Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

timpdx
Topic Author

North Korea detonates stronger nuke

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:23 am

This one has a preliminary magnitude of 6.3, signifigantly higher than previous tests. Indication of H- bomb potential?
Last edited by qf789 on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spelling

Francoflier

Re: North Korea desonates stronger nuke

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:30 am

As long as the fat kid keeps bombing his own country...

He ought to be careful with those bombs, however. He'd hate it if others started doing it for him.

salttee

Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:34 am

Not a true H-bomb, much much more likely a boosted Uranium bomb.

And for all we know it was as big as a railroad car.

TWA772LR

Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:28 am

salttee wrote:

The first H bomb was the size of a house for the US. To quote Sterling Archer, NK is the nation-state equivalent of the short bus, so this was probably the size of the Sears Tower.

But seriously, doesn't NK have the ability to produce a small enough warhead for a missile? Multi-warhead missiles still have to be far into the future for them, though.

petertenthije

Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:58 am

According to North Korean media the test was an H-bomb capable of being fitted to an ICBM.

http://www.telegraaf.nl/buitenland/2911 ... ef___.html

Dutchy

Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:15 am

Changes nothing to the Geo-political situation.

readytotaxi

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:05 pm

I will be more concerned when NK perfect the guidence system they use, some way off yet. Still, very big sabre rattling.

bombayduck

Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:38 pm

The latest test by North Korea caused a tremor of 6.3 magnitude, according to the US Geological survey.

ChrisKen

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:08 pm

Data I've seen means it's not a successful H-Bomb test.
Looks like a higher yield A-Bomb.

Changes nowt.

NoTime

Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:18 pm

Looks like most speculation is putting the yield at 70 to 140kt. Isn't that still well within the range of fission weapons?

WarRI1

Re: North Korea detonates stronger nuke

Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:31 am

Where is our great trading Partner China? Trump says trying to help. I say bullshit. :eek:

salttee

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:04 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Where is our great trading Partner China? Trump says trying to help. I say bullshit. :eek:

Me too.

I strongly believe that China is still orchestrating North Korea's behavior and has been for the last 67 years.

Whatever nuke technology NK demonstrated yesterday came from China! Same with their rocketry.

WarRI1

Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:21 am

salttee wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Me too.

I strongly believe that China is still orchestrating North Korea's behavior and has been for the last 67 years.

Whatever nuke technology NK demonstrated yesterday came from China! Same with their rocketry.

I am with you on that, they are an enemy that we have enriched with our jobs and technology. They are using N.K. as a surrogate for their ambitions of dominating Asia and weakening us. Ask Mr. Trump where his products come from ? Ask the globalists and the free trade folks. A Johnny come lately Trump is. Corporate Greed will destroy us all and is doing a good job of it.

salttee

Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:27 am

WarRI1 wrote:
They are using N.K. as a surrogate for their ambitions of dominating Asia and weakening us.

They have been using NK as a stick to poke us with. They have been since 1950, this has been a continuous thing. It stems from blowback resulting from faulty logic which caused us to support the corrupt and incompetent Chiang Kai-shek over the desires of the indigenous Chinese populace. To put it politely, we bet on the wrong horse, during and after WWII.

But it wasn't because our man on the ground couldn't see what was going on. For one small example, our General Stilwell, uncovered the fact that Chaing was stockpiling supplies in warehouses while his army starved. Stilwell's investigators found forty warehouses stuffed to the gills with American war supplies. Chaing wasn't interested in fighting the Japanese, he knew that the Americans would defeat Japan for him. His only target was Mao and his band who in the beginning were nationalists, with little Communist inclination. Communism came second to freeing China from the dominance of the westerners. The US policies led educated Chinese to assume that they intended to pick up where the British left off, Chaings' only real support came from people who were only in it for themselves.

Later, when in Korea the US had broken Kim's army and had him on a route, our idiot General Douglas MacArthur, pursued him up to the Chinese border and for the third time in his pathetic military career he was snookered, and his army was overrun by an unexpected invasion. This time by Chinese troops. Then came a US regrouping and the war of attrition which China won.

For anyone who doesn't know:
This is Barbra Tuchman's telling of that story: she won the Pulitzer prize for this book.
https://www.amazon.com/Stilwell-America ... 1433292963
Anyone who hasn't read this book, has no grounding on the current Korean situation.

But the Chinese remembered the betrayal and the cost, and they have used North Korea as a stick to punish the US ever since.

I think it's time for them to cut the bullshit.

BawliBooch

Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:48 am

salttee wrote:

Regardless of whether it was a H-Bomb or a boosted fission device, I think the test this time used a militarized weapon along with the mounting systems. They have passed a significant threshold.

TWA772LR wrote:
But seriously, doesn't NK have the ability to produce a small enough warhead for a missile? Multi-warhead missiles still have to be far into the future for them, though.

Do they need MIRV capability? Their aim is deterrence. And the ability to hit the US mainland with nuclear warheads gives them that.

If Saddam or Gadaffi had crossed that threshold, there would be no invasion of Iraq or Libya. The Fat One knows that well. Conventional Regime change the way we saw in the past decade cannot happen with North Korea.

WIederling

Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:57 am

salttee wrote:
But the Chinese remembered the betrayal and the cost, and they have used North Korea as a stick to punish the US ever since.
I think it's time for them to cut the bullshit.

It is not China but self afflicted:

N and S Korea had a peace treaty set up:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea-Kon ... feltreffen

but the US torpedoed that:
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korea-Kon ... spannungen

With N-Korea denied progress through peace
everything from there did then run as expected.

(you'll have to use google translate or similar, the EN WP article wears blinders.)

salttee

Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:56 pm

This is an English language site. All I get from your post is that the German language Wikipedia entry for Korea probably has some fanciful nonsense posted on it. In any event, Wikipedia is not a source, the citations behind the articles are the sources.

I am 73 years old, I remember the Korean war and everything politically significant that has transpired on that peninsula since, and there has been no time when NK was not in a state of belligerence.

And you are a poster with a history of twisting even scientific reality to suit your political desires.
Buzz off.