Moderators: richierich, ua900, PanAm_DC10, hOMSaR

Hillis
Topic Author

Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:58 pm

I didn't realize Ivanka was elected to represent the U.S. at a meeting of world leaders. Or did Congress confirm her for a post in the government?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/08/politics/ ... index.html

I don't care if was for a few minutes, she has no business representing us at such a meeting, even for thirty seconds. Or could it be that her father didn't bring anyone official along to sit in if he had something else to do?

This man has isolated the United States from virtually the entire world, but he thinks it's OK for his daughter to play President for a few minutes.

Dutchy

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:08 pm

Already mentioned in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1367673

BobPatterson

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:11 pm

The President can have any advisor he wishes to temporarily hold his place at the table. Get over it.

jetero

Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:20 pm

But but . . . BUT . . . Chelsea!!!!!

MaverickM11

Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:35 pm

So great to have a worthless shoe salesman/first daughter/first lady/first sidepiece representing the USA. How come Tiffany doesn't get any of the spoils?

Ken777

Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:47 pm

It's just another situation where the rest of the world looks at us and asks WTF?

bgm

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:33 pm

Ken777 wrote:
It's just another situation where the rest of the world looks at us and asks WTF?

:yes:

Not that most Trumpsters care. Most of them most likely don't even own a passport.

Dutchy

Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:43 pm

bgm wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

:yes:

Not that most Trumpsters care. Most of them most likely don't even own a passport.

At this moment the rest of the world just shakes their head, they have stopped asking. Although with the proposed joined Russian-American team to combat interference with elections must have gotten some attention around the world. :D

KLDC10

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:18 pm

Ivanka Trump, as BobPatterson pointed out, is an advisor to the President. He had something else to do, so she took his place. It is quite normal. If she wasn't his daughter, then it wouldn't be news.

jetero

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:21 pm

KLDC10 wrote:
Ivanka Trump, as BobPatterson pointed out, is an advisor to the President. He had something else to do, so she took his place. It is quite normal. If she wasn't his daughter, then it wouldn't be news.

Um yeah. No argument there.

KLDC10

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:30 pm

jetero wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

Um yeah. No argument there.

There doesn't need to be an argument - it's a non-issue.

By the way, we've had a few exchanges back and forth regarding politics here. I just want to make it clear that I'm not trying to personally attack you or anything. I have plenty of liberal friends - we debate politics regularly, but we don't fall out over it. Hopefully there are no hard feelings here either!

dfwjim1

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:39 pm

Hillis wrote:
I didn't realize Ivanka was elected to represent the U.S. at a meeting of world leaders. Or did Congress confirm her for a post in the government?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/08/politics/ ... index.html

I don't care if was for a few minutes, she has no business representing us at such a meeting, even for thirty seconds. Or could it be that her father didn't bring anyone official along to sit in if he had something else to do?

This man has isolated the United States from virtually the entire world, but he thinks it's OK for his daughter to play President for a few minutes.

Must be a slow news day!

BawliBooch

Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:57 pm

jetero wrote:
But but . . . BUT . . . Chelsea!!!!!

PAAAH! Havent you heard? IOKIYAR!

Silly librandus!

bgm

Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:31 am

KLDC10 wrote:

But she is his daughter.

It's nepotism. Daughter and son-in-law as advisors. Right... How exactly is she qualified for the job? By being the product of Trump's baby gravy?

WarRI1

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:22 am

bgm wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

But she is his daughter.

It's nepotism. Daughter and son-in-law as advisors. Right... How exactly is she qualified for the job? By being the product of Trump's baby gravy?

Save your breath/effort, these worshipers of the Status Quo love being exploited by the wealthy class, Nepotism means nothing to them. That is how the wealthy help maintain the Power Structure also. Inter-Marriage is another time honored tradition as is on display here with Jared . We pay, they get wealthy. Seems fair to the Trumpets. This very system may have something to do with the riots at the G20 conference. :shock:

BawliBooch

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:26 am

bgm wrote:
But she is his daughter.

Its legal! Unclench!

Its not ethical, but its legal. So in Republican ruled America - its OKAY!

neutrino

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:09 am

bgm wrote:
.....baby gravy?

With hot sauce?

Hillis
Topic Author

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:37 am

KLDC10 wrote:

And if Michelle Obama had sat in for Barack at a G-20? She's an adviser. Like Ivanka, she wasn't confirmed and doesn't have any credentials to be at a table with the other world leaders. And I guarantee you would have gone out of your mind.

KLDC10

Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:09 am

Hillis wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

And if Michelle Obama had sat in for Barack at a G-20? She's an adviser. Like Ivanka, she wasn't confirmed and doesn't have any credentials to be at a table with the other world leaders. And I guarantee you would have gone out of your mind.

Michelle Obama was First Lady, whereas Ivanka Trump has an official position within the Executive Office of the President as Advisor to the President.

dtw2hyd

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:21 am

What is CNN's problem? She will not say/do something crazy so by she sitting in for Trump they(CNN) lost a week's worth of juicy news.

Don't worry CNN, as soon as he reads this news, he will tweet something and you can live on.

einsteinboricua

Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:44 am

I just love how this administration (and by extension, the GOP) continues to blur lines that have been the cornerstone of all presidential administrations. I should bookmark this thread because when a Democrat is elected president, these lines will suddenly be sharpened again by none other than the GOP.

MaverickM11

Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:41 pm

KLDC10 wrote:

LOL "if Trump hired actual, different professionals with any experience in peace negotiations, opioid addiction, international diplomacy, veteran care, criminal justice, etc instead of his worthless son in law for all of them it wouldn't be news!"

tommy1808

Mon Jul 10, 2017 2:17 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
KLDC10 wrote:

LOL "if Trump hired actual, different professionals with any experience in peace negotiations, opioid addiction, international diplomacy, veteran care, criminal justice, etc instead of his worthless son in law for all of them it wouldn't be news!"

that is why they are advisors. They can competently speak up when no know how is required and step in if, god forbid, one of the others may actually have heard something about his field of responsibility before.

To bad that copyrights where no part of the G20 discussions.... http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/iva ... 26ce5d54c2

Ivanka would have been the perfect expert on the issue....

best regards
Thomas

seb146

Mon Jul 10, 2017 4:40 pm

We already know daddy Trump has not divested from his companies https://www.theatlantic.com/business/ar ... ts/508382/ Ivanka has no reason to divest from any of her or her daddy's holdings. And Trumpettes see no problem with any of that. What a shock....

NIKV69

Mon Jul 10, 2017 5:56 pm

Ivanka will be the USA's first female President so she may as well get some practice.

WarRI1

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:59 am

NIKV69 wrote:
Ivanka will be the USA's first female President so she may as well get some practice.

Dream on along with all the other Trumpets who really think she has a chance. Her Father will kill any hope of the Far Right to have a wealthy, spoiled little rich girl as the first woman President. Americans maybe brain dead, but not that dead or simple. You see what Hillary got, imagine what Ivanka has in store. They will run Oprah against her. if she gets the nomination. :eek:

TheF15Ace

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:28 am

WarRI1 wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Dream on along with all the other Trumpets who really think she has a chance. Her Father will kill any hope of the Far Right to have a wealthy, spoiled little rich girl as the first woman President. Americans maybe brain dead, but not that dead or simple. You see what Hillary got, imagine what Ivanka has in store. They will run Oprah against her. if she gets the nomination. :eek:

Doubtful she'd win but she might have a good run. Because years from now the poor, uneducated, inbred trailer trash that voted for Trump will be.............poor, uneducated, inbred trailer trash. So all Ivanka needs to do is go to them and say that their lives suck because (insert load of bullshit 1) and only she can fix it because (insert load of bullshit 2). I'm sure there will be plenty of people who will vote for her. Though as you said her biggest disadvantage is being a woman, as there will be those in Trump's base who don't like being told what to do by a woman.

bgm

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:28 am

NIKV69 wrote:

:rotfl:

Thanks. Needed a laugh today.

BobPatterson

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:37 am

Anyone who thinks Mrs. Kushner is "far-right" politically will be in for a surprise if she ever reveals her entire philosophy. She would never seek elective office while her kids are young. Jared might if he is not too badly tainted by his current political involvements.

jetero

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:52 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Anyone who thinks Mrs. Kushner is "far-right" politically will be in for a surprise if she ever reveals her entire philosophy. She would never seek elective office while her kids are young. Jared might if he is not too badly tainted by his current political involvements.

So ... out with the Bushes and the Clintons and the political "elites" ... and ...

In with the Trumps and the modern political "know nothings."

BobPatterson

Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:57 am

Mr. Trump is an aberration without a philosophy (except me, me, me). I think it would be a mistake to equate either Kushner with the "political" or immoral Trump. Both Mr. & Mrs. Kushner are capable of serious thought.

DLFREEBIRD

Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:24 am

dtw2hyd wrote:
What is CNN's problem? She will not say/do something crazy so by she sitting in for Trump they(CNN) lost a week's worth of juicy news.

Don't worry CNN, as soon as he reads this news, he will tweet something and you can live on.

We have a actual mad man in Korea, that is full stop the news. Instead Trump is hogging the news because he's such a freaking embarrassment. .
I think, this CNN op editorial nailed Trump.

There are two Trumps, the fake one and the real one. The fake one is the guy in Poland who can sound intelligent and thoughtful when he reads a speech written by someone else without throwing in the cuff insults and unrelated trash talk. The real Trump is the one we see at home, petty, thin-skinned, defensive, arrogant, sexist, accusatory and vulgar. The real Trump is the father of "fake news" The real Trump is the man who claims he has lots of words, the best words. The real Trump is an embarrassment to the nation and the world.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/09/opinions/ ... index.html

tommy1808

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:07 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Both Mr. & Mrs. Kushner are capable of serious thought.

He is the guy that bought a newspaper in 2006, right? The time when print media was clearly long before its prime....... and couldn´t get into Harvard on merrit. He may not be stupid, but people capable of serious thought usually get into serious universities on merit.

best regards
Thomas

BobPatterson

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:27 am

tommy1808 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Both Mr. & Mrs. Kushner are capable of serious thought.

He is the guy that bought a newspaper in 2006, right? The time when print media was clearly long before its prime....... and couldn´t get into Harvard on merrit. He may not be stupid, but people capable of serious thought usually get into serious universities on merit.

Jeff Bezos paid $250 million for the Washington Post and a few small weeklies in 2013 (he overpaid). He did not acquire the most valuable assets.

The newspaper industry in the United States has been in serious decline for decades. Yet, some wealthy people still do silly things when it comes to ownership of print media.

I imagine that even you are wiser today than you were 10 years ago.

tommy1808

Tue Jul 11, 2017 5:39 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Jeff Bezos paid $250 million for the Washington Post and a few small weeklies in 2013 (he overpaid). He did not acquire the most valuable assets.

With the kind of money he has, you can put that under "hobby". And maybe he just knows that Democracy needs saving from the GOP...... obviously he was right.

best regards
Thomas

seahawk

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:00 am

NIKV69 wrote:

I agree she would be a could choice to take over in 8 years.

Dutchy

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:28 am

seahawk wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Why, what makes he qualified for this office?

tommy1808

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:47 am

Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Daughter of the King of the US of A...

Best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:53 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Mr. Trump is an aberration without a philosophy (except me, me, me). I think it would be a mistake to equate either Kushner with the "political" or immoral Trump. Both Mr. & Mrs. Kushner are capable of serious thought.

What evidence do you have that Ivanka Turmp and Mr. Kushner are capable of this?

seahawk

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:13 am

Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

What made Donald Trump qualified to run for president? Is any qualification required?

einsteinboricua

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:19 am

seahawk wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Oh I see. Political dynasties are bad (which is among the reasons why Hillary or Jeb shouldn't have been elected), except when you think they're OK.

Got it.

So Chelsea Clinton or her husband running for office is good then. Or how about George P. Bush (grandchild of Bush 41) to satisfy your Republican views?

Dutchy

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:21 am

seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:

What made Donald Trump qualified to run for president? Is any qualification required?

Ah thank you for your response :D Donald Trump clearly wasn't and the official qualifications seem to be: born in the USA and being able to breathe for 35years.
Qualifications which would be nice: basic understanding of the law, basic understanding of the constitution, basic understanding of the economy, basic understanding of social structures, some experience in those subject as well as international diplomacy, some experience in elected office to have hands on experience of politics and how things work. And there must be a few other things out there, feel free to elaborate on this.

Has Ivanka Trump done any of this or does she has knowledge of this? Or is this internship for this and in that way she can get some experience in that.

tommy1808

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:41 am

Dutchy wrote:
Has Ivanka Trump done any of this or does she has knowledge of this? Or is this internship for this and in that way she can get some experience in that.

Well, apparently she knows how to have inkonvenient people disappeared, or at least doesn´t care the least about their fate, like people trying to inspect the working conditions in the factories making her stuff, so she´d probably even have a better working relationship with Putin than her father.

best regards
Thomas

seahawk

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:46 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
seahawk wrote:
NIKV69 wrote:

Oh I see. Political dynasties are bad (which is among the reasons why Hillary or Jeb shouldn't have been elected), except when you think they're OK.

Got it.

So Chelsea Clinton or her husband running for office is good then. Or how about George P. Bush (grandchild of Bush 41) to satisfy your Republican views?

I think you got my comment wrong.

dtw2hyd

Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:53 am

Dutchy wrote:
...Qualifications which would be nice: basic understanding of the law, basic understanding of the constitution, basic understanding of the economy, basic understanding of social structures, some experience in those subject as well as international diplomacy, some experience in elected office to have hands on experience of politics and how things work. And there must be a few other things out there, feel free to elaborate on this.

99% of world's politicians wouldn't qualify for the positions they are in.

seahawk

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:08 pm

Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:

Ah thank you for your response :D Donald Trump clearly wasn't and the official qualifications seem to be: born in the USA and being able to breathe for 35years.
Qualifications which would be nice: basic understanding of the law, basic understanding of the constitution, basic understanding of the economy, basic understanding of social structures, some experience in those subject as well as international diplomacy, some experience in elected office to have hands on experience of politics and how things work. And there must be a few other things out there, feel free to elaborate on this.

Well considering that Trump did beat Hillary, I guess the voter did not care much about qualification - so you need a good PR campaign and some bad hombres as scapegoats. I think Ivanka could do it better than her father

tommy1808

Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:24 pm

seahawk wrote:
so you need a good PR campaign and some bad hombres as scapegoats.

and an ex-KGB officer committed cyber acts of war on your behalf. I think Trump has to deliver a lot more to carry this favor into the future.

I think Ivanka could do it better than her father

A guy tossing a coin to make the decisions would be a better president, so yeah, she probably would be.

best regards
Thomas

Dutchy

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:27 pm

seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Well considering that Trump did beat Hillary, I guess the voter did not care much about qualification - so you need a good PR campaign and some bad hombres as scapegoats. I think Ivanka could do it better than her father

Yes, modern politics, more a scapegoat campaign and a scare campaign than a campaign what you want with the future of a country. Mr. Trump is a brilliant salesman. If Ivanka possesses the same skills, I don't know. But getting elected doesn't make her qualified for the job, see Trump.

Dutchy

Tue Jul 11, 2017 1:30 pm

dtw2hyd wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
...Qualifications which would be nice: basic understanding of the law, basic understanding of the constitution, basic understanding of the economy, basic understanding of social structures, some experience in those subject as well as international diplomacy, some experience in elected office to have hands on experience of politics and how things work. And there must be a few other things out there, feel free to elaborate on this.

99% of world's politicians wouldn't qualify for the positions they are in.

Not for Dutch politicians, but yeah some are hopefully unqualified for their job.

PhilBy

Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:57 pm

DLFREEBIRD wrote:

We have a actual mad man in Koreal

I thought that he was in HH!