tommy1808
Posts: 6391
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:24 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:50 am

I am somewhat confused..... wasn´t governing via executive order the root of all evil, close to treason and generally reason to be outraged?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... mg00000009

Where are all the GOP officials and airliners.net memebers that threw a hissy fit over almost every single EO Obama signed? Where are they scream for Impeachment?

best regards
Thomas
Times are changing: 70 years ago the USA went to war to defeat the Nazis, now they elect them to run their country.
 
User avatar
Francoflier
Posts: 4209
Joined: Wed Oct 31, 2001 12:27 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 am

This was Trump's plan all along. He pretty much laid it out himself...

If he wasn't going to be able to repeal it, he would scuttle it through presidential powers.
He will now proceed to torpedo it as much as he can and then come up with some sort of 'I told you so' to force the congress' hands.

Millions will potentially suffer hardship in the process, but of course that is of absolutely no importance to Trump, whose only goal here is to destroy another Obama legacy...

Is anybody surprised anymore?

:bored:

Now, since this is going to affect a lot of his devoted voters, I wonder what kind of twisted logic they will use this time to convince themselves that this is a good thing?
I'll do my own airline. With Blackjack. And hookers. In fact, forget the airline.
 
CPH-R
Posts: 6079
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 5:19 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:17 am

Francoflier wrote:
Now, since this is going to affect a lot of his devoted voters, I wonder what kind of twisted logic they will use this time to convince themselves that this is a good thing?

Given they bought the bull he spewed during the campaign, I'm sure they'll buy into his "It's Obamacare imploding on its own!" argument this time around.
 
MaverickM11
Posts: 15867
Joined: Thu Apr 06, 2000 1:59 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:53 am

tommy1808 wrote:
I am somewhat confused..... wasn´t governing via executive order the root of all evil, close to treason and generally reason to be outraged?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... mg00000009

Where are all the GOP officials and airliners.net memebers that threw a hissy fit over almost every single EO Obama signed? Where are they scream for Impeachment?

best regards
Thomas

As long as you’re only scewing poor people, you’re just doing Jesus’ work and the GOP approves
E pur si muove -Galileo
 
wingman
Posts: 3207
Joined: Thu May 27, 1999 4:25 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:54 pm

Forget about his Fox News base. They'd be eating dog shit if Trump told them it'd bring back coal. It's the people in the middle that need to see the truth, and I think they are. WIthin a year almost everyone in this country will know someone who's been hurt by this sorry excuse of a President. Certainly Dems and any left-leaning Indies will be more energized than they've been in a generation. Trump will hurt the GOP more than any of them know right now.
 
User avatar
seahawk
Posts: 5498
Joined: Fri May 27, 2005 1:29 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:13 pm

But Benghazi and Emails and Muslim...
 
330west
Posts: 276
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:43 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:27 pm

wingman wrote:
Forget about his Fox News base. They'd be eating dog shit if Trump told them it'd bring back coal.


They don't need to be told to eat dog shit, they're already doing it on a daily basis ... Chick-Fil-A, Denny's, Arby's, etc.
Always fly first class, otherwise your heirs will.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5758
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:04 pm

Just remember when your premiums go sky high next year. Trump owns it.

http://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/he ... D=ref_fark

"
Health care consumers will suffer from President Trump's decision to cut off ObamaCare's cost-sharing reduction (CSR) subsidies, two of the largest insurance trade groups said in a statement Friday.

“This action will make it harder for patients to access the care they need. Costs will go up and choices will be restricted,” the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association and America’s Health Insurance Plans said in a joint statement.

“These benefits help real people every day, and if they are ended, there will be real consequences,” the statement continued"
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 20559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:12 pm

casinterest wrote:
Just remember when your premiums go sky high next year. Trump owns it.


Nope, it's Obamillary's fault.

Signed,

-Trump Supporters
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
User avatar
DocLightning
Posts: 20559
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:51 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:19 pm

casinterest wrote:
Just remember when your premiums go sky high next year. Trump owns it.


Nope, it's Obamillary's fault.

Signed,

-Trump Supporters
-Doc Lightning-

"The sky calls to us. If we do not destroy ourselves, we will one day venture to the stars."
-Carl Sagan
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5758
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:21 pm

DocLightning wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Just remember when your premiums go sky high next year. Trump owns it.


Nope, it's Obamillary's fault.

Signed,

-Trump Supporters



Nah Trump dipped his pen in it. He has to take personal responsibility.

Signed,
-Anyone that has ever listened to an Abstinence/Guns rights speech from the GOP
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5728
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:34 pm

I can only hope insurance companies send out letters stating that due to EO (number whatever) and the added uncertainly in the market, they'll have to increase premiums/withdraw from the marketplace. Whatever action they do, I hope they state it clearly to consumers. If they remain quiet, they're complicit in all of this.

And if it happens that the uninsured rate spikes, I hope Democrats use it as a campaign point: "Put us in power and we'll reduce it again and make it work better this time".

casinterest wrote:
DocLightning wrote:
casinterest wrote:
Just remember when your premiums go sky high next year. Trump owns it.


Nope, it's Obamillary's fault.

Signed,

-Trump Supporters



Nah Trump dipped his pen in it. He has to take personal responsibility.

Signed,
-Anyone that has ever listened to an Abstinence/Guns rights speech from the GOP

Dear you:

That's fake news and an alternative fact.

-Signed
Trump White House.

PS. FAKE! SAD!
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
Ken777
Topic Author
Posts: 9376
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:06 pm

jetero wrote:

The Tea Partiers are going to go all out in 2018 convincing people early on that all elections are "rigged," and that there is widespread voting fraud. The President and his media apparatus will stand behind these allegations and fan the flames. It's going to be ugly as hell.


Is the Tea Party still around? I thought they changed into some "More Patriotic" Party, which means far more problems for the poor and minimum wage workers.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 pm

MaverickM11 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
I am somewhat confused..... wasn´t governing via executive order the root of all evil, close to treason and generally reason to be outraged?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... mg00000009

Where are all the GOP officials and airliners.net memebers that threw a hissy fit over almost every single EO Obama signed? Where are they scream for Impeachment?

best regards
Thomas

As long as you’re only scewing poor people, you’re just doing Jesus’ work and the GOP approves


The poor will continue to do what they do now. Go to local ER's jam them up for non emergency crap and real emergencies get caught up in delays like I had one time. I don't know what the answer is really I know I had a pretty decent insurance BEFORE Obamacare came out now it is crap probably because it is a ''Cadillac" plan. Never could understand why that would be taxed so high. Why punish people who actually have employers who have good plans for their employees. Obamacare is a smoke screen it is able to say we now have X amount millions who are now covered but the reality is the premiums are so high the people who now have insurance really don't because they can never meet the deductible. Too many lobbyists and corruption in our medical and politics to ever make this work for us.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5758
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Oct 16, 2017 2:14 pm

stratosphere wrote:
MaverickM11 wrote:
tommy1808 wrote:
I am somewhat confused..... wasn´t governing via executive order the root of all evil, close to treason and generally reason to be outraged?

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/tr ... mg00000009

Where are all the GOP officials and airliners.net memebers that threw a hissy fit over almost every single EO Obama signed? Where are they scream for Impeachment?

best regards
Thomas

As long as you’re only scewing poor people, you’re just doing Jesus’ work and the GOP approves


The poor will continue to do what they do now. Go to local ER's jam them up for non emergency crap and real emergencies get caught up in delays like I had one time. I don't know what the answer is really I know I had a pretty decent insurance BEFORE Obamacare came out now it is crap probably because it is a ''Cadillac" plan. Never could understand why that would be taxed so high. Why punish people who actually have employers who have good plans for their employees. Obamacare is a smoke screen it is able to say we now have X amount millions who are now covered but the reality is the premiums are so high the people who now have insurance really don't because they can never meet the deductible. Too many lobbyists and corruption in our medical and politics to ever make this work for us.


The poor and uninsured have always gone to the ER. The reason for getting more coverage for everyone was to save these costs being sent down the line. Everyone likes to look back at their own personal cadillac plan. I had one too, up until 2008 ( 3 years prior to the ACA). However if you look at health costs, they have been spiraling up for years.

The Cadillac plans needed to be capped, just as the rich needed to be taxed on income . To cover the costs of those businesses and people that cannot afford what has become a minimum wage job just to pay for health coverage.

All Trump has done with this EO is made it possible for Insurance companies to screw those making payments on insurance more, as the Federal Government is not going to offer the subsides to the poor. However the rich and middle class will just pay for this in increased premiums and less insured people, which will start the whole problem that was around from 1990-2012. Declining Health Coverage, and skyrocketing premiums for those with it. Because at the end of the day, unlike a normal business transaction, peoples health is a question of Hospitals efforts to save lives, and peoples wanting the best health care possible to ensure life. Health care is a need, and not a want, and everyone that treats healthcare like a car purchase or a diamond ring purchase has missed the point of what health care is. This is why all the GOP plans are crap, is that they think a "Cheaper plan" is what people want. Sure they want to pay less, but when they show up at the hospital, everyone wants the Luxury service. And Dr's can't skimp on the care since they can be held liable for malpractice.

If Trump and the GOP was really serious about healthcare, they would go after the diagnostic test costs. Dr's can't do their jobs in many cases without diagnostic tests.(X-Rays, blood tests, MRI's ,Ultrasounds, ekg, colonoscopy's). The cost and bundling of these services should be more transparent as a part of the service of going to a Dr. The fees charged on many of these services is far out of line and far from conformity across many hospitals.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
Eyad89
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:43 pm

As a side note, I really don’t like naming health care acts after people like Obamacare or Trumpcare.

Let’s face it, many people didn’t like Obama for different reasons, and they would be happy to see him fail. ACA could save someone’s life, but this person could still want its repeal just to celebrate Obama’s failure (in his mind that is)

I realized this after noticing how republicans are the ones using the term Obamacare almost all the time, while I see democrats tend to simply call it ACA.


It could just be me.
 
11725Flyer
Posts: 924
Joined: Mon May 30, 2016 4:51 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:47 pm

I might need it next year, so I'm hoping it all gets sorted out. I'm in the group that doesn't qualify for a subsidy and I want to retire early. The prices for crappy coverage are amazing.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5758
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:25 pm

Eyad89 wrote:
As a side note, I really don’t like naming health care acts after people like Obamacare or Trumpcare.

Let’s face it, many people didn’t like Obama for different reasons, and they would be happy to see him fail. ACA could save someone’s life, but this person could still want its repeal just to celebrate Obama’s failure (in his mind that is)

I realized this after noticing how republicans are the ones using the term Obamacare almost all the time, while I see democrats tend to simply call it ACA.


It could just be me.


Just remember, it is officially TrumpCare now that Trump has signed the pen to it to hurt.. Obamacare was penned by the ignorant folks in congress that wanted it gone.


The Afffordable Care Act, can be just that , however that won't happen since Trump is such a absolutely horrible president, and the Republican's voting for him think that he has any clue how to do anything that doesn't lead to a divorce or bankruptcy.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5758
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Eyad89 wrote:
As a side note, I really don’t like naming health care acts after people like Obamacare or Trumpcare.

Let’s face it, many people didn’t like Obama for different reasons, and they would be happy to see him fail. ACA could save someone’s life, but this person could still want its repeal just to celebrate Obama’s failure (in his mind that is)

I realized this after noticing how republicans are the ones using the term Obamacare almost all the time, while I see democrats tend to simply call it ACA.


It could just be me.


Just remember, it is officially TrumpCare now that Trump has signed the pen to it to hurt.. Obamacare was penned by the ignorant folks in congress that wanted it gone.


The Afffordable Care Act, can be just that , however that won't happen since Trump is such a absolutely horrible president, and the Republican's voting for him think that he has any clue how to do anything that doesn't lead to a divorce or bankruptcy.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
seb146
Posts: 15358
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:18 am

Eyad89 wrote:
As a side note, I really don’t like naming health care acts after people like Obamacare or Trumpcare.

Let’s face it, many people didn’t like Obama for different reasons, and they would be happy to see him fail. ACA could save someone’s life, but this person could still want its repeal just to celebrate Obama’s failure (in his mind that is)

I realized this after noticing how republicans are the ones using the term Obamacare almost all the time, while I see democrats tend to simply call it ACA.


It could just be me.


Obama was the one who signed the bipartisan legislation also called "Affordable Care Act." Trump campaigned to "repeal and replace" ACA. With the stroke of his pen, Trump repealed ACA and that makes it Trumpcare.

Also, we all need to keep in mind that Republicans are in control of all three branches of government. They can not get a repeal and replace passed, they can not get any bipartisan support for their only idea of "repeal and maybe replace if we want to later." They give hours for testimony for and against, as opposed to ACA which took 18 months of testimony and bipartisan talk.

The same supporters of "repeal and we will replace when we feel like it" are the same ones who cried that ACA was strictly Democrats (lie) and that Democrats could not get it done on their own (lie) and that Republicans can get anything done on their own (lie).
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5728
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:35 am

seb146 wrote:
Obama was the one who signed the bipartisan legislation also called "Affordable Care Act."

:redflag: While everything else you posted is true, I have to draw a red line here. While it was attempted to be achieved as a bipartisan legislation, the fact of the matter is that the ACA did not receive a single Republican vote as standalone bills in House and Senate nor the reconciliation bill that got around the filibuster when Scott Brown took Ted Kennedy's seat. The only single vote it got from a Republican was from Sen. Olympia Snowe who voted to move it out of committee and bring it to the Senate floor for debate. She would eventually vote against the final bill passed by the Senate and reconciliation.

Republicans speak a half truth when they say that this bill was passed with solely Democrat votes (that much is true); what they fail to mention is that they were offered the chance to make amendments and they preferred to play politics, and that unlike the AHCA/ACA Repeal Lite/Cassidy-Graham bill, the ACA was actually subjected to full committee hearings with experts being brought in, was given ample debate time, was expected to be amended by Republicans (who, again, decided to not act at all), and was sold to both politicians and the public alike by its chief architect (Obama).
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
seb146
Posts: 15358
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:58 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
seb146 wrote:
Obama was the one who signed the bipartisan legislation also called "Affordable Care Act."

:redflag: While everything else you posted is true, I have to draw a red line here. While it was attempted to be achieved as a bipartisan legislation, the fact of the matter is that the ACA did not receive a single Republican vote as standalone bills in House and Senate nor the reconciliation bill that got around the filibuster when Scott Brown took Ted Kennedy's seat. The only single vote it got from a Republican was from Sen. Olympia Snowe who voted to move it out of committee and bring it to the Senate floor for debate. She would eventually vote against the final bill passed by the Senate and reconciliation.

Republicans speak a half truth when they say that this bill was passed with solely Democrat votes (that much is true); what they fail to mention is that they were offered the chance to make amendments and they preferred to play politics, and that unlike the AHCA/ACA Repeal Lite/Cassidy-Graham bill, the ACA was actually subjected to full committee hearings with experts being brought in, was given ample debate time, was expected to be amended by Republicans (who, again, decided to not act at all), and was sold to both politicians and the public alike by its chief architect (Obama).


I feel I am splitting hairs at this point and you are correct, but, compared to the current "repeal and maybe replace when we feel like getting round to it" health care proposal by current Republicans, ACA was debated by both parties and was much more bipartisan. There was input by Republicans when ACA was being written. It was not simply shoved through. So, the final vote was not bipartisan, but Republicans were actually able to (and did) contribute to ACA legislation.
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 9193
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Oct 17, 2017 6:19 am

11725Flyer wrote:
I might need it next year, so I'm hoping it all gets sorted out. I'm in the group that doesn't qualify for a subsidy and I want to retire early. The prices for crappy coverage are amazing.


Isn't retiring early unpatriotic ?
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1337Delta764, NoTime and 2 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos