User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3380
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:10 am

seahawk wrote:
A vote is about the future and not the past.

Those who do not learn from history...........
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3380
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:11 am

Duplicate
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:06 pm

seahawk wrote:
A vote is about the future and not the past.
So you will be OK with Franken being reelected in MN in 2020. After all, it's about the future and not the past.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:34 pm

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... mg00000009

Donald Trump Endorses Roy Moore For Senate
Moore is accused of sexually harassing or assaulting several women, including some who were teenagers at the time.


best part is the rapists excuse to endorse a rapist:

Democrats refusal to give even one vote for massive Tax Cuts is why we need Republican Roy Moore to win in Alabama. We need his vote on stopping crime


right, because you need a criminal to fight crime....

But at least someone is making sure that adulterers and gays can get stoned, not the good kind, ....

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7045
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:23 pm

All they want is for him to be elected, then they can remove him and the governor can install an alternate Republican to replace Moore. They won't admit to it right now but that is what will happen. They can't run any other Republican because they will absolutely split the vote and lose to the Dem. That is the entire political calculus, they don't care about the women unless they can get their seat.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:32 pm

Tugger wrote:
That is the entire political calculus, they don't care about the women unless they can get their seat.


as is obvious by their recent empowerment of rapists and Pedophiles. At least GOP already contains a P for it.

Just like having a Nazi sympathizer in the White House has increased hate crime, this will increase rape.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10389
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:31 am

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/m/8 ... -note.html

And now the RNC has resumed support for this Mall Creep. What a bunch of scurvy Bastards, every last one of them. We wonder why the world sees us as an immoral country these days.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5834
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:08 am

America has bigger issues than this dirt campaign of the liberal media. America needs a healthy republican majority in both houses, so that America can become great again.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 901
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:33 am

WarRI1 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:

What does Moore have to resign for (yet)?

Why is that so hard to understand???

Moore certainly has been convicted of sexuality impropriety with a minor. Just not, due to statute of limitations, in a court of law.

And also, perhaps probably, not by an electorate that is without moral compass.

I hope that I am wrong about the majority of Alabama voters.



I fear you and I are going to be very disappointed in the intelligence and morality of those voters. :sigh:


Sheila Jackson Lee believes Conyers’ accusers, but won’t call for resignation of ‘patriot’
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... accusers-/

Disappointed much ??

DETROIT (AP) — A woman who says she worked for U.S. Rep. John Conyers for more than a decade says he slid his hand up her skirt and rubbed her thighs while she was sitting next to him in the front row of a church.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... ak-silence
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:19 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
DETROIT (AP) — A woman who says she worked for U.S. Rep. John Conyers for more than a decade says he slid his hand up her skirt and rubbed her thighs while she was sitting next to him in the front row of a church.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... ak-silence


Nothing says "Moral person" more than committing sexual assault in Church....

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3380
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:29 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
DETROIT (AP) — A woman who says she worked for U.S. Rep. John Conyers for more than a decade says he slid his hand up her skirt and rubbed her thighs while she was sitting next to him in the front row of a church.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... ak-silence

I'm not saying this can't be true.

But for the life of me I can't figure out how you can do that while sitting in a pew without bending over and getting half turned around and calling attention to what you are doing. Maybe a double-jointed person could manage it somehow.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:13 pm

And now the goal posts are moved once "Moore".

First it was that the accuser had no evidence. She claims a yearbook (while another claims a card). But that wasn't enough. No. They had to show it so that we could all see. They've found their respective evidence.

The response? It's all forged, obviously.

I don't know about you but:
1. Both signatures look very similar (with the usual small details)
2. Just like a fingerprint, my signature is never identical. On two pieces of paper, they'll be similar, but never a carbon copy of the other.

Take a look for yourself.

Image
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:09 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Take a look for yourself.

Image


well, with that "forged" signature he would never have to show an ID for card payments because the signature doesn´t match the one on the card ...

I am assuming whatever the source is, they don´t provide more than the signature.

In order to properly compare handwriting you need:

a) usually more text than just a signature
b) samples written at around the same time, because hand writing and signature do change over time
c) those samples should have a comparable reason for them to be written. So you can´t really compare a year book entry with meeting notes, but with get well/congratulations to the new baby/wedding, but not xmas (because you may write many of those in one go).

I wouldn´t be surprised if the yearbook text isn´t even long enough to make a valid forensic analysis.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:43 pm

There have been calls to undergo a lie detector test. I'm fairly certain that if it ever happens, they'll say that the machine is faulty.

Moving goal posts to not have to accept defeat...
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5883
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Tue Dec 05, 2017 2:08 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
There have been calls to undergo a lie detector test. I'm fairly certain that if it ever happens, they'll say that the machine is faulty.

Moving goal posts to not have to accept defeat...


There is no morality with Roy Moore. He is the same coward that accepted NONE of Obama's proof that he was a citizen. Yet he asks everyone to just trust him.

No one will respect Alabama much once this election is done, if he goes on to serve.

I wonder if Airbus would pull out of Mobile , lest they be associated with such a coward in office.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5308
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:35 pm

seahawk wrote:
America has bigger issues than this dirt campaign of the liberal media. America needs a healthy republican majority in both houses, so that America can become great again.


An America that only existed in the fantasy world of conservatives.

Is there a particular time period you have in mind when America was "great"?
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5308
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:51 pm

Tugger wrote:
All they want is for him to be elected, then they can remove him and the governor can install an alternate Republican to replace Moore. They won't admit to it right now but that is what will happen. They can't run any other Republican because they will absolutely split the vote and lose to the Dem. That is the entire political calculus, they don't care about the women unless they can get their seat.

Tugg


That's not going to happen. Roy Moore will win the election, will take his seat in the Senate and will serve his six years.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5308
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:20 pm

casinterest wrote:
.

I wonder if Airbus would pull out of Mobile , lest they be associated with such a coward in office.


That's not going to happen. The reason they picked Alabama is that it's cheap and it's easier to shut that facility down that the A320 lines in France, Germany and China. And Roy Moore being elected is not a good enough reason to shut it down.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5883
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:40 pm

LMP737 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
.

I wonder if Airbus would pull out of Mobile , lest they be associated with such a coward in office.


That's not going to happen. The reason they picked Alabama is that it's cheap and it's easier to shut that facility down that the A320 lines in France, Germany and China. And Roy Moore being elected is not a good enough reason to shut it down.


There are going to be issues in Alabama going forward for many multinational companies, as they may face boycotts much the way that NC did with the bathroom bill.

Roy Moore is not a leader. I wouldn't trust my daughter around him, and that right there should be a question put to the voters of Alabama.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:52 pm

LMP737 wrote:
Roy Moore will win the election, will take his seat in the Senate and will serve his six years.

Correction: will serve until 2020 when his seat is up for reelection with the whole of Class 2.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
jetero
Posts: 1607
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:18 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Moore certainly has been convicted of sexuality impropriety with a minor. Just not, due to statute of limitations, in a court of law.

And also, perhaps probably, not by an electorate that is without moral compass.

I hope that I am wrong about the majority of Alabama voters.



I fear you and I are going to be very disappointed in the intelligence and morality of those voters. :sigh:


Sheila Jackson Lee believes Conyers’ accusers, but won’t call for resignation of ‘patriot’
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/20 ... accusers-/

Disappointed much ??

DETROIT (AP) — A woman who says she worked for U.S. Rep. John Conyers for more than a decade says he slid his hand up her skirt and rubbed her thighs while she was sitting next to him in the front row of a church.

https://www.usnews.com/news/politics/ar ... ak-silence


What about . . . ?

What a great and principled defense.

Of course he should go (and he has). And, like a real winner, he wants his son to get the seat. Yet, his nephew wants to run against the son. Sounds like a legacy of bad Detroit governance. From my cursory review, the nephew seems to be way more qualified.

I'm not sure why you think any of the principled posters on here are standing with Conyers. Same age-old crap with Hillary. We've got a pretty consistent position . . . an investigation proves a crime, then the person should be punished. Regardless of the letters after his or her name.

But keep up with the what about, Dallas. WWJD?
 
LMP737
Posts: 5308
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:36 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Correction: will serve until 2020 when his seat is up for reelection with the whole of Class 2.


I stand corrected. He will serve till 2020 at which point he will be reelected.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:40 am

LMP737 wrote:
casinterest wrote:
.

I wonder if Airbus would pull out of Mobile , lest they be associated with such a coward in office.


That's not going to happen. The reason they picked Alabama is that it's cheap and it's easier to shut that facility down that the A320 lines in France, Germany and China. And Roy Moore being elected is not a good enough reason to shut it down.


There was just a bill passed that would require Airbus to pay 20% of all imports, wasn´t there? That may very quickly make the Alabama facility uneconomical.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:31 am

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ro ... mg00000009

“I think it was great at the time when families were united. Even though we had slavery, they cared for one another. ... Our families were strong, our country had a direction,” Moore responded, according to a Los Angeles Times report in September.


People that think of Women as property somehow seem to like slavery. ..... .i wonder why.

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:41 pm

It seems like Roy Moore is hoping to get help from Russia:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5a2a ... mg00000009

Best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5834
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:08 pm

 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7045
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 pm

seahawk wrote:

Except:
"Fox News issues correction on Roy Moore accuser yearbook ‘forgery’ headline"
Fox News has since updated the story with a note at the bottom of the piece while removing any references to “forgery” in it.
[...]
"An update to this story reflects that Beverly Young Nelson admits writing what ABC News characterized as 'notes' beneath what she says is Roy Moore’s signature, and that the only notes below the signature are the date and location.

"Furthermore, the headline on [the] story now specifies that Nelson admits to writing part of the inscription herself, rather than forging part of it."

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36399 ... y-headline

So one group can amend their claim and another can't?
And looking at the writing it is obvious there was not an attempt to "fake" something, the writing is different. The woman is sticking to her statement that the act occurred and no one has disproved that Moore wrote what he did in her high school yearbook. And additionally another woman has come forward with another of his yearbook signings (edit: sorry, it was a scrap book for high school by the woman with his note in it):
Debbie Wesson Gibson was in her attic hauling out boxes of Christmas decorations last week when she noticed a storage bin she said she had forgotten about. Inside was a scrapbook from her senior year of high school, and taped to a page titled “Those Who Inspire” was a graduation card.

“Happy graduation Debbie,” it read in slanted cursive handwriting. “I wanted to give you this card myself. I know that you’ll be a success in anything you do. Roy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... story.html

His dedication to getting with high school girls and signing their yearbooks is sweet. Don't you think?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 901
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:30 am

tommy1808 wrote:
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/roy-moore-slavery-twitter-response_us_5a29d45be4b069ec48ac1aae?ncid=inblnkushpmg00000009

“I think it was great at the time when families were united. Even though we had slavery, they cared for one another. ... Our families were strong, our country had a direction,” Moore responded, according to a Los Angeles Times report in September.


People that think of Women as property somehow seem to like slavery. ..... .i wonder why.

best regards
Thomas


Sexuality in ancient Rome
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sexuality_in_ancient_Rome

There were much different rules for "free" citizens vs slaves.
I'm glad the US did away with the institution of slavery.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
seb146
Posts: 15677
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:54 pm

I have been curious about something:

Evangelicals like Roy Moore believe the Bible should be interpreted in a very specific way. That women should have no power at all. How, then, does Alabama have a female governor?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:24 am

seb146 wrote:
I have been curious about something:

Evangelicals like Roy Moore believe the Bible should be interpreted in a very specific way. That women should have no power at all. How, then, does Alabama have a female governor?

Silly seb. It's very clear that the Bible says that women should have no power, but that's all in the past. We have to look to the future. And women play a very important role in our society...like being in the kitchen and having a home cooked meal for when the men return...all while raising their 5-6 kids.

Kay Ivey is governor out of chance. And evangelicals are willing to break their Biblical interpretations if it means an evil, liberal, socialist, atheist, satanic Democrat is not put in office.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:00 am

I still can't get my head around the fact that evangelicals think a potential pedophile is a better candidate than a Democrat. Just stop and think about that for a second. These are people who claim to be Christians and have the moral high ground.

What sort of f**ked up world are we living in? :crazy:
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5834
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 10:38 am

Simple. Would you rather have a guy who believes in the Lord but committed one sin in the past or a person who rejects the bible? The bible is clear that sins can be forgiven but betraying the Lord can not be forgiven.
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1354
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:46 am

seahawk wrote:
Simple. Would you rather have a guy who believes in the Lord but committed one sin in the past or a person who rejects the bible? The bible is clear that sins can be forgiven but betraying the Lord can not be forgiven.


Interesting mental gymnastics. Also, the allegations suggest it was not ‘one sin’ but systemic molestation.

A pedophile is a pedophile.
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin
 
seb146
Posts: 15677
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:29 am

seahawk wrote:
Simple. Would you rather have a guy who believes in the Lord but committed one sin in the past or a person who rejects the bible? The bible is clear that sins can be forgiven but betraying the Lord can not be forgiven.


The Constitution is the law of the land, not The Bible, so there is that.

Besides, Moore touched an 14 year old girl inappropriately, tried to date and have relations with other under 18 year old girls and even got one girl out of trig class to ask her out on a date. He was banned from a mall for stalking girls.

Leave religion out of this. If you think his behavior is acceptable, you can no longer be outraged over reports of child brides. Let us enjoy our separation of church and state while we can.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5834
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:04 am

Maria and Joseph also had a bigger age difference, yet Jesus was born to them, so God must approve such marriages. And in the end the bible has no rules limiting the marriage age and the bible will be the law that decides how everybody spends eternity. So if you are religious, it is a logical position to be not concerned by Moore´s action.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:43 am

seahawk wrote:
Maria and Joseph also had a bigger age difference, yet Jesus was born to them, so God must approve such marriages. And in the end the bible has no rules limiting the marriage age and the bible will be the law that decides how everybody spends eternity. So if you are religious, it is a logical position to be not concerned by Moore´s action.


yup, that explains it. Also god is ok with rape, he didn´t ask for Mary´s consent and adultery seems fine too, since he was screwing a married women.....

"No Joseph, it is not what you think... it was the holy ghost!!!"

riiiiiiiiight....

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
seb146
Posts: 15677
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:57 am

seahawk wrote:
Maria and Joseph also had a bigger age difference, yet Jesus was born to them, so God must approve such marriages. And in the end the bible has no rules limiting the marriage age and the bible will be the law that decides how everybody spends eternity. So if you are religious, it is a logical position to be not concerned by Moore´s action.


Mary was carrying another man's child. They were also Jewish and did not speak English and travelling through Palestine.

Let's not forget that the age of consent in Alabama was (is?) 16. The one girl was 14. Other girls told him "no" but he did not stop.

But, at least it is not Bill Clinton? How does that work?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5834
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:03 am

Do you really believe facts matter in the vote? It is a matter of belief. And it seems that you can get away with a lot if you are a Republican and lip service evangelist. Trump was right, when he said his supporters would still support him, if he would shoot a random person on the street. This is typical for a group that is united by a common hate for persons outside of the group. It is early 1930ies in Europe....
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:15 am

seahawk wrote:
Do you really believe facts matter in the vote? It is a matter of belief. And it seems that you can get away with a lot if you are a Republican and lip service evangelist.


Yup, racists united isn´t a political party, its a fundamentalist religious group. At least people start getting ashamed of identifying as Republican ....

http://news.gallup.com/poll/15370/party ... ation.aspx

best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:17 pm

seahawk wrote:
a person who rejects the bible?

Interesting. Any evidence for the person "rejecting the bible"?

Oh and don't tell me "Google it"...you made the claim, you have to back it up.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5834
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
seahawk wrote:
a person who rejects the bible?

Interesting. Any evidence for the person "rejecting the bible"?

Oh and don't tell me "Google it"...you made the claim, you have to back it up.


I made no claim, I described the decision process for Moore´s voters. If he is endorsed by the local preachers, he is the person to vote for. And can you see many evangelical preachers distancing themselves for the Republican candidate in AL???
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:32 pm

seahawk wrote:
I made no claim, I described the decision process for Moore´s voters. If he is endorsed by the local preachers, he is the person to vote for. And can you see many evangelical preachers distancing themselves for the Republican candidate in AL???

Duly noted.

But still, how does the average Alabamian voter figure that Jones "rejects the Bible"?

This is why the Johnson Amendment should be enshrined as a constitutional amendment. The height of hypocrisy when a preacher goes in front of an audience and excuses immoral behavior while trashing someone else's integrity. Not only that, but also clinging to the Bible as a litmus test of who should be in office. Still waiting for when Millennials finally replace Baby Boomers and Generation X in every aspect. Maybe then the South will moderate and the Bible Belt will lose its grip on politics.

The typical conservative in the US doesn't exist anymore: it either panders to a church or it becomes extinct.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5834
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:45 pm

Is the whole republican outlook not a case of "you are either with us or against us"? Jones is a Democrat and that is not compensated by being a member of the Canterbury United Methodist Church for 30+ years. From afar it is absolutely mind boggling that Jones is not leading the polls with a incredibly huge margin, considering how mainstream and moderate his positions are and considering the Moore scandal. But in reality he is behind and that imho means that few base their votes on facts.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5883
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:57 pm

seahawk wrote:
Is the whole republican outlook not a case of "you are either with us or against us"? Jones is a Democrat and that is not compensated by being a member of the Canterbury United Methodist Church for 30+ years. From afar it is absolutely mind boggling that Jones is not leading the polls with a incredibly huge margin, considering how mainstream and moderate his positions are and considering the Moore scandal. But in reality he is behind and that imho means that few base their votes on facts.



Tomorrow will be interesting. I am willing to bet that many will simply not vote, lest they be party to electing a child molester. I am sure there were some serious sermons yesterday on this whole subject within Alabama.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 3:36 pm

casinterest wrote:
Tomorrow will be interesting. I am willing to bet that many will simply not vote, lest they be party to electing a child molester. I am sure there were some serious sermons yesterday on this whole subject within Alabama.

Because AL is a safe R state, it's difficult to predict what will happen. We thought that many Republicans would sit out the election in 2016. It looks like it happened, except in some states either Democrats sat out, Independents switched, or Republicans mobilized.

Jones has the issue of not being a motivating factor in the Black Belt region so his challenge will be to get those voters mobilized to the max while also winning over white voters and/or making potential Moore voters sit out or vote for someone else. Otherwise, Moore doesn't have to do much of anything (which is probably why he hasn't bothered to debate or even be out in the campaign trail).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7045
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:25 pm

As I have said before, the main goal/hope for Republican's tomorrow is to elect Moore, then remove him and replace him with another Republican.

I will be very curious to see what Alabamians actually do tomorrow. It appears a sense shame is no longer a Republican value. However I do see quite a few respectable conservative Senators stating that they cannot vote for Moore and asking others to also not vote for him.

We will see tomorrow what actually happens.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
LittleFokker
Posts: 848
Joined: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Tomorrow night, we will discover if Alabama regains the top spot of "America's Dumbest State" list.

If they do elect this monster, I will never step foot in Alabama again.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6819
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:17 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
Tomorrow night, we will discover if Alabama regains the top spot of "America's Dumbest State" list.

If they do elect this monster, I will never step foot in Alabama again.


Someone could flash mob the "Welcome to Alabama" signs and add a "rapists and paedophiles welcome too" or such to it....

Best regards
Thomas
NIKV69 wrote:
The race is over. Moore has over 50% of the vote with just about half the votes in. Jones can't overcome that. McConnell has 10am meeting tomorrow so they can get this guy removed. At least the seat stays Republican. That is the important thing.
:D
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5923
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 pm

Tugger wrote:
As I have said before, the main goal/hope for Republican's tomorrow is to elect Moore, then remove him and replace him with another Republican.

To remove him from the Senate, they'll need Democrat votes (67 votes). And if Democrats are smart, they'll let the GOP stick with Moore for the reasons I mentioned in another post.

Just think of the political ads against the GOP: "Roy Moore won a fair election in Alabama*, yet the GOP leadership wants him out because he vowed to not follow the party line. Is this the kind of party we want running the Senate? Don't let Republicans deny your voice in the Senate."

And it doesn't have to be a DNC or a DSCC ad; it can be a PAC allied with Democrats or against Republicans.

Again, two things:
1. Why would Democrats help bail out Republicans?
2. Why would Democrats vote to expel a duly elected Senator?** No matter his behavior, Alabamians were given a choice and if they preferred the pedophile over the attorney, then that's their selection. The Democrats from CA or NY will now have their chance to show that they don't meddle with other state affairs.

*No matter what you may think, the race so far seems to be an ordinary one under the same rules as the 2016 election. We may hate the guy or think he's unqualified, but ethical behavior is (unfortunately) not a precondition for Senate candidacy.

**Don't think Republicans will be forever grateful. I can see ads running all over the country denouncing Democrats for voting to remove a duly elected Senator and how that's pure tyranny (even though everyone knows that Democrats alone can't do zip without GOP votes...but in a country where the unemployment rate was fake under Obama but real under Trump, I wouldn't be surprised if that's the math the GOP makes everyone else believe).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 7045
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:12 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
To remove him from the Senate, they'll need Democrat votes (67 votes). And if Democrats are smart, they'll let the GOP stick with Moore for the reasons I mentioned in another post.

I am not meaning a formal procedural removal. I am meaning either a political pressure process by the Republican's alone or by more bad things being found about Moore. Once elected the Republican's will be free of the threat of shrinking their majority and will be more able to freely attack him. Same goes for those in the state itself that have been holding back. And in fact I would not be surprised if the Bannon/Moore crowd wouldn't also then jump on him since the Republican advantage is secured. It is politics at its finest/worst.

I truly do not believe he will stay in his seat for his term.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BlueberryWheats, Google Adsense [Bot], jetero, jetwet1, petertenthije and 25 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos