anshabhi
Topic Author

India tops global index of countries with the most confidence in their government

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:27 am

https://mobile.twitter.com/ANI_news/sta ... 7514693632

Some more data to prove leftist agenda is falling on deaf ears!!

BobPatterson

Re: India tops global index of countries with the most confidence in their government

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:47 am

Meaningless without access to the data and methods used to create the rankings.

I don't really question the 30% score for the USA. But I sure wonder who was polled in India, a cross-section of the population?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

jetero

Re: India tops global index of countries with the most confidence in their government

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:08 am

Canada's results I trust (although that's a government that allowed asbestos production for export while outlawing it for use locally until just the past couple of years). Canada is like Texas (where I live) without self-righteousness and a gun fetish. Most people are blissfully unaware of (almost stupid about) government. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing.

The India results I just don't trust. That's 2x the population of the U.S. in number that loves their government. If it's true, good for them. It's a great country.

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:19 am

jetero wrote:
Canada's results I trust (although that's a government that allowed asbestos production for export while outlawing it for use locally until just the past couple of years).

The USA permitted the export of domestically banned chemicals (DDT and others).
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.

jetero

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:26 am

BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
Canada's results I trust (although that's a government that allowed asbestos production for export while outlawing it for use locally until just the past couple of years).

The USA permitted the export of domestically banned chemicals (DDT and others).

That I did not know. Thanks for that perspective.

anshabhi
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:30 am

BobPatterson wrote:

I don't really question the 30% score for the USA. But I sure wonder who was polled in India, a cross-section of the population?

If you stay away from one user called BB over here, you would realize Indians are indeed very happy with their govt.
Most of the things discussed on a.net impact less less than 0.0000000000000001% of Indian population (all those lynching topics, which get over 100 replies).

Indians are getting what they need - fast development, efficient and responsible govt, increasing global confidence, wiping away of corruption, occasional dose of nationalism, and everything else which should be there.
Save your taste and innocent souls! http://www.chooseveg.com

MSPbrandon

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:15 am

Interesting results. Some of them are not surprising, like Russia and USA. I am surprised by Spain, S. Korea, and France. I hope to see other polls with more countries included.

MSPbrandon

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:17 am

anshabhi wrote:

What the he'll does this have to do with the "leftist" agenda?

jetero

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:43 am

I have no idea what leftist means anymore.

Dutchy

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:55 am

anshabhi wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

If you stay away from one user called BB over here, you would realize Indians are indeed very happy with their govt.
Most of the things discussed on a.net impact less less than 0.0000000000000001% of Indian population (all those lynching topics, which get over 100 replies).

Indians are getting what they need - fast development, efficient and responsible govt, increasing global confidence, wiping away of corruption, occasional dose of nationalism, and everything else which should be there.

Good for them. Good to see that India is developing.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

anshabhi
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:00 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

What the he'll does this have to do with the "leftist" agenda?

The Indian govt is right leaning.
Leftist in Indian politics sense.

Dutchy wrote:

Good for them. Good to see that India is developing.

So nice of you!

ElPistolero

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:49 am

anshabhi wrote:

Bit of a broad sweep there. The problem with lynchings isn't the absolute number/small percentage taking place; the problem is (and always has been) that they're happening at all.

I still remember the outrage over lynching incidents involving Indian students in Australia in 2009 (?). Indians were clamouring for apologies from the Australian government/PM at the time. Try demanding the same thing from an Indian politician every time his party members lynch an Indian today and watch the excuses fly.

Maybe that's the point here - that the double standards being applied have set such a low threshold on one end that it's easier to overlook shortcomings that would be fatal for governments in advanced societies, and consequently easier to be more satisfied.

Thats not to say that this poll demonstrates nothing - it highlights an increasingly confident India, a trend that started under Vajpayee in the early 2000s. That's a good thing, given the general leadership vacuum that's emerging around the world. Better a strong India than a strong XYZ, especially in that neighborhood.

WingsFan

Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:57 pm

ElPistolero wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

Bit of a broad sweep there. The problem with lynchings isn't the absolute number/small percentage taking place; the problem is (and always has been) that they're happening at all.

I still remember the outrage over lynching incidents involving Indian students in Australia in 2009 (?). Indians were clamouring for apologies from the Australian government/PM at the time. Try demanding the same thing from an Indian politician every time his party members lynch an Indian today and watch the excuses fly.

Maybe that's the point here - that the double standards being applied have set such a low threshold on one end that it's easier to overlook shortcomings that would be fatal for governments in advanced societies, and consequently easier to be more satisfied.

Thats not to say that this poll demonstrates nothing - it highlights an increasingly confident India, a trend that started under Vajpayee in the early 2000s. That's a good thing, given the general leadership vacuum that's emerging around the world. Better a strong India than a strong XYZ, especially in that neighborhood.

I am not arguing with anything you have said here. It all makes a good sense. Even a single instance of lynching or mob justice ,however rare, should not happen. period. The reality is that comparing Australian society to Indian society is incorrect. Both the countries are at differing level of maturity in terms of embracing ultimate authority of law and having a patience and confidence to pursue legal recourse. Hopefully India will make strides in that area rapidly in years to come. A complete trust that the government will do (more or less) what is right is the basis for rule of law. In India, most people, after a long time have placed a positive expectations in the current government. I believe this is what the survey in question might be showing, a positive expectation and a trust that they will act towards a greater good. Confidence will only grow if the government delivers in a meaningful way. So far, most people agree that this is a government of action. Even if actions sometimes don't pan out the way intended, I think overall it's a good change.

ElPistolero

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:27 pm

WingsFan wrote:
I am not arguing with anything you have said here. It all makes a good sense. Even a single instance of lynching or mob justice ,however rare, should not happen. period. The reality is that comparing Australian society to Indian society is incorrect. Both the countries are at differing level of maturity in terms of embracing ultimate authority of law and having a patience and confidence to pursue legal recourse. Hopefully India will make strides in that area rapidly in years to come. A complete trust that the government will do (more or less) what is right is the basis for rule of law. In India, most people, after a long time have placed a positive expectations in the current government. I believe this is what the survey in question might be showing, a positive expectation and a trust that they will act towards a greater good. Confidence will only grow if the government delivers in a meaningful way. So far, most people agree that this is a government of action. Even if actions sometimes don't pan out the way intended, I think overall it's a good change.

Heh - I only chimed in because a poster here once started a thread about hate crimes targeting people of Indian origin in the US, leaving us in an amusing situation wherein a person from an immature community was chiding a more mature community for not being mature enough. Without any apparent sense of irony.

But yeah, I don't understand why this chart is presented the way it or what 'global' index India is topping when it's clear as day that it's an apples and oranges comparison. It's good that Indians are confident in their government, but expectations are considerably lower than they are in more advanced countries.

anshabhi
Topic Author

Fri Jul 14, 2017 1:58 pm

ElPistolero wrote:

But yeah, I don't understand why this chart is presented the way it or what 'global' index India is topping when it's clear as day that it's an apples and oranges comparison. It's good that Indians are confident in their government, but expectations are considerably lower than they are in more advanced countries.

In what way/can you prove that?

tommy1808

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:30 pm

BobPatterson wrote:

Enjoy: http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Ma ... 7-en#page1

Best regards
Thomas
Crooked Donald Trump an his team are extremely careless in their handling of very sensitive, highly classified information. Not fit! #muchworsethanclinton

DfwRevolution

Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:44 pm

BobPatterson wrote:

It's also questionable as to whether trust in government is even desirable. Governments poses tremendous power to inflict harm.
I have a three post per topic limit. You're welcome to have the last word.

ElPistolero

Fri Jul 14, 2017 4:43 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
It's also questionable as to whether trust in government is even desirable. Governments poses tremendous power to inflict harm.

Indeed, but it remains a critical barrier between order and mayhem. For example, in virtually every country, there is a majority and a minority. The Government needs to retain the trust of both to avoid chaos.

That's probably the biggest shortcoming of this pill. I strongly suspect that more than 30% of the US population has confidence that the US government won't let the country descend into third-world levels of dysfunction, regardless of how it feels about individual policies on contentious issues.

ElPistolero

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:17 pm

anshabhi wrote:
In what way/can you prove that?

It's so self-evident, I don't know why I would need to.

Just contrast the way in which you and your online peers react to the treatment of people of Indian origin abroad to the way you react to the latest attack on Indian citizens (albeit members of minority communities) in India. You don't exactly hold Indian governments to the same standard that you hold foreign governments, do you?

To wit:

"Where is the apology from the Australian premier on these race crimes having happened under his rule?"

http://www.abc.net.au/pm/content/2009/s2742483.htm

If an one were to replace "Australian" with "Indian", and "race" with "religion" ... well we both know some Indians have been deemed "anti-national" for saying less.

jetero

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:51 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

By taking away guns? Precious.

Dutchy

Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:59 pm

DfwRevolution wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

If you look at the data, you will notice that a country with a good government does well.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

BawliBooch

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:29 pm

anshabhi wrote:

Since you named me you are going to get a tight response. Indians are very happy with their govt? Based on what? A manipulated survey by a man who has a reputation for such statistical jugglery and lying. Dear Leader's nickname is FEKU - which in English translates to FIBBER. Google for FEKU and see what results you get.

FEKU

Lynching topics affect many more Indians that 0.0000000000000001% - except that most are too scared to speak out. It should and does bother normal people. But anshabhi is one of those notables who comes on thread justifying murders of innocent people. Anshabhi is also the dude who famously called Americans "White Christian Terrorists".

anshabhi wrote:

Fast development eh?

Indian economy grew the fastest in the 10 years between 2004 & 2014. Dear Leader and his corporate cronies have since run the Indian economy down. The rupee has been in continuous free fall since Dec 2014. Job losses have never been higher Q-Q: Last quarter alone saw a loss of 20000 jobs in the manufacturing sector alone.

Some links:
India's job growth lowest since 2009: Where are the jobs PM Modi?

More layoffs likely as Manufacturing jobs shrink

Most of the schemes Dear Leader has "launched" are rehashes of old UPA schemes with a new label. And the only original idea Dear Leader has had since 2014 is to demonetise the economy by overnight banning old currency notes and replacing them with new notes. Demonetisation has cost cumulative losses of over 40 lakh crore and lakhs of jobs.
Demonetisation: Manufacturing industry lost 30% jobs and 55% revenue, says AIMO

In the absence of concrete reforms, Dear Leader's govt has resorted to the time honored tactic of playing pathetic PR games like this one on "satisfaction" and lynching minorities to polarise people on religion.

Figures put out by Forbes magazine (you know that Judeo-Christian media outlet with anti-Hindu tendencies) conclusively nails Dear Leader's pathetic lies.

L' Esprit de Mai 68

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:04 pm

anshabhi wrote:

Less than one person? I know I am math-challenged, but all those zeros...........

BawliBooch wrote:
Since you named me you are going to get a tight response. Indians are very happy with their govt? Based on what? A manipulated survey by a man who has a reputation for such statistical jugglery and lying. Dear Leader's nickname is FEKU - which in English translates to FIBBER. Google for FEKU and see what results you get.

You would do yourself and also many readers here a favor if you would use proper names when you refer to people. Dear Leader is a disparaging nickname and does you nor anyone else any good.

BobPatterson

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:07 pm

tommy1808 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Enjoy: http://www.keepeek.com/Digital-Asset-Ma ... 7-en#page1

Thanks, Tommy. Lots of interesting data there. I had spent some time at the OECD site without finding that page.

Tugger

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:08 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
FEKU

You aren't really making a good argument against the topic. Rather you seem to just be attacking the OP. The OECD confidence index is speaking of a present time evaluation and not comparing "all time" as you are doing. You are comparing disparate things. Perhaps you have better information to discredit the OECD survey?

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner

Aesma

Fri Jul 14, 2017 8:39 pm

The previous French government was left-wing and for some reason hated by the right from the start (that's not always the case), maybe due to the radical right taking over the campaign in 2012 and almost winning. Then that left-wing government took some not so left-wing economic measures to try and recover the economy, losing support from the left in the process, and ending up with record low approval ratings.

That's how you get to 28%.

Then the Socialist party and the Republican party got wiped out by Emmanuel Macron and his new party. If things go according to plan, France could climb up some places in that poll.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

anshabhi
Topic Author

Sat Jul 15, 2017 3:31 am

BawliBooch wrote:
anshabhi wrote:

FEKU

Lynching topics affect many more Indians that 0.0000000000000001% - except that most are too scared to speak out. It should and does bother normal people. But anshabhi is one of those notables who comes on thread justifying murders of innocent people. Anshabhi is also the dude who famously called Americans "White Christian Terrorists".

anshabhi wrote:

Fast development eh?

Indian economy grew the fastest in the 10 years between 2004 & 2014. Dear Leader and his corporate cronies have since run the Indian economy down. The rupee has been in continuous free fall since Dec 2014. Job losses have never been higher Q-Q: Last quarter alone saw a loss of 20000 jobs in the manufacturing sector alone.

Some links:
India's job growth lowest since 2009: Where are the jobs PM Modi?

More layoffs likely as Manufacturing jobs shrink

Most of the schemes Dear Leader has "launched" are rehashes of old UPA schemes with a new label. And the only original idea Dear Leader has had since 2014 is to demonetise the economy by overnight banning old currency notes and replacing them with new notes. Demonetisation has cost cumulative losses of over 40 lakh crore and lakhs of jobs.
Demonetisation: Manufacturing industry lost 30% jobs and 55% revenue, says AIMO

In the absence of concrete reforms, Dear Leader's govt has resorted to the time honored tactic of playing pathetic PR games like this one on "satisfaction" and lynching minorities to polarise people on religion.

Figures put out by Forbes magazine (you know that Judeo-Christian media outlet with anti-Hindu tendencies) conclusively nails Dear Leader's pathetic lies.

Keep whinning about jobs and don't even take the name of "Mudra yojana", which has given entrepreneurial opportunities to 70 million people in the country.

As I have always said, for a true picture of India, avoid this person.

http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... h-4747544/

Now your next step, attack Amit Shah for everything that he has said in life, while ignoring what's being said about here.

Btw, compare India with all other countries in 2007. Success is relative.
https://mobile.twitter.com/OECDgov/stat ... 02/photo/1

And a sad news for you: even a 73% trust rating is enough to win 2019 elections by 2/3rd majority.

BawliBooch

Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:22 am

anshabhi wrote:
As I have always said, for a true picture of India, avoid this person.

Aaah! Getting hot under your collar when your facetious arguments and fake talking points get shot down like Pakistani tanks at Longewala! :D Personal attacks is all you are left with?

Your credibility is already at an all time low. You are after all the guy who used Aurangzeb to defend the murder of Muslims. And also called American people "White Christian Terrorists"! :roll:

anshabhi wrote:
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/ ... h-4747544/

Now your next step, attack Amit Shah for everything that he has said in life, while ignoring what's being said about here.

Amit Shah? A convicted criminal with court orders to stay out of 2 Indian states is the BJP president. And in an election speech he makes tall claims of 28 crore (Thats almost the entire population of the United States of America) getting employment under some scheme launched by Dear Leader. I leave it to Western Readers to judge the credibility of these kind of claims for themselves.

anshabhi wrote:
Btw, compare India with all other countries in 2007. Success is relative.

And a sad news for you: even a 73% trust rating is enough to win 2019 elections by 2/3rd majority.

Winning elections? Is that all you are worried about? Dear Leader may win, but India has already lost!
L' Esprit de Mai 68

BawliBooch

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:30 am

Smashing through the lies! Number of journalists have setup websites to break the vicious cycle of lies & half-truths that this Govt excels in. Kudos to PS and team for setting up AltNews.in dedicated to this project. America needs a similar venture I think.

Is Modi Govt the most trusted in the world as claimed by Indian media?
Yet again, multiple Indian media organisations have made a claim based on statistics which they did not bother to verify or read the fine print. “Narendra Modi’s Govt is most trusted in the world”, was a claim made by multiple media organisations yesterday. This claim was made based on certain data that Forbes published yesterday.
:
:
The data that Forbes presented is sourced from the OECD report which clearly shows India at 73% ranks third after Switzerland at 80% and Indonesia at 80%. The data can be downloaded from here. The bar chart below is based on this data with Indian being represented by the saffron coloured bar.
:
:
Not only has India not topped the list of countries with most confidence in their national Government, the statistics for the Indian Government show a massive 9% decline from 2007 to 2016 and is captured in the table below.
:
:
When main stream media pushes out such news without any verification, it has a larger ripple effect than fake news sites. A 10 minute basic google search would have prevented these main stream media organisations from becoming the source of misinformation.
L' Esprit de Mai 68