User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Topic Author
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:05 am

Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:37 am

where the hell did they get that Idea from.... ?

Image

Context is not that different as well....

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:35 am

Yup, another step towards total chaos. In the mind of Donald Trump, another check and balance gone.

How do you feel about this latest move of the US President, @DIRECTFLT.

Makes me more think about this:

Image

Pure propaganda....
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
bgm
Posts: 1268
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:37 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:44 pm

I bet she has a pussy that Trump wouldn't mind grabbin'

I'm not necessarily referring to the first post, either. ;)
"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." -George Carlin
 
wingman
Posts: 3206
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:19 pm

Every time I think we've discovered the bottom of the barrel Trump shocks the planet by exponentially exploding his stupid asshole factor. Even his "base" is coming around to the truth now. I notice the usual sycophants on this site have largely disappeared as well.

A great commentary on this woman's debut broadcast said that Trump is now screwing his last chance at any kind of meaningful legislation under his name by crowing so hard about "his" economic achievements, the logic being that Congress will never be able to battle the myriad special interests on tax reform with the economy blazing along as it is. Makes you wonder how that wall is going to get built with 6M unfilled jobs.

I think we can safely call this one early and declare Trump the very worst President in US history. He's a bigger douchebag than Cersei.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6864
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:42 pm

Can you imagine the outcry if ANY Dem had dared to create such a "news channel"? President Obama? Or Clinton? My god the screaming by Republican's and the so called "right" and conservative would by deafening. Just think what Hannity or Rimbaugh would be saying.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
pvjin
Posts: 3614
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:44 pm

Tugger wrote:
Can you imagine the outcry if ANY Dem had dared to create such a "news channel"? President Obama? Or Clinton? My god the screaming by Republican's and the so called "right" and conservative would by deafening. Just think what Hannity or Rimbaugh would be saying.

Tugg


I think the outcry would be pretty similar to this leftist liberals whining here.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:49 pm

Tugger wrote:
Can you imagine the outcry if ANY Dem had dared to create such a "news channel"? President Obama? Or Clinton?


You will like this: https://youtu.be/swcJzacZkWU

Obama impersonator quoting Trump. There is just no way heads on the right hadn't exploded....

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
seb146
Posts: 15357
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:56 pm

pvjin wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Can you imagine the outcry if ANY Dem had dared to create such a "news channel"? President Obama? Or Clinton? My god the screaming by Republican's and the so called "right" and conservative would by deafening. Just think what Hannity or Rimbaugh would be saying.

Tugg


I think the outcry would be pretty similar to this leftist liberals whining here.


No one cares that he has his own channel. The problem is that he dares call it news and real. Kind of like how Fox calls themselves news and fair.

I know, I know: but, but, but.... MSNBC!!!! (does not call themselves news or fair but don't let facts get in the way...)

Also, how much of MY tax dollars are paying for this propaganda?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
pvjin
Posts: 3614
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:52 pm

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:01 pm

seb146 wrote:
No one cares that he has his own channel. The problem is that he dares call it news and real. Kind of like how Fox calls themselves news and fair.

He has every right to call the content whatever he wishes.

seb146 wrote:
Also, how much of MY tax dollars are paying for this propaganda?


Who cares? Here we have an entire huge news organization (YLE news) which is funded through tax money, and they sure as hell aren't objective or unbiased despite the source of their funding.
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Martin Luther King Jr
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:08 pm

pvjin wrote:
seb146 wrote:
No one cares that he has his own channel. The problem is that he dares call it news and real. Kind of like how Fox calls themselves news and fair.

He has every right to call the content whatever he wishes.

seb146 wrote:
Also, how much of MY tax dollars are paying for this propaganda?


Who cares? Here we have an entire huge news organization (YLE news) which is funded through tax money, and they sure as hell aren't objective or unbiased despite the source of their funding.


So you are ok with this kind of propaganda?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
TWA772LR
Posts: 5172
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:26 pm

Dutchy wrote:
pvjin wrote:
seb146 wrote:
No one cares that he has his own channel. The problem is that he dares call it news and real. Kind of like how Fox calls themselves news and fair.

He has every right to call the content whatever he wishes.

seb146 wrote:
Also, how much of MY tax dollars are paying for this propaganda?


Who cares? Here we have an entire huge news organization (YLE news) which is funded through tax money, and they sure as hell aren't objective or unbiased despite the source of their funding.


So you are ok with this kind of propaganda?

His previous a.net avatars include Putin and brief appearances of Kim Jong Un and Trump.
"It's not getting to the land of the nonrev that's the problem, it's getting back." ~~Captain Hector Barbossa
 
User avatar
maortega15
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:28 pm

I don't like any kind of bullshit propaganda. I want REAL news with facts being reported as they happen, not this shit being jammed down our throats on how great he is.

And how the hell does he call all the media outlets fake news when all the outlets are reporting the same shit?! :banghead:

Every time I turn on my computer or open a news app on my phone, it's about Trump this, Trump that and all his tweets. :roll:
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:36 pm

maortega15 wrote:
And how the hell does he call all the media outlets fake news when all the outlets are reporting the same shit?! :banghead:


Because it isn't his news, so he calls it "fake", as simple as that.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
OA412
Crew
Posts: 4224
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:19 pm

The one constant in all this is that no matter how low it sinks, it never scrapes the bottom of the barrel. The phrase "it can't sink any lower" just doesn't apply to this administration. That said, why not just be honest about what they're trying to do with this so-called Trump Real News and just call it Pravda USA?
Dutchy wrote:
maortega15 wrote:
And how the hell does he call all the media outlets fake news when all the outlets are reporting the same shit?! :banghead:


Because it isn't his news, so he calls it "fake", as simple as that.

Bingo! Dan Rather (American Journalist) made a great point on Facebook the other day about this very thing. Trump is in love with the media and all the coverage he gets. He's used the media to his advantage his entire adult life. What he dislikes is being unable to control the narrative.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
LMP737
Posts: 5242
Joined: Wed May 08, 2002 4:06 pm

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:
So you are ok with this kind of propaganda?


Of course he is. It's called confirmation bias.
Never take financial advice from co-workers.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:38 pm

seb146 wrote:
No one cares that he has his own channel. The problem is that he dares call it news and real. Kind of like how Fox calls themselves news and fair.

I know, I know: but, but, but.... MSNBC!!!! (does not call themselves news or fair but don't let facts get in the way...)

Also, how much of MY tax dollars are paying for this propaganda?

Why do you suggest that ANY of your (or our) tax dollars are involved in this (obviously biased) news operation?

Facts, please?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:47 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
No one cares that he has his own channel. The problem is that he dares call it news and real. Kind of like how Fox calls themselves news and fair.

I know, I know: but, but, but.... MSNBC!!!! (does not call themselves news or fair but don't let facts get in the way...)

Also, how much of MY tax dollars are paying for this propaganda?

Why do you suggest that ANY of your (or our) tax dollars are involved in this (obviously biased) news operation?

Facts, please?


Do you have any indications that Trump is paying for this himself? Or perhaps his fund for 2020 campaign. Trump isn't in the habit to pay anything himself, just look at the attorney attained for Donald Trump Jr. paid for by the 2020 campaign. So I think it is an interesting question and why it is broadcast from the Trump tower, perhaps some more rent to collect?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:55 pm

OA412 wrote:
Bingo! Dan Rather (American Journalist) made a great point on Facebook the other day about this very thing. Trump is in love with the media and all the coverage he gets. He's used the media to his advantage his entire adult life. What he dislikes is being unable to control the narrative.

I've seen very little commentary to the effect that it was the media that was the most important element in Mr. Trump being elected.

Even during the primaries, the liberal press (New York Times, Washington Post that I read daily) gave him front page coverage virtually every day. Every lie and stupidity got coverage while his opponents were often ignored (or mentioned in summaries deep within the paper).

Trump knew how to grab the headlines and photo coverage by issuing a steady stream of inanities.

And, while his primary opponents had trouble amassing advertising budgets, Mr. Trump had little need for them since he got a free ride from the gullible free press. His airplane got more coverage than did some of his early opponents.

