jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm

stratosphere wrote:
jetero wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Oh here we Fng go. Yeah we all wanted Obamacare to go because a black president implemented it. How bout it was a sh*tstorm right out of the box. Like anything government tries to do it can't get it right. I will admit our health care system was jacked and it was in need of overhaul but with the exception of the keeping the kids insured a bit longer and pre existing conditions being covered I don't see too much good about it. My doctor even sold his practice to Methodist Health Group because he no longer could run his practice the way he needed to thanks to Obamacare. Now he is an hourly employee with minimal time spent with his patients Plus It certainly is anything but affordable. What good is saying now all these extra people have coverage when their deductibles are sky high. Also those of us who do have good insurance are getting screwed. Thankfully my employer is picking up the extra tab for the so called "Cadillac tax" but a lot of people who did have good coverage got it scaled back to a cheap plan because the employers didn't want to pay the tax. Also the individual mandate now I understand the premise that the heathy have to be in it to keep it funded for the not so healthy. But all that has really happened is that the healthy people just wound up paying the penalty instead of the extra cost of getting insurance. Not to mention forcing someone to buy something they don't want. So how about you liberals stop throwing the race card out there every time anyone disagrees with your views.


Better do away with it all, then, I guess. Blow it all up!

I have noticed ZERO change in my insurance or my healthcare since Obamacare.

I really think a lot of people who argue otherwise are just making it all up.


Because you have had no change doesn't mean there hasn't been an effect. Maybe your employer is eating the extra cost. I didn't know my employer was doing that until we just had a meeting on open enrollment. Regardless I too would rather at this point repair what Obamacare screwed up rather than scrap it and reinvent the wheel. I agree with Rand Paul that this new version is just moving the deck chairs around for the sake of saying the repealed it. The republicans have the whole show now and I am not liking what I am seeing with them so far either.


Certainly you understand how frustrating it is to see half the country talk out of their a*ses about "repealing and replacing Obamacare" when they have no idea what that means, and they blindly support something that probably won't make their out-of-pocket costs any better. So I am really at a loss as to how to explain the visceral opposition to Obamacare except that it's yet another example of peoples' visceral, unfounded opposition to Obama that's fed by the inflammatory right-wing talking heads spewing on and on about "freedom" and "lefty conspiracies" like death panels. For a lot of people, from my personal experience, that was indeed based on race, conscious or subconscious. When your other posts have to do with "coastal elitists" taking over the country or voter "fraud" (for which there is no proof on any scale large enough to sway an election), forgive me for extrapolating.
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:08 pm

McCain has said he will vote no on Cassidy-Graham, acc WaPo breaking news.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 7415
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:18 pm

jetero wrote:
McCain has said he will vote no on Cassidy-Graham, acc WaPo breaking news.


Beat me to it.....and I think Collins is leaning NO...so with Paul's NO...thats 51 NOs

Is that correct???
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
User avatar
WingsFan
Posts: 276
Joined: Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:44 pm

jetero wrote:
McCain has said he will vote no on Cassidy-Graham, acc WaPo breaking news.


The man has stayed consistent with his principles asking for a regular order ( and in effect a bipartisan bill), just like last time. Respect! I bet the pressure must be huge considering one of the authors of this bill was his typical ally Lindsey Graham.
 
Ken777
Topic Author
Posts: 9449
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:00 pm

Saved by Senator Superman yet again. John McCain has said he is voting NO! Now if the other Senators with insight and integrity hold strong Americans will be safe from the horrors of what the GOP is proposing.
 
User avatar
casinterest
Posts: 5892
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2005 5:30 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:01 pm

Ken777 wrote:
Saved by Senator Superman yet again. John McCain has said he is voting NO! Now if the other Senators with insight and integrity hold strong Americans will be safe from the horrors of what the GOP is proposing.



Sad things is that here is a guy going through the medical process, and is a war here, and the GOP will treat him as enemy number one.
Older than I just was ,and younger than I will soo be.
 
dtw2hyd
Posts: 5016
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:03 pm

Guess who is coming to dinner tonight at WH. Schumer and Pelosi. Trump should put an end to this wild goose chase called Repeal and Replace, go with Repair and Refurbish. In other words, just sign the damn bill Democrats author.

casinterest wrote:
Sad things is that here is a guy going through the medical process, and is a war here, and the GOP will treat him as enemy number one.

He has no special interest left, GOP can do a damn thing about it.
 
Ken777
Topic Author
Posts: 9449
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:07 pm

jetero wrote:
McCain has said he will vote no on Cassidy-Graham, acc WaPo breaking news.



I'm standing in line to say you beat me also. Not a problem as we can't get too much good news!
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10401
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:48 pm

WingsFan wrote:
jetero wrote:
McCain has said he will vote no on Cassidy-Graham, acc WaPo breaking news.


The man has stayed consistent with his principles asking for a regular order ( and in effect a bipartisan bill), just like last time. Respect! I bet the pressure must be huge considering one of the authors of this bill was his typical ally Lindsey Graham.


This man, John McCain is under a death sentence, yet he remains a Hero for the average American just as he was during his long imprisonment during the Vietnam War. God bless him! "I cannot in good conscience vote for this bill". Words I held my breath to hear again. This is a man who does not bend and has a conscience unlike the other Republican Lackeys who would once again screw us over including the young, the old and the sick of both groups for profit and their stock portfolios. A sickening bunch, all of them who support this monstrosity of a so called healthcare bill.. A fine example of the ideals of the Republicans. :eek: :eek:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:08 pm

WarRI1 wrote:
WingsFan wrote:
jetero wrote:
McCain has said he will vote no on Cassidy-Graham, acc WaPo breaking news.


The man has stayed consistent with his principles asking for a regular order ( and in effect a bipartisan bill), just like last time. Respect! I bet the pressure must be huge considering one of the authors of this bill was his typical ally Lindsey Graham.


This man, John McCain is under a death sentence, yet he remains a Hero for the average American just as he was during his long imprisonment during the Vietnam War. God bless him! "I cannot in good conscience vote for this bill". Words I held my breath to hear again. This is a man who does not bend and has a conscience unlike the other Republican Lackeys who would once again screw us over including the young, the old and the sick of both groups for profit and their stock portfolios. A sickening bunch, all of them who support this monstrosity of a so called healthcare bill.. A fine example of the ideals of the Republicans. :eek: :eek:


I have mixed feelings on McCain. I think he is a RINO personally. I think voting against this bill was probably a good move. The republicans have not put together a good plan here. They had a lot of years to work on one during the Obama years but obviously did not have a plan and are trying to slap some crap together before the deadline in some hopes of meeting the promises they made during the campaign. I think McCain needs to retire he is getting to damn old his time is short now anyway he needs to spend time with his family with what little time he has left. I respect his service to our country but I am a proponent of term limits anyway even if I like the man/woman. Congress should not be a lifetime career they spend too much damn time trying to get re elected then they do getting anything done.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10401
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:39 pm

stratosphere wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
WingsFan wrote:

The man has stayed consistent with his principles asking for a regular order ( and in effect a bipartisan bill), just like last time. Respect! I bet the pressure must be huge considering one of the authors of this bill was his typical ally Lindsey Graham.


This man, John McCain is under a death sentence, yet he remains a Hero for the average American just as he was during his long imprisonment during the Vietnam War. God bless him! "I cannot in good conscience vote for this bill". Words I held my breath to hear again. This is a man who does not bend and has a conscience unlike the other Republican Lackeys who would once again screw us over including the young, the old and the sick of both groups for profit and their stock portfolios. A sickening bunch, all of them who support this monstrosity of a so called healthcare bill.. A fine example of the ideals of the Republicans. :eek: :eek:


I have mixed feelings on McCain. I think he is a RINO personally. I think voting against this bill was probably a good move. The republicans have not put together a good plan here. They had a lot of years to work on one during the Obama years but obviously did not have a plan and are trying to slap some crap together before the deadline in some hopes of meeting the promises they made during the campaign. I think McCain needs to retire he is getting to damn old his time is short now anyway he needs to spend time with his family with what little time he has left. I respect his service to our country but I am a proponent of term limits anyway even if I like the man/woman. Congress should not be a lifetime career they spend too much damn time trying to get re elected then they do getting anything done.



I find nothing in your reply to disagree with. .All your points are valid to my way of thinking. Let us hope for better days ahead. The one thing that struck me is his saying the process should include all and that is the way it should be. Are you aware that Monday night on CNN there will be a debate on this issue at 9 PM Eastern Time. I cannot wait, I think it is a great idea to get the information from the people involved out for people to judge it Merits, or not. I think it fills the Anderson Cooper time slot.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5934
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:26 am

jetero wrote:
I really think a lot of people who argue otherwise are just making it all up.

Or they have no idea.

"Get rid of Obamacare, but don't repeal the ACA which funds *insert successful state program* and gives me healthcare"
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
treetreeseven
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:54 am

stratosphere wrote:
I have mixed feelings on McCain. I think he is a RINO personally.


Well by the contemporary standards of the Republican Party as hijacked by the spittle-flecked lunatic fringe, yes.

einsteinboricua wrote:
jetero wrote:
I really think a lot of people who argue otherwise are just making it all up.

Or they have no idea.

"Get rid of Obamacare, but don't repeal the ACA which funds *insert successful state program* and gives me healthcare"

:checkmark:

And in a demonstration of "you can't fool all the people all the time," about 1 in 4 Republicans don't even support this bill. The impact would be absolutely horrific, and hurt far too many people that are parents and children and brothers and cousins of people who vote. The maggots who wrote it delayed the cliff-push til 2027 but end the end the truth is filtering out and the delay doesn't matter. Cuts are cuts.

I suspect that the Republicans up there who know they're peddling lies and don't actually believe in it, will be quite relieved once it's dead for good. If that law passed, the chickens might take a while to come home to roost but come home they would, and there would be bloodshed like none in recent memory come election day.

Personally, I'm not counting my chickens until end of business on the East Coast on Sep 30. My life is riding on that Medicaid expansion.
 
User avatar
Thunderboltdrgn
Posts: 1876
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:39 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:25 am

Ken777 wrote:
Saved by Senator Superman yet again. John McCain has said he is voting NO! Now if the other Senators with insight and integrity
hold strong Americans will be safe from the horrors of what the GOP is proposing.


A link to NYT about it:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/22/us/p ... -care.html
Like a thunderbolt of lightning the Dragon roars across the sky. Il Drago Ruggente
 
User avatar
Aesma
Posts: 9408
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:14 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:21 am

stratosphere wrote:
Not to mention forcing someone to buy something they don't want.


Isn't that true for any government function ? Like the military, wars, FEMA, schools, etc.

The US hasn't figured out yet that healthcare should be treated the same as those : private providers but public payer.
New Technology is the name we give to stuff that doesn't work yet. Douglas Adams
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:53 pm

treetreeseven wrote:
And in a demonstration of "you can't fool all the people all the time," about 1 in 4 Republicans don't even support this bill.


Of course you couldn't count on these 1 in 4 to be reasonable during the Obama administration.

There really is nothing that explains this large turn from a virulent "Never Obamacare" to "Maybe we can tweak it" except it's yet another example of exactly how obstructionist the Republicans were during the Obama administration--these guys should take 99% of the responsibility for completely breaking the system with their irresponsible intransigence. And guess what? They end up getting rewarded for it in 2016. Absolutely vomitous.
 
Ken777
Topic Author
Posts: 9449
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:38 pm

jetero wrote:
There really is nothing that explains this large turn from a virulent "Never Obamacare" to "Maybe we can tweak it" except it's yet another example of exactly how obstructionist the Republicans were during the Obama administration--these guys should take 99% of the responsibility for completely breaking the system with their irresponsible intransigence. And guess what? They end up getting rewarded for it in 2016. Absolutely vomitous.


The GOP was furious at Obama for winning. They have the belief that the GOP "owns" the White House and cannot stand to see a Democrat win the office. Then not only does a Democrat win, but a Black Democrat wins. That is simply too much for the GOP so all they can do is be the Party of No.

Now that they own all three branches they have suddenly discovered that Health Care is a huge challenge - not some soap of the fingers easy as they had promised. They also discovered that their game of using Medicaid cuts to finance a Billions for the Billionaires Boys Club is discovered by voters around the country and is dead.

Now, if we get through this vote, maybe we can try for a bipartisan effort that add dresses health care in this country instead of unaffordable tax cuts for the rich.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5934
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:45 pm

Bill Maher had a good "New Rule" segment last night on why Trump is now pivoting to working with Schumer and Pelosi. Not only is the GOP in Congress completely inept, but the fact remains that Trump is and has always been a city boy, which both Schumer and Pelosi represent (not flyover states). This means that he can speak their language and, in an effort to get a deal done to get good press, he'll likely turn to them to fix the ACA instead of outright repeal (unless Congress does come up with a good replacement, in which case it would be repeal and replace). Democrats get the fixes they want and Trump can say he "repealed and replaced".

Now, McConnell stands to lose regardless and I wouldn't be surprised that if he can't keep the GOP majority or retains the status quo, he'll step down as majority leader. If he brings the vote and it fails like the previous one, that's a major setback for him; if he denies the bill a vote, it's still a setback. Add the AL senate race where Moore is the favorite to win (in a big middle finger to the "establishment") and McConnell really should wonder if he got more than what he bargained for.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3384
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:13 pm

jetero wrote:
treetreeseven wrote:
And in a demonstration of "you can't fool all the people all the time," about 1 in 4 Republicans don't even support this bill.


Of course you couldn't count on these 1 in 4 to be reasonable during the Obama administration.

Would you agree with me that the 1/4 of Republicans refers to the "rank and file" of voters and NOT to those actually elected to represent them in Congress?

As a registered Republican (an anomaly, I know) there are only a few Republicans in Congress (Sen. McCain some of the time) who come close to representing my views.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15697
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:33 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
treetreeseven wrote:
And in a demonstration of "you can't fool all the people all the time," about 1 in 4 Republicans don't even support this bill.


Of course you couldn't count on these 1 in 4 to be reasonable during the Obama administration.

Would you agree with me that the 1/4 of Republicans refers to the "rank and file" of voters and NOT to those actually elected to represent them in Congress?

As a registered Republican (an anomaly, I know) there are only a few Republicans in Congress (Sen. McCain some of the time) who come close to representing my views.


In Congress, there are only three people who should represent your views, or as near as possible. While I do not agree with McCain on many issues, to call his office and urge him to vote one way or the other on a piece of legislation is a wasted phone call. I live in California, he represents Arizona. Just sayin'
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:37 pm

Ken777 wrote:
jetero wrote:
There really is nothing that explains this large turn from a virulent "Never Obamacare" to "Maybe we can tweak it" except it's yet another example of exactly how obstructionist the Republicans were during the Obama administration--these guys should take 99% of the responsibility for completely breaking the system with their irresponsible intransigence. And guess what? They end up getting rewarded for it in 2016. Absolutely vomitous.


The GOP was furious at Obama for winning. They have the belief that the GOP "owns" the White House and cannot stand to see a Democrat win the office. Then not only does a Democrat win, but a Black Democrat wins. That is simply too much for the GOP so all they can do is be the Party of No.

Now that they own all three branches they have suddenly discovered that Health Care is a huge challenge - not some soap of the fingers easy as they had promised. They also discovered that their game of using Medicaid cuts to finance a Billions for the Billionaires Boys Club is discovered by voters around the country and is dead.

Now, if we get through this vote, maybe we can try for a bipartisan effort that add dresses health care in this country instead of unaffordable tax cuts for the rich.


Yeah and the DNC was furious that Trump won also the democrats are now the new party of "NO" and they too believe they should "own" the white house especially the Clintons. Too bad. Hillary could have had a second chance to swipe all the white house furnishings they made her give back after Bill was on his way out.
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:58 pm

stratosphere wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
jetero wrote:
There really is nothing that explains this large turn from a virulent "Never Obamacare" to "Maybe we can tweak it" except it's yet another example of exactly how obstructionist the Republicans were during the Obama administration--these guys should take 99% of the responsibility for completely breaking the system with their irresponsible intransigence. And guess what? They end up getting rewarded for it in 2016. Absolutely vomitous.


The GOP was furious at Obama for winning. They have the belief that the GOP "owns" the White House and cannot stand to see a Democrat win the office. Then not only does a Democrat win, but a Black Democrat wins. That is simply too much for the GOP so all they can do is be the Party of No.

Now that they own all three branches they have suddenly discovered that Health Care is a huge challenge - not some soap of the fingers easy as they had promised. They also discovered that their game of using Medicaid cuts to finance a Billions for the Billionaires Boys Club is discovered by voters around the country and is dead.

Now, if we get through this vote, maybe we can try for a bipartisan effort that add dresses health care in this country instead of unaffordable tax cuts for the rich.


Yeah and the DNC was furious that Trump won also the democrats are now the new party of "NO" and they too believe they should "own" the white house especially the Clintons. Too bad. Hillary could have had a second chance to swipe all the white house furnishings they made her give back after Bill was on his way out.


Hmmm Stratosphere, let's see what's been on the legislative agenda since Trump assumed office. Obamacare, Obamacare, Obamacare. What would you expect them to do? Another Know-Nothing. "Yeah, yeah, that may be true ... BUT HILLARY!!" God you people are nothing if not absolutely hopeless.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3384
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:17 am

seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:


Of course you couldn't count on these 1 in 4 to be reasonable during the Obama administration.

Would you agree with me that the 1/4 of Republicans refers to the "rank and file" of voters and NOT to those actually elected to represent them in Congress?

As a registered Republican (an anomaly, I know) there are only a few Republicans in Congress (Sen. McCain some of the time) who come close to representing my views.


In Congress, there are only three people who should represent your views, or as near as possible. ..... Just sayin'

I'm sorry that this is too difficult for you to understand.

Unless a majority "represent your views" the legislation that you hope to see passed simply doesn't get passed.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:20 am

BobPatterson wrote:
jetero wrote:
treetreeseven wrote:
And in a demonstration of "you can't fool all the people all the time," about 1 in 4 Republicans don't even support this bill.


Of course you couldn't count on these 1 in 4 to be reasonable during the Obama administration.

Would you agree with me that the 1/4 of Republicans refers to the "rank and file" of voters and NOT to those actually elected to represent them in Congress?

As a registered Republican (an anomaly, I know) there are only a few Republicans in Congress (Sen. McCain some of the time) who come close to representing my views.


Well I wouldn't be surprised if the 1/4 included the more sensible Republicans in Congress who are too scared of a Breitbart-sponsored primary challenger. I'd like to think at least some of them would stand up and be counted if McCain, Collins, and others weren't being the (sensible) sacrificial lambs.
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:54 am

jetero wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
Ken777 wrote:

The GOP was furious at Obama for winning. They have the belief that the GOP "owns" the White House and cannot stand to see a Democrat win the office. Then not only does a Democrat win, but a Black Democrat wins. That is simply too much for the GOP so all they can do is be the Party of No.

Now that they own all three branches they have suddenly discovered that Health Care is a huge challenge - not some soap of the fingers easy as they had promised. They also discovered that their game of using Medicaid cuts to finance a Billions for the Billionaires Boys Club is discovered by voters around the country and is dead.

Now, if we get through this vote, maybe we can try for a bipartisan effort that add dresses health care in this country instead of unaffordable tax cuts for the rich.


Yeah and the DNC was furious that Trump won also the democrats are now the new party of "NO" and they too believe they should "own" the white house especially the Clintons. Too bad. Hillary could have had a second chance to swipe all the white house furnishings they made her give back after Bill was on his way out.


Hmmm Stratosphere, let's see what's been on the legislative agenda since Trump assumed office. Obamacare, Obamacare, Obamacare. What would you expect them to do? Another Know-Nothing. "Yeah, yeah, that may be true ... BUT HILLARY!!" God you people are nothing if not absolutely hopeless.


Hopeless? Kinda strong isn't it. Look I am not personally a fan of Trump I didn't much care for him before he got into politics. But I did vote for him because of two reasons I hated Clinton more and I wanted a part of sending a message to both parties that they suck and are all self serving bastards. Well Trump is too but he was not a career politician so since my option was to vote for her or him I voted for him. She had her stay in the white house im tired of the Bushes and the Clintons thinking the American people want anymore of their dynasties. The Kennedys should be the absolute last dynasty we ever see in the White House. But I do agree with Ken 777 on this, the republicans did think this health care deal was going to be a walk in the park and they did discover its a goat rope. Personally I have always felt as a single white male with a good job making over 100k a year I am screwed no matter who gets in. I don't make enough to be in the good old boys club with the RNC and the DNC hates the white working man telling all of us about how we should feel guilty about our "white privilege" Maybe I'll go back to not voting.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10401
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:35 am

"Maybe I'll go back to not voting" (stratosphere)

And they win, both parties and the people lose. As Trump said today or yesterday I hope Rand Paul votes for the bill for the good of the party. Where the hell are the people in this mess? You did not vote for Clinton because you did not like her. I did vote for her holding my nose because I knew what was going to happen if the Republicans won the power. We both had our reasons which as we can see, screwed us all because they were both bums.
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3384
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:55 am

WarRI1 wrote:
We both had our reasons which as we can see, screwed us all because they were both bums.

Yes, but both are figurehead bums.

Things are not going to get better in the USA because of who gets to be elected to be figurehead President.

The improvement of our national polity depends on us all getting back to the habit of talking to one another and working out compromises.
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10401
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:09 am

BobPatterson wrote:
WarRI1 wrote:
We both had our reasons which as we can see, screwed us all because they were both bums.

Yes, but both are figurehead bums.

Things are not going to get better in the USA because of who gets to be elected to be figurehead President.

The improvement of our national polity depends on us all getting back to the habit of talking to one another and working out compromises.



I agree, this is a sad state of affairs for this country. The people are in second place after the parties and the cronies along with all being in second place after the special interests and the power and money. How can anyone who works for a living in the middle class support these ideas? I am mystified, frustrated and saddened by the support of these people who do not care about their fellow citizens. We are being screwed and some seem to love it. Screw me more. :banghead:
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:44 am

stratosphere wrote:
jetero wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Yeah and the DNC was furious that Trump won also the democrats are now the new party of "NO" and they too believe they should "own" the white house especially the Clintons. Too bad. Hillary could have had a second chance to swipe all the white house furnishings they made her give back after Bill was on his way out.


Hmmm Stratosphere, let's see what's been on the legislative agenda since Trump assumed office. Obamacare, Obamacare, Obamacare. What would you expect them to do? Another Know-Nothing. "Yeah, yeah, that may be true ... BUT HILLARY!!" God you people are nothing if not absolutely hopeless.


Hopeless? Kinda strong isn't it. Look I am not personally a fan of Trump I didn't much care for him before he got into politics. But I did vote for him because of two reasons I hated Clinton more and I wanted a part of sending a message to both parties that they suck and are all self serving bastards. Well Trump is too but he was not a career politician so since my option was to vote for her or him I voted for him. She had her stay in the white house im tired of the Bushes and the Clintons thinking the American people want anymore of their dynasties. The Kennedys should be the absolute last dynasty we ever see in the White House. But I do agree with Ken 777 on this, the republicans did think this health care deal was going to be a walk in the park and they did discover its a goat rope. Personally I have always felt as a single white male with a good job making over 100k a year I am screwed no matter who gets in. I don't make enough to be in the good old boys club with the RNC and the DNC hates the white working man telling all of us about how we should feel guilty about our "white privilege" Maybe I'll go back to not voting.


I'm not sure "hopeless" is too strong of a word.

You have yet to put together a convincing argument as to why you voted for Trump other than "But, but ... Hillary ... " time after time. You've also said there's no "there there" with the Russia affair, meaning you are either reading propaganda or you wake up every morning after a bad Evil Hillary dream saying, "But ... but ... but ... Hillary." NFL players taking a knee seem to be important enough to a guy who admittedly has nothing to complain about but his six-figure salary that just isn't enough, except for the fact that Democrats want to make you feel guilty about it? Yeah those horrible anti-discrimination ordinances must really have you down, as I have no idea what you could be talking about otherwise. Are you really that thin-skinned? I will give you credit, however, for not being of the Crypto Fascist crowd that's on here.

What seriously do you think Evil Hillary would've done had she been elected?

"Hopeless" still works for me. How can you reason with someone who's still obsessed with Hillary? The vast majority of us never were and certainly aren't now.
 
User avatar
OA412
Moderator
Posts: 4291
Joined: Thu Dec 28, 2000 6:22 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:15 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
jetero wrote:
I really think a lot of people who argue otherwise are just making it all up.

Or they have no idea.

"Get rid of Obamacare, but don't repeal the ACA which funds *insert successful state program* and gives me healthcare"

I tend to agree most have no idea. I've known people like this throughout my life; so beholden to and brainwashed by talk radio/Fox News, they don't bother to form a single independent thought. They really entirely on Hannity, Limbaugh, O'Reilly, etc., to tell them how to think. They really don't have any idea that Obamacare and the ACA are the same thing because they never bothered to do any sort of independent research on the matter.
Hughes Airwest - Top Banana In The West
 
User avatar
BobPatterson
Posts: 3384
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:18 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:21 am

I wonder how Mort Sahl, the talk radio terror of the late 70s, would have handled the situation today?
Facts are fragile things. Treat them with care. Sources are important. Alternative facts do not exist.
 
seb146
Posts: 15697
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 1999 7:19 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:15 am

BobPatterson wrote:
seb146 wrote:
BobPatterson wrote:
Would you agree with me that the 1/4 of Republicans refers to the "rank and file" of voters and NOT to those actually elected to represent them in Congress?

As a registered Republican (an anomaly, I know) there are only a few Republicans in Congress (Sen. McCain some of the time) who come close to representing my views.


In Congress, there are only three people who should represent your views, or as near as possible. ..... Just sayin'

I'm sorry that this is too difficult for you to understand.

Unless a majority "represent your views" the legislation that you hope to see passed simply doesn't get passed.


Is it possible for you to express your opinion without insulting people? For you to ask pointed questions without insulting people?
You say Merry Christmas, I say All Holidays Matter
 
treetreeseven
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:06 am

stratosphere wrote:
Personally I have always felt as a single white male with a good job making over 100k a year I am screwed no matter who gets in.

:bored:
 
CPH-R
Posts: 6083
Joined: Thu May 03, 2001 5:19 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:53 pm

Ken777 wrote:
Saved by Senator Superman yet again. John McCain has said he is voting NO! Now if the other Senators with insight and integrity hold strong Americans will be safe from the horrors of what the GOP is proposing.

Saved is a pretty strong word, considering that the whole process starts over again in january. And with mid-terms coming up next year (although I'm not up to date on which seats are up for grabs), I doubt it's going to be bipartisanship that rules the day.
 
Ken777
Topic Author
Posts: 9449
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:41 pm

BobPatterson wrote:
I wonder how Mort Sahl, the talk radio terror of the late 70s, would have handled the situation today?


I believe he would have lit a cigarette, said that "Trump" was a four letter word and then given a string of four letter words he believes best described Trump. Then he might have moved to 5 letter words

.
CPH-R wrote:
Saved is a pretty strong word, considering that the whole process starts over again in january. And with mid-terms coming up next year (although I'm not up to date on which seats are up for grabs), I doubt it's going to be bipartisanship that rules the day.


Saved works for me as October 1st brings us back to the point where the GOP will need 60 votes to screw up health care in the US. Then don't have 60 votes and they won't have them in January, or after the '18 election. All we have to do is to get to now minute after midnight on Sunday morning.
 
Ken777
Topic Author
Posts: 9449
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:06 am

Oooops! Double post
 
stratosphere
Posts: 1289
Joined: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:45 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:36 am

jetero wrote:
stratosphere wrote:
jetero wrote:

Hmmm Stratosphere, let's see what's been on the legislative agenda since Trump assumed office. Obamacare, Obamacare, Obamacare. What would you expect them to do? Another Know-Nothing. "Yeah, yeah, that may be true ... BUT HILLARY!!" God you people are nothing if not absolutely hopeless.


Hopeless? Kinda strong isn't it. Look I am not personally a fan of Trump I didn't much care for him before he got into politics. But I did vote for him because of two reasons I hated Clinton more and I wanted a part of sending a message to both parties that they suck and are all self serving bastards. Well Trump is too but he was not a career politician so since my option was to vote for her or him I voted for him. She had her stay in the white house im tired of the Bushes and the Clintons thinking the American people want anymore of their dynasties. The Kennedys should be the absolute last dynasty we ever see in the White House. But I do agree with Ken 777 on this, the republicans did think this health care deal was going to be a walk in the park and they did discover its a goat rope. Personally I have always felt as a single white male with a good job making over 100k a year I am screwed no matter who gets in. I don't make enough to be in the good old boys club with the RNC and the DNC hates the white working man telling all of us about how we should feel guilty about our "white privilege" Maybe I'll go back to not voting.


I'm not sure "hopeless" is too strong of a word.

You have yet to put together a convincing argument as to why you voted for Trump other than "But, but ... Hillary ... " time after time. You've also said there's no "there there" with the Russia affair, meaning you are either reading propaganda or you wake up every morning after a bad Evil Hillary dream saying, "But ... but ... but ... Hillary." NFL players taking a knee seem to be important enough to a guy who admittedly has nothing to complain about but his six-figure salary that just isn't enough, except for the fact that Democrats want to make you feel guilty about it? Yeah those horrible anti-discrimination ordinances must really have you down, as I have no idea what you could be talking about otherwise. Are you really that thin-skinned? I will give you credit, however, for not being of the Crypto Fascist crowd that's on here.

What seriously do you think Evil Hillary would've done had she been elected?

"Hopeless" still works for me. How can you reason with someone who's still obsessed with Hillary? The vast majority of us never were and certainly aren't now.


Dude I will concede any and all issues you have with Trump. But I have to ask why in THE HELL would anyone vote for Hillary other than the DNC put her up as the front runner.? She is a scumbag of the highest level. The Clintons and their crooked foundation let me ask you is Haiti any better today after all the money they raised for that island? No and you know why? The Clintons funneled money to their contractor buddies to "rebuild:" Haiti and put the rest in their pocket. Any thing I have ever read about them they are filth both her and her husband. But there are a lot of idiots that voted for her. You know the DNC screwed up rigging the game against Bernie. As much as I disagree with that guy I could have stomached voting for him even against Trump. So now thanks to Debbie you guys have to live with the result.
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:40 am

stratosphere wrote:
jetero wrote:
stratosphere wrote:

Hopeless? Kinda strong isn't it. Look I am not personally a fan of Trump I didn't much care for him before he got into politics. But I did vote for him because of two reasons I hated Clinton more and I wanted a part of sending a message to both parties that they suck and are all self serving bastards. Well Trump is too but he was not a career politician so since my option was to vote for her or him I voted for him. She had her stay in the white house im tired of the Bushes and the Clintons thinking the American people want anymore of their dynasties. The Kennedys should be the absolute last dynasty we ever see in the White House. But I do agree with Ken 777 on this, the republicans did think this health care deal was going to be a walk in the park and they did discover its a goat rope. Personally I have always felt as a single white male with a good job making over 100k a year I am screwed no matter who gets in. I don't make enough to be in the good old boys club with the RNC and the DNC hates the white working man telling all of us about how we should feel guilty about our "white privilege" Maybe I'll go back to not voting.


I'm not sure "hopeless" is too strong of a word.

You have yet to put together a convincing argument as to why you voted for Trump other than "But, but ... Hillary ... " time after time. You've also said there's no "there there" with the Russia affair, meaning you are either reading propaganda or you wake up every morning after a bad Evil Hillary dream saying, "But ... but ... but ... Hillary." NFL players taking a knee seem to be important enough to a guy who admittedly has nothing to complain about but his six-figure salary that just isn't enough, except for the fact that Democrats want to make you feel guilty about it? Yeah those horrible anti-discrimination ordinances must really have you down, as I have no idea what you could be talking about otherwise. Are you really that thin-skinned? I will give you credit, however, for not being of the Crypto Fascist crowd that's on here.

What seriously do you think Evil Hillary would've done had she been elected?

"Hopeless" still works for me. How can you reason with someone who's still obsessed with Hillary? The vast majority of us never were and certainly aren't now.


Dude I will concede any and all issues you have with Trump. But I have to ask why in THE HELL would anyone vote for Hillary other than the DNC put her up as the front runner.? She is a scumbag of the highest level. The Clintons and their crooked foundation let me ask you is Haiti any better today after all the money they raised for that island? No and you know why? The Clintons funneled money to their contractor buddies to "rebuild:" Haiti and put the rest in their pocket. Any thing I have ever read about them they are filth both her and her husband. But there are a lot of idiots that voted for her. You know the DNC screwed up rigging the game against Bernie. As much as I disagree with that guy I could have stomached voting for him even against Trump. So now thanks to Debbie you guys have to live with the result.


So this has all been out of spite over Haiti? Good to know.
 
salttee
Posts: 1619
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:17 am

jetero wrote:
So this has all been out of spite over Haiti? Good to know.

Stratosphere cares deeply about corruption in Haiti.
Right after that comes the parking situation in downtown Mozambique.

I'm sure he cares deeply about that too.
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:11 am

salttee wrote:
jetero wrote:
So this has all been out of spite over Haiti? Good to know.

Stratosphere cares deeply about corruption in Haiti.
Right after that comes the parking situation in downtown Mozambique.

I'm sure he cares deeply about that too.


It's just so sad because I was voting for more corruption in Haiti. I thought maybe since we've been so successful there we could try another country. I feel like the Dominican is ripe for picking ... I mean, it's right next door. Cuba, well, those guys. Maybe we liberals can orchestrate a hurricane there. (Isn't that what we did in Syria?)
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:14 pm

Collins has now come out as the third "no" vote, despite the extortive amendments added to buy her vote with additional subsidies to Maine.
 
727LOVER
Posts: 7415
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2001 12:22 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:04 pm

jetero wrote:
Collins has now come out as the third "no" vote, despite the extortive amendments added to buy her vote with additional subsidies to Maine.


Trump hasn't tweeted about it....too busy bashing the NFL :rotfl:
"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
 
salttee
Posts: 1619
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2016 3:26 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:41 pm

jetero wrote:
It's just so sad because I was voting for more corruption in Haiti. I thought maybe since we've been so successful there we could try another country. I feel like the Dominican is ripe for picking ... I mean, it's right next door. Cuba, well, those guys. Maybe we liberals can orchestrate a hurricane there. (Isn't that what we did in Syria?)

Honduras and El Salvador have been darlings of the right wingers ever since the Reagan days so we know there can't be any corruption going on down that way. Much like those Saudi family friends of the Bush family. Live and die by the the of law they say.
 
treetreeseven
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:17 am

727LOVER wrote:
jetero wrote:
Collins has now come out as the third "no" vote, despite the extortive amendments added to buy her vote with additional subsidies to Maine.


Trump hasn't tweeted about it....too busy bashing the NFL :rotfl:

So much #winning, it's hard to know where to start.

For instance, Trump's astute helming of the highly targeted and effective civilian+military relief effort in Puerto Rico, where he also spared no time and effort making sure Puerto Rican citizens and their mainland loved ones know the islanders are in the best of hands.

... oh wait.
 
Ken777
Topic Author
Posts: 9449
Joined: Thu Mar 11, 2004 5:39 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:12 pm

The GOP had a Caucus and decided NOT to vote on health care until taxes are taken care of. That moves health care into the 60 vote environment which means that TrumpCare is dead. :tombstone:

Guess that is the reason why Trump has worked so hard to shift the country's attention to the NFL - today is simply another Trump failure of leadership. No surprise there.
 
treetreeseven
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:18 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:25 pm

Supposedly they're looking to the next reconciliation window in 2018.

I think the effort as such is toast. This was the biggest viable challenge to Obamacare, which for all its (significant) warts, was a genius way to get the camel's nose under the tent given the realities on the ground in the USA. Turns out, on balance, people like enough of the provisions (no pre-existing conditions, 20something kids on the parents' plan, and the Medicaid expansion) that it was not possible to take those back, and will become less and less possible over time. I'm quite sure the prime movers behind Obamacare were well aware of this.
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5934
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Please...I can't take all the winning. Make it stop!!!
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
User avatar
einsteinboricua
Posts: 5934
Joined: Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:56 pm

Ken777 wrote:
The GOP had a Caucus and decided NOT to vote on health care until taxes are taken care of. That moves health care into the 60 vote environment which means that TrumpCare is dead. :tombstone:

Guess that is the reason why Trump has worked so hard to shift the country's attention to the NFL - today is simply another Trump failure of leadership. No surprise there.

Just when he was having a good week, when polls started moving up, he goes ahead and messes it up (NFL tweets, a Katrina-like response to PR, etc.). Add the fact that the ACA will still stand another year and the midterms suddenly look more appealing.
"You haven't seen a tree until you've seen its shadow from the sky."
 
jetero
Posts: 1623
Joined: Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:45 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:02 am

einsteinboricua wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
The GOP had a Caucus and decided NOT to vote on health care until taxes are taken care of. That moves health care into the 60 vote environment which means that TrumpCare is dead. :tombstone:

Guess that is the reason why Trump has worked so hard to shift the country's attention to the NFL - today is simply another Trump failure of leadership. No surprise there.

Just when he was having a good week, when polls started moving up, he goes ahead and messes it up (NFL tweets, a Katrina-like response to PR, etc.). Add the fact that the ACA will still stand another year and the midterms suddenly look more appealing.


The Tea Partiers are going to go all out in 2018 convincing people early on that all elections are "rigged," and that there is widespread voting fraud. The President and his media apparatus will stand behind these allegations and fan the flames. It's going to be ugly as hell.
 
User avatar
WarRI1
Posts: 10401
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Here Comes TrumpCare

Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:03 am

jetero wrote:
einsteinboricua wrote:
Ken777 wrote:
The GOP had a Caucus and decided NOT to vote on health care until taxes are taken care of. That moves health care into the 60 vote environment which means that TrumpCare is dead. :tombstone:

Guess that is the reason why Trump has worked so hard to shift the country's attention to the NFL - today is simply another Trump failure of leadership. No surprise there.

Just when he was having a good week, when polls started moving up, he goes ahead and messes it up (NFL tweets, a Katrina-like response to PR, etc.). Add the fact that the ACA will still stand another year and the midterms suddenly look more appealing.


The Tea Partiers are going to go all out in 2018 convincing people early on that all elections are "rigged," and that there is widespread voting fraud. The President and his media apparatus will stand behind these allegations and fan the flames. It's going to be ugly as hell.



Really! Can the Trump voters be that gullible? Thank goodness he did not win the popular vote. We might have a chance to survive his one and only term. If we do not get into a war first, or a Constitutional Crisis. As the temporary head of the DEA said as he resigned said I do not think Trump respects the law. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/26/us/p ... signs.html
It is better to die on your feet, than live on your knees.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BobPatterson, Gemuser, imperialairways, ogre727 and 48 guests

Popular Searches On Airliners.net

Top Photos of Last:   24 Hours  •  48 Hours  •  7 Days  •  30 Days  •  180 Days  •  365 Days  •  All Time

Military Aircraft Every type from fighters to helicopters from air forces around the globe

Classic Airliners Props and jets from the good old days

Flight Decks Views from inside the cockpit

Aircraft Cabins Passenger cabin shots showing seat arrangements as well as cargo aircraft interior

Cargo Aircraft Pictures of great freighter aircraft

Government Aircraft Aircraft flying government officials

Helicopters Our large helicopter section. Both military and civil versions

Blimps / Airships Everything from the Goodyear blimp to the Zeppelin

Night Photos Beautiful shots taken while the sun is below the horizon

Accidents Accident, incident and crash related photos

Air to Air Photos taken by airborne photographers of airborne aircraft

Special Paint Schemes Aircraft painted in beautiful and original liveries

Airport Overviews Airport overviews from the air or ground

Tails and Winglets Tail and Winglet closeups with beautiful airline logos