Scorpius
Topic Author

Re: From Russia with truth

Tue May 15, 2018 2:04 pm

aviationaware wrote:
I don't often side with Dutchy, but the way you are defending the abysmal state of affairs in Russia is absolutely reprehensible, Scorpius. Russia is a mafia state.

I never doubted for a moment that this is the position of Western propaganda.

Dutchy

Tue May 15, 2018 6:51 pm

Scorpius wrote:
aviationaware wrote:
I don't often side with Dutchy, but the way you are defending the abysmal state of affairs in Russia is absolutely reprehensible, Scorpius. Russia is a mafia state.

I never doubted for a moment that this is the position of Western propaganda.

Still is quite cute how you frame everything that doesn't suit your narrow narrative you label as Western propaganda. In hind site, I laugh at your first thread I noticed you, you tried to make yourself as someone whom truly tried to engage with westerners to seek common ground. First I thought it was interested and I tried to talk to you as I was truly curious about the views of ordinary Russians, I was wrong you turned out an"ordinary" Putin adapt, unable to think or yourself.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

anrec80

Wed May 16, 2018 2:30 am

Dutchy wrote:
Illegal bridge to an illegally annexed territory. A number of Dutch companies played a part in the construction - guess Russia didn't have that technology if they went to a Dutch firm to help them build it - and they are in trouble with the law because of it. It is part of the sanctions against Russia.

So I don't know why it is so proudly displayed here? It is like a burglar proudly displaying his spoils of a crime.

And I guess Scorpius didn't like the comments made about the MS-21 and had them removed because they are gone, while the second MS-21 first flight is quite impropriated to mention here in the general forum. So perhaps he can have this comment removed as well since he dislikes all negative comments about Russia.

What’s wrong with the bridge? Isn’t it the EU narrative - “build bridges, not walls”? Well - they built the bridge. Now people in Crimea have more freedom of movement, trade is also more free. All positives, regardless where you look.

And - what’s wrong with the second MS-21? Some here mention “Russia’s abysmal state” - well, the MS-21 was demonstrated as a success of Russia, and it certainly is - at last someone does something new in narrow-body segment. Both Airbus and Boeing are still capitalizing on 1980-s designs with their A320 and B737, and nobody sees any issues with this. Russians did move away from Tu-204 or designs based on it, even though it was developed and first flew around the same time as A320 and 737NG.

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 5:37 am

anrec80 wrote:
What’s wrong with the bridge? Isn’t it the EU narrative - “build bridges, not walls”? Well - they built the bridge. Now people in Crimea have more freedom of movement, trade is also more free. All positives, regardless where you look.

Russia is a burglar and now you claim, what is wrong with visiting people, all positive more human interaction, all positive, regardless where you look, right?

Com'on, even or you, as entertaining as it is, this statement is complete bull.

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 5:42 am

Dutch Government Dropping Kaspersky Software Over Spying Fears

The Dutch government is phasing out the use of anti-virus software made by Russian firm Kaspersky Lab amid fears of possible spying, despite vehement denials by the Moscow-based cybersecurity company.

The Dutch Justice and Security ministry said in a statement late Monday the decision had been taken as a "precautionary measure" in order "to guarantee national security."

https://www.voanews.com/a/dutch-governm ... 94581.html

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 5:50 am

anrec80 wrote:
And - what’s wrong with the second MS-21? Some here mention “Russia’s abysmal state” - well, the MS-21 was demonstrated as a success of Russia, and it certainly is - at last someone does something new in narrow-body segment. Both Airbus and Boeing are still capitalizing on 1980-s designs with their A320 and B737, and nobody sees any issues with this. Russians did move away from Tu-204 or designs based on it, even though it was developed and first flew around the same time as A320 and 737NG.

If you want to talk about the MS-21, that is fine, there is a whole part of the forum dedicated to that, you might actually say it is what brings most of us together here.

But com'on, even for you, pushing your own agenda like that while ignoring what has been said is reaching new heights. I said nothing about the MS-21 itself, I made an assertion about Scorpius and he acknowledged it later on. He had a comment censored he didn't like, exposing yet again his hypocrisy because he is one on this forum whom loves to do ad hominem and in general being aggressive towards others. So do you have an opinion about that?

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 6:08 am

Interesting article about the bridge. Some highlights:

MOSCOW — President Vladimir Putin on Tuesday opened a $4 billion bridge directly linking Russia to Crimea, giving him a propaganda victory that drew condemnation from the West and served as the latest demonstration of his personalized system of power.

Putin, clad in jeans and a jacket, walked on the Russian end of the 12-mile-long, four-lane bridge alongside the business mogul who built it — Arkady Rotenberg, the president’s former judo partner. Then Putin took the wheel and drove over the Kerch Strait of the Black Sea in an orange Kamaz dump truck — manufactured by a state-owned company headed by Sergey Chemezov, Putin’s KGB colleague in East Germany in the 1980s. Both Rotenberg and Chemezov are under U.S. sanctions.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov had earlier told journalists that Putin’s bridge project showed that “even the most ambitious plans can be realized when they are implemented by him.”

It also underscored the Putin-centric system of political and economic patronage in Russia. Rotenberg’s role as the builder of the bridge showed how Russia’s billionaires have been able to leverage their closeness to Putin to further enrich themselves — while also rendering services to the state.

Ukraine should just bomb the bridge, it is illegally built on their territory, so they are in their right to demolish it.

It also underscored the Putin-centric system of political and economic patronage in Russia. Rotenberg’s role as the builder of the bridge showed how Russia’s billionaires have been able to leverage their closeness to Putin to further enrich themselves — while also rendering services to the state.

The focus on Putin’s role, however, also hinted at a less flattering reality: the untold number of poor roads, railroads and bridges across the country that don’t benefit from the president’s personal patronage. The World Bank ranks the quality of Russia’s trade and transport infrastructure at 94th in the world, just behind Tunisia and ahead of Colombia.

Across the country, Russians complain of corruption and poor execution hindering much-needed public works repairs and infrastructure projects. The government’s push to pour money into Crimea will mean even fewer funds for projects elsewhere, said Dmitry Oreshkin, a Moscow political analyst.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/pu ... 4487ed2be5

So the story of the bridge is actually the story of current Russian state:
- autocratic thus centralized regime
- personality cult around Putin
- distraction from the truth, look here a shiny new bridge, don't look at the fact we are 94th in the world in infrastructure we have a shiny new bridge, bling bling.
- misappropriation of state funds
- corruption by people near Putin which hold him into power
- aggression towards its neighbors

Intersting story indeed.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Wed May 16, 2018 7:30 am

anrec80 wrote:

It is very funny to look at Dutchy, who is trying so hard in his attempts to denigrate Russia and show it in a negative light. On absolutely neutral news about opening of the bridge to the Crimea (which intended to build more than 50 years, including together with Ukraine).
Especially funny are his statements about my "aggressiveness" against the background of Dutchy demands to bomb the bridge to Crimea.

WIederling

Wed May 16, 2018 9:21 am

Dutchy wrote:

The Dutch government is phasing out the use of anti-virus software made by Russian firm Kaspersky Lab amid fears of possible spying, despite vehement denials by the Moscow-based cybersecurity company.

The Dutch Justice and Security ministry said in a statement late Monday the decision had been taken as a "precautionary measure" in order "to guarantee national security."

Getting rid of the NSA Uber Spy stuff that seeps in via Microsoft products would provide a quantum leap in improved security.:-)
Murphy is an optimist

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 9:52 am

WIederling wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Getting rid of the NSA Uber Spy stuff that seeps in via Microsoft products would provide a quantum leap in improved security.:-)

America isn't an autocratic country without checks and balances, like Putin's Russia.

WIederling

Wed May 16, 2018 10:03 am

Dutchy wrote:
America isn't an autocratic country without checks and balances, like Putin's Russia.

The US is not autocratic. I give you that.

But those checks and balances seem to have been neutered rather carefully.
Just look at that dealmaking judicative, pork barrel legislation,
an alien infested POTUS with a mental basket case sitting as national security advisor, ...

The US, me semeth, is a Backroom Oligarchy with a representative head of state
and also a representative democratic front :-)
Murphy is an optimist

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 1:50 pm

WIederling wrote:
The US is not autocratic. I give you that.

Thanks man, for acknowledging a fact, how unlike you.

anrec80

Wed May 16, 2018 2:49 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Interesting article about the bridge.

Ukraine should just bomb the bridge, it is illegally built on their territory, so they are in their right to demolish.

Intersting story indeed.

Are you seriously offering Ukrainians to bomb Russians? You recall the history of 2014. First, in April of that year they bombed Luhansk already. Consequences still don’t have an end in sight. Second - what to bomb with? By the fall of that very same year Ukraine ran out of Air Force - all the planes were hit.

Last but not least - even Gen. Mattis from Trump Administration avoids like hell any attempts to talk to Russians using language of bombs. Even sanctions don’t work there obviously. And you are offering that to the Ukrainian drunkard? Even after 3 bottles of vodka he realizes should he do something like this he is simply not destined to sober up. Or, at best, this would be the last time ever he was to get wasted.

Every single Ukrainian “democratic leader” and “patriotic” idiot just needs to get through his head - crimea is gone thanks to their own “patriotic” efforts. And leave such ideas alone.

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 2:55 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Interesting article about the bridge.

Ukraine should just bomb the bridge, it is illegally built on their territory, so they are in their right to demolish.

Intersting story indeed.

Are you seriously offering Ukrainians to bomb Russians? You recall the history of 2014. First, in April of that year they bombed Luhansk already. Consequences still don’t have an end in sight. Second - what to bomb with? By the fall of that very same year Ukraine ran out of Air Force - all the planes were hit.

Last but not least - even Gen. Mattis from Trump Administration avoids like hell any attempts to talk to Russians using language of bombs. Even sanctions don’t work there obviously. And you are offering that to the Ukrainian drunkard? Even after 3 bottles of vodka he realizes should he do something like this he is simply not destined to sober up. Or, at best, this would be the last time ever he was to get wasted.

Every single Ukrainian “democratic leader” and “patriotic” idiot just needs to get through his head - crimea is gone thanks to their own “patriotic” efforts. And leave such ideas alone.

So out of all those points raised, you decide to pick my comment which obviously isn't all that seriously. I guess satire doesn't suit you.

Tugger

Wed May 16, 2018 3:12 pm

What I think is funny and telling is that based on Putin's dictation Russia spends over $50 billion on one Winter Olympics and $4 billion one one bridge, vanity projects get support from Putin and meanwhile trash is overrunning its landfills and the rest of its road are among the worst in the world.

Putin is a vainglorious leader (of course so is Trump but he can't dictate anything). But that is Russia's problem to deal with. We will see if their new budget promises end up actually happening.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 3:41 pm

Tugger wrote:
What I think is funny and telling is that based on Putin's dictation Russia spends over $50 billion on one Winter Olympics and $4 billion one one bridge, vanity projects get support from Putin and meanwhile trash is overrunning its landfills and the rest of its road are among the worst in the world.

No, probably a way to get taxpayers money into the pockets of Putin and his friends. The Winter Olympics is a prime example, an estimated 20-25% of that 50bn is corruption. Just look at the inflated budget for proof.

Beautiful symbioses, Putin gets to play the hero in front of the world and especially for Russians - sad thing, it works, just look at the reaction here of the Putin adapts - and in the meantime, he can continue to rob the Russian state:
- Winter Olympics in a sun resort
- Bridge
- WC football

Massive expensive events to organize and thus many ways to skim from the tops.

anrec80

Wed May 16, 2018 4:03 pm

Dutchy wrote:

So out of all those points raised, you decide to pick my comment which obviously isn't all that seriously. I guess satire doesn't suit you.

Ahhh - so that was satire. Glad to hear. See, such things are spoken seriously too often. In Ukraine, it’s very uncommon to hear serious suggestions along these lines. Such as to bomb the bridge, to explode it, to photograph from satellites every single car passing over it, etc. And Western officials and Western media also gladly pick these Ukrainian “ideas” and even say “we trust them”.

Tugger

Wed May 16, 2018 4:34 pm

anrec80 wrote:
and even say “we trust them”.

Well the problem is Russia invaded Ukraine and is occupying their territory so it is difficult to "trust" when the country that has stolen land will not release it. I honestly do not see how Russia will extricate itself from this situation they created. Too prideful.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

KICT

Wed May 16, 2018 4:35 pm

Regarding Russia, it's a shame targeted political assassinations are frowned upon. Putin needs to be taken out.
It's also a shame that the people of Russia stood idly by as their democracy turned into a mafia state. WEAK!

Scipio

Wed May 16, 2018 4:36 pm

US State Department statement on opening of Kerch bridge:

The United States condemns Russia’s construction and partial opening of the Kerch Strait Bridge between Russia and occupied Crimea, which was done without the permission of the government of Ukraine. Crimea is part of Ukraine. Russia’s construction of the bridge serves as a reminder of Russia’s ongoing willingness to flout international law.

The bridge represents not only an attempt by Russia to solidify its unlawful seizure and its occupation of Crimea, but also impedes navigation by limiting the size of ships that can transit the Kerch Strait, the only path to reach Ukraine’s territorial waters in the Sea of Azov. We call on Russia not to impede this shipping.

The United States has sanctioned numerous individuals and entities involved in this project. These and our other Crimea-related sanctions will remain in place until Russia returns control of the peninsula to Ukraine.

We once again reaffirm our commitment to Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity and recall the international community’s expression of that commitment in UN General Assembly Resolution 68/262.

http://www.state.gov/r/pa/prs/ps/2018/05/282116.htm

EU Statement on the partial opening of the Kerch Bridge

Statement by the Spokesperson on the partial opening of the Kerch Bridge

The Russian Federation has constructed the Kerch Bridge to the Crimean Peninsula without Ukraine's consent. This constitutes another violation of Ukraine's sovereignty and territorial integrity by Russia. The construction of the bridge aims at the further forced integration of the illegally-annexed peninsula with Russia and its isolation from Ukraine of which it remains a part. The bridge limits the passage of vessels via the Kerch Strait to Ukrainian ports in the Azov Sea.

The European Union continues to condemn the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol by Russia and will not recognise this violation of international law.

http://eeas.europa.eu/headquarters/head ... -bridge_en

UK FCO statement on opening of Kerch bridge:

Minister for Europe Sir Alan Duncan condemned the opening of the bridge from Russia to Crimea, and highlighted the UK’s concerns about human rights in Crimea.

Sir Alan Duncan said:

Crimea is part of Ukraine, and its annexation by Russia is a breach of international law.

The opening of this bridge represents yet another violation of Ukraine’s sovereignty, and a further example of Russia’s reckless behaviour. We continue to work with partners to oppose the annexation, including by maintaining a robust package of sanctions.

The UK also remains deeply concerned by the human rights situation in Crimea, where we have seen the systematic persecution of minority groups and of those who voice their opposition to Russia’s illegal annexation of the territory. We call again for Russia to release all Ukrainian political prisoners held in Crimea and in Russia, and to allow unrestrained access for international human rights monitoring bodies to the peninsula.

http://www.gov.uk/government/news/fco-s ... rch-bridge

Dutchy

Wed May 16, 2018 4:52 pm

anrec80 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Ahhh - so that was satire. Glad to hear. See, such things are spoken seriously too often. In Ukraine, it’s very uncommon to hear serious suggestions along these lines. Such as to bomb the bridge, to explode it, to photograph from satellites every single car passing over it, etc. And Western officials and Western media also gladly pick these Ukrainian “ideas” and even say “we trust them”.

Don't believe in violence, but Ukraine would be perfectly in its right to do so, it is their territory occupied by a foreign power. But seriously, no comment on all the other points raised? So I presume you agree with them all, good to hear.

WIederling

Thu May 17, 2018 7:43 am

KICT wrote:
Regarding Russia, it's a shame targeted political assassinations are frowned upon. Putin needs to be taken out.
It's also a shame that the people of Russia stood idly by as their democracy turned into a mafia state. WEAK!

Presidential candidate Yeltsin was instantiated by way of massive ( and rather underhanded) election help from the US.
Yeltsin was a drunkard who pissed away the remaining wealth of the Soviet Union to the Western leaning mafiose Oligarchs.

Follow up to Yeltsin was Vladimir Putin, viewed at the time ( my guess) as a colorless KGB apparatchik, putty in the hands of Yeltsins US overlords.:-) didn't quite play out as intended. He actually and under the hood is the patriot that a lot of Americans pretend to be.

I don't see a "Lost Democracy" on the way from 1990 to Today. I see the reign of Yeltsin as the lowest
and today's Russia as the highest point up to now on the way to a fair society.
Murphy is an optimist

L410Turbolet

Thu May 17, 2018 9:02 am

WIederling wrote:
I don't see a "Lost Democracy" on the way from 1990 to Today. I see the reign of Yeltsin as the lowest

Would not expect otherwise from a notorious Putinversteher... :roll:

Dutchy

Thu May 17, 2018 9:28 am

WIederling wrote:
Follow up to Yeltsin was Vladimir Putin, viewed at the time ( my guess) as a colorless KGB apparatchik, putty in the hands of Yeltsins US overlords.:-) didn't quite play out as intended. He actually and under the hood is the patriot that a lot of Americans pretend to be.

Brilliant how indoctrination works and how effective propaganda actually is.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Thu May 17, 2018 9:48 pm

I have a serious question to Russophobes who came here: What are you doing here?
Seriously, why are you going on about this?
L410Turbolet, which splatters immediately spit screaming about bad Russian, seized Czechoslovakia: Czechoslovakia your that you hate so much, was ruled by the Czechs, and not Russian. That's one. Second, the number of victims among the Czechs in 1968 was several dozen times less than the number of victims of the" democratic " bombing of Serbia in 1999, which your beloved Czech Republic happily supported. The Russians in 1968 could easily wind up all Czechoslovakia with all its dissenters on the tracks of tanks, but they did not. The Russians, if you remember, generally have much less experience of suppressing people's discontent than any of the European countries, which are widely distinguished in their colonies. So why don't you first pay attention to your Russophobe howling on page and particularly in this thread. I don't give a shit what the hell you were doing in your propaganda-washed head. I'm telling here about Russia - the way it is not in the Western media propaganda releases. Please respect my right to Express my point of view - or get out of the topic.

I have not once stated. Russia has its own point of view, has its own political interests. And you have to reckon with them. All of Russia's current actions are only a response to the actions of the brazen US and the EU. We have been warned for twenty years-do not approach our borders with our military bases - we have been ignored. Now you get a response. If you continue to pursue a policy in the same idiotic way, Russia will respond symmetrically. Ultimately, Europe and the US will be in ruins, if you want it that way.
Once again, this is not Russia's choice. It's the choice of those idiots who rule the US and the EU. If you support their Russophobia-you're the same idiot.
Each of your Russophobic statement-this is another strong argument for the start of the war in the near future. It is simply a statement of fact. If you think you're capable of winning world war III - congratulations, you're an idiot.

Russia has conceded for too long-now the limit for concessions is over. Further Russia will move only forward. The closest analogy is a spring. It is shrinking only to certain limits, and Russia has already reached these limits, as it has repeatedly warned.
I hope that I have clearly outlined the prospects for further relations between Russia and the West while maintaining the current trends. In Russia nobody cares about what we think about the Americans or the Czechs or the poles or someone else. We act on our interests because we have already seen that the West is not capable of making a settlement, and all the agreements with the West are not worth the paper on which they are written.

And I once again have to ask the local Russophobes - get out of this topic. If you want to yell about what is wrong with Russia - create your topic there and yell as much as necessary. Here I want to post news from Russia, and not to refute the dull lies of another Dutchy. In any case recall, that theme is called "from Russia with true." Not from the Netherlands, not from the Czech Republic, not from the UK or USA. from Russia. This topic is devoted to the reflection of the point of view of Russia and ordinary Russians on the events. Not some Russophobe Dutchy with his ridiculous tales. And not offended by the Czechs L410.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Thu May 17, 2018 10:11 pm

YouTube blogger Alena Bardovskaya, a resident of the Crimea, covers the events in Crimea in some detail. There are subtitles.
https://youtu.be/pxpbLcJdXBI

Dutchy

Thu May 17, 2018 10:32 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Please respect my right to Express my point of view - or get out of the topic.

You have your right to post your bullshit, I have my right to contribute the truth about Russia. Free speech is a bitch, I know, learn to live with it or don't post here anymore. Your rights of expressing your point of views have not been tampered with, you want to tamper and censors the rights of others because you don't like their point of view. Exposing you once again as a hypocrite.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Thu May 17, 2018 11:10 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

You have your right to post your bullshit, I have my right to contribute the truth about Russia. Free speech is a bitch, I know, learn to live with it or don't post here anymore. Your rights of expressing your point of views have not been tampered with, you want to tamper and censors the rights of others because you don't like their point of view. Exposing you once again as a hypocrite.

You're not writing the truth - you're writing a miserable lie that doesn't even cost time to expose it. So just get out of here - you have a whole forum for expressing their Russophobia, and freedom of speech, your statement is irrelevant, as they are offtopic to the subject. Ha, do you really think you're telling the TRUTH about Russia? You who didn't live in Russia day? It's dumb even for you, Dutchy. I am from Russia, and in this topic I talk about Russia and how Russia sees the events taking place. If you like it or to tell "truth" about Russia from Holland - walk and create own subject, but not stay out of this. You're not Russian - you can't speak for Russian here. No one gave you that right. If you want to weave your propaganda about Russia - do it not here.

Everyone reading can see perfectly well that you already run out of pants so here trying to mess the shit out of any positive news from Russia. You are trying to prevent me from communicating the Russian point of view to readers, at the same time you are shouting something about freedom of speech. It seems to me that any normal person is able to understand which of us is a hypocrite.

Tugger

Thu May 17, 2018 11:35 pm

Scorpius wrote:
YouTube blogger Alena Bardovskaya, a resident of the Crimea, covers the events in Crimea in some detail. There are subtitles.

Do you have any sources that aren't essentially paid to express a favorable position? Her moving to an occupied territory and being OK or supportive of it makes me doubt everything she states.

Tugg

Dutchy

Fri May 18, 2018 5:33 am

Scorpius wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

You're not writing the truth - you're writing a miserable lie that doesn't even cost time to expose it.

Oh, Scorpius, did you break your "talk to hand" routine again, just for me, I feel honored. But Scorpius, please why don't you expose me then if it doesn't cost any time. Instead, you become angry and abusive, but you do not come with any credible evidence and all independent research into Russia or compare it to other nations you wave away as propaganda. Sorry, that just doesn't fly. You started here as a genuine effort engage, as did I try to and thus stay clear of current affairs. Alas, you want to put the manure of Russia propaganda here, fine, but expect a reaction.

Scorpius wrote:
So just get out of here - you have a whole forum for expressing their Russophobia, and freedom of speech, your statement is irrelevant, as they are offtopic to the subject. Ha, do you really think you're telling the TRUTH about Russia? You who didn't live in Russia day? It's dumb even for you, Dutchy. I am from Russia, and in this topic I talk about Russia and how Russia sees the events taking place. If you like it or to tell "truth" about Russia from Holland - walk and create own subject, but not stay out of this. You're not Russian - you can't speak for Russian here. No one gave you that right. If you want to weave your propaganda about Russia - do it not here.

Everyone reading can see perfectly well that you already run out of pants so here trying to mess the shit out of any positive news from Russia. You are trying to prevent me from communicating the Russian point of view to readers, at the same time you are shouting something about freedom of speech. It seems to me that any normal person is able to understand which of us is a hypocrite.

The simple truth is that you want to have a thread all to yourself, where no one can react to unless it is favorable to your Putin's Russia. That is a bizarre request, even for you. This is a public forum, where anyone could expose - sorry, engage - with each other and thus can react to anything one like. If you would like it in another way, that is fine, ask to be a moderator and start a locked thread where only you could post and perhaps a few of your fellow Putin lovers.

Also, there is quite an accusation in here: Russophobia. Could you please elaborate on that, why you think I am a Russophobe? I know you read my comments here, and as you can see, all of them are about the Putin regime, so you can accuse me of being Putinphobe I guess, but Russophobe, no. Or is it as bad with you that you do not distinguish Putin from Russia anymore?

Scorpius
Topic Author

Fri May 18, 2018 7:45 am

Tugger wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Do you have any sources that aren't essentially paid to express a favorable position? Her moving to an occupied territory and being OK or supportive of it makes me doubt everything she states.

Tugg

You are now demonstrating the approach:"I do not like what she says - then it can not be true."
The truth does not depend on whether you like it personally or not. The only way guaranteed to check the mood in the Crimea is your personal visit and communication with local residents.
If you haven't noticed - in video there is a citizen of Ukraine who lives in the city of Nikolaev. He has his own YouTube blog, where he posts a video about Crimea, where he covers his vision of the situation:
https://youtu.be/Kx3kThl8kKA?list=PLXc9 ... _6rL14uVHR

There are a lot of such blogs on YouTube, only on the topic of Crimea you can find several dozen. The only thing is, not all of them have subtitles, so to understand, you should have at least minimal knowledge of the Russian language. The subtitles are mainly found on the most well-known channels such as blog Alena Bardovskaya, or blog, with the title "Captain of Crimea" ( a link to the blog: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfVh6yn8YNwNIQQy6nQC7Iw).
There is also a channel" Tamir Sheikh", which leads Maxim Shikhaliyev. There's also a video with subtitles: https://youtu.be/0v_g7vGfjdU.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Fri May 18, 2018 8:12 am

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

You're not writing the truth - you're writing a miserable lie that doesn't even cost time to expose it.

Oh, Scorpius, did you break your "talk to hand" routine again, just for me, I feel honored. But Scorpius, please why don't you expose me then if it doesn't cost any time. Instead, you become angry and abusive, but you do not come with any credible evidence and all independent research into Russia or compare it to other nations you wave away as propaganda. Sorry, that just doesn't fly. You started here as a genuine effort engage, as did I try to and thus stay clear of current affairs. Alas, you want to put the manure of Russia propaganda here, fine, but expect a reaction.

Scorpius wrote:
So just get out of here - you have a whole forum for expressing their Russophobia, and freedom of speech, your statement is irrelevant, as they are offtopic to the subject. Ha, do you really think you're telling the TRUTH about Russia? You who didn't live in Russia day? It's dumb even for you, Dutchy. I am from Russia, and in this topic I talk about Russia and how Russia sees the events taking place. If you like it or to tell "truth" about Russia from Holland - walk and create own subject, but not stay out of this. You're not Russian - you can't speak for Russian here. No one gave you that right. If you want to weave your propaganda about Russia - do it not here.

The simple truth is that you want to have a thread all to yourself, where no one can react to unless it is favorable to your Putin's Russia. That is a bizarre request, even for you. This is a public forum, where anyone could expose - sorry, engage - with each other and thus can react to anything one like. If you would like it in another way, that is fine, ask to be a moderator and start a locked thread where only you could post and perhaps a few of your fellow Putin lovers.

Also, there is quite an accusation in here: Russophobia. Could you please elaborate on that, why you think I am a Russophobe? I know you read my comments here, and as you can see, all of them are about the Putin regime, so you can accuse me of being Putinphobe I guess, but Russophobe, no. Or is it as bad with you that you do not distinguish Putin from Russia anymore?

Your Russophobia, Dutchy, is expressed first in your pathetic attempts to fill up any positive news from Russia under a bunch of propaganda Western lies. Besides, you've already stated here how much you hate Russians (wrong Russians who don't support your position, ha-ha). Your lies I've already exposed. Example - my analysis of your post #655 in this thread. Where you showed, for example, a photo of Chechen terrorasts, many of whom are now ISIL members, and gave this photo as a photo of allegedly Russians.

You constantly run into this topic to write here another lie that would put Russia in a negative light. As soon as you begin to make remarks that you lied, you begin to accuse all with you of disagreeing that they are Putin's agents. By the way, if you are so dear to Putin: at the moment he is the President of the Russian Federation. The President of the Russian Federation is the official representative of the country and its multi-ethnic people. Insulting our President-you show disrespect to all the people of Russia. At the same time, it does not matter who is in this post - Putin, Yeltsin, Medvedev or any other conventional Trump.
Similarly, the mockery of our symbols-the Flag, the Emblem or the Anthem - is an insult to all the people of Russia. Including over the Soviet symbols-because the USSR is the country in which most of the citizens of Russia were born and lived. By the way, I will notice that I have not said a single bad word to Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand so far. I mean, unlike you, I don't stoop to insulting a national leader.
I also, for example, do not stoop to insult people on the basis of their religious beliefs. I am an atheist, but the idea of insulting the Pope will not occur to me, based only on the fact that my views are fundamentally different from his views in this plane. You allow yourself just like that-you insult the leader of the nation on the grounds that his actions do not meet your wishes.You've been told that by other people besides me, more than once.You've been told that by other people besides me, more than once.

WIederling

Fri May 18, 2018 1:49 pm

L410Turbolet wrote:

Dutchy wrote:

This is so much like medieval witch hunt times.

"Earth is flat and at the center of the universe.
If you do not follow our lead we will burn you on the stake
because you obviously are a facet of the devil incarnate."
Murphy is an optimist

Tugger

Fri May 18, 2018 1:55 pm

Scorpius wrote:
You are now demonstrating the approach:"I do not like what she says - then it can not be true."
The truth does not depend on whether you like it personally or not.

Ummm... the exact same thing applies to your comments on the USA and Europe and their intentions or motivations etc.

Tugg

Dutchy

Fri May 18, 2018 8:16 pm

Let's analyze your post.

Scorpius wrote:
Your Russophobia, Dutchy, is expressed first in your pathetic attempts to fill up any positive news from Russia under a bunch of propaganda Western lies.

What positive news have you posted? The Putin limousine? Did I trash that? The MS21 second prototype flight? Did I trash that? Or do you perhaps mean a bridge which has been build in violation of international law? I did mention that is illegal, could you show me where the lie is? If not, please be a boy and apologize, because accusing someone of lying is quite an insult on a personal level.

Scorpius wrote:
Besides, you've already stated here how much you hate Russians (wrong Russians who don't support your position, ha-ha). Your lies I've already exposed. Example - my analysis of your post #655 in this thread. Where you showed, for example, a photo of Chechen terrorasts, many of whom are now ISIL members, and gave this photo as a photo of allegedly Russians.

Where did I said I hate Russians? Could you please find the exact spot, I know you can do this because you found one post I made a mistake apparently with one photo. Please show more lies, and remember a lie is intentional and not just simply a mistake.

Scorpius wrote:
You constantly run into this topic to write here another lie that would put Russia in a negative light.

Again which lies, show them to me, simple: what I wrote --> credible evidence from a credible source which shows that I lied.

Scorpius wrote:
As soon as you begin to make remarks that you lied, you begin to accuse all with you of disagreeing that they are Putin's agents.

I say behaving like a Putin troll, it is well known that Putin's government has a troll army trolling many western websites, just like this one, trying to influence public opinion. So behaving like something, doesn't make you one. And this behavior is well known: whataboutisms, framing, attacking etc. All behaviors you also show here in this thread, this post including. And more importantly showing that there isn't one ounce of critical thinking about Russia or Putin. I have posted that question to you and your fellow Putin supporters many times and the most critical thinking I have encountered is that Putin didn't break with the west vast enough, a.k.a. current policy should have done sooner. That isn't critical thinking, that is endorsing him like a demi-God whom can't do anything wrong. It is all fine, but your credibility is down the drain.

Scorpius wrote:
By the way, if you are so dear to Putin: at the moment he is the President of the Russian Federation. The President of the Russian Federation is the official representative of the country and its multi-ethnic people. Insulting our President-you show disrespect to all the people of Russia. At the same time, it does not matter who is in this post - Putin, Yeltsin, Medvedev or any other conventional Trump.

Bull, where have I insulted Putin? I think you mean something like a Putin regime or something along those lines. Posting it in that way, you can't criticize anybody for their deeds. If you feel that is in insult to all Russians, you have a real hard life, because a vast majority of the westerners if not all have criticized their own political leader at one time or another. And if you want to enforce that, it will make any relationship you have untruth and unreal.

Scorpius wrote:
Similarly, the mockery of our symbols-the Flag, the Emblem or the Anthem - is an insult to all the people of Russia. Including over the Soviet symbols-because the USSR is the country in which most of the citizens of Russia were born and lived.

Again, bull, so saying the NAZI flag is a symbol of evil is an insult to Germans? I think it is highly doubtful if you will find this opinion mainstream in Germany. USSR is the same, this system killed more people then NAZI regime, again it shows that you lack any critical thinking about the past. You have been known to glorify the USSR, that is fine, but you deserve the mockery.

Scorpius wrote:
By the way, I will notice that I have not said a single bad word to Willem-Alexander Claus George Ferdinand so far. I mean, unlike you, I don't stoop to insulting a national leader.

Haha, okey.
> you have insulted in a very harsh way, many on this side. So you are the last person on this forum whom can ride the moral high ground. You have stopped so low, that you have to look up to the bottom.
> WillemLex isn't the national leader, so that shows disrespect to our national leader Rutte. And I guess you just show disrespect to the Netherlands, so I should be hugely insulted in your book. I only think it shows your ignorance, especially since you clearly looked up his name and inadvertently used all his names which no-one uses. He is called his His Royal Highness Willem-Alexander. It only shows that you actually know nothing about western countries and how they are organized. Kingdoms in Europe aren't autocratic like Putin, they are democratic and the power lies with parliament.
> WillemLex is an unelected civil servant with an appointment for life whom mean attribution is crawling out of the right uterus. He has actually less civil rights then a normal adult in the Netherlands, he can't speak for himself, the government is responsible for him.
> But if you want to start a thread about the Netherlands, I am more then happy to contribute and trash the Royal family and to become a republic, which we essentially are. This thread is about Russia, so why would I say a bad word about Prins Pils here? That would be off topic, don't you think?

Scorpius wrote:
I also, for example, do not stoop to insult people on the basis of their religious beliefs. I am an atheist, but the idea of insulting the Pope will not occur to me, based only on the fact that my views are fundamentally different from his views in this plane. You allow yourself just like that-you insult the leader of the nation on the grounds that his actions do not meet your wishes.

You have made insulting people into an art form, so again you are the last person to ride the moral high ground. Again if you look carefully I tend to criticize the deeds or views of people, not the person itself. And that is your fundamental problem, not distinquising between the person and their deeds.

[quote="Scorpius"]You've been told that by other people besides me, more than once.You've been told that by other people besides me, more than once./quote] Like whom, name two and then not your fellow Putin adepts.

Let me give you an ultimatum: show 5 lies from me, so with credible evidence and sources and context or apologize to me for calling me a lier. If not, I will ask the moderators to expend your account on the grounds of insulting repeatedly everyone whom disagrees with you. I am fed up with your insults, your behavior is a disgrace. You have until May 25th. Your choice!

Dutchy

Fri May 18, 2018 8:26 pm

WIederling wrote:
L410Turbolet wrote:

Dutchy wrote:

This is so much like medieval witch hunt times.

"Earth is flat and at the center of the universe.
If you do not follow our lead we will burn you on the stake
because you obviously are a facet of the devil incarnate."

Saying that with Putin regime on its way to a fair society is just too funny with oligarchs in charge and the oligarch in chief owning up to 200bn USD from a governmental salary. Putin is heading a corrupt regime which is there to suck the country as dry as they can without collapsing it. But I get it, stating facts is in your eyes a witch hunt. :lol:

Scorpius
Topic Author

Fri May 18, 2018 9:13 pm

1. Ultimatums, Dutchy, you're going to push your grandmother. I don't even know much further you can fall - you're angrily shaking his fist, threatening to remove the opponent from the forum because you don't like the opinion of the opponent. A beautiful illustration of" freedom of speech " reigning in the West - you just say the wrong opinion - and you go to prison.

Dutchy wrote:
Saying that with Putin regime on its way to a fair society is just too funny with oligarchs in charge and the oligarch in chief owning up to 200bn USD from a governmental salary. Putin is heading a corrupt regime which is there to suck the country as dry as they can without collapsing it. But I get it, stating facts is in your eyes a witch hunt. :lol:

Another one of your lies, Dutchy. Putin has no $ 200 billion. Unlike most of your politicians, for example.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Fri May 18, 2018 9:15 pm

Tugger wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Ummm... the exact same thing applies to your comments on the USA and Europe and their intentions or motivations etc.

Tugg

To understand the motives and intentions of the US and the EU, just look at the map of NATO bases and the map of NATO expansion since 1990. It's simple.

Dutchy

Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 pm

Scorpius wrote:
1. Ultimatums, Dutchy, you're going to push your grandmother. I don't even know much further you can fall - you're angrily shaking his fist, threatening to remove the opponent from the forum because you don't like the opinion of the opponent. A beautiful illustration of" freedom of speech " reigning in the West - you just say the wrong opinion - and you go to prison.

I clearly said because of your behavior and your insults, nothing about your opinions. And that is a prime example that you read what you want to read, not what is actually being said.

So you choose not to apologize?

Scorpius wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Another one of your lies, Dutchy. Putin has no $ 200 billion. Unlike most of your politicians, for example.

Ok, you know the difference between up to 200bn usd and 200bn USD? 1bn is also up to 200bn USD. 100million usd is also up to 200bn USD. And too many indications that Putin and his family has way more than their government salaries would suggest. The 200bn figure is not from me, but from someone whom actually did the research, but I give you one thing, Putin is intransparent about his wealth, so nobody knows, including you that this isn't the case. So that is another accusation of lying which turns out not to be true, yet again. So still 5 to go.

Now name five, no one of my politicians that has 200bn, no let's make it 100bn or 1 bn.

So can I conclude you choose not to apologize?

Dutchy

Fri May 18, 2018 9:52 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

Tugg

To understand the motives and intentions of the US and the EU, just look at the map of NATO bases and the map of NATO expansion since 1990. It's simple.

What is simple, what is your conclusion? Be specific, not just a loose comment which are easy to make.

Scipio

Fri May 18, 2018 10:58 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Hi all. I'm from Russia and I'm ready to answer your questions. Let's have a little chat. If you are interested, of course.

So, who is afraid of the truth?

Scorpius
Topic Author

Sat May 19, 2018 8:45 pm

Scipio wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
Hi all. I'm from Russia and I'm ready to answer your questions. Let's have a little chat. If you are interested, of course.

So, who is afraid of the truth?

If you haven't noticed, I'm not afraid of the truth. Truths are afraid such as Dutchy.

Scorpius
Topic Author

Sat May 19, 2018 8:47 pm

Dutchy wrote:

After you apologize for your behavior and your false accusations about MH17, Dutchy.

Dutchy

Mon May 21, 2018 2:13 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

After you apologize for your behavior and your false accusations about MH17, Dutchy.

Which behavior precisely? And which false accusations about MH17 precisely? With a quote please.