Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

bgm

Re: Flynn Pleads Guilty - Lock Him Up!

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:51 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
a strong defense against the world of Christian haters and Israel Haters

And what about Muslim haters? Oh that's right, he's in the White House. You seem to forget that the Constitution that you so lovingly mention protects against preferring one religion over another.

Strong defense? Perhaps if the US kept its nose out of other countries' affairs, there would be less animosity towards the US in general.

It's also kind of amusing that the Military is the government's largest social program. Think about that for a second.

Strong economy for working people? The GOP just passed the biggest tax breaks to the wealthy few, while screwing the rest of us. Yeah... working people my ass.

Bottom line: do you think that Trump gives a flying f**k about you or your ilk? Of course he doesn't. All he cares about is himself. Yet it's because of idiots like you who fall for his BS rhetoric that has landed the US where it is today. :crazy:

Ken777
Topic Author

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:54 am

I was watching either CNN or MSNBC (I think the latter) and they had a Retired General on discussing Flynn. From his knowledge he indicated that General Flynn was an Outstanding Intelligence Officer and when he was working with General Chrystal they worked together to probably stop 6 to 10 more 9/11 attacks on this country. For that service to this country I would hope he would be able to deliver to Mueller and be able to avoid jail time. His son as well.

The other comment made by the General (who was very supportive of General Flynn while he was working as an intelligence Officer) was that often Flynn would do things "his own way". That worked well until Obama assigned him to a position where he could not dance to his own tune. That get him fired and, I think, moved him to his "dark time" with Trump. I think that the FBI has quickly jerked him out of that dark time (especially with his son) and he may well have returned to his old self.

Knows he needs to get his honor back, If this is so then he will not be truing to protect anyone in the upper circles of the campaign, the transition or the White House. Trump needs to be scared.

tommy1808

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:57 am

bgm wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

And what about Muslim haters? Oh that's right, he's in the White House. You seem to forget that the Constitution that you so lovingly mention protects against preferring one religion over another.:

didn´t you know that the founding fathers where all devout Christians and the first Amendment only applies to Christians, because they didn´t even know about other religions existing?

best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:19 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
[A strong economy for working people, a strong defense against the world of Christian haters and Israel Haters, and the Constitution being interpreted as it was written, and not legislating from the bench.

That's part of what will make America great again.

I'm hopeful that will happen.

If you don't like the Constitution the way it was written, you can leave the country, or try to get it changed with an Amendment. But this judicial legislation, that will someday be overturned, you can stick that you know where! :)

And yet you support Roy Moore, whose desire to shred the constitution is only matched by his hunger for assaulting underage girls. I was right when I said racist, bigoted, xenophobic. Just because you've convinced yourself otherwise doesn't mean your statements and actions haven't made it crystal clear to others: when people show you who they are, believe them.

Freakysh

Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:27 am

jetero wrote:
bgm wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]
DIRECTFLT wrote:
RE: Flynn actions after the Election

You’re right, this whole scandal is DELICIOUS to watch, better than any burger. Bet there are some seriously sweaty collars in the White House right now.

Oh Karma, you never fail. Let the real fun begin!

DIRECTFLT, DFWRevolution, please PM me your size and address so I can send you an official Nothing Burger shirt. I’ll throw in a pet rock, too. And a tin can for you to shoot at with your semiautomatic in your back yard to relieve your stress about being a fool.

Except I don’t think you feel that way, you both know the guy is an inept fraud, but at the same time you both you have a “take no prisoners” approach. Trump is a means to an end for you guys (which I will never understand). Winning? Yeah, what a joke. You only win by undoing the U.S. Why not move to Venezuela so you can fast forward 40 years from now?

#YoureTheProblemA*sHole

:lol:

You still on here getting worked up and hysterical.

Not much changes :lol:

DIRECTFLT

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:08 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
bgm wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:

And what about Muslim haters? Oh that's right, he's in the White House. You seem to forget that the Constitution that you so lovingly mention protects against preferring one religion over another.:

didn't you know that the founding fathers where all devout Christians and the first Amendment only applies to Christians, because they didn't even know about other religions existing?

best regards
Thomas

I beg to differ Thomas. If you'll refer to the history of the USMC, established in 1775, and review the words to the Marines' Hymn, you'll note the reference to "Tripoly". I believe that involved another religion.

Hard to say what those early pilgrims had on their mind, when they came over here beginning in the 1600's.

tommy1808

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:12 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
bgm wrote:

didn't you know that the founding fathers where all devout Christians and the first Amendment only applies to Christians, because they didn't even know about other religions existing?

best regards
Thomas

I beg to differ Thomas. If you'll refer to the history of the USMC, established in 1775, and review the words to the Marines' Hymn, you'll note the reference to "Tripoly". I believe that involved another religion..

plus the tiny detail from the treaty of Tripoli "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.".

best regards
Thomas

DIRECTFLT

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:23 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

I beg to differ Thomas. If you'll refer to the history of the USMC, established in 1775, and review the words to the Marines' Hymn, you'll note the reference to "Tripoly". I believe that involved another religion..

plus the tiny detail from the treaty of Tripoli "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.".

best regards
Thomas

Thomas, you are a poor Historian:

A second treaty, the Treaty of Peace and Amity signed on July 4, 1805, superseded the 1796 treaty. The 1805 treaty did not contain the phrase "not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

tommy1808

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:28 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
A second treaty, the Treaty of Peace and Amity signed on July 4, 1805, superseded the 1796 treaty. The 1805 treaty did not contain the phrase "not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

Ah, you are into revising history as you please.

It was in the 1796 treaty and therefore is a fact. The history does not change because later treaties don´t contain the phrase.

The United States are in no way founded on the Christian religion.

best regards
Thomas

seahawk

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:29 pm

As the president swears on the bible and ends the oath with "so help me God" it is clear that the bible is the core and heart of the US constitution.

tommy1808

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:58 pm

seahawk wrote:
As the president swears on the bible and ends the oath with "so help me God" it is clear that the bible is the core and heart of the US constitution.

He doesn´t have to, and there is no law telling him he can´t.

Article VI, Section 3 "but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States"

best regards
Thomas

Lilienthal

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:22 pm

seahawk wrote:

Nothing wrong with the 1950ies. Booming Economy, healthy morals in the society, little illegal immigration, freedom and security....

That is, to me, the most tragic and dangerous part about the illusion that Trump, his financiers and the right wing media have created for the American voters. That nostalgic longing for the 50s and 60s where gas was 20 cents a gallon, the whole family could live a comfortable middle class life on daddys paycheck alone, and global warming and deindustrialization weren't even heard of... That's what people imagine, when Trump talks about "making America great again".

That's not going to happen under Trump. He's a man of the 80s and 90s, where greed-driven deregulations and neo-liberal "reforms" - supported by Reps and Dems - eroded the legislation and institutions that formed the foundation of the healthy and growing middle class of the post WWII era. Trump *is* Neo-Liberalism. All his life he has shown egoism, greed, ruthlessness and abuse of power. And now he's supposed to be the guy who stands in for the little man? Take his own company, for example. Do you think the recent tax cuts will make them go: "Oh, great, more money! Let's hand this down to our employees for a change, and help them secure their middle class lifestyle that they're about to lose." No. It's going to be higher returns for shareholders, a healthy raise for the executive level and maybe a new Hotel here and there, with more employees working for the lowest wage possible...

Trump is not going to fix the actual problems of his voter and he's not going to make America "great again" in any way. He might turn the illusion of being in danger of Immigrants, Liberals, Hillary, Muslims (whatever is on the menu today) into an illusion of being safe. But i'm wondering what is going to happen if a 50 years old Trump supporter from the Bible Belt, who is probably white, probably working in an declining industry, might be experiencing a decline in his standard of living, probably brainwashed into thinking it's the liberal's, immigrant's and Obama's fault, with a lot of anger and a lot of guns... is going to figure out that he has been conned by jet another clown of the establishment.

BobPatterson

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:33 pm

seahawk wrote:

The Presidential oath contains no reference to God. Nor is any religious book a required part of the oath taking ceremony. A missal was used on one occasion.

einsteinboricua

Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:50 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Nor did it contain the phrase that it IS.

Checkmate.

seahawk wrote:

The president chooses the book they'll take the oath of office with and decides beforehand if they'll end with "so help me God". But don't let facts get in the way. Heck, don't let the Constitution get in the way either:

Article II, Section I, Clause 8:
"Before he enter on the Execution of his Office, he shall take the following Oath or Affirmation:—"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."

WIederling

Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:09 pm

Ken777 wrote:
Outstanding

Going by folklore here the average American is invariably "Outstanding". :-)

seb146

Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:07 pm

seahawk wrote:

Where in the Constitution is Christianity established as the state religion? Here is a little hint from one of the Founding Fathers:

https://www.loc.gov/loc/lcib/9806/danpre.html

bhill

Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:44 pm

This is juuuust the beginning....follow the money......all the way back to Moscow....

jetero

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:23 am

Freakysh wrote:
jetero wrote:
bgm wrote:
[twoid][/twoid]

You’re right, this whole scandal is DELICIOUS to watch, better than any burger. Bet there are some seriously sweaty collars in the White House right now.

Oh Karma, you never fail. Let the real fun begin!

DIRECTFLT, DFWRevolution, please PM me your size and address so I can send you an official Nothing Burger shirt. I’ll throw in a pet rock, too. And a tin can for you to shoot at with your semiautomatic in your back yard to relieve your stress about being a fool.

Except I don’t think you feel that way, you both know the guy is an inept fraud, but at the same time you both you have a “take no prisoners” approach. Trump is a means to an end for you guys (which I will never understand). Winning? Yeah, what a joke. You only win by undoing the U.S. Why not move to Venezuela so you can fast forward 40 years from now?

#YoureTheProblemA*sHole

:lol:

You still on here getting worked up and hysterical.

Not much changes :lol:

LOL.

Yeah, tell that to all of our historical allies after today's announcement re Israel.

"There's nothing to see here. Nothing to get worked up about. All in a day's work."

LOL.