Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

salttee
Topic Author

Re: R u s s i a

Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:59 pm

anrec80, have you ever given any thought as to what the purpose of you spilling this venom here is?

Dutchy

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm

salttee wrote:
anrec80, have you ever given any thought as to what the purpose of you spilling this venom here is?

follow up question, how does it feel to receive blood money?

Dutchy

Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:08 pm

salttee wrote:

follow up question, how does it feel to receive blood money?

Jouhou

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:03 am

I give my condolences for the deadly shopping mall tragedy to the Russians here.

Dutchy

Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:41 am

Jouhou wrote:
I give my condolences for the deadly shopping mall tragedy to the Russians here.

Second that, a terrible tragedy.

bagoldex

Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:08 pm

Good job Russia. Sixty-four dead, mostly children, in a mall fire. In Western Europe and North America we have these things called alarms, sprinklers and fire codes that would have made this tragedy a non-event.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/de ... 7124047413

Dutchy

Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:38 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Good job Russia. Sixty-four dead, mostly children, in a mall fire. In Western Europe and North America we have these things called alarms, sprinklers and fire codes that would have made this tragedy a non-event.

That's uncalled for. Tragedies like these happen everywhere.

bagoldex

Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:00 pm

Dutchy wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

Everywhere? Mostly places like Russia, Pakistan and the Philippines.

Jouhou

Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:05 pm

bagoldex wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

...it happens in the US too. Hence why it's standard practice to ensure fire exits aren't blocked off or face big fines. Because we still have incidents where the loss of life is higher than it should be. It seems the Russians are moving to hold those responsible for the safety of the building accountable. Russian style. They've already detained the owner of the building and others.

Scorpius

Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:55 pm

Jouhou wrote:
bagoldex wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

...it happens in the US too. Hence why it's standard practice to ensure fire exits aren't blocked off or face big fines. Because we still have incidents where the loss of life is higher than it should be. It seems the Russians are moving to hold those responsible for the safety of the building accountable. Russian style. They've already detained the owner of the building and others.

I will tell as the person who five years is engaged in systems of fire protection: this tragedy shouldn't have been if all systems were operated normally. In such buildings there is not only a fire alarm. There are sprinkler fire extinguishing systems, evacuation management systems from the building, smoke removal systems and air support, and stairwells should be unlockable. But it didn't work. Wine clearly lies on the organization that operated the building. By the way, Russian fire regulations are much stricter than in Europe or the United States.

Jouhou

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:03 pm

Scorpius wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
bagoldex wrote:

I will tell as the person who five years is engaged in systems of fire protection: this tragedy shouldn't have been if all systems were operated normally. In such buildings there is not only a fire alarm. There are sprinkler fire extinguishing systems, evacuation management systems from the building, smoke removal systems and air support, and stairwells should be unlockable. But it didn't work. Wine clearly lies on the organization that operated the building. By the way, Russian fire regulations are much stricter than in Europe or the United States.

They are stricter, but out of respect for the victims I was trying not to bring up the caveat there (bribes) which is being claimed by the locals there. I feel even Russia will take it seriously if official corruption led to the deaths of so many children. We will see.

Dutchy

Tue Mar 27, 2018 3:49 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

They are stricter, but out of respect for the victims I was trying not to bring up the caveat there (bribes) which is being claimed by the locals there. I feel even Russia will take it seriously if official corruption led to the deaths of so many children. We will see.

I don't know if Russian fire codes are stricter then the European or US counterparts. We can conclude that they weren't observed otherwise it would not have led to such a tragedy. That happens everywhere the reason why is up for debate and the people responsible should be held accountable if they were willingly and knowingly broke the fire codes. If bribes were in play, then the people whom should enforce these rules and didn't, should be held accountable.

Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:17 pm

My hope is from this tragedy and the outcome for those responsible through stupid ass negligence (like disregarding the fire alarm and locking fucking emergency exits) will lead to other such organizations throughout Russia to revise their policies before they get their asses handed to them by the authorities. And before another such tragedy repeats itself.

Scorpius

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:02 am

bagoldex wrote:

I'd like to punch you in the face for saying that. Like any normal person, however, would have done the same.

Grenfell Tower is it in Pakistan or the Philippines?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4615954/Chilling-images-taken-Grenfell-block-released.html

Scorpius

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:10 am

Jouhou wrote:

There was no bribe. This is either a monstrous negligence (most of the victims were locked in the cinema), or a deliberate act.
Fire-fighting systems were disabled, evacuation exits were closed. But even this in itself would not have led to so many victims.
But someone locked the doors of the cinema, which was a lot of people on the bike lock.
One of the security guards turned off the alarm and evacuation control. Other security guards didn't help to evacuate people from the building and didn't make attempts to open locked doors.
Thus the building was equipped with all put systems of fire protection, and at the time of passing of check by service of the Ministry of emergency situations all these systems worked.

Jouhou

Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:35 am

Scorpius wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

There was no bribe. This is either a monstrous negligence (most of the victims were locked in the cinema), or a deliberate act.
Fire-fighting systems were disabled, evacuation exits were closed. But even this in itself would not have led to so many victims.
But someone locked the doors of the cinema, which was a lot of people on the bike lock.
One of the security guards turned off the alarm and evacuation control. Other security guards didn't help to evacuate people from the building and didn't make attempts to open locked doors.
Thus the building was equipped with all put systems of fire protection, and at the time of passing of check by service of the Ministry of emergency situations all these systems worked.

Many tragedies happen due to such negligence. However you can't say there were no bribes until the investigation is done with now can you? It seems like those who failed in their responsibilities are in hot water over this. As they should be. There is no reason why the cinema airing a children's movie should have been locked, and if an employee had the keys the first thing they should have done is brave the fire to unlock the door. I would hope this was not a deliberate act, as assuming negligence is bad enough.

Dutchy

Wed Mar 28, 2018 9:01 am

Scorpius wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

There was no bribe.

Oh that is good to know. I presume you have in-depth knowledge about this and know all the people involved and we should believe you on your blue eyes because you have proved yourself as trustworthy.

Jouhou

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:21 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

There was no bribe.

Oh that is good to know. I presume you have in-depth knowledge about this and know all the people involved and we should believe you on your blue eyes because you have proved yourself as trustworthy.

It's something that insults them. It's very much a domestic issue that is too widespread for an individual citizen to fix and I'm sure it's frustrating when foreigners bring it up. Kind of like when people bring up Trumpists, as if I had some kind of control over them, it pisses me off.

It's why I was reluctant to broach the issue. We already know our Russians here are pretty nationalistic and will jump to defend against any perceived slight.

However In my example I don't deny they exist, I just don't get why people paint the US with such broad generalizations.

Dutchy

Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:50 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius wrote:

There was no bribe.

It's something that insults them. It's very much a domestic issue that is too widespread for an individual citizen to fix and I'm sure it's frustrating when foreigners bring it up. Kind of like when people bring up Trumpists, as if I had some kind of control over them, it pisses me off.

It's why I was reluctant to broach the issue. We already know our Russians here are pretty nationalistic and will jump to defend against any perceived slight.

However In my example I don't deny they exist, I just don't get why people paint the US with such broad generalizations.

Of course, it insults him, he can't take any criticism on Russia or the Putin regime, it is personal with him. Russia is one of the most corrupt countries in the world, independent research shows it. It is pathetic to deny faults within your country system and Scorpius has proven to do just that, "there was no bribe" line is just in a long line of denying just about everything which in his mind doesn't do justice to the great Russian state or his holy leader.
An adult way of handling it would be: "yeah, there is corruption and we need to take care of that, we don't know if it was the case here, so let's wait for the inquiry"

Just as you, as an American, can't be held responsible for the acts of your president (if you didn't vote for Trump that is), but you can say I don't agree with that and then it is over. Some self-reflection is badly needed by some.

Scorpius

Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:55 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Many tragedies happen due to such negligence. However you can't say there were no bribes until the investigation is done with now can you? It seems like those who failed in their responsibilities are in hot water over this. As they should be. There is no reason why the cinema airing a children's movie should have been locked, and if an employee had the keys the first thing they should have done is brave the fire to unlock the door. I would hope this was not a deliberate act, as assuming negligence is bad enough.

Look, I've already said that I've been working in the field of fire safety for over five years. I know where and where to take bribes, and how. And what it affects. And I know that in recent years, no person in their right mind will sign an act of acceptance into operation of the facility with gross violations of fire safety rules and regulations. Because it's personal. If something happens at the facility and those who were responsible for safety will most likely go to jail. Tell me that you would have the money signed the papers on the subject with violations? Given that in any emergency you risk going to jail for 10 years? Have you ever thought that no corrupt person is more stupid than you?
In the control bodies of work are the same people, they are stupider than others. They also have moral restrictions, and none of them would sign such documents.

Just yesterday there was an interview with an employee of the cinema:
https://youtu.be/U9c15cZ6qug

Today appeared the following information: doors third cinema took the decision to close a man, who later escaped:
https://www.znak.com/2018-03-29/poteryavshiy_pri_pozhare_semyu_kemerovchanin_rasskazal_kto_zakryl_dver_v_kinozale

On this forum as always began the cry "Ah, Ah, this all corruption in Russia!". While none of the foreigners present here have any idea of the situation in Russia.

If we proceed from the statistics over the last 16 years:
in 2003 in Russia there were 239 thousand fires. The fire killed 19.3 per thousand people, of which 700 were children.
in 2017, 132.4 thousand fires occurred in Russia, in which 7.8 thousand people died.

Source: http://wiki-fire.org/Сводная%20статистика%20пожаров%20в%20Российской%20Федерации.ashx
Official statistics of the Ministry of emergency measures of Russia on fires for the years 2003-2017: http://www.mchs.gov.ru/activities/stats/Pozhari

If you do not see the results of systematic work to improve the current situation in the field of fire safety - I do not know how to help you. Compare this data with data from other countries. Yours, for example.

Dutchy

Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:37 pm

Scorpius wrote:
On this forum as always began the cry "Ah, Ah, this all corruption in Russia!". While none of the foreigners present here have any idea of the situation in Russia.

I didn't say this was a case of corruption, even stood up for Russians since I have no beef with ordinary Russians, but Russia is as corrupt as hell, even at Ukranian levels.

I have been to Russia once, and I personally was approached by a police officer whom was looking for a bribe, but that is only anecdotal evidence, so that doesn't count.

DIRECTFLT

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:01 am

Here's a drama on You Tube about Russia that will help you sleep well at night...

The title is called "Forbidden Area"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPdXQwRnoc

Jouhou

Fri Mar 30, 2018 10:31 am

Russians: I have a more collaborative topic for you. You as the US are both allies with the kurds. The U.S. Is only allied to Turkey because nato doesn't have a process for kicking members out. They've gone rogue, they are claiming syrian land as theirs and are there on the premise of killing kurds. Only the US and Russia have the heft to drive them back in their borders. It would work out better if you did it. Is Russia considering this at all? If assad just stopped chemical weapons he'd quickly look like a good guy compared to erdogan, who wants a genocide. Like all partys currently in Syria can agree Turkey needs to go back on their side of the border.

anrec80

Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:15 pm

Jouhou wrote:
Russians: I have a more collaborative topic for you. You as the US are both allies with the kurds. The U.S. Is only allied to Turkey because nato doesn't have a process for kicking members out. They've gone rogue, they are claiming syrian land as theirs and are there on the premise of killing kurds. Only the US and Russia have the heft to drive them back in their borders. It would work out better if you did it. Is Russia considering this at all? If assad just stopped chemical weapons he'd quickly look like a good guy compared to erdogan, who wants a genocide. Like all partys currently in Syria can agree Turkey needs to go back on their side of the border.

See - the first problem here is the following. People from Russia you need to talk to about this and work with on this are under US sanctions.

Jouhou

Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:13 am

anrec80 wrote:
Jouhou wrote:

See - the first problem here is the following. People from Russia you need to talk to about this and work with on this are under US sanctions.

I was more asking how Russian media is reporting on Syria right now. Are Turks considered good or bad? Are Kurds being discussed? Russian media does give a good hint on what Russia's goals are.

Scorpius

Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:22 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Here's a drama on You Tube about Russia that will help you sleep well at night...

The title is called "Forbidden Area"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHPdXQwRnoc

A typical Hollywood cranberries about bad Russians who treacherously want to attack the us. At the same time, it is in the United States considered such plans of preventive nuclear strikes on Soviet cities as the plans of "Dropshot" and "Totality", or Operation Unthinkable.

anrec80

Sun Apr 01, 2018 4:33 am

Jouhou wrote:
I was more asking how Russian media is reporting on Syria right now. Are Turks considered good or bad? Are Kurds being discussed? Russian media does give a good hint on what Russia's goals are.

In Russian media, it's hard to find mentions of "good" or "bad" when applies to a particular country or a leader. They don't tend to operate in emotional categories a-la "axis of evil", like US media and politicians do. Except in extreme circumstances - e.g. a "barbarian pseudo-caliphate" being ISIS. Kurds are being discussed, but not that much, more in neutral tones. Russian diplomacy does work with them on Syria. Similar to Turkey - Erdogan and Turkey is spoken warmly overall. In Middle East, Russians manage to maintaining good or great relationships with pretty much everyone, so it's hard to trace from the media. Official goals - stabilize Syria and return it to legitimate leadership's control (the latter being Assad). They speak warmly of Assad, and provide pretty detailed coverage for Russian humanitarian missions in Syria (e.g. food, medicine supplies, help of Russian doctors).

DIRECTFLT

Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:27 am

salttee wrote:

From the King Cobra himself.

:lol:

salttee
Topic Author

Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:59 pm

DIRECTFLT, your lack of intellect is showing through again.
Above I was asking a Russian troll what his purpose in posting repetitive "hate the US" drivel in a forum where the majority of the posters are American or at least American friendly.

Maybe you're just doing a knee jerk reaction to protect Putin's trolls. But if you're doing that, it seems you could do a better job.

Scorpius

Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:32 am

China's view on developments in world politics: On March 26, the US, Canada, and several European Union countries expelled Russian diplomats from their respective foreign embassies and consulates in retaliation against Russia's alleged poisoning of former double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter. As of this writing, 19 countries, including 15 EU member states, have shown their support to Great Britain by enforcing such measures.

On March 4, Skripal and his daughter Yulia were rushed to a hospital after they were found unconscious at a park in Salisbury. It was later reported the father and daughter had come into contact with an obscure nerve agent. UK government officials said the Skripals were attacked by "Novichok," a powerful Soviet-era chemical nerve agent used by the military.

The British government did not provide evidence that linked Russia to the crime but was confident from the beginning there could be no other "reasonable explanation" for the attempted assassination. Great Britain was so convinced of their Russia theory, they wasted no time taking the lead in levying sanctions against the country by quickly expelling Russian diplomats from London. Shortly afterwards, UK capital officials reached out to NATO and their European allies who provided immediate support.

The accusations that Western countries have hurled at Russia are based on ulterior motives, similar to how the Chinese use the expression "perhaps it's true" to seize upon the desired opportunity. From a third-person perspective, the principles and diplomatic logic behind such drastic efforts are flawed, not to mention that expelling Russian diplomats almost simultaneously isa crude form of behavior. Such actions make little impact other than increasing hostility and hatred between Russia and their Western counterparts.

The UK government should have an independent investigation conducted into the Skripal poisoning by representatives from the international community. An effort such as this would provide results strong enough for those following the case to make up their minds on who should or shouldn't be accused of the crime. Now, the majority of those who support Britain's one-sided conclusion happen to be members of NATO and the EU, while others stood behind the UK due to long-standing relations.

The fact that major Western powers can gang up and "sentence" a foreign country without following the same procedures other countries abide by and according to the basic tenets of international law is chilling. During the Cold War, not one Western nation would have dared to make such a provocation and yet today it is carried out with unrestrained ease. Such actions are nothing more than a form of Western bullying that threatens global peace and justice.

Over the past few years the international standard has been falsified and manipulated in ways never seen before. The fundamental reason behind reducing global standards is rooted in post-Cold War power disparities. The US, along with their allies, jammed their ambitions into the international standards so their actions, which were supposed to follow a set of standardized procedures and protocol, were really nothing more than profit-seizing opportunities designed only for themselves. These same Western nations activated in full-force public opinion-shaping platforms and media agencies to defend and justify such privileges.

As of late, more foreign countries have been victimized by Western rhetoric and nonsensical diplomatic measures. In the end, the leaders of these nations are forced to wear a hat featuring slogans and words that read "oppressing their own people," "authoritarian," or "ethnic cleansing," regardless of their innocence.

It is beyond outrageous how the US and Europe have treated Russia. Their actions represent a frivolity and recklessness that has grown to characterize Western hegemony that only knows how to contaminate international relations. Right now is the perfect time for non-Western nations to strengthen unity and collaborative efforts among one another. These nations need to establish a level of independence outside the reach of Western influence while breaking the chains of monopolization declarations, predetermined adjudications, and come to value their own judgement abilities.

It's already understood that to achieve such international collective efforts is easier said than done as they require foundational support before anything can happen. Until a new line of allies emerges, multi-national associations like BRICS, or even the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, need to provide value to those non-Western nations and actively create alliances with them.

What Russia is experiencing right could serve as a reflection of how other non-Western nations can expect to be treated in the not-to-distant future. Expelling Russian diplomats simultaneously is hardly enough to deter Russia. Overall, it's an intimidation tactic that has become emblematic of Western nations, and furthermore, such measures are not supported by international law and therefore unjustified. More importantly, the international community should have the tools and means to counterbalance such actions.

The West is only a small fraction of the world and is nowhere near the global representative it once thought it was. The silenced minorities within the international community need to realize this and prove just how deep their understanding is of such a realization by proving it to the world through action. With the Skripal case, the general public does not know the truth, and the British government has yet to provide a shred of evidence justifying their allegations against Russia.

It is firmly believed that accusations levied by one country to another that are not the end results of a thorough and professional investigation should not be encouraged. Simultaneously expelling diplomats is a form of uncivilized behavior that needs to be abolished immediately.

http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1095361.shtml

Dutchy

Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:41 pm

Scorpius wrote:
China's view on developments in world politics: [i]On March 26, the US, Canada, and several European Union countries expelled Russian diplomats from their respective foreign embassies and consulates in retaliation against Russia's alleged poisoning of former double agent Sergei Skripal and his daughter. As of this writing, 19 countries, including 15 EU member states, have shown their support to Great Britain by enforcing such measures.

Scorpius, you claim you do not speak any English and yet you are able to scan the earth media to come up with this article in China........

Impressive Scorpius.

L410Turbolet

Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:41 pm

Different shift at the troll factory?

anrec80

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:30 am

L410Turbolet wrote:
Different shift at the troll factory?

Easter Holiday - trolls were on vacation. Hence you got a bit of a break.

anrec80

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:39 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
salttee wrote:

From the King Cobra himself.

salttee wrote:
DIRECTFLT, your lack of intellect is showing through again.
Above I was asking a Russian troll what his purpose in posting repetitive "hate the US" drivel in a forum where the majority of the posters are American or at least American friendly.

Maybe you're just doing a knee jerk reaction to protect Putin's trolls. But if you're doing that, it seems you could do a better job.

Wow, I didn't even notice how I became a dangerous creature of some sort. BTW - where in my post did you see any hate? All I expressed here were 2 issues really - unproven accusations, followed by very serious actions upon those, and constant teaching who and how should live (e.g. wrong president, wrong decision somewhere, voting for the wrong candidate). Nothing else. Reasonable - agree?

Jouhou

Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:40 am

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-0 ... 083492.htm

Meanwhile xinhua news simply reports what lavrov had to say, making it clear this is 100% lavrov.

That took some digging, huh scorpius? China likes to stay neutral in other nations spats.

Scorpius

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:01 am

Jouhou wrote:
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-04/02/c_137083492.htm

Meanwhile xinhua news simply reports what lavrov had to say, making it clear this is 100% lavrov.

That took some digging, huh scorpius? China likes to stay neutral in other nations spats.

What is causing you issues?

Dutchy

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:16 am

Scorpius wrote:
Jouhou wrote:
http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/2018-04/02/c_137083492.htm

What is causing you issues?

Your blinding nationalism, I guess.

L410Turbolet

Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:19 am

Which Scorpius do you mean? The one who can't put together a coherent English sentence even with google translator or the one(s) whose command of English is considerably better?

Dutchy

Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:53 am

L410Turbolet wrote:
Which Scorpius do you mean? The one who can't put together a coherent English sentence even with google translator or the one(s) whose command of English is considerably better?

Scorpius

Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:28 pm

L410Turbolet wrote:

But I am fluent in my native language, our dear Czech friend. You follow the principle "a slave must learn the language of his master perfectly".

Dutchy

Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:51 pm

Scorpius wrote:
L410Turbolet wrote:

But I am fluent in my native language, our dear Czech friend. You follow the principle "a slave must learn the language of his master perfectly".

No, he questions if you are one genuine person or that you are just one of the many fake Russian troll accounts. A fair question if you would ask me.

BawliBooch

Sun Apr 15, 2018 12:17 am

Dutchy wrote:
Scorpius, you claim you do not speak any English and yet you are able to scan the earth media to come up with this article in China........

Impressive Scorpius.

Arre Dutchy baba! IT Cells work in 8 hour shifts. This is why Russia/China are kicking our arses!