Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tommy1808

Re: Trump and Iran

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:49 am

MAH4546 wrote:
Pure hypocrisy.

Pure hypocrisy is when people, somehow that is always "conservatives", don´t care about law at all whenever it suits them, but demand others to keep up the law.

In this case: demanding that Iran doesn´t do stuff they are legally allowed to do, while those countries demanding the stuff are pretty much all in violation of the treaty at hand.

Or complaining that one country may have nuclear weapons at some point in the distant future, because they are antisemitic, but not losing a word about Israel having nukes. Or complaining Iran, that hasn´t attacked a nation of hundreds of years is somehome evil, and bringing up Israel in that discussion, that consists vastly out of illegally occupied territory no different from Crimea or Kuwait in 1990.

best regards
Thomas

salttee

Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:59 am

@yoni

The vice president and the secretary of defense along with about 50 other members of the DOD, the white house staff or the department of state are all members of an organization that had been beating the drum for war with Iraq for years, and the bulk of that organization hold dual nation citizenship with Israel, yet you dismiss all that and think that one of the weakest and least influential governments on the world stage could request the US to invade a neighboring country?

Where are you from that leaves you so detached from any kind of reality?

yoni

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:44 am

salttee wrote:
@yoni

The vice president and the secretary of defense along with about 50 other members of the DOD, the white house staff or the department of state are all members of an organization that had been beating the drum for war with Iraq for years, and the bulk of that organization hold dual nation citizenship with Israel, yet you dismiss all that and think that one of the weakest and least influential governments on the world stage could request the US to invade a neighboring country?

Where are you from that leaves you so detached from any kind of reality?

Saudi Arabia's military spending : $63.5 Billions (source : SIPRI) higher than France or India. If you call that weak, we probably differ strongly on what it means to be weak in this world where military spending equal strength. If Saudi Arabia has no influence as you said, why Trump's first foreign destination was in Saudi Arabia, not Israel (he went there after) ? It didn't look like a sightseeing tour in the Arabic Peninsula.

salttee

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:53 am

Yea, the Saudis have bought a lot of toys with their oil money, their pilots probably have solid gold buttons on their uniforms. But they are weak in every sense of being weak.
As far as military power goes, they can't even manhandle Yemen to any great effect, and they sure are trying hard.

Politically, they are like somebody's mentally retarded second cousin. They have no influence anywhere (maybe Egypt LOL).

BTW
Military power = strength
Military spending = nothing by itself.

Aesma

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:38 am

MAH4546 wrote:
It always astonished me to see how liberals are incredibly supportive of the Antisemitic, grossly homophobic and anti-women governments of the Middle East. Pure hypocrisy. The Antisemitic I get because liberals tend not to be supportive of Jews or their causes, but the other two?

I've never seen anyone supporting such governments. Hyperbole much ?

Geopolitics is not about liking governments. Usually it's about doing what's best for your own country. Somehow the US has a blind spot in the form of Israel, that will cause it to do many things contrary to US interests, in support of it. Not that these things are even good for Israel, mind you. Creating a big mess in the Middle East only helps radicals in all camps, including radical zionists, that are not just "Jews", many are not even Jewish at all.

Dutchy

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:54 am

Aesma wrote:
MAH4546 wrote:
It always astonished me to see how liberals are incredibly supportive of the Antisemitic, grossly homophobic and anti-women governments of the Middle East. Pure hypocrisy. The Antisemitic I get because liberals tend not to be supportive of Jews or their causes, but the other two?

I've never seen anyone supporting such governments. Hyperbole much ?

Geopolitics is not about liking governments. Usually it's about doing what's best for your own country. Somehow the US has a blind spot in the form of Israel, that will cause it to do many things contrary to US interests, in support of it. Not that these things are even good for Israel, mind you. Creating a big mess in the Middle East only helps radicals in all camps, including radical zionists, that are not just "Jews", many are not even Jewish at all.

The Jew-lobby seems to be the 2nd best in American politics, NRA is 1. So that might be the answer to why.

tommy1808

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:59 am

Dutchy wrote:
The Jew-lobby seems to be the 2nd best in American politics, NRA is 1. So that might be the answer to why.

But the white house is in the hands of the "Jews will not replace us" chanting groups.

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

But the white house is in the hands of the "Jews will not replace us" chanting groups.

best regards
Thomas

There are other factors in play, not just Trump's white house.

Dutchy

Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:04 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

best regards
Thomas

There are other factors in play, not just Trump's white house.

einsteinboricua

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:13 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Irony is lost in the face on conservatives: the same people who chant "Jews will not replace us" also go wild when they hear Republicans say "We stand with Israel".

tommy1808

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:49 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Irony is lost in the face on conservatives: the same people who chant "Jews will not replace us" also go wild when they hear Republicans say "We stand with Israel".

So, are they hoping to deport all Jews to Israel one day or exterminate them and fill Israel with good Christians?

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:57 am

tommy1808 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

So, are they hoping to deport all Jews to Israel one day or exterminate them and fill Israel with good Christians?

best regards
Thomas

That has been the point of view of the Catholic church, abeit that point of view has lost somewhat of its popularity after WWII. Jews are after all Christians whom don't believe in Jezus.

tommy1808

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Jews are after all Christians whom don't believe in Jezus.

So are Moslems, Islam is a Christian Sect after all.

Best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:41 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Jews are after all Christians whom don't believe in Jezus.

So are Moslems, Islam is a Christian Sect after all.

Best regards
Thomas

Sure, but within Islam, Jezus is one of the five profits, they went just one step further, so they included Mohammed, which isn't recognized in the Christianity.

bmacleod

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:48 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
bmacleod wrote:
ltbewr wrote:
It is payback for support from the Israeli political leaders, AIPAC, Orthodox Jewish and Christian evangelicals who want Israel's existence to be above all others in the region.
To placate the military companies that would benefit from a continuing 'war' in the region.

Reportedly there's a call-in/interview on Fox Business or CNBC some 8 years back where Trump allegedly mentions "Israel is mostly responsible for the horrible state of the Middle East."

And the Mossad probably arranged to get that FSB video because they know that he, supposedly, thinks that.

Best regards
Thomas

Wouldn't be surprised if it is true, considering Trump's 'flip-flopping' in many areas....

wingman

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:03 pm

Every Republican President must have his war. I only hope Mattis and team can restrain Trump sufficiently to just declare one and not two. As much as I feel for the suffering of North Koreans it's just not worth sacrificing Seoul. Iran is the only "logical" choice if the GOP has to have its way. But I fear this one is going to be much deadlier for US troops than Iraq and Afghanistan. Shame really because once you get past the blathering of the ayatollas I think there's a more natural kinship between Iranians and the US than there is between us and the Saudis. Same reality and Pakistan and India, it's the latter that should be our natural ally on the subcontinent.

I must admit I'm curious to see major warfare conducted via tweet. I guess Trump won't be able to resist declaring the start of hostilities with "Iran, you're fired!".

Mir

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:20 pm

MAH4546 wrote:

It astonishes me that people refuse to learn that regime change is a poor solution to whatever ills we might see in a government.

LMP737

Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:21 pm

MAH4546 wrote:

What countries are you talking about?

wingman

Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:01 pm

Liberals tend not to be supportive of Jews? Where the eff did you conjure up that brainfart? Most Jews I know ARE liberal. Look to your GOP white robes for intolerance chief...no blackies, no mexis, no jews...the very core of Trump's support right now is white evangelical assault rifle-toting trailer park slobs with 3rd grade educations that fantasize about sleeping with their cousins and subjugating other races.

It's possible you're confusing non-support for Jews with Democratic resistance to Netanyahu and his own subjugation of other races that have 2000+ years of ancestral claims to land he keeps building terrorist apartment complexes on. I can see how certain people might have trouble making the distinction, despite the fact that it's obvious.