NIKV69
Posts: 11243
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:11 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
As of right now, Democrats kept all 3 statewide offices and have netted 12 seats, while remaining in the lead in about 5-7 more. They need 6 more seats to flip control of the House of Delegates.

A very strong night: Republicans came in with a 66-34 margin and will likely lose it altogether. Ed Gillespie fared worse than his 2014 Senate run and ran behind Trump in several parts of the state.

I can't wait for the analysis of the election in the coming days.


The thread title is very misleading. There was 6 house and a senate seat up and all were won by Republicans. I know the DNC will latch on to anything since their party has been floundering with no vision but their high tax socialist, open border agenda that handed them a biblical defeat last year.

Winning in two blue states is hardly a sweep. Maybe make inroads in states like FL, OH etc and you can begin to celebrate. Just some advice, lose the race baiting, rich hating and taxing people to death mantra. It lost you the white house to a neophyte last year and you will continue to be rejected in real election years to come.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5815
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:58 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
The thread title is very misleading. There was 6 house and a senate seat up and all were won by Republicans.

In your effort to rain on someone else's parade, you spout out wrong information. Yes there were 6 House seats (CA-34, GA-6, KS-4, MTAL, SC-5, UT-3), but only 5 were won by Republicans. However, conveniently left out is the fact that, besides UT-3 and CA-34, all other seats came very close to being upsets. Yes, the GOP won the seats, but it wasn't exactly a walk in the park either.

There's a Senate seat still up for election. While Moore is favored to win the seat, the election has not happened yet. It would be wise for you to also learn the lesson about counting chickens before they hatch.

And considering that the elections resulted in a governorship being picked up and another legislative chamber flipped, Democrats now have 2 more trifectas added; if the House of Delegates in Virginia goes their way, they just need one Senate seat to turn Virginia completely blue.

NIKV69 wrote:
I know the DNC will latch on to anything since their party has been floundering with no vision but their high tax socialist, open border agenda that handed them a biblical defeat last year.

At least it stands for something. The GOP, drunk with power, has only managed to get Gorsuch confirmed. ACA still stands, and tax reform is already imploding, with many promises already broken. Carrier? China? Lock her up?

Waiting for the winning to begin...#JustSaying

NIKV69 wrote:
Winning in two blue states is hardly a sweep. Maybe make inroads in states like FL, OH etc and you can begin to celebrate.

I'm fairly certain you'll dismiss OH and FL as being "blue" states. You'll find lots of columns detailing how Virginia is bluer than the national average but is still by no means completely blue. When its delegation is Democrat majority, when its legislature returns to Democratic hands, and when its presidential margin goes beyond 5 points, talk to me about Virginia being a blue state. Dismissing it for being blue is trying to soften the blow; fairly certain that if Gillespie had won you'd be celebrating how Virginia had not moved to the left.

NIKV69 wrote:
Just some advice, lose the race baiting, rich hating and taxing people to death mantra. It lost you the white house to a neophyte last year and you will continue to be rejected in real election years to come.

Oh, you mean "All lives matter" and give the rich a tax cut? How's that working so far for the GOP? The "unity" of the country is astounding.

Don't worry about Democrats...they're not governing right now (and the GOP is making no efforts to include them either which is good since it eases the burden on them). Worry about your own flank that almost year in still hasn't accomplished a single achievement and is due to face the voters in a year. The razor edge margins in WI, MI, and PA could be reversed in 2020 and Trump could find himself faced with electoral defeat. You wanna talk about freeloaders? Look no further than Republicans who are being paid with nothing to show for it.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:14 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Results are coming in from New Jersey and Virginia, two states that held statewide elections and could offer a glimpse of what's in store for 2018.


This will likely be the heading next year:

2018 Election Sweep

I'll let you guess which Party that will not apply to. :D

In the words of Trump: #SOMUCHWINNING :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
D L X
Posts: 11946
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 3:30 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sat Nov 11, 2017 3:59 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Results are coming in from New Jersey and Virginia, two states that held statewide elections and could offer a glimpse of what's in store for 2018.


This will likely be the heading next year:

2018 Election Sweep

I'll let you guess which Party that will not apply to. :D

In the words of Trump: #SOMUCHWINNING :trophy: :trophy: :trophy:

Cool story bro.

Care to apply some actual insight?
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:33 am

D L X wrote:
Cool story bro.

Care to apply some actual insight?


Is it just me, or is the sexual predator for president lot beginning to sound a little panicking?

I wonder if it is because of election results or because sexual predators begin to have a harder time......

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11243
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:59 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
At least it stands for something. The GOP, drunk with power, has only managed to get Gorsuch confirmed. ACA still stands, and tax reform is already imploding, with many promises already broken. Carrier? China? Lock her up?

Waiting for the winning to begin...#JustSaying



Results of a broken political system. The GOP and DNC have become fringe and the center of this country which probably accounts for just under half the electorate doesn't have a party. I am not a conservative and I am not a liberal. We need a third party in this country and until that happens nothing will get done. If you are happy with the ACA and current tax structure then you are part of the problem and not part of any solution. Like most of the DNC you will not even talk to the other side to get anything done to affirm you hatred and let a horrible piece of legislation further destroy us. Has Trump missed a chance to be a great president? Of course he has but current DNC leaders are just as bad. It will be curious to see how the Liberals react to Cuomo's financial plan if he gets into the white house because none of it matches up with Murray, Schumer or Pelosi.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
seb146
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:20 am

NIKV69 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
At least it stands for something. The GOP, drunk with power, has only managed to get Gorsuch confirmed. ACA still stands, and tax reform is already imploding, with many promises already broken. Carrier? China? Lock her up?

Waiting for the winning to begin...#JustSaying



Results of a broken political system. The GOP and DNC have become fringe and the center of this country which probably accounts for just under half the electorate doesn't have a party. I am not a conservative and I am not a liberal. We need a third party in this country and until that happens nothing will get done. If you are happy with the ACA and current tax structure then you are part of the problem and not part of any solution. Like most of the DNC you will not even talk to the other side to get anything done to affirm you hatred and let a horrible piece of legislation further destroy us. Has Trump missed a chance to be a great president? Of course he has but current DNC leaders are just as bad. It will be curious to see how the Liberals react to Cuomo's financial plan if he gets into the white house because none of it matches up with Murray, Schumer or Pelosi.


Everyone wants third parties. But, there is so much money going to the GOP and Democrats that a third party is not possible. Democrats are more open to the idea of a third party than Republicans, but they will not do anything to help get one going.

Democrats are not happy with ACA, but they structured it so that it could be made better. Republicans can't get it taken away, so dear leader signs executive orders to take it away. That's all they can do. Part of the reason Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have so much support is they want to expand Medicare for everyone and let insurance cover those who want Cadillac plans.

The Congressional Progressive Caucus proposed a budget but, because of Republicans and moderates, it did not see the light of day.

http://cpcbudget.org/
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
salttee
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:03 am

seb146 wrote:
Democrats are not happy with ACA

You keep making derogatory references to ACA without citation or explanation.
I think it's time for you to make your case against the ACA.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:18 am

I will not answer for anyone but myself. He is correct, we Democrats are not happy with the ACA, it did not go far enough for my liking and it did not do the job as we wanted healthcare to do and go. A flawed Healthcare as everything is here these days and not getting better. It was most certainly one hell of a lot better than what we had for the unfortunate citizens among us and one shitload better than anything these greedy Bastards in the Republican Party ever wanted to give to anyone. They did not want to fix it, they want to destroy it because it was something for the people just as SS and Medicare was and is. Single payer and nothing less would satisfy me. If there is an Almighty may they all who would deny people healthcare pay for their greed and avarice when they meet him or her. Where are the great Americans? They have disappeared it seems replaced by these greedy Bastards.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
salttee
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:36 am

Isn't that a self cancelling premise? You don't like it because "it didn't go far enough" aka there wasn't enough of it?

When the opposition wants to get rid of it period, because it's too socialistic for their tastes, I can't understand people from the liberal side choosing to repeatedly disparage what we were able to get. It just seems so counterproductive. It parallels what the news media does, one faction says it's bad, one says it's good, so it must be somewhere in the middle; therefore anything Trump says is bad automatically becomes denigrated. You guys are following Trump's lead you know.

I still hope for a response from Seb.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:40 am

salttee wrote:
Isn't that a self cancelling premise? You don't like it because "it didn't go far enough" aka there wasn't enough of it?

When the opposition wants to get rid of it period, because it's too socialistic for their tastes, I can't understand people from the liberal side choosing to repeatedly disparage what we were able to get. It just seems so counterproductive. It parallels what the news media does, one faction says it's bad, one says it's good, so it must be somewhere in the middle; therefore anything Trump says is bad automatically becomes denigrated. You guys are following Trump's lead you know.

I still hope for a response from Seb.


So where do you stand? I noticed the word Socialist in there. Do you think it is Socialist or a humanitarian ideal to provide help to the sick and weak among us of which we all will be one day, including you?
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
salttee
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:53 am

Please keep the word in context, "the opposition wants to get rid of it period, because it's too socialistic for their tastes".

I am a supporter of ACA. I just can't understand why you two aren't supporters of it.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:04 am

salttee wrote:
Please keep the word in context, "the opposition wants to get rid of it period, because it's too socialistic for their tastes".

I am a supporter of ACA. I just can't understand why you two aren't supporters of it.


I can say without a doubt, and I thought I made myself clear with my words that I support the ACA. Nobody has ever read otherwise from me. I have said fix it, do not kill it. Single Payer would be my ultimate goal, not complete destruction because it bears Obama' stamp along with the Democrats I would appreciate you reading my words again.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
salttee
Posts: 1549
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:28 am

The salient words I read were: "He is correct, we Democrats are not happy with the ACA".

FYI you are attempting to speak for me, and I resent that.

Only as an aside, I would like to let you know that there may be some vile demons hiding in at least some form of single payer. My experience with VA healthcare tells me that once your provider doesn't have to compete for your business, they become very inattentive to your wants and desires. And if you complain about that fact, you can easily be seen as a "problem" system wide.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:43 am

I will not answer for anyone but myself.

My disclaimer right from the start. Resent all you want, you are nitpicking.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 832
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:44 am

salttee wrote:
You keep making derogatory references to ACA without citation or explanation.
I think it's time for you to make your case against the ACA.


Is it not possible to be for and against ACA at the same time? I view ACA as a slight improvement over the former status quo, as it prevented companies from discriminating against pre-existing conditions, which was key to making insurance available to everyone, as well as expending Medicaid (at least, to the states that are smart enough to accept it). However, as long as our medical system is insurance based, we will not be making much more progress towards total coverage for everyone, and the public will continue to get ripped off.

So, I will advocate and vote for candidates who will fight for Medicare for all, but I would still prefer ACA to whatever dogshit the GOP is peddling. It needs to stay in place until we can get true universal coverage in place.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:45 am

LittleFokker wrote:
salttee wrote:
You keep making derogatory references to ACA without citation or explanation.
I think it's time for you to make your case against the ACA.


Is it not possible to be for and against ACA at the same time? I view ACA as a slight improvement over the former status quo, as it prevented companies from discriminating against pre-existing conditions, which was key to making insurance available to everyone, as well as expending Medicaid (at least, to the states that are smart enough to accept it). However, as long as our medical system is insurance based, we will not be making much more progress towards total coverage for everyone, and the public will continue to get ripped off.

So, I will advocate and vote for candidates who will fight for Medicare for all, but I would still prefer ACA to whatever dogshit the GOP is peddling. It needs to stay in place until we can get true universal coverage in place.



Absolutely, you said it like it is. The dogshit peddlers and all who support this as-sine policy of those peddlers.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11243
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 3:39 am

seb146 wrote:
Everyone wants third parties. But, there is so much money going to the GOP and Democrats that a third party is not possible. Democrats are more open to the idea of a third party than Republicans, but they will not do anything to help get one going.

Democrats are not happy with ACA, but they structured it so that it could be made better. Republicans can't get it taken away, so dear leader signs executive orders to take it away. That's all they can do. Part of the reason Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have so much support is they want to expand Medicare for everyone and let insurance cover those who want Cadillac plans.

The Congressional Progressive Caucus proposed a budget but, because of Republicans and moderates, it did not see the light of day.

http://cpcbudget.org/


This is more of your smoke and mirrors. Warren and Bernie don't have any support. They have the far left and can't win in any general because the independents think they are bat shit nuts (rightly so) and will choose a Trump over them. Which is why he is in the White House right now. So any legislations they propose won't have a chance since they won't talk to the other side. The DNC has been hijacked by the far left and as a party they don't tolerate any dissent from people like Joe Manchin who think for themselves. Where as the GOP doesn't make every one toe the line. The moderates will fight the hardliners and what we get is a huge mess and nothing gets done.

If the Dems were not happy with the ACA they should have not passed it till they got it right, but Pelosi wouldn't stand for that. So she rammed it down our throats and ruined the economy. Again the ACA was born to address the cost of health care but it morphed into a way to punish the rich and change who pays for it. Let's get costs down for service and prescriptions and watch insurance companies fall in line. See everything from the DNC comes back to class warfare and it won't work. Never has and never will. We have to get past this. The DNC has to deep six Pelosi and fast.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
seb146
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:15 am

NIKV69 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Everyone wants third parties. But, there is so much money going to the GOP and Democrats that a third party is not possible. Democrats are more open to the idea of a third party than Republicans, but they will not do anything to help get one going.

Democrats are not happy with ACA, but they structured it so that it could be made better. Republicans can't get it taken away, so dear leader signs executive orders to take it away. That's all they can do. Part of the reason Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have so much support is they want to expand Medicare for everyone and let insurance cover those who want Cadillac plans.

The Congressional Progressive Caucus proposed a budget but, because of Republicans and moderates, it did not see the light of day.

http://cpcbudget.org/


This is more of your smoke and mirrors. Warren and Bernie don't have any support. They have the far left and can't win in any general because the independents think they are bat shit nuts (rightly so) and will choose a Trump over them. Which is why he is in the White House right now. So any legislations they propose won't have a chance since they won't talk to the other side. The DNC has been hijacked by the far left and as a party they don't tolerate any dissent from people like Joe Manchin who think for themselves. Where as the GOP doesn't make every one toe the line. The moderates will fight the hardliners and what we get is a huge mess and nothing gets done.

If the Dems were not happy with the ACA they should have not passed it till they got it right, but Pelosi wouldn't stand for that. So she rammed it down our throats and ruined the economy. Again the ACA was born to address the cost of health care but it morphed into a way to punish the rich and change who pays for it. Let's get costs down for service and prescriptions and watch insurance companies fall in line. See everything from the DNC comes back to class warfare and it won't work. Never has and never will. We have to get past this. The DNC has to deep six Pelosi and fast.


This post shows that you righties outside the United States are clueless as to what goes on.

You start off by calling Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders "bat sh*t nuts" and honestly believe that they are left of center or far left, depending on your argument. Then, you scream how awful Pelosi is and the moderate Democrats.

As far as ACA being passed, they had to get it out of the various committees and balance that out with the Senate bill, who had to get it out of their various committees. All of that involved compromise with the GOP, which meant taking out things Democrats really wanted.

Maybe if you lived in the United States and saw how bat sh*t crazy the right is, you would finally get it. But, you won't.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:52 am

seb146 wrote:
This post shows that you righties outside the United States are clueless as to what goes on.

How did you determine that NIKV69 lives outside the USA?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:23 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This post shows that you righties outside the United States are clueless as to what goes on.

How did you determine that NIKV69 lives outside the USA?


IIRC, s/he lives in New Zealand.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
ltbewr
Posts: 12960
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 2:14 pm

Democrat NJ Governor candidate Murphy won by a long expected double digit margin so no surprise there. Republican Kim Guadagno was a bad campaigner, was too connected to and did nothing to deal with her boss Christ Christie's massive corruption. She did little independent work, her most public main job was to attract business and do ribbon cuttings at special occasions or announcements. Her tax plan was smoke and mirrors. This was not so much a anti-Trump vote in NJ.
NJ also retained a strong Democrat majority in both houses of the legislature. The Democrats have a small margin in the US House and both US Senators are Democrats (although Mendelez has been facing a Federal corruption trial and could lose his next election). Many NJ municipalities and counties other than the large cities are still in Republican control or gained control of a few seats, mainly over property taxes and spending.
The new Governor, Phil Murphy, has to face that NJ still has one of the worst public worker pension under-funding problems, among the highest effect net taxes, high costs of living, demands for tax cuts, need for more for social welfare, and is losing too many good paying jobs and corporate HQ's to other states to pay for it. I suspect he will have a rough term.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 7360
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:59 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This post shows that you righties outside the United States are clueless as to what goes on.

How did you determine that NIKV69 lives outside the USA?


IIRC, s/he lives in New Zealand.


He's a NYer, I thought

He does have some nice pics, though



"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 7360
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:02 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
I am not a conservative and I am not a liberal. .



LOL...could've fooled ME :lol:

You certainly favor one side.
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 7360
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:05 pm

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:08 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This post shows that you righties outside the United States are clueless as to what goes on.

How did you determine that NIKV69 lives outside the USA?


IIRC, s/he lives in New Zealand.

His photo library, including fairly recent dates, display a USA flag as identifier, and all the pics that I checked were taken in the USA (2009-2016).

http://www.airliners.net/search?user=7257
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11243
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:16 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This post shows that you righties outside the United States are clueless as to what goes on.

How did you determine that NIKV69 lives outside the USA?


How he determines most of this fringe hysteria, he makes it up. Anyone on this site can tell you I am an American and have been my whole life. Born here and will die here. It is why I am always hesitant to discuss politics with him. You get nothing but fear mongering propaganda and no substance. I am also not a righty. If I was I wouldn't have cast a vote for Cuomo or would I want the legalization of drugs, prostitution, gaming etc. Problem is from his demented world you can't own a gun or want fair taxation without being a Nazi racist who hates black people. It's really sad what the media and our discourse has become.

It also is why people like Seb146 really don't understand why Trump won or understand the electorate that put him there. People responsible for Trump's victory voted for Obama last general election. Instead Seb146 will blame the far right who votes Republican no matter what. Just like himself who will always vote against the Republican candidate.

People like Seb146 can't come to grips with this because to do so they have to admit that they are full of hate and loathing for people more successful and higher up the social scale than they are. They need MSNBC to tell them how it's the rich people that keep them oppressed with their greed and power. Make them Occupy sites and refuse to go to work because they are owed something.

Trust me I did not come from riches. Far from it. I decided not to listen to MSNBC and go to work everyday and go after my financial security. I decided not to blame rich people and guess what?

You should try opening your mind Seb146. Turn off Rachel Maddow. You may be surprised.


727LOVER wrote:

He's a NYer, I thought

He does have some nice pics, though



Why thank you for the compliment. Been slacking this year but work is slowing down and I am going to make my forefathers like Art Brett and Joe Pries proud this winter with some new pics.

Yes NYer that spends winters in Nevada. as for my Political leaning I will always favor a president that wants fair taxation and supports military. Even though my social beliefs are liberal. Which is why I usually stand with Rand!
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
seb146
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:37 pm

NIKV69 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
This post shows that you righties outside the United States are clueless as to what goes on.

How did you determine that NIKV69 lives outside the USA?


How he determines most of this fringe hysteria, he makes it up. Anyone on this site can tell you I am an American and have been my whole life. Born here and will die here. It is why I am always hesitant to discuss politics with him.


I did not bother reading the rest of your post because it was probably filled with half-truths and made up stuff.

