af773atmsp
Topic Author
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:10 am

http://www.startribune.com/blast-invest ... 438715693/

Thankfully no one was hurt. FBI is investigating who did it and why. This is in my part of town and I've gone by this mosque plenty of times. While the neighborhood is older and poorer, I haven't felt unsafe there.
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72

SY, DL, FI, FL, BA, EI, NW, MG, DY, EZY, F9, WN

MSP, BOS, JFK, DCA, LAX, SAN, MCO, RSW, PIE, ATL, DTW, PSP, ORD, MDW, MKE, MCI, IND, NAS, KEF, LHR, MUC, OSL, BOO, CPH, HEL, BUD, AMS, EDI, DUB
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7735
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:46 am

I haven't heard this from Trump. Wonder why?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:28 am

BestWestern wrote:
I haven't heard this from Trump. Wonder why?

Why should you expect to?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7735
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 3:27 am

Radical Terrorist attack against a religious minority.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:15 am

BestWestern wrote:
Radical Terrorist attack against a religious minority.

Well, who did it, and why, has not yet been determined. Maybe just some nut job or even an uptight non-terrorist Christian.

In any event, there are probably a dozen or more heinous acts committed daily throughout the country.

Do you expect the President to comment about all of them?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7735
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:17 am

If a CHRISTIAN church was IED'd don't you think he'd be tweeting?
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:20 am

BestWestern wrote:
If a CHRISTIAN church was IED'd don't you think he'd be tweeting?

He might, if someone told him about it. He might do so in this case, too.

But wondering why you haven't heard anything yet directly from the President mystifies me.

Have you heard from anyone not in Minnesota yet?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15357
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:34 am

Trump's people are promoting religious freedom. Not Islam, of course. When righties say "religious freedom" they are talking about how oppressed the Christians are in the United States. Keeping that in mind, if this were a Christian who did this because they don't want "those people" here, wouldn't this bombing be an act of religious terrorism?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
BartSimpson
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:00 am

IED? What the hell is an IED? When I was young, we just said "bomb".

Is this constant use of TLAs (Three-Letter Abbreviations) some flawed political correctness or just showing off?
 
Airstud
Posts: 3458
Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2000 11:57 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:00 am

BartSimpson wrote:
IED? What the hell is an IED? When I was young, we just said "bomb".

Is this constant use of TLAs (Three-Letter Abbreviations) some flawed political correctness or just showing off?


If you're actually asking, IED is Improvised Explosive Device.

Which I don't think we know for certain that this was.

Lots of people on this thread are jumping to conclusions instead of waiting for the investigation to unfold.
Pancakes are delicious.
 
User avatar
cpd
Posts: 5050
Joined: Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:46 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:14 am

BobPatterson wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
Radical Terrorist attack against a religious minority.

or even an uptight non-terrorist Christian.


Well, if one of them was responsible for this, it would make him/her/it a terrorist.
 
User avatar
BartSimpson
Posts: 219
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:52 am

Airstud wrote:
BartSimpson wrote:
IED? What the hell is an IED? When I was young, we just said "bomb".

Is this constant use of TLAs (Three-Letter Abbreviations) some flawed political correctness or just showing off?


If you're actually asking, IED is Improvised Explosive Device.


It was a rhetorical question, actually. I read the newslink.

It's just so laughable to use these wordings. Why couldn't they just say "bomb"? If it was one, then it's almost self-explanatory that the "exploding device" was not off the shelf, but of course be kind of "improvised".
 
AntonioMartin
Posts: 156
Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:58 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Sun Aug 06, 2017 12:27 pm

seb146 wrote:
Trump's people are promoting religious freedom. Not Islam, of course. When righties say "religious freedom" they are talking about how oppressed the Christians are in the United States. Keeping that in mind, if this were a Christian who did this because they don't want "those people" here, wouldn't this bombing be an act of religious terrorism?

Correctomundo! As Christian as I am-and Im not saying a Christian did it but-I hate when people say all Muslims for example are terrorists. There is, Christian terrorism as well, you know...the KKK...so yes it would be religious terrorism.
 
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7735
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:36 pm

So attack on muslims = fake liberals did it.

America is accelerating towards implosion.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
maortega15
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:52 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:53 pm

BestWestern wrote:
So attack on muslims = fake liberals did it.

America is accelerating towards implosion.

The irony is it's going to be the mf'er in the White House that's going to get us all killed.
 
af773atmsp
Topic Author
Posts: 2133
Joined: Mon Aug 28, 2006 1:37 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:36 am

Its not outside the possibility that it was a fake hate crime. At a college in southern Minnesota a note was left on a black woman's windshield saying something about stop talking and the n-word. Turned out to be fake. However, lets wait until the investigation concludes instead of assuming what happened.

Meanwhile members of the community are giving support:
http://www.startribune.com/hundreds-of- ... 439316613/
DC10-40,MD88,A319,A320,A332,717,722,733,737,738,752,ATR-72

SY, DL, FI, FL, BA, EI, NW, MG, DY, EZY, F9, WN

MSP, BOS, JFK, DCA, LAX, SAN, MCO, RSW, PIE, ATL, DTW, PSP, ORD, MDW, MKE, MCI, IND, NAS, KEF, LHR, MUC, OSL, BOO, CPH, HEL, BUD, AMS, EDI, DUB
 
Jetty
Posts: 293
Joined: Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:30 am

BestWestern wrote:
Radical Terrorist attack against a religious minority.

Possibly coming from a religious minority even.... You do realize the vast majority of terrorist acts against Muslims are committed by other Muslims?
 
dragon-wings
Posts: 4019
Joined: Fri Apr 06, 2001 4:55 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Wed Aug 09, 2017 4:53 am

And still not a word about this from Trump or the white house.
Don't give up don't ever give up - Jim Valvano
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2890
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:04 am

dragon-wings wrote:
And still not a word about this from Trump or the white house.

There has been word:

"Sebastian Gorka, a White House national security adviser interviewed Tuesday on MSNBC, said the president wants to wait to comment on the incident until he learns more about it."

Maybe not what people want to hear.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
coolian2
Posts: 2328
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:37 am

There has been word. Clinically insane words.
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/CRJ-700/-900
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:45 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Maybe not what people want to hear.


like the left wing faking it....

Trump has no problem condemning alleged Islamic terror strikes even before facts are in, or to make one up if it suits him. There is no two ways about it, Trump is a supporter of terrorism against Muslims.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
seb146
Posts: 15357
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: IED Explodes at Twin Cities Mosque

Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:50 pm

Jetty wrote:
BestWestern wrote:
Radical Terrorist attack against a religious minority.

Possibly coming from a religious minority even.... You do realize the vast majority of terrorist acts against Muslims are committed by other Muslims?


In Muslim countries like Pakistan and Iraq. But, in the United States, attacks on Muslims are committed by Christians.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Osubuckeyes, PhilBy, Tugger and 3 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos