No in the West, freedom of speech, or free press, or human rights, etc, etc. About what press freedom is about, if you constantly censor the press? RT under permanent sanctions - this is censorship. What about the human rights in question, if NATO countries attacking countries around the world and the killing of civilians, disrupting their main right - the right to life?
What kind of free market is it when we all have eyes the story unfolds with Embraer, and protective tariffs at 300%? What about trade quotas in the EU? What kind of freedom?
You say that the West is freedom, and in Russia it not? But in Russia you can't be imprisoned because of the word "Nigger", because in Russia it's not in a negative sense, and in Russia, there was racial segregation. We have the country's population of 180 different nationalities. We do not prohibit planting fruits and vegetables on their land.
In Russia, much much easier, or not a problem, unlike the EU and USA.
Corruption in Russia, by the way, is several times lower than in Ukraine and is approximately on the same level as in the United States.
- Does the west censor the press? Please give me your source. I have one:
* The Netherlands: 5
* Russia: 148 https://rsf.org/en/ranking_table
- "RT under permanent sanctions": Russia Today is a Kremlin propaganda channel aimed at the west. And show me please where they are under permanent sanctions? If I wanted to, I could watch it, but why would I?
- If the west decides to attack a country, it needs to be cleared by a UNSC resolution (mandate from the UN, which the Russian Federation has inherited the permanent seat of the USSR). Or there needs to be some other way in which international law dictates some action must be taken. Most countries were a mess when actions were taken and the life of civilians are at stake. Civilians aren't targeted by western countries. So the question was to leave the barfight as it was or to try to stop it. Not unlike Russia is claiming to do in other neighboring countries.
- Don't know what you are claiming here. So the N word can be said in Russia and isn't a negative word, so there is freedom? In the Netherlands, you can say it, but you will be talked down (hopefully). 180 nationalities? Ok, but what is your point? I believe there are 181 nationalities in Amsterdam. In the west you can say anything about the current government and go and march in the streets against the government, can you without repercussions? Can journalist write whatever they want about the powers to be? Are gay's left alone in Russia without hassle from anyone, including the law? So I say the universal human rights chapters are much more lived by than in Russia. That can be objectively varied, just see what human right watch, amnesty international or other NGO's write about all countries.
- What is your point about planting fruits and vegetables? Ok, you can, fine. if you own land in the Netherlands you could as well, plant anything you want in your garden. Most don't because it is much easier to go to the store which in on almost any corner (or have it delivered if you wish). The Netherlands is vastly more populated though, so much less land available per person, so land is expensive in the Netherlands.
* Average in the world: 56 / sq km
* 30. The Netherlands: 404 / sq km
* 97. Russia: 9 / sq kmhttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... on_density
Do you have any evidence of a western country which prohibits growing and eating your own fruits and vegetables?
- "Corruption in Russia, by the way, is several times lower than in Ukraine and is approximately on the same level as in the United States." please back this claim up as well. According to the index from Transparency international, this is not correct:
* The Netherlands: 8 / 176
* America: 18 / 176
* Russia: 131 / 176
* Ukraine: 131 / 176
Where do you get vastly different numbers from?
Could it be that you don't have a clue how the west is behaving and how the western countries work and what liberties western citizens have? Or at least have a distorted view of it? Something you continue to blame me (and others) about having of Russia.
All these ratings are numbers, written by men. People paid to Russia was terribly corrupt country, and these people write the ratings to Russia was terribly corrupt country. Come on, you know perfectly well that in the US corruption has long been official. Called "lobbying". Recently in offshore accounts found $10 000 000, which belongs to the Queen of Britain. Even earlier, I remember the terrible scandal with the arrest of the officials of sports committees. Recently in Estonia detained the Minister for fraud. Yes, in the Estonia, which in the ranking to 12th position. As I said earlier - the West is happy to accept Russian oligarchs, knowing that all of their fortunes amassed illegally.
About RT - whatever propaganda or channel in your opinion, the constant attacks on him and the constant restriction is censorship. What kind of free press you can then say?
If the west decides to attack a country, it needs to be cleared by a UNSC resolution
Yeah, he's the mandate, which did not have NATO troops invading Yugoslavia, or Libya, or Syria. Or in Vietnam, or Korea. And I only list the major conflicts, with hundreds of thousands of victims.
Civilians aren't targeted by western countries
too many of them died at the hands of NATO, not to be a target for Western countries.
So the question was to leave the barfight as it was or to try to stop it
This is how to extinguish the fire using a flamethrower.
I believe there are 181 nationalities in Amsterdam
A matter of faith, not knowledge. I know that Russia is home to 194 nationalities. That's not counting included in these ethnic groups. And all these nationalities in Russia there are more than one hundred years. For comparison, in the Netherlands there live representatives of 37 nationalities, most of whom emigrated only recently. In Russia, they are not immigrants - it's their home, here is their story, their culture.
So when I see in the West tell about some kind of Russian nationalism, I say this is bullshit. So I can only say someone who knows nothing about Russia and its history.
In the west you can say anything about the current government and go and march in the streets against the government, can you without repercussions?
Yeah, it's easy - just check first this March in the local town hall. And then for the protection this March will provide the police and arrange for the meeting venue. The problem is that the opposition prefers just not to do it, and conduct such activities with the violation of our laws.
Oh, my God, 50 metres from red square, I personally saw a man who a few hours sticking with a sign on which was written protests against the government - and NONE of these few hours never arrested him, never took and did not come to remove it all on camera. And many of these shares that are held without provocation, peaceful and quiet. But you also do not show - it is not usual to bring under the theme "Oh, the horror - to the terrible Russian people protest against the dictator."
Can journalist write whatever they want about the powers to be?
I too often think that our journalists could write something more objective than they usually write. In Russia at all, for any reason, up a huge hype. Now, in connection with the loss of payload resulting in a crash when launching from the spaceport "East" in the media there is a real hysteria. Media has reached the point that to blame Putin personally. Sat, probably, and wire in the booster "Frigate" sawing. Personally to worsen the life of people, I guess. A bloody dictator.
Are gay's left alone in Russia without hassle from anyone, including the law?
This is a very stupid accusation. In fact, it is so often used, that's annoying. And shows a complete ignorance saying those things about the situation in Russia.
First, you yourself said that you know that in Russia a popular traditional family values. So. In Russia there is a Patriarchal traditionalism. Traditional gender roles - the man is the breadwinner and protector, the woman is a homemaker and teacher of children.
Nobody forbids someone to be gay, lesbian, transvestite or something. But in a society you do not explicitly add yourself to the popularity of such behavior. More than that - everything that happens in your bedroom should stay in the bedroom. The fact that Russia is limited by law in this respect is the fact that prohibited propaganda of homosexuality and other perversions. Primarily it is aimed at protecting our childs from this propaganda. Secondly - to protect the sexual minorities. The society does not want legalization is the right companies. No one will force you to take the test on heterosexuality, others do NOT WANT to KNOW about how and what you indulge yourself in the bedroom.Please respect our right not to know about your sexual preferences. We don't need and we don't want to have anything to do. And all the problems with the law you will not.
By the way, you do not mind that Russian LGBT people often organize events with posters, on which the inscription in English?
That can be objectively varied, just see what human right watch, amnesty international or other NGO's write about all countries
These organizations are just another tools of Western propaganda, and no matter how many times you call them "objective", they will not be objective.
I live in Russia, and I can certainly see how different real life is from the picture, which is created by the Western media.
In order to understand that over the last 18 years of his life in Russia is changing for the better, I don't need to read Newspapers or watch TV. I have enough to go out and look around.