Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

MSPbrandon
Topic Author

American Tourist beaten to Death in Greece

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Despicable, no matter what. Rest in Peace.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wor ... 82a5391e42

Kiwirob

Re: American Tourist beaten to Death in Greece

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:44 pm

I would have expected my friends to help if I got into a fight, just as I would help them.

OA940

Sat Jul 15, 2017 8:28 pm

Here in Greece it has been all over the news for a while now. I still don't get why it happened...

11725Flyer

Sat Jul 15, 2017 9:57 pm

I was in Greece a few years ago (Santorini) and felt absolutely safe. Hopefully, the Greek laws allow for some very harsh punishment for those responsible.

bgm

Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:04 pm

OA940 wrote:
Here in Greece it has been all over the news for a while now. I still don't get why it happened...

It looks like a brawl at a bar that got out of control. 9 people arrested, most of them Serbian nationals.

pvjin

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:54 pm

Surprising that such stuff happens on a Greek island, and not so surprising that at least most of the offenders weren't Greek. I've traveled a lot around Greece and never encountered anything more threatening than a bunch of random poorly behaving kids who seemed to enjoy harassing tourists.

At least the Greece and Serbia sure have real prisons unlike the hotels we have around here, I bet the sentences are harsher also. Though honestly the only suitable punishment for such human scum as those attackers is death.

bgm

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:40 am

pvjin wrote:
I've traveled a lot around Greece and never encountered anything more threatening than a bunch of random poorly behaving kids who seemed to enjoy harassing tourists.

That's because you're white.

OA940

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 am

OK LET'S NOT GET INTO RACE HERE! Plus, coming from a Greek citizen, if it was a brawl, it could've happened to anyone. Unless those were secret racists that got drunk and forgot the secret part.

pvjin

Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:44 am

bgm wrote:

Maybe, but Greece isn't known to be a particularly racist country.

pylon101

Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:50 pm

There are countries and places where people still don't understand the beauty and the bliss of inter-racial breeding. Yet.
That's okay. Soros & Merkel Co. has been working day and night to make them understand.

Kiwirob

Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:58 pm

bgm wrote:
pvjin wrote:
I've traveled a lot around Greece and never encountered anything more threatening than a bunch of random poorly behaving kids who seemed to enjoy harassing tourists.

In this instance I don't think the colour of his skin had anything to do with him being killed in a bar fight. Where his problems started was with harassing the waitress and then after the confrontation started going after the Serb bouncerwith a broken beer bottle.

That said kicking him to death was an extreme reaction, and I guess his head hitting the car wasn't helpful either.

wingman

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:31 pm

Kiwirob wrote:
Where his problems started was with harassing the waitress and then after the confrontation started going after the Serb bouncerwith a broken beer bottle.

I haven't read anything suggesting this. I'd hate to think this was just another case of your anti-US, anti-American bullshit Rob. What's your source?

csavel

Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:54 pm

wingman wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:
Where his problems started was with harassing the waitress and then after the confrontation started going after the Serb bouncerwith a broken beer bottle.

I haven't read anything suggesting this. I'd hate to think this was just another case of your anti-US, anti-American bullshit Rob. What's your source?

Yeah, haven't read anything about it. problem is often in a bar fight, both people are kinda guilty because alcohol and trying to show off means nobody wants to de-escalate. Funny the toughest biggest badasses, the ones who do survival training and were like navy seals and killed 20 terrorists with their teeth ALWAYS say in a situation like that - DESCALATE!! Not worth it just for your male ego, WTF do you have to prove?

But still afterwards 8 guys kicking the shit out of this poor person, nah even if he *was* an ass, they murdered him in cold blood.

Kiwirob

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:19 pm

wingman wrote:
Kiwirob wrote:

Read the BBC article about it, also some of the Australian papers mentioned the bottle and harassing the waitress for a photo. The US press article failed to mention these facts. You can look it up for yourself, google is your friend.

Aesma

Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:20 pm

pylon101 wrote:
There are countries and places where people still don't understand the beauty and the bliss of inter-racial breeding. Yet.
That's okay. Soros & Merkel Co. has been working day and night to make them understand.

I'm not sure I see the point of protecting the "race" of stupid drunkards.

Serbs lost half their country over such matters but haven't learned it seems.

wingman

Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:49 pm

I did just Google it Rob and I found this:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... reece.html
Looks to me like this waitress was more than happy to take the selfie and one of your hero Serbs threw the first punch. But I'm sure the narrative you suggested better fits with your demented view of anything American. It's a wonder you truly believe this guy's death wasn't deserved. What a complete waste of oxygen you are.

pvjin

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:23 pm

Aesma wrote:
I'm not sure I see the point of protecting the "race" of stupid drunkards.

Serbs lost half their country over such matters but haven't learned it seems.

I think making generalizations of Serbs based on this incident is stupid, with same logic all Germans are Nazis, African Americans criminal thugs and the refugees flowing to Europe terrorists.

Kiwirob

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:33 pm

wingman wrote:
Looks to me like this waitress was more than happy to take the selfie and one of your hero Serbs threw the first punch. But I'm sure the narrative you suggested better fits with your demented view of anything American. It's a wonder you truly believe this guy's death wasn't deserved. What a complete waste of oxygen you are.

You can be a dick all your life I can't help that, but where did I say he deserved it, nobody deserved to be killed over a selfie, but this guy got into a fight and died, this kind of thing happens all the time, I don't think he's as innocent as all US the media reports are saying he was.

Redd

Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:02 am

wingman wrote:

The waitress was happy to take a selfie with some of the Serbs and that's her choice. In case you're not aware, a waitress is a human and has the right to choose who she wants to take a picture with and who not. If this tourists attitude was anything like yours it's no wonder he got himself into trouble.

Kiwirob

Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:00 am

wingman wrote:

You utter numpty obviously you failed at reading comprehension or you only read what you wanted to read from the article to match your agenda.

'I ignored him but Bakari started talking to him. I don't remember what it is they said. Then the Serbian slapped Bakari, who then hit the Serb with a bottle of beer over the head.

Yep lets retaliate to a slap with a beer bottle to the head, that's one hell of an escalation and probably what lead to his death.

wingman

Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:39 pm

Redd wrote:
wingman wrote:

The waitress was happy to take a selfie with some of the Serbs and that's her choice. In case you're not aware, a waitress is a human and has the right to choose who she wants to take a picture with and who not. If this tourists attitude was anything like yours it's no wonder he got himself into trouble.

She took the selfie willingly with Bakari, you can see that clearly on the video and it contradicts Rob's allegation (which he throws out as uncontested fact, that she was "forced" by Bakari to take the selfie). She says the one Serb actually asked why she was talking to Bakari when there were plenty of Serbs around". Does that sound like she was intimidated or harassed to you? Come on man. Rob also claims Bakari hit the guy with a bottle. I don't see that in the video and she's the first to claim it. We'll see. Bottom line, Rob spews this invective bullshit as fact without anything to support it except this allegation by the willing waitress that I cannot see in the video. Did he grab a bottle later when confronted with 8-10 murderers? Maybe, we'll find out the full truth soon I hope. And I'd bet it won't fit Rob's narrative of blame and hate against the American.

Kiwirob

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:30 am

Yup you're still not reading the article you posted a link to; what has his being an American got to do with him being a complete idiot and hitting a guy with a bottle, that's the smoking gun. Point of fact I never mentioned him being American at all, the only person with an American issue in this post is you.