Now, most of the media (and most posters here) are taking part in a daily feeding frenzy of coloring whatever real news there is to Mr. Trump's disadvantage.

So, Mr. Trump strikes back, from Trump Tower, with his own version of the news. Not much of a surprise, is it?

This, too, will pass.

Mr. Pence, if he replaces Mr. Trump after impeachment, will be less colorful. But almost as bad for the country.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Do you have any indications that Trump is paying for this himself? Or perhaps his fund for 2020 campaign. Trump isn't in the habit to pay anything himself, just look at the attorney attained for Donald Trump Jr. paid for by the 2020 campaign. So I think it is an interesting question and why it is broadcast from the Trump tower, perhaps some more rent to collect?

It doesn't much matter who is paying the bills, just so the money can't be traced to Mr. Trump's own pockets.

His tweet seen in a link above mentions "Paid for by Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.". I don't know if that implies the funding for the "news outlet".

Your comment about collecting rent is probably prescient. One might wonder what Mr. Trump's cut was (or that of his "organization") from the sale of millions of red baseball caps. There are so many ways for him to milk dollars from this golden opportunity.

I hope Mr. Mueller is following the money.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:25 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Do you have any indications that Trump is paying for this himself? Or perhaps his fund for 2020 campaign. Trump isn't in the habit to pay anything himself, just look at the attorney attained for Donald Trump Jr. paid for by the 2020 campaign. So I think it is an interesting question and why it is broadcast from the Trump tower, perhaps some more rent to collect?

It doesn't much matter who is paying the bills, just so the money can't be traced to Mr. Trump's own pockets.

His tweet seen in a link above mentions "Paid for by Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.". I don't know if that implies the funding for the "news outlet".

Your comment about collecting rent is probably prescient. One might wonder what Mr. Trump's cut was (or that of his "organization") from the sale of millions of red baseball caps. There are so many ways for him to milk dollars from this golden opportunity.

I hope Mr. Mueller is following the money.


It would be quite amusing if Trump pays for it from his own pocket, but I simply don't believe it. Most likely "Paid for by Donald J. Trump for President, Inc.", well sported, Bob.

Mr. Trump: “It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it.”
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6864
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:11 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Why do you suggest that ANY of your (or our) tax dollars are involved in this (obviously biased) news operation?

Facts, please?

BobPatterson wrote:
Now, most of the media (and most posters here) are taking part in a daily feeding frenzy of coloring whatever real news there is to Mr. Trump's disadvantage.

So, Mr. Trump strikes back, from Trump Tower, with his own version of the news. Not much of a surprise, is it?

I do know for a fact that my tax dollars are paying his salary and all ancillary costs and that he has spent more time (i.e. tax dollars because: time=money) promoting certain news sites and shows and attacking and decrying as false (and by that attempting to diminish the value of) other news outlets and personnel. This is not something I agree is OK for a sitting president to do. The kinds of presidents I expect that from are not what I elect (they are "strongman presidents" who work to subvert any who oppose them).

Do you support a president openly supporting and promoting certain products and name-specific working to impede and devalue other products? Do you agree it is a wise use of your tax dollars?

Dutchy wrote:
Mr. Trump: “It’s very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it.”

Remember he discussed making a media drive when he was sure he was not going to win. He was positioning to open another branch of the Trump brand and move into media like Rupert Murdoch had.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6864
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:55 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
So, Mr. Trump strikes back, from Trump Tower, with his own version of the news. Not much of a surprise, is it?


Oh, and yes it does surprise me, very much. How do it not at the very least surprise you? I mean that. What other US president has done such a intense and constant attack on the press he disagrees with (and highlighting support for press that essentially favors him)? Who else that is not a foreign strongman president has even attacked the general investigative and press media so much and so intensely to try to either dissuade them from doing so or minimize them and discredit them. While many other president have at one time or another expressed disdain for the press and media or frustration with it, none have done this. The press is a valued part of our democracy, yes it needs to be challenged and balanced but that is a job that the leader of the United States should not focus on. The press is here for the public, not for any president.

That he is not like most (any?) president before him and is a very poor choice for the office (as I have expressed before) is not any valid excuse. (And of course he attacks everything that challenges the President, his power. He has attacked the Congress and Courts too with nothing more than ramblings that some take as meaning something.)

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:38 pm

Tugger wrote:
The press is here for the public, not for any president.


Mr. Trump might not agree with that :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 14686
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 9:55 pm

Dutchy wrote:
So you are ok with this kind of propaganda?


If it's good enough for Vlad, it's good enough for his biggest fan (pvjin, not Trump!)
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:05 pm

Tugger wrote:
I do know for a fact that my tax dollars are paying his salary and all ancillary costs and that he has spent more time (i.e. tax dollars because: time=money) promoting certain news sites and shows.....

According to your line of thinking, the President (or any other employee of government?) has no private life whatever, and every minute of time while in office belongs to the public?

If, out of a 24 hour day, an official spends two hours on personal matters, are you somehow offended?

Is every breath taken by the President subject to your approval?

Tugger wrote:
Do you support a president openly supporting and promoting certain products and name-specific working to impede and devalue other products? Do you agree it is a wise use of your tax dollars?

Would you care to list one or two very specific cases to discuss?

What the President does in his free time does not always involve my (or your) tax dollars.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:17 pm

Tugger wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
So, Mr. Trump strikes back, from Trump Tower, with his own version of the news. Not much of a surprise, is it?


Oh, and yes it does surprise me, very much. How do it not at the very least surprise you?

It is very simple.

Based upon what Mr. Trump has done in the last few years, especially since the beginning of his campaign for office, NOTHING HE DOES surprises me. I expect him to do all manner of stupid things.

As long as he perceives Twitter to be his major method for communicating with "his base", and if he thinks that his favored media outlets such as FOX are not sufficient for getting HIS message to the people, it should be expected that he will attempt to take matters into his own hands.

No thinking person can expect anything different. He is incapable of not acting as he is acting.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6864
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:25 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
According to your line of thinking, the President (or any other employee of government?) has no private life whatever, and every minute of time while in office belongs to the public?

If, out of a 24 hour day, an official spends two hours on personal matters, are you somehow offended?

Is every breath taken by the President subject to your approval?

You do realize that you appear to be attempting to justify your reasoning by taking my response to an absurd extreme? OK.

BobPatterson wrote:
Would you care to list one or two very specific cases to discuss?

Sure, attacking CNN constantly. And advocating for Rimbaugh. In official press events (i.e. works hours).

BobPatterson wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Oh, and yes it does surprise me, very much. How do it not at the very least surprise you?

It is very simple.

Based upon what Mr. Trump has done in the last few years, especially since the beginning of his campaign for office, NOTHING HE DOES surprises me. I expect him to do all manner of stupid things.

As long as he perceives Twitter to be his major method for communicating with "his base", and if he thinks that his favored media outlets such as FOX are not sufficient for getting HIS message to the people, it should be expected that he will attempt to take matters into his own hands.

No thinking person can expect anything different. He is incapable of not acting as he is acting.

Well being that you set the bar on the floor then anything is above it. So since that is your basis then for you it is one thing while for me, where I do place a value and expectation that is greater then the person holding the office alone, I am surprised that it is OK for a president to act like this, that he acts like this. But I understand your point.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3397
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:52 pm

Tugger wrote:
Well being that you set the bar on the floor then anything is above it. So since that is your basis then for you it is one thing while for me, where I do place a value and expectation that is greater then the person holding the office alone, I am surprised that it is OK for a president to act like this, that he acts like this. But I understand your point.

Tugg


I, for one, continue to lower the bar and yet every day this "President" continues to amaze me with his ability to limbo dance below the bar. Today, we have this man threaten North Korea in a way, not uncommon in North Korea. For a US official, it is quite strange and in fact dangerous. After the latest Presidential rant, I wouldn't sleep very well if I was in South Korea or Japan. So I would like to be able not taken this President seriously, but the world has to, this person holds this office and until he is removed - elections or otherwise - the world has to deal with his rants, unfortunately. I genuinely would not be surprised if Donald J. Trump wanted to attack North Korea, just because he felt annoyed or if he felt NK was disrespectful towards Donald J. Trump personally.
I do hope that the US military is sensible and will not execute orders which might jeopardize world peace. I have high hopes of the professionalism of the US defense forces.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:00 am

Tugger wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
According to your line of thinking, the President (or any other employee of government?) has no private life whatever, and every minute of time while in office belongs to the public?

If, out of a 24 hour day, an official spends two hours on personal matters, are you somehow offended?

Is every breath taken by the President subject to your approval?

You do realize that you appear to be attempting to justify your reasoning by taking my response to an absurd extreme? OK.

We differ on what is extreme. Perhaps it is merely that you don't like your statement looked at closely.

Tugger wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Would you care to list one or two very specific cases to discuss?

Sure, attacking CNN constantly. And advocating for Rimbaugh. In official press events (i.e. works hours).

Those are not "products". You spoke about, and I asked about, "products".

Mr. Trump is welcome to say, or have his advocates say, anything he likes about the way the media report about him.

BobPatterson wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Oh, and yes it does surprise me, very much. How do it not at the very least surprise you?

It is very simple.

Based upon what Mr. Trump has done in the last few years, especially since the beginning of his campaign for office, NOTHING HE DOES surprises me. I expect him to do all manner of stupid things.

As long as he perceives Twitter to be his major method for communicating with "his base", and if he thinks that his favored media outlets such as FOX are not sufficient for getting HIS message to the people, it should be expected that he will attempt to take matters into his own hands.

No thinking person can expect anything different. He is incapable of not acting as he is acting.

Tugger wrote:
Well being that you set the bar on the floor then anything is above it. So since that is your basis then for you it is one thing while for me, where I do place a value and expectation that is greater then the person holding the office alone, I am surprised that it is OK for a president to act like this, that he acts like this. But I understand your point.

I haven't set any bar with regard to the Office of the Presidency or the actions of Presidents.

I expect all Presidents to conduct themselves properly. Above all, no lies unless related to national security, and even then, very rarely (Eisenhower and the U2 flights).

I expect all Presidents to be honorable, keeping promises whenever possible.

I expect them to to admit when they are wrong and apologize for errors.

The last President who did not, in general, meet my expectations was Mr. Nixon.

This President (Mr. Trump) is even worse.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6864
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:25 am

BobPatterson wrote:
We differ on what is extreme. Perhaps it is merely that you don't like your statement looked at closely.

Honestly Bob, where on earth did I say or imply that I was going for "24 hours a day"?

BobPatterson wrote:
Mr. Trump is welcome to say, or have his advocates say, anything he likes about the way the media report about him.

Yes, however... but you already stated that you expect essentially anything from Trump since he is unlike other presidents. So that apparently means he can do most anything and it is OK ( at least in your eyes) because you "expect it" of him (it doesn't surprise you so you I guess expect it or vice versus? Your explanation/justification is confusing).

BobPatterson wrote:
I haven't set any bar with regard to the Office of the Presidency or the actions of Presidents.

I expect all Presidents to conduct themselves properly. Above all, no lies unless related to national security, and even then, very rarely (Eisenhower and the U2 flights).

I expect all Presidents to be honorable, keeping promises whenever possible.

I expect them to to admit when they are wrong and apologize for errors.

The last President who did not, in general, meet my expectations was Mr. Nixon.

This President (Mr. Trump) is even worse.

Actually you obviously did "set a bar", otherwise Nixon could not have not met your expectations. You appear to obfuscate and demur and try to say things along the lines of 'Trump is awful an you do not like him', but then go on and excuse things because "that is just who he is". It may be who he is but it does not mean some will not take issue. You take issue with me and how I phrase something, implying that I must mean some extreme version of what I am saying but then in the same breath say we should not do the same for Trump. That is not consistent.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
seb146
Posts: 15357
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:39 am

I wonder if Trump's handlers did this to keep him appeased? He loves himself and seeing himself on TV and thinks he is the greatest. What if there were a network dedicated to how wonderful he is and that network is piped to Trump 24/7?

I am still wondering about how this is funded, too...
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:14 am

Tugger wrote:
Yes, however... but you already stated that you expect essentially anything from Trump since he is unlike other presidents. So that apparently means he can do most anything and it is OK ( at least in your eyes) because you "expect it" of him........

I expect it of him due to his history. I see no reason or hope that he will change his stripes.

That does not mean that I think it is OK or that I excuse or condone his behavior.

I don't think anyone can reasonably say that of me based on my history of posts here.

Mr. Trump and his behavior is beyond the pale. Is that clear enough?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
DIRECTFLT
Topic Author
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:27 am

NPR - The Left has it's News Network, along with MSNBC and CNN, and a host of others.

The Left is like all of the Arab states aligned the one state of Israel, and unhappy it's even there. The Left has all of these surrogate TV Networks, and is unhappy that there's even one for the Right.

It's Amusing.
Smoothest Ride so far ~ AA A300B4-600R ~~ Favorite Aviation Author ~ Robert J. Serling
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6864
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:43 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Mr. Trump and his behavior is beyond the pale. Is that clear enough?

Yes.

DIRECTFLT wrote:
It's Amusing.

What's amusing is that you apparently believe "fake news".

Carry on.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 14158
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:32 am

Tugger wrote:
Can you imagine the outcry if ANY Dem had dared to create such a "news channel"?


Why would they need to? They already have CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, etc...
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
EA CO AS
Posts: 14158
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2001 8:54 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:35 am

BobPatterson wrote:
I hope Mr. Mueller is following the money.


His job was to look for Russian involvement; anything outside that is beyond the scope of his mandate.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem - government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

Comments made here are my own and are not intended to represent the official position of Alaska Air Group
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 9:44 am

EA CO AS wrote:
Tugger wrote:
Can you imagine the outcry if ANY Dem had dared to create such a "news channel"?


Why would they need to? They already have CNN, MSNBC, The New York Times, etc...


You need to understand the difference between a politically biased media outlet, which have always existed, and a state-sponsored outlet which is a mouthpiece for the President himself, which has never existed before in the US and only exists elsewhere in autocratic and populist regimes.

Not to mention that Trump supporters seem to deem every outlet that is critical of Trump a 'democratic' or 'liberal' one.
I'm sure you'd find they wouldn't be so critical of him if he didn't constantly fly int he face of commons sense, facts and the truth...

EA CO AS wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
I hope Mr. Mueller is following the money.


His job was to look for Russian involvement; anything outside that is beyond the scope of his mandate.


His mandate is to look for Russian involvement in the Trump campaign effort. Any involvement is going to encompass financial dealings, necessarily. And it doesn't help that the Trump businesses have been doing shady financial deals with Russian oligarchs and companies close to the Russian state and Putin himself for the last few decades.

He is very much in his right to look at Trump's financial data, despite what your new favorite news channel would tell you.

And if he is as successful and honest a businessman as he claims to be, what has he got to hide?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5497
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:48 am

Thx for the links.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5758
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:06 pm

It's nothing more than a poorly run propaganda program.

Those that watch it are probably mostly hoping for a wardrobe malfunction of the female host.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
photopilot
Posts: 3101
Joined: Mon Jul 15, 2002 11:16 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:14 pm

WOW, so let's see now......

Fake News is ungood, and now Real News is Double-plus-ungood.

Orwell would be so proud!
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Trump Real News TV Debuts

Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:13 pm

EA CO AS wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
I hope Mr. Mueller is following the money.


His job was to look for Russian involvement; anything outside that is beyond the scope of his mandate.

Read items (b), (ii) and (iii) in the authorization letter, especially:

"any matters that arose or may arise directly from the investigation"

Very broad scope.....follow the evidence no matter where it takes you.

The order appointing Mr. Mueller:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/201 ... ussia.html
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: einsteinboricua, ElPistolero, Osubuckeyes, PhilBy and 3 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos