Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

apodino
Topic Author

Sean Spicer Resignes as Press Secretary

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Plenty of web articles to back this up. This just illustrates how dysfunctional this White House is. Between this, and Trump badmouthing Sessions this week, in addition to all the other baggage, I am really worried. If the executive branch cannot function because of dysfunction, it cannot be good for this country. I didn't vote for Trump, and a lot of my fears are true. What now?

Mods I fat fingered the title. Can we fix the spelling on Resign in the thread title please.
Last edited by apodino on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MSPbrandon

Re: Sean Spicer Resignes as Press Secretary

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:48 pm

Not suprising...

jetero

Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:57 pm

Reince is next

Dutchy

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:12 pm

Which poor sool did they find to take his place, or are they just going to leave it at that. Press conferences of 140 characters and that's it.

Carp12c

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:25 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Which poor sool did they find to take his place, or are they just going to leave it at that. Press conferences of 140 characters and that's it.

Trump's pick for Communications Director is Anthony Scaramucci, who is a New York Financier. He would have been Spicer's boss and Spicer was reportedly not down with that power structure. This move is also a blow to Reince Priebus as well. Here is a New York Times article with the news.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/21/u ... cebook.com

Francoflier

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:41 pm

It would be getting quite hilarious if it wasn't so tragic...

Trump continues to generate a massive amount of horse manure and then blames everyone around him for not being able to fix the clusterf#%ks he creates.
So he gets rid of them or pushes them out and replaces them with more aggressive and more 'loyal' servants who then get on with the task of fixing the unfixable.

The man is caricaturally oblivious to his own incompetence and ignorance. To borrow a few words from his own diminutive vocabulary; he's a complete disaster.

Dutchy

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:48 pm

Carp12c wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Trump's pick for Communications Director is Anthony Scaramucci, who is a New York Financier. He would have been Spicer's boss and Spicer was reportedly not down with that power structure. This move is also a blow to Reince Priebus as well. Here is a New York Times article with the news.
https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/07/21/u ... cebook.com

Ah, another drain the swamp job, you know, no Wallstreet guys...................

So here you have the reason why he is appointed: "Mr. Scaramucci, who founded the global investment firm SkyBridge Capital and is a Fox News Channel contributor, is known for his spirited on-air defense of Mr. Trump, but he also enjoys good relationships with journalists from an array of outlets, including those the president has labeled “fake news.”"

And another reason why the Trump administration will be in trouble: "During the transition, Mr. Trump had planned to appoint Mr. Scaramucci, a 52-year-old Harvard Law graduate from Long Island, as director of his office of public liaison, but the offer was pulled at the request of Mr. Priebus over concerns about Mr. Scaramucci’s overseas investments."

Oh boy, they never learn.

ltbewr

Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:53 pm

Spicer was pretty much a goner anyway, notice he hasn't done any press conferences for a month or more. Guess they didn't like his difficulties in lying for Trump and fending off the media. He may be one of the lucky ones. Guess SNL will have to find another person to mock.

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:15 pm

Fine tuned machine!

Dutchy

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:24 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Fine tuned machine!

Are they done winning yet? :D

MaverickM11

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:37 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Fine tuned machine!

Feels like it! Does Scaramucci replace him or the Huckabee that looks like she was dropped on her face as a baby? Just trying to get in the republican spirit of berating women for their looks...

einsteinboricua

Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:49 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Just trying to get in the republican spirit of berating women for their looks...

But remember, it's also just locker room talk...you're safe!

As for Spicey leaving, I have one thing to say:

socalgeo

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:39 pm

I'm starting to get the sense that you people don't like President Trump on this forum.

SAD

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:44 pm

socalgeo wrote:
I'm starting to get the sense that you people don't like President Trump on this forum.

SAD

I'd be willing to bet that Mr. Trump would be liked very much in this forum.

It's in the White House that he is not liked.

dtw2hyd

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:07 pm

I guess Spicey failed the loyalty test. He still has some soul left. Sad part his close friends (WH press core) didn't cut him any slack knowing he is in a tough position.

einsteinboricua

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:13 pm

socalgeo wrote:

SAD

bgm

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:14 pm

It looks like the Huckabeast is taking over as Press Secretary.

bgm

Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:15 pm

socalgeo wrote:

SAD

Your excellent powers of observation are duly noted.

OA412

Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:24 pm

Dutchy wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
Fine tuned machine!

I, for one, am so sick and tired of all this winning. It's just so much. OMG winning all the time...

CaliAtenza

Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:07 pm

socalgeo wrote:

SAD

Uh duh. So troll on back to Russia now okay ;)

seb146

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:02 am

I almost felt bad for Spicer. He kept trying to guide the press toward what Russia... er... I mean "Trump" wanted to say. He couldn't get anything done his way, Trump's way, Russia's way... Nothing worked. The press still wanted to ask their own questions about their own stories. What a horrible thing to do. So much transparency and openness with the American people. If only Obama had done that....

TWA772LR

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:31 am

Spicer wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but look at who he had to defend. I have *a little* sympathy for him. Someone once said Trump's Press Secretary wold be defending the undefendable, they were right.

If I were Spicer, I'd go buy a house on a beach or in the mountains to lay low and retire.

Dutchy

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:12 am

TWA772LR wrote:
Spicer wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed, but look at who he had to defend. I have *a little* sympathy for him. Someone once said Trump's Press Secretary wold be defending the undefendable, they were right.

If I were Spicer, I'd go buy a house on a beach or in the mountains to lay low and retire.

If I were him, I would write a book about: my 6 months in the loonie house on Pansalvenia avenue.

seahawk

Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:45 am

Shows just a wonderful leader president Trump is. He has no problems replacing people who he feels are not doing a good job for the American people. Next on the are Sessions and Mueller. Such a wonderful and strong leadership can only be applauded. #great #awesome #MAGA

Aesma

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:29 pm

Trump being ineffective is a good thing in my book.

Unless it gets him to the point of starting WW3, that is.

I've been listening to a business radio for a few months now, having some money in the (French) market, and all the commentators, fund managers, etc., are saying that the US market is overvalued and will explode soon. Part of that bubble was created by Trump's election and his inability to deliver tax cuts. The most avid defenders of US stocks are bearish. Some indicators are not making any sense, not helping things, like unemployment being at its lowest ever without wages increasing as a consequence, short term rates going up while long term rates go down, etc.

Channex757

Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:35 pm

Trump's latest outing on Twitter makes for interesting reading for anyone watching from the sidelines. He's borderline hysterical now, trying to drag everything including the kitchen sink (with Hillary sat in it) into the public discourse.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... p-campaign

Someone really needs to try and get him away from social media as sooner or later he'll drop the biggest stinker possible that even the Republican conference in Congress can't ignore.

What will be his next diversionary stunt? A trip in AF1 to Area 51?

Dutchy

Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:18 pm

Channex757 wrote:
Trump's latest outing on Twitter makes for interesting reading for anyone watching from the sidelines. He's borderline hysterical now, trying to drag everything including the kitchen sink (with Hillary sat in it) into the public discourse.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/201 ... p-campaign

Someone really needs to try and get him away from social media as sooner or later he'll drop the biggest stinker possible that even the Republican conference in Congress can't ignore.

What will be his next diversionary stunt? A trip in AF1 to Area 51?

Ah well, now we know there aren't any aliens there, or Trump would have tweeted: "met the aliens today, they are tremendous, loved me and gave me the biggest parade."

seb146

Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:40 pm

seahawk wrote:
Shows just a wonderful leader president Trump is. He has no problems replacing people who he feels are not doing a good job for the American people. Next on the are Sessions and Mueller. Such a wonderful and strong leadership can only be applauded. #great #awesome #MAGA

This is the most hysterically funny post about this I have seen! Thank you for the good laugh and you owe me a monitor for the spit-take I just did with my coffee...

seb146

Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:02 pm

Does anyone remember all the years we heard from the right about how Obama was not being transparent and how Obama was blocking access from the media and the American people? Anyone? And with Spicer and Huckabee blocking access to the entire current administration, no one on the right is batting an eye. Just applauding when another lackey is dismissed. Saying how ungrateful and not trustworthy and horrible they are. And the righties believe that.

BobPatterson

Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:07 pm

seb146 wrote:
Does anyone remember all the years we heard from the right about how Obama was not being transparent and how Obama was blocking access from the media and the American people? Anyone? And with Spicer and Huckabee blocking access to the entire current administration, no one on the right is batting an eye. Just applauding when another lackey is dismissed. Saying how ungrateful and not trustworthy and horrible they are. And the righties believe that.

How on earth can you claim that Spicer and Huckabee block access to the entire administration when nearly the entire administration leaks like a sieve?

And the head of the administration constantly tell us what is happening in 140+ byte bites?

jetwet1

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:05 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

How on earth can you claim that Spicer and Huckabee block access to the entire administration when nearly the entire administration leaks like a sieve?

And the head of the administration constantly tell us what is happening in 140+ byte bites?

That is very true, which makes the lock downs on the daily press briefings even the more amazing.

seahawk wrote:

Please, just go troll somewhere else, you posts used to be slightly original and even once or twice...No make that once, amusing to read, now they have just degenerated into trolling which in the form you have taken, isn't even amusing let alone inflammatory.
Last edited by jetwet1 on Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:07 pm

So much for new material on SNL. Darn.

seb146

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:28 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

Anything you say, Bob. Anything you say...

http://deadline.com/2017/07/reporter-st ... 202131667/
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 861199336a

ER757

Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:36 pm

White House Press Secretary is a job with a short shelf life. Few last an entire term of the sitting POTUS. It is a truly thankless job and while Spicer wasn't close to one of the best at it, I do empathize somewhat with him. He had a pretty tall order trying to spin the BS that comes from Trump's mouth and thumbs into anything remotely positive or factual. Huckabee-Sanders won't fare much better I'm afraid. And this new communications chief......nice job of draining the swamp Don, how many ex-Wall Street cronies are in the administration now???

einsteinboricua

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:23 pm

ER757 wrote:
nice job of draining the swamp Don, how many ex-Wall Street cronies are in the administration now???

Rachel Maddow had a challenge for the viewers. What is the collective name for an administration full of Goldman Sachs employees?

I suggested "portfolio" and "wallet".

BobPatterson

Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Crony Capitalists

treetreeseven

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:42 pm

11725Flyer wrote:

I cannot WAIT for South Park to come back. This is a national situation, we need all hands on deck to help with critical satire duties.

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:56 pm

treetreeseven wrote:
11725Flyer wrote:

I cannot WAIT for South Park to come back. This is a national situation, we need all hands on deck to help with critical satire duties.

I forgot about South Park. Time to rev up the DVR.

Caryjack

Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:53 am

treetreeseven wrote:
11725Flyer wrote:

I understand that South Park will not feature Trump in the upcomming season. One of the principles said he was tired of looking like SNL.
http://www.businessinsider.com/south-pa ... ody-2017-6
Thanks,
Cary

WarRI1

Sun Jul 23, 2017 2:05 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
ER757 wrote:
nice job of draining the swamp Don, how many ex-Wall Street cronies are in the administration now???

Rachel Maddow had a challenge for the viewers. What is the collective name for an administration full of Goldman Sachs employees?

I suggested "portfolio" and "wallet".

I consider them a shadow government. Nothing can be done now in DC without Goldman Saks being involved.

seahawk

Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:23 am

seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

This is the most hysterically funny post about this I have seen! Thank you for the good laugh and you owe me a monitor for the spit-take I just did with my coffee...

Humour is the only way to deal with this administration. All other options are too frustrating.

MaverickM11

Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:46 am

Scaramucci seems like a halfway decent human-like being; makes you wonder what he's doing with this administration. Of course he's gone and deleted all the sensible, intelligent tweets in preparation of joining the circus...

seb146

Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:33 pm

Apparently, not all of Scaramucci's entries were not deleted in time

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the ... 22aa5260ac

jetero

Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:33 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
Scaramucci seems like a halfway decent human-like being; makes you wonder what he's doing with this administration. Of course he's gone and deleted all the sensible, intelligent tweets in preparation of joining the circus...

Favorite line this far (paraphrased), "If you're listening, Sarah, keep the hair and makeup folks you had on Friday."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washin ... Xw1XCg_1:0

11725Flyer

Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Caryjack wrote:
treetreeseven wrote:
11725Flyer wrote:

I understand that South Park will not feature Trump in the upcomming season. One of the principles said he was tired of looking like SNL.
http://www.businessinsider.com/south-pa ... ody-2017-6
Thanks,
Cary

If that's true, it's too bad. Shows that parody the current administration, and even news stations critical of Trump (MSNBC) have seen higher ratings.

Carp12c

Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:39 pm

seahawk wrote:
seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Humour is the only way to deal with this administration. All other options are too frustrating.

Humor indeed and it's a good segway into this one. Has anyone seen Futurama, specifically a Season 4 episode titled "Futurestock"? It basically has this guy who was frozen in the 1980s due to him having this crazy disease called Boneitis. What is so funny about this is how suspiciously familiar Anthony Scaramucci and "80's Guy" look and how this thing is taking the internet by storm. Check out this WAPO Article about it, it has some really funny tweets in the article.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/mor ... aceb8c2307

AM744

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:43 pm

11725Flyer wrote:

I'm willing to bet Sanders will be mocked by the same actress.

einsteinboricua

Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:26 am

I loved this video from the Tonight Show

Sean Spicer will survive