Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

einsteinboricua

Re: Legal means of changing birth date from 1989 to 1987

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:16 am

1989worstyear wrote:
Everyone - please let me try to elaborate (I don't know how gay dating apps and marrying pillows came up, but I digress). I'm just tired of being associated with a year that I find to mark the beginning of the end of western society, and also technological innovation (hence my constant harping on why it took almost 27 years for the A320-200 to see a significant update).

Looking back, it seems all of the problems we're facing today either became mainstream (this worship of violent "gangsta" hip hop culture by the past couple generations) or began (modern terrorism with Lockerbie) that year.

I honestly think changing my birth date wouldn't change much of me, but I just thought I'd ask.

TWA772LR

Mon Sep 18, 2017 2:43 am

2Holer4Longhaul wrote:
TWA772LR wrote:
1989worstyear wrote:
Everyone - please let me try to elaborate (I don't know how gay dating apps and marrying pillows came up, but I digress). I'm just tired of being associated with a year that I find to mark the beginning of the end of western society, and also technological innovation (hence my constant harping on why it took almost 27 years for the A320-200 to see a significant update).

Looking back, it seems all of the problems we're facing today either became mainstream (this worship of violent "gangsta" hip hop culture by the past couple generations) or began (modern terrorism with Lockerbie) that year.

I honestly think changing my birth date wouldn't change much of me, but I just thought I'd ask.

Screw the A320, the 747-400 entered service in 1989, which also saw the fall of the Berlin Wall.

1989, if anything, was the beginning of the current millenium. The Cold War was ending and modern air travel and technology were starting to become what they are today. The events in 1989 helped make a united Germany the global player it is today, made the world a lot richer in the sense that more countries started embracing open market capitalism; and even safer because (not to get political) the relationship between Bush and Gorbachev signified a clean ending to the Cold War, which the Western world won.

Having just found out what Dignitas is through this thread, I highly suggest you seek professional help my friend. That path is the permanent answer to a temporary situation. It's not worth it.

I don't think Dignitas would accept "Being Born in 1989" as any more of a Terminal Condition than "Eating an Apple a Day" or "Being over 6ft tall".

I don't know anything about the practice, but the fact that the OP is considering the route means he needs to seek help.

Georgetown

Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:56 am

Actually, mods, we should lock this one up. OP. Please please please reach out to professionals that cab help you.

coolian2

Mon Sep 18, 2017 5:27 am

What's wrong with being +6ft tall?

jetwet1

Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:57 am

1989worstyear wrote:

Slow your roll there buddy, as someone who is much older than you, let me let you into a little secret, bad crap happens every year, as long as there is a human breathing on this planet bad stuff will happen to it or be done by it, it's just a fact of life, has been for a few thousand years.

1989 was then end of technical innovation huh....I hate to tell you this, but back in 1989 there wasn't even this little thing you are using to reach this website, every September a few people would gain access to the net through their college, after a couple of months they would be on first name basis with every user on the net....

Georgetown wrote:
I really do think you should consider speaking with a professional who can help get at what the underlying issue may be (which seems to have somehow manifested itself as a singular obsession with 1989).

Just as a reality check, terrorism has been going on far before 1989, but if your looking for modern examples bigger than Lockerbie but occurred before hand, look at Air India 182 in 1985 or even the Cinema Rex fire in 1978. As for the A320 thing... I'm not even sure what to say.

Either way, I hope you can get some help dealing with this.

Exactly

Dutchy

Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:10 am

coolian2 wrote:
What's wrong with being +6ft tall?

not being able to fit in an old Ferrari and knee hurting thingy in economy-class, to name a few drawbacks. :lol:

I am 1,90m so not sure if I fall in this category.

qf789

Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:36 am

This thread will be locked. I don't think it is appropriate to continue this thread. To the thread starter, the question you have asked is not really appropriate asking on a forum such as airliners.net, you should be consulting a medical professional and maybe even a lawyer