MSPbrandon
Topic Author
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 am

HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:15 pm

Hello All, Im Brandon and im new to posting here but i have been reading these forums for quite a while. In addition to being a aviation fan im also a big political junkie, so you will probably see quite a bit of me here.

On to the topic, i haven't seen this discussed yet, but Hillary Clinton is trying to stay involved in the Democratic Party.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/34 ... n-midterms

Ughh. I will say this, she just doesn't know when her time is done. I feel like the Clintons are the dinosaurs of the Democratic Party.

Thoughts?
 
User avatar
Moose135
Posts: 2736
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:27 pm

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:32 pm

Considering she received more votes for President by anyone not named Obama in the history of the United States, there must be some people who like what she has to say. ;)
Last edited by Moose135 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KC-135 - Passing gas and taking names!
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5830
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:33 pm

She has connections and coattails for new generations to ride. It seems to me she isn't looking at running anymore, but rather at how to connect the money with the talent as they say.

No politician ever really leaves politics. They still have connections.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:35 pm

Mrs. Clinton can certainly make a contribution in some cases. But only in support of candidates, and by not in any way promoting herself or identifying as "leader of the party". Also, Bill Clinton should stay home and keep his mouth shut. The Clinton era has ended.

The article states:

"But Merrill said the California races in particular are going to be “won on local issues” by talking to the voters about the records of the incumbents.

“I think it would be a mistake for any campaign to nationalize these elections,” she added. “It can’t be about Trump or the 2016 election. It’s gotta be about these local issues.”

I disagree. It has to be about Trump and about sending to Washington representatives who will oppose him and his agenda. Saving the nation is more important than local issues.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5694
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:59 pm

As the Democrats won´t have president for decades to come, one can only support this as it puts the democrats in an even worse light.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5815
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:07 pm

I'm of the opinion that Clinton should lay low. She won the popular vote, but the fact is she's not at the White House. And while Trump may be vastly unpopular, she's not his opposite either. Let the candidates invite her.

And keep Bill inside the house. He's done enough already.

BobPatterson wrote:
I disagree. It has to be about Trump and about sending to Washington representatives who will oppose him and his agenda. Saving the nation is more important than local issues.

That only continues the vicious cycle of useless politicians who win a seat but don't do anything else except try to keep it. It HAS to be about more than merely opposing Trump. I'm sorry, but I disagree with you on that. I don't want a "No" politician who will then turn into a "Rubber Stamp" one; I want one who will debate the issue and, if it truly serves me and my fellow constituents, to vote yes if it does and no if it doesn't. This whole "cut off the nose to spite the face" has to stop.

seahawk wrote:
As the Democrats won´t have president for decades to come

I needed a good laugh. America's Got Talent is running now. You should audition as a comic.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:11 pm

Who knows how she'll be viewed a year from now when this Trump stuff may all be over, as an elder stateswoman or as a corrupt elitist? The scales seem to tip different ways in that regards every 2 years when it comes to her. At the end of the day, if the point of her involvement is to visibly raise money, I'd say the Democrats would be playing right into Republican hands.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:30 pm

Dutchy wrote:
Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?


Please no!

Enough of the family dynasties!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:36 pm

jetero wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?


Please no!

Enough of the family dynasties!


Don't shoot the asker :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
KLDC10
Posts: 845
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:53 pm

einsteinboricua wrote:
That only continues the vicious cycle of useless politicians who win a seat but don't do anything else except try to keep it. It HAS to be about more than merely opposing Trump. I'm sorry, but I disagree with you on that. I don't want a "No" politician who will then turn into a "Rubber Stamp" one; I want one who will debate the issue and, if it truly serves me and my fellow constituents, to vote yes if it does and no if it doesn't. This whole "cut off the nose to spite the face" has to stop.


Good point. Because most politicians tend to gravitate towards the official party line once their party gains the majority. Individual thinking ceases and they just go along with the group. If a politician will vote "No" on a bill put forward by Party X, but then vote for a similar bill put forward by Party Y, then you can be sure that they aren't acting according to the needs and desires of their constituents.
DC9/MD90/MD11/F70/BAE146/Q400/737/738/739/752/763/772/A320/A321/A332/A333/E175/E190
 
Mir
Posts: 19383
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:55 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:24 am

Dutchy wrote:
Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?


The ability? Sure. She'd have to get experience first, but I have no doubt she could put herself in a position to be an excellent president if she wanted to. I don't think she has the ambition for that, and that's probably for the best considering her last name.
7 billion, one nation, imagination...it's a beautiful day
 
User avatar
Tugger
Posts: 6991
Joined: Tue Apr 18, 2006 8:38 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:29 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
On to the topic, i haven't seen this discussed yet, but Hillary Clinton is trying to stay involved in the Democratic Party.

Why not? She is involved in the Republican party just as she has been for the last few years. They won't stop talking about her and keep her involved in their politics, referring to her all the time. She might as well also be involved in her stated party.

Dutchy wrote:
Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?

Just wait for Ivanka. The way is definitely being paved there as well.

KLDC10 wrote:
Good point. Because most politicians tend to gravitate towards the official party line once their party gains the majority. Individual thinking ceases and they just go along with the group. If a politician will vote "No" on a bill put forward by Party X, but then vote for a similar bill put forward by Party Y, then you can be sure that they aren't acting according to the needs and desires of their constituents.

And of course any legislator that dares to follow their constituents needs and desires, if they are not in line with what the party wants, are called out and attacked as "RINO's" or "the Establishment". With others in their party calling for their ouster for failing the party's purity test.

Tugg
I don’t know that I am unafraid to be myself, but it is hard to be somebody else. -W. Shatner
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:22 am

Tugger wrote:
And of course any legislator that dares to follow their constituents needs and desires, if they are not in line with what the party wants, are called out and attacked as "RINO's" or "the Establishment".


Don't forget ELITIST! (My personal fave.)
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:28 am

Mir wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?


The ability? Sure. She'd have to get experience first, but I have no doubt she could put herself in a position to be an excellent president if she wanted to. I don't think she has the ambition for that, and that's probably for the best considering her last name.


If she wished to do so, she could use her married name, Mrs. Marc (Chelsea) Mezvinsky, rather than Chelsea Victoria Clinton.

In addition to a masters in public health, she earned a Ph.D. in international relations from Oxford University.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5815
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:03 am

BobPatterson wrote:
In addition to a masters in public health, she earned a Ph.D. in international relations from Oxford University.

Degrees in politics are the equivalent of pennies in a jar. If your degree is not dismissed as having been earned because of your last name, it's dismissed for being a sign of a privileged class...because in Murica you don't need no stinking degrees from liberal extremist universities. High school is good enough...if you even finished it.

Those of us who know the value of a degree and its use in society can appreciate the effort and dedication anyone puts into getting their degrees. But in a country where (based on recent figures) only 31% of adults 25 and older have at least a bachelor's degree, why should we expect a change in trends when it comes to choosing between a well educated candidate and one whose credentials are nonexistent or questionable?
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:29 am

I am sick of Dynasties in our politics myself. I do not care what office, nobody should be elected because of relatives, or marriages. Did we not have a revolution to escape the tyranny of these types. Did we not overthrow a King long ago? It seems we are slipping back into this irrational type of politics which do nothing but screw us over. I voted holding my nose for Hillary, believe me. I did it out of desperation to escape the possibility of ending up with what we have now. We know how that ended up because of insider politics who wanted a woman President with a famous name, no matter the baggage she carried.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
seb146
Posts: 15544
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:39 am

The Bush family is a dynasty and dinosaur as well. They have name recognition. No matter what the "other" side thinks, they still have popularity and can influence the party.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
MSPbrandon
Topic Author
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:48 am

Moose135 wrote:
Considering she received more votes for President by anyone not named Obama in the history of the United States, there must be some people who like what she has to say. ;)


Oh i know she got the the votes. I voted for her because, despite her issues, of Trump. The point is, I think a LOSING candidate should step aside and let others clean up the mess, much like Romney did after he lost.
 
MSPbrandon
Topic Author
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:50 am

Dutchy wrote:
Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?


Chelsea has stated recently that she won't run.
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?


Chelsea has stated recently that she won't run.


Well that runs in the family.
 
MSPbrandon
Topic Author
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:58 am

WarRI1 wrote:
I am sick of Dynasties in our politics myself. I do not care what office, nobody should be elected because of relatives, or marriages. Did we not have a revolution to escape the tyranny of these types. Did we not overthrow a King long ago? It seems we are slipping back into this irrational type of politics which do nothing but screw us over. I voted holding my nose for Hillary, believe me. I did it out of desperation to escape the possibility of ending up with what we have now. We know how that ended up because of insider politics who wanted a woman President with a famous name, no matter the baggage she carried.


I agree 150 %.

What many of us have seen in the last 25 years or so, is the Dem. Party moving closer and closer to the right. I think thats mostly thanks to the Clintons as well as others. Many of us are sick of Neo-liberalism. I just want the Dem. Party to return to liberal core values.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10298
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:04 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
I am sick of Dynasties in our politics myself. I do not care what office, nobody should be elected because of relatives, or marriages. Did we not have a revolution to escape the tyranny of these types. Did we not overthrow a King long ago? It seems we are slipping back into this irrational type of politics which do nothing but screw us over. I voted holding my nose for Hillary, believe me. I did it out of desperation to escape the possibility of ending up with what we have now. We know how that ended up because of insider politics who wanted a woman President with a famous name, no matter the baggage she carried.


I agree 150 %.

What many of us have seen in the last 25 years or so, is the Dem. Party moving closer and closer to the right. I think thats mostly thanks to the Clintons as well as others. Many of us are sick of Neo-liberalism. I just want the Dem. Party to return to liberal core values.


I most certainly agree, it seems that they have stumbled badly on that score. I blame most of it on greed and the seeking of influence, power and wealth. A trait we used to credit the Republicans doing. Now all corrupted, both sides. The wealthy get wealthy along with the politicians and the rest of us get screwed by both sides.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
MSPbrandon
Topic Author
Posts: 53
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:48 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:09 am

jetero wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Paving the way for Chelsea Clinton? Does she even have the ambition or the ability?


Chelsea has stated recently that she won't run.


Well that runs in the family.


Well i just hope she keeps her word.
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:11 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
jetero wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:

Chelsea has stated recently that she won't run.


Well that runs in the family.


Well i just hope she keeps her word.


I think she will.

Don Jr running for office after being indicted and acquitted and actually winning is a much bigger worry.

He'll have to carpetbag in Mississippi, though.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3158
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:21 am

jetero wrote:
Don Jr running for office after being indicted and acquitted and actually winning is a much bigger worry.

He is more likely to join his father in infamy.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
BawliBooch
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:40 am

Ugggh! Democrats choosing "Crooked Hillary" as their candidate is the reason America ended up with Trump!

Where is Bernie? Hope he takes on a more active role inside AND outside of the Senate.
Last edited by BawliBooch on Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
L' Esprit de Mai 68
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:40 am

BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
Don Jr running for office after being indicted and acquitted and actually winning is a much bigger worry.

He is more likely to join his father in infamy.


I would hope so, but what're we going to do with the 20% of politicians and 5% of the populace ready to revolt?
 
TheF15Ace
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:06 am

MSPbrandon wrote:
Moose135 wrote:
Considering she received more votes for President by anyone not named Obama in the history of the United States, there must be some people who like what she has to say. ;)


Oh i know she got the the votes. I voted for her because, despite her issues, of Trump. The point is, I think a LOSING candidate should step aside and let others clean up the mess, much like Romney did after he lost.


:checkmark:

Many people including myself didn't really vote for Hilary, rather we voted against Trump.
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:21 am

TheF15Ace wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:
Moose135 wrote:
Considering she received more votes for President by anyone not named Obama in the history of the United States, there must be some people who like what she has to say. ;)


Oh i know she got the the votes. I voted for her because, despite her issues, of Trump. The point is, I think a LOSING candidate should step aside and let others clean up the mess, much like Romney did after he lost.


:checkmark:

Many people including myself didn't really vote for Hilary, rather we voted against Trump.


Out of curiosity, would you have voted for Cruz? Rubio? (Asking sincerely out of curiosity?)

I'll admit my adopted party screwed the damn pooch this year. But I only have an adopted party because I'm constantly voting against Republican ideologues. And at the end of the day I'm a pretty conservative guy. And I'm a conservative guy not for myself, but for the good of everyone else.

Unlike many Republicans, I don't self-righteously think anything has been "stolen" from me and needs to be taken back. And, unlike many Democrats, I think that government intervention, however well intentioned, can have adverse consequences. But my argument for the latter would never be to insult and minimalize others while trumpeting fake grievances.
 
User avatar
BawliBooch
Posts: 813
Joined: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:24 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:37 am

What the democrats need is their own Reality TV Star to win back the people.

Anyone know what Madame RuPaul is doing these days?

Image
L' Esprit de Mai 68
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:44 am

BawliBooch wrote:
What the democrats need is their own Reality TV Star to win back the people.

Anyone know what Madame RuPaul is doing these days?

Image


I'm with you, BawliBooch. Plus, no chance of princes or princesses!
 
TheF15Ace
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:50 am

jetero wrote:
TheF15Ace wrote:
MSPbrandon wrote:

Oh i know she got the the votes. I voted for her because, despite her issues, of Trump. The point is, I think a LOSING candidate should step aside and let others clean up the mess, much like Romney did after he lost.


:checkmark:

Many people including myself didn't really vote for Hilary, rather we voted against Trump.


Out of curiosity, would you have voted for Cruz? Rubio? (Asking sincerely out of curiosity?)

I'll admit my adopted party screwed the damn pooch this year. But I only have an adopted party because I'm constantly voting against Republican ideologues. And at the end of the day I'm a pretty conservative guy. And I'm a conservative guy not for me, but for the good of everyone else.

Unlike many Republicans, I don't self-righteously think anything has been "stolen" from me and needs to be taken back. And, unlike many Democrats, I think that government intervention, however well intentioned, can have adverse consequences. But my argument for the latter would never be to insult and minimalize others while trumpeting fake grievances.


Honestly if it was Cruz or Rubio vs Hilary I probably wouldn't have voted.

I'm an independent but I believe my values are mostly liberal. During primaries I voted for Bernie because I felt he at least understood this country has problems. If it was Hilary vs any other Republican we'd just get 4 whichever group having the most money to throw trying as much as possible to get their way along with the usual pissing contest in congress. The only reason I voted for Hilary was because anybody with a shred of common sense realized that Trump will do serious damage to the country.
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:55 am

TheF15Ace wrote:
jetero wrote:
TheF15Ace wrote:

:checkmark:

Many people including myself didn't really vote for Hilary, rather we voted against Trump.


Out of curiosity, would you have voted for Cruz? Rubio? (Asking sincerely out of curiosity?)

I'll admit my adopted party screwed the damn pooch this year. But I only have an adopted party because I'm constantly voting against Republican ideologues. And at the end of the day I'm a pretty conservative guy. And I'm a conservative guy not for me, but for the good of everyone else.

Unlike many Republicans, I don't self-righteously think anything has been "stolen" from me and needs to be taken back. And, unlike many Democrats, I think that government intervention, however well intentioned, can have adverse consequences. But my argument for the latter would never be to insult and minimalize others while trumpeting fake grievances.


Honestly if it was Cruz or Rubio vs Hilary I probably wouldn't have voted.

I'm an independent but I believe my values are mostly liberal. During primaries I voted for Bernie because I felt he at least understood this country has problems. If it was Hilary vs any other Republican we'd just get 4 whichever group having the most money to throw trying as much as possible to get their way along with the usual pissing contest in congress. The only reason I voted for Hilary was because anybody with a shred of common sense realized that Trump will do serious damage to the country.


Thanks for the response. I'm still trying to sort through for myself what the hell happened.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5694
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:01 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
seahawk wrote:
As the Democrats won´t have president for decades to come

I needed a good laugh. America's Got Talent is running now. You should audition as a comic.


I would be careful with this. The possible candidates that a part of the Washington scene for years face the same resistance as Hillary and those outside are way too far left to win an election.
 
Flighty
Posts: 8832
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 3:07 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:07 am

I think it's interesting if Clinton continues to machinate politically, parlaying dark money into new positions and proxies for herself. Then, she can begin new wars and kill more women and children, as is her pattern. Her consistent, strong career performance has been monumentally tragic, not only for women and girls but for all people. She proudly participated in most of the key blunders of the century, culminating in her absolutely astonishing delivery of a Trump presidency.
 
TheF15Ace
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 10:27 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:32 am

jetero wrote:
TheF15Ace wrote:
jetero wrote:

Out of curiosity, would you have voted for Cruz? Rubio? (Asking sincerely out of curiosity?)

I'll admit my adopted party screwed the damn pooch this year. But I only have an adopted party because I'm constantly voting against Republican ideologues. And at the end of the day I'm a pretty conservative guy. And I'm a conservative guy not for me, but for the good of everyone else.

Unlike many Republicans, I don't self-righteously think anything has been "stolen" from me and needs to be taken back. And, unlike many Democrats, I think that government intervention, however well intentioned, can have adverse consequences. But my argument for the latter would never be to insult and minimalize others while trumpeting fake grievances.


Honestly if it was Cruz or Rubio vs Hilary I probably wouldn't have voted.

I'm an independent but I believe my values are mostly liberal. During primaries I voted for Bernie because I felt he at least understood this country has problems. If it was Hilary vs any other Republican we'd just get 4 whichever group having the most money to throw trying as much as possible to get their way along with the usual pissing contest in congress. The only reason I voted for Hilary was because anybody with a shred of common sense realized that Trump will do serious damage to the country.


Thanks for the response. I'm still trying to sort through for myself what the hell happened.


I forgot to add, if the roles were reversed and Hilary spouted all the crap Trump did, while Trump himself took a more sane stance like Hilary, I would've voted Trump. Either way the fact that in 2016 our final real choices were Trump and Hilary really should be a wake up call to all of us. Looking at it from 8000 miles away sometimes you feel like laughing but then you remember: that's home, so you go back to thinking how the hell did this happen.
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:52 am

TheF15Ace wrote:
jetero wrote:
TheF15Ace wrote:

Honestly if it was Cruz or Rubio vs Hilary I probably wouldn't have voted.

I'm an independent but I believe my values are mostly liberal. During primaries I voted for Bernie because I felt he at least understood this country has problems. If it was Hilary vs any other Republican we'd just get 4 whichever group having the most money to throw trying as much as possible to get their way along with the usual pissing contest in congress. The only reason I voted for Hilary was because anybody with a shred of common sense realized that Trump will do serious damage to the country.


Thanks for the response. I'm still trying to sort through for myself what the hell happened.


I forgot to add, if the roles were reversed and Hilary spouted all the crap Trump did, while Trump himself took a more sane stance like Hilary, I would've voted Trump. Either way the fact that in 2016 our final real choices were Trump and Hilary really should be a wake up call to all of us. Looking at it from 8000 miles away sometimes you feel like laughing but then you remember: that's home, so you go back to thinking how the hell did this happen.


And I remember being p*ssed off thinking our next president's last name would be Bush or Clinton. Yep, we got what we deserved.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 7:11 am

seahawk wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
seahawk wrote:
As the Democrats won´t have president for decades to come

I needed a good laugh. America's Got Talent is running now. You should audition as a comic.


I would be careful with this. The possible candidates that a part of the Washington scene for years face the same resistance as Hillary and those outside are way too far left to win an election.



It was thought that the Republicans would not be able to get the presidency for years to come, but here we are. So I would be careful with that statement. And since the Hispanics still vote in majority Democrats, the Republicans still have their work cut out to them.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
jetero
Posts: 1526
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:11 am

Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:

I needed a good laugh. America's Got Talent is running now. You should audition as a comic.


I would be careful with this. The possible candidates that a part of the Washington scene for years face the same resistance as Hillary and those outside are way too far left to win an election.



It was thought that the Republicans would not be able to get the presidency for years to come, but here we are. So I would be careful with that statement. And since the Hispanics still vote in majority Democrats, the Republicans still have their work cut out to them.


The next president will be Mike Pence. I hope he can treat his crows feet.

But he is LIGHT YEARS better than Trump (which is saying something).
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:03 am

jetero wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:

I would be careful with this. The possible candidates that a part of the Washington scene for years face the same resistance as Hillary and those outside are way too far left to win an election.



It was thought that the Republicans would not be able to get the presidency for years to come, but here we are. So I would be careful with that statement. And since the Hispanics still vote in majority Democrats, the Republicans still have their work cut out to them.


The next president will be Mike Pence. I hope he can treat his crows feet.

But he is LIGHT YEARS better than Trump (which is saying something).


Actually, it says nothing about the abilities of Mr. Pence. :D Although I don't know if America is better of with this religious nut.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:18 am

Dutchy wrote:
Actually, it says nothing about the abilities of Mr. Pence. :D Although I don't know if America is better of with this religious nut.


The God of the republican party has four legs and is made out of Gold. It is the same god Trump worships. Won´t change much.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3746
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:28 am

tommy1808 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
Actually, it says nothing about the abilities of Mr. Pence. :D Although I don't know if America is better of with this religious nut.


The God of the republican party has four legs and is made out of Gold. It is the same god Trump worships. Won´t change much.

best regards
Thomas



Please Tommy, don't or I will be forced to do something I don't want to, defending the Republicans with some nuances ;)
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:45 am

Dutchy wrote:
Please Tommy, don't or I will be forced to do something I don't want to, defending the Republicans with some nuances ;)


Ok, they have more than one kind of crazy and giving the number of religious nutjob, which is kinda redundant, half the party would probably not even qualify as sane giving the nonsense they, claim, to be believe.

But even a President Pence would be very limited by the legislators, that if push come to shove tend to put money over religion, their fellow citizens lives and pretty much everything else es well. God Mammon is hard to replace.

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 9327
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:50 am

I'm not a big fan of HRC and don't think she should have a prominent role in the D party if said party wants to get the presidency back, however if Hillary really wants to help without an ulterior motive, reflect on the reasons for her loss not involving emails, Russia or her sex, then I'm sure she can provide useful advice for future candidates.

Keeping former candidates or even unpopular presidents aside is not a sure way to win, look at McCain and Romney, they didn't want any part of W Bush, W stayed away, and they still lost.

jetero wrote:
The next president will be Mike Pence. I hope he can treat his crows feet.

But he is LIGHT YEARS better than Trump (which is saying something).


If by next you mean before November 2020 then that could happen. If you mean the next elected president, I don't think so. The economy will have crashed by then and Trump and the GOP will be held responsible.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6615
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:40 am

Aesma wrote:
If by next you mean before November 2020 then that could happen. If you mean the next elected president, I don't think so. The economy will have crashed by then and Trump and the GOP will be held responsible.


He means after Trump faced the firing squad, Pence will be President.

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
StarAC17
Posts: 3455
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2003 11:54 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:16 pm

BawliBooch wrote:
Ugggh! Democrats choosing "Crooked Hillary" as their candidate is the reason America ended up with Trump!

Where is Bernie? Hope he takes on a more active role inside AND outside of the Senate.


He is very vocal and running town halls all over the country keeping his message alive, you just don't see it on CNN/FOX/MSNBC as they are all focusing on Trump's Russia scandals.

If the democrats want to win and actually get young people to vote they need to embrace Bernie, Elizabeth Warren, and online media groups like the Young Turks. They win on the issues basically everywhere throughout the country.

Sure this will piss off the centrist democrats like the Clintons but if the last 30-40 years has taught them anything the democrats (outside of two charismatic men) are a bunch of losers acting like centrists and it isn't getting them anywhere. Let them go to the GOP (its an empty threat anyways) and a lot of the young voters will replace them.
Engineers Rule The World!!!!!
 
seb146
Posts: 15544
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:54 pm

Scrolling through the responses is interesting. First off, we NEED to hate Hillary because Hillary is bad. Yeah? She is a politician. You know who else is bad? Cruz. Rubio. Trump. Pence. Obama. Bernie. Perry. Palin. etc....

The other thing I find very interesting is the right wingers who "follow both sides" forget that Hillary tried to embrace Bernie and his supporters because she knew she needed them. Problem was: the media wanted a fight. Ratings slump when everyone gets along. She and Bernie actually made an effort. The progressives want to be a part of the Democratic party agenda. And, believe it or not, they are listened to.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 9327
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:49 am

It would be great if young people voted but that's not realistic. If you're counting on that, you will lose.

Now having a candidate that can appeal to actual voters on behalf of the youth (their parents, grandparents, basically), that's better. Have a platform, a message, that your plan is not just for people now, but for their children.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
ltbewr
Posts: 12960
Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:24 pm

Re: HRC wants continued role in the Democratic Party

Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:02 pm

I wouldn't doubt HRC and Bill C will continue to be involved with the Democratic party for the foreseeable future although more in the background, used to target certain groups of voters and likely give speeches at the conventions and major party meetings. They do need to let a new generation of leadership in the party take hold.
The Democratic Party on the National and State levels needs to change it policies to positive ones to vote for them, not that they are not as bad as the Republicans. Don't just move to raise taxes and indeed try to reduce them on the 'middle class'. Make spending on all levels more accountable and avoid excesses. Move to supporting issues like Fair Trade, not unfair 'free' trade. Support assurances of voting rights and integrity of elections. Support sound but not excessive regulation of businesses. Move away from being a BFF to Wall Street and the banks. Try to less push as to 'identity' politics that dissuade many independent and White voters. Stay away from gun regulations. Push for affordable access to health care. Seek reasonable immigration and related enforcement policies. Get the corrupt party members out, especially on the local levels.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobPatterson, LittleFokker, ltbewr and 28 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos