seb146

Re: The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:11 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
seb146 wrote:
The Republican party is supported by racists.

The Democratic Party is supported by _______ ( something equally bad as racists).

I'll leave it to the rest of you to fill in those blanks... :rotfl:

Please tell us. You seem to know what Democrats are thinking. What is worse than racists? American-Muslims? American-Mexicans? American-Blacks? American Women? American Gays? Isn't it terrible that Democrats want equality for all instead of JUST White Christian Heterosexuals? How dare Democrats wanting equality for all! /sarcasm
You bet I'm pumped!!! I just had a green tea!!!

jetero

Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:31 am

seb146 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
seb146 wrote:
The Republican party is supported by racists.

The Democratic Party is supported by _______ ( something equally bad as racists).

Please tell us. You seem to know what Democrats are thinking. What is worse than racists? American-Muslims? American-Mexicans? American-Blacks? American Women? American Gays? Isn't it terrible that Democrats want equality for all instead of JUST White Christian Heterosexuals? How dare Democrats wanting equality for all! /sarcasm

DF is a provocateur who gets his rocks off based on our reaction. I guess that’s the definition of a “troll” at the end of the day. I just apologize on behalf of the entire State of Texas that he lives here.

seb146

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:43 am

jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

DF is a provocateur who gets his rocks off based on our reaction. I guess that’s the definition of a “troll” at the end of the day. I just apologize on behalf of the entire State of Texas that he lives here.

meh...

There are parts of Texas that are more like the United States and other parts that are stereotypical Confederate South. I suspect that s/he lives there rather than the United States part of Texas.

There are people who cling to "I am right because Fox and AM radio and the Bible says so" and those who say "I have this opinion because I have read things." There is a huge difference that applies to individuals and not states. I have met both types of people everywhere.

jetero

Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:50 am

seb146 wrote:
jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:

meh...

There are parts of Texas that are more like the United States and other parts that are stereotypical Confederate South. I suspect that s/he lives there rather than the United States part of Texas.

There are people who cling to "I am right because Fox and AM radio and the Bible says so" and those who say "I have this opinion because I have read things." There is a huge difference that applies to individuals and not states. I have met both types of people everywhere.

Podunk Texas is probably way more accepting than podunk Oregon (if I remember where you grew up). Hate our politicians, but don’t hate our state. It’s a great place!

(Which is why I feel the need to apologize for DF and DFWRevolution all the time...)

stratosphere

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:14 pm

ltbewr wrote:
Trump is supposed to undergo an annual physical at a military hospital this week as usual practice of Presidents and to release the results of it shortly thereafter. Parts of the physical will include indirect checks on his mental state but unless something really stands out to require a follow up, it will not go any further and besides, he can, like any other person in our country, invoke his medical care rights and medical privacy rights (HIPAA) to decline to have any further tests done or to have info released to others and the public. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a serious heart condition, possibly some mental cognitive issues (his father had them), perhaps a sleep problem (apena or insomnia) that could explain some of his behaviors. Of course there is a part of me that would love the doctors to find something really bad in his mental or physical health that could invoke the 25th Amendment or resignation but that is morally wrong to wish for.

Yeah you got people running around with pink vagina hats and Trump is the one who is unfit? SMFH

jetero

Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:42 pm

stratosphere wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
Trump is supposed to undergo an annual physical at a military hospital this week as usual practice of Presidents and to release the results of it shortly thereafter. Parts of the physical will include indirect checks on his mental state but unless something really stands out to require a follow up, it will not go any further and besides, he can, like any other person in our country, invoke his medical care rights and medical privacy rights (HIPAA) to decline to have any further tests done or to have info released to others and the public. I wouldn't be surprised if he has a serious heart condition, possibly some mental cognitive issues (his father had them), perhaps a sleep problem (apena or insomnia) that could explain some of his behaviors. Of course there is a part of me that would love the doctors to find something really bad in his mental or physical health that could invoke the 25th Amendment or resignation but that is morally wrong to wish for.

Yeah you got people running around with pink vagina hats and Trump is the one who is unfit? SMFH

Strato, buddy, get a friggin therapist.

It’ll all be OK.

ER757

Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:43 pm

As if this thread needed any more evidence, there was this little nugget today - can't wait to hear Sarah Huckabee Sanders spin this one:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-slams- ... 42865.html

Revelation

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:02 am

Too bad his immigrant grandfather isn't around to kick him in the ass.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has it's beaches, it's homeland and thoughts of it's own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own

seb146

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:52 am

jetero wrote:
seb146 wrote:
jetero wrote:

meh...

Podunk Texas is probably way more accepting than podunk Oregon (if I remember where you grew up). Hate our politicians, but don’t hate our state. It’s a great place!

(Which is why I feel the need to apologize for DF and DFWRevolution all the time...)

I think Podunk Oregon and Podunk Texas are fairly similar. I grew up gay in the 1980s in evangelical Oregon. That left a very huge impression on me. Then, I explored outside that world.

Just because someone lives someplace does not have anything to do with anything. There are progressives in every corner of Texas and Oregon. Just like there are conservatives, Communists, evangelicals, low information voters, righties, liberals.... the list goes on. I don't judge based on where someone is from. I judge based on how they treat others. Taking from the poor to give to the rich and making health care less affordable and less accessible is not a Christian value, IMO. Other so-called "Christians" will disagree.

casinterest

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:32 am

By the way, in case it was missed, Trump is not going to visit the UK.
He is managing to alienate our closest allies.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5322955/d ... ain-first/
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

GDB

Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:37 am

casinterest wrote:
By the way, in case it was missed, Trump is not going to visit the UK.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5322955/d ... ain-first/

Typical for that coward, with the usual cover story a fool could see through, with his claim he does not like the new embassy.
But the real villain of this piece is our useless PM who invited him in the first place.
He's about as welcome as a turd in a hot tub.
Officially it's still on for a later date, in reality over here they are hoping he won't be around much longer.

LMP737

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:47 am

GDB wrote:

Typical for that coward, with the usual cover story a fool could see through, with his claim he does not like the new embassy.
But the real villain of this piece is our useless PM who invited him in the first place.
Officially it's still on for a later date, in reality over here they are hoping he won't be around much longer.

Notice how he managed to blame Obama.

Like most bullies he's afraid of someone getting in his face and calling him out. Which I venture to guess is the real reason.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.

dtw2hyd

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Hope he is not watching CNN, not good for blood pressure numbers.

Bongodog1964

Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:43 pm

LMP737 wrote:
GDB wrote:

Like most bullies he's afraid of someone getting in his face and calling him out. Which I venture to guess is the real reason.

Yes, he's blaming Barack Obama for authorising the new embassy, the one that was authorised in 2008 by a president by the name of George Bush !!!

casinterest

Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:36 pm

Bongodog1964 wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
GDB wrote:

Yes, he's blaming Barack Obama for authorising the new embassy, the one that was authorised in 2008 by a president by the name of George Bush !!!

A major reason for which was for increased security.
Apparently Trump is against better security.

A link to an article from Oct 2, 2008

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/ ... state.html

Ambassador Robert Tuttle said security fears had played a major role in the decision to move but also the current embassy had reached its limits as an office building with a staff of 800.

"This has been a long and careful process," he said. "We looked at all our options, including renovation of our current building.

"In the end, we realised that the goal of a modern, secure and environmentally sustainable embassy could best be met by constructing a new facility.

"As the United Kingdom is our best friend and best ally, we wanted to be as close to parliament and government buildings as the current site and we have achieved that."

scbriml

Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:45 pm

casinterest wrote:

Actually, he's just made a lot of people in the UK very happy! :yes:

Bongodog1964 wrote:

#FakeNews Bad deal. Sad!

:wink2:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

BravoOne

Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:07 pm

Trump is typical NYjerk, but he is still bettter than the alternative and that is hard to argue with. He is right on with his immigration comments and hopefully he shuts ths door forever on a lot of these s hole countries.

salttee
Topic Author

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:27 pm

BravoOne wrote:
Trump is typical NYjerk, but he is still bettter than the alternative and that is hard to argue with.
Aside from your belief that she murdered Vince Foster along with all those diplomats with women and children in Benghazi, ran the giant ponzi scheme called The Clinton Foundation that defrauded so many New York stockbrokers, and that she stole the entire internet just for herself; what are your actual policy differences with Hillary?

BTW
I congratulate you on "typical NYjerk", it's so erudite and thoughtful.

bgm

Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:49 pm

BravoOne wrote:
hopefully he shuts ths door forever on a lot of these s hole countries.

You don't think your country is even in the slightest bit shitholyish?

I've seen worse poverty in some parts of the US than the countries your lovely president referenced. Always easier to blame external parties than to look to your own problems and faults.
When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat. - George Carlin

seahawk

Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:40 pm

The sad part is that with the words used any reasonable debate has been made impossible. I grant Trump a point, as he points out, that outside help is not lasting if the locals do not try to improve the conditions themselves and do not strive to need no help in the future. Too bad that this valid point was lost in ugly racist mumblings.

apodino

Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:38 pm

seahawk wrote:
The sad part is that with the words used any reasonable debate has been made impossible. I grant Trump a point, as he points out, that outside help is not lasting if the locals do not try to improve the conditions themselves and do not strive to need no help in the future. Too bad that this valid point was lost in ugly racist mumblings.

That is the saddest part. We don't have any respectful disagreements anymore. Everything is insults and hate. I see it here, and I see it from many elected politicians, Trump is just one example.

jetero

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:06 am

seahawk wrote:

I’m sorry, what?

“Outside help is not lasting if the locals do not try to improve the conditions themselves.”

That’s the Republican theory of poverty, put very succinctly (I.e., that it’s their fault that they have horrible government).

And you say the above while rueing the end of civil discourse?

I’ll speak your language and confirm your prejudices by saying you’re a friggin idiot.

How about for the next big reality show we put Seahawk, NoTime, DF, Nikky V, and my old friend pvjin in the middle of a Port-Au-Prince ghetto without running water, electricity, an education, etc etc etc and see how they pull their selves up by their bootstraps.

At the end of the day, that’s life. Some people have the bad luck of the draw to be born in such circumstances. Other people have a much better luck of the draw. Only Seahawk and his friends would take an already hopeless enough situation and then extend to them the burden of fixing their entire country’s political system!

(BTW that sounds like an opinion.)

DIRECTFLT

Re: The Increasing Fitness of Donald Trump

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:45 am

Doctor declares Trump is in 'excellent health' after physical

"The president’s physical exam today at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center went exceptionally well. The president is in excellent health and I look forward to briefing some of the details on Tuesday," Dr. Ronny Jackson said in the statement.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/doctor-d ... d=52306593
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

seahawk

Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:31 am

jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I’m sorry, what?

“Outside help is not lasting if the locals do not try to improve the conditions themselves.”

That’s the Republican theory of poverty, put very succinctly (I.e., that it’s their fault that they have horrible government).

I’ll speak your language and confirm your prejudices by saying you’re a friggin idiot.

How about for the next big reality show we put Seahawk, NoTime, DF, Nikky V, and my old friend pvjin in the middle of a Port-Au-Prince ghetto without running water, electricity, an education, etc etc etc and see how they pull their selves up by their bootstraps.

At the end of the day, that’s life. Some people have the bad luck of the draw to be born in such circumstances. Other people have a much better luck of the draw. Only Seahawk and his friends would take an already hopeless enough situation and then extend to them the burden of fixing their entire country’s political system!

Who if not the locals can fix a country´s political system? And I am a proud conservative, openly racist and anti-LGBT, pro life,.. add to the list as you like

ltbewr

Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:23 pm

Allegedly Trump said that if his physical showed serious problems that it would hurt the stock market. It is very sad that is something that could affect the publicly disclosed conclusions of his physical. I won't doubt he has medical issues like too many 71 year olds including obesity, high cholesterol that needs pills, and so on, but no immediate threat that would cause him to die. The bigger problem, as his family history suggests is his mental fitness. Even if he has a serious problem, there is history of covering up to the public serious physical and mental medical problems of Presidents for political and other reasons including the mental fitness of Ronald Reagan.

jetero

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 pm

seahawk wrote:
jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I’m sorry, what?

Who if not the locals can fix a country´s political system? And I am a proud conservative, openly racist and anti-LGBT, pro life,.. add to the list as you like

Now I really want to start a Kickstarter campaign for the reality show . . . Seahawk Singlehandedly Fixes the Haitian Political System! (How long do you need, Seahawk? A week? A month?)

jetero

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:02 pm

bagoldex wrote:
BravoOne wrote:
You saound very gay BTW.

How does someone "saound very gay"?

Can we start with the definition of "saound"?

bagoldex

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:03 pm

BravoOne wrote:
You saound very gay BTW.

How does someone "saound very gay"?

seahawk

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:33 pm

jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:
jetero wrote:

I’m sorry, what?

Now I really want to start a Kickstarter campaign for the reality show . . . Seahawk Singlehandedly Fixes the Haitian Political System! (How long do you need, Seahawk? A week? A month?)

I wonder where I said one person can change anything? One can say though that the Dominican Republic shows that a better state is possible on the same island.

jetero

Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:35 pm

seahawk wrote:
jetero wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I wonder where I said one person can change anything? One can say though that the Dominican Republic shows that a better state is possible on the same island.

Well you tell me how many people you need, Seahawk, and we'll get them for you.

One can say that there are good and bad examples of governance everywhere. Only people who live in Western countries with functional governments would be so sanctimonious to blame the non-functioning of others on the multitude of people who live there who no doubt hate it but have no real recourse for changing for it.

seahawk

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:22 pm

Western countries also did not start to exist with a half-way functioning government. It was a long and hard way for society to achieve this. And in the end it also depends on the form of government your are living under. Improving the government in North Korea is a bit harder than in Haiti.

But I would like to know what your suggestion would be? How should countries and the living conditions improve?

jetero

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:29 pm

seahawk wrote:
Western countries also did not start to exist with a half-way functioning government. It was a long and hard way for society to achieve this.

None of which you (nor I, nor anyone else in this thread) had any personal involvement in, so I don't know why you feel so self-righteously entitled.

seahawk wrote:
And in the end it also depends on the form of government your are living under. Improving the government in North Korea is a bit harder than in Haiti.

You don't say?

seahawk wrote:
But I would like to know what your suggestion would be? How should countries and the living conditions improve?

Seahawk, once again, I find myself being sucked into an argument that I didn't even start.

This thread is titled "The Increasing Unfitness of Donald Trump," not "Best Practices for Creating Functional Democracies Out of Nothing."

We are here because the President of the United States labeled whole countries as being "sh*tholes," with the blanket implication being that anyone from there is undesirable. You then basically said, "Well he's kind of right. And if those people are so offended by it, well then maybe they should fix their countries" as nonchalantly as if you were a nutritionist prescribing a new diet.

That's the definition of Trumped up logic.

seahawk

Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:56 pm

I said I agree with him that some countries are shit holes, not that I agree with the rest. I said quite clearly that I think it is sad, that this outburst will turn the next topic into a stupid us vs. them debate, when it would be not wrong if the West would take a look at the effects of the development and emergency aid we are giving.

salttee
Topic Author

Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:32 pm

Yes, it is so sad

EstherLouise

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:27 am

jetero wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
ltbewr wrote:

Strato, buddy, get a friggin therapist.

It’ll all be OK.

Those vagina outfits and screaming at the sky WAS funny and strange. The left has a strange way of protesting.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

EstherLouise

Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:32 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

"The president’s physical exam today at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center went exceptionally well. The president is in excellent health and I look forward to briefing some of the details on Tuesday," Dr. Ronny Jackson said in the statement.

That was proven to be forged. Every doctor that I've known and worked with DOES NOT sign their name "Dr." so and so. They sign it, "John Smith, MD." Also, they know how to correctly spell their first names.
712 722 732 734 737 738 741 742 744 752 762 772 A310 DC91 DC93 DC94 DC1030 DC1040 F100 MD82 MD83

DIRECTFLT

Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:53 am

EstherLouise wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

That was proven to be forged.

You mean like Obama's Birth Certificate?? :rotfl:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

tommy1808

Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:52 am

Ozair wrote:
jetero wrote:

So to be clear, are you arguing:

1) He isn't mentally unfit (in your opinion)?

or

2) If he is, so what, we all knew it to begin with--caveat emptor?

1) I don't know. To make that determination you need to have a baseline. Do you want to measure his mental stability against himself ten/twenty/thirty years ago, against a society norm, something else? .

The ability to separate fact from fiction. Without that ability, that Trump doesn't have, sane decisions are mere coincidences. A president that makes up terror strikes that only happened in his fantasy is unfit for anything, driving a car included.

Best regards
Thomas
This Singature is a safe space......

Ozair

Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Ozair wrote:
jetero wrote:

So to be clear, are you arguing:

1) He isn't mentally unfit (in your opinion)?

or

2) If he is, so what, we all knew it to begin with--caveat emptor?

1) I don't know. To make that determination you need to have a baseline. Do you want to measure his mental stability against himself ten/twenty/thirty years ago, against a society norm, something else? .

The ability to separate fact from fiction. Without that ability, that Trump doesn't have, sane decisions are mere coincidences. A president that makes up terror strikes that only happened in his fantasy is unfit for anything, driving a car included.

Best regards
Thomas

Interesting you should comment as such. I just read an interesting article by fivethirtyeight about the mental health question. Worth adding to this discussion for anyone interested.

We are not here to adjudicate whether Trump is mentally ill, suffering from dementia or otherwise mentally incapacitated. (We do, though, have thoughts about whether it’s appropriate to discuss the matter.) Instead, we’re seeking to better understand whether it’s practical to screen a president for mental competency. For answers, we turned to law, medicine and the military — other industries where a person’s personal stability can have big impacts on the safety of others. Sure enough, evaluations like the one proposed by Boyle are done routinely in some of these other professions. But comparing how mental health is handled in these different jobs also demonstrates why transferring other industries’ norms wouldn’t be easy — or even desirable.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/a-competency-test-for-trump-could-be-a-bad-idea/

DIRECTFLT

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:14 pm

White House doctor says Trump is ‘very healthy,’ did ‘exceedingly well’ on cognitive screening

By Associated Press January 16 at 4:00 PM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 0edbc98f5a

:checkmark: 8-)

jetero

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:23 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
White House doctor says Trump is ‘very healthy,’ did ‘exceedingly well’ on cognitive screening

How did your screening go, DF?

DIRECTFLT

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:29 pm

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

You first jetero . . .

Dutchy

Tue Jan 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Although written for the Bush jr administration, still mostly relevant for this president: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmMS9XVIa00

And that might be much more to the core then all this childish behavior of this "president".

(nice cover of a dutch protest song of the '60)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

bagoldex

Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:43 pm

If he only weighs 239 pounds then he's clearly losing weight rapidly. Maybe pancreatic cancer?

jetero

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:00 am

jetero wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

Ha, ha, ha, good one DF! I’ve already self-diagnosed in other threads ... you guys are going to be the death of me. I guess, as the illustrious Texan Clayton Williams said, I should just lay back and enjoy it.

casinterest

Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:57 am

Trump is still a Lying racist coward. Passing a cognitive test that a person with an iota of self actualization can take does not change his unfitness for office.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:59 am

casinterest wrote:
Trump is still a Lying racist coward. Passing a cognitive test that a person with an iota of self actualization can take does not change his unfitness for office.

:spin:

casinterest

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:06 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
casinterest wrote:

:spin:

No, I have hundreds of tweets to prove it.
you on the other hand are just a sycophant with nothing beyond a non related tweet to disprove it.
So Sad.

Dahlgardo

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:30 pm

casinterest wrote:
Trump is still a Lying racist coward

Calling someone a racist is certainly classy.
Please provide evidence of his racism.
leave your nines at home and bring your skills to the battle

Mir

Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:38 pm

casinterest wrote:

So what we really learned yesterday is that his racism, his pathological lying and flip-flopping and his clueless impulsiveness aren't due to some cognitive impairment. He's still racist and a pathological liar and all those things, he just does it intentionally because that's who he is (and has been for decades). There's no medical test for one's character.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day