Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

CH47A
Topic Author

Recent Kenyan Election Results Are Up In The Air

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:53 pm

Maybe that isn't such a polite title for a very, very serious problem for a country, but . . . - - - I guess I should apologize to you folks from Kenya. I do. I apologize.

Just I have an odd brain and my fingers type weird stuff sometimes.

Anyway, the subject is a very serious matter for a nation's citizens.

I'll place a link to the BBC's article here:

Kenya presidential election cancelled by Supreme Court

And this note in the article is what should really jump out and grab your attention.

Other elections in Africa have been annulled or cancelled but this appears to be the first time on the continent that an opposition court challenge against a presidential poll result has been successful.

Then, if you are serious about starting to study the larger picture I'll offer a link below.

I don't know how many place trust in Wikipedia, but it seems to be useful sometimes. This might be one of those times. We have to turn to some site besides the BBC, or other media folks, I think. Most definitely a serious subject, without a doubt. I guess I'm just trying to justify the placing of a link here to the entry in Wikipedia. Some folks don't place much faith in Wikipedia, but for this topic I think it is a good start, if you don't already know all the facts, or other important information.

Kenyan general election, 2017

Anyway, I want to trust the situation gets fixed in Kenya without too much hardship. I am positive it won't be easy, but democracy can be a difficult machine for the people to run sometimes. And that is the first step to getting it to work properly — truly understanding that it is the people that run it. The people, not the government leaders. The people. Make it work.

My goodness. It is going to be so tough. It sort of makes me worried as I type this.

Dutchy

Re: Recent Kenyan Election Results Are Up In The Air

Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:58 am

I think it is a positive sign that the rule of law has gained more and more influence in Kenya. Good for them.

readytotaxi

Re: Recent Kenyan Election Results Are Up In The Air

Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:43 am

I was very suprised by the ruling, and greatly pleased.It does give hope for the future.