Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

1337Delta764
Topic Author

What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:39 pm

I was wondering, are there any colors of clothing that you consider to be non-seasonal (that is, colors that don't really represent either Spring or Fall fashion)? I know that Spring usually includes colors such as pinks and bright or light greens and other bright and pastel colors, while Fall usually includes darker, earthy, more neutral colors such as dark oranges and charcoal grays. Note that I am not referring to holidays, but the two major fashion seasons (Spring and Fall).

I would probably say bright red, medium blue, navy blue, white, and black don't really fit into either of the two major fashion seasons (although some would probably argue that white would be a Spring color and black would be a Fall color). Although I wear Fairy Tale pink year-round, there is no denying that pink is typically a Spring color and that is the season when major fashion companies typically sell their pink clothing.

What do you think?

Kiwirob

Re: What clothing colors do you consider non-seasonal?

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:27 pm

I don't worry, I wear whatever colour I want, whenever i want. The notion of seasonal colours is long gone.

BobPatterson

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:32 pm

Color me seasonless. Business dress is not seasonal.

Mufti should suit personalities. If it feels good, wear it.

Or be a slave to the opinion of others.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:34 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
I don't worry, I wear whatever colour I want, whenever i want. The notion of seasonal colours is long gone.

As stated, I wear Fairy Tale pink year round, however, there is no denying that the fashion companies consider certain colors to be part of a seasonal collection. For example, whenever IZOD comes out with something in Fairy Tale it is always released with the Spring collection and never with the Fall collection.

Okie

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:38 pm

I thought about you the other day while riding in my car and listening to the radio.

A commercial was talking about color coordinated hand guns (pistols) to match your outfit for open carry. :crazy:
Pink, Blue, and Purple were the colors I heard mentioned.

Sometimes I think the world has left me behind. :white:

Okie

BartSimpson

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:09 am

1337Delta764 wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

As stated, I wear Fairy Tale pink year round, however, there is no denying that the fashion companies consider certain colors to be part of a seasonal collection. For example, whenever IZOD comes out with something in Fairy Tale it is always released with the Spring collection and never with the Fall collection.

How does it feel not only being an addicted slave of the fashion Mafia but also happy to pay lots of money to them voluntarily?

BestWestern

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:26 am

I live a naturist lifestyle. Grecian 2000.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:15 pm

Sorry to bump, but it looks like IZOD for the very first time has included Fairy Tale on one Fall product, the Advantage Fleece. Every year IZOD releases one pink fleece per year, but for the past few years it has always been in Cradle Pink, which is slightly lighter than Fairy Tale. It looks like I have lucked out this year. I just placed an order for one right now.

B777LRF

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:48 am

Pink. Pink doesn't go with any season when draped over the body of a male, or any girl over the age of 8 for that matter.

BestWestern

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:51 am

I can report from my naturist resort. Some of the British are very pink indeed. Medium rare pink.

scbriml

Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:31 am

BestWestern wrote:
I can report from my naturist resort. Some of the British are very pink indeed. Medium rare pink.

We normally go from pasty white to lobster red in a single day. :wink2:

Fairy pink doesn't come in to it, thankfully.

BestWestern

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:37 pm

The knobby bits do, I'm afraid to say.

JAGflyer

Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:50 pm

Khaki pants in the winter. I've always been told it's a faux-pas to wear beige pants outside of the warmer season so when I see someone walking in the snow wearing them it seems wrong.

bombayduck

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:04 pm

I usually wear dark colours all year round. A tee shirt by plain lazy or chunk, with a logo printed on the tee shirt. I don`t conform to season colours, it is down to the individual to wear what ever they like. It all boils down to what you feel comfortable in wearing.

jetero

Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:09 pm

1337Delta764 wrote:
Sorry to bump, but it looks like IZOD for the very first time has included Fairy Tale on one Fall product, the Advantage Fleece. Every year IZOD releases one pink fleece per year, but for the past few years it has always been in Cradle Pink, which is slightly lighter than Fairy Tale. It looks like I have lucked out this year. I just placed an order for one right now.

This is your year, 1337! :thumbsup:

coolian2

Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:50 pm

My dark purple business shirt looks as good in summer as it does in winter. Ditto my light blue shirt. Ditto my mostly red checked shirt.

My tee and polo shirts (plus sports tops, plus athletic wear) all look fine all year round. The only seasonal clothing I strictly follow with is my cricket whites - but even in cricket season I'd look pretty silly unless I was actually playing.

I have to admit my workout tops are very pastel and bright - but that's more so I can be seen because usually the only time I get to get outside to stay fit is in poor lighting conditions.

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:08 pm

coolian2 wrote:
My dark purple business shirt looks as good in summer as it does in winter. Ditto my light blue shirt. Ditto my mostly red checked shirt.

My tee and polo shirts (plus sports tops, plus athletic wear) all look fine all year round. The only seasonal clothing I strictly follow with is my cricket whites - but even in cricket season I'd look pretty silly unless I was actually playing.

I have to admit my workout tops are very pastel and bright - but that's more so I can be seen because usually the only time I get to get outside to stay fit is in poor lighting conditions.

Dark purple I would say is more of a Fall color, while bright or light purple I would say are Spring colors.

Cadet985

Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:17 am

As a fat guy, my only rule with clothes is that if it's clean, fits, and looks good, I wear it. I've never been one for fashion rules, except for refusing to wear socks with sandals or flip-flops.

Colors — if it's affordable and fits the above rules are treated the same way.

I still have to explain to my mother that the old rule regarding patterned shirts and ties doesn't really apply anymore.

But I think by and large that fashion is more of a female thing than a male thing. I'm not going to go suit shopping and say that I can't wear a certain color because it's before/after Labor Day.

Marc

1337Delta764
Topic Author

Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:54 pm

Cadet985 wrote:
As a fat guy, my only rule with clothes is that if it's clean, fits, and looks good, I wear it. I've never been one for fashion rules, except for refusing to wear socks with sandals or flip-flops.

Colors — if it's affordable and fits the above rules are treated the same way.

I still have to explain to my mother that the old rule regarding patterned shirts and ties doesn't really apply anymore.

But I think by and large that fashion is more of a female thing than a male thing. I'm not going to go suit shopping and say that I can't wear a certain color because it's before/after Labor Day.

Marc

I actually wear pink year-round (I have pink fleeces from IZOD's Fall collections), but pink is still more of a Spring than a Fall color. Two of my favorite holidays to wear Fairy Tale Pink are Valentine's Day and Easter, which Spring collections are usually widely available by then especially during the latter, even though Valentine's Day is still winter.