readytotaxi
Topic Author

McDonalds PR stunt gone wrong.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:37 am

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-41543636

I am wondering why, if this sauce is SO popular, does McD not have it available more often. I understand rarity helps promote the brand and demand but a once a month thing would seem to keep a lot more people happy and spending money.
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

KLDC10

Re: McDonalds PR stunt gone wrong.

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:02 pm

I think that the blame here should be shared between McDonald's; for pulling a silly publicity stunt like this in the first place, and the customers; for being so greedy and shallow that they worked themselves into a frenzy over some damn sauce.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/763/772/A320/A321/A332/A333/E190

petertenthije

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:39 pm

Just go to the supermarket and you can buy all the Szechuan sauce you could ever want.
Attamottamotta!

zkojq

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Honestly, why do people even care about this?
Most recent planes I've been in: A318 F-GUGQ, A319 F-GRHR, A320ceo D-AIZH, A320neo D-AINE, A330-300 VH-QPD, A350-900 B-LRA, A380-800 D-AIMH, 737-600 LN-RPA, 737-700 OY-JTY, 737-800 LN-NGA, 767-300 ZK-NCI, 777-200 ZK-OKD, 787-9 ZK-NZH PW94

Francoflier

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:45 pm

zkojq wrote:
Honestly, why do people even care about this?

You obviously underestimate the popularity of Rick and Morty.. and so did McDonalds.
:biggrin:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.

Moose135

Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:52 pm

Francoflier wrote:
You obviously underestimate the popularity of Rick and Morty.. and so did McDonalds.

Who are Rick and Morty?
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

readytotaxi
Topic Author

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:20 pm

Moose135 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

Who are Rick and Morty?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2861424/
you don't get a second chance to make a first impression!

Aesma

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:58 pm

From reading the article what is popular is the TV show really, not the sauce, that has only been available 20 years ago.

I don't think the stunt went wrong, I think it went very well.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

af773atmsp

Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:41 pm

Probably should've just left it at giving a bottle of the sauce to the creators of the show. I was considering going but I'm sure there are hardcore fans (maybe too hardcore) that want it more than I did.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72

SY, DL, FI, FL, BA, EI, NW, MG, DY, EZY, F9, WN

MSP, BOS, JFK, DCA, LAX, SAN, MCO, RSW, PIE, ATL, DTW, PSP, ORD, MDW, MKE, MCI, IND, NAS, KEF, LHR, MUC, OSL, BOO, CPH, HEL, BUD, AMS, EDI, DUB

Airstud

Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:42 am

Have not eaten McDonalds fare since 1993.

Never looked back.

(Feeling even better about it after reading this article.)
Pancakes are delicious.

DarkSnowyNight

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:19 am

Moose135 wrote:
Francoflier wrote:

Who are Rick and Morty?

Facepalm. The answer to that question was literally fifty times easier to Google than to ask here. Seriously. You get about three letters into "Rick" before it spells it out for you.

Just as a public service announcement, pretending not to know who obviously famous people or what prominent cultural references are went out of fashion about twelve seconds after the aforementioned googling became possible.
Much like a GE90, I'm a huge fan of Big Twins...

seb146

Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:24 am

I sometimes watch Rick & Morty. My friends who are hard core fans are still obsessed with Pickle Rick. They don't talk about this. And, finally, I hated their Szechuan sauce the first time it was out so why would I bother now?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

Super80Fan

Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:50 am

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humor in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them
RIP McDonnell Douglas

330west

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:35 am

Super80Fan wrote:
To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humor in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them

You lifted this verbatim from Facebook and Reddit without attribution. Sad!
Always fly first class, otherwise your heirs will.

Super80Fan

Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:49 am

330west wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Very sad! Bigly! Wrong! Fake News!
RIP McDonnell Douglas

330west

Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:45 am

Super80Fan wrote:
330west wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

So you don't deny being a plagiarist and a mindless lightweight?

BartSimpson

Sun Oct 15, 2017 6:56 am

330west wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
330west wrote:

Here's the original text (presumably...):

https://www.reddit.com/r/copypasta/comments/6qp86b/to_be_fair_you_have_to_have_a_very_high_iq_to/

Super80Fan

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:08 pm

330west wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
330west wrote:

Someone's triggered.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

salttee

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:14 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
330west wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Someone's triggered.

Just answer the question slimeball.

Super80Fan

Sun Oct 15, 2017 7:20 pm

salttee wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
330west wrote:

Someone's triggered.

I have the right to remain silent and refuse to answer questions.
Anything I say may be used against me in a court of law.
I have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.
If I cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for me before any questioning if I wish.
If I decide to answer questions now without an attorney present, I will still have the right to stop answering at any time until I talk to an attorney.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

330west

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:14 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
salttee wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Someone's triggered.

I have the right to consult an attorney before speaking to the police and to have an attorney present during questioning now or in the future.
If I cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for me before any questioning if I wish.
If I decide to answer questions now without an attorney present, I will still have the right to stop answering at any time until I talk to an attorney.

There are few things more dangerous than an idiot who fails to recognize that he's an idiot and you, my friend, are an idiot.

Super80Fan

Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:17 pm

330west wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
salttee wrote:

There are few things more dangerous than an idiot who fails to recognize that he's an idiot and you, my friend, are an idiot.

That's extremely flattering coming from you! Thanks!
RIP McDonnell Douglas

af773atmsp

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:27 pm

Mods, can you tell 330west that if he doesn't like fun then he should go somewhere else.

MSP, BOS, JFK, DCA, LAX, SAN, MCO, RSW, PIE, ATL, DTW, PSP, ORD, MDW, MKE, MCI, IND, NAS, KEF, LHR, MUC, OSL, BOO, CPH, HEL, BUD, AMS, EDI, DUB

330west

Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:46 pm

af773atmsp wrote:
Mods, can you tell 330west that if he doesn't like fun then he should go somewhere else.

A whiney little bitch or an idiot? Not sure which is a worse way to go through life.

11725Flyer

Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:12 am

Anybody remember Burger King's "Where's Herb" disaster?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where%27s_Herb%3F

af773atmsp

Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:49 am

330west wrote:
af773atmsp wrote:

A whiney little bitch or an idiot? Not sure which is a worse way to go through life.

Takes one to know one.