorously as you are defending the "president" I would say you are a rightie.


You call anyone that doesn't agree with open border high tax mantra that. You don't even understand what a righty, lefty or centrist is. Again why Obama voiters in key states abandoned you and voted in someone else besides Hillary.


seb146 wrote:
Hillary handed over her server when she was asked to. She testified under oath when asked. How often has the "president" done any of that?



She had to hand it over and testify she couldn't refuse. Why should the president? Is he hiding his stuff on a private server?


Every single post you have made was anti-Obama and anti-Democrat. Party ahead of country. As long as Obama is erased from history, that is all that counts. Obama was the worst because right wing sites say he was. That makes you a rightie.

And, yes, Hillary did hand over her servers and files. She did not scream "FAKE NEWS!!!" for all the YEARS she was attacked as a horrible person. She gave in and did EXACTLY what you righties wanted. Personal responsibility, you know. She owned up to everything she did. And more. But she is evil but the "president" does the opposite and he is the best thing ever? What the actual....are you smoking and where can I get some? I want to be as disconnected as you righties!
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BartSimpson, cougar15, dik909, JJJ, Moose135 and 15 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos