cledaybuck
Posts: 371
Joined: Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:07 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Mir wrote:
If the GOP were smart, they'd run far away from Moore and help get his opponent elected, just like they did when David Duke was running for a Senate seat, even at temporary cost to them. If they start helping him, they're going to be associated with his brand of madness and bigotry for a long time.
Look at the currently leader of the party. This is what the GOP is about.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4273
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:30 pm

Mr. Family Values son was was just arrested for the ninth(!!) time and charged with criminal trespass, a third degree felony. Father and son like to blame Junior's legal troubles on Daddy's political opponents :roll: ...

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/alabam ... cal-trick/
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index ... th_th.html
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
apodino
Posts: 3168
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Wed Oct 18, 2017 3:45 am

Polling shows the race is even. If Moore turns out to be too conservative even for Alabama....the GOP may want to really consider how far right they want to be.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Topic Author
Posts: 5815
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:00 am

I didn't know Roy Moore was so popular with the Russians.

But of course, it's all the Democrats' fault...yes. Because THEY were the ones who colluded with Russia so that Republicans would win and then start a fight as to why they lost.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6991
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 7:31 pm

Well it looks like Roy Moore may be in a bit of trouble:
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

Well detailed story with three other women also identified. Appears it would be "sexual impropriety" as opposed to "sexual assault".
Moore has denied the allegations. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
LMP737
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:08 pm

OA412 wrote:
Mr. Family Values son was was just arrested for the ninth(!!) time and charged with criminal trespass, a third degree felony. Father and son like to blame Junior's legal troubles on Daddy's political opponents :roll: ...

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/10/alabam ... cal-trick/
http://www.al.com/news/birmingham/index ... th_th.html


I thought the GOP was the party of taking personal responsibility for ones actions.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:20 pm

Tugger wrote:
Well it looks like Roy Moore may be in a bit of trouble:
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

Well detailed story with three other women also identified. Appears it would be "sexual impropriety" as opposed to "sexual assault".
Moore has denied the allegations. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.

Tugg


If it were just one person one might give him the benefit of the doubt. However when there are three other women telling similar stories then you have to wonder.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4273
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:27 pm

LMP737 wrote:
I thought the GOP was the party of taking personal responsibility for ones actions.

Right? It's all about personal responsibility for everyone else, not so much for them. Note how most party loyalists threw the Virginia's Republican gubernatorial candidate under the bus the moment he lost, rather than take a look at the party's actions and accept responsibility.
Tugger wrote:
Well it looks like Roy Moore may be in a bit of trouble:
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

Well detailed story with three other women also identified. Appears it would be "sexual impropriety" as opposed to "sexual assault".
Moore has denied the allegations. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.


I've never been more shocked than when I read these allegations. I nearly fainted. :lol: :lol:
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
desertjets
Posts: 7624
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2000 3:12 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:33 pm

Tugger wrote:
Well it looks like Roy Moore may be in a bit of trouble:
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

Well detailed story with three other women also identified. Appears it would be "sexual impropriety" as opposed to "sexual assault".
Moore has denied the allegations. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.

Tugg



So sanctimonious moralizing windbag may also be a sexual predator.... color me shocked. The accounts in the WaPo story are pretty sickening and it all screams classic predatory behavior. The fact that he, allegedly, was trolling the courthouse steps, the mall and the local HS for fresh meat makes my stomach churn. One of the accusers mentioned that she had asked her mom for permission and when finding out who it was gave it the mom seal of approval. That somehow Moore's social standing within the community was good enough that people would look the other way, or not consider it inappropriate, for a man in his 30s to pursue women girls that weren't even old enough to vote. Which makes me wonder if this is yet another poorly kept secret of male impropriety. And everyone knew that ol' Roy liked em young.
Stop drop and roll will not save you in hell. --- seen on a church marque in rural Virginia
 
KLDC10
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:40 pm

Tugger wrote:
Well it looks like Roy Moore may be in a bit of trouble:
Woman says Roy Moore initiated sexual encounter when she was 14, he was 32

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html

Well detailed story with three other women also identified. Appears it would be "sexual impropriety" as opposed to "sexual assault".
Moore has denied the allegations. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.