But, I will say that you have made several comments about being in New Zealand over the last few years and how things are for you there in New Zealand. So, when a person says over and over again that they are in New Zealand and how their life is in New Zealand compared to what they hear is going on in The States, I just assume they are in New Zealand.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
NIKV69
Posts: 11243
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2004 4:27 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:36 pm

seb146 wrote:
I did not bother reading the rest of your post because it was probably filled with half-truths and made up stuff.

But, I will say that you have made several comments about being in New Zealand over the last few years and how things are for you there in New Zealand. So, when a person says over and over again that they are in New Zealand and how their life is in New Zealand compared to what they hear is going on in The States, I just assume they are in New Zealand.


Another one of your issues, you don't listen to reason. Please produce any post of mine that references NZ. Though a beautiful place I have no plans to go there anytime soon.

Please think before you type. You would look less foolish here and actually bring something to the discussion beside the CNN/MSNBC lunacy that we are turning into the KKK from the 60s. It's getting old.
Hey that guy with the private jet can bail us out! Why? HE CAN AFFORD IT!
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:12 pm

seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
How did you determine that NIKV69 lives outside the USA?


How he determines most of this fringe hysteria, he makes it up. Anyone on this site can tell you I am an American and have been my whole life. Born here and will die here. It is why I am always hesitant to discuss politics with him.


I did not bother reading the rest of your post because it was probably filled with half-truths and made up stuff.

But, I will say that you have made several comments about being in New Zealand over the last few years and how things are for you there in New Zealand. So, when a person says over and over again that they are in New Zealand and how their life is in New Zealand compared to what they hear is going on in The States, I just assume they are in New Zealand.

Your response to NIKV69 demonstrates what is patently obvious to anyone who has suffered reading through threads in which you have posted. An inability to learn from your mistakes.

If anything, NIKV69 has been too gentle in his characterization of you.

Maybe there is a better way to search airliners.net but I searched all forums for "NIKV69 New Zealand" and got 32 hits. None of them appear to support your claims.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:29 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

How he determines most of this fringe hysteria, he makes it up. Anyone on this site can tell you I am an American and have been my whole life. Born here and will die here. It is why I am always hesitant to discuss politics with him.


I did not bother reading the rest of your post because it was probably filled with half-truths and made up stuff.

But, I will say that you have made several comments about being in New Zealand over the last few years and how things are for you there in New Zealand. So, when a person says over and over again that they are in New Zealand and how their life is in New Zealand compared to what they hear is going on in The States, I just assume they are in New Zealand.

Your response to NIKV69 demonstrates what is patently obvious to anyone who has suffered reading through threads in which you have posted. An inability to learn from your mistakes.

If anything, NIKV69 has been too gentle in his characterization of you.

Maybe there is a better way to search airliners.net but I searched all forums for "NIKV69 New Zealand" and got 32 hits. None of them appear to support your claims.


?????

So, what you are saying is what I read was wrong and I should not believe what I read.

sure. anything you say, Bob. Anything you say....
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:36 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Your response to NIKV69 demonstrates what is patently obvious to anyone who has suffered reading through threads in which you have posted. An inability to learn from your mistakes.

If anything, NIKV69 has been too gentle in his characterization of you.

Maybe there is a better way to search airliners.net but I searched all forums for "NIKV69 New Zealand" and got 32 hits. None of them appear to support your claims.


?????

So, what you are saying is what I read was wrong and I should not believe what I read.

sure. anything you say, Bob. Anything you say....

NIKV69 offered you the opportunity to "Please produce any post of mine that references NZ."

You have, as usual, refused to back up your claims with facts (quotes).

You can argue that no one can say that what you read is wrong when you will post no evidence of what you read.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 7360
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: 2017 Election Sweep

Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:49 pm

Dems pick up another win....in a ruby red state

a little-known, 26-year-old lesbian Democrat named Allison Ikley-Freeman wound up winning a State Senate seat in western Tulsa county over Republican candidate Brian O'Hara,

I am NOT insinuating that this is a trend





https://www.salon.com/2017/11/15/democr ... red-state/
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: LittleFokker, prebennorholm and 29 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos