Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

casinterest

Re: Trump's Speech

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:17 pm

seb146 wrote:
And the campaigner in chief once again blames the media for everything. He hates that facts are reported, poor orange snowflake....

The Golfer in Chief, just got over an hour of free campaigh coverage for a rally where he declared at least 57 eye raising quotes.

I am not even going to get into his "Clean Coal" explanation.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/politics/ ... index.html

MaverickM11

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:24 pm

casinterest wrote:
seb146 wrote:
And the campaigner in chief once again blames the media for everything. He hates that facts are reported, poor orange snowflake....

The Golfer in Chief, just got over an hour of free campaigh coverage for a rally where he declared at least 57 eye raising quotes.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/politics/ ... index.html

Trump is like a retarded lab rat--he only knows two things: attention and vengeance. This rally was the proverbial sugar cube of attention that he so craves--it really doesn't matter what he says or does; he just wants the attention.

Dutchy

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:29 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The United States used to be a "great shining city on the hill" I believe Reagan once said. We used to be well liked and well respected around the world. There were harsh words from some countries but they knew we had powerful allies. Now, with the campaigner in chief, we are a laughing stock. Countries are turning to China and Germany and Japan even Russia for world leadership. All those decades of well build alliances are gone.

Also, as a voice in NATO constantly complaining that EU nations have not "paid their fair share" to support the cause, the other nations in NATO see him as an ineffective leader. And let's not even get into the Russian hacking and interference of our elections that installed him in the first place.

The US hasn't been a great shining city on the hill since long before you or I were born, it's been nothing but failure after failed since the end of the Korean War, with the odd exception like putting a man on the moon, which I find laughable since the US can't even put a man into space today, it shows how far you've dropped IMO.

Don't know when you were born, but I think the decline of the US started in the 70-ish. The rest of the world caught up after it was set back in WWII. After that, a more NEO-conservative wave swept through the country and that had repercussions in everything. More pragmatic, business like, more spreadsheet government than a more optimistic way forward kind of government. The "man-on-the-moon" project is a perfect example. I think that in current America such a project is unthinkable. And that says something. The optimistic America is gone, leadership in the world is gone, the world became painfully aware when there was so little international support for the illegal Iraq war of 2003. NATO - only time article five was called in - was behind the US, after 2001 terrorist attacks, the UN was behind the US for the invasion of Afghanistan and America wanted an unjust war in Iraq.

Nowadays the same neoconservatives are gaining ground in The Netherlands and luckily they are kind of resisted by society. Society is more the just a calculation.

Dutchy

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:31 pm

casinterest wrote:

But, but, but, I like a good laugh.....................

Freakysh

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:42 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

they don´t need to do anything, since President biggest failure in US history gets absolutely nothing done all by himself.

It is just sad that the US will have lost 4 years if he isn´t removed before that. Well, at least the Nazi are happy having a Nazi-sympathizer president.

best regards
Thomas

What will you lose in 4 years oh intellectually superior one?

What have you gained with 4 years of Trump, or at this moment. What has he done for you to make your life a little better.

Best bit has been watching trump make lefties heads explode. 3 more years of that and he's doing a good job.

Dutchy

Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:48 pm

Freakysh wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

What have you gained with 4 years of Trump, or at this moment. What has he done for you to make your life a little better.

Best bit has been watching trump make lefties heads explode. 3 more years of that and he's doing a good job.

ok, you measure success in terms of making others miserable. Are you American? If so, you do not care if your country doesn't move forward as long as the head of the lefties explodes. Got it.

Tugger

Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:40 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
-it really doesn't matter what he says or does; he just wants the attention.

Trump has perfected the art of being a brand. That is really all he is: He is TRUMP! He really doesn't stand for anything in particular (he has switched sides several times as it suits his needs in life), he has resources and promises a lot but commits very little of anything from himself other than his name and brand, he pushes and prods others and uses his ability to stand above others (wealth, impression others have of him, what his family name implies, etc) and vexatious language to get things done for him, without him actually doing it or really knowing how to do it.

And yet he is so effective at it that many just blindly cheer for him, for what he represents.... to them personally (and for many that appears to be just because of havoc it may cause others not because of anything else, so it is just schadenfreude really ) . This allows him to be anything that supporters want or need him to be, he offers simplistic solutions which apparently simplistic people think will solve whatever issue they imagine it fits (BUILD A WALL! ... Great, what does a wall do and how long will it take and cost and be maintained and what effect is it without the more important actions taken toward employing or address current immigration failures? How does that stop "the bad guys" that we must intercept and cut off? And supporters make up things they like to fill in the blanks. END OBAMACARE! ... Great, then what? Insurance premiums were going up at double digit rates before the ACA was enacted and fewer people were covered. Now with the uncertainty about the ACA rates are again increasing at double digit rates. How will repealing it change that? What can and must be done to reduce increases? What about preexisting conditions?.... Again people fill in the gaps with imaginary solutions, whatever they like best, without any reality). It is very weird and very unreal when you think of it but obviously a lot of people don't seem to really want anything done other than what they fantasize would cause others to be unhappier than his supporters. Not a very lofty goal.

Anyway, this is just my opinion.

Tugg

seahawk

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 pm

If your party has the majority in both houses and the White House, being satisfied with just trolling the liberal left is really a low expectation. I must say I am disappointed by US conservatives. All tools to stop the liberal transformation in the country and turn back the time are there, but they are not used, nothing is achieved. The only thing achieved is widening of the divide in the country. To be honest that is more like a cheap dictator than the president of the USA.

Redd

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:17 pm

Freakysh wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

I'm actually quite keen on having a leader who is bi-partisan and wont make an effort to alienate one side or the other, even people like you that give in length what they lack in depth.

Tugger

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:27 pm

seahawk wrote:
If your party has the majority in both houses and the White House, being satisfied with just trolling the liberal left is really a low expectation. I must say I am disappointed by US conservatives. All tools to stop the liberal transformation in the country and turn back the time are there, but they are not used, nothing is achieved. The only thing achieved is widening of the divide in the country. To be honest that is more like a cheap dictator than the president of the USA.

The interesting thing is that this is really not a "left or right" thing as Trump is making plenty of heads on "the right" explode too. As you rightly point out Trump has not supported "the right" either and he has essentially sabotaged a number of their initiatives.

He is precisely divisive, both between the parties and within the Republican party itself, and I think may only want churn without results. If he did not then he would either work with the Republican's to craft effective legislation or work on bipartisan solutions.

However I again only seeing him wanting to increase his "brand" and with his supporters alone primarily. They are essentially like his viewers of the Apprentice, nothing actually happened in reality on that show but he made himself and his family a lot of money. That is all he appears to be about.

Tugg

salttee

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Trump has a larger view of the world than the rest of us peons. He has the ability to actually place himself in Julius Caesar's shoes; he recognizes that history offers the opportunity to be truly great to only a few special people. His achieving the top level of greatness is paramount in his mind. What the little people think is of little consequence.

CaliAtenza

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:37 pm

DDR wrote:
I was really proud of Trump last night. He gave a great speech and layer out a good policy. It's time a President called out Pakistan on their double dealings. They want U.S. money but they also want to harbor terrorists. Good job Trump.

Delusions

Dutchy

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:40 pm

Redd wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

I'm actually quite keen on having a leader who is bi-partisan and wont make an effort to alienate one side or the other, even people like you that give in length what they lack in depth.

The current holder of the American Presidency managed to alienate both sides of the house.

Tugger

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:41 pm

salttee wrote:
Trump has a larger view of the world than the rest of us peons. He has the ability to actually place himself in Julius Caesar's shoes; he recognizes that history offers the opportunity to be truly great to only a few special people. His achieving the top level of greatness is paramount in his mind. What the little people think is of little consequence.

And the Roman emperors and Caesar gave the masses the Colosseum and gladiator games to watch, enjoy, and distract them. Threw in various opposition elements and politicians and watched as the festivities took place.

Good times!

Tugg

Aesma

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Is it usual for a president to hold rallies like that continuously ?

About what the GOP wants, well they want less taxes for them and their rich friends. Everything else is negotiable. I get the impression that Trump doesn't really care about that, probably because he doesn't pay much as it is, and he realizes that this will not do anything good for most of his electorate.

casinterest

Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:49 pm

Tugger wrote:
salttee wrote:

And the Roman emperors and Caesar gave the masses the Colosseum and gladiator games to watch, enjoy, and distract them. Threw in various opposition elements and politicians and watched as the festivities took place.

Good times!

Tugg

Just Remember that Ceaser's reign was ended by one of his closest friends.

Redd

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:17 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Redd wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

The current holder of the American Presidency managed to alienate both sides of the house.

Yes, I've pretty much managed to take that information in. ;)

Dutchy

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:25 pm

Redd wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Redd wrote:

Yes, I've pretty much managed to take that information in. ;)

Good for you ;-)

DDR
Topic Author

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:27 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The United States used to be a "great shining city on the hill" I believe Reagan once said. We used to be well liked and well respected around the world. There were harsh words from some countries but they knew we had powerful allies. Now, with the campaigner in chief, we are a laughing stock. Countries are turning to China and Germany and Japan even Russia for world leadership. All those decades of well build alliances are gone.

Also, as a voice in NATO constantly complaining that EU nations have not "paid their fair share" to support the cause, the other nations in NATO see him as an ineffective leader. And let's not even get into the Russian hacking and interference of our elections that installed him in the first place.

The US hasn't been a great shining city on the hill since long before you or I were born, it's been nothing but failure after failed since the end of the Korean War, with the odd exception like putting a man on the moon, which I find laughable since the US can't even put a man into space today, it shows how far you've dropped IMO.

I agree that US military "adventures" have not been successful. However, the US can put a man into space today...they just need to buy him a ticket on Russian rocket :rotfl:

Tugger

Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:38 pm

DDR wrote:
However, the US can put a man into space today...they just need to buy him a ticket on Russian rocket

Which I believe is the exact same thing Germany must do as well (they do send up astronauts you know) except for the times the USA footed the bill...

By the way, how many space ventures are currently ongoing in Germany with a likelihood of actually launching humans into space within the next few years? None you say? Interesting... (Yes I know they work through the ESA ;-) ) Too bad we took your entire rocket and space program decades ago.

Now lets get back to bashing Americans and its politics and people and leaders....

Tugg

Ken777

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:24 pm

I don't believe that Trump had any faith in his "nice" speeches this week. The speech writers work hard to come up with something for him to say that might rehab his reputation a wee bit, but then there is the Phoenix speech where he goes 180 off of the 2 decent ones. Guess the standard is speeches where he reads of of the teleprompter we get the speechwriters opinions and those where he wings it we get his real opinion. His "fans" love it where he wings it.

Freakysh

Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:28 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

ok, you measure success in terms of making others miserable. Are you American? If so, you do not care if your country doesn't move forward as long as the head of the lefties explodes. Got it.

Ofcourse I care.

You think the country isn't moving forward because of your extreme prejudice. No matter what trump does, you'll find fault. I think the country is going fine

So in the meantime, I'll enjoy the best part of this presidency, and that is, watching the left go into meltdown due to their lack of resilience and ability to cope with differing views to their own.

Dutchy

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:00 pm

Freakysh wrote:
Ofcourse I care.

You think the country isn't moving forward because of your extreme prejudice. No matter what trump does, you'll find fault. I think the country is going fine

So in the meantime, I'll enjoy the best part of this presidency, and that is, watching the left go into meltdown due to their lack of resilience and ability to cope with differing views to their own.

ok, good to see you do care. Then I will repeat my question, what did Mr. Trump actually achieve which has a positive impact on your life or the country at large? If you could help me to answer the question I would be much obliged.

Freakysh

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Ofcourse I care.

ok, good to see you do care. Then I will repeat my question, what did Mr. Trump actually achieve which has a positive impact on your life or the country at large? If you could help me to answer the question I would be much obliged.

My life hasn't changed. It's not noticibly better or worse, just as it wasn't under Obama.

The histrionics from the left is much more noticeable though and is very amusing.

seb146

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:54 pm

Freakysh wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Ofcourse I care.

My life hasn't changed. It's not noticibly better or worse, just as it wasn't under Obama.

The histrionics from the left is much more noticeable though and is very amusing.

Examples with sources please.

seb146

Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:57 pm

Basically, what I am seeing from comments here and from right wing spin is that Trump is great. He did a great job and spoke well and he is just great. He mentioned things he wants to do, but no one, not even him, can name any specifics other than a few vague words. Other than that, at least he is not Obama so he is great.

Does that pretty much sum things up?

Tugger

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:03 pm

Freakysh wrote:

Similar to the noticeable histrionics of the right when Obama was in office? The things like "the worst president ever", "our goal is for him to fail". etc. were all pretty "amusing" if also unfortunately damaging to the nation.

Tugg

Freakysh

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:09 pm

seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Srsly?

Trawl through these forums and you'll find umpteenth examples. This place is an echo chamber of drama queens.

Mir

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Freakysh wrote:

If that's the best part of this presidency, then this presidency is an abject failure.

Freakysh

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:10 pm

Tugger wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Similar to the noticeable histrionics of the right when Obama was in office? The things like "the worst president ever", "our goal is for him to fail". etc. were all pretty "amusing" if also unfortunately damaging to the nation.

Tugg

I'm glad you at least recognise your histrionics are damaging

MaverickM11

Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:48 pm

Aesma wrote:
Is it usual for a president to hold rallies like that continuously ?

If that president's name is Hitler, Mussolini, Chavez, Duterte, Trump, etc, then yes. Otherwise no.

bgm

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:25 am

Freakysh wrote:
Trawl through these forums and you'll find umpteenth examples. This place is an echo chamber of drama queens.

So why hang around like one of Trump's smelly farts then?

Freakysh

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:03 am

bgm wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

So why hang around like one of Trump's smelly farts then?

Good question. I don't know. Moth to a flame I guess.

Interesting reading the different psychology of people.

seb146

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:38 am

Freakysh wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Srsly?

Child, I have been voting since before you were a twinkle in your grandpappy's eye...

Tugger

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:01 am

Freakysh wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Tugg

Mine? Have you read my posts? They are not mine.

Tugg

tommy1808

Thu Aug 24, 2017 4:59 am

Tugger wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Aersome. Thanks fellas

What were you intending with your post?

he doesn´t have instructions from Moscow yet.

Tugger wrote:
Which I believe is the exact same thing Germany must do as well (they do send up astronauts you know) except for the times the USA footed the bill...

as far as i know, the US never, ever paid for any German in Space, usually paid in Hardware or services. The D2 Mission came with a bill of almost a billion Mark ....

DDR wrote:
It's too funny.

yeah.. i can hear Anne Frank laughing too....

best regards
Thomas

Tugger

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:13 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

as far as i know, the US never, ever paid for any German in Space, usually paid in Hardware or services. The D2 Mission came with a bill of almost a billion Mark ....

I was more referring to the fact that Germany was not required to pay for/purchase a seat for transport to space (to my knowledge at least) on US launch systems. (Of course I do know that Germany was a share participant in the ISS costs etc.)

Tugg

Freakysh

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:21 am

seb146 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Srsly?

Child, I have been voting since before you were a twinkle in your grandpappy's eye...

Thanks pop. Good to know

Freakysh

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:22 am

Tugger wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Tugger wrote:

Tugg

Mine? Have you read my posts? They are not mine.

Tugg

The left Tugg, the left.

Freakysh

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:24 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
Aersome. Thanks fellas

best regards
Thomas

Zdravstvujtye :wave:

TWA772LR

Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:31 am

Dutchy wrote:
]

That alienation happened when the 'Era of Good Feelings' (maybe World War 2) in the 1800s ended.

Freakysh wrote:
Zdravstvujtye

Kak dela?

Freakysh

Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:02 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
]

That alienation happened when the 'Era of Good Feelings' (maybe World War 2) in the 1800s ended.

Freakysh wrote:
Zdravstvujtye

Kak dela?

Dela dobriy

Dutchy

Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:16 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
]

Really? Did Obama manage to alienate the Democrats in congress? Did Bush jr. alienate the Republicans in congress? I guess I missed some events in American politics in the last 250 odd years ;-)

Kiwirob

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:29 am

Freakysh wrote:

Under Obama the histrionics from the right were just as noticable noticeable though and was also very amusing.

tommy1808

Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:30 am

Freakysh wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Tugger wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Ja ne obchakus s sochistbujuchim fashisma...

Freakysh

Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:30 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Ja ne obchakus s sochistbujuchim fashisma...

Ni ja

Aesma

Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:37 am

Obama may have said and done things that made the right unhappy, something that isn't really difficult in the US. However he was always presidential. Trump is constantly insulting, name calling, including people who he himself put in office.

Yes the left is "triggered" but that's not what matters, what does matter is that the US is losing standing in the world, permanently. Even Kim Jong Un doesn't appear that mad anymore, quite an achievement.

Freakysh

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Aesma wrote:
.l

Yes the left is "triggered" but that's not what matters, what does matter is that the US is losing standing in the world, permanently. Even Kim Jong Un doesn't appear that mad anymore, quite an achievement.

Utter nonsense

Aesma

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Of course Trump supporters might not be aware that "the world" actually exists.

dtw2hyd

Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:17 pm

Aesma wrote:
Obama may have said and done things that made the right unhappy, something that isn't really difficult in the US. However he was always presidential. Trump is constantly insulting, name calling, including people who he himself put in office.

Well before The Mooch, Mr.Biden used the F-Word during a WH press conference. BTW, Mooch was never on WH payroll, he was fired before his joining date.
Check with Netanyahu about Obama administration's name calling skills.