Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

jetero
Topic Author

Trumpian Crystal Ball

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:40 pm

So a little more than halfway through the year and it's getting better by the day.

What are people's predictions for what will happen by the end of the year? (Besides more constant winning, of course.)

I personally don't think the Mueller investigation will be complete, but I think Trump will keep on alienating himself with congressional Republicans. I'll go out on a limb and predict Trump leaves the Republican Party and starts his own. Probably ends up calling it the "People's Party" or something to that effect.

BobPatterson

Re: Trumpian Crystal Ball

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:31 am

Depends. If Mr. Trump is found guilty of charges of impeachment, he is not only diismissed from office, but he is also forever barred from holding any office of honor, trust or profit under the United States.

Ken777

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:21 am

When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was Left one?

n terms of looking to the future I have no doubt that Impeachment is in the future. No honorable (and there are many) will not tolerate 4 years of Trump's crap. That is going to be well on the way by the end of 2017, if not already over.

The Kill Obamacare Act(s0 will be failing as more and more Americans learn how much they will loose and any significant tax cuts are already dead. Trump's Tax Cut wet dream will result in an increase in the deficit of about $5 trillion. No way.

I believe that Trump will also fail this year in the infrastructure investments. He should have told. Governors and Mayors to start building their list in his Inaugural Address and repeated it every week. Silence on this area is an indication of failure for the year.

International Relations will also continue to be a flop, but trump may actually grow a pair when it comes to Putin. But then maybe not.

Possible achievements? Trump could go to a real barber shop and get rid of his Fur-Fru hair styling and also stop with the Lady Clairol #5 hair coloring, Bob Patterson should send the name of his barber.

WarRI1

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:53 am

Ken777 wrote:
When I saw the title of this thread my first thought was Left one?

n terms of looking to the future I have no doubt that Impeachment is in the future. No honorable (and there are many) will not tolerate 4 years of Trump's crap. That is going to be well on the way by the end of 2017, if not already over.

The Kill Obamacare Act(s0 will be failing as more and more Americans learn how much they will loose and any significant tax cuts are already dead. Trump's Tax Cut wet dream will result in an increase in the deficit of about $5 trillion. No way.

I believe that Trump will also fail this year in the infrastructure investments. He should have told. Governors and Mayors to start building their list in his Inaugural Address and repeated it every week. Silence on this area is an indication of failure for the year.

International Relations will also continue to be a flop, but trump may actually grow a pair when it comes to Putin. But then maybe not.

Possible achievements? Trump could go to a real barber shop and get rid of his Fur-Fru hair styling and also stop with the Lady Clairol #5 hair coloring, Bob Patterson should send the name of his barber.

There are no words to describe this bizarre state of affairs. The Mooch will be the end of Trump and his team. :melting: :melting:

einsteinboricua

Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:58 am

I'm looking into the crystal ball...I see a dark figure. There's a number coming...oh, the figure is getting closer and moving violently. Alas, this is what I see:

seb146

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:07 am

He has alienated so many people, but there are still those who will stand by him no matter what. I think he will end up pi*sing off enough Republicans in both chambers of Congress that he will be a lame duck until the mid-terms, then all hell will break loose...

ltbewr

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:10 am

There is no doubt a major crises will occur by the end of this year. It could be a major stock market crash (likely in October as happened before in history) a major hurricane hitting a populated area (like Katrina with New Orleans), a significant terror act in the USA like at the Boston Marathon or the San Bernidino mass shooting, or NK launching a missile that hits SK or Japan. Any of those things or others are going to happen and Trump is so incompetent, has so few people in place in the appropriate agencies, it will mean horrible decisions and dealing with them.
I also expect more leaks and good investigative reporting as to Trump's finances, taxes and his and his staff's contacts with Russian President Putin and financing from the Russian Oligarchs.
For sure some of Trump's top staff will either be fired in power plays or quit in disgust, corruption, fear of being involved in his horrible policies.
The public may finally turn against Trump and be even more hostile to him over terrible policies as to destorying health care access, the enviroment, not producing jobs and so on that it may mean facing Impeachment.

CanadaFair

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:00 am

Financial crisis in 1987, 1998, 2008 so is it a ten-year thing?

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:12 am

Ken777 wrote:
Bob Patterson should send the name of his barber.

Dammit, you nearly made me choke on my coffee :-)

Mr. Trump would probably not like my barber.

1. She is an opinionated female.

2. She is from Bosnia.

3. She doesn't suffer fools in her chair.

Two weeks ago I suggested altering my "style" to look a bit more like Trump on the sides. She suggested two other barbers who might help me.

Next time I'll ask her if she would do Trump's hair. But not until she's done with my haircut.

Dutchy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:42 am

Next half year? More bullshit from the White House, more being entertained. Nothing will be done to help Americans in a real way. American's position in the world will be more undermined. I see no impeachment in the next half year.

jetero
Topic Author

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:31 pm

Well I was hoping he was going to tweet this AM, "John McCain needs to hurry up and die" to see if that would make any dent into the delusionally blind 40%, but alas.

jetero
Topic Author

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:04 am

Over/under on Kelly's tenure?

WaPo seems to think Rex is at risk and McMaster and Mattis are in conflict.

As long as we can keep the real stars, Betsy "Publishers Clearing House" DeVos and Rick "What Department Am I Head of Again" Perry.

treetreeseven

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:11 am

jetero wrote:
Well I was hoping he was going to tweet this AM, "John McCain needs to hurry up and die" to see if that would make any dent into the delusionally blind 40%, but alas.

I think the slavering never-never-Trump horde is about 25%, personally. Maybe 30%.

jetero
Topic Author

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:12 pm

treetreeseven wrote:
jetero wrote:

I think the slavering never-never-Trump horde is about 25%, personally. Maybe 30%.

I hope you're right!

seb146

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:33 pm

Someone made a post in one of these Trump threads basically insisting that "liberals" got Trump elected. I should have jumped on it then, but there were thousands of warning signs from "liberals" as to why NOT to install Trump. From his taco salad pic proving he loves the Mexicans to mocking a disabled reporter to his love of American manufacturing while wearing Chinese made clothes to his comments about murder. That comment in one of these threads just really bothered me. This one seemed the most appropriate to place this rant. I tried to let it go but I can not any longer...

ER757

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:17 pm

It's just going to be SSDD

More firings/resignations (LOTS more)
More asinine tweets
More incoherent ramblings in interviews
More conflicts of interest
More un-fulfilled promises

Lather, rinse, repeat

And Congress won't get anything done either because the two sides are too pig-headed and stubborn to cross the aisle and actually work with each other to try and get results.
I wish someone actually would come in and drain the swamp but alas, our system is too badly broken to expect a fix.

lugie

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:41 pm

I think there will be a few more heads rolling.
Sessions likely, Scaramucci too might be gone quicker than he came. If he really dares to fire Mueller he'll probably start a constitutional crisis with an unpredictable outcome.

Apart from that I highly doubt there will be impeachment proceedings this year. I could imagine two scenarios, but they would both be going down next year or later:
If Republicans feel things are going bad in the race for the Midterms (likely scenario could be something like an incredibly incompetent response to a natural disaster that turns even more constituents against Trump and therefore those Republicans who still support him) they might finally ditch him, or, if Democrats win big in the midterms, they might just try whenever they please (could be immediately if they believe they have something on him or they might wait until the 2020 race so they can savor calling him out on his incompetence for a longer time and use it for campaigning).

In terms of daily business: More vulgar tweets, desecration of the office, boisterous speeches, implicit support for fringe groups,...
Also FWIW I believe that if another SC justice leaves office Trump won't get his nominee passed.

jetero
Topic Author

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:27 pm

lugie wrote:
I think there will be a few more heads rolling.
Sessions likely, Scaramucci too might be gone quicker than he came.

Well done Lugie, you've got the first correct prediction in the thread!

jetwet1

Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:45 pm

Holy crap, 11 days, it only cost him his wife as well.