User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 18782
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:24 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... thful.html lists out how the tRumpistas thought things would play out:

According to Wolff the idea was that Trump would win by losing.

'Once he lost, Trump would be both insanely famous and a martyr to Crooked Hillary,' the author wrote.

And it wouldn't work out well just for Trump. His daughter Ivanka and her husband Jared Kushner would be 'international celebrities' after the campaign.

His campaign's Chief Executive Steve Bannon would become 'the de facto head of the tea-party movement' and Kellyanne Conway, Trump's campaign manager, would go on to be a 'cable-news star,' Wolff wrote.

'Melania Trump, who had been assured by her husband that he wouldn't become president, could return to inconspicuously lunching,' Wolff said.


I love the line, inconspicuously lunching. That was quite the life Melania had (and BTW: nude photos, who knew?).

Too bad for Trump and pals that he won. Too bad for them, too bad for us.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has it's beaches, it's homeland and thoughts of it's own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own
 
User avatar
Channex757
Posts: 1982
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:07 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:10 pm

cpd wrote:
It seems that Trump was quite desperate to be on good terms with Rupert Murdoch, and Steve Bannon reportedly felt threatened by Murdoch.

What harm could an old aged Australian possibly do? ;)

Immediate access to a huge chunk of Trump's "base". After Roger Ailes was sacked, Old Roo-Pert took over at Fox Noise personally.

Someone with that post immediately becomes immensely politically powerful on the right of American politics. What did Bannon have? A fairly tatty website read by loons.

Now that Fox has split, Rupert has even more focus on the news side and also publishing as the company is a major player in the book market. The film and TV interests were sold off as they don't really command the political power Rupert likes. He retained Fox News as that certainly does. It's one subtext reason why News Inc was happy to sell off so much of itself.

Seen it all before, folks......*cough*TonyBlair*cough*
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 15970
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Trump calls himself "a stable genius". :shock: :rotfl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42589860
US President Donald Trump has rejected questions raised over his mental health in a bombshell book, describing himself as a "very stable genius".

Michael Wolff's book Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House suggests even those close to Mr Trump have questioned his capability.

The US president has dismissed the book, calling Wolff a "loser".
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6686
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:25 pm

I know quite a few people I would call genius, never heard them referred to themselves as a genius. Enough said 8-)

But then again, a real genius knows that there is a wealth of information out there that he doesn't know or even begin to comprehend. If you don't know a lot, your world is so small that it is easy to think you are a genius. :white:
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6686
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:28 pm

It reminds Wolff apparently of the fairy tale of the cloth of the empire: because of this book, everything will see the kind of cloth the empire wears, or lack thereof.

We'll see if this book will help in the downfall of Trump.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11840
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:36 pm

I love Trump's new nickname "Sloppy Steve" LOL its right up there with lyin Ted.
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8276
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:17 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I love Trump's new nickname "Sloppy Steve" LOL its right up there with lyin Ted.

I never did and still do not understand why so many seem to like and approve of Trump's name calling. It is so 4th grade playground shit that I just don't get the fascination with it. I mean I get it when it's shows, comedians etc. that are intentionally juvenile and built around 4th grade humor but people seem to love this from Trump. It's mostly really stupid, but is part of a belittling process. I am fairly certain it is from an internal powerlessness people felt but who knows.

But that's just me.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
DLFREEBIRD
Posts: 928
Joined: Thu Mar 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:22 pm

I wish people would start calling Trump by his given nickname. Flat footed Trump. However, i get it. diminishing the presidency in public is not a good idea just like a president calling other people diminishing nicknames. As Romney would say it's 3rd grade theatrics.
 
LMP737
Topic Author
Posts: 5601
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:27 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I love Trump's new nickname "Sloppy Steve" LOL its right up there with lyin Ted.


Yes, what better way to counter the argument that you are impulsive and childish than to call people names. :lol:
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6686
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:58 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:
I wish people would start calling Trump by his given nickname. Flat footed Trump. However, i get it. diminishing the presidency in public is not a good idea just like a president calling other people diminishing nicknames. As Romney would say it's 3rd grade theatrics.


Or his real family name: Drumpf :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnpO_RTSNmQ
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
Jetty
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:
I know quite a few people I would call genius, never heard them referred to themselves as a genius. Enough said 8-)

But then again, a real genius knows that there is a wealth of information out there that he doesn't know or even begin to comprehend. If you don't know a lot, your world is so small that it is easy to think you are a genius. :white:

There's not many people that won the elections of the world's largest economy with no political experience, a relative small budget and without the support of the establishment. Regardless how you think about him, you should be able to recognize that accomplishment as pretty genius.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6686
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:11 pm

Jetty wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
I know quite a few people I would call genius, never heard them referred to themselves as a genius. Enough said 8-)

But then again, a real genius knows that there is a wealth of information out there that he doesn't know or even begin to comprehend. If you don't know a lot, your world is so small that it is easy to think you are a genius. :white:

There's not many people that won the elections of the world's largest economy with no political experience, a relative small budget and without the support of the establishment. Regardless how you think about him, you should be able to recognize that accomplishment as pretty genius.


Street smart isn't the same as genius :lol:

And aren't oligarchs an establishment, ok, from the other country. but establishment nevertheless.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
Jetty
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:26 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jetty wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
I know quite a few people I would call genius, never heard them referred to themselves as a genius. Enough said 8-)

But then again, a real genius knows that there is a wealth of information out there that he doesn't know or even begin to comprehend. If you don't know a lot, your world is so small that it is easy to think you are a genius. :white:

There's not many people that won the elections of the world's largest economy with no political experience, a relative small budget and without the support of the establishment. Regardless how you think about him, you should be able to recognize that accomplishment as pretty genius.


Street smart isn't the same as genius :lol:

And aren't oligarchs an establishment, ok, from the other country. but establishment nevertheless.

Being so street smart that you can win the elections of the USA without any capability to actually be president is being a genius in that particular area. It's not like Einstein was good at everything either. But if you resent him that much that you don't want to give him credit for it that's fine.
 
PhilBy
Posts: 820
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 11:44 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:58 pm

Jetty wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
I know quite a few people I would call genius, never heard them referred to themselves as a genius. Enough said 8-)

But then again, a real genius knows that there is a wealth of information out there that he doesn't know or even begin to comprehend. If you don't know a lot, your world is so small that it is easy to think you are a genius. :white:

There's not many people that won the elections of the world's largest economy with no political experience, a relative small budget and without the support of the establishment. Regardless how you think about him, you should be able to recognize that accomplishment as pretty genius.


Running against a female in the most conservative country in the first world he couldnt lose!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6686
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:02 pm

Jetty wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Jetty wrote:
There's not many people that won the elections of the world's largest economy with no political experience, a relative small budget and without the support of the establishment. Regardless how you think about him, you should be able to recognize that accomplishment as pretty genius.


Street smart isn't the same as genius :lol:

And aren't oligarchs an establishment, ok, from the other country. but establishment nevertheless.

Being so street smart that you can win the elections of the USA without any capability to actually be president is being a genius in that particular area. It's not like Einstein was good at everything either. But if you resent him that much that you don't want to give him credit for it that's fine.


Credit where credit is due: evil genius: a person who has a strong bad influence over other people

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictio ... ish/genius
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:12 pm

To all those people who find some good in Mr. Trump I ask this simple question:

Would you like to have him as a friend, as a boss, as a colleague, as a partner?


David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.
 
jetero
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:37 pm

Jetty wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Jetty wrote:
There's not many people that won the elections of the world's largest economy with no political experience, a relative small budget and without the support of the establishment. Regardless how you think about him, you should be able to recognize that accomplishment as pretty genius.


Street smart isn't the same as genius :lol:

And aren't oligarchs an establishment, ok, from the other country. but establishment nevertheless.

Being so street smart that you can win the elections of the USA without any capability to actually be president is being a genius in that particular area. It's not like Einstein was good at everything either. But if you resent him that much that you don't want to give him credit for it that's fine.


He’s a genius at lying, making outlandish promises, and preying on peoples’ vulnerabilities and irrational fears. And he was supported by a whole apparatus of the most biased media institutions in the country.

If you (and he) want to equate that with “genius,” well, I guess credit where credit is due.
 
Jetty
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:59 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
To all those people who find some good in Mr. Trump I ask this simple question:

Would you like to have him as a friend, as a boss, as a colleague, as a partner?

I'd love to have him as a distant friend. Definitely not in any of the other relations :D
 
Jetty
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:03 pm

jetero wrote:
He’s a genius at lying, making outlandish promises, and preying on peoples’ vulnerabilities and irrational fears. And he was supported by a whole apparatus of the most biased media institutions in the country.

If you (and he) want to equate that with “genius,” well, I guess credit where credit is due.

Yet tons of other people would've liked to have done the same but couldn't. What's so hard about recognizing the accomplishments and qualities of someone you don't like? A genius is someone who's exceptionally skilled in a particular area, nothing more.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 10428
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:05 pm

I tend to believe that Trump wanted to lose or at least didn't really want to win, so he's not a genius for winning, he miscalculated that too.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
jetero
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:32 pm

Jetty wrote:
jetero wrote:
He’s a genius at lying, making outlandish promises, and preying on peoples’ vulnerabilities and irrational fears. And he was supported by a whole apparatus of the most biased media institutions in the country.

If you (and he) want to equate that with “genius,” well, I guess credit where credit is due.


Yet tons of other people would've liked to have done the same but couldn't.


I'm sorry, what? Tons of other people would've liked to have won by lying, making outlandish promises, and preying on peoples' vulnerabilities and irrational fears?

Jetty wrote:
What's so hard about recognizing the accomplishments and qualities of someone you don't like? A genius is someone who's exceptionally skilled in a particular area, nothing more.


What high standards you have Jetty!

I guess Adolf Hitler was a genius at genocide and Charles Manson was a genius at murdering. And to you guys Hillary is the real genius for committing so many crimes and getting away with it. "Genius" has a positive connotation--otherwise we wouldn't feel the need to modify it with words like "evil" above.

What in the hell do you care if I call Trump a "genius" or not?
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 11573
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:33 pm

Revelation wrote:

I love the line, inconspicuously lunching. That was quite the life Melania had (and BTW: nude photos, who knew?).



This photos have been around for years, she was a successful model after all, pretty much any model you can name will have done artistic nudes at some point in there career.
 
salttee
Posts: 2487
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:36 pm

Yet it is kind of a first for a First "Lady".
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11840
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:00 pm

LMP737 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I love Trump's new nickname "Sloppy Steve" LOL its right up there with lyin Ted.


Yes, what better way to counter the argument that you are impulsive and childish than to call people names. :lol:


Agree but that name is so applicable to Bannon
The Juice is loose and he is in Vegas!
 
Jetty
Posts: 566
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:05 pm

jetero wrote:
Jetty wrote:
jetero wrote:
He’s a genius at lying, making outlandish promises, and preying on peoples’ vulnerabilities and irrational fears. And he was supported by a whole apparatus of the most biased media institutions in the country.

If you (and he) want to equate that with “genius,” well, I guess credit where credit is due.


Yet tons of other people would've liked to have done the same but couldn't.

I'm sorry, what? Tons of other people would've liked to have won by lying, making outlandish promises, and preying on peoples' vulnerabilities and irrational fears?

Would have liked to win by any means that is. And yes, there are tons of those, in case you doubt that take a look at other politicians at any level.

Jetty wrote:
What's so hard about recognizing the accomplishments and qualities of someone you don't like? A genius is someone who's exceptionally skilled in a particular area, nothing more.


What high standards you have Jetty!

I guess Adolf Hitler was a genius at genocide and Charles Manson was a genius at murdering. And to you guys Hillary is the real genius for committing so many crimes and getting away with it.

Well, murdering isn't exceptionally difficult if you have the will to do it. Regardless, evil people can indeed be a genius in a particular field.

"Genius" has a positive connotation--otherwise we wouldn't feel the need to modify it with words like "evil" above.

I'm not a native English speaker, but this argument makes no logical sense. That there are 'scientific geniuses' doesn't mean that just 'genius' needs modification to apply to science either.

What in the hell do you care if I call Trump a "genius" or not?

Classy argument. You could post it in almost any thread on this forum, but it doesn't make much sense. Normal people on an internet forum can have a discussion without wondering why someone else would care about their stance. Also I didn't post here to argue Trump was a genius out of the blue, I only reacted to people that made fun of him saying he was.
 
jetero
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sat Jan 06, 2018 11:40 pm

Jetty wrote:
jetero wrote:
Jetty wrote:

Yet tons of other people would've liked to have done the same but couldn't.

I'm sorry, what? Tons of other people would've liked to have won by lying, making outlandish promises, and preying on peoples' vulnerabilities and irrational fears?


Would have liked to win by any means that is. And yes, there are tons of those, in case you doubt that take a look at other politicians at any level.


Ah, yes, don't criticize Trump because, after all, all politicians are all bad. DTW2HYD: "If someone wrote a book about Obama's first year it'd be just as bad."

The seemingly rationalized relativism is astounding.

Jetty wrote:
What's so hard about recognizing the accomplishments and qualities of someone you don't like? A genius is someone who's exceptionally skilled in a particular area, nothing more.


What high standards you have Jetty!

I guess Adolf Hitler was a genius at genocide and Charles Manson was a genius at murdering. And to you guys Hillary is the real genius for committing so many crimes and getting away with it.


Well, murdering isn't exceptionally difficult if you have the will to do it. Regardless, evil people can indeed be a genius in a particular field.


I'll say it again, what high standards you have!

"Genius" has a positive connotation--otherwise we wouldn't feel the need to modify it with words like "evil" above.


I'm not a native English speaker, but this argument makes no logical sense. That there are 'scientific geniuses' doesn't mean that just 'genius' needs modification to apply to science either.


It makes no logical sense that "genius" has a positive connotation to most? If you want to argue semantics, what exactly do you think Delusional Donald meant by:

....Actually, throughout my life, my two greatest assets have been mental stability and being, like, really smart. Crooked Hillary Clinton also played these cards very hard and, as everyone knows, went down in flames. I went from VERY successful businessman, to top T.V. Star.....

....to President of the United States (on my first try). I think that would qualify as not smart, but genius....and a very stable genius at that!


You think he was going for the literal definition?

Jetty wrote:
What in the hell do you care if I call Trump a "genius" or not?

Classy argument. You could post it in almost any thread on this forum, but it doesn't make much sense. Normal people on an internet forum can have a discussion without wondering why someone else would care about their stance. Also I didn't post here to argue Trump was a genius out of the blue, I only reacted to people that made fun of him saying he was.


Jetty, we're making fun of what he thinks of himself. But if you want me to be "classy" and call him "genius" because the Webster's definition is "exceptional," well fine. WHAT A FRIGGIN' GENIUS OUR PRESIDENT IS.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 8276
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:01 am

NIKV69 wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
I love Trump's new nickname "Sloppy Steve" LOL its right up there with lyin Ted.


Yes, what better way to counter the argument that you are impulsive and childish than to call people names. :lol:


Agree but that name is so applicable to Bannon

Should we here come up with an "applicable" name for you and apply it with you?

Or with anyone here on A.net?

Put simply, calling people names is bad. It harms communication. That is not something one should support.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
LMP737
Topic Author
Posts: 5601
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:27 am

NIKV69 wrote:

Agree but that name is so applicable to Bannon


The difference is Steve Bannon isn't president.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3311
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:55 pm

jetero wrote:
He’s a genius at lying

He's not even any good at that. If he was, as soon as exerts of the book released, he would have coordinated with Bannon to jointly state that the claims were false and that the journalist made them up. Instead he goes to his "default setting" of insulting Bannon, tearing apart the alt-right (who like Bannon...mostly) and making his administration look like a mess. The fact is that Trump is monumentally stupid and so are his kids.
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 pm

News is that Wikileaks has published the full text of "Fire and Fury".

Bad news for the publisher, good news for the public discourse. You get to know Trump for free.

I've ordered my copy already last week.

David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 18782
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 pm

zkojq wrote:
jetero wrote:
He’s a genius at lying

He's not even any good at that. If he was, as soon as exerts of the book released, he would have coordinated with Bannon to jointly state that the claims were false and that the journalist made them up. Instead he goes to his "default setting" of insulting Bannon, tearing apart the alt-right (who like Bannon...mostly) and making his administration look like a mess. The fact is that Trump is monumentally stupid and so are his kids.

Trump is too stupid to realize that he's stupid.

Trump unfortunately falls into the stupid and industrious quadrant:

“I divide my officers into four classes as follows: The clever, the industrious, the lazy, and the stupid. Each officer always possesses two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious I appoint to the General Staff. Use can under certain circumstances be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy qualifies for the highest leadership posts. He has the requisite nerves and the mental clarity for difficult decisions. But whoever is stupid and industrious must be got rid of, for he is too dangerous.”


Image

Ref: https://quoteinvestigator.com/2014/02/28/clever-lazy/
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has it's beaches, it's homeland and thoughts of it's own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own
 
jetero
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:18 pm

 
salttee
Posts: 2487
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:32 pm

jetero wrote:

I had a delightful bout of schadenfreude reading the comments.
 
jetero
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:28 am

salttee wrote:
jetero wrote:

I had a delightful bout of schadenfreude reading the comments.


A parade of self-important, delusional, take-no-prisoner, whiny, drama queen, bottom feeders for sure. No surprise they chose the perfect incarnation of all 7.

(Wonder what DF's screen name is?)
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 11910
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:55 am

:spin: Now for us to be happy, we can dream of Breitbart itself disappearing.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
apodino
Posts: 3297
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:12 am

WarRI1 wrote:
:spin: Now for us to be happy, we can dream of Breitbart itself disappearing.

I disagree with you, and not because my views tend to be right of yours. The first amendment guarantees the right to a free press. This is essential to a democracy. In order for us to achieve maximum benefit from this, it is necessary to have different media sources with different view points. Breitbart is a far right site. Huffington Post is a far left site. (I read both on a daily basis) It is vital that despite the fact that both of these sites really stretch the truth, that their continued existence is encouraged. The only thing I wish is that the rhetoric coming from both sites would be toned down and more civil, rather than constant insults of the other side.


As for this book, Mr. Wolf has very little credibility with me. I have been listening to the interviews he has been given and he doesn't sound very bright at all. In one interview, he made the case that the reason the stock market is up is because the banks know that Trump wont be able to enact the new regulations that he wants to. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. If he had been listening to Trump at all this past year he would know that Trump is not trying to enact new regulations, he is trying to reduce regulations. Add to that many critics say its very poorly written and full of contradictions, and I will take a pass on this. To me Wolf is the real world version of Rita Skeeter. (Harry Potter fans will get the reference)
 
jetero
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:24 am

apodino wrote:
As for this book, Mr. Wolf has very little credibility with me. I have been listening to the interviews he has been given and he doesn't sound very bright at all.


I don't disagree with you at all on that, having seen several interviews. He's not helping his case for credibility.

That said, (1) Trump's "like, really smart" response (and that of his surrogates--wasn't that Steve Miller a real hoot?) isn't helping his case either; (2) and the fact Steve Bannon really didn't refute anything the book cited is certainly revealing.
Last edited by jetero on Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4515
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:33 am

salttee wrote:
I had a delightful bout of schadenfreude reading the comments.


I didn't find anything particularly pleasurable in these comments. A bunch of blind political fanatics who unquestioningly revere a dangerously unstable leader only reminds me of history lessons about Germany in the 30s, especially with the racist overtones of the movement they support. The fact that such a large group of people exists in the US brings me nothing but concerns, especially if they get even angrier.

This is how dictatorships are started.

As for Bannon, well, he is a perfect example of the kind of 'loyalty' you can expect from the King. It doesn't matter how low you bow down before him and how far backwards you bend for him, he will snap back at you at the first slip.
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16679
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:41 am

jetero wrote:
salttee wrote:
jetero wrote:

I had a delightful bout of schadenfreude reading the comments.


A parade of self-important, delusional, take-no-prisoner, whiny, drama queen, bottom feeders for sure. No surprise they chose the perfect incarnation of all 7.

(Wonder what DF's screen name is?)

What does Bannon and his followers do now?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:10 am

Francoflier wrote:
I didn't find anything particularly pleasurable in these comments. A bunch of blind political fanatics who unquestioningly revere a dangerously unstable leader only reminds me of history lessons about Germany in the 30s, especially with the racist overtones of the movement they support. The fact that such a large group of people exists in the US brings me nothing but concerns, especially if they get even angrier.


That's what scares me, too. They don't debate the merits of his politics. They just idolize him. "I like him because he trolls and annoys the establishment!" - but, like Hitler, Trump makes peace fast with big banks and big industry. They're helping the little man from Michigan in no way. Except when they help him out of the joblessness by giving him a place in the military.
MaverickM11 wrote:
What does Bannon and his followers do now?


My 0.02 eurocents are on starting another blog. There's still a niche for a right-winger who challenges idols like Trump.


David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.
 
User avatar
Revelation
Posts: 18782
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2005 9:37 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:15 am

jetero wrote:
salttee wrote:
jetero wrote:

I had a delightful bout of schadenfreude reading the comments.

A parade of self-important, delusional, take-no-prisoner, whiny, drama queen, bottom feeders for sure.

The thing I'd add to your list (leveraged from my signature) is "impervious to evidence".

They don't like what the evidence is telling them, so they challenge the evidence rather than their thought process.

This leads to a hopeless situation politically. You can bring the a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.

Francoflier wrote:
As for Bannon, well, he is a perfect example of the kind of 'loyalty' you can expect from the King. It doesn't matter how low you bow down before him and how far backwards you bend for him, he will snap back at you at the first slip.

I suppose, but Bannon did give this guy an almighty kick to the nuts, saying that his son has done traitorous things.

Clearly this guy sucks at strategy, which begs the question, how did he become Trump's Chief of Strategy?

Pretty much the same way Trump got his job, by being stupid and industrious.

And lost his job the same way Trump will lose his: eventually being stupid catches up with you.
Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world
The heart has it's beaches, it's homeland and thoughts of it's own
Wake now, discover that you are the song that the morning brings
The heart has it's seasons, it's evenings and songs of it's own
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:39 pm

Revelation wrote:
Clearly this guy sucks at strategy, which begs the question, how did he become Trump's Chief of Strategy?

Pretty much the same way Trump got his job, by being stupid and industrious.

And lost his job the same way Trump will lose his: eventually being stupid catches up with you.


Stop disrespecting your President! He assured us that he's hiring only the BEST people!

Well, one pundit said that Trump is the most affirmative-action-president ever: He hires people who wouldn't get such a job otherwise. Case in point: Bannon, Kelly, Manafort, Kushner, Ivanka...


David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.
 
jetero
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:18 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
jetero wrote:
A parade of self-important, delusional, take-no-prisoner, whiny, drama queen, bottom feeders for sure. No surprise they chose the perfect incarnation of all 7.

(Wonder what DF's screen name is?)


What does Bannon and his followers do now?


Certainly we're in store for more incessant, know-nothing whining.

Revelation wrote:
The thing I'd add to your list (leveraged from my signature) is "impervious to evidence".

They don't like what the evidence is telling them, so they challenge the evidence rather than their thought process.

This leads to a hopeless situation politically. You can bring the a horse to water, but you can't make him drink.


Sadly, I agree. Reading through those comments all you see are a bunch of stooges. Compare to the comments to WaPo or NYT articles (even those in support of Trump)--these are actual comments from Breitbart readers who are clearly out of touch with reality. It's all primal retribution for wrongs that were never committed. No chance of reasoning with these dopes. If they don't get what they think they want, they're just going to say, "We didn't do it hard enough!!!!"

NO ONE LIKES INSIDE TRAITORS! Good luck finding another job because they'll suspect you'll do the same to them $omeday!

Admired PATRIOT to aiding and abetting the Enemy Within!

Now if only an OBAMA INSIDER would write a book on his treasonous acts. Hillary's too. Donna Brazile did some squealing about Hillary conspiring with the DNC. Is she still alive?


--

DEAR STEVE!

Thank you for your service you traitorous bastard!

Get Lost and never show your rat weasel face again!


--

I have a great and fair idea in mind. Let's open the borders completely. COMPLETELY! Let's make all 7.442 billion people on Earth Americans. And now to be fair let's tax everyone at 99% and distribute it to everyone evenly. Run the numbers and you'll find everyone will be able to eat McDonalds for a few months before it's all gone.. Oh, and forget about R&D in medicine or technology. That's gone too. You know those EVIL companies that use their evil profits to reinvest it in R&D and come up with treatments and cures to new diseases. It's all gone. Everything would erode completely and it's back to Dark Ages anarchy. But, hey it's fair. Brilliant!

PS A coherent immigration policy has nothing to do with white supremacy, kkk and nazis. Legally we're already bringing in about 10 times as many people as any of the liberal utopias in Europe.

--

Its the Rothchilds ILLUMINATI's Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion's UN Agenda 21 & 2030 Human Depopulation Plan and White Genocide!!
 
jetero
Posts: 4094
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:20 pm

Dissembling Kellyanne evidently making her return tonight . . . I was wondering where she was.

She's marginally better than Sycophantic Steve Miller--at least she doesn't have the tics and doesn't come across as she rehearsed her lines in front of the bathroom mirror for the prior 48 hours.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/kellyanne- ... fire-fury/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.3749158
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 16679
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:10 am

jetero wrote:
Dissembling Kellyanne evidently making her return tonight . . . I was wondering where she was.

She's marginally better than Sycophantic Steve Miller--at least she doesn't have the tics and doesn't come across as she rehearsed her lines in front of the bathroom mirror for the prior 48 hours.

https://www.nationalmemo.com/kellyanne- ... fire-fury/

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainmen ... -1.3749158

Stephen Miller looks like he is going to shoot up a school bus

flyingturtle wrote:
My 0.02 eurocents are on starting another blog. There's still a niche for a right-winger who challenges idols like Trump.


David

Do you think breitbart readers will follow or turn on him like they did Ben Shapiro and Michelle Fields, who they then subjected to extreme misogyny and anti Semitic attacks?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 11910
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 am

WarRI1 wrote:
:spin: Now for us to be happy, we can dream of Breitbart itself disappearing.

I disagree with you, and not because my views tend to be right of yours. The first amendment guarantees the right to a free press. This is essential to a democracy. In order for us to achieve maximum benefit from this, it is necessary to have different media sources with different view points. Breitbart is a far right site. Huffington Post is a far left site. (I read both on a daily basis) It is vital that despite the fact that both of these sites really stretch the truth, that their continued existence is encouraged. The only thing I wish is that the rhetoric coming from both sites would be toned down and more civil, rather than constant insults of the other side.

I do agree wholeheartedly with your words, I guess the spinning icon did not do its work. I did not advocate any free speech suppression, but as someone who is barraged daily by a far right loonie friend of mine on emails quoting Breitbart, that I myself was fantasizing relief from it. I do not read Huffington or Breitbart. I do read my two newspapers religiously and watch the news on TV, including Fox. No talk programs either. :spin: ;)
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:09 pm

Probably as a result of the book, Steve Bannon has been subpoenaed by Mr. Mueller.


David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 6686
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:12 pm

flyingturtle wrote:
Probably as a result of the book, Steve Bannon has been subpoenaed by Mr. Mueller.


David


Yup, here we go.....................

The net is being pulled tighter and tighter. Will Trump see the news bulletin about this on Fox "news" in bed with a cheeseburger?


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/p ... .html?_r=0
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
zkojq
Posts: 3311
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:42 am

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:31 pm

Dutchy wrote:
flyingturtle wrote:
Probably as a result of the book, Steve Bannon has been subpoenaed by Mr. Mueller.


David


Yup, here we go.....................

The net is being pulled tighter and tighter. Will Trump see the news bulletin about this on Fox "news" in bed with a cheeseburger?


https://www.nytimes.com/2018/01/16/us/p ... .html?_r=0


So now that Trump and most of the right has disowned Bannon and dragged him through the mud, Bannon has no reason to try and protect Trump when testifying. #Awkward

Whether or not Bannon knows anything Russia related that Mueller would be interested in is another matter.
Most recent aircraft flown: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 717 VH-YQW, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-300 ZK-OKN, 787-9 VH-ZNA, CS100 HB-JBG
 
User avatar
flyingturtle
Posts: 5438
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Steve Bannon book

Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:51 pm

zkojq wrote:
Whether or not Bannon knows anything Russia related that Mueller would be interested in is another matter.


Waiting for the Wolff book, I'm currently devouring the Fisher/Kranish biography on Trump. I highly recommend it. Concerning Trump's character, it has some very cringeworthy moments, too.

It mentions the ties with organized crime in NY. Trump had Roy Cohn, a combative, abrasive lawyer, as a friend and consultant. During the the 60ies and early 70ies, construction workers unions as well as the construction and cement industries were permeated by the mafia. You always had to strike deals with them to get your buildings built on time. Cohn helped connect Trump...

And then, I've read somewhere (but not in the book) that after 2005, nobody invested in golf resorts anymore. It's suspected that they're used to launder money from Russian parties.

We're living in interesting times. And of course, many Trumpeters will say "so what?" - they can perfectly live with a corrupt and criminal president. After all, he makes Murrikaah great again!

David
Keeping calm is terrorism against those who want to live in fear.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: c933103, L410Turbolet and 54 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos