Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

tommy1808

Re: The Success of President Donald Trump

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:39 am

seb146 wrote:
Where do they get their money?.

From Reagans altruistic trickle down tax cuts. The trickled down to Taiwanese and Chinese workers, making their lives somewhat better, at the expense of putting US workers out of a job.

From Bush Juniors endorsement of direct investments in communist Vietnam, giving US companies even more opportunity to get american workers to lose their Job.

At least the GOP is consistent, they support whatever kills US jobs. Hence their 1 Trillion "Kill the poor and help exporting jobs" program, called the "Better Care (for the economy of dictatorships) Reconciliation Act".

best regards
Thomas

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 28, 2017 5:50 am

seb146 wrote:
What is Foxconn? Where do they get their money?

From Wikipedia:

"Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., trading as Foxconn Technology Group, is a multinational electronics contract manufacturing company headquartered in New Taipei City, Republic of China (Taiwan). Foxconn is the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, and the third-largest information technology company by revenue."

They have more than 1 million employees around the world.

Don't be afraid to use Google. It is your friend.

Kiwirob

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:03 am

bhill wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
And yesterday he announced no trans people would be allowed to serve in the military, about the only sensible things he's done so far in his term.

Pretty chickenshit statement Kiwirob.....tell that to Kristin Beck...and that would be Senior Chief Petty Officer Beck...retired Seal Team 6

http://www.businessinsider.com/kristin- ... ban-2017-7

He chopped his dick off after he retired, that's a totally different can of worms. What you do when you leave is your business.

Kiwirob

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:10 am

Dutchy wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

if you drop the "only" and replace "sensible" with illegal, you got it right.

best regards
Thomas

What's illegal about it, it was illegal before Obama allowed it, now Trump is reverting back to how it was before.

Where did anyone mention slavery, talk about jumping to insane conclusions, and basic human rights that's a load of bullshit as well, self mutilation is not a basic human right.

Yes, let's bring back slavery. I mean, that's no reason in itself. But, Rob, what is sensible about this. Should gay's and lesbians be outlawed again in the US military? Ah well, two steps forward, one step back, I guess.

Never sees to amaze me, on one hand, the Republicans are against government meddling with personal issues and on the other hand, will do anything to block LGTB community, including banning by the government, mostly on religious grounds. Yeah, the land of the free....

I've never been able to work out why LGB people want to have anything to do with the T lot, it's a completely different issue.

Dutchy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:15 am

Kiwirob wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

What's illegal about it, it was illegal before Obama allowed it, now Trump is reverting back to how it was before.

Where did anyone mention slavery, talk about jumping to insane conclusions, and basic human rights that's a load of bullshit as well, self mutilation is not a basic human right.

Yes, let's bring back slavery. I mean, that's no reason in itself. But, Rob, what is sensible about this. Should gay's and lesbians be outlawed again in the US military? Ah well, two steps forward, one step back, I guess.

Never sees to amaze me, on one hand, the Republicans are against government meddling with personal issues and on the other hand, will do anything to block LGTB community, including banning by the government, mostly on religious grounds. Yeah, the land of the free....

I've never been able to work out why LGB people want to have anything to do with the T lot, it's a completely different issue.

Well, ask them.

seb146

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:02 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

From Wikipedia:

"Hon Hai Precision Industry Co., Ltd., trading as Foxconn Technology Group, is a multinational electronics contract manufacturing company headquartered in New Taipei City, Republic of China (Taiwan). Foxconn is the world's largest contract electronics manufacturer, and the third-largest information technology company by revenue."

We tell you the same thing about Google when you tell us we are wrong and you still insist you are right.

Also: Taiwan is getting my money???? WTF???

seb146

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:04 am

Kiwirob wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

We want to be inclusive. We hate each other secretly, but we include everyone who supports us. Because we don't care what consenting adults do with each other. It's called small government. Try it. You might like it.

tommy1808

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:11 am

seb146 wrote:

Well, at least Taiwan is a democracy and an ally. So it makes sense somehow. They also somehow can afford universal single payer healthcare.......

China and Vietnam on the other hand are not exactly philosophical allies ...

best regards
Thomas

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:33 am

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

From Wikipedia:

We tell you the same thing about Google when you tell us we are wrong and you still insist you are right.

Are you really so dumb that you don't know where your money goes?

Do you ever read the labels on products that you buy, take notice of "Manufactured in _________________" or "Assembled in ____________ from parts imported from ___________" ?

Golly, Gee, the keyboard I'm typing on was made in CHINA !!!

WHOA boy! I thought Dell was in Round Rock, TEXAS, USA

seb146

Fri Jul 28, 2017 7:58 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
From Wikipedia:

Are you really so dumb

Okay... you are done. I give you the benefit of the doubt with every thread but you get to this point and I can't.

Use google. Get some knowledge. Read.

seb146

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:02 am

tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Well, at least Taiwan is a democracy and an ally. So it makes sense somehow. They also somehow can afford universal single payer healthcare.......

best regards
Thomas

I don't care who is a democracy. I don't want my American tax dollars going to a foreign company. I see how business works. Workers in Wisconsin get however much an hour and the big profits go to a few suits. That is how many companies work. If this one is profit sharing, great. But I doubt it.

Dutchy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:11 am

seb146 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

I don't care who is a democracy. I don't want my American tax dollars going to a foreign company. I see how business works. Workers in Wisconsin get however much an hour and the big profits go to a few suits. That is how many companies work. If this one is profit sharing, great. But I doubt it.

Probably not. I don't believe in these corporate incentives, it will only shift work, not create additional work. And will only distort the market place.

tommy1808

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:16 am

seb146 wrote:
I don't care who is a democracy. I don't want my American tax dollars going to a foreign company.

Technically they go to your companies and their owners, which chose to rather spend them on giving business or setting up local production facilities in foreign countries.

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:20 am

tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
I don't care who is a democracy. I don't want my American tax dollars going to a foreign company.

Technically they go to your companies and their owners, which chose to rather spend them on giving business or setting up local production facilities in foreign countries.

best regards
Thomas

Yup. It's to lower the total cost and so it will make them more competitive and thus more profitable.

Freakysh

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:29 am

Love how people stick with their political party and defend them to the core. They are all scum, yet people think their side is better than the other. So many intellectuals on here.

scbriml

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:37 am

Even more winning for Trump last night. :rotfl:

seb146

Fri Jul 28, 2017 8:52 am

Freakysh wrote:
Love how people stick with their political party and defend them to the core. They are all scum, yet people think their side is better than the other. So many intellectuals on here.

Here is the problem:

One side insists that people do not need health care, food, housing, or anything because they can afford it on their own. The other side understands that people can not afford any of that on their own so they need government to help out with things like minimum wage and rent control.

You start off on the premise that "liberals" hate what you want. If you read my posts (I do not speak for anyone else) I am glad that there are American jobs being created for now. My issue is the profits going off shore. Again. And "patriots" defend it.

tommy1808

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:01 am

seb146 wrote:
One side insists that people do not need health care, food, housing, or anything because they can afford it on their own. The other side understands that people can not afford any of that on their own so they need government to help out with things like minimum wage and rent control..

which also makes the separation easier.... the first group is a bunch of human rights violators, the latter group stands on the ground of law.

best regards
Thomas

Freakysh

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:37 am

tommy1808 wrote:
seb146 wrote:
One side insists that people do not need health care, food, housing, or anything because they can afford it on their own. The other side understands that people can not afford any of that on their own so they need government to help out with things like minimum wage and rent control..

which also makes the separation easier.... the first group is a bunch of human rights violators, the latter group stands on the ground of law.

best regards
Thomas

lol

Such delusion

tommy1808

Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:45 am

Freakysh wrote:
lol

Such delusion

yup.. lots of delusion on the side of Evil...

This is the legally binding declaration of Human rights:

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... index.html

You may want to read it. Especially the parts about food, education, healthcare, standard of living......

Denying that is exactly the same as Iran denying religious freedom.

best regards
Thomas

Freakysh

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:01 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
lol

Such delusion

yup.. lots of delusion on the side of Evil...

This is the legally binding declaration of Human rights:

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... index.html

You may want to read it. Especially the parts about food, education, healthcare, standard of living......

Denying that is exactly the same as Iran denying religious freedom.

best regards
Thomas

Oh my :lol:

tommy1808

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:04 am

Freakysh wrote:

i know, folks like you hate the rule of law.

best regards
Thomas

Freakysh

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:08 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Folks like me?

Can you clarify what kind of folk I am? :scratchchin:

tommy1808

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:29 am

Freakysh wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Folks like me?

People that think all sides are equally bad, when in fact one is an enemy of humanity and the others isn't.

Best regards
Thomas

Freakysh

Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:34 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Freakysh wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:

best regards
Thomas

Folks like me?

People that think all sides are equally bad, when in fact one is an enemy of humanity and the others isn't.

Best regards
Thomas

You've lost me, what's that got to do with me hating the rule of law?

jetero

Fri Jul 28, 2017 3:42 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
bhill wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
And yesterday he announced no trans people would be allowed to serve in the military, about the only sensible things he's done so far in his term.

Pretty chickenshit statement Kiwirob.....tell that to Kristin Beck...and that would be Senior Chief Petty Officer Beck...retired Seal Team 6

http://www.businessinsider.com/kristin- ... ban-2017-7

He chopped his dick off after he retired, that's a totally different can of worms. What you do when you leave is your business.

You seem to have an irrational fixation on other peoples' genitalia and what they may do with them. Did you suffer from nightmares during the John Wayne Bobbitt affair?

You needn't worry, Kiwirob, nobody's going to chop off your wee wee.

LMP737

Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:05 am

seahawk wrote:
President Trump achieved another big win for America today, by convincing Foxconn to open a new factory in Wisconsin instead of Asia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple ... SKBN1AB258

That is a lot of jobs and a big investment and shows the value of "Made in America" under a strong president.

Airbus opened a production line in the USA under President Obama. Are you going to give him credit for that?

treetreeseven

Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:52 am

But the deal with Foxconn, the Taiwanese electronics supplier, comes with a heavy price tag for Wisconsin taxpayers: $3 billion in state tax credits that dwarf the typical incentive package companies receive from local governments.

[...] Over all, the subsidies for the Foxconn plant, which would produce flat-panel display screens for televisions and other consumer electronics, equal $15,000 to $19,000 per job annually.

That compares with $2,457 per year in the usual incentive arrangement, according to Timothy J. Bartik, a senior economist at the W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research in Kalamazoo, Mich. The new Foxconn jobs are expected to have an annual salary of at least $53,000 plus benefits, according to Mr. Walker.

[...] If Foxconn lives up to its investment commitment and receives the full $3 billion tax break, it will be the fourth-largest incentive deal in United States history, according to Greg LeRoy, executive director of Good Jobs First, a nonpartisan nonprofit research group in Washington that tracks economic development subsidies.

“We can only describe this as a gift from Wisconsin taxpayers to Foxconn shareholders,” Mr. LeRoy said. “This is a guaranteed loser for the state.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/27/busi ... idies.html

Quite the winning deal :sarcastic:

treetreeseven

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:00 am

Varsity1 wrote:
Trans: "I am not a man, I am a 'woman' attracted to men, "trapped" in a mans body. You might be attracted to men, but you are physically a man. Doesn't matter how much genital mutilation you accomplish or hormones you inject.

[citation needed]

BestWestern

Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:40 am

So, in effect a free year salary for each staff taken on by the company.

Cheaper than china.

Dutchy

Sun Jul 30, 2017 6:38 pm

Putin, Responding to Sanctions, Expels 755 U.S. Diplomats

MOSCOW — President Vladimir V. Putin announced on Sunday that 755 American diplomats would be expelled from Russia by Sept. 1, escalating the tensions between Washington and Moscow.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/30/worl ... elled.html

So much for the promised better relationship.

So another campaign promise down.

einsteinboricua

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:07 pm

Dutchy wrote:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/30/world/europe/russia-sanctions-us-diplomats-expelled.html

Ah, but Trump has not stamped his signature on it yet. With this retaliation I wouldn't be surprised if Trump balks and either allows it to become law without his signature or he vetoes it (even though it'll be overridden). If the latter, I expect an attack on Democrats ("a Democrat-led bill is harming our relation with Russia...Democrats can't get over that they lost. SAD!") while keeping quiet about Republicans. Recent polls have shown that Republicans view Russia in better light than ever before. Of course, when Putin is the symbol of White Christianity in Russia, why wouldn't they admire him when they want someone similar here?

BobPatterson

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:35 am

Dutchy wrote:

MOSCOW — President Vladimir V. Putin announced on Sunday that 755 American diplomats would be expelled from Russia by Sept. 1, escalating the tensions between Washington and Moscow.

Except that, in this case, it is not Mr. Trump who is responsible for the deteriorating relationship, but the Congress.

I'm all for the sanctions imposed by Congress. And I'm all for Mr. Trump leaving the Presidency.

But it is not fair, in this single instance, to blame Mr. Trump.

What blows my mind is: what on earth are 1,200+ State Department personnel doing in Russia? Russia only has about 455 people in the USA after we kicked about about 35.

The forced reduction of our people in Russia is just to match that number, 455, that remain.

I can't believe that such a level of staffing is necessary, even when you consider that, in addition to handling visas, etc., we have people supposedly serving as commercial attaches, military attaches, and staff for various kinds of exchange programs. Why do we need twice as many people as the Russians need?

I've tried to find data showing the number of diplomatic (State Department) postings that we have for each country around the world, and have been unable to find it on the Internet.

moo

Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:56 am

BobPatterson wrote:
I can't believe that such a level of staffing is necessary, even when you consider that, in addition to handling visas, etc., we have people supposedly serving as commercial attaches, military attaches, and staff for various kinds of exchange programs. Why do we need twice as many people as the Russians need?

Bear in mind that the US consulate presence in Russia acts as a hub for the region - a lot of the regions visa applications are passed on to the staff in Russia to be handled, so you will find a disproportionate staffing level in Russia when compared to other countries.

alfa164

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:11 am

BestWestern wrote:
Trump is great. China is now seen as a world leader.
If he continues, so will Zimbabwe.

He is rapidly turning the USA into another Zimbabwe... :roll:

Seriously, doesn't he know that some things - once broken - cannot be fixed? Climate change comes immediately to mind... Trump is a narcissistic prima donna.

seb146

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:21 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Except that, in this case, it is not Mr. Trump who is responsible for the deteriorating relationship, but the Congress.

Except it was Trump and his cohorts who met with Russians and Trump himself said at a rally that Russia should hack Hillary The only thing Congress has done is continue sanctions against Russia and investigate alleged illegal activity by Trump and his group.

BobPatterson

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:23 am

moo wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Bear in mind that the US consulate presence in Russia acts as a hub for the region - a lot of the regions visa applications are passed on to the staff in Russia to be handled, so you will find a disproportionate staffing level in Russia when compared to other countries.

Very interesting, if true.

Do you think that citizens of neighboring countries have to travel to a USA office in Russia for visa interviews? That doesn't sound even feasible to me.

Having paperwork that is completed "in country" routed through Moscow (as an example) after background checks have been conducted locally would not require much manpower in Russia.

When I was working on accounting operations at the Peace Corps, our world-wide system of payments for overseas goods and services were processed through about 20+ State Department regional service centers. I don't know what the organization is like today but, back in the early 90s, I think all of our activity in Russia and the ~15 recently independent states was handled through the Embassies in Bonn, Rome, and elsewhere, but not in Russia. Things might be quite different today.

moo

Mon Jul 31, 2017 4:40 am

BobPatterson wrote:
moo wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Very interesting, if true.

Do you think that citizens of neighboring countries have to travel to a USA office in Russia for visa interviews? That doesn't sound even feasible to me.

Having paperwork that is completed "in country" routed through Moscow (as an example) after background checks have been conducted locally would not require much manpower in Russia.

It would if the decision making process is done in Russia. Interviews can still be conducted in individual countries, but the background checks, confirmations and evidence shifting can be centralised.

The UK uses this model all over the place - certain countries act as hubs for the region, interviews are still conducted in individual countries but the actual decisions are made centrally. It actually allows for an overall reduction in senior, trained immigration officials as you don't need them spread out over individual countries, just the lower trained interviewers (who are often locals themselves).

Bear in mind that the UK doesn't use this model everywhere - it uses a variant on the model in India (three main processing centres in India, but most decisions are made centrally in one location) and throws the model out completely for some countries (Nigeria, for instance...) - but where it does use the model, it works well.

DIRECTFLT

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:04 am

Dutchy wrote:
The Pentagon isn't acting on Tweets, so they will not implement the no-transgender rule.

But Planned Parenthood is forging the way ahead regardless:

Planned Parenthood to Toddlers: 'Your Genitals Don't Make You a Boy or a Girl'

http://www.weeklystandard.com/planned-p ... le/2008976

Dutchy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:10 am

So how about infrastructure. Trump promised a massive investment in this: $ 1.000billion, all I can see is a cut ($ 630million) in train service and the closure 220 train stations, leaving 23 states without any train service and yet more and more people use the train in the US.

LMP737

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:34 pm

DIRECTFLT wrote:
But Planned Parenthood is forging the way ahead regardless:

Planned Parenthood to Toddlers: 'Your Genitals Don't Make You a Boy or a Girl'

http://www.weeklystandard.com/planned-p ... le/2008976

Is this what keeps you up at night?

910A

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:47 pm

BobPatterson wrote:

What blows my mind is: what on earth are 1,200+ State Department personnel doing in Russia? Russia only has about 455 people in the USA after we kicked about about 35.

The forced reduction of our people in Russia is just to match that number, 455, that remain.

I've tried to find data showing the number of diplomatic (State Department) postings that we have for each country around the world, and have been unable to find it on the Internet.

Most of those 1200 are Russian locals doing support work.

The U.S. Embassy in Russia has been unable to provide exact numbers on the number of staff it employs in Russia. But according to a 2013 review by the State Department, of 1,200 employees of the American Mission in Moscow, 333 were U.S. nationals and 867 were foreign nationals, many of them probably local Russian support staff, including drivers, electricians, accountants and security guards. That would suggest that the majority of the 755 who must be cut would not be expelled from the country.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/pu ... 16f671a021

910A

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:53 pm

seahawk wrote:
President Trump achieved another big win for America today, by convincing Foxconn to open a new factory in Wisconsin instead of Asia.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-apple ... SKBN1AB258

That is a lot of jobs and a big investment and shows the value of "Made in America" under a strong president.

Beware of Foxconn, check with Pennsylvania about Foxconn's history of broken pledges.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business ... 771a679cf2

In 2013, Foxconn’s chairman sent a jolt through this state capital when he said his company — best known for making Apple iPhones in China — would invest $30 million and hire 500 workers for a new high-tech factory in central Pennsylvania.Locals were giddy. Foxconn had a small office here, but this seemed like the start of an entire new industry. Pennsylvania’s governor boasted about the deal. The Brookings Institution think tank hailed Foxconn’s decision as a sign of U.S. manufacturing’s strength.

But the factory was never built. The jobs never came. “It just seemed to fade to black” after the announcement, recalled a local official. It was the start of a mystery, created by a chief executive known to promise projects all over the world that never quite pan out. Yet few people seem to notice. Foxconn and others continue to get credit for deals that never take place. In December, Pennsylvania’s economic development staff was still touting the $30 million factory that never was.

Dutchy

Mon Jul 31, 2017 5:54 pm

Yup, but this will have an impact on operations there.

jmdc861

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:16 pm

You've got to be kidding ?!!!!

rfields5421

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:35 pm

seb146 wrote:
I also understand that corporations ask for grants, subsidies, and tax breaks from the federal government for things.

Very seldom does a corporation get any tax breaks from the federal government. Too much legislation, public hearings and such necessary to special tax rates.

Grants and subsidies are also very difficult to obtain at the federal level unless the company is participating in a program like alternative fuels, solar power, etc.

It is practically impossible to get a specific federal level assistance for a company for building a new factory.

-------------------------

The biggest tax breaks that companies look for and receive come on the local level in the form of reduced property taxes and sales taxes. Heck, Walmart is likely the biggest recipient of that type of tax break. They routinely ask for, and receive, a 10-15 year exemption from local (city, county, school district) property taxes whenever they build a new store. And if the original tax reductions are not renewed after 10 or 15 years, they frequently close that store and open a new one just across the city limits in a town which will give them that tax break.

In Texas, where a single family home valued at $200,000 can expect to pay near $15,000-20,000 per year in property taxes, Walmart can save enough in five years with a 90% reduced tax bill to pay for building the store. So basically one 10 year tax break can pay for building that store, and most of the cost of building a replacement in the neighboring town.

Another tax 'break' that companies seek when building a new factory is an exemption from unemployment taxes. Basically the state guarantee's unemployment benefits for the employees. Makes it easier to get unemployment because the company doesn't waste time/ money fighting unemployment claims. They have no financial stake in the former employee receiving unemployment.

rfields5421

Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:48 pm

BobPatterson wrote:

Russia is one of several countries that hires no local national employees for their diplomatic missions.

They bring their own cooks and janitors from Russia to the US.
Many countries find it cheaper to bring people from the home country to the US rather than pay US wage rates. Others have security concerns about hiring local citizens to work in their embassies/ etc.

The US on the other hand almost always hires three to four local nationals to do non-diplomatic work at their facilities.

Some of the 1,200 'State Department' personnel are DOD officers engaged in treaty verification duties, some are Commerce employees, some are Department of Agriculture employees, etc.

---------------------------------

Second point, last thing I read about three years ago is that there are about 3,000 Russian's in the US as diplomats - most working for the UN. Several times the US has caught UN employees from Russia and other nations engaged in questionable activity. If we expel them, the other country always expels US actual diplomats.

When comparing staff sizes, other countries always count every American in the country even remotely connected to the US government, but do not count any of their staff in the US working for the UN.
Last edited by rfields5421 on Tue Aug 01, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DocLightning

Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:34 am

Kiwirob wrote:

You know, if I thought it were a productive use of my time, I'd go searching back through your posts to quote some of the truly vile and disgusting things you have said about LGB people in the not-so-distant past, but I have better things to do.

That said, my point is that you view LGB people with bigotry, hatred, and fear. It's pathetic to see a grown man behave with such a lack of self-awareness. So spare me your "I don't understand why LGB people...." You'd just as soon watch us all drop dead. None of my trans or otherwise nonbinary friends would ever say anything like the vitriol you like to spew about our community.

For the rest of the posters who may not understand, we are a community. There's a fair amount of overlap between LGB issues and transgender issues. Ours is a community of inclusion when it comes to sexual minorities. We stand together for all of our rights. I am very cisgendered, but kindness and decency need not be limited by gender.

Jetty

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:43 am

At least I hope the trans people fired from the militairy will be allowed to work at the new Foxconn factory. Then everybody is winning!

Dutchy

Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:45 am

Ah well, the transgender issue is over, yet another proposal burned: Coast Guard Still Supports Transgender Troops, Commandant Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/01/us/p ... roops.html

So the commander in chief doesn't even have the support of his generals. Hopefully, they do their own thinking when it comes to "orders" from Trump. Sending nukes, Mr. President, no I don't think so...........