Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Dutchy
Topic Author

Arctic global warming so rapid that computer measuring it rejected the results

Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:42 pm

Algorithm meant to be triggered if there is a fault in Alaskan recording equipment stops temperature recording because measurements were too high

http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 10941.html

Change is coming fast to the earth especially the arctic regions. Call to action.

787Driver

Re: Arctic global warming so rapid that computer measuring it rejected the results

Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:52 pm

Western civilization as we know it right now is not sustainable.

Dutchy
Topic Author

Re: Arctic global warming so rapid that computer measuring it rejected the results

Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:32 am

Civilization as we know it right now is not sustainable. So we need to move to the next level.

zkojq

Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:35 pm

Once the permafrost unfreezes (and releases all the methane) there's no going back.

tommy1808

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:24 am

See... all those models where wrong, wrong, wrong.......

;)

Best regards
Thomas

Dutchy
Topic Author

Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:29 am

tommy1808 wrote:

;)

Best regards
Thomas

It is much worse than we thought. No joke time, unfortunately.

tommy1808

Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:00 am

Dutchy wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

;)

Best regards
Thomas

It is much worse than we thought. No joke time, unfortunately.

But it is all just a Chinese Hoax. So, unless much of the US stop being mentally ill or the rest of the world gets its act together and starts sanctioning countries not doing enough, all we can do is joke.

Best regards
Thomas

BobPatterson

Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:47 am

Dutchy wrote:

Algorithm meant to be triggered if there is a fault in Alaskan recording equipment stops temperature recording because measurements were too high

http://www.independent.co.uk/environmen ... 10941.html

Change is coming fast to the earth especially the arctic regions. Call to action.

If the report by the Independent is complete and accurate, the problem lies with the computer programming.

Whatever data was sensed by the monitoring equipment should have been recorded, but flagged for special analysis.

It the computer program refused to accept the data, that was a programming fault.

tommy1808

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:20 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
It the computer program refused to accept the data, that was a programming fault.

its not a bug, it is a feature, the programming is fine, just the alarm values have been too optimistic for life on earth as we know it.

best regards
Thomas

einsteinboricua

Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:47 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
If the report by the Independent is complete and accurate, the problem lies with the computer programming.

Whatever data was sensed by the monitoring equipment should have been recorded, but flagged for special analysis.

I had to reread your comment several times before realizing that I was in agreement with you.

This IS a programming fault: the data should have had a special flag for further analysis. A good system would NOT have had a tolerance cutoff like this.

chimborazo

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:10 am

This is an aviation forum (well, a section of one) - we are not exactly carbon-neutral tree huggers :-)

Climate change happens- we are 10,000 years into the current interglacial period. Evidence indicates that the glacial,cycle is around 11,000 years. So let's all discuss further in a thousand years when we are freezing our nuts off!

I genuinely worry about what will happen in 50 or 100 years from now... it amuses me when I hear eco types saying we are destroying the Earth...we are not. We are just gradually making it unfit for human life. And that's not a bad thing: the beautiful Earth will be fine. The plague of humans may not...

You don't get to choose to come into this world but you do get to choose most of your life decisions. I choose to do things I enjoy in my life now I'm here- like go on lots of overseas business trips and holidays, fly aeroplanes and drive cars. I also choose not to have children because in my view the world won't be a very nice place in 50 years.

BobPatterson

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:30 am

chimborazo wrote:
I genuinely worry about what will happen in 50 or 100 years from now... it amuses me when I hear eco types saying we are destroying the Earth...we are not. We are just gradually making it unfit for human life. And that's not a bad thing: the beautiful Earth will be fine. The plague of humans may not...

You don't get to choose to come into this world but you do get to choose most of your life decisions. I choose to do things I enjoy in my life now I'm here- like go on lots of overseas business trips and holidays, fly aeroplanes and drive cars. I also choose not to have children because in my view the world won't be a very nice place in 50 years.

Quite a philosophy to live by.

chimborazo

Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:35 am

In what sense?

Dutchy
Topic Author

Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:34 am

chimborazo wrote:
I choose to do things I enjoy in my life now I'm here- like go on lots of overseas business trips and holidays, fly aeroplanes and drive cars. I also choose not to have children because in my view the world won't be a very nice place in 50 years.

Yes, you choose to make it happen that the world will be worse in 50 years by your lifestyle choices, although not having kids does help.

tommy1808

Tue Dec 19, 2017 7:12 am

chimborazo wrote:
This is an aviation forum (well, a section of one) - we are not exactly carbon-neutral tree huggers :-)

that is your choice, not a natural law: https://www.atmosfair.de/en/kompensieren/flug

best regards
Thomas

WIederling

Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:28 am

I also choose not to have children because in my view the world won't be a very nice place in 50 years .

aha.
And you also looked after the prerequisites as a little cog that all turn in the same direction:
chimborazo wrote:
I choose to do things I enjoy in my life now I'm here- like go on lots of overseas business trips and holidays, fly aeroplanes and drive cars.

Note: I dislike the real existing greens with a vengeance. They are nothing more than another religious movement adulating another form of viriginity.