User avatar
1337Delta764
Topic Author
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 pm

I was wondering, are there any colors of clothing that you consider to be non-seasonal (that is, colors that don't really represent either Spring or Fall fashion)? I know that Spring usually includes colors such as pinks and bright or light greens and other bright and pastel colors, while Fall usually includes darker, earthy, more neutral colors such as dark oranges and charcoal grays. Note that I am not referring to holidays, but the two major fashion seasons (Spring and Fall).

I would probably say bright red, medium blue, navy blue, white, and black don't really fit into either of the two major fashion seasons (although some would probably argue that white would be a Spring color and black would be a Fall color). Although I wear Fairy Tale pink year-round, there is no denying that pink is typically a Spring color and that is the season when major fashion companies typically sell their pink clothing.

What do you think?
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.
 
Kiwirob
Posts: 10883
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 2:16 pm

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 pm

I don't worry, I wear whatever colour I want, whenever i want. The notion of seasonal colours is long gone.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3194
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Color me seasonless. Business dress is not seasonal.

Mufti should suit personalities. If it feels good, wear it.

Or be a slave to the opinion of others.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Topic Author
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
I don't worry, I wear whatever colour I want, whenever i want. The notion of seasonal colours is long gone.


As stated, I wear Fairy Tale pink year round, however, there is no denying that the fashion companies consider certain colors to be part of a seasonal collection. For example, whenever IZOD comes out with something in Fairy Tale it is always released with the Spring collection and never with the Fall collection.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.
 
Okie
Posts: 3742
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:30 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I thought about you the other day while riding in my car and listening to the radio.

A commercial was talking about color coordinated hand guns (pistols) to match your outfit for open carry. :crazy:
Pink, Blue, and Purple were the colors I heard mentioned.

********

Sometimes I think the world has left me behind. :white:


Okie
 
User avatar
BartSimpson
Posts: 230
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:09 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
I don't worry, I wear whatever colour I want, whenever i want. The notion of seasonal colours is long gone.


As stated, I wear Fairy Tale pink year round, however, there is no denying that the fashion companies consider certain colors to be part of a seasonal collection. For example, whenever IZOD comes out with something in Fairy Tale it is always released with the Spring collection and never with the Fall collection.


How does it feel not only being an addicted slave of the fashion Mafia but also happy to pay lots of money to them voluntarily?
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7769
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:26 am

I live a naturist lifestyle. Grecian 2000.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Topic Author
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:15 pm

Sorry to bump, but it looks like IZOD for the very first time has included Fairy Tale on one Fall product, the Advantage Fleece. Every year IZOD releases one pink fleece per year, but for the past few years it has always been in Cradle Pink, which is slightly lighter than Fairy Tale. It looks like I have lucked out this year. I just placed an order for one right now.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.
 
B777LRF
Posts: 1831
Joined: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:23 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:48 am

Pink. Pink doesn't go with any season when draped over the body of a male, or any girl over the age of 8 for that matter.
From receips and radials over straight pipes to big fans - been there, done that, got the hearing defects to prove
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7769
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:51 am

I can report from my naturist resort. Some of the British are very pink indeed. Medium rare pink.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
User avatar
scbriml
Posts: 14775
Joined: Wed Jul 02, 2003 10:37 pm

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:31 am

BestWestern wrote:
I can report from my naturist resort. Some of the British are very pink indeed. Medium rare pink.


We normally go from pasty white to lobster red in a single day. :wink2:

Fairy pink doesn't come in to it, thankfully.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana!
There are 10 types of people in the World - those that understand binary and those that don't.
 
BestWestern
Posts: 7769
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2000 8:46 pm

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:37 pm

The knobby bits do, I'm afraid to say.
Greetings from Hong Kong.... a subsidiary of China Inc.
 
JAGflyer
Posts: 3486
Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:31 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Khaki pants in the winter. I've always been told it's a faux-pas to wear beige pants outside of the warmer season so when I see someone walking in the snow wearing them it seems wrong.
If you flew today, thank a Flight Dispatcher!
 
User avatar
bombayduck
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 2:31 pm

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:04 pm

I usually wear dark colours all year round. A tee shirt by plain lazy or chunk, with a logo printed on the tee shirt. I don`t conform to season colours, it is down to the individual to wear what ever they like. It all boils down to what you feel comfortable in wearing.
 
jetero
Posts: 1531
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:09 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
Sorry to bump, but it looks like IZOD for the very first time has included Fairy Tale on one Fall product, the Advantage Fleece. Every year IZOD releases one pink fleece per year, but for the past few years it has always been in Cradle Pink, which is slightly lighter than Fairy Tale. It looks like I have lucked out this year. I just placed an order for one right now.


This is your year, 1337! :thumbsup:
 
coolian2
Posts: 2328
Joined: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:34 pm

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:50 pm

My dark purple business shirt looks as good in summer as it does in winter. Ditto my light blue shirt. Ditto my mostly red checked shirt.

My tee and polo shirts (plus sports tops, plus athletic wear) all look fine all year round. The only seasonal clothing I strictly follow with is my cricket whites - but even in cricket season I'd look pretty silly unless I was actually playing.

I have to admit my workout tops are very pastel and bright - but that's more so I can be seen because usually the only time I get to get outside to stay fit is in poor lighting conditions.
Q300/ATR72-600/737-200/-300/-400/-700/-800/A320/767-200/-300/757-200/777-300ER/
747-200/-300/-400/ER/A340-300/A380-800/MD-83/CRJ-700/-900
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Topic Author
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 pm

coolian2 wrote:
My dark purple business shirt looks as good in summer as it does in winter. Ditto my light blue shirt. Ditto my mostly red checked shirt.

My tee and polo shirts (plus sports tops, plus athletic wear) all look fine all year round. The only seasonal clothing I strictly follow with is my cricket whites - but even in cricket season I'd look pretty silly unless I was actually playing.

I have to admit my workout tops are very pastel and bright - but that's more so I can be seen because usually the only time I get to get outside to stay fit is in poor lighting conditions.


Dark purple I would say is more of a Fall color, while bright or light purple I would say are Spring colors.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.
 
Cadet985
Posts: 2009
Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2002 6:45 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 am

As a fat guy, my only rule with clothes is that if it's clean, fits, and looks good, I wear it. I've never been one for fashion rules, except for refusing to wear socks with sandals or flip-flops.

Colors — if it's affordable and fits the above rules are treated the same way.

I still have to explain to my mother that the old rule regarding patterned shirts and ties doesn't really apply anymore.

But I think by and large that fashion is more of a female thing than a male thing. I'm not going to go suit shopping and say that I can't wear a certain color because it's before/after Labor Day.

Marc
 
User avatar
1337Delta764
Topic Author
Posts: 5234
Joined: Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:02 am

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
As a fat guy, my only rule with clothes is that if it's clean, fits, and looks good, I wear it. I've never been one for fashion rules, except for refusing to wear socks with sandals or flip-flops.

Colors — if it's affordable and fits the above rules are treated the same way.

I still have to explain to my mother that the old rule regarding patterned shirts and ties doesn't really apply anymore.

But I think by and large that fashion is more of a female thing than a male thing. I'm not going to go suit shopping and say that I can't wear a certain color because it's before/after Labor Day.

Marc


I actually wear pink year-round (I have pink fleeces from IZOD's Fall collections), but pink is still more of a Spring than a Fall color. Two of my favorite holidays to wear Fairy Tale Pink are Valentine's Day and Easter, which Spring collections are usually widely available by then especially during the latter, even though Valentine's Day is still winter.
Yes, I wear Fairy Tale Pink IZOD shirts. I am a real man.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DIRECTFLT, Dutchy and 45 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos