User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3387
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:29 am

NoTime wrote:
Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/neigh ... le/2636185

Have you asked yourself why on earth FEMA would require mayors, from throughout the island, to come to their air-conditioned emergency headquarters in San Juan as supplicants? And ask them to fill out forms?

I have seen reports that FEMA had two liaison people in the San Juan Mayor's office.

FEMA should have had liaisons with satellite phones in every town in Puerto Rico, reporting on local needs for water, food, shelter, tents or whatever.

FEMA should have had plenty of military helicopters available to deliver emergency supplies everywhere, and to fly emergency medical cases to the nearest operating hospital or to U S Navy ships.

The overall responsibility to see that these minimal needs were delivered lands on the desk in the oval office.

NO GOLF before DUTY. Ever.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
NoTime
Posts: 394
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:21 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:36 am

BobPatterson wrote:
NoTime wrote:
Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/neigh ... le/2636185

Have you asked yourself why on earth FEMA would require mayors, from throughout the island, to come to their air-conditioned emergency headquarters in San Juan as supplicants? And ask them to fill out forms?

I have seen reports that FEMA had two liaison people in the San Juan Mayor's office.

FEMA should have had liaisons with satellite phones in every town in Puerto Rico, reporting on local needs for water, food, shelter, tents or whatever.

FEMA should have had plenty of military helicopters available to deliver emergency supplies everywhere, and to fly emergency medical cases to the nearest operating hospital or to U S Navy ships.

The overall responsibility to see that these minimal needs were delivered lands on the desk in the oval office.

NO GOLF before DUTY. Ever.


I agree with pretty much all of what you're saying, Bob. There's a ton of room for FEMA to improve... and Trump seems to be looking for ways to piss people off. But isn't it odd that so many other mayors, and the gov., are all saying that the administration is doing a good job... and this one mayor (who also happens to be a large Hillary donor with, perhaps, an ax to grind) is saying something completely different?
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3387
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:05 am

NoTime wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
NoTime wrote:
Neighboring mayor praises Trump, says San Juan mayor playing 'politics,' AWOL at meetings - http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/neigh ... le/2636185

Have you asked yourself why on earth FEMA would require mayors, from throughout the island, to come to their air-conditioned emergency headquarters in San Juan as supplicants? And ask them to fill out forms?

I have seen reports that FEMA had two liaison people in the San Juan Mayor's office.

FEMA should have had liaisons with satellite phones in every town in Puerto Rico, reporting on local needs for water, food, shelter, tents or whatever.

FEMA should have had plenty of military helicopters available to deliver emergency supplies everywhere, and to fly emergency medical cases to the nearest operating hospital or to U S Navy ships.

The overall responsibility to see that these minimal needs were delivered lands on the desk in the oval office.

NO GOLF before DUTY. Ever.


I agree with pretty much all of what you're saying, Bob. There's a ton of room for FEMA to improve... and Trump seems to be looking for ways to piss people off. But isn't it odd that so many other mayors, and the gov., are all saying that the administration is doing a good job... and this one mayor (who also happens to be a large Hillary donor with, perhaps, an ax to grind) is saying something completely different?

Yes, the very satisfied mayor you cited mentioned he is keen to receive water and blue tarps.

FEMA apparently told him he would have tarps in a few days.

A few more days? For TARPS? And he still needs water? Keenly?

That mayor also mentioned the politics of Puerto Rico. I wonder why he brought that up and to what degree it colored what he had to say.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15697
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:50 am

stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Here is a typical Trump response:

Do nothing.
Golf.
Blame everyone else.
Golf.
Tweet.
Golf.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html



Because we know Obummer never played golf. :roll: Was it not Obama who went to play golf right after speaking about the beheading of James Foley? He also played plenty of golf during Hurricane Sandy so lets get this out of the way. I have no problem with anyone being critical of Trump my opinion Trump gets butthurt way too easy, he needs to stay off that damn twitter and start acting like a president. However, I would venture to guess a lot of people like myself who voted for him are getting way too sick and tired of anyone and everyone liberal who has a problem the first thing thrown out is the race card. He won't help PR because he hates people of color etc.. Cannot have a differing opinion cuz if you do you are racist. There are positive things happening in PR but CNN or MSNBC will never report it because they are doing all they can to bring Trump down. But that said Trump does not help himself either and makes a lot of bad situations worse and the constant turnover of appointees of his administration that is frustrating to me. I am hoping this guy will eventually get it.


The first ones to throw out "the race card" is you righties who were whining and complaining that for eight years, Whites had no rights or some made up nonsense. You all cried that you could not ever share your opinion while telling the rest of us that we were not patriotic and hated America because we did not share your opinions to the letter because Fox and Hannity and Rush and O'Reilly said you all were under attack and snowflakes.

Second, tRump has played more golf since he was selected than Obama did his entire administration. No one cares that he golfs. All presidents golf. You righties took issue with Obama golfing. And Clinton golfing but not either of the Bush's. Just like you all cry and scream and gnash your teeth about how important the deficit is but when Bush, Reagan, tRump balloon the deficit, crickets from you all. You all scream hypocrisy when you all really just need a mirror.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3387
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:30 am

seb146 wrote:
Second, tRump has played more golf since he was selected than Obama did his entire administration.

As usual, you continue to post statements that are not true. Have you no shame? Do facts mean nothing to you?

President Obama is credited with 333 rounds of golf during his administration. Mr. Trump played about 21 rounds between inauguration and August 1.

Comparing the two Presidents over the same time span, Mr. Trump leads Mr. Obama 21-11.

It is possible that Mr. Trump played some rounds that have not been accounted for.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ack-obama/

Please consider making only truthful statements supported by facts/data/links.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
skywaymanaz
Posts: 717
Joined: Sun May 06, 2012 1:00 pm

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:31 am

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the things Trump is tweeting about the Mayor end up being true. What Trump doesn't understand is right now NO ONE CARES!!! This isn't the time for him to point fingers because all anyone sees is him vacationing. Trump doesn't understand optics and if there are people around him who do he doesn't listen to them. If the Mayor is playing politics he needs to ignore it for now and move heaven and earth to get the aid where it is needed.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5937
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:05 am

NoTime wrote:
and this one mayor (who also happens to be a large Hillary donor with, perhaps, an ax to grind) is saying something completely different?

I'd like your source on her being a large Hillary donor. Do yourself a favor and read up on the politics of PR.

While SOME (but not all) politicians are registered with the two large parties in the US, this is a mayor who advocates for looser ties between PR and the US which means that she is actually not registered with any party. Politics in PR aren't defined by Democrat or Republican. The governor, himself, is aligned with the Democrats and was a donor of Hillary (2008 and 2016) and Obama. Does he also have an ax to grind? He must have missed the "memo by Democrats" to oppose Trump...
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
cledaybuck
Posts: 406
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:28 pm

stratosphere wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Here is a typical Trump response:

Do nothing.
Golf.
Blame everyone else.
Golf.
Tweet.
Golf.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nati ... story.html



Because we know Obummer never played golf. :roll: Was it not Obama who went to play golf right after speaking about the beheading of James Foley? He also played plenty of golf during Hurricane Sandy so lets get this out of the way. I have no problem with anyone being critical of Trump my opinion Trump gets butthurt way too easy, he needs to stay off that damn twitter and start acting like a president. However, I would venture to guess a lot of people like myself who voted for him are getting way too sick and tired of anyone and everyone liberal who has a problem the first thing thrown out is the race card. He won't help PR because he hates people of color etc.. Cannot have a differing opinion cuz if you do you are racist. There are positive things happening in PR but CNN or MSNBC will never report it because they are doing all they can to bring Trump down. But that said Trump does not help himself either and makes a lot of bad situations worse and the constant turnover of appointees of his administration that is frustrating to me. I am hoping this guy will eventually get it.
If Trump wants to stop being accused of racism, maybe he should stop acting like a racist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15697
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:01 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Second, tRump has played more golf since he was selected than Obama did his entire administration.

As usual, you continue to post statements that are not true. Have you no shame? Do facts mean nothing to you?

President Obama is credited with 333 rounds of golf during his administration. Mr. Trump played about 21 rounds between inauguration and August 1.

Comparing the two Presidents over the same time span, Mr. Trump leads Mr. Obama 21-11.

It is possible that Mr. Trump played some rounds that have not been accounted for.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ack-obama/

Please consider making only truthful statements supported by facts/data/links.


As usual, you righties pick and choose which facts to put out there to make your guy look great

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... aways.html

In the first 14 weeks of his presidency, tRump played golf 19 times, Obama 1. But, yeah, Obama is worse. And, we need to just stop talking about the time tRump said, at a campaign rally, "I will not have time to golf because I will be working for you!" I guess that was altered or fake or doctored or never happened?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5937
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:05 pm

seb146 wrote:
tRump said, at a campaign rally, "I will not have time to golf because I will be working for you!" I guess that was altered or fake or doctored or never happened?

What are "alternative facts" Alex? Let's go for "Things Trump Said" for $400.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3387
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:55 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Second, tRump has played more golf since he was selected than Obama did his entire administration.

As usual, you continue to post statements that are not true. Have you no shame? Do facts mean nothing to you?

President Obama is credited with 333 rounds of golf during his administration. Mr. Trump played about 21 rounds between inauguration and August 1.

Comparing the two Presidents over the same time span, Mr. Trump leads Mr. Obama 21-11.

It is possible that Mr. Trump played some rounds that have not been accounted for.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ack-obama/

Please consider making only truthful statements supported by facts/data/links.


As usual, you righties pick and choose which facts to put out there to make your guy look great

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... aways.html

In the first 14 weeks of his presidency, tRump played golf 19 times, Obama 1. But, yeah, Obama is worse. And, we need to just stop talking about the time tRump said, at a campaign rally, "I will not have time to golf because I will be working for you!" I guess that was altered or fake or doctored or never happened?

This is not about "making your guy look good". It is about your constant lying.

Thanks for posting that NYT link. You should try to understand what it reports.

There are tables that show "Days at a Golf Course" and "Days at Private Getaway". These are not necessarily synonymous with "rounds of golf played".

The NYT article mentions the difficulty in knowing (in Mr. Trumps case) the number of rounds of golf and that information was gleaned from secondary sources.

If the links that both you and I posted are taken as reliable, then we might conclude the following:

Mr. Obama played his first round of golf on April 26, by which time Mr. Trump had played 17 or 19 rounds.

By August 1st Mr. Obama had played 11 times, Mr. Trump 21 times.

Between April 27 and August 1 Mr. Obama played 10 times and Mr. Trump either 2 or 4 times.

That is all we can conclude based on the "evidence" presented.

I doubt that we have complete and accurate data for Mr. Trump. Otherwise Mr. Obama is by far outplaying Mr.Trump after Mr. Obama's golf season began.

These comparisons have nothing to do with the lie you told about Mr. Trump, nor with your apparent unwillingness to admit your lie/error and apologize for it.

Your statement: "....Trump has played more golf since he was selected than Obama did his entire administration" is a lie. It might be "excused" as a mere misstatement of fact. But we both know it was a lie.

Further, it doesn't really matter what you meant by the use of the word "selected". Selected by the Republican Convention? Selected by the national election? Inauguration Day?

Words matter. I suggest you fail to understand that.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15697
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:42 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
As usual, you continue to post statements that are not true. Have you no shame? Do facts mean nothing to you?

President Obama is credited with 333 rounds of golf during his administration. Mr. Trump played about 21 rounds between inauguration and August 1.

Comparing the two Presidents over the same time span, Mr. Trump leads Mr. Obama 21-11.

It is possible that Mr. Trump played some rounds that have not been accounted for.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter ... ack-obama/

Please consider making only truthful statements supported by facts/data/links.


As usual, you righties pick and choose which facts to put out there to make your guy look great

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... aways.html

In the first 14 weeks of his presidency, tRump played golf 19 times, Obama 1. But, yeah, Obama is worse. And, we need to just stop talking about the time tRump said, at a campaign rally, "I will not have time to golf because I will be working for you!" I guess that was altered or fake or doctored or never happened?

This is not about "making your guy look good". It is about your constant lying.

Thanks for posting that NYT link. You should try to understand what it reports.

There are tables that show "Days at a Golf Course" and "Days at Private Getaway". These are not necessarily synonymous with "rounds of golf played".

The NYT article mentions the difficulty in knowing (in Mr. Trumps case) the number of rounds of golf and that information was gleaned from secondary sources.

If the links that both you and I posted are taken as reliable, then we might conclude the following:

Mr. Obama played his first round of golf on April 26, by which time Mr. Trump had played 17 or 19 rounds.

By August 1st Mr. Obama had played 11 times, Mr. Trump 21 times.

Between April 27 and August 1 Mr. Obama played 10 times and Mr. Trump either 2 or 4 times.

That is all we can conclude based on the "evidence" presented.

I doubt that we have complete and accurate data for Mr. Trump. Otherwise Mr. Obama is by far outplaying Mr.Trump after Mr. Obama's golf season began.

These comparisons have nothing to do with the lie you told about Mr. Trump, nor with your apparent unwillingness to admit your lie/error and apologize for it.

Your statement: "....Trump has played more golf since he was selected than Obama did his entire administration" is a lie. It might be "excused" as a mere misstatement of fact. But we both know it was a lie.

Further, it doesn't really matter what you meant by the use of the word "selected". Selected by the Republican Convention? Selected by the national election? Inauguration Day?

Words matter. I suggest you fail to understand that.


I know what my words are. I chose them for a reason. Just like you do every time you choose to defend the president select. Even though you say over and over that you don't like him. For someone who does not like him, you spend way too much time praising him....
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3387
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:11 pm

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

As usual, you righties pick and choose which facts to put out there to make your guy look great

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... aways.html

In the first 14 weeks of his presidency, tRump played golf 19 times, Obama 1. But, yeah, Obama is worse. And, we need to just stop talking about the time tRump said, at a campaign rally, "I will not have time to golf because I will be working for you!" I guess that was altered or fake or doctored or never happened?

This is not about "making your guy look good". It is about your constant lying.

Thanks for posting that NYT link. You should try to understand what it reports.

There are tables that show "Days at a Golf Course" and "Days at Private Getaway". These are not necessarily synonymous with "rounds of golf played".

The NYT article mentions the difficulty in knowing (in Mr. Trumps case) the number of rounds of golf and that information was gleaned from secondary sources.

If the links that both you and I posted are taken as reliable, then we might conclude the following:

Mr. Obama played his first round of golf on April 26, by which time Mr. Trump had played 17 or 19 rounds.

By August 1st Mr. Obama had played 11 times, Mr. Trump 21 times.

Between April 27 and August 1 Mr. Obama played 10 times and Mr. Trump either 2 or 4 times.

That is all we can conclude based on the "evidence" presented.

I doubt that we have complete and accurate data for Mr. Trump. Otherwise Mr. Obama is by far outplaying Mr.Trump after Mr. Obama's golf season began.

These comparisons have nothing to do with the lie you told about Mr. Trump, nor with your apparent unwillingness to admit your lie/error and apologize for it.

Your statement: "....Trump has played more golf since he was selected than Obama did his entire administration" is a lie. It might be "excused" as a mere misstatement of fact. But we both know it was a lie.

Further, it doesn't really matter what you meant by the use of the word "selected". Selected by the Republican Convention? Selected by the national election? Inauguration Day?

Words matter. I suggest you fail to understand that.


I know what my words are. I chose them for a reason. Just like you do every time you choose to defend the president select. Even though you say over and over that you don't like him. For someone who does not like him, you spend way too much time praising him....

President select? Are you for real?

Please copy or quote my "words of praise" for President Trump.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Trump to Puerto Rico: Your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina
And it’s “throwing our budget a little out of whack”

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/3/16411488/ ... uerto-rico
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 15965
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:06 pm

jetero wrote:
Trump to Puerto Rico: Your hurricane isn’t a “real catastrophe” like Katrina
And it’s “throwing our budget a little out of whack”

https://www.vox.com/2017/10/3/16411488/ ... uerto-rico

So many things wrong with his statements but what's the point anymore? Very smart. Super help. Much bless. Thoughts and prayers.

cledaybuck wrote:
If Trump wants to stop being accused of racism, maybe he should stop acting like a racist.

"It's not about race--ancient white proverb"
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5893
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump criticized for Puerto Rico response

Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:00 pm

Well,
Trump is trying to denigrate the citizens of Puerto Rico even more. Such a loser to treat our citizens this way. Who would support such a loser that puts down american citizens that just got hit by a natural disaster.
Trump is the biggest loser ever, and i have seen some really big losers, but he is the biggest loser of all.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald ... rs-n810036
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: L410Turbolet, petertenthije, Scorpius and 49 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos