Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

scbriml

Re: White supremacists march at UVA

Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:31 pm

Freakysh wrote:
How so?

You really need it explained? :shock:

Freakysh wrote:
Antifa antagonists egging on trouble and a response. They got what they wanted, so they could then squeal like stuck pigs.

You completely fail to condemn someone firing a gun in public, yet are quick to condemn the target for being 'antagonistic'. Amazing. :banghead:

Freakysh

Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:31 pm

scbriml wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
How so?

You really need it explained? :shock:

Freakysh wrote:
Antifa antagonists egging on trouble and a response. They got what they wanted, so they could then squeal like stuck pigs.

You completely fail to condemn someone firing a gun in public, yet are quick to condemn the target for being 'antagonistic'. Amazing. :banghead:

I called both sides deplorable. The gun shooting is so obviously despicable that nobody is actually looking at the bigger picture. What is it? The enemy of my enemy is my friend? why is this Antifa mob so untouchable and exempt from scrutiny? Anytime someone questions them people like you jump in with your virtue signalling. Congratulations you despise idiot rednecks,so do I. Can we move on and discuss the situation in a bit more depth other than white supremacy bad, Antifa good? Or have we been media brainwashed so much that we must accept this group as the good guys without question?

What do police do when there's a hostage situation? Do they go in abusing the hostage taker? Do they yell at him and inflame the situation?

They keep calm, they try to negotiate and hopefully exit the situation with minimal harm to all involved. It's a measured approach and based on best outcomes.

Instead we have these young punk attention seeking rouges, there for their own selfish reasons. They don't give a shit about any issues. This time next year they'll move on to the next cool fad and the next young idealists will take their place for their 15 minutes of fame? What did they achieve? They got a young girl killed in the name of "doing what is right"

Give me a break. They've unnecessarily increased tensions. Idiots. All of them.

socalgeo

Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:56 pm

LittleFokker wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
why is this Antifa mob so untouchable and exempt from scrutiny? Anytime someone questions them people like you jump in with your virtue signalling. Congratulations you despise idiot rednecks,so do I. Can we move on and discuss the situation in a bit more depth other than white supremacy bad, Antifa good? Or have we been media brainwashed so much that we must accept this group as the good guys without question?

Where is the evidence that Antifa has done anything wrong? You bitch and complain about them, yet, you've failed to provide any concrete video or evidence that they were engaged in illegal behavior. Prove it or shut the hell up.

Here is the Antifa today in Berkeley. Seems to me that they are doing things that are wrong. Wouldn't you agree?

https://twitter.com/NotElizabeth88/stat ... 2060667904

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMv19Ov ... e=youtu.be

https://twitter.com/PoliticalShort

seahawk

Mon Aug 28, 2017 5:05 am

Too bad that nobody in Berkeley seems to carry a gun.

Tugger

Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 pm

And to add to the moron soup:
"Man who claimed stranger stabbed him for his neo-Nazi haircut busted for making up story "
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... -1.3449452

Tugg

DIRECTFLT

Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:16 pm

DocLightning wrote:
NLCFFX wrote:
[
Now Doc, these statements are no different than what real racists say.

1) I am a racist. So are you. The difference between you and I is that I acknowledge my racism and work to eliminate it.
2) "Voted for Trump" is a decision, not an inborn trait. 100% of Trump voters were adults who made the same decision, no exceptions. I hold adults accountable for their decisions. You are arguing that holding adults accountable for their decisions is tantamount to racism, which is pathetic.

Every. Single. Trump. Voter knowingly voted for a racist.
i

I think that all of this talk about President Trump being a racist is hysteria. When I voted for Trump, there was NOTHING inside of me that was thinking or saying, "Yeah -- Now --- Finally Getting to Put the Black down!!"

So, this so-called "racist", chose to have his Inauguration Day Eve - "Make America Great Again" concert ... at .... The Lincoln Memorial.... where "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" was performed.

Yeah, that really sounds and looks like where a racist would hold an event and what song they would allow to be played at their Inauguration Day Eve event.

jetero

Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:33 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
NLCFFX wrote:
[

1) I am a racist. So are you. The difference between you and I is that I acknowledge my racism and work to eliminate it.
2) "Voted for Trump" is a decision, not an inborn trait. 100% of Trump voters were adults who made the same decision, no exceptions. I hold adults accountable for their decisions. You are arguing that holding adults accountable for their decisions is tantamount to racism, which is pathetic.

i

I think that all of this talk about President Trump being a racist is hysteria. When I voted for Trump, there was NOTHING inside of me that was thinking or saying, "Yeah -- Now --- Finally Getting to Put the Black down!!"

So, this so-called "racist", chose to have his Inauguration Day Eve - "Make America Great Again" concert ... at .... The Lincoln Memorial.... where "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" was performed.

Yeah, that really sounds and looks like where a racist would hold an event and what song they would allow to be played at their Inauguration Day Eve event.

Where can I send you your prize for not being racist?

"Finally getting to put the Black down"?! If that's not a tell, I don't know what is.

Puhleeze.

seb146

Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:06 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
NLCFFX wrote:
[

i

He had major backing from racists and racist organizations like KKK and neo-Nazis and Fox. All you righties going on about subtle messages in "liberal" speeches and you all missed a huge message in "Make America Great Again." We were asking what that means and got no response. Replace the word "great" with the word "white" and there it is. Not so subtle. If you righties find that offensive, too bad. This is what you wanted. This is what you get.

WIederling

Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:13 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:
I think that all of this talk about President Trump being a racist is hysteria.

What he effected is Right Wingers all over the nation taking all the stops out of how they present themselves in public.
( in the next curtain the even more obscure counterforces come up for a breath too)

No situation ever turns people into idiots.
But some situations allow idiots a feisty "coming out" though.

bgm

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:14 am

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but you perhaps need a little more work in elimating your racism, because you

DIRECTFLT wrote:

Voting for Trump is not working to eliminate your racism. It's doing precisely the opposite. It's allowing an environment where racism is acceptable and normal.

"Make America Great Again" = "Make America WHITE Again"

That is what the message means to most Trump voters. Go back to the days when white Christians ruled the land, and minorities knew their place and kept quiet.

Flighty

Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:32 pm

MAGA is about making the country great for the middle class again, meaning the middle 60% of the country by income. The highest 20% and lowest 20% should not be running the country. This is a fight over money. The middle class has been the victim of the biggest robbery ever on Earth - tens of trillions of dollars. Today, we tell them their citizenship in the world's most powerful country means nothing. That they can expect nothing anymore - no higher ed, no medical care, no well-paying job, no ability to retire. Just die. That is what we are telling our middle class now. Die. And it angers them. They built this country. There is a lot of data backing up Trump's rhetorical platform, which is why he won. The true stories of the middle class are reflected in the data about real wage growth over time. HRC had no clue about people in the middle 60%, because she considered them irrelevant sheeple. Trump deduced that they can win him the election. He won 85% of counties in the US. Excluding New York and California (which were not in question), Trump won the popular vote by like 3 million. And I did not vote for him. Those voters feel more strongly than I do about this.

MaverickM11

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:08 pm

Flighty wrote:
MAGA is about making the country great for the middle class again, meaning the middle 60% of the country by income. The highest 20% and lowest 20% should not be running the country. This is a fight over money. The middle class has been the victim of the biggest robbery ever on Earth - tens of trillions of dollars. Today, we tell them their citizenship in the world's most powerful country means nothing. That they can expect nothing anymore - no higher ed, no medical care, no well-paying job, no ability to retire. Just die. That is what we are telling our middle class now. Die. And it angers them. They built this country. There is a lot of data backing up Trump's rhetorical platform, which is why he won. The true stories of the middle class are reflected in the data about real wage growth over time. HRC had no clue about people in the middle 60%, because she considered them irrelevant sheeple. Trump deduced that they can win him the election. He won 85% of counties in the US. Excluding New York and California (which were not in question), Trump won the popular vote by like 3 million. And I did not vote for him. Those voters feel more strongly than I do about this.

Bullsh!t. MAGA is about putting everyone non-white in their place, whether it's blacks, latinos, LGBTQ, non-christians...you name it. MAGA is the expression of white supremacy. None of those people gave a toss about any of the communities who have been fighting for education, medical care, well paying jobs forever. When minorities were fighting for the same exact things, the MAGA crowd told them to get bent--get a better job, get deeper into debt with more education, work harder, move, leave the country, etc. Now that the shoe is on the other foot they're singing from a completely different music sheet and that same advice is suddenly gone from their repertoire--it isn't "get a better job than your minimum wage, food stamp subsidized Walmart job", it's Walmart needs to pay more for me to get out of my recliner and show up to work. It's 'kick-out-the-fruit pickers' and replace them with god knows what with a living wage and full benefits--but definitely don't pass any increased minimum wage laws because those are communist. MAGA is white anger materialized with no reasonable politics or economics. It's economics nationalism and populism driven by vengeance and zero consistent strategy--just 'gimme more stuff and make sure it comes at the expense of brown people'. They're tired of black people using their Obama phones to call their buddies at universities and get free college and they want *revenge*. Just seeing pictures of black people and Trump voters lose their mind. Don't kid yourself.

bgm wrote:
That is what the message means to most Trump voters. Go back to the days when white Christians ruled the land, and minorities knew their place and kept quiet.

Yep. Christians are salivating at the discrimination they can gin up once they can start "not baking cakes" for people they don't like. They're furious that LGBTQ people still exist and can finally 'stick it to the fags'. For Jesus! And they're just warming up.

lugie

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:31 pm

Freakysh wrote:
Instead we have these young punk attention seeking rouges, there for their own selfish reasons. They don't give a shit about any issues. This time next year they'll move on to the next cool fad and the next young idealists will take their place for their 15 minutes of fame? What did they achieve? They got a young girl killed in the name of "doing what is right"

I really can't believe I'm reading something like this on here. This is straight up Daily Stormer content.

"They" (Antifa, BLM, liberal counterprotestors) did NOT get anyone killed.

The blame lies solely, 100 percent with the piece of scum right-winger lowlife who participated in the "unite the right"-rally to "protest the taking down" of a traitor statue and freely express his worthless opinion, and who, last but not least, (probably) voted for Trump.

That is a disgusting deflection of blame and pretty much equivalent to saying Trump is responsible for the Scalise shooting because he got people mad at Republicans. Although this still appears more logical to me.

Flighty

Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:51 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Flighty wrote:

Bullsh!t. MAGA is about putting everyone non-white in their place, whether it's blacks, latinos, LGBTQ, non-christians...you name it. MAGA is the expression of white supremacy. None of those people gave a toss about any of the communities who have been fighting for education, medical care, well paying jobs forever. When minorities were fighting for the same exact things, the MAGA crowd told them to get bent--get a better job, get deeper into debt with more education, work harder, move, leave the country, etc. Now that the shoe is on the other foot they're singing from a completely different music sheet and that same advice is suddenly gone from their repertoire--it isn't "get a better job than your minimum wage, food stamp subsidized Walmart job", it's Walmart needs to pay more for me to get out of my recliner and show up to work. It's 'kick-out-the-fruit pickers' and replace them with god knows what with a living wage and full benefits--but definitely don't pass any increased minimum wage laws because those are communist. MAGA is white anger materialized with no reasonable politics or economics. It's economics nationalism and populism driven by vengeance and zero consistent strategy--just 'gimme more stuff and make sure it comes at the expense of brown people'. They're tired of black people using their Obama phones to call their buddies at universities and get free college and they want *revenge*. Just seeing pictures of black people and Trump voters lose their mind. Don't kid yourself.

bgm wrote:

Yep. Christians are salivating at the discrimination they can gin up once they can start "not baking cakes" for people they don't like. They're furious that LGBTQ people still exist and can finally 'stick it to the fags'. For Jesus! And they're just warming up.

It's all in your mind. You could certainly take what I said - the middle 60% of the income spectrum - and notice that most people in that group share a pale complexion. That's right. Then you could demonize them for that, insinuating that they are Nazis, which you have. Are they angry, yes, a middle class way of life was stolen from them basically by the rich to ruin their wages.

It's not that different from the economics of the Civil War. Entrenched business interests are addicted to cheap labor. They are infuriated that an elected Republican is standing up for the rights of citizens. Trump lacks the qualities of Lincoln to be sure. But the economic disagreement is the same. The argument over citizen-hood is similar too.

WIederling

Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:10 pm

Flighty wrote:
.... But the economic disagreement is the same.

Noteworthy.
For Germany I once noted that a CDU/CSU (conservative right leaning) voter is
nothing more than an NPD ( far right ) voter holding a job.

The interesting thing in the US is that the ( predominantly white ) former middle class feels with the rich
and fight the poorer people ( mostly colored ) the rich have dropped them down to.

With slightly increased cognitive capabilities they should come to the conclusion that they must fight
the rich to regain any standing.

WarRI1

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:16 am

Flighty.

It's not that different from the economics of the Civil War. Entrenched business interests are addicted to cheap labor. They are infuriated that an elected Republican is standing up for the rights of citizens. Trump lacks the qualities of Lincoln to be sure. But the economic disagreement is the same. The argument over citizen-hood is similar too.

I certainly agree about the cheap labor argument. I would like someone to explain what Trump has proposed that really will help the average citizen, white, black, yellow, brown, any color one can think of. To me, he is all mouth and no substance as are the wealthy cohorts of his. They play the naive like violins, while grubbing more and more wealth for themselves. A few jobs have come back, nothing else has been accomplished. Especially anything that will help the average worker. You know the average worker, the underpaid average worker. The ones who live in the real world. The workers whose jobs now reside everywhere but here. You know those people.. :sarcastic:

seb146

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:09 am

Can someone please explain why Confederate flags and statues need to be defended? Those people rebelled against the United States and were, in effect, traitors to the Republic. Why do we have to praise those who betrayed the United States? I get Texas and Utah and even California celebrating their historical figures and events. They were, at one time, their own nations. Each state should be proud of their place in history. But why do we need to celebrate the Confederacy? Owning people? Legally treating an entire race as lower than human?

salttee

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:53 am

Seb, weren't you raised in a redneck neighborhood? I know the Dixie Flag is ubiquitous in the Pacific Northwest, and that's where you're from. You should be able to explain the answers to those questions to us.

tommy1808

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:45 am

seb146 wrote:
ut why do we need to celebrate the Confederacy?

same as people waving Nazi flags around, either they just don´t know what the heck they are doing and celebration, or they want:

Owning people? Legally treating an entire race as lower than human?

exactly that.

best regards
Thomas

bgm

Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:12 am

Flighty wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Flighty wrote:

bgm wrote:

It's all in your mind. You could certainly take what I said - the middle 60% of the income spectrum - and notice that most people in that group share a pale complexion. That's right. Then you could demonize them for that, insinuating that they are Nazis, which you have. Are they angry, yes, a middle class way of life was stolen from them basically by the rich to ruin their wages.

Answer me this, Flighty:

If what you say is true, and it's based on the 60% middle class, when why are the vast majority of Trump voters white? The middle class comprises people of many ethnic backgrounds, yet we only see white people supporting Trump. Why do you think that may be? :scratchchin:

jetero

Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:55 pm

Flighty wrote:

God just when I think I can't read something more inane and delusional, I come back and read that.

tommy1808

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:14 pm

jetero wrote:
Flighty wrote:

God just when I think I can't read something more inane and delusional, I come back and read that.

did you miss all the constant bickering by Trump that minimum wage has to be increased, labor protections to be expended, US workers finally getting their paid vacation and such?

best regards
Thomas

jetero

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:16 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
jetero wrote:
Flighty wrote:

did you miss all the constant bickering by Trump that minimum wage has to be increased, labor protections to be expended, US workers finally getting their paid vacation and such?

best regards
Thomas

Yeah that must've flown right by. Must be the media's fault. Let me search for those terms in his tweets. Wait, no, came up empty!

OA412

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:41 pm

Flighty wrote:
Excluding New York and California (which were not in question), Trump won the popular vote by like 3 million. And I did not vote for him. Those voters feel more strongly than I do about this.

A variation of this disingenuous argument has been made here and elsewhere. Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes. End of story. You don't get to exclude California or New York or any other state, because these are the United States. And when all the votes were tallied, Trump lost by around 2.8 million votes.

It's funny, these arguments are usually made by people who hate the "coastal elites," but they sure don't mind being welfare queens, suckling at the teat of those coastal elites, and accepting cash from places like New York and California (and my own state) to prop up their failing states. I'm pretty sure California and New York and other states propping up the southern states would be more than happy to be free of that particular financial arrangement.

bgm wrote:
If what you say is true, and it's based on the 60% middle class, when why are the vast majority of Trump voters white? The middle class comprises people of many ethnic backgrounds, yet we only see white people supporting Trump. Why do you think that may be?

Yeah it's quite funny that all those "economic anxiety" voters are also the ones constantly being caught on camera telling various minorities that now that Trump is in charge, they're no longer welcome in this country. It's mind-boggling how anyone can believe that an alleged billionaire who has handsomely profited off of the system in place would actually make meaningful change to that system.

MaverickM11

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Flighty wrote:

They've made it crystal clear they're sympathetic to nazis and white supremacists, who Trump and the administration have been winking at since day one of the campaign. You don't look at Nazis and white supremacists armed to the tooth, murdering someone with a car, and think "gosh I must find someone else to condemn instead" without signaling your sympathies loud and clear. Unless you believe Steve Scalise was in part guilty for the bullets he ate? Maybe we should condemn both sides there too? These people aren't looking for a job, they're looking for someone to blame. And it's any and every minority they have some bone to pick with, and the administration is goose stepping to their bidding. Immigrants legal and illegal? Out. LGBQT? Banned from the army, and discrimination galore especially Devos' crusade to discriminate children, when she's not making rape great again. Blacks? Mass incarceration 2.0 in the name of "tough on crime" but also profit...also the bogeyman of affirmative action. Muslims? Ban all of 'em. And on and on and on... None of these are about economics for the poor downtrodden hard working (read: WHITE) class.

bgm wrote:
If what you say is true, and it's based on the 60% middle class, when why are the vast majority of Trump voters white? The middle class comprises people of many ethnic backgrounds, yet we only see white people supporting Trump. Why do you think that may be? :scratchchin:

Surprise! The election wasn't about the middle class. It was about white people getting revenge, at all income levels.

tommy1808

Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:48 pm

OA412 wrote:
Flighty wrote:
Excluding New York and California (which were not in question), Trump won the popular vote by like 3 million. And I did not vote for him. Those voters feel more strongly than I do about this.

A variation of this disingenuous argument has been made here and elsewhere. Trump lost the popular vote by nearly 3 million votes. End of story. You don't get to exclude California or New York or any other state, because these are the United States. And when all the votes were tallied, Trump lost by around 2.8 million votes. .

even more fun: the same people coming up with this "Argument" seem to fail to notice that in order for Trump to lose, only one state, Texas, would have done the trick.

best regards
Thomas

Flighty

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 pm

bgm wrote:
Flighty wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:

Answer me this, Flighty:

Hmm, I think a lot of voters of color will not vote for a Republican... so if you're asking where they went, they voted for the other party (with a few exceptions like maybe Cuban Americans, and I heard Chinese Americans). I heard a couple of elder gentlemen at a restaurant last August in U Street DC (the famous hot dog place) arguing the election - they agreed Hillary was, by a small margin the "lesser of 2 evils." This was a couple of Afr American men in DC saying that. She was a known villain to many of her own voters. But I think Trump/Bannon's policy ideas (whatever you think of them) are citizenhood-based not color-based. Some say (as we saw above) it is definitely 100% about race. So, citizenhood is about race, and is racist too maybe. Or, maybe being a US citizen is a real thing worth talking about.

Anyway, the wages for "disadvantaged minorities" (certainly not all minorities) in the US have been doing very poorly too. Trump's cheap labor argument counts strongly for diverse groups of Americans. The rich are trying to avoid paying a good wage to middle class people. Except government workers... very important exception. Because we just print money and pay them. It's not actually coming from rich people's pocketbooks. But private sector workers should be as low paid as possible. That's been our policy for 30 years. Unfortunately, for the misanthropic rich, that policy is not politically sustainable. I would be happy to get a lower return on stocks if it meant the median real wage of US workers went up. It's only money. I don't have the disease that tells me I always need more money. I'd rather see the country do better. A lot of cities are doing worse than they were in the 1970s-80s. And it's NOT because of human capital/talent. Human nature is very stable over decades. The US policy changed in favor of global stockholders over US workers... it was intentional... not a secret.

DIRECTFLT

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:09 pm

Trump voters are populist voters. If that draws in the Klan and other fringe groups, then too bad.

Pick you poison.

Us on the other side hold the fringe groups on the Left with as much disdain, and the Left hold the fringe groups on the Right. You're no better.

Trump Won. Get over it.

We want something other than the hard left shift that Obama and the co-opted DNC was taking this Christian Nation to...

jetero

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:36 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Us on the other side hold the fringe groups on the Left with as much disdain, and the Left hold the fringe groups on the Right. You're no better.

Keep on telling yourself that. There's only one "fringe" that's advocating for wholesale removal of people based on race, exclusion of gay people, women being in their "proper place," etc, etc.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
Trump Won. Get over it.

Get on your cross all you want. No one on here is disputing that.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
We want something other than the hard left shift that Obama and the co-opted DNC was taking this Christian Nation to...

"was taking this Christian Nation to..."

What was that to a mosque? A transgender bathroom? (BTW, you conveniently omitted the word "white.")

For a "side" that cares about strict interpretations of the laws so much and what amendments say whenever it suits them, no matter how obfuscated the language might be, you always *very conveniently* forget the First Amendment.

Religion, very explicitly, has no place in laws. WHATSOEVER. You guys need to get over that crap.

jetero

Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:52 pm

Flighty wrote:
Hmm, I think a lot of voters of color will not vote for a Republican

And why would that be, asks the man who says "I don't have the disease that tells me I always need more money." The Republican Party has historically enacted policy platforms that are disadvantageous to these people's HUMANITY. While using them as a scapegoat for anything and everything that is "wrong" with the country.

Maybe the Republicans are right and the Democrats take voters of color for granted and make everything about racism. Well you can sure say the same for Republicans--they also take the uneducated white lower middle class for granted and also inflame racial hatred at that level. They also convince white suburban voters that it is only them who are "paying their own way," everyone else is "stealing from them," and inflame economic warfare. American suburbs have leached off of cities for decades and pay cents on the dollar.

Flighty wrote:
But I think Trump/Bannon's policy ideas (whatever you think of them) are citizenhood-based not color-based. Some say (as we saw above) it is definitely 100% about race. So, citizenhood is about race, and is racist too maybe. Or, maybe being a US citizen is a real thing worth talking about.

Help me out here. "Talking about" being a U.S. citizen to what end? So you can clarify what you "deserve"? So you can get something at someone else's expense in the short-term? Sounds like an entitlement-type approach. I thought you guys were against those. There is no mainstream economic theory that I've seen that says kicking people out of the country is going to create more wealth, quite the opposite. But, hey, I'm sure when you need to go to a doctor, you must choose to go to a voodoo priest instead.

Flighty wrote:
Anyway, the wages for "disadvantaged minorities" (certainly not all minorities) in the US have been doing very poorly too. Trump's cheap labor argument counts strongly for diverse groups of Americans. The rich are trying to avoid paying a good wage to middle class people.

Until the middle class has to pay higher for everything and then where's that going to leave them? That was standard Democratic Party ideology for decades.

Wasn't Trump's campaign song "You Can't Always Get What You Want"?

Flighty wrote:
But private sector workers should be as low paid as possible. That's been our policy for 30 years.

Which party decimated unions again? And what was their rationale for doing so?

Flighty wrote:
Unfortunately, for the misanthropic rich, that policy is not politically sustainable.

Trump is definitely not a "misanthropic rich"--he has a great reputation for always supporting the "little guy," right?

Flighty wrote:
I would be happy to get a lower return on stocks if it meant the median real wage of US workers went up. It's only money. I don't have the disease that tells me I always need more money. I'd rather see the country do better.

Flighty wrote:
A lot of cities are doing worse than they were in the 1970s-80s. And it's NOT because of human capital/talent. Human nature is very stable over decades.

If you want to see American cities collapse again, let's force millions of people out, and, with that tax revenue and, you know as well as I do, not U.S. government budget. So who do you think will end up paying for it? The fact that you think America will "do better" because of it is nuts. Point to a single example of a long-term protectionist economy that "does better" than the U.S. is doing now, please.

Flighty wrote:
The US policy changed in favor of global stockholders over US workers... it was intentional... not a secret.

And why might I ask? Some sort of globalist elitist conspiracy?

You definitely are "Flighty."

If any of the above ideology takes hold and doesn't work out, I wish that we can enact a surtax so that a chosen few can pay the bill.

seb146

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:07 pm

salttee wrote:
Seb, weren't you raised in a redneck neighborhood? I know the Dixie Flag is ubiquitous in the Pacific Northwest, and that's where you're from. You should be able to explain the answers to those questions to us.

Yes, I was raised in that very racist part of the country. Most of Oregon is racist with the neo-Nazi and Confederate flags. And, even growing up with that around me, I never understood it. They lost and they can't seem to get over it. In fact, they want to bring it back! Why? In all my years, even being amongst them for decades, I never understood why.

jetero

Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:09 pm

seb146 wrote:
salttee wrote:

Yes, I was raised in that very racist part of the country. Most of Oregon is racist with the neo-Nazi and Confederate flags. And, even growing up with that around me, I never understood it. They lost and they can't seem to get over it. In fact, they want to bring it back! Why? In all my years, even being amongst them for decades, I never understood why.

The biggest Confederate flag I've ever seen was actually in Rhode Island. I was more than a bit surprised.

OA412

Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:15 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
even more fun: the same people coming up with this "Argument" seem to fail to notice that in order for Trump to lose, only one state, Texas, would have done the trick.

best regards
Thomas

Yup! You never quite hear that one bandied about!
jetero wrote:
Keep on telling yourself that. There's only one "fringe" that's advocating for wholesale removal of people based on race, exclusion of gay people, women being in their "proper place," etc, etc

Exactly! There are loonies on the left. No one disputes that. However, it's not leftists chanting "Jews will not replace us" or advocating the wholesale ban of a religion from entering this country or refusing to bake a damn cake for the gays or on and on and on.

DIRECTFLT

Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:48 am

jetero wrote:
For a "side" that cares about strict interpretations of the laws so much and what amendments say whenever it suits them, no matter how obfuscated the language might be, you always *very conveniently* forget the First Amendment.

Religion, very explicitly, has no place in laws. WHATSOEVER. You guys need to get over that crap.

That's going to be "Fixed" after President Trump gets further along in loading up the SC with Originalist Judges, who, will inevitably strike down that perverted and false interpretation of the 1st Amendment: "Separation of Church and State" as incorrectly applying to religion in general, and not to the proper meaning, of assuring the Danbury Baptists that another Christian denomination could be chosen as a litmus test for holding Govt. offices, thereby excluding those of the Baptist denomination. You'll see.

WIederling

Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am

OA412 wrote:
And when all the votes were tallied, Trump lost by around 2.8 million votes.

And that result is moot as determining the POTUS takes a different way.

Did anyone ever do the math on how big an imbalance in votes could be and
still have the relevant votes distributed such that the candidate
with the lesser overall number of votes is moved into the office?

Freakysh

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:09 pm

lugie wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

I really can't believe I'm reading something like this on here. This is straight up Daily Stormer content.

"They" (Antifa, BLM, liberal counterprotestors) did NOT get anyone killed.

The blame lies solely, 100 percent with the piece of scum right-winger lowlife who participated in the "unite the right"-rally to "protest the taking down" of a traitor statue and freely express his worthless opinion, and who, last but not least, (probably) voted for Trump.

That is a disgusting deflection of blame and pretty much equivalent to saying Trump is responsible for the Scalise shooting because he got people mad at Republicans. Although this still appears more logical to me.

Sorry luges, it may be difficult to stomach, but when youre dealing with rednecks, acting like a redneck ain't the best approach. There was nothing gained by antagonising the situation with their self obsessed counter protest, except for getting a girl killed. Like it or not, that's how I see it.

tommy1808

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:15 pm

Freakysh wrote:
. Like it or not, that's how I see it.

Yup, an if a woman doesn't want to get raped, she shouldn't dress sexy, right?

Best regards
Thomas

Freakysh

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:27 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

Do you leave your front door wide open when you go to work?

lugie

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:32 pm

Freakysh wrote:
Sorry luges, it may be difficult to stomach, but when youre dealing with rednecks, acting like a redneck ain't the best approach. There was nothing gained by antagonising the situation with their self obsessed counter protest, except for getting a girl killed. Like it or not, that's how I see it.

Let me translate this post of yours really quick:

Blah blah blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda it's not the murderers fault but his victim's - she could have stayed at home and wouldn't have been killed so he's free of any charges blah blah blah blah blah.

Like it or not, how you see it is entirely wrong, not only morally but also legally.

Freakysh

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:39 pm

lugie wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Let me translate this post of yours really quick:

Blah blah blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda it's not the murderers fault but his victim's - she could have stayed at home and wouldn't have been killed so he's free of any charges blah blah blah blah blah.

Like it or not, how you see it is entirely wrong, not only morally but also legally.

Yeah missing my point a bit there, but carry on.

WIederling

Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:56 pm

"There was nothing gained by antagonising the situation with their self obsessed counter protest, except for getting a girl killed.
Like it or not, that's how I see it."

Your point is "suicide by redneck". Similar to "suicide by driving while black"

Your point and being civilized don't really go together well.

tommy1808

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:01 pm

Freakysh wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

I take that as a yes regarding being raped is the women´s fault. Which makes you a pretty disgusting person.

best regards
Thomas

Freakysh

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:08 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

Best regards
Thomas

I take that as a yes regarding being raped is the women´s fault. Which makes you a pretty disgusting person.

best regards
Thomas

I never said that. Ofcourse a woman should be allowed to dress however she wants without fear of being raped. Thanks for delving into personal insults, shows the level of discussion we are having here.

Freakysh

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 pm

WIederling wrote:
"There was nothing gained by antagonising the situation with their self obsessed counter protest, except for getting a girl killed.
Like it or not, that's how I see it."

Your point is "suicide by redneck". Similar to "suicide by driving while black"

Your point and being civilized don't really go together well.

Huh?

tommy1808

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:22 pm

Freakysh wrote:
I never said that. Ofcourse a woman should be allowed to dress however she wants without fear of being raped.

You didn´t disagree. That means you concur. Especially since your rhetorical question is after all along the same train of thought and you just before blamed people using their right to peacefully protest for the murder of a woman by right wing terrorists, which is again the same line of thought.

Thanks for delving into personal insults, shows the level of discussion we are having here.

That people thinking it is the woman´s fault when she gets raped are disgusting people isn´t an offense, that is an objective fact.
And since you set the bar as deep as it possible can be with your comment, there is simply nothing i could say to get the discussion to a lower level then you already did.

best regards
Thomas

Freakysh

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:29 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
I never said that. Ofcourse a woman should be allowed to dress however she wants without fear of being raped.

You didn´t disagree. That means you concur. Especially since your rhetorical question is after all along the same train of thought and you just before blamed people using their right to peacefully protest for murder of a woman by right wing terrorists, which is again the same line of thought.

Thanks for delving into personal insults, shows the level of discussion we are having here.

That people thinking it is the woman´s fault when she gets raped are disgusting people isn´t an offense, that is an objective fact.
And since you set the bar as deep as it possible can be with your comment, there is simply nothing i could say to get the discussion to a lower level then you already did.

best regards
Thomas

:lol:

My question was to align the situation to a more relevant comparison. Women being raped for how they dress is no comparison.

Leaving your door wide open serves no purpose. Leaving your wallet on your car dash with the door unlocked and window open serves no purpose. You don't do these things because there's no benefit and risk of adverse affect is high.

This is my point. You may feel all warm and gooey inside because you confronted a few white supremacists. Well done to you and your virtue signalling. My point is perhaps that wasn't the best approach for dealing with these people.

But carry on putting words in my mouth trying to make yourself look smart and somehow superior.

Why couldn't antifa have protested 10km down the road? They could have still made their point, and if their numbers are larger, would have made an even bigger statement against the supremacists with the media it would have generated
Last edited by Freakysh on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tommy1808

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:33 pm

Freakysh wrote:
Leaving your door wide open serves no purpose. .

Going to political ralley´s and marches does not just serve a purpose, that is a right. The rape/murder comparison is 100% valid, aside of murder arguably being worse.

Of course you support a sexual predator, so there is absolutely no surprise in your position.

best regards
Thomas

jetero

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:37 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
jetero wrote:

That's going to be "Fixed" after President Trump gets further along in loading up the SC with Originalist Judges, who, will inevitably strike down that perverted and false interpretation of the 1st Amendment: "Separation of Church and State" as incorrectly applying to religion in general, and not to the proper meaning, of assuring the Danbury Baptists that another Christian denomination could be chosen as a litmus test for holding Govt. offices, thereby excluding those of the Baptist denomination. You'll see.

Yay! A theocracy to hold people down politically! There are plenty of examples of those having worked well in history, and for the benefit of everyone economically!

You guys are just so far gone.

Freakysh

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:39 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

Going to political ralley´s and marches does not just serve a purpose, that is a right. The rape/murder comparison is 100% valid, aside of murder arguably being worse.

Of course you support a sexual predator, so there is absolutely no surprise in your position.

best regards
Thomas

That's quite a desperate spin you've added to my post.

jetero

Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:39 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

best regards
Thomas

And Freakysh provides another example of being

SO

FAR

GONE