"The war on coal is over," EPA administrator Scott Pruitt told an audience in Kentucky yesterday, as he announced his intention to sign a rule rolling back the Clean Power Plan (CPP).
A bit of good news, The Netherlands has a new government (almost 7 months after the elections) and there is actually good news for the climate:
- CO2 reduction 2030: 49%
- national climate and energy treaty will be the goal to facilitate the energy transition
- short term: more wind energy on the north sea, more incentives in the tax code to favor green.
- no more biomass subsidies
- closing all coal power plants before 2030
- after 2021 new build homes and other buildings will not be heated by natural gas
- air travel tax: 10 - 15 euro's for routes originating in the Netherlands
- no more fossil fueled powered new cars can be sold after 2030