Tugg


I don't know whether the allegations are true or not. If they are true, then it is despicable, and he should get out of the race, but there are a couple of points I'd like to make here:

1. The timing is suspect. Roy Moore is now 70 years old, which means the alleged assault took place 38 years ago. And this isn't the first time Moore has run for office in Alabama. Why now? They better have some cast iron evidence that this took place.

2. Allegations should never be enough to ruin a person's life and career. We've gotten to a point nowadays where an allegation is all it takes to end a person's career, or smear their name forever, regardless of the final outcome. In the past few days, a British politician committed suicide after he was accused of impropriety, yet these allegations are thrown around freely and often taken at face value immediately.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/763/772/A320/A321/A332/A333/E175/E190
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6991
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:50 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Why now? They better have some cast iron evidence that this took place.
[...]
Allegations should never be enough to ruin a person's life and career..

And this goes for Spacey and Weinstein etc. as well? As far as I know there is no "evidence" only allegations by multiple people.

Also if you read the article you should better understand the "why now".

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
KLDC10
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:17 pm

Tugger wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:
Why now? They better have some cast iron evidence that this took place.
[...]
Allegations should never be enough to ruin a person's life and career..


And this goes for Spacey and Weinstein etc. as well? As far as I know there is no "evidence" only allegations by multiple people.

Also if you read the article you should better understand the "why now".

Tugg


Innocent until proven guilty is a universal concept. That's why developed countries have judicial systems. In Medieval times, someone might cry "witch!" at someone they didn't like. That person might then have been burned at the stake by an angry mob. Trial by media is the modern-day equivalent. We have judicial systems to prevent that kind of thing.

Though I'd point out that both Weinstein and Spacey all but admitted that they engaged in impropriety. Judge Moore on the other hand has issued a strong condemnation, so I don't think there's a direct comparison here.

Oh please, you think I didn't read the article? Yes I read the stated reason (kids in school, etc.), but at the moment it's just her word against his.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/763/772/A320/A321/A332/A333/E175/E190
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:19 pm

OA412 wrote:

I've never been more shocked than when I read these allegations. I nearly fainted. :lol: :lol:


Same here, I was amazed they were female, for whatever reason it always seems to be the bible thumpers getting caught men/boys.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6991
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:33 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty is a universal concept. That's why developed countries have judicial systems. In Medieval times, someone might cry "witch!" at someone they didn't like. That person might then have been burned at the stake by an angry mob. Trial by media is the modern-day equivalent. We have judicial systems to prevent that kind of thing.

Though I'd point out that both Weinstein and Spacey all but admitted that they engaged in impropriety. Judge Moore on the other hand has issued a strong condemnation, so I don't think there's a direct comparison here.

I don't really disagree but that is the biggest issue with sexual issues, the embarrassment and the fact that it is men (the majority of the offenders) in power who have for decades generally had an advantage to be able to attack and discredit (or payoff) anyone who comes at them. I can only imagine if a 14 y/o had made these allegations back in the 1970's in the south, how that would be received and the very great likelihood that she would have been dragged through the mud or dismissed and her reputation forever ruined or at least damaged, if she had come forward then.

I don't know where this will ultimately go. But the report seems well researched, I am sure the WaPo was expecting it to be attacked and come under great scrutiny. Of course such news organizations have been proven grievously in error before so that very well could happen here too, only time and further investigation will tell.

KLDC10 wrote:
Oh please, you think I didn't read the article? Yes I read the stated reason (kids in school, etc.), but at the moment it's just her word against his.

No offense intended, I did not mean to write it in an accusatory way, if that is how it was received.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
KLDC10
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Tugger wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty is a universal concept. That's why developed countries have judicial systems. In Medieval times, someone might cry "witch!" at someone they didn't like. That person might then have been burned at the stake by an angry mob. Trial by media is the modern-day equivalent. We have judicial systems to prevent that kind of thing.

Though I'd point out that both Weinstein and Spacey all but admitted that they engaged in impropriety. Judge Moore on the other hand has issued a strong condemnation, so I don't think there's a direct comparison here.

I don't really disagree but that is the biggest issue with sexual issues, the embarrassment and the fact that it is men (the majority of the offenders) in power who have for decades generally had an advantage to be able to attack and discredit (or payoff) anyone who comes at them. I can only imagine if a 14 y/o had made these allegations back in the 1970's in the south, how that would be received and the very great likelihood that she would have been dragged through the mud or dismissed and her reputation forever ruined or at least damaged, if she had come forward then.

I don't know where this will ultimately go. But the report seems well researched, I am sure the WaPo was expecting it to be attacked and come under great scrutiny. Of course such news organizations have been proven grievously in error before so that very well could happen here too, only time and further investigation will tell.


I agree that dealing with issues of sexual assault is incredibly difficult, and I would further accept your point that we should place the claims in historical context. I guess I'm just instinctively suspicious of a story which is taken to the media rather than to the appropriate authorities. If it is a genuine, serious complaint, then I feel it should be dealt with outside of the media spotlight. But then of course that in turn is complicated by the fact that Moore is a public figure running for US Senate.

I guess all I can really say at this point is that the timing of the story gives both sides enough time to reinforce and evidence their respective positions before the election. That's all I can draw from it right now.

Tugger wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:
Oh please, you think I didn't read the article? Yes I read the stated reason (kids in school, etc.), but at the moment it's just her word against his.

No offense intended, I did not mean to write it in an accusatory way, if that is how it was received.

Tugg


Don't worry! I should have phrased my reply better ;)
Always best to debate in a civil manner after all!
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/763/772/A320/A321/A332/A333/E175/E190
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5830
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:42 pm

Roy has got a big problem. A man that fund raises off the power of the Christian conservative is facing a hell of an allegation. Whether he moves on or not, there are a lot of GOP folks that will not want to stand within 10 feet of him at a fundraiser going forward. Especially in light of the following.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/alaba ... le/2635265
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
Ken777
Posts: 9412
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:51 pm

Moore has even less chance today after WaPo came out with the news that when Moore was 32 he molested a 14 year old girl.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... 8a43c183c6

I guess the good folks in Alabama will just say "At least it wasn't a 14 year old boy! That would kill his political career!"

Moore also molested a 16 year old girl and a 18 year girl. That is all that have come forward - so far.
 
Ken777
Posts: 9412
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:24 pm

KLDC10 wrote:

Innocent until proven guilty is a universal concept. That's why developed countries have judicial systems. In Medieval times, someone might cry "witch!" at someone they didn't like. That person might then have been burned at the stake by an angry mob. Trial by media is the modern-day equivalent. We have judicial systems to prevent that kind of thing.


Moore will not face a jury, but he will face the voters in December. Unless, of course, the GOP makes a judgement before then (like in the next few days).


KLDC10 wrote:

Though I'd point out that both Weinstein and Spacey all but admitted that they engaged in impropriety. Judge Moore on the other hand has issued a strong condemnation, so I don't think there's a direct comparison here.


Both of those guys are in an industry where a lot of games are played. Things have changed pretty dramatically - just look at Kevin Spacey. Those changes are also going to be outside of the film industry and Trump & Moore are just the start.

BTW, until I actually posted the last post shown was 4 weeks ago - a minor oooops generating double posts.
 
luckyone
Posts: 2392
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:28 am

You can tell by how they aren't rushing to defend him and how they are suggesting he leave exactly how the congressional GOP leaders already felt about Roy Moore before these allegations were published. They likely already intended to let Crazy Uncle Roy sit at the table but give him a plastic knife. As much of a delusional zealot that he is, somebody in the GOP could very well have made this story move a bit faster in the hopes that they don't have to own a Senator who believes that the Constitution he has sworn to uphold isn't the bottom line in his doing his job. And come on, Alabama is already the butt of enough jokes...
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:36 am

Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Next, he'll be voted into the Alabama Senate seat.

The WP, after weeks of grooming the supposed victims, couldn't come up with even one allegation of sexual assault.

I'm sure most of the Alabama Trump supporters will see Roy as a changed man now, worthy of supporting Donald Trump's Policies in the US Senate.

They view the WP efforts as dedicated smear campaign. Voter Optics baby.

If I can support a reformed "pussy grabber", then I do support a reformed Roy Moore.

How do I know Roy has reformed? I assume so, that's how. :)

I trust my Judgement, more than I trust the WP's.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
wingman
Posts: 3239
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:09 am

So in advance of any full and final truth you're good to go with pedophilia? Do you partake yourself? Im wondering if your neighbors and their children are aware.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 15917
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:44 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Next, he'll be voted into the Alabama Senate seat.

The WP, after weeks of grooming the supposed victims, couldn't come up with even one allegation of sexual assault.

I'm sure most of the Alabama Trump supporters will see Roy as a changed man now, worthy of supporting Donald Trump's Policies in the US Senate.

They view the WP efforts as dedicated smear campaign. Voter Optics baby.

If I can support a reformed "pussy grabber", then I do support a reformed Roy Moore.

How do I know Roy has reformed? I assume so, that's how. :)

I trust my Judgement, more than I trust the WP's.

You and all trumpanzees love a good christian that $#%&#d a kid. The allegations probably make you love him more--who knows maybe it's a mirror image of his supporters. It's always the loudest christians that have the biggest skeletons in their closet. Or maybe by "culture war" you just meant you wanted to make it easier for pedophiles and nazis to be normalized in society?
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
seb146
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:09 am

Harvey Wienstien and Kevin Spacey are both accused of sexual misconduct and the outrage from the right is unimaginable. They are guilty because someone said something. But, we all just need to calm the eff down with these wild-eyed Roy Moore accusations. I mean, he is only being accused. That does not mean he actually did anything.

Typical Republican reaction....
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
apodino
Posts: 3168
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:51 am

I am not a Moore fan and I agree that if these allegations are true he should withdraw from the race. If there is a thing I find suspicious about the accusations it's the timing of the report. Weinstein and Spacey weren't running for office and there was really no one who benefited from taking them down. That being said, if this really is a Moore setup, I actually believe Mitch McConnell and The GOP establishment are responsible and they trying to sabotage their own Guy. Why do I say this? Firstly, when these accusations are leveled by women in a political campaign, Gloria Allred is usually around and she is not in this case. Secondly, McConnell was suspiciously very quick to react to this story, quicker than The Democrats would be, and we haven't heard a lot from them on this. This to me hints he may have had advanced knowledge of this. Thirdly, the establishment has hated Roy Moore from the start, and haven't embraced him at all and they know they have a better chance at getting their guy in 2020 enduring three years of an Alabama Democrat, not to mention McConnell feels threatened by Moore.

That being said, I am not convinced these allegations are untrue either. Yes they are old, but still. But if there is a setup here, I believe McConnell and the GOP establishment are behind it, not the democrats, who truthfully with Moore in the race are actually in a no lose situation in Alabama. If Moore wins as would normally be expected, they have an additional boogeyman to run against. If
Doug Jones wins, the benefits to the democrats are obvious.

If Moore does lose and the allegations prove to not be true, then that also is very worrying and sets a dangerous precedent going forward.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:48 am

apodino wrote:
I am not a Moore fan and I agree that if these allegations are true he should withdraw from the race. If there is a thing I find suspicious about the accusations it's the timing of the report. Weinstein and Spacey weren't running for office and there was really no one who benefited from taking them down. That being said, if this really is a Moore setup,.


Forget about that. This is not like the 13-year old girl Trump was accused of violently raping tied to a bed, where only people close to Trump could corroborate the story, these women tell lots of little details that can be checked, things in public that other people can remember.... and so on.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
seb146
Posts: 15542
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 am

apodino wrote:
I am not a Moore fan and I agree that if these allegations are true he should withdraw from the race. If there is a thing I find suspicious about the accusations it's the timing of the report. Weinstein and Spacey weren't running for office and there was really no one who benefited from taking them down.


Wasn't it suspicious about the timing of the Clinton allegations? People even complained about the timing of the Trump allegations. Thing is: with Moore and Trump, the stories line up. Sure, Clinton is a womanizer but consenting adults. Not like children that Moore and Trump did.

But, as I said, they are Republicans so they get a pass. As in "If these allegations are true, then Moore should resign but we need to wait and see..."

That is a BS response and is just as stupid as "we can not politicize mass shootings right now..."
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4243
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:15 am

Ken777 wrote:
Moore has even less chance today after WaPo came out with the news that when Moore was 32 he molested a 14 year old girl.


I wouldn't be so sure about that. The kind of people who vote for Moore are your basic Trump fanatics... They're happy to turn a blind eye to any 'flaw' in their idol in order to prop up a man who will push for the Christian-extremist oppressive bigoted society they wish to live in.
Case in point:

DIRECTFLT wrote:
If I can support a reformed "pussy grabber", then I do support a reformed Roy Moore.

How do I know Roy has reformed? I assume so, that's how.

...


apodino wrote:
If Moore does lose and the allegations prove to not be true, then that also is very worrying and sets a dangerous precedent going forward.


Ah, yes. An outside party with no direct involvement with an election but who wishes to disrupt its result by spreading targeted false information... Where have I seen that before?
:scratchchin:
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 am

KLDC10 wrote:
[

The timing is suspect. Roy Moore is now 70 years old, which means the alleged assault took place 38 years ago. And this isn't the first time Moore has run for office in Alabama. Why now?
.


Why now? One word, Wienstien.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:36 am

wingman wrote:
So in advance of any full and final truth you're good to go with pedophilia? Do you partake yourself? Im wondering if your neighbors and their children are aware.


https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ro ... mg00000009

Well, the Bible says it is ok, so it is ok, since we know the Bible outranks Law and Constitution.....

After all, that is the book that has the worst fathers (child rapists, child murderers) as hero´s in its stories........

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:39 am

OA412 wrote:

I've never been more shocked than when I read these allegations. I nearly fainted. :lol: :lol:


My gut instinct is that he will still win.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5694
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:41 am

Edit: I think he will step down, when foxnews runs a headline of Trump urging him "to do the right thing" - it is game over.
Last edited by seahawk on Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:52 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Next, he'll be voted into the Alabama Senate seat.

The WP, after weeks of grooming the supposed victims, couldn't come up with even one allegation of sexual assault.

I'm sure most of the Alabama Trump supporters will see Roy as a changed man now, worthy of supporting Donald Trump's Policies in the US Senate.

They view the WP efforts as dedicated smear campaign. Voter Optics baby.

If I can support a reformed "pussy grabber", then I do support a reformed Roy Moore.

How do I know Roy has reformed? I assume so, that's how. :)

I trust my Judgement, more than I trust the WP's.


Of course he'll win. For the simple reason evangelical Christians, at least 80% of them, have shown themselves to be hypocritical frauds. And Alabama has more than it's fair share of them.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:15 am

seahawk wrote:
Probably fake news. It is not on any reasonable news outlet like Fox or Breitbart or American Patriot daily.


Now that is just classic trolling.

seahawk wrote:
Edit: I think he will step down, when foxnews runs a headline of Trump urging him "to do the right thing" - it is game over.


Which will not happen, the Republican party was more than happy to let these fake news sites run amok, at some point reality will be more than happy to show it's face.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5694
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:27 am

It was no trolling, but it is hugely important to see what news outlets most likely used by his voter base are showing. The choice of the headline on foxnews and the placement on the site, is clear indication that he will be convinced to step down.
 
jetwet1
Posts: 2324
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:42 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:58 am

I agree with you, but when you put "probably fake news. . It is not on any reasonable news outlet like Fox or Breitbart or American Patriot daily" that's trolling, there is no way you can describe Breitbart or American Patriot as reasonable.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5694
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:06 am

I think his voters would disagree on that. But yes I forgot the " " around reasonable.
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7766
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:14 am

This is an example of power corrupting. The tale of a man stalking young girls aged 14 in his place of work, knowing of their family problems (custody battles) is as low as one can go.

The Catholic Church in Boston and in Ireland was decimated by those in power preaching one thing, doing the opposite and then... covering it up. The GOP needs to be careful here, as the long term impact could be significant.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
WIederling
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:24 am

LMP737 wrote:
Well detailed story with three other women also identified. Appears it would be "sexual impropriety" as opposed to "sexual assault".
Moore has denied the allegations. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.

Tugg


If it were just one person one might give him the benefit of the doubt. However when there are three other women telling similar stories then you have to wonder.[/quote]

So they paid more than one person?
Murphy is an optimist
 
blueflyer
Posts: 3814
Joined: Tue Jan 31, 2006 4:17 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:20 pm

WIederling wrote:
If it were just one person one might give him the benefit of the doubt. However when there are three other women telling similar stories then you have to wonder.


So they paid more than one person?


4 accusers, and corroborating witnesses who had heard from the victims before Moore was anybody, a grand total of 30 people. 30 people, the liberal media recruited and paid in 5 minutes after Moore won the primaries.

The angry right should really learn a thing or two from this. After years of trying, still can't pay a credible witness on Hilary, Benghazi, Obama's Kenyan birth... Whether it is on governing or made-for-the-base scandals, Republican ineptitude is really showing...
MAGag
 
ltbewr
Posts: 12960
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 2:27 pm

Of course, if these allegations are true, then it is long time for him to resign from the race and the party appoint a new candidate. Any way to keep this fool from the Senate will be good.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:15 pm

WIederling wrote:
LMP737 wrote:
Well detailed story with three other women also identified. Appears it would be "sexual impropriety" as opposed to "sexual assault".
Moore has denied the allegations. It will be interesting to see where this goes from here.

Tugg


If it were just one person one might give him the benefit of the doubt. However when there are three other women telling similar stories then you have to wonder.


So they paid more than one person?[/quote]

You quoted someone else and not me in the first four sentences.

I did say that if it were one person I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I was not saying nor was I implying that that people were paid. Quite the contrary. My opinion is he probably did what those women said he did. Not that it really matters since he will more than likely win the election.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:44 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Next, he'll be voted into the Alabama Senate seat.

The WP, after weeks of grooming the supposed victims, couldn't come up with even one allegation of sexual assault.

I'm sure most of the Alabama Trump supporters will see Roy as a changed man now, worthy of supporting Donald Trump's Policies in the US Senate.

They view the WP efforts as dedicated smear campaign. Voter Optics baby.

If I can support a reformed "pussy grabber", then I do support a reformed Roy Moore.

How do I know Roy has reformed? I assume so, that's how. :)

I trust my Judgement, more than I trust the WP's.

You and all trumpanzees love a good christian that $#%&#d a kid. The allegations probably make you love him more--who knows maybe it's a mirror image of his supporters. It's always the loudest christians that have the biggest skeletons in their closet.


Wow, then I can only imagine the skeletons in the closet of Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, and Elijah Cummings !!!

And, no doubt, the supporters of those three, are a mirror image of them.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:50 pm

LMP737 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Next, he'll be voted into the Alabama Senate seat.

The WP, after weeks of grooming the supposed victims, couldn't come up with even one allegation of sexual assault.

I'm sure most of the Alabama Trump supporters will see Roy as a changed man now, worthy of supporting Donald Trump's Policies in the US Senate.

They view the WP efforts as dedicated smear campaign. Voter Optics baby.

If I can support a reformed "pussy grabber", then I do support a reformed Roy Moore.

How do I know Roy has reformed? I assume so, that's how. :)

I trust my Judgement, more than I trust the WP's.


Of course he'll win. For the simple reason evangelical Christians, at least 80% of them, have shown themselves to be hypocritical frauds. And Alabama has more than it's fair share of them.


Evangelical Christians, even those you claim to be hypocritical frauds, have every right to elect someone, just like themselves, to represent them in Govt.

Isn't that the way representative Govt. works ??
Last edited by DIRECTFLT on Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
WIederling
Posts: 4368
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 2:15 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:53 pm

LMP737 wrote:
You quoted someone else and not me in the first four sentences.

I did say that if it were one person I would give him the benefit of the doubt. I was not saying nor was I implying that that people were paid. Quite the contrary. My opinion is he probably did what those women said he did. Not that it really matters since he will more than likely win the election.


<cite> sorry to have botched that.

for me all these allegations springing up in just the right moment have a decidedly funny taste.

Same for "think about the children suffering" today, anything beginning with that quip has a lie as payload.
Some other adrenaline raisers too. If you feel your bloodpressure instantly going up from some news:
scratch and look deeper. There is some nefarious payload hidden.

I no way would I insinuate that Moore most certainly must be innocent. But I would be careful to judge him from say so.
let things ride a couple of days ...
Murphy is an optimist
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Posts: 817
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:02 pm

BestWestern wrote:
The tale of a man stalking young girls aged 14 in his place of work, knowing of their family problems (custody battles) is as low as one can go.


I'd say that, leaving your drunk date, as a Married man, drowning in the car you were driving, and not reporting that, until ten hours later, is about as low as one could go.

But who am I to say what goes and doesn't go with Bostonian voters... :(
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 15917
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:05 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
DIRECTFLT wrote:
Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Next, he'll be voted into the Alabama Senate seat.

The WP, after weeks of grooming the supposed victims, couldn't come up with even one allegation of sexual assault.

I'm sure most of the Alabama Trump supporters will see Roy as a changed man now, worthy of supporting Donald Trump's Policies in the US Senate.

They view the WP efforts as dedicated smear campaign. Voter Optics baby.

If I can support a reformed "pussy grabber", then I do support a reformed Roy Moore.

How do I know Roy has reformed? I assume so, that's how. :)

I trust my Judgement, more than I trust the WP's.

You and all trumpanzees love a good christian that $#%&#d a kid. The allegations probably make you love him more--who knows maybe it's a mirror image of his supporters. It's always the loudest christians that have the biggest skeletons in their closet.


Wow, then I can only imagine the skeletons in the closet of Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, and Elijah Cummings !!!

And, no doubt, the supporters of those three, are a mirror image of them.

...says the uber fan of multiple pedophiles. You must be on a list. Have any of those three been accused of sexual assault? Have you?

DIRECTFLT wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
The tale of a man stalking young girls aged 14 in his place of work, knowing of their family problems (custody battles) is as low as one can go.


I'd say that, leaving your drunk date, as a Married man, drowning in the car you were driving, and not reporting that, until ten hours later, is about as low as one could go.

But who am I to say what goes and doesn't go with Bostonian voters... :(

Exactly. You have zero morals since you are totally fine with your buddies preying on children as long as someone else has done something bad somewhere on the planet. Another reminder that Trump supporters are just bad people that will justify any behavior no matter how depraved as long as they can lie, steal, and grab (underage) pussy for Jesus!
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
LMP737
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:21 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Evangelical Christians, even those you claim to be hypocritical frauds, have every right to elect someone, just like themselves, to represent them in Govt.

Isn't that the way representative Govt. works ??


Of course they do. However as Barry Goldwater said years ago that the GOP is going to have a problem when with evangelicals because governing requires compromise. And as he pointed oh so well you can't compromise with people who think go is on their side. Another problem is that evangelicals seem to think that the government is there to enforce their view of morality and if they don't get their way they're being oppressed. And it all has to do with their interpretation of a fairy tale.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
LMP737
Posts: 5272
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:37 pm

WIederling wrote:

<cite> sorry to have botched that.


No problem.

WIederling wrote:
for me all these allegations springing up in just the right moment have a decidedly funny taste.

Same for "think about the children suffering" today, anything beginning with that quip has a lie as payload.
Some other adrenaline raisers too. If you feel your bloodpressure instantly going up from some news:
scratch and look deeper. There is some nefarious payload hidden.

I no way would I insinuate that Moore most certainly must be innocent. But I would be careful to judge him from say so.
let things ride a couple of days ...


It's called politics. People dig for dirt when you are involved in it. Especially when you put yourself on the national stage like he has.

It's almost cliche though. People like Roy Moore who portray themselves as high and mighty and in gods good graces seem to have some deep dark secret they are hiding.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:51 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
The WP, after weeks of grooming the supposed victims, couldn't come up with even one allegation of sexual assault.

I'm sure most of the Alabama Trump supporters will see Roy as a changed man now..........

I love the way you groom the issues. Well done.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
apodino
Posts: 3168
Joined: Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:11 am

Re: Moore wins in AL runoff. What next?

Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:06 pm

Wow....again another thread dealing with something political has turned into nothing but name calling by both sides. Stuff like this keeps us divided as a country and stirs up anger and resentment among everybody, and we have no love for anyone and we wonder why we have the problems we do in this country.

That being said, Romney has now called on Moore to withdraw, and Sean Hannity of all people says these charges are disgusting and may be legitimate and if so Moore should withdraw. What I worry about is people on both sides are drawing their own conclusions which seem to be based on emotion and not actual facts. The fact is, no one knows for sure if these charges are true or not. No evidence either way has been presented. The same is actually true in the Harvey Weinstein case. There are a bunch of people who came forward recently, and a bunch of people who say this has been going on, but its very circumstancial evidence and Weinstein should have his day in court. Likewise, Moore should have a chance to tell his side of the story and we should let the facts lead where they may.

What I don't want this to lead to is a situation where if there is a tight election, a victim suddenly comes out of the woodwork and make an accusation, in order to influence an election. If these end up being false, then the accused end up paying for nothing. This happened to Ted Stevens in Alaska, it happened with the Duke Lacrosse players, it seemed to happen to Herman Cain. If we end up going to this place in politics, I really worry about where our country is heading and I don't care which party is in power.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: helhem, phatfarmlines, TWA772LR and 43 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos