User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5293
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:55 am

seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
seb146 wrote:

As long as he appoints those who love him and his party more than anything, he will be free and clear. Facts don't mean a damn thing.

And you (any right winger) have still not answered my question we have been asking for years. But I don't expect an answer beyond "lock her up because she is guilty because she committed crimes!"


Do you see the irony in your post? When it comes to Trump you say exactly the same as right wingers said about Hillary.


The difference is there is actual factual proof that Trump broke the law. Hillary did not. No matter how many times you say she did. Links have been provided BY TRUMP JUNIOR EVEN!!! that laws were broken. The former head of the FBI told us that Russia was hacking and interfering. Trump received information gained from that hacking. All the media is talking about it.

What did she do to break the law (I ask for the 1433533 time...)?


The investigation came to the conclusion that Hillary did not brake the law, the investigation on what Trump did is on going, so far there are no charges, so at the moment neither had dome anything criminal.
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Sun Jul 16, 2017 4:33 pm

seahawk wrote:
seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

Do you see the irony in your post? When it comes to Trump you say exactly the same as right wingers said about Hillary.


The difference is there is actual factual proof that Trump broke the law. Hillary did not. No matter how many times you say she did. Links have been provided BY TRUMP JUNIOR EVEN!!! that laws were broken. The former head of the FBI told us that Russia was hacking and interfering. Trump received information gained from that hacking. All the media is talking about it.

What did she do to break the law (I ask for the 1433533 time...)?


The investigation came to the conclusion that Hillary did not brake the law, the investigation on what Trump did is on going, so far there are no charges, so at the moment neither had dome anything criminal.


So stop saying she broke the law and needs to be arrested and jailed for breaking the law.

Evidence is mounting that Trump broke the law by meeting and receiving information from a foreign government agent.

Why is that so hard to understand?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:57 pm

Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
I would be far more interested in your opinions about this all, give us your interpretation.


I have no opinions about "all this".

I might be able to respond to specific questions.


Ok, that is your choice, it is a pity you have no opinion about all the information which is coming out the last week. Looking forward that you add something, instead of just trashing others contributions. Ah well, we'll see...

Dutchy, I was responding to the statement/question you put forward:

"I would say that the big picture is how this president is acting and how this impacted America and the rest of the world. I can respect that you give us the nuances that they are not convicted, of course, they are not. I would be far more interested in your opinions about this all, give us your interpretation."

Now you mention "all the information which is coming out the last week".

These are rather open-ended questions, if they can be called questions.

In the first question statement you seem to be asking about President Donald Trump, Sr.

In the second question I would guess you are speaking about Donald Trump, Jr., and his meeting with the Russians.

If asked a very specific question I will try to respond. But I need to know what it is you are asking.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:32 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

I have no opinions about "all this".

I might be able to respond to specific questions.


Ok, that is your choice, it is a pity you have no opinion about all the information which is coming out the last week. Looking forward that you add something, instead of just trashing others contributions. Ah well, we'll see...

Dutchy, I was responding to the statement/question you put forward:

"I would say that the big picture is how this president is acting and how this impacted America and the rest of the world. I can respect that you give us the nuances that they are not convicted, of course, they are not. I would be far more interested in your opinions about this all, give us your interpretation."

Now you mention "all the information which is coming out the last week".

These are rather open-ended questions, if they can be called questions.

In the first question statement you seem to be asking about President Donald Trump, Sr.

In the second question I would guess you are speaking about Donald Trump, Jr., and his meeting with the Russians.

If asked a very specific question I will try to respond. But I need to know what it is you are asking.


Not going to do that, sorry. Not going to jump to all your hoops in order to get an answer from you. Not that interested.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:51 pm

Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
If asked a very specific question I will try to respond. But I need to know what it is you are asking.


Not going to do that, sorry. Not going to jump to all your hoops in order to get an answer from you. Not that interested.


Thanks for clarifying your position. Clarity is helpful.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
Ken777
Posts: 9340
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:14 am

This seems to me to be one of those minor issues that demonstrates that Trump has no idea how to be President. Major issues would be like firing Comey, but Trump's day is normally filled with the minor screw ups.

I was particularly impressed with Trump saying "You're in GREAT shape" to the Firse Lady of France. At least he didn't say "nice tits!"

With luck we can dump this guy before he does too much more damage.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5293
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:11 am

seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The difference is there is actual factual proof that Trump broke the law. Hillary did not. No matter how many times you say she did. Links have been provided BY TRUMP JUNIOR EVEN!!! that laws were broken. The former head of the FBI told us that Russia was hacking and interfering. Trump received information gained from that hacking. All the media is talking about it.

What did she do to break the law (I ask for the 1433533 time...)?


The investigation came to the conclusion that Hillary did not brake the law, the investigation on what Trump did is on going, so far there are no charges, so at the moment neither had dome anything criminal.


So stop saying she broke the law and needs to be arrested and jailed for breaking the law.

Evidence is mounting that Trump broke the law by meeting and receiving information from a foreign government agent.

Why is that so hard to understand?


Can I say that I am certain that there is hidden evidence that Hillary is responsible for:

a) being responsible for the deaths in Libya
b) having secret data on a private system
c) liberal lifestyle
.
.
.
Trump is innocent until proven otherwise, same as Hillary.
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:18 am

seahawk wrote:
seb146 wrote:
seahawk wrote:

The investigation came to the conclusion that Hillary did not brake the law, the investigation on what Trump did is on going, so far there are no charges, so at the moment neither had dome anything criminal.


So stop saying she broke the law and needs to be arrested and jailed for breaking the law.

Evidence is mounting that Trump broke the law by meeting and receiving information from a foreign government agent.

Why is that so hard to understand?


Can I say that I am certain that there is hidden evidence that Hillary is responsible for:

a) being responsible for the deaths in Libya
b) having secret data on a private system
c) liberal lifestyle
.
.
.
Trump is innocent until proven otherwise, same as Hillary.


First off: living is a crime?

Second: She was not convicted of anything. She actually stood up and took full responsibility for the attack in Benghazi.

Just because you (and Republicans) WANT her to be jailed for something does not mean she is actually guilty of anything. Remember that she testified under oath a number of times. How often has the Trump family done that?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5293
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:23 am

President Trump has also not been convicted....
 
ThePointblank
Posts: 2835
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:39 pm

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:18 am

Can we get back to the original topic?

Back to the original topic, while I do have severe reservations about the ethical issues around having close family members acting in official capacities on international summits as a representative of the President, I personally don't have any issues with Ivanka Trump herself; she seems like smart, knowledgeable, diplomatic and kind person. I'm just wondering why she was placed into this position in the first place.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:07 am

seahawk wrote:
President Trump has also not been convicted....


Clinton isn't under investigation anymore, that has been done, Benghazi as well as the e-mail thing.

Trump is under investigation, that's the difference.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:09 am

ThePointblank wrote:
Can we get back to the original topic?

Back to the original topic, while I do have severe reservations about the ethical issues around having close family members acting in official capacities on international summits as a representative of the President, I personally don't have any issues with Ivanka Trump herself; she seems like smart, knowledgeable, diplomatic and kind person. I'm just wondering why she was placed into this position in the first place.


Because she has Trump as a father and she wasn't diplomatic enough to realize that it wasn't her place to sit in for her father. How do you know she is smart, knowledgeable, diplomatic and a kind person? I agree that she does seem like it, but what do we actually know about her?
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5293
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:19 am

Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
President Trump has also not been convicted....


Clinton isn't under investigation anymore, that has been done, Benghazi as well as the e-mail thing.

Trump is under investigation, that's the difference.


Innocent until proven otherwise, this is true for Trump as well.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:25 am

seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
President Trump has also not been convicted....


Clinton isn't under investigation anymore, that has been done, Benghazi as well as the e-mail thing.

Trump is under investigation, that's the difference.


Innocent until proven otherwise, this is true for Trump as well.


Yes, but you can see the difference right? And to say the least, it is a political problem.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:12 pm

seahawk wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
seahawk wrote:
President Trump has also not been convicted....


Clinton isn't under investigation anymore, that has been done, Benghazi as well as the e-mail thing.

Trump is under investigation, that's the difference.


Innocent until proven otherwise, this is true for Trump as well.


So we can't talk about the evidence mounting against him? Like you righties did when Bill was "under investigation" or Hillary was "under investigation"? Because you righties were completely and totally neutral and waiting for the outcome of the investigations, right? :roll:
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6149
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Mon Jul 17, 2017 4:22 pm

seb146 wrote:
So we can't talk about the evidence mounting against him? Like you righties did when Bill was "under investigation" or Hillary was "under investigation"? Because you righties were completely and totally neutral and waiting for the outcome of the investigations, right? :roll:


Those damn lying media never told us that they all screamed "lock her up, if and when a jury of her peers finds her guilty!". ........

Best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:07 am

ThePointblank wrote:
Can we get back to the original topic?


Okay: when did the Senate vet and approve her to step in to act as a representative of the United States of America? Where are her credentials that she is working for the best interest of the United States people and government?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:45 am

seb146 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:
Can we get back to the original topic?


Okay: when did the Senate vet and approve her to step in to act as a representative of the United States of America? Where are her credentials that she is working for the best interest of the United States people and government?


Take your cue from Mrs. Merkel:

""The delegations themselves decide" who will sit in for a President if they can't be present for a meeting, Merkel told reporters.

"Ivanka Trump was part of the American delegation, so that is something that other delegations also do, and it is very well known that she works in the White House and that she is also engaged in certain initiatives," Merkel said."

Mr. and Mrs. Kushner did not require Senate confirmation. They are advisors to the President and he can ask them to perform whatever duties he wishes to assign to them.

Where are your credentials for whatever you think it is that you are doing?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:20 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
ThePointblank wrote:
Can we get back to the original topic?


Okay: when did the Senate vet and approve her to step in to act as a representative of the United States of America? Where are her credentials that she is working for the best interest of the United States people and government?


Take your cue from Mrs. Merkel:

""The delegations themselves decide" who will sit in for a President if they can't be present for a meeting, Merkel told reporters.

"Ivanka Trump was part of the American delegation, so that is something that other delegations also do, and it is very well known that she works in the White House and that she is also engaged in certain initiatives," Merkel said."

Mr. and Mrs. Kushner did not require Senate confirmation. They are advisors to the President and he can ask them to perform whatever duties he wishes to assign to them.

Where are your credentials for whatever you think it is that you are doing?


Yet another apology. What a surprise. You don't think that someone representing your best interest should have some qualification or vetting or background check?

I guess not. Old rich white guy....
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 3:26 am

seb146 wrote:
Old rich white guy....


Well, at least you got that half right. Much better than your average for factual comment.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:16 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Old rich white guy....


Well, at least you got that half right. Much better than your average for factual comment.


The only four reasons Republicans defend him so heartily...

Still does not answer my question. But, why should I expect an answer. Just deflect. No one cares as long as Republicans defect. That is the American way. As long as it is Republicans doing it.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5293
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:07 am

Did any president need to vet his advisers?
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:25 am

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Old rich white guy....


Well, at least you got that half right. Much better than your average for factual comment.


The only four reasons Republicans defend him so heartily...

Still does not answer my question.


What question?

"What a surprise. You don't think that someone representing your best interest should have some qualification or vetting or background check?"

That one?

I've checked out Mrs. Kushner to my satisfaction. She is more than qualified to represent me in place of her father (who is NOT qualified to represent me).
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
tommy1808
Posts: 6149
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:51 am

BobPatterson wrote:
I've checked out Mrs. Kushner to my satisfaction. She is more than qualified to represent me in place of her father (who is NOT qualified to represent me).


While i agree that even a coin toss or simply doing nothing would be better representation than Trump, i don´t think thief's like Ivanka are a good pick for representatives.

http://www.thefashionlaw.com/home/ivank ... litigation

Her brand is also one of the few, it is standard practice in the Industrie today, that doesn´t physically check that subcontractors stick to the companies code of conduct, which they don´t even make public, with regards to physically abusing workers and employing child labor.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics ... 1e694eea55

And since we know that child labor does happen whenever checks become too sparse, we know she either is incredibly stupid or consciously picked a strategy that gives her child labor to make a few more bucks. By your judgement, that she is smart, it is almost guaranteed that she has children work on her behalf on purpose.
We could have had independent verification, but the people bent to check out one of the factories she uses conveniently disappeared.

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:16 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Well, at least you got that half right. Much better than your average for factual comment.


The only four reasons Republicans defend him so heartily...

Still does not answer my question.


What question?

"What a surprise. You don't think that someone representing your best interest should have some qualification or vetting or background check?"

That one?

I've checked out Mrs. Kushner to my satisfaction. She is more than qualified to represent me in place of her father (who is NOT qualified to represent me).


Ivanka has one of the highest security clearances. And she sat in for her father. No background checks. No vetting. She was supposed to speak for us. You. And me. With no approval from us. We just need to trust him.

If Comey had done that, I would be okay with it. Comey has clearance from two presidents and from us. Ivanka? Not so much. She is a cobbler, at best. What does a cobbler know about international relations?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:35 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

Well, at least you got that half right. Much better than your average for factual comment.


The only four reasons Republicans defend him so heartily...

Still does not answer my question.


What question?

"What a surprise. You don't think that someone representing your best interest should have some qualification or vetting or background check?"

That one?

I've checked out Mrs. Kushner to my satisfaction. She is more than qualified to represent me in place of her father (who is NOT qualified to represent me).


What makes her qualified? Her father isn't a high bar to jump.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 6:57 am

Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:

The only four reasons Republicans defend him so heartily...

Still does not answer my question.


What question?

"What a surprise. You don't think that someone representing your best interest should have some qualification or vetting or background check?"

That one?

I've checked out Mrs. Kushner to my satisfaction. She is more than qualified to represent me in place of her father (who is NOT qualified to represent me).


What makes her qualified? Her father isn't a high bar to jump.


Maybe she has a Ph. D. in International Relations or something. I am throwing these guys a bone. Maybe she is orange head and shoulders above being qualified than her father?
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
DarkSnowyNight
Posts: 1871
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:59 pm

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:27 am

seb146 wrote:
She is a cobbler, at best. What does a cobbler know about international relations?



What do you? I'm all for criticism, but the whole 'but, but, but trump' is getting more than a little tired. Show us what happened because she was there.
Much like a GE90, I'm a huge fan of Big Twins...
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:43 pm

seb146 wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:

What question?

"What a surprise. You don't think that someone representing your best interest should have some qualification or vetting or background check?"

That one?

I've checked out Mrs. Kushner to my satisfaction. She is more than qualified to represent me in place of her father (who is NOT qualified to represent me).


What makes her qualified? Her father isn't a high bar to jump.


Maybe she has a Ph. D. in International Relations or something. I am throwing these guys a bone. Maybe she is orange head and shoulders above being qualified than her father?


You're too nice to throw that bone, but it made me curious what kind of education she has had, quite disappointing, I have reached a higher level than she has.

"Trump attended the Chapin School in Manhattan until she was 15, when she transferred to Choate Rosemary Hall in Wallingford, Connecticut, where she characterized its "boarding-school life" as being like a "prison", while her "friends in New York were having fun".[10]

After graduating from Choate,[11] she attended Georgetown University for two years, then transferred to the Wharton Business School at the University of Pennsylvania, from which she graduated cum laude with a bachelor's degree in economics in 2004.[12][13]"

So she has a Bachelor's in economics, no masters apparently and no International Relations background. So damn you, you have made me look :D
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
seb146
Posts: 15218
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:11 pm

DarkSnowyNight wrote:
seb146 wrote:
She is a cobbler, at best. What does a cobbler know about international relations?



What do you? I'm all for criticism, but the whole 'but, but, but trump' is getting more than a little tired. Show us what happened because she was there.


I already know the answer to this question because of Don Sr but you are really okay with someone hyper unqualified leading the country and speaking for us as a nation? I wasn't there because that is not my place. I know I am not qualified to act as a representative of the United States. I am qualified to give my opinion. And my opinion is that I do not want someone unqualified speaking on our behalf.
Patriotic and Proud Liberal
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:09 pm

Dutchy wrote:
....... but it made me curious what kind of education she has had, quite disappointing, I have reached a higher level than she has.

So she has a Bachelor's in economics, no masters apparently and no International Relations background.

Mrs. Kushner has something that is still more valuable. Experience in international trade.

She has studied business finance, started up her own successful business, created product lines, arranged marketing plans and much more.

By the way, a typical graduate in international relations (Georgetown, the best in America) might be immediately qualified to work as a visa clerk in an embassy and, perhaps after a few years, take the next step up the career ladder. Maybe as a commercial attaché.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:17 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
....... but it made me curious what kind of education she has had, quite disappointing, I have reached a higher level than she has.

So she has a Bachelor's in economics, no masters apparently and no International Relations background.

Mrs. Kushner has something that is still more valuable. Experience in international trade.

She has studied business finance, started up her own successful business, created product lines, arranged marketing plans and much more.

By the way, a typical graduate in international relations (Georgetown, the best in America) might be immediately qualified to work as a visa clerk in an embassy and, perhaps after a few years, take the next step up the career ladder. Maybe as a commercial attaché.


One must ask himself, how much has she really done her self? She was born with a golden spoon in her mouth. So many people to advise her. But even if she did all of that herself, why would building your own business make you qualified for sensitive diplomacy? In your reasoning, her father, Donald Trump, should be the best president and diplomate ever and not just in his head but in real life.

I actually know a few Dutch diplomats, and they didn't start out like that. Perhaps America is different.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
....... but it made me curious what kind of education she has had, quite disappointing, I have reached a higher level than she has.

So she has a Bachelor's in economics, no masters apparently and no International Relations background.

Mrs. Kushner has something that is still more valuable. Experience in international trade.

She has studied business finance, started up her own successful business, created product lines, arranged marketing plans and much more.

By the way, a typical graduate in international relations (Georgetown, the best in America) might be immediately qualified to work as a visa clerk in an embassy and, perhaps after a few years, take the next step up the career ladder. Maybe as a commercial attaché.


One must ask himself, how much has she really done her self? She was born with a golden spoon in her mouth. So many people to advise her. But even if she did all of that herself, why would building your own business make you qualified for sensitive diplomacy? In your reasoning, her father, Donald Trump, should be the best president and diplomate ever and not just in his head but in real life.

I actually know a few Dutch diplomats, and they didn't start out like that. Perhaps America is different.

The question was "what makes her qualified"?

My answer suggested that it was more than just classroom learning.

Life experiences might be as valuable, or even more so.

You seem to place great weight on "sensitive" diplomacy. I am quite certain that Mrs. Kushner is a much more sensitive person than is her Father. You should be happy to see her replace him at a conference table (I realize she doers not have the "authority" that he does).
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:59 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Mrs. Kushner has something that is still more valuable. Experience in international trade.

She has studied business finance, started up her own successful business, created product lines, arranged marketing plans and much more.

By the way, a typical graduate in international relations (Georgetown, the best in America) might be immediately qualified to work as a visa clerk in an embassy and, perhaps after a few years, take the next step up the career ladder. Maybe as a commercial attaché.


One must ask himself, how much has she really done her self? She was born with a golden spoon in her mouth. So many people to advise her. But even if she did all of that herself, why would building your own business make you qualified for sensitive diplomacy? In your reasoning, her father, Donald Trump, should be the best president and diplomate ever and not just in his head but in real life.

I actually know a few Dutch diplomats, and they didn't start out like that. Perhaps America is different.

The question was "what makes her qualified"?

My answer suggested that it was more than just classroom learning.

Life experiences might be as valuable, or even more so.

You seem to place great weight on "sensitive" diplomacy. I am quite certain that Mrs. Kushner is a much more sensitive person than is her Father. You should be happy to see her replace him at a conference table (I realize she doers not have the "authority" that he does).


I don't care much who represents the US when the president is away, but this was hilarious, just a practice of a Banana Republic. But you do understand why some people raised their left eye brow since this is against the diplomatic practice and is a slap in the face of your minister of foreign affairs.

And yes, I do place great weight on diplomacy, we have to move away from mankind's primary activity: war. That's why I like supra national consultative bodies and dislike large militaries. Ah well, I am Dutch, we discuss and deliberate everything. From the first settlers whom protected themselves with dikes (Dutch word) between manmade higher planes where they build their homes, talking about the year 1 now. So it's build into out DNA ;-)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUMc55GlHNI
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 2625
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:13 am

Dutchy wrote:
I don't care much who represents the US when the president is away, but this was hilarious, just a practice of a Banana Republic.


Just another example of your fairly constant disdain for the USA. You wouldn't qualify as a diplomat.

Mrs. Merkel doesn't agree with you regarding temporary seating for participants.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
Dutchy
Posts: 3164
Joined: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:25 am

Re: Ivanka Trump, Acting President

Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:23 am

BobPatterson wrote:
Dutchy wrote:
I don't care much who represents the US when the president is away, but this was hilarious, just a practice of a Banana Republic.


Just another example of your fairly constant disdain for the USA. You wouldn't qualify as a diplomat.

Mrs. Merkel doesn't agree with you regarding temporary seating for participants.


I wouldn't agree with me temporary seating for participants, so what is your point? :D
(I know my limitations)

And com'on, Bob, please get it straight, I am not showing any disdain for your good old USofA, but for your president and more precisely his dissensions. those are hilarious if it doesn't have too much effect on your person. One day you might learn to get some distance and you might even laugh with me, instead of getting angry because someone might be making fun of something which deserves to be ridiculed.
Many happy landings, greetings from The Netherlands!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos