BestWestern
Topic Author

Infowars asks is Michelle Obama a man

Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:17 pm

I know certain posters love infowars, but seriously, how can anyone defend this as serious journalism. These guys have White House press credentials.

https://www.infowars.com/is-this-final- ... n-the-web/
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.

scbriml

Re: Infowars asks is Michelle Obama a man

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:05 pm

I saw the words "Alex" and "Jones" and closed the window without going any further. I'd rather waste my time watching my grass grow. :sarcastic:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

BartSimpson

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:35 pm

The fact alone that there is the word "war" in their name makes them extremely disreputable to me. I didn't even click on that link - that would be too much of an honor for them.

tommy1808

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:39 pm

BestWestern wrote:
I know certain posters love infowars, but seriously, how can anyone defend this as serious journalism.

Well, the mentally handicapped will accept this as gold plated truth and Trump will probably call him, again, and thank him for the good and important work he is doing, again. And this call Trump didn´t even make up....

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.

MaverickM11

Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:43 pm

This is where the Republican party has been heading for years. It's their choice whether they go full gay frogs or turn the Titanic back around.
E pur si muove -Galileo

OA412
Crew

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:29 pm

Why anyone gives this charlatan the time of day is beyond me. I'm not talking about OP, but people who actually devour his BS like it's the word of god. Let's not forget that Alex Jones is the same moron who perpetuated the Newtown truther BS. He almost makes Roger Ailes seem like a decent human.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West

zkojq

Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:56 pm

Alex Jones running after random people in Seattle a few days ago.
https://youtu.be/ZbZor2HNPps?t=42s

His mental instability is actually fairly entertaining as far as I'm concerned. Probably less entertaining if you know or have to deal with people who believe the s#it he spouts.
MaverickM11 wrote:
This is where the Republican party has been heading for years. It's their choice whether they go full gay frogs or turn the Titanic back around.

For now, the president supposedly still seeks advice from him. :/

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 95136.html
First to fly the 787-9 (ZK-NZE, NZ103, 2014-10-09)

L410Turbolet

Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:57 pm

Wrong question, wrong person.

What they really should ask the IAAF is: How many women are actually women on any given long distance run roster of the Golden League or the World Athletics Championship. :stirthepot:

wingman

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:03 pm

Trump gets advice from a guy who thinks black people are monkeys. Got to keep the base fired up and Alex Jones has just the man in the White House to broadcast his insane bullshit to the world. Nothing shocks anymore...but the core needs its meat and they shall receive it.

seb146

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:04 pm

All I saw on the list of topics was "Infowars asks is Michelle..." and I had to click it. I was not disappointed. Thanks for the laugh, bestwestern! Simply by reading that, I had put down my coffee so my mouth was free. The sad thing is that some people believe this crap.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal

Dutchy

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:23 pm

Nobody takes Alex Jones seriously, right?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

lugie

Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:53 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Apparently enough people do, including the "president" of the United States. But just click the youtube link zkojq provided and after you're done laughing at Alex Jones randomly running after passers-by, look at the comment section. That wiped the laugh right off my face - there seems to be a considerable number of people actually defending him. For that.

As for the original post, interesting to hear that he propagates such crap and thanks BestWestern for giving yet another piece of proof of what a lowlife POS this guy is, but I won't click the link. I'm not going to help generate traffic for his site, no thanks.
Q400 E175 CRJ9 A319 A320 A321 A332 A333 B733 B738 B788
X3 LH 4U TP US YX SN EI LA
FRA STR HAM TXL ACE BRU BLL DUB MAD OPO LIS FNC AMS PHL RDU LGA CLT

BestWestern
Topic Author

Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:56 am

We had people here linking to infowars as fact just last week, so yes, people respect infowars... strangely silent today.

Super80Fan

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:06 am

Alex Jones has always been a nutjob and this just further proves that.
RIP McDonnell Douglas

BestWestern
Topic Author

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:27 am

And the US government have given them White House press credentials.

StarAC17

Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:05 pm

Dutchy wrote:

Yes people do and he has about 2 million viewers/listeners each week.

Enough people do that in the case of the Sandy Hook massacre which he repeatedly says is a conspiracy and that the children's deaths were faked.

Some of his listeners have gone to the extent of harassing the parents of the Sandy Hook victims, saying things like where are you hiding your children.

