Airstud
Topic Author

iPhone, the doddering piece of [profanity]

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:22 am

On Facebook I just posted a comment that contained the phrase "the city is also evacuating its first responders."

The vile iPhone deemed it necessary to change "also evacuating" to "some evacuated."

A) I didn't even make a single mistake when typing the words "also evacuating;" what prompted the damn phone to do any correcting at all?

2) This goes without asking, but how is "the city is some evacuated" more likely to occur in language than what I actually wrote? It's been alleged that auto correct can infer from context and syntax.

The on LittleFokker's post about teaching his kid Spanish, when I typed "everybody learns" and HAPPENED TO NOT MAKE A SINGLE MISTAKE TYPING "learns," it went and changed it to "Kieran."

I guess Apple has data proving that the proper name "Kieran" is more likely to occur after a subjective pronoun than is... a verb.

Also just now when I CORRECTLY typed "learns" two paragraphs above, it changed it to "kale arms."

Why in the hell did I ever leave Android??? :banghead:
Pancakes are delicious.

mmo

Re: iPhone, the doddering piece of [profanity]

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:48 am

Easy fix. Just turn off predictive text! Not brain surgery!
If we weren't all crazy we'd all go insane!

coolian2

Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:59 am

Proof reading is a lot art.

(That said the autocorrect in Safari on my MacBook drives me crazy, I barely get a choice and have to fight to get the word I want sometimes).
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/CRJ-700/-900

Aesma

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:57 am

At work we use a ticketing tool that defaults to English even though we mostly write in French (users being French speakers). The worst part is that you can uncorrect what it does, and it will "correct" it again and again and again, it's maddening !
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

787Driver

Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 am

Airstud wrote:

Strongly considering an Android phone as well. Getting a bit tired of Apple's approach to locking their users into their ecosystem. And the hardware seems way overpriced. You pay big dollar for the OS itself which isn't that much better than the competition anymore. No OLED, no wireless charging, small battery, etc. I understand that iPhone runs better on less hardware than android but OLED should be the defacto display standard on smartphones already. And no I'm not going to pay USD1500 for the new iPhone just to get that hardware. You can now get a Galaxy S8 for around 400 bucks.

maortega15

Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:37 am

Apple likes doing things on their own. They like having their own proprietary ports, own software, etc.

I guess people buy Apple just for the name.

RyanairGuru

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:18 am

coolian2 wrote:
Proof reading is a lot art

Evidently.
Worked Hard, Flew Right

coolian2

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:35 am

RyanairGuru wrote:
coolian2 wrote:
Proof reading is a lot art

Evidently.

I know a lot of people say art is subjective, but there is always a case for something simply being good art done poorly.... :boxedin:

TheFlyingDisk

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:16 pm

mmo wrote:

BINGO!

787Driver wrote:
Strongly considering an Android phone as well. Getting a bit tired of Apple's approach to locking their users into their ecosystem. And the hardware seems way overpriced. You pay big dollar for the OS itself which isn't that much better than the competition anymore. No OLED, no wireless charging, small battery, etc. I understand that iPhone runs better on less hardware than android but OLED should be the defacto display standard on smartphones already. And no I'm not going to pay USD1500 for the new iPhone just to get that hardware. You can now get a Galaxy S8 for around 400 bucks.

Having used iPhones for the last 6 years I converted to Android (the Galaxy S8) earlier this year. All I can say is MEH...
I FLY KLM+ALASKA+QATAR+MALAYSIA+AIRASIA+MALINDO

787Driver

Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:42 pm

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
mmo wrote:

BINGO!

787Driver wrote:

Having used iPhones for the last 6 years I converted to Android (the Galaxy S8) earlier this year. All I can say is MEH...

Can you elaborate?

vikkyvik

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:25 pm

I don't know why people ever use Predictive Text, or Autocorrect, or whatever. Seems to just make everything less sensible, when two more seconds of attention would do a much better job.

Don't know how many texts I've gotten from my wife that made no sense due to that.
I'm watching Jeopardy. The category is worst Madonna songs. "This one from 1987 is terrible".

Calder

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:37 pm

As somewhat of a tech enthusiast, I've always preferred Android phones.

That said, I have a simple criteria for friends and family who ask me what kind of smartphone they should buy.

If they want it to play nice with all their other devices (existing Apple "ecosystem"), work with minimal user input, and don't care to optimize or truly customize their user experience, then I recommend an Apple phone.

If they want to "tinker", and don't mind maintaining their device, I suggest an Android based phone.

I love my Galaxy Note 4. Someone in the development community managed to unlock the bootloader a few years back, and the ability to load new kernels and versions of Android has allowed me to avoid paying the insane amount of money to buy a newer phone.

As for the predictive keyboards, I have no experience with Apples version, but Swiftkey Neural has been my go to for a couple of years now.
C. T.

Moose135

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:33 pm

Airstud wrote:
On Facebook I just posted a comment that contained the phrase "the city is also evacuating its first responders."

The vile iPhone deemed it necessary to change "also evacuating" to "some evacuated."

A poor craftsman blames his tools...
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!

wingman

Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:34 pm

My wife's texts don't make any sense even when they're spelled correctly. Funny that.

So based on the OPost Android doesn't offer spellcheck or predictive text? Seems a bit behind Apple if so. Anyway, one of the happiest of Apple customers here typing away on my 4 year old 5S at blazing speed and loving just having the thing work without hiring an MIT consultant to arrange it to my tastes. The beautiful thing here is that there's an option for both programmers and non programmers alike.

PS to the first responder: my niece might say Oh Snap!

Thunderboltdrgn

Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:06 pm

wingman wrote:
My wife's texts don't make any sense even when they're spelled correctly. Funny that.

So based on the OPost Android doesn't offer spellcheck or predictive text? .

It does offer both predictable text and autocorrect but you can turn off both and also turn off autocorrect but keep predictable text.
You can also select for which language(s) you want those futures.

Personally I don't use stock keyboard but have downloaded a free app called Swiftkey.
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Aesma

Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:32 pm

Predictive text existed before the smartphone. I didn't use it back then, because phones had real buttons. With a smartphone and my fat fingers, it's become needed. It's still maddening when the phone replaces a surname by a random word.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

coolian2

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Calder wrote:
If they want it to play nice with all their other devices (existing Apple "ecosystem"), work with minimal user input, and don't care to optimize or truly customize their user experience, then I recommend an Apple phone.

Android phone/tablet, MacBook laptop here. All three live together happily with me barely thinking about it.

That said, my tablet was mainly for taking to class until I replaced my old laptop with a MacBook Air. The MacBook comes to class along with my tablet since both of those weigh less and are less cumbersome than my old, slow, huge, heavy Acer laptop.

TheFlyingDisk

Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:56 pm

787Driver wrote:
Can you elaborate?

I'm not a power user so when compared to the iPhone 6 that I previously used, the Galaxy S8 doesn't really stand out. The only advantage of the S8 over iPhone that I feel is relevant to me is the expandable memory.

In terms of battery life, camera quality etc - I feel the improvements are minuscule that you'll barely notice it.

bgm

Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:07 am

Airstud wrote:

A) I didn't even make a single mistake when typing the words "also evacuating;" what prompted the damn phone to do any correcting at all?

2) This goes without asking, but how is "the city is some evacuated" more likely to occur in language than what I actually wrote? It's been alleged that auto correct can infer from context and syntax.

The on LittleFokker's post about teaching his kid Spanish, when I typed "everybody learns" and HAPPENED TO NOT MAKE A SINGLE MISTAKE TYPING "learns," it went and changed it to "Kieran."

I guess Apple has data proving that the proper name "Kieran" is more likely to occur after a subjective pronoun than is... a verb.

Also just now when I CORRECTLY typed "learns" two paragraphs above, it changed it to "kale arms."

Perhaps the strong odors from all your egg salads are affecting it? :duck:
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin

787Driver

Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:23 am

TheFlyingDisk wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Can you elaborate?

I'm not a power user so when compared to the iPhone 6 that I previously used, the Galaxy S8 doesn't really stand out. The only advantage of the S8 over iPhone that I feel is relevant to me is the expandable memory.

In terms of battery life, camera quality etc - I feel the improvements are minuscule that you'll barely notice it.

Interesting. I'm tempted to try the sgs8 but I wish I could try it for a few days before buying it

TheFlyingDisk

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:11 am

787Driver wrote:
TheFlyingDisk wrote:
787Driver wrote:
Can you elaborate?

Interesting. I'm tempted to try the sgs8 but I wish I could try it for a few days before buying it

It's not a bad phone actually but if you already have a one/two year old phone that's good then no point upgrading.

The only reason I bought it was to try out Android.

Airstud
Topic Author

Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:07 pm

bgm wrote:
Airstud wrote:

Perhaps the strong odors from all your egg salads are affecting it? :duck:

bgm is obsessed with my butt
Pancakes are delicious.

treetreeseven

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:18 am

I will echo others here in recommending Swiftkey if you're on Android. I've been using it almost since it came out and unlike most software, it's mostly just gotten better.

Give it a few days if you enter a lot of text on the phone, or a bit more time if you're not a heavy user. Swiftkey is second to none when it comes to learning both your particular typo patterns and the words you use (including names). Most people I convince to try it and give it a few days become solid converts.

Siren

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:38 am

I was using an iPhone from the first release of the iPhone 4 (the first one that was available on Verizon's network) - the first smartphone that enabled me to ditch my Blackberry. Gods, what a long time ago that was. I stuck to my guns with the iPhone through the 6S, and decided not to upgrade to the 7 due to the lack of the headphone jack - a crucially important component - necessary for connecting to my car. Yes, there was a dongle available - but that's not really an option for me. Also, the quality of Apple's voice to text speech recognition went down considerably over time... anyway, the confluence of factors led to me picking up a Galaxy S8 Plus about 4 months ago. I must report that I'm very happy with this move....Very happy indeed. I resisted the change for years, and had the strangest logic to justify it - such as not wanting "such a large phone"... anyway, call me converted to the phablet phenomenon...

To the OP: My heart goes out to you. There's a good chance you can trade it for a good Galaxy S8 or something equivalent on your local Craigslist. There's always people looking to make trades along those lines... you never know. If you really want out of the iPhone, you can get out.
Siren: 32 year old single white female based @ KLAX. Aviation nerd, political wonk, disability rights activist, German car enthusiast, Californian Independence leader & evangelist

agill

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:12 am

treetreeseven wrote:
I will echo others here in recommending Swiftkey if you're on Android. I've been using it almost since it came out and unlike most software, it's mostly just gotten better.

Have been using the IOS version and that works really well too. Very good piece of software.

787Driver

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:19 am

Siren wrote:
I was using an iPhone from the first release of the iPhone 4 (the first one that was available on Verizon's network) - the first smartphone that enabled me to ditch my Blackberry. Gods, what a long time ago that was. I stuck to my guns with the iPhone through the 6S, and decided not to upgrade to the 7 due to the lack of the headphone jack - a crucially important component - necessary for connecting to my car. Yes, there was a dongle available - but that's not really an option for me. Also, the quality of Apple's voice to text speech recognition went down considerably over time... anyway, the confluence of factors led to me picking up a Galaxy S8 Plus about 4 months ago. I must report that I'm very happy with this move....Very happy indeed. I resisted the change for years, and had the strangest logic to justify it - such as not wanting "such a large phone"... anyway, call me converted to the phablet phenomenon...

To the OP: My heart goes out to you. There's a good chance you can trade it for a good Galaxy S8 or something equivalent on your local Craigslist. There's always people looking to make trades along those lines... you never know. If you really want out of the iPhone, you can get out.

Why is using the dongle "not an option" for you? It's even included in the box and is quite small. I must admit that I never use the headphone jack anyway, so I don't care.

Siren

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:29 am

787Driver wrote:

Why is using the dongle "not an option" for you? It's even included in the box and is quite small. I must admit that I never use the headphone jack anyway, so I don't care.

Need to be able to charge and use the jack at the same time.
Siren: 32 year old single white female based @ KLAX. Aviation nerd, political wonk, disability rights activist, German car enthusiast, Californian Independence leader & evangelist

787Driver

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:35 am

Siren wrote:
787Driver wrote:

There's a dongle for that too :)

http://mashable.com/2017/02/11/iphone-7 ... vDKbaTV8qa

JJJ

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:17 pm

Thunderboltdrgn wrote:
wingman wrote:

So based on the OPost Android doesn't offer spellcheck or predictive text? .

It does offer both predictable text and autocorrect but you can turn off both and also turn off autocorrect but keep predictable text.
You can also select for which language(s) you want those futures.

Personally I don't use stock keyboard but have downloaded a free app called Swiftkey.

I have a major quip with the latest Android versions (forgot exactly which ones).

Before you could switch easily which language to use for swipe/correct/prediction just swiping the space bar. Now it bunches all languages into a single position which means almost 50% of the time it gets the language wrong. It doesn't help that I have 4 languages installed (plus Russian, but since that's another alphabet it's still separate).

I'd love to get back to the old situation where I'd just press the space bar and choose the language manually.

Thunderboltdrgn

Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:21 pm

I only have 6.01 on my phone so I don't know how newer version work but that sounds like a PITA.
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente

Siren

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:35 pm

787Driver wrote:

http://mashable.com/2017/02/11/iphone-7 ... vDKbaTV8qa[/quote]

Point is, though, with the Android device, I don't have to rely on a dongle - I have that capability built in to the device. That's the crux of why I ditched the iPhone... and I'm happy I did it.

casinterest

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:52 pm

Siren wrote:
787Driver wrote:

http://mashable.com/2017/02/11/iphone-7 ... vDKbaTV8qa

Point is, though, with the Android device, I don't have to rely on a dongle - I have that capability built in to the device. That's the crux of why I ditched the iPhone... and I'm happy I did it.[/quote]

Apple usually leads instead of follows, and one thing I have noticed lately, is that most people have switched to Bluetooth which doesn't require a dongle, and can charge separately. .

Either way, the 7 works for me.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.

bhill

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:20 pm

If only ANY android device would ship with out all the godawful BLOATWARE!!! Why can the manufacturers just ship a phone/tablet with an empty desktop without having to root the damn thing???
Carpe Pices

787Driver

Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:18 pm

Siren wrote:
Point is, though, with the Android device, I don't have to rely on a dongle - I have that capability built in to the device. That's the crux of why I ditched the iPhone... and I'm happy I did it.

In the end it's a matter of priorities. I still find Android very inconsistent, full of bloatware, and the app store lacks the quality of that of iOS. You also get software updates months after they were released by google because they have to be implemented by the phone manufacturers as well. Even though iPhone has been behind Samsung on hardware for a number of years, their software more than makes up for that and now with the iPhone X, the phone has everything I want out of a phone except for a much longer battery life which no smartphone currently has.

Even though I can get frustrated by the locked down software of iOS and the apple ecosystem sometimes, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. The Apple ecosystem is way ahead of Google/Android. Especially because of the iPad, where android has been unable to sell tablets that can rival the iPad. Same goes for computers. Googles Pixel laptops are still not a match for OS X PCs in my opinion.

coolian2

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:09 pm

People say bloatware is an Android issue, I say

I've used an iPad and a Galaxy tablet, and there's a reason I'm still using the Android option.

787Driver

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:16 pm

coolian2 wrote:
People say bloatware is an Android issue, I say

I've used an iPad and a Galaxy tablet, and there's a reason I'm still using the Android option.

Doesn't really matter if you can find individuals who use android tablets. It doesn't change the fact that android tablets were never nowhere near as popular as iPads. That's also reflected on the difference in quality of the two app stores.

Ken777

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:42 pm

Look at the "smart phones' before the iPhone was originally announced and you can get an idea of how much of an impact that Apple has had on the mobile phone market. Just like computers (remember the old C prompt?

The new Apple Watch is also moving along very well on health issues with major research partners like Stanford.

Personally I''ll stick with products that are developed within one company for both hardware and software. Between this unity of design and the financial strength to make products that they personally lust for. If they lust for it we probably will also.

JJJ

Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:49 pm

787Driver wrote:

Even though I can get frustrated by the locked down software of iOS and the apple ecosystem sometimes, the benefits outweigh the drawbacks. The Apple ecosystem is way ahead of Google/Android. Especially because of the iPad, where android has been unable to sell tablets that can rival the iPad. Same goes for computers. Googles Pixel laptops are still not a match for OS X PCs in my opinion.

I was an iPad user, then I got a Surface.

Not going back to an oversized phone OS when you can get a real computer that works like a tablet, too.

Siren

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm

JJJ, Yup! I'm running on a Surface Pro, with Cortana... which had amazingly good Android integration - I can send SMS from the built-in Windows interface, it's a beautiful operating system. I hate being proven wrong - I was the biggest Mac user and Klaus' biggest supporter for many years as many of you old timers on here will recall. Well, not completely. I was during my Apple phases... My usual pattern of usage is that every 3 years or so I'd get pissed off, be it at Apple or Microsoft, and make a switch on my desktop OS.... and I'm in a state right now where my switch to Windows was forced by an unfortunate accident my MacBook Pro had with a bottle of beer about a month ago... suffice it to say, the Microsoft Surface replacement has me singing its praises, especially as the Cortana integration works very very well with the Galaxy S8+... incoming SMS notification on the Surface, ability to reply in real time... and no limitations like iMessage. I can reply to everyone, Android or Apple user alike...

maortega15

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:21 pm

JJJ wrote:
787Driver wrote:

Not going back to an oversized phone OS when you can get a real computer that works like a tablet, too.

It'd be much more seamless if MacOS is across all devices. Same OS for the iPhone, iPad and Mac.

787Driver

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:25 pm

maortega15 wrote:
JJJ wrote:
787Driver wrote:

It'd be much more seamless if MacOS is across all devices. Same OS for the iPhone, iPad and Mac.

True. I'm sure it will happen eventually. It looks like iOS and OS X are becoming more and more similar with each update.

787Driver

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:27 pm

JJJ wrote:
787Driver wrote:

It really depends on your needs. I can easily see the benefits of the Surface Pro, which is first and foremost a laptop which can work as a tablet. The opposite is true of the iPad.

I would choose the Surface for work oriented stuff and the iPad for leisure, such as causal gaming, web browsing, etc.

scbriml

Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:56 pm

Just get a new iPhone X for a paltry $1,000!

:shock:

:crazy:

:faint:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

Tugger

Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:12 pm

scbriml wrote:

:shock:

:crazy:

:faint:

So is that "X" as in "ex" or "ten"?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

JJJ

Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:34 pm

787Driver wrote:

It really depends on your needs. I can easily see the benefits of the Surface Pro, which is first and foremost a laptop which can work as a tablet. The opposite is true of the iPad.

I would choose the Surface for work oriented stuff and the iPad for leisure, such as causal gaming, web browsing, etc.

I see your point but why would you? A surface does everything an iPad can do and then some (web browsing is probably faster, too and you can play angry birds in the same machine as most of your steam library). The only real compromise is battery life.

With bigger, more potent phones and computer-OS tactile devices the market for phone OS tablets is really squeezed right now. I'm certainly not coming back.

dtw2hyd

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:49 am

Auto correct can do miracles, so first order business is to turn it off.

I am more worried about the flood of daily app updates, without any details. I hope it settles down with iOS 11.

Apple Watch Cellular has potential. Great product for kids and anyone who doesn't want to carry a bulky phone all the time. Hope its SAR ratings are good.

treetreeseven

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:49 am

casinterest wrote:
Apple usually leads instead of follows, and one thing I have noticed lately, is that most people have switched to Bluetooth which doesn't require a dongle, and can charge separately.

Bluetooth audio quality is absolute garbage compared to even a 128Kbps MP3 made by a decent encoder. There is severe distortion audible even on cheap speakers. The move from the original SBC codec to aptX appears to perceptually improve things a bit, but it's still crap. The newer Bluetooth audio profiles have provisions for supporting MP3 and AAC, but nobody uses it. aptX is about as good as you'll get. http://www.sereneaudio.com/blog/how-good-is-bluetooth-audio-at-its-best

bhill wrote:
If only ANY android device would ship with out all the godawful BLOATWARE!!! Why can the manufacturers just ship a phone/tablet with an empty desktop without having to root the damn thing???

Get a Pixel device straight from Google. There are a couple other manufacturers that keep the crapware to a minimum. I don't remember them off the top of my head, because my strategy is a bit different: find a device with good LineageOS (formerly Cyanogenmod) support, immediately wipe the stock ROM and install Lineage on it. This is obviously not something many users will want to do, but it can work for the techies among us and it comes with NO bloatware - in fact, you aren't even obligated to install the Google apps at all. But yes, the fact that this is even a thing is pretty aggravating.

I should note, I say that as somebody who used Macs (and Hackintoshes) for years, before eventually giving up and returning to Linux. I really liked OS X but it was too much of a pain to maintain on PC hardware and I'm not willing (or now, able) to shell out $$$$$$$$$$$$ for Apple hardware which retails at far more than PC hardware of equivalent quality.

787Driver wrote:
Doesn't really matter if you can find individuals who use android tablets. It doesn't change the fact that android tablets were never nowhere near as popular as iPads. That's also reflected on the difference in quality of the two app stores.

Huh? As of 1Q2017, Apple had 29.7% of the total tablet market. That's an amazing share for a single manufacturer, but Android topped Apple in sales volume in 2013 and never looked back. Just like flying economy class, the market is highly price sensitive even if the product is worse.

scbriml wrote:

lol. There was already an article out about how the "revolutionary" new FaceID unlock mechanism takes a LOT longer to use than the fingerprint sensor, and how it adds two steps to using Apple Pay.

If you are happy playing in Apple's walled garden, that's great - although it's not without flaws, the coherence between phone and computer is wonderful compared to Android. But many of us are not ever going to shell out a thousand bucks for a phone, or even five hundred bucks, even if we didn't have philosophical objections to the walled garden.

Right this moment I'm copying over 80GB of music to my Android phone after an upgrade and the USB/MTP stack is a buggy pile of crap, so I'm copying it a few gigs at a time and watching for errors. That sucks. But my phone is a 2015 flagship model with a nice display, decent 2+4 core processor, 64GB of storage, and a passable camera that can shoot 1080p video. I got it for $225 and stuck a 128GB microSD in it. Given that it mostly works a lot of the time, I find the total amount of rage it causes to be an acceptable tradeoff, and I am probably the definition of a power user :bored:

Tugger wrote:
So is that "X" as in "ex" or "ten"?

"Ten." Not that anybody will pronounce it that way. I'm not sure why they didn't learn that when 90% of people said "oh ess eks" for over a decade in regards to MacOS, but it probably doesn't matter.

Ken777

Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:03 am

maortega15 wrote:
JJJ wrote:
787Driver wrote:

IIFC the first mobile for the first iPhone was built from OS X because of Apple's understanding o their Unix based OS X.
I also seem to recall that when the original the technology was being developed there was some discussions on which product should be done first and the iPhone came out as the natural choice. That also came into play later with the introduction of the iPa. Steve Jobs could smile and say "If you have an Apple iPhone you already know how to use it"

If you want to compare the Surface with and Apple product you probably beed to go to the iPad Pro

Kiwirob

Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:49 am

787Driver wrote:

Because apple made it impossible to connect headphones and power cord at the same time, unless you have Bluetooh headphones, Bluetooth audio is crap, if you watch youtube, netflix, hulu the voice lag is shockingly bad, it also means if you travel you need another charger. Apply needs to admit they fucked up and bring back the 3.5mm headphone jack!

JJJ

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:40 am

Ken777 wrote:
maortega15 wrote:
JJJ wrote:

IIFC the first mobile for the first iPhone was built from OS X because of Apple's understanding o their Unix based OS X.
I also seem to recall that when the original the technology was being developed there was some discussions on which product should be done first and the iPhone came out as the natural choice. That also came into play later with the introduction of the iPa. Steve Jobs could smile and say "If you have an Apple iPhone you already know how to use it"

If you want to compare the Surface with and Apple product you probably beed to go to the iPad Pro

Which still runs on a mobile OS. So it's still an oversized phone with some nice gadgets.