Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

seahawk
Topic Author

The Success of President Donald Trump

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:26 am

President Trump achieved another big win for America today, by convincing Foxconn to open a new factory in Wisconsin instead of Asia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple ... SKBN1AB258

That is a lot of jobs and a big investment and shows the value of "Made in America" under a strong president.

tommy1808

Re: The Success of President Donald Trump

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:40 am

Awesome. I guess many people will open manufacturing plant in the US if the US tax payer pays half the bill.

And the story is inconsistent. Three billion are supposed to be the handout to Foxconn and they are supposed to be half the investment and development costs, so total investment would be 6 billion, not 10.

There is also the little tit bit that given Trumps track record those jobs will never happen, just like all the other "saved" jobs of his, that never materialize.

Carrier started laying of people this month i think, the new Ford Plant goes to China instead of Mexico, and not to the US.

best regards
Thomas

Kiwirob

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:45 am

And yesterday he announced no trans people would be allowed to serve in the military, about the only sensible things he's done so far in his term.

tommy1808

Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:47 am

Kiwirob wrote:
And yesterday he announced no trans people would be allowed to serve in the military, about the only sensible things he's done so far in his term.

if you drop the "only" and replace "sensible" with illegal, you got it right.

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:11 am

seahawk wrote:
President Trump achieved another big win for America today, by convincing Foxconn to open a new factory in Wisconsin instead of Asia.

That is a lot of jobs and a big investment and shows the value of "Made in America" under a strong president.

Supermen Trump :D

Kiwirob

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:56 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

best regards
Thomas

What's illegal about it, it was illegal before Obama allowed it, now Trump is reverting back to how it was before.

tommy1808

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:10 am

Kiwirob wrote:
What's illegal about it, it was illegal before Obama allowed it, now Trump is reverting back to how it was before.

It is a violation of basic human rights and was just as illegal before Obama.

best regards
Thomas

maortega15

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:48 am

And stabs them in the back. :roll:

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:51 am

Kiwirob wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Yes, let's bring back slavery. I mean, that's no reason in itself. But, Rob, what is sensible about this. Should gay's and lesbians be outlawed again in the US military? Ah well, two steps forward, one step back, I guess.

Never sees to amaze me, on one hand, the Republicans are against government meddling with personal issues and on the other hand, will do anything to block LGTB community, including banning by the government, mostly on religious grounds. Yeah, the land of the free....

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:53 am

If that counts as a win, then you can add Trump donating his salary of $100,000 to the Department of Education (while stripping it of $9B funding). Praise republican Jesus!
maortega15 wrote:

Yep. Between Trump and his little elvish klansmen Sessions, who he's trying to off anyway, the LGBT community can definitely expect Trump fighting for them: against them at every turn.

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:56 am

maortega15 wrote:

Off course he does. He steps anyone in the back if it suits him. Look at the attorney general, Sessions, he was the first senator to back Trump, Trump pisses all over him. At this moment I will not be surprised if there was a tweet:
signing laws in the White House #sad

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:59 am

seahawk wrote:

Oh BTW, do you really think Trump personal had the glancing argument? 10bn or 6bn investment and 3bn of subsidies and all done within 6 months. Or may I dare to suggest that Trump is taking credit for something he didn't do?

seahawk
Topic Author

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:21 am

Would the bestest president since ever, lie?

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:41 am

seahawk wrote:
Would the bestest president since ever, lie?

Not according to the best president that ever lived.

maortega15

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:05 am

And now I'm reading he's even throwing his own youngest son under the bus.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-quips- ... 25517.html

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:26 am

maortega15 wrote:
And now I'm reading he's even throwing his own youngest son under the bus.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-quips- ... 25517.html

Oh dear, you never know if Trump actually means it or not.

BestWestern

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:33 am

Trump is great. China is now seen as a world leader.

If he continues, so will Zimbabwe.

maortega15

Thu Jul 27, 2017 9:52 am

BestWestern wrote:
Trump is great. China is now seen as a world leader.

If he continues, so will Zimbabwe.

So we have Mugabe, Erdogan, Putin, Duterte, Assad and Trump praises all of them.

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:14 am

You can add Viktor Orbán and Beata Szydło to that list.

einsteinboricua

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:38 am

Kiwirob wrote:

Ironic how someone who dodged the draft is now telling us who can and cannot serve in uniform. I suppose you didn't don your country's uniform?

If the toughest and bravest individuals we have are so concerned about transgenders sharing facilities with them, I fear what happens when they're all on the war front.

tommy1808

Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:13 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Ironic how someone who dodged the draft is now telling us who can and cannot serve in uniform. I suppose you didn't don your country's uniform?.

He is transgernder himself, and what to retroactively explain why he didn´t serve....

best regards
Thomas

MaverickM11

Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:53 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Ironic how someone who dodged the draft is now telling us who can and cannot serve in uniform. I suppose you didn't don your country's uniform?

If the toughest and bravest individuals we have are so concerned about transgenders sharing facilities with them, I fear what happens when they're all on the war front.

Ultimately it had nothing to do with principles, or even generals. Initially I assumed it was the neanderthal Christians behind the ban, but it in fact was just horse trading for his monument to stupidity: the wall. And like everything else in Trump's life: women, contracts, employees, children, principles, Attorneys General--transgendered people were disposable if he could get his tiny hands on what he wanted.

BawliBooch

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:02 pm

seahawk wrote:

Burnol moment for anti-neshnul Pseudos & Commies!

All Heil our Supreme Leader! Lets make America Great Again!

tommy1808

Thu Jul 27, 2017 2:35 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Ultimately it had nothing to do with principles, or even generals. Initially I assumed it was the neanderthal Christians behind the ban, but it in fact was just horse trading for his monument to stupidity: the wall. And like everything else in Trump's life: women, contracts, employees, children, principles, Attorneys General--transgendered people were disposable if he could get his tiny hands on what he wanted.

since it will safe somewhere between 2 and 7 mill US$ to do, he could just stay in the WH for 2 to 6 weeks. But of course he can not do that, since he needs to skim of the US Taxpayer by going to his Hotels and play golf.

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:00 pm

The Pentagon isn't acting on Tweets, so they will not implement the no-transgender rule. And, as I understand it, senators aren't very pleased as well. So probably nothing will happen.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:37 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

best regards
Thomas

What if I would like to transition from a man to a cat? Should I be allowed to serve in the military as a pretend cat or is that a violation of feline rights?

'trans' gender is not possible given the current scope of science. People who believe they are something other than physical reality are mentally ill.

einsteinboricua

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:42 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
Should I be allowed to serve in the military as a pretend cat or is that a violation of feline rights?

The day a cat graduates high school and can have a reasonable conversation at a human level is the day I will support your decision to be transcat and join the military. Otherwise, why would we risk allowing a human to dumb itself down to a cat's intelligence when it can't even follow orders? A transgender is still human, still retains the same level of intellect, and can follow orders as well as the next person. Try to come up with a better analogy.

Varsity1 wrote:
'trans' gender is not possible given the current scope of science. People who believe they are something other than physical reality are mentally ill.

I suppose you have your MD and/or PhD credentials to make such a statement, right?

BobPatterson

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:44 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
Awesome. I guess many people will open manufacturing plant in the US if the US tax payer pays half the bill.

And the story is inconsistent. Three billion are supposed to be the handout to Foxconn and they are supposed to be half the investment and development costs, so total investment would be 6 billion, not 10.

There is also the little tit bit that given Trumps track record those jobs will never happen, just like all the other "saved" jobs of his, that never materialize.

Carrier started laying of people this month i think, the new Ford Plant goes to China instead of Mexico, and not to the US.

You are misreporting or misunderstanding what the article says:

"He told reporters at the White House the state legislature will need to approve the $3 billion incentives package. About half is for capital costs and nearly half for workforce development. There are also some sales tax exemption incentives."

Half the incentives are for capital costs and half the incentives are for workforce development. Neither (alone or combined) represents half of anything else.

Also, none of it represents "U.S. Taxpayer" money. It is all state and local funds.

Get your facts straight.

seb146

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:49 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

You are misreporting or misunderstanding what the article says:

"He told reporters at the White House the state legislature will need to approve the $3 billion incentives package. About half is for capital costs and nearly half for workforce development. There are also some sales tax exemption incentives."

Half the incentives are for capital costs and half the incentives are for workforce development. Neither (alone or combined) represents half of anything else.

Also, none of it represents "U.S. Taxpayer" money. It is all state and local funds.

Get your facts straight.

When did Wisconsin become an independent nation? I ask that because you claim no U.S. Taxpayer money is going to this project.

Get your facts straight.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:51 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
Should I be allowed to serve in the military as a pretend cat or is that a violation of feline rights?

The day a cat graduates high school and can have a reasonable conversation at a human level is the day I will support your decision to be transcat and join the military. Otherwise, why would we risk allowing a human to dumb itself down to a cat's intelligence when it can't even follow orders? A transgender is still human, still retains the same level of intellect, and can follow orders as well as the next person. Try to come up with a better analogy.

Varsity1 wrote:

I suppose you have your MD and/or PhD credentials to make such a statement, right?

Cutting off my genitals and injecting myself with estrogen doesn't make me a woman. It makes me a crazy man pretending to be a woman.

seb146

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:51 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

Varsity1 wrote:

Cutting off my genitals and injecting myself with estrogen doesn't make me a woman. It makes me a crazy man pretending to be a woman.

Have you ever talked to anyone who is actually real trans? Not this Caitlyn Jenner BS but a real, actual transgender person? No? Go talk to them. Do research.

BobPatterson

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:54 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
What if I would like to transition from a man to a cat? Should I be allowed to serve in the military as a pretend cat or is that a violation of feline rights?

This is a wonderful example of inanity piled on top of inanity.

The scope of science is broad, encompassing all of the natural universe. Perhaps you mean the current state or knowledge of science in some particular area?

As for judging who is mentally ill, I should probably be well advised to leave that determination to professionals in the medical field. But as a layman, and speaking only for myself, I think your last sentence might possibly be the product of a deranged mind. It would be interesting to hear from professionals about this one point. Who knows, a psychiatric panel might determine that it is I who needs help and not you. But I wouldn't bet on that outcome.

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:55 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

best regards
Thomas

There are no homo's either, right?

BobPatterson

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:01 pm

seb146 wrote:
When did Wisconsin become an independent nation? I ask that because you claim no U.S. Taxpayer money is going to this project.

Get your facts straight.

U.S. Taxpayers pay Federal Taxes. No Federal Taxes are involved here (at least so far as the report goes).

Wisconsin citizens are also U.S. Citizens who pay state (Wisconsin) and local taxes.

We almost never have a problem distinguishing between State and Federal monies even when, ultimately, they come from the same pockets..

Even you are capable of understanding this.
Last edited by BobPatterson on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetero

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:02 pm

Varsity1 wrote:

Yes! It would obviously suit your mental capacity, and, better yet, cats can't vote! (Or were you going for a different meaning of cat?)

Varsity1 wrote:
'trans' gender is not possiblegiven the current scope of science. People who believe they are something other than physical reality are mentally ill.

Thanks, "Doctor" Varsity1, for clearing that up for everyone! (Liberty University Class of 2016?)

BobPatterson

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:06 pm

Dutchy wrote:
The Pentagon isn't acting on Tweets, so they will not implement the no-transgender rule. And, as I understand it, senators aren't very pleased as well. So probably nothing will happen.

Good point. They will no doubt begin to plan responsive action after official orders (not tweets) are issued. And there will no doubt be foot-dragging while Congress and the nation gets involved in the debate.

In the meantime, one more item to add to the Trump Lies listing.

Get out the popcorn.

Dutchy

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:09 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Get your facts straight.

U.S. Taxpayers pay Federal Taxes. No Federal Taxes are involved here (at least so far as the report goes).

Wisconsin citizens are also U.S. Citizens who pay state (Wisconsin) and local taxes.

We almost never have a problem distinguishing between State and Federal monies even when, ultimately, they come from the same pockets..

Please, Bob, it is a mute point, really. Taxes are taxes, you are right that it will not go through the US Treasury, but still, it is public money and that was the point.

bhill

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:38 pm

Kiwirob wrote:

Pretty chickenshit statement Kiwirob.....tell that to Kristin Beck...and that would be Senior Chief Petty Officer Beck...retired Seal Team 6

http://www.businessinsider.com/kristin- ... ban-2017-7

luckyone

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:38 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

The scope of science is broad, encompassing all of the natural universe. Perhaps you mean the current state or knowledge of science in some particular area?

As for judging who is mentally ill, I should probably be well advised to leave that determination to professionals in the medical field. But as a layman, and speaking only for myself, I think your last sentence might possibly be the product of a deranged mind. It would be interesting to hear from professionals about this one point. Who knows, a psychiatric panel might determine that it is I who needs help and not you. But I wouldn't bet on that outcome.

I'm a psychiatrist, licensed in two different states. Being transgender on its own is not considered a mental illness. They can have mental illnesses just like every other identifiable group of people. There is quite a bit of research with data pointing to the fact the gender is more than just the bits in between your legs. In the simplest terms I'm able to conjure, and perhaps Doc can explain it better, with regards to the development of gender, one isn't just born a boy or a girl. Gender doesn't begin to develop until several weeks into pregnancy, and there are structures in all conceptions that have to basically either be "turned off" or "turned on" and depending on what sequence of offs and ons results in how those structures develop into things like testes or ovaries--again this is a very simplistic explanation of hundreds of pages of embryology. Having gone through medical school and studied all of this, it is not hard for me to understand that there can be variances in this development. Neurological development has multiple factors as well, and also includes these variances. Transgender individuals can, if allowed...., function well. Part of the problem with respect to the discussion about transgender issues is that very often these people are seen as disturbed due to the fact that they aren't understood. Security is a crucial part of development. They are also often not accepted or treated well in their homes, and often end up on the street, at which point they behave like any other delinquent because like everyone else they need proper parenting.
Last edited by luckyone on Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bhill

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:40 pm

jetero wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

Yes! It would obviously suit your mental capacity, and, better yet, cats can't vote! (Or were you going for a different meaning of cat?)

Varsity1 wrote:
'trans' gender is not possiblegiven the current scope of science. People who believe they are something other than physical reality are mentally ill.

Thanks, "Doctor" Varsity1, for clearing that up for everyone! (Liberty University Class of 2016?)

Uhuh...and yer ass could be shot up with chemical hormones......change your "beliefs" right quick...

jetero

Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:47 pm

luckyone wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

I'm a psychiatrist, licensed in two different states. Being transgender on its own is not considered a mental illness. They can have mental illnesses just like every other identifiable group of people. There is quite a bit of research with data pointing to the fact the gender is more than just the bits in between your legs. In the simplest terms I'm able to conjure, and perhaps Doc can explain it better, with regards to the development of gender, one isn't just born a boy or a girl. Gender doesn't begin to develop until several weeks into pregnancy, and there are structures in all conceptions that have to basically either be "turned off" or "turned on" and depending on what sequence of offs and ons results in how those structures develop into things like testes or ovaries--again this is a very simplistic explanation of hundreds of pages of embryology. Having gone through medical school and studied all of this, it is not hard for me to understand that there can be variances in this development. Neurological development has multiple factors as well, and also includes these variances. Transgender individuals can, if allowed...., function well. Part of the problem with respect to the discussion about transgender issues is that very often these people are seen as disturbed due to the fact that they aren't understood. Security is a crucial part of development. They are also often not accepted or treated well in their homes, and often end up on the street, at which point they behave like any other delinquent because like everyone else they need proper parenting.

Now don't go making Varsity's head explode by making him think!

(What an appropriate screenname for someone who probably peaked in high school.)

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:02 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Sure there are. Homosexuals acknowledge the true reality of being attracted to the same sex, nothing crazy about that. 'Trans' people are exhibiting the most basic cognitive dissonance about their own physical state.

Gay: "I am a man, attracted to other men"

Trans: "I am not a man, I am a 'woman' attracted to men, "trapped" in a mans body. You might be attracted to men, but you are physically a man. Doesn't matter how much genital mutilation you accomplish or hormones you inject.

BobPatterson

Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:30 pm

luckyone wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

Thank you, Doctor, for this reasoned response. We need much more of it around here.

seb146

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:44 pm

Varsity1 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Varsity1 wrote:

Sure there are. Homosexuals acknowledge the true reality of being attracted to the same sex, nothing crazy about that. 'Trans' people are exhibiting the most basic cognitive dissonance about their own physical state.

Trans: "I am not a man, I am a 'woman' attracted to men, "trapped" in a mans body. You might be attracted to men, but you are physically a man. Doesn't matter how much genital mutilation you accomplish or hormones you inject.

So all these people who look down at their genitals every day, all day and think "this is not right, this is not what I want, this is not who I am" are just... what? And, at the end of the day, how does that make your life worth any less?

seb146

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:47 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Get your facts straight.

I also understand that corporations ask for grants, subsidies, and tax breaks from the federal government for things. So, at the end of it all, we are paying.

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:07 am

seb146 wrote:
I also understand that corporations ask for grants, subsidies, and tax breaks from the federal government for things. So, at the end of it all, we are paying.

While it is possible that such thing might happen, it is not part of the discussion now. There is no hint of Federal money for this project in Wisconsin.

Why is it always so impossible for you to admit it when you are wrong?

jetero

Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:10 am

Varsity1 wrote:

Oh Varsity. Plenty of transgender gays and lesbians out there. Not that you would know. How does your expert mind explain that?

seb146

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:03 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

While it is possible that such thing might happen, it is not part of the discussion now. There is no hint of Federal money for this project in Wisconsin.

Why is it always so impossible for you to admit it when you are wrong?

This is one of those times where there is no right or wrong. Read the fine print of this agreement. Is Foxconn being wooed here with tax breaks? What is Foxconn? Where do they get their money?

Look at the Carrier deal. So much winning there. Similar issue.

WarRI1

Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:14 am

I would have thought that this plant most certainly would have been built in coal country, not in Wisconsin. That would most certainly helped the out of work miners that Trump made all those promises to. Now that would have been a success for Trump among the miners anyway. I find the word success does not really fit Trump so far as far as real accomplishments go. An alternate reality so far from him and his followers. Sick people have surely not seen a thing to help them. A wonderful plan he promised and as usual it is bullshit.

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:03 am

seb146 wrote:
Read the fine print of this agreement. Is Foxconn being wooed here with tax breaks? What is Foxconn? Where do they get their money?

Post a link to it or cite the document and I will be happy to read the fine print.

What is the URL?