Imagine the hell those parents go through losing their first grade child and then have these nuts call and harass them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 86656.html
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!

BestWestern
Topic Author

Sat Aug 26, 2017 3:16 pm

They have now called Michelle a "tranny".

https://www.infowars.com/chelsea-clinto ... le-debate/

And that she has gained so much weight.

https://www.infowars.com/flashback-mich ... bby-obama/

Ah yes, quality American journalism endorsed by the White House.

Kilopond

Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:29 pm

Anyone categorically condemning infowars.com is just as simple-minded or even stupid as anyone who just believes anything they shout out would be the truth.

Much too many folks have been indoctrinated with woodcarving-style worldviews that lack any shades between balck and white.

johns624

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:18 pm

Kilopond wrote:
Anyone categorically condemning infowars.com is just as simple-minded or even stupid as anyone who just believes anything they shout out would be the truth.

Much too many folks have been indoctrinated with woodcarving-style worldviews that lack any shades between balck and white.

What have they ever posted that wasn't inane or a conspiracy theory? The aren't anything other than an electronic version of the National Enquirer.

MaverickM11

Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:51 pm

BestWestern wrote:
Ah yes, quality American journalism endorsed by the White House.

...where the first lady has an entire walk in closet of skeletons.
E pur si muove -Galileo

BobPatterson

Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:13 am

Kilopond wrote:

Are you suggesting that at least SOME of the material at infowars.com is "legitimate" news and not to be condemned?

That it is worth wading through the piles of garbage in search of a morsel of truth?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

bmacleod

Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:45 pm

Going online was a lot better before the troll invasion.....
"What good are wings without the courage to fly?" - Atticus

WarRI1

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:04 am

Does anyone else think this site is fake news which the Right likes so much? They seem to inhale this BS, especially about the Obama's. I do not bother to read such garbage.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

BobPatterson

Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:56 am

WarRI1 wrote:
Does anyone else think this site is fake news which the Right likes so much? They seem to inhale this BS, especially about the Obama's. I do not bother to read such garbage.

How do you know it is garbage if you don't read it?

Or did you previously visit the site and determine that it contained nothing but garbage?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

DLFREEBIRD

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:15 am

for those not wanting to waste your time. The show doesn't start until the 3 minute mark. Then the comedian Joan Rivers comes on and says Michelle Obama is a Tran.

Then, Alex Jones promotes his caveman product. No wonder Trump hangs on his every word.

eye roll.

BartSimpson

Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:20 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Are you suggesting that at least SOME of the material at infowars.com is "legitimate" news and not to be condemned?

That it is worth wading through the piles of garbage in search of a morsel of truth?

BobPatterson wrote:

Or did you previously visit the site and determine that it contained nothing but garbage?

Am I missing something here or is it just my bad English that I don't understand the two posts?

johns624

Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:06 pm

Yes, they contradict each other.

330west

Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:44 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

BobPatterson wrote:

Am I missing something here or is it just my bad English that I don't understand the two posts?

It's kind of like a McDonald's hamburger. Everyone knows it sucks whether they've tried it or not but there are a lot of people who can only afford so much, or in the case of Alex Jones fans, only possess so much intellectual capital.

BartSimpson

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:21 pm

330west wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

BobPatterson wrote:

It's kind of like a McDonald's hamburger. Everyone knows it sucks whether they've tried it or not but there are a lot of people who can only afford so much, or in the case of Alex Jones fans, only possess so much intellectual capital.

No, my confusion is not about the stuff on the infowars.com site - I can't just get together the two seemingly contradictory statements in Bob's posts.

330west

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:30 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
330west wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

No, my confusion is not about the stuff on the infowars.com site - I can't just get together the two seemingly contradictory statements in Bob's posts.

Sorry. That was in response to Bob. Meant to remove your part and have just his nonsensical comments.

cledaybuck

Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:51 pm

330west wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

BobPatterson wrote:

Why insult McDonalds like that?

NoTime

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Well...? Is she?

:duck:

BobPatterson

Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:41 pm

BartSimpson wrote:
330west wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:

I don't think anyone's language is to be faulted. It's more a matter of logic.

First. I posed two questions, bearing on somewhat different subjects, to each of two people, in distinctly different posts. I made no statements.

Second, would you have this difficulty if you were reading end-of-chapter review questions for chapters 3 and 4 in a textbook?

Why do you want to conflate different postings?

There are different subjects or themes within topics or threads on airliners.net.

WarRI1

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:29 am

BobPatterson wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:

Somehow after eight years of unrelenting hatred from the right, this type of site, whether left or right leaning turns me off. When I read such as, is (Michelle Obama a man ?) That is enough for me. I watch and read all the main networks and newspapers which I consider legitimate, even Fox to see both sides of reality. I do not waste my time, nor do I have time or patience to read or visit such inane sites. I have never visited such, nor will I. My choice of news is somewhat a standard type.

BobPatterson

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:36 am

WarRI1 wrote:
When I read such as, is (Michelle Obama a man ?) That is enough for me.

I agree. Please forgive me for even asking the questions.

Since I had never seen that site, I simply had to take a look :-)

Garbage.

WarRI1

Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:37 am

BobPatterson wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
When I read such as, is (Michelle Obama a man ?) That is enough for me.

I agree. Please forgive me for even asking the questions.

Since I had never seen that site, I simply had to take a look :-)

Garbage.

Amen brother!!!!

seahawk

Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:33 am

The facts presented are not so easily dismissed though.

330west

Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:54 pm

seahawk wrote:
The facts presented are not so easily dismissed though.

Yes they are.

And by the way, at quick glance, your avatar kind of looks like a guy in a klan hood.

seahawk

Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:09 pm

Thank you for the nice compliment on my avatar.

dtw2hyd

Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:18 am

John Oliver did a bit of research on this guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyGq6cjcc3Q

BobPatterson

Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:58 am

I suppose some folks will hate me for saying this, but neither Oliver nor Jones is worth watching.

They strike me as being a couple of degenerates. Oliver sounds better than Jones, even though he doesn't speak decent English.

One could more profitably spend time searching for the real pearls posted on airliners.net amongst all the crap that is allowed here under the guise of free speech.

Beware of [/sarcasm].

petertenthije

Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:32 am

Has Trump already sent a team to Hawaii to find the long schlong certificate of girth?
Attamottamotta!

scbriml

Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:00 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Oliver sounds better than Jones, even though he doesn't speak decent English.

Ha ha. And it's said Americans don't do irony. :rotfl:
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.

dtw2hyd

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:19 am

BobPatterson wrote:
I suppose some folks will hate me for saying this, but neither Oliver nor Jones is worth watching.

They strike me as being a couple of degenerates. Oliver sounds better than Jones, even though he doesn't speak decent English.

One could more profitably spend time searching for the real pearls posted on airliners.net amongst all the crap that is allowed here under the guise of free speech.

Beware of [/sarcasm].

Satirical comedy and fear mongering are not the same Bob. By definition, all satirical comedy shows are fake news, though you could learn some bitter facts main stream media cannot cover. It is up to you to figure out what is the truth.

It appears Alex's main goal is to sell a lot of snake oil to preppers by spreading fear.

Dutchy

Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:41 am

scbriml wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Oliver sounds better than Jones, even though he doesn't speak decent English.

Ha ha. And it's said Americans don't do irony. :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl:

BobPatterson

Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:06 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
It appears Alex's main goal is to sell a lot of snake oil to preppers by spreading fear.

I was struck by the thought that, except for the grossness of his conduct, he is using the same techniques employed by quite a number of "TV preachers" or televangelists.

Like that jerk in Houston who wouldn't open his megachurch as an evacuation center until after he was dragged through the mud over his lack of Christian charity.

coolian2

Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:47 pm

Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/CRJ-700/-900

DIRECTFLT

Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 am

New AI can guess whether you're gay or straight from a photograph

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... photograph

That's nice... but what I want is an AI that can tell if a so-called conservative, is a Rino or a true Republican, or something like that! ;D
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling

Dutchy

Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:13 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
New AI can guess whether you're gay or straight from a photograph

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/ ... photograph

That's nice... but what I want is an AI that can tell if a so-called conservative, is a Rino or a true Republican, or something like that! ;D

That is one scary piece of software, especially taking into account countries like in the Middle East.

BawliBooch

Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:28 am

So what if she is?

Michelle still is one of the best First Ladies in US history. #Michelle2020
L' Esprit de Mai 68