casinterest

Re: Global Citizen Festival take a knee everyone

Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:58 pm

scbriml wrote:
So, Mike Pence flew in AF2 from Nevada to Indianapolis to attend the 49ers vs Colts game in order to "walk out in protest" when players took the inevitable knee. He then flew back to California.

What a contrived, hollow 'gesture' in a ludicrous effort to make a point. How much did that cost the US taxpayer?

#TakeAKnee

Pence just lost a lot of credibility.
One he left a game , where the other team knelt. The other team being the 49ers.
Two, he had a 6:30 dinner in California to get to.
Three, they told the press pool to wait in the car.

This was all planned for hype, and it makes the VP look like a lying fool. It is meat for the rabid base, but they can be fed crap at this moment, and won't know the difference. Pence could have easily stayed and said he chose to honor the VAST majority in that stadium that did stand for the anthem.

I wonder if Pence will look back and wonder where he lost his integrity in order to stoop for trump on a low brain expensive PR stunt at the tax payer's expense.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

MaverickM11

Mon Oct 09, 2017 3:07 pm

casinterest wrote:
This was all planned for hype, and it makes the VP look like a lying fool. It is meat for the rabid base, but they can be fed crap at this moment, and won't know the difference. Pence could have easily stayed and said he chose to honor the VAST majority in that stadium that did stand for the anthem.

I wonder if Pence will look back and wonder where he lost his integrity in order to stoop for trump on a low brain expensive PR stunt at the tax payer's expense.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: Poor dear is pussy grabber whipped...just dancing for his dotard boss. He was so offended he had to scuttle off to support the very fine people marching for white supremacy in Charlottesville :lol:
E pur si muove -Galileo

socalgeo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:33 pm

casinterest wrote:
scbriml wrote:
So, Mike Pence flew in AF2 from Nevada to Indianapolis to attend the 49ers vs Colts game in order to "walk out in protest" when players took the inevitable knee. He then flew back to California.

What a contrived, hollow 'gesture' in a ludicrous effort to make a point. How much did that cost the US taxpayer?

#TakeAKnee

One he left a game , where the other team knelt. The other team being the 49ers.

So you are ok with any form of protest except when a Republican is doing the protesting. Nice.

You ought to consider that if he had not left the headline would have been that he didn't leave and thus accepted the disrespect. The press would have been all over it. The headline would have been something like this: "Pence contradicts Trump by not leaving - new rift in the White House". Or something to that effect.

The players missed a huge opportunity to show respect for the office of Vice President, and thus gain some credibility for themselves and their cause.

Too bad they didn't take that opportunity.

LittleFokker

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:51 pm

socalgeo wrote:
casinterest wrote:
scbriml wrote:

#TakeAKnee

So you are ok with any form of protest except when a Republican is doing the protesting. Nice.

You ought to consider that if he had not left the headline would have been that he didn't leave and thus accepted the disrespect. The press would have been all over it. The headline would have been something like this: "Pence contradicts Trump by not leaving - new rift in the White House". Or something to that effect.

The players missed a huge opportunity to show respect for the office of Vice President, and thus gain some credibility for themselves and their cause.

First, the WH could have easily spun this visit as "Pence just wanting to go watch his favorite team honor it's best player in franchise history (Peyton Manning was having his number retired and a statue commememorated in front of the stadium that day)" and nothing more. But since he chose to leave the press corps in the vehicle outside and it was known all along that he was just going to show up and walk out during the National Anthem, that's not really a protest. That's just more a staged "Fuck You" moment and isn't worth the respect of anyone. This White House sure likes to ask for a lot of respect from people when they don't give any respect towards others nor do they do anything worth respecting.

SocialGeo, based on this and the other crap you post on here, bugger off you racist know-nothing.
"All human activities are doomed to failure." - Jean Paul Sartre

casinterest

Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:55 pm

socalgeo wrote:
casinterest wrote:
scbriml wrote:

#TakeAKnee

socalgeo wrote:

Where did I say that? Oh that's right I didn't. So quit making up stuff.

socalgeo wrote:

Did you even read above?
As stated above, he could have chosen to stay and respect those that stood, which were many more than took a knee. But he didn't take the high road. He lied about his intentions at the game, and would have had to leave anyway to go catch a plane.

socalgeo wrote:

And here you go stereotyping all the players as it suits your purpose . You ignore the fact that the VP disrespected the majority that did stand, by protesting the few that did.

If he was truly so outraged and surprised as he lets on in his tweets, then he must be one of the dumbest VP's we have ever had. The Colts were playing the 49ers where it was guaranteed that at least one player would take a knee.

apodino

Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:07 pm

socalgeo wrote:
casinterest wrote:
scbriml wrote:

#TakeAKnee

Listen...I don't agree with the Anthem protests either as I don't believe you protest and advocate for change by disrespecting the institution you are trying to change. (Whether it be intentional or unintentional) But if you believe this Pence walk out wasn't preplanned, I have oceanfront land in Arizona to sell you. I don't think anyone is dumb enough to believe this wasn't a political stunt, and given the nature of the Trump voter it will help him no doubt. But if you want to protest the NFL in what they are doing with these protests, just don't watch the game period. A lot of people have already done this as ratings are way down, attendance is down, and now the NFL has the highest unfavorability of any of the four major sports.

The sad thing is Pence is a guy in the administration I had a lot of respect for. The stunt yesterday has cost me a lot of that respect.

MaverickM11

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:10 pm

socalgeo wrote:

Jesus Christ the problem with republicans at this point is everything they do is so transparently stupid and contradictory it defies belief that anyone could be so dumb to believe their whining. They hate black people for protesting inequality, but then they send their lil neanderthal to a game on purpose to protest the protesters. Pence is *literally* a "paid protester"--paid by the tax payer no less. It's "not about race" but meanwhile back at the Charlottesville barn we have another nazi hoe down and that is a-o-k because those are "very fine people" and Trump's base. "It's about respecting the flag and those that fought for it" says the guy who wipes his ass with the Constitution, berates POWs, gold star families, and dodged the draft multiple times because of a hangnail. Oh by the way the NFL thought Trump was such a scheister--which is saying a lot by NFL standards--that they refused to do business with him. That probably has nothing to do with this kerfuffle...nah...Trump is way above petty, irrational vengeance lolz jk. Pick a lane for Christ' sake, or at least try harder to feign faux outrage without making it so obvious it was preplanned with cheeto dust fingerprints all over it.

apodino wrote:
A lot of people have already done this as ratings are way down, attendance is down, and now the NFL has the highest unfavorability of any of the four major sports.

1) it's not about unfavorability--civil rights have always had "high unfavorability" especially on the right. 2) NASCAR's ratings are down 50% in the last decade--who are we blaming for that? Black people also? :rotfl:
E pur si muove -Galileo

Mir

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:51 pm

socalgeo wrote:

He can protest all he wants on his own time, and on his own dime.

If he spends taxpayer money on flying from Las Vegas to LA via Indianapolis so that he can make a statement at a football game, that's a problem. Even if he actually intended to go to the entire game it's a tremendous waste of taxpayer money, and I would hope that he'd reimburse the country for what has to be a six-figure detour.

socalgeo wrote:

If Trump had kept his mouth shut about it (I know, I know, but indulge the fantasy here), I doubt anything would have been written about it. If asked, he could have watched the game, said "I came to show my support for Peyton Manning, and that's what I want this day to be about" and that would have been the end of it.

socalgeo wrote:

Not their job to show some respect for the office when the holder of that office can't even do it himself.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

socalgeo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:55 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
socalgeo wrote:
casinterest wrote:

First, the WH could have easily spun this visit as "Pence just wanting to go watch his favorite team honor it's best player in franchise history (Peyton Manning was having his number retired and a statue commememorated in front of the stadium that day)" and nothing more. But since he chose to leave the press corps in the vehicle outside and it was known all along that he was just going to show up and walk out during the National Anthem, that's not really a protest. That's just more a staged "Fuck You" moment and isn't worth the respect of anyone. This White House sure likes to ask for a lot of respect from people when they don't give any respect towards others nor do they do anything worth respecting.

SocialGeo, based on this and the other crap you post on here, bugger off you racist know-nothing.

Give me a break - what a ridiculous post. There is nothing remotely racist about anything I've posted. Or are you saying that being patriotic is now a racist activity?

OA412
Crew

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:14 pm

Mike Pence is a spineless moron. Again, this had nothing to do with the Presidency or the military. Trump inserted himself into the protests and attempted to make it something it never was. Lest we forget, the protests began under Obama. As Maverick noted, reports are out indicating Trump begged the NFL to be a team owner, but the NFL would have nothing to do with him because of what a scum bag he is. The NFL - an organization that spent years denying its players were suffering brain damage as a result of the game - believed Trump to be too slimy even for them. That says it all.

scbriml wrote:

#TakeAKnee

One number I've heard thrown out is $240,000.00. Lovely. Just lovely.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

Aesma

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:21 pm

I'm not following the argument of those defending Trump/Pence on this. Protesting the protesters is right, but the protesters shouldn't protest ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

apodino

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:53 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
socalgeo wrote:

Jesus Christ the problem with republicans at this point is everything they do is so transparently stupid and contradictory it defies belief that anyone could be so dumb to believe their whining. They hate black people for protesting inequality, but then they send their lil neanderthal to a game on purpose to protest the protesters. Pence is *literally* a "paid protester"--paid by the tax payer no less. It's "not about race" but meanwhile back at the Charlottesville barn we have another nazi hoe down and that is a-o-k because those are "very fine people" and Trump's base. "It's about respecting the flag and those that fought for it" says the guy who wipes his ass with the Constitution, berates POWs, gold star families, and dodged the draft multiple times because of a hangnail. Oh by the way the NFL thought Trump was such a scheister--which is saying a lot by NFL standards--that they refused to do business with him. That probably has nothing to do with this kerfuffle...nah...Trump is way above petty, irrational vengeance lolz jk. Pick a lane for Christ' sake, or at least try harder to feign faux outrage without making it so obvious it was preplanned with cheeto dust fingerprints all over it.

apodino wrote:
A lot of people have already done this as ratings are way down, attendance is down, and now the NFL has the highest unfavorability of any of the four major sports.

1) it's not about unfavorability--civil rights have always had "high unfavorability" especially on the right. 2) NASCAR's ratings are down 50% in the last decade--who are we blaming for that? Black people also? :rotfl:

Where in my post did I blame black people for anything? You are trying to make my post out to be something it wasn't. I merely stated that partly because of what has happened in NFL stadiums, people are not tuning in or going to games as much. That has a monetary effect on the NFL, and it hits the owners in the pockets the most. If it starts hitting owners, then it has a trickle down effect to the players. NASCAR is irrelevant to the discussion, although you can argue that bad leadership at the top of both organizations has hurt it big time.

As for Civil Rights, the civil rights act passed with broad bipartisan support, and if you did a poll...you would not find high unfavorability at all.

This thread embodies what's wrong in this country. Nobody wants to listen to anyone, they just want to be the loudest voice in the room and prove every post they don't agree with wrong. This is true in congress, its true on this forum, and its true among the media elite. And this started with Bush and the way that idiot Dick Cheney ran things. The last president we had who truly listened was Clinton.

socalgeo

Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:54 pm

OA412 wrote:
Mike Pence is a spineless moron. Again, this had nothing to do with the Presidency or the military. Trump inserted himself into the protests and attempted to make it something it never was. Lest we forget, the protests began under Obama. As Maverick noted, reports are out indicating Trump begged the NFL to be a team owner, but the NFL would have nothing to do with him because of what a scum bag he is. The NFL - an organization that spent years denying its players were suffering brain damage as a result of the game - believed Trump to be too slimy even for them. That says it all.

scbriml wrote:

#TakeAKnee

No, he would have been spineless if he had stayed and accepted it. Again, what do you think the headlines would have been if he had stayed?

As far as the cost is concerned, is there a law that was broken? Or are you just throwing out red herrings?

apodino

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:00 pm

socalgeo wrote:
OA412 wrote:

scbriml wrote:

#TakeAKnee

No, he would have been spineless if he had stayed and accepted it. Again, what do you think the headlines would have been if he had stayed?

As far as the cost is concerned, is there a law that was broken? Or are you just throwing out red herrings?

I don't give a damn what the cost was, with a 19 trillion dollar national debt and deficits as far as the eye can see, to waste taxpayer money on this political stunt disgusts me as a taxpayer. Conservatives cannot sit here and claim to be budget hawks and want to reduce the deficit and waste money like this. It may not be illegal, but unethical.

330west

Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:02 pm

socalgeo wrote:
OA412 wrote:

scbriml wrote:

#TakeAKnee

There wouldn't have been any. "Pussy-whipped white trash attends football game in Indiana" wouldn't exactly constitute breaking news to anyone.
Always fly first class, otherwise your heirs will.

MaverickM11

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:18 am

apodino wrote:
Where in my post did I blame black people for anything? You are trying to make my post out to be something it wasn't. I merely stated that partly because of what has happened in NFL stadiums, people are not tuning in or going to games as much. That has a monetary effect on the NFL, and it hits the owners in the pockets the most. If it starts hitting owners, then it has a trickle down effect to the players. NASCAR is irrelevant to the discussion, although you can argue that bad leadership at the top of both organizations has hurt it big time.

As for Civil Rights, the civil rights act passed with broad bipartisan support, and if you did a poll...you would not find high unfavorability at all.

This thread embodies what's wrong in this country. Nobody wants to listen to anyone, they just want to be the loudest voice in the room and prove every post they don't agree with wrong. This is true in congress, its true on this forum, and its true among the media elite. And this started with Bush and the way that idiot Dick Cheney ran things. The last president we had who truly listened was Clinton.

I'm not blaming you for anything; that is the general gist of the argument from Trump's misinformed--to be outrageously polite--side. Regarding NFL ratings I'd argue the whole point is to do economic damage--it's the essence of most boycotts. The Civil Rights *Act* might have had broad partisan support, but the protests that accompanied it were largely unpopular, not unlike the ones we're seeing today. The reality is, if you have all the power, you don't like anyone questioning it, whether it's Martin Luther King Jr, Colin Kaepernick, or Martin Luther--of the theses fame--otherwise it wouldn't be a protest. I'd disagree that "nobody wants to listen to anyone". The conversation has gone from pro vs con, to pro vs con + insanity. If someone thinks there is no reason to protest racial inequality, I can argue with that while still tolerating that viewpoint. However for a sitting president--especially one so backwards and illiterate as DJT--to go after people expressing their first amendment right, is so transparently beyond the pail that anyone that thinks that is ok has absolutely zero regard for this country's principles beyond 'get mine and screw everyone else'. And that's just the tip of the iceberg of totally unacceptable behavior...

socalgeo wrote:
Give me a break - what a ridiculous post. There is nothing remotely racist about anything I've posted. Or are you saying that being patriotic is now a racist activity?

When you want black people to dance for your tiny lil clapping orange hands, but say nothing about white supremacists and nazis marching--let alone call them "very fine people"--that's the text book definition of racism. When you throw in those good ole' boys of NASCAR as good examples of how people should behave--whose ratings make the NFL's decline look like an immaterial blip--you guessed it! Really 'effin racist.
E pur si muove -Galileo

einsteinboricua

Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:27 am

apodino wrote:
I don't give a damn what the cost was, with a 19 trillion dollar national debt and deficits as far as the eye can see, to waste taxpayer money on this political stunt disgusts me as a taxpayer. Conservatives cannot sit here and claim to be budget hawks and want to reduce the deficit and waste money like this. It may not be illegal, but unethical.

Ah, but didn't you hear? Reducing the deficit is a great talking point when a Democrat is in power; it's different when Republicans are in power. So says Mark Walker from NC.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."

Mir

Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:03 am

socalgeo wrote:

"Mike Pence Goes to Football Game, Spends A Lot Of Taxpayer Money Doing It".

The anthem stuff would not have come up, because not walking out of a football game if some players kneel during the national anthem is the normal, expected reaction. Normal, expected reactions generally don't make headlines.

socalgeo wrote:

No, it's not illegal. Leadership is doing the right thing even when you could do the wrong thing and get away with it. We are in dire need of some leadership in this country as opposed to people who think it's okay to spend taxpayer money on unnecessary joyrides and PR stunts.

Don't ever try to call yourself a fiscal conservative again if you're defending what Pence did.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day

casinterest

Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:47 pm

In a stunning display of his IQ acuity prior to his upcoming battle with Secretary of State Tillerson, President Trump has announced via twitter that he wants the NFL's Tax exempt Status revoked.

To make it perfectly clear for those that do not understand. The NFL does not have a Tax Exempt status. Only the league office had one, and it gave it up in 2015.

Trump once again tweets his ignorance.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/10 ... today.html

From the Fox news article.

"Here’s a look at the NFL’s current tax status.

Is the NFL tax exempt?
While churches, charities and other nonprofit organizations are usually exempt from certain taxes, the NFL central office is not. It was exempt until 2015, when it voluntarily changed its status.

What about the teams?
While the league office, which handles the administrative side of the game, was exempt until 2015, the NFL teams have always been subjected to taxes. :"

wingman

Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:24 pm

Hilarious and sad..so sad. Fox doesn't even bother to point out to its readers that Trump was 100% incorrect "pants on fire" lying with his tweets. But it doesn't matter because his core base reading and commenting on the story after the article's conclusion simply parrots the original tweet and screams for the tax breaks (which don't exist!) to be be cut. Hillary was too kind calling this group "deplorable". To me being deplorable means you have to do something awful with malice of forethought, but this base is more like a group of vegetative inbreds with just enough motor skills to press a voting button. Even with Mexicans gone and natural gas outlawed in favor of coal mining and mountain-top removal, these people just seem too dumb to get past any kind of employment screening.

They remind me of the pro-statue guy in John Oliver's bit on the Confederacy this weekend. The black guy asks him who worked his family's land and he replies "We did! You know how much money slaves cost back then?!" You can't invent this level of stupidity up. It's like science fiction.

casinterest

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 am

wingman wrote:
Hilarious and sad..so sad. Fox doesn't even bother to point out to its readers that Trump was 100% incorrect "pants on fire" lying with his tweets. But it doesn't matter because his core base reading and commenting on the story after the article's conclusion simply parrots the original tweet and screams for the tax breaks (which don't exist!) to be be cut. Hillary was too kind calling this group "deplorable". To me being deplorable means you have to do something awful with malice of forethought, but this base is more like a group of vegetative inbreds with just enough motor skills to press a voting button. Even with Mexicans gone and natural gas outlawed in favor of coal mining and mountain-top removal, these people just seem too dumb to get past any kind of employment screening.

They remind me of the pro-statue guy in John Oliver's bit on the Confederacy this weekend. The black guy asks him who worked his family's land and he replies "We did! You know how much money slaves cost back then?!" You can't invent this level of stupidity up. It's like science fiction.

Most of Trump's supporters can't make it past the Russian supplied Twitter/Meme/Headline limit. Thus there are still articles this evening circulating about Trump crushing the "tax break"

seahawk

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:49 am

It is not about facts, it is about controlling emotions. Trump does it perfectly.

casinterest

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:49 pm

seahawk wrote:
It is not about facts, it is about controlling emotions. Trump does it perfectly.

Trump does not do either perfectly. he is like a person driving the wrong way on an interstate with a BAC of .25.

seahawk

Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:57 pm

casinterest wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Trump does not do either perfectly. he is like a person driving the wrong way on an interstate with a BAC of .25.

I think his supporters are happy.

casinterest

Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:01 pm

seahawk wrote:
casinterest wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Most of his supporters don't work in Government and don't understand how much worse he is making everything around them.

Trump commands zero respect from anyone that works in Government since he lays all the blame on people and takes all their credit. He is an emperor with no clothes, and no leadership.

tommy1808

Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:34 pm

seahawk wrote:

The supporters he has are, that is just a shrinking number of them.

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

seahawk

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:53 pm

So far the election trend does not show this. And to be honest I heard enough supporters praising Trump for closing the tax break of the NFL (which they already had returned) and finally having a tax plan that will make them and the teams pay ... much less than the teams do now, but who cares about facts?

casinterest

Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:54 pm

seahawk wrote:
So far the election trend does not show this. And to be honest I heard enough supporters praising Trump for closing the tax break of the NFL (which they already had returned) and finally having a tax plan that will make them and the teams pay ... much less than the teams do now, but who cares about facts?

Put down the bottle of bourbon for awhile. You might not find the facts present in any of your statements.

seahawk

Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:23 am

Want me to quote some users from motorsports forums that I visit?

tommy1808

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:39 am

seahawk wrote:
So far the election trend does not show this. And to be honest I heard enough supporters praising Trump for closing the tax break of the NFL (which they already had returned)

The NFL as a whole even never was tax exempt. .....

seahawk wrote:
Want me to quote some users from motorsports forums that I visit?

I do hope you gave them the facts...

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

casinterest

Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:02 pm

I thought Trump went to a military school?

He stayed sitting during "Retreat"

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-re ... ia-2017-10

tommy1808

Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:31 pm

Could it be that Trump doesn't care at all about kneeling or not during the anthem, but just wants to get back at the NFL teams for stopping to stay in his hotels and giving him free promotion?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 9cbb3ad1aa

Best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11

Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:13 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Could it be that Trump doesn't care at all about kneeling or not during the anthem, but just wants to get back at the NFL teams for stopping to stay in his hotels and giving him free promotion?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 9cbb3ad1aa

Best regards
Thomas

Of course. Trump only knows two things: attention and revenge. This gets him both, with an added bonus of telling black people to git'up for him.
E pur si muove -Galileo

seb146

Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:13 am

"Taking A Knee" and choosing to salute the flag was decided in 1943 by the Supreme Court in West Virginia Board Of Education v. Barnette

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Virg ... ._Barnette

And if you think peaceful protests are wrong maybe you need to think about what kind of protests are right. All lives matter, after all, right?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter