NoTime
Topic Author

FBI, DHS: Antifa are "domestic terrorists"

Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:58 pm

This won't come as a surprise if you've been paying attention for the last 10 months or so, but it might be a rude awakening for those geniuses who, in the UVA thread, were likening antifa to the soldiers who stormed Normandy to stop fascism.

Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016, authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI.

“It was in that period [as the Trump campaign emerged] that we really became aware of them,” said one senior law enforcement official tracking domestic extremists in a state that has become a front line in clashes between the groups. “These antifa guys were showing up with weapons, shields and bike helmets and just beating the shit out of people. … They’re using Molotov cocktails, they’re starting fires, they’re throwing bombs and smashing windows.”

And recent FBI and DHS reports confirm they are actively monitoring “conduct deemed potentially suspicious and indicative of terrorist activity” by antifa groups.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/0 ... fbi-242235

So, as the more level-headed folks on this forum (as well as our President) have been saying - the problem exists on both sides of the political spectrum.

jetero

Re: FBI, DHS: Antifa are "domestic terrorists"

Fri Sep 01, 2017 3:04 pm

NoTime wrote:
This won't come as a surprise if you've been paying attention for the last 10 months or so, but it might be a rude awakening for those geniuses who, in the UVA thread, were likening antifa to the soldiers who stormed Normandy to stop fascism.

Federal authorities have been warning state and local officials since early 2016 that leftist extremists known as “antifa” had become increasingly confrontational and dangerous, so much so that the Department of Homeland Security formally classified their activities as “domestic terrorist violence,” according to interviews and confidential law enforcement documents obtained by POLITICO.

Previously unreported documents disclose that by April 2016, authorities believed that “anarchist extremists” were the primary instigators of violence at public rallies against a range of targets. They were blamed by authorities for attacks on the police, government and political institutions, along with symbols of “the capitalist system,” racism, social injustice and fascism, according to a confidential 2016 joint intelligence assessment by DHS and the FBI.

“It was in that period [as the Trump campaign emerged] that we really became aware of them,” said one senior law enforcement official tracking domestic extremists in a state that has become a front line in clashes between the groups. “These antifa guys were showing up with weapons, shields and bike helmets and just beating the shit out of people. … They’re using Molotov cocktails, they’re starting fires, they’re throwing bombs and smashing windows.”

And recent FBI and DHS reports confirm they are actively monitoring “conduct deemed potentially suspicious and indicative of terrorist activity” by antifa groups.

So, as the more level-headed folks on this forum (as well as our President) have been saying - the problem exists on both sides of the political spectrum.

Yes, that's exactly how I remember the conversation going. Condemning white supremacists while lionizing antifa, whatever the hell it is. Had nothing to do with the opposition protesters in general. After all, you and your fellow Trumpists come from the truly maligned "side" in all of this. Poor babies.

In any case, whatever floats your boat, NoTime.

pvjin

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:05 pm

NoTime wrote:

Indeed, it's funny how so many lefties think destroying private property and even attacking people is okay as long as you do it to oppose "fascism", whatever that empty word even means to them.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:22 pm

pvjin wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Indeed, it's funny how so many lefties think destroying private property and even attacking people is okay as long as you do it to oppose "fascism", whatever that empty word even means to them.

Yes, this board is definitely filled with people just as you describe. And anyone who opposes Trump and white supremacists is all for "destroying private property and even attacking people." :sarcastic:

As is evidenced by . . . ?

You guys live in a right-wing fantasy world.

pvjin

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:26 pm

jetero wrote:
Yes, this board is definitely filled with people just as you describe. And anyone who opposes Trump and white supremacists is all for "destroying private property and even attacking people."

In earlier threads there were plenty of people defending Antifa.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:28 pm

pvjin wrote:
jetero wrote:
Yes, this board is definitely filled with people just as you describe. And anyone who opposes Trump and white supremacists is all for "destroying private property and even attacking people."

In earlier threads there were plenty of people defending Antifa.

OK, well then it won't be any problem to share those instead of speaking in generalities.

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:31 pm

NoTime wrote:

No it does not. Not even close. You just need the fig leaf whipping boy of Antifa to rationalize your Nazi and white supremacist buddies. And as long as those continue to support Trump, and as long as Trump's sole driving force is attention, he will continue to handle them with kid gloves. Don't kid yourself. The right's response to nazis and white supremacist will forever be memorialized not as outright condemnation, but "whataboutism" and of course, blaming black people as per usual. It's precious how hard the right is trying to rationalize white supremacists and Nazis.
E pur si muove -Galileo

pvjin

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:39 pm

jetero wrote:
OK, well then it won't be any problem to share those instead of speaking in generalities.

Yes, the post below yours from Maverick is exactly what I'm talking about. According to him antifas who destroy property and beating people are not a problem while right wing radicals are.

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:43 pm

pvjin wrote:
jetero wrote:

Yes, the post below yours from Maverick is exactly what I'm talking about. According to him antifas who destroy property and beating people are not a problem while right wing radicals are.

Um, yeah. That's exactly what he said.

#FantasyWorld

Super80Fan

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:47 pm

Antifa is indeed a terrorist group. It's sad how some of these people in their fantasy worlds compare them to WWII soldiers.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 pm

pvjin wrote:
jetero wrote:

Oh please you're not fooling anyone here with the MLK photo; you're one of the most racist ones here. Destroying property and beating people are wrong, but they don't hold a candle to the right wing militias who came down to Charlottesville to "protect" whatever, and even *they* said the nazis and white supremacists were there to fight. And they were--they were armed to the teeth and when they weren't driving into crowds murdering people, they were beating the pulp out of a black guy. I guess he must have asked for it right? So a poorly defined bunch of yahoos destroying property versus your Nazi/White supremacist bffs armed to the tooth--whose sole goal is an all white ethnostate by violent means or otherwise--beating people and driving cars into crowds--same same right? And right wing violence kills 10x as many people as left wing violence--about twice as much as Islamic violence in the US--basically the same right? You're not fooling anyone--you just want your violence rationalized and normalized and this antifa nonsense is an easy way to start.
Last edited by MaverickM11 on Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
E pur si muove -Galileo

NoTime
Topic Author

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:51 pm

jetero wrote:
NoTime wrote:

Yes, that's exactly how I remember the conversation going. Condemning white supremacists while lionizing antifa, whatever the hell it is.

Not necessarily lionizing antifa (at least, not in your case) but certainly keeping your head in the sand regarding them.

This was aimed more at the lunatics who were saying that antifa was akin to soldiers storming the beaches at Normandy... but thanks for reminding me of your obtuseness, too:

jetero wrote:
I don't even know what an antifa is. I've heard about it for the last month, still don't know what it is. It's a foil created by the nut job right. A distraction and a source of blame for what the right is doing.

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:55 pm

NoTime wrote:
Not necessarily lionizing antifa (at least, not in your case) but certainly keeping your head in the sand regarding them.

This was aimed more at the lunatics who were saying that antifa was akin to soldiers storming the beaches at Normandy... but thanks for reminding me of your obtuseness, too:

jetero wrote:
I don't even know what an antifa is. I've heard about it for the last month, still don't know what it is. It's a foil created by the nut job right. A distraction and a source of blame for what the right is doing.

Hey, NT, you're welcome! I still don't know what it is, other than something that pops up on Breitbart and Fox News as some sceptre that is much bigger than it really is. I guess that's obviously because the "liberal media" refuses to cover it because they're secretly and by conspiracy supporting it, so I'll save you from having to explain that.

But if you want to find anyone on here that condones the destruction of private property by anyone, "antifa," or "anarchist," or whatever you want to call them, please, feel free to share, and we'll give you some time. And we'll all say POOR BABY for the abuse you've suffered.

(And of course there is no way that labeling the antifa as a "terrorist organization" could be political in any way. Regardless, if they are the widespread terror group that you and your ilk are saying they are, I sure as hell don't have any problem with them being listed as such. But until then my opinion remains that it's a very convenient foil that reinforces your side's ridiculous victim mentality.)
Last edited by jetero on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Super80Fan

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:55 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
pvjin wrote:
jetero wrote:

Oh please you're not fooling anyone here with the MLK photo; you're one of the most racist ones here. Destroying property and beating people are wrong, but they don't hold a candle to the right wing militias who came down to Charlottesville to "protect" whatever, and even *they* said the nazis and white supremacists were there to fight. And they were--they were armed to the teeth and when they weren't driving into crowds murdering people, they were beating the pulp out of a black guy. I guess he must have asked for it right? So a poorly defined bunch of yahoos destroying property versus your Nazi/White supremacist bffs armed to the tooth--whose sole goal is an all white ethnostate by violent means or otherwise--beating people and driving cars into crowds--same same right? And right wing violence kills 10x as many people as left wing violence--about twice as much as Islamic violence in the US--basically the same right? You're not fooling anyone--you just want your violence rationalized and normalized and this antifa nonsense is an easy way to start.

Nope, just like the terrorist group Antifa the Nazis/KKK are all representations of the left. Own it.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

Freakysh

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:57 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
pvjin wrote:
jetero wrote:

Wow, what a truly breathtaking post.

Calling out Antifa = you support white supremacy.

Unbelievable. Probably time to quit this forum before I tear my eyes out :lol:

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:57 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

Nope, just like the terrorist group Antifa the Nazis/KKK are all representations of the left. Own it.

Because you want it to be so? Because Nazis/KKK are known to vote overwhelmingly for Democrats? Does that make the Republican Party the LEFT by association?

Own your inability to reason.

OA412

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:00 pm

jetero wrote:
Um, yeah. That's exactly what he said.

#FantasyWorld

Yup. Translation: "I have no proof." This is exactly why I will not engage Trump supporters, white nationalists, nazis, whatever. If you're reading comprehension is that lacking; and I strongly suspect it's not, it's just reading/hearing/seeing whatever you want to read/hear/see; then I'm not interested in having a conversation. I want to discuss reality, not someone's fantasy. The groups to whose defense Trump supporters have rushed have been labeled domestic terrorists for years/decades. In their rush to defend Trump's indefensible lack of condemnation of a group of domestic terrorists, they've gone to every length to discredit THE VAST MAJORITY of this country that abhors white supremacy/Nazism AND leftist extremism. It's sad that this is what we've come to as a country.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:00 pm

Freakysh wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
pvjin wrote:

OP NoTime is the one who very clearly and explicitly made this a both sides post.

Super80Fan

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:02 pm

jetero wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Because you want it to be so? Because Nazis/KKK are known to vote overwhelmingly for Democrats? Does that make the Republican Party the LEFT by association?

Absolutely they do. In fact, the KKK was started by the Democratic party. The Republican party is not the left but they certainly have been for civil rights more often than the Democrats, can't just say they switched because they wanted a clean image.

Own your inability to digest history.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

OA412

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:02 pm

Super80Fan wrote:

I've heard this lie repeated may times, both here and elsewhere. It's embarrassing. It embarrasses you, and it embarrasses the rest of us. No serious person, ever, anywhere, classifies the Nazis or the KKK as leftist organizations. None.

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:05 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
jetero wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

Absolutely they do. In fact, the KKK was started by the Democratic party. The Republican party is not the left but they certainly have been for civil rights more often than the Democrats, can't just say they switched because they wanted a clean image.

Oh absolutely precious. What is the case now doesn't matter, but what was the case 50 years does. All of the pro-segregation Democrats eventually converted to Republicans starting with the Nixon administration. If you're too blind to see that, well I'm not surprised. After all, Trump loves the "poorly educated."

Super80Fan

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:06 pm

OA412 wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

I've heard this lie repeated may times, both here and elsewhere. It's embarrassing. It embarrasses you, and it embarrasses the rest of us. No serious person, ever, anywhere, classifies the Nazis or the KKK as leftist organizations. None.

It's not a lie just because you don't like the cold hard truth. The Nazis were/are socialists, making them products of the left. The KKK was invented by the left. I understand this might be hard learning you're associated with groups that wanted to wipe out certain races/religions of the human race but it's never too late to denounce your support of organizations that are for the killing of people based on their skin color/religion/sex/.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

Freakysh

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:07 pm

jetero wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

OP NoTime is the one who very clearly and explicitly made this a both sides post.

Yes, both sides are to blame. The white supremacists and Antifa.

How is that supporting or trying to justify the white supremacist side?

The left has lost the plot.

Super80Fan

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:10 pm

jetero wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:
jetero wrote:

Oh absolutely precious. What is the case now doesn't matter, but what was the case 50 years does. All of the pro-segregation Democrats eventually converted to Republicans starting with the Nixon administration. If you're too blind to see that, well I'm not surprised. After all, Trump loves the "poorly educated."

Absolute lie, the "party switch" is the biggest myth on the planet. It's been debunked numerous times and is only used by leftists to try and change their past. The South was switching to Republican red well before desegregation, it was an economic switch. Also other than senator Strom Thurmond, please name all of the racist politicians from the South who switched from Democratic to Republican. I'll wait.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:10 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
OA412 wrote:
Super80Fan wrote:

It's not a lie just because you don't like the cold hard truth. The Nazis were/are socialists, making them products of the left. The KKK was invented by the left. I understand this might be hard learning you're associated with groups that wanted to wipe out certain races/religions of the human race but it's never too late to denounce your support of organizations that are for the killing of people based on their skin color/religion/sex/.

AND WHO DID THEY OVERWHELMINGLY SUPPORT IN THIS ELECTION SUPER80?!?!?!?!

This "leftist" KKK and white supremacist menace evidently thinks the Republican Party is more leftist than the Democrats.

And, Super80, buddy, I thought there were "two sides" to this mess . . . antifa (leftist) versus KKK and white supremacists (which you also think leftist). What a bunch of idiots to waste their time fighting against each other if they share the same goals!

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:11 pm

Freakysh wrote:
jetero wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

"Blame" for what exactly Freakysh? Charlottesville?

What a bunch of hollow, know-nothing nonsense.

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:12 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
Absolute lie, the "party switch" is the biggest myth on the planet. It's been debunked numerous times and is only used by leftists to try and change their past. The South was switching to Republican red well before desegregation, it was an economic switch. Also other than senator Strom Thurmond, please name all of the racist politicians from the South who switched from Democratic to Republican. I'll wait.

Feel free to share, buddy.

Freakysh

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:13 pm

jetero wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
jetero wrote:

Okeedoke

Keep your head in the sand. Donate to ANTIFA

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:14 pm

NoTime wrote:

Head in sand or not, right wing violence is still extremely rare, and yet still 10x more prevalent than left wing.
Super80Fan wrote:

Sure, sparkles

Freakysh wrote:

The right needed a bogeyman to rationalize Trump treating his white supremacist/nationalist supporters with kid gloves. It had to be an "all sides" narrative because Trump made it one; you literally went searching for a scapegoat to rationalize the violent nazi/supporters.
E pur si muove -Galileo

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:16 pm

Freakysh wrote:
jetero wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Okeedoke

Yep, it's my head in the sand because I have been spending the entire thread defending antifa after saying I still don't even know what it is. :yes:

#FantasyWorld

I'm worried about Trump losing half of his base to aneurysms trying to keep all this inconsistent, angry nonsense straight in their heads.
Last edited by jetero on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MaverickM11

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:22 pm

jetero wrote:
Yep, it's my head in the sand because I have been spending the entire thread defending antifa after saying I still don't even know what it is. :yes:

#FantasyWorld

I'm worried about Trump losing half of his base to aneurysms trying to keep all this inconsistent, angry nonsense straight in their heads.

:checkmark: :checkmark: :checkmark: Antifa has been around forever, rabble rousing and burning down a Starbucks every time the G20 shows up and making a general, dumb mess. That doesn't make them good, but it still doesn't hold a candle to groups that want to exterminate more than half the country to achieve a white ethnostate...wonder where we've heard that before? Oh yah ISIS/Al Qaeda...I wonder if the right thinks we should pay attention to "all sides" of the war on terrorism too :roll:
E pur si muove -Galileo

richard2179

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:37 pm

So now how does one successfully fight fascism?

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:54 pm

richard2179 wrote:
So now how does one successfully fight fascism?

If I had to guess, I think Super80, NoTime, and pvjin would advise locking Hillary Clinton up, protesting Nancy Pelosi, and revoking Barack Obama's fake green card and sending him back to Kenya. The real fascists and Civil Rights-haters are the Democrats, after all. :melting: :wideeyed: :scared: :white:

OA412

Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Super80Fan wrote:
OA412 wrote:

And we're done. You don't want a reasoned discussion on the matter, so I will not waste my time.

Tugger

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:09 pm

To quote senator McCain:
"Most of us share Heather Hoyer's values, not the depravity of the man who took her life, [...] We are the country that led the free world to victory over fascism and dispatched communism to the ash heap of history. We are the superpower that organized not an empire, but an international order of free, independent nations that has liberated more people from poverty and tyranny than anyone thought possible in the age of colonies and autocracies."

We will arrest idiots that destroy property or attack others without (and sometimes even with) provocation. But that does not change that the desperate tone of some to try and change the "story of Charleston" with what are essentially cries of "LOOK OVER THERE!!!!! See? Those people are worse!!!!
So, of course point out when something is needing to be addressed and people who do wrong will be arrested but to keep trying to change the story is silly (it is sad how on FoxNews' website the disaster on going in Houston has lost its top billing as they return to party talking points).

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 pm

0:25 pretty much spells out what an idiotic "rallying cry" distraction it is meant to be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWHe6mIgjQ

"ANTIFA!!!!"

Sounds just like Freakysh:

Freakysh wrote:
Okeedoke

Last edited by jetero on Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atcsundevil

Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:13 pm

Just as a notice to users, please avoid hate speech and personal attacks on other users. Use of photos of political figures is a copyright violation unless you have taken the photo yourself, and is explicitly banned in our forum rules.

✈️ atcsundevil

jetero

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:11 pm

Well NoTime must be positively tickled pink with how this thread ended up.

helhem

Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:31 pm

Plenty of real terrorists started out with the small stuff. But people setting dumpsters on fire and vandalizing Starbucks are not the most dangerous people around. I suspect they pissed off enough law enforcement by being annoying. And at the same time after 9/11 there has been so much more investment in domestic anti-terrorism so the people are looking for something to do.

Freakysh

Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:20 am

jetero wrote:
0:25 pretty much spells out what an idiotic "rallying cry" distraction it is meant to be

"ANTIFA!!!!"

Freakysh wrote:
Okeedoke

Sorry, I fail to see where trump is inaccurate

jetero

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:16 am

Freakysh wrote:
jetero wrote:

"ANTIFA!!!!"

Freakysh wrote:
Okeedoke

Sorry, I fail to see where trump is inaccurate

Quelle surprise.

Ken777

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:18 am

Does this mean that antifa are as bad as the KKK and the Neo-nazis and white supremacists?

How many of those other groups Arte listed as domestic terrorists by Trump's DHS?

Aesma

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:42 am

Antifas are almost a century old. It's ridiculously funny that the US is discovering them now, and immediately labelling them by the very charged term terrorism. With such a loose definition of the word terrorism, there are probably hundreds of terrorist groups in the US, mostly right-wing extremists.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Freakysh

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:42 am

Ken777 wrote:
Does this mean that antifa are as bad as the KKK and the Neo-nazis and white supremacists?

How many of those other groups Arte listed as domestic terrorists by Trump's DHS?

I'd say potentially they are worse.

Most people see the KKK as abhorrent and rightly stay away. They are a small group and fairly predictable, easy to keep track of and control (as long as vigilantes like antifa don't go rogue and inflame situations)

Antifa are unpredictable and chaotic. They draw support on the premise that an enemy of my enemy is my friend. This draws on support to their nefarious agenda. The media exacerbates this by painting them as the good guys rather than looking into who they are and what their intentions are. They have the potential to become a much bigger problem than the Kkk ever will.

jetero

Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:49 am

Freakysh wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

Of course you would. Narrative wouldn't work otherwise, would it?

Freakysh wrote:
The media exacerbates this by painting them as the good guys rather than looking into who they are and what their intentions are.

And . . . examples from hated MSM? Paste here, please.

Freakysh wrote:
They have the potential to become a much bigger problem than the Kkk ever will.

#FantasyWorld. Do you also see unicorns? Now that's some Freakysh*t.

Freakysh

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:06 am

jetero wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

Of course you would. Narrative wouldn't work otherwise, would it?

Freakysh wrote:
The media exacerbates this by painting them as the good guys rather than looking into who they are and what their intentions are.

And . . . examples from hated MSM? Paste here, please.

Freakysh wrote:
They have the potential to become a much bigger problem than the Kkk ever will.

#FantasyWorld. Do you also see unicorns? Now that's some Freakysh*t.

Mock all you like. Time will tell which group causes society the most headaches

BobPatterson

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:35 am

Nazi/KKKs and Antifa are all abominations. I really don't understand arguing about which of the crazies are less bad.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

jetero

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:42 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Nazi/KKKs and Antifa are all abominations. I really don't understand arguing about which of the crazies are less bad.

Because one side is being enabled by the President of the United States, calling some of the white nationalists "very fine people." And his supporters seem to turn a blind eye to it and find another group to vilify as "worse." It's a rhetorical strategy and has no basis in fact. Freaky is going on and on about how dangerous Antifa is, accuses the mainstream media of enabling them, and refuses to provide any evidence. Why? I shudder to think because there is none.

In any case, the federal government seems to be on it by declaring the group "domestic terrorists" so hopefully NoTime and Freaky can sleep more soundly at night with Jeff Sessions and crew going after them. Hurrah!
Last edited by jetero on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

BobPatterson

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:47 am

Trump praised "fine people" on both sides which included Antifa types.

By getting lighter treatment in the press, Antifa is being encouraged or enabled.

ANY group coming to a "rally" or "protest" and being ready and looking for a fight should be condemned. By everyone.

Including all those who post here. It doesn't matter what name such groups travel under.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

jetero

Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:49 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Trump praised "fine people" on both sides which included Antifa types.

By getting lighter treatment in the press, Antifa is being encouraged or enabled.

ANY group coming to a "rally" or "protest" and being ready and looking for a fight should be condemned. By everyone.

Including all those who post here. It doesn't matter what name such groups travel under.

Read the transcript again and tell me if you really think Trump was treating "Antifa" and white supremacists in the same manner. Sure the hell seemed very slanted to me.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/08/1 ... ipt